PDA

View Full Version : Towson Football in the News...

andy7171
April 23rd, 2007, 02:00 PM
Something is wrong. I thought I just saw a Towson football article in the Baltimore Sun. How odd. And during lacrosse season even!xrolleyesx
Sun Article Link (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/football/bal-sp.towson20apr20,0,7077077.story?coll=bal-college-football)

JMU2K_DukeDawg
April 23rd, 2007, 02:04 PM
Excellent! You guys need that support. Anything that might detract people from UMD Athletics is fine by me, and who really cares about JHU or or Lacrosse anyway... xcoolx

Looking forward to the day when a fall trip to Baltimore has a full crowd on hand to see the CAA Championship football game (as JMU and Towson always seem to play each other the final game of the season). xthumbsupx

andy7171
April 23rd, 2007, 02:08 PM
Excellent! You guys need that support. Anything that might detract people from UMD Athletics is fine by me, and who really cares about JHU or or Lacrosse anyway... xcoolx

Looking forward to the day when a fall trip to Baltimore has a full crowd on hand to see the CAA Championship football game (as JMU and Towson always seem to play each other the final game of the season). xthumbsupx
HA! When I was at Towson, we were each others longest rivals on each others schedules. The 10 year lay off, the dark ages of Towson Football, wiped that rivalry out unfortunately.

I'm packing up the family to go to the big TU/JHU lax game this Saturday! If the weather is nice, it'll be a packed house at Unitas Stadium! xthumbsupx

CopperCat
April 23rd, 2007, 06:52 PM
I wish some teams from the BSC would get coverage like that!! Good for Towson! That kind of thing never hurts a team (unless its about your backup punter stabbing the starting punter in the leg).xrotatehx

Seawolf97
April 23rd, 2007, 06:56 PM
Good article -maybe we will wind up on eachothers schedule someday. GOOD LUCK IN 2007!

MplsBison
April 24th, 2007, 11:08 AM
What's the deal with lacrosse out there.

You guys like it?

Reminds me too much of hockey and soccer. Boring!

andy7171
April 24th, 2007, 11:16 AM
What's the deal with lacrosse out there.

You guys like it?

Reminds me too much of hockey and soccer. Boring!
It's alot like hockey outside on a field with the puck in the air. A lot of similarities. Not really like soccer, besides the big open field. Lots of contact. It's huge here in Baltimore. It has almost wiped out youth baseball, sadly, because its faster and more exciting to play.
I have to admit, when my HS started up lacrosse, I stopped playing baseball. For one, I couldn't hit the ball if my life depended on it and two, I like to hit people.

MplsBison
April 24th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Baseball is so boring. I can't stand it.

Football is really the only sport I like watching.

andy7171
April 24th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Well obviously, given the choice, I take football 10 times out of 10.