PDA

View Full Version : SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY hires Daryl Daye(former Nicholls State head Coach)

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 3rd, 2005, 02:01 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SU welcomes players, two new assistants

By JOSEPH SCHIEFELBEIN
[email protected]
Advocate sportswriter

As Southern University welcomes back its football players this morning, two new assistant coaches will be on hand.
Former Nicholls State head coach Daryl Daye and former Houma Bayou Bucks head coach Jack Phillips Jr. have been hired as part-time assistants, completing a makeover of the defensive staff.

Read Story
http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/080305/sou_suplayers001.shtml

JohnStOnge
August 3rd, 2005, 07:14 AM
Daye is an awfully good coach, I think, to get as a part time assistant. I expect to see some bitchin' on the McNeese message board now because there was some suggestion that he should be brought in to be Defensive Coordinator over there.

CosmoVixen24
August 3rd, 2005, 10:14 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SU welcomes players, two new assistants

By JOSEPH SCHIEFELBEIN
[email protected]
Advocate sportswriter

As Southern University welcomes back its football players this morning, two new assistant coaches will be on hand.
Former Nicholls State head coach Daryl Daye and former Houma Bayou Bucks head coach Jack Phillips Jr. have been hired as part-time assistants, completing a makeover of the defensive staff.

Read Story
http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/080305/sou_suplayers001.shtml

They only got hired as part-time assistants? That blows!

Mr. C
August 3rd, 2005, 10:55 AM
This is an interesting hire. Daye is a good coach and this will help Southern a lot. I'm glad to see him get another chance in coaching after basically being made a scapegoat at Nicholls State. Big thumbs up to Pete Richardson and the folks at Southern.

Catmendue2
August 3rd, 2005, 06:15 PM
:)
They only got hired as part-time assistants? That blows!

Sounds like Coach Daye, got a bone to pick and is auditioning to the Southland to me. :D