PDA

View Full Version : NoCo Bears look sharp in final spring scrimmage

ncbears
April 21st, 2007, 08:01 PM
The Bears looked good today. The offense and defense showed some strides under 2nd year head coach Scott Downing. The offense is still learning a new system under new offensive coordinator Dennis Darnell and the defense looked a little quicker getting to the ball. Here's a little write up on uncbears.com

http://uncbears.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/042107aab.html

biobengal
April 22nd, 2007, 02:40 AM
Yeah, whatever. You must be drinking the same stuff that has fueled my obsession with Idaho State Bengal football since 81.

The BSC cellar (like anyone gives a rip):

6th Idaho State Bengals
7th Weber State Wildcats
8th Sacramento State Horenets
9th Northern Colorado Bears

Fresno St. Alum
April 22nd, 2007, 02:46 AM
I remember when N.Colorado dominated New Haven 51-0 in the D-II title game in the 90's, man what happend.xsmhx

MplsBison
April 22nd, 2007, 08:50 AM
Back to back DII national championships, actually.

UNC has really fallen off.

ncbears
April 22nd, 2007, 09:30 AM
We did well our first year in our transition in '03, but you're right we've fallen. It's tuff enough to rebuild but it's even tougher when you're in a transition. I think the Bison had to do this also not too long ago, but you didn't have to do it in a transition. We'll be ok. I think if we can get 4 wins this year, I'll know we're on the the right track.

ncbears
April 22nd, 2007, 09:40 AM
plus all the off the field distractions did play a major role last season. Every week there was something going on, players stabbing players, getting into drunkin fights and yelling racial slurs, other fights, etc. Just a horrible year but coach Downing is a good guy and if it means getting rid of some bad apples that are some of our best players then that's what it takes. We'll be better in 2007. xnodx

catbob
April 22nd, 2007, 10:55 AM
I hope the Bears can turn things around, I've always liked their program. I think Downing will have the team on the right track, but these things take time.

Gil Dobie
April 22nd, 2007, 11:17 AM
I'd also like to see a former NCC team, UNC turn things around. Best of luck in the coming season.

PSUVikings
April 22nd, 2007, 11:36 AM
I hope that blowout on the 1st to Hawaii will not carry over the rest of the season, I see UNC with 4 wins at tops, 2 at the minimum

CopperCat
April 22nd, 2007, 05:03 PM
I really hope UNC can do something this year. Scott Downing is a great guy, and a good coach from what I hear from my UNC compadres. If you can win 5 games, I would call that a nice improvement. I hope it happens (just don't beat us ok?).xsmiley_wix