PDA

View Full Version : LSU DE to transfer to App

T-Dog
April 18th, 2007, 08:31 PM
His LSU profile.

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=27812&SPID=2164&DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=174881&Q_SEASON=2006

By Tommy Bowman.
WINSTON-SALEM JOURNAL REPORTER.
Tim Washington of LSU apparently liked what he saw when his team played Appalachian State in 2005.
Washington, a 6-3, 265-pound defensive end with two years of eligibility left, said he is in the process of transferring to Appalachian. He plans to start classes this summer and compete for a starting spot at end, a position left vacant by the departure of senior Marques Murrell.
"I wanted to be in a different environment, and I wanted a chance to showcase my abilities,’‘ Washington said of his reasons for leaving LSU. He’ll finish the current semester there.
Washington, from Houston, Texas, and a heralded prep recruit out of Dulles High School, was recruited by Nick Saban’s staff and was redshirted in 2004. He played in nine games the last two seasons on deep defensive lines for Coach Les Miles’ teams, both of which went 11-2.
As a redshirt freshman in 2005, Washington played in four games. He had six tackles and one sack before injuring a knee late in the season. Washington didn’t play in LSU’s 24-0 victory over Appalachian, but he watched from the sideline.
"When they played us my freshman year, I really liked the program,’‘ Washington said.
Washington had surgery to repair a torn ACL, and said he had "no problem getting back to 100 percent.’‘.
As a sophomore last season, he played in five games and totaled three tackles.
Washington said that the prospect of more playing time was one reason he decided to transfer. He said that his knowledge of ASU, which has won two straight national titles in Division I-AA, and the fact that he has a brother nearby in Raleigh were factors in his choice.
Stacy Searels, a former assistant coach at ASU who is now an assistant at Georgia, was the offensive-line coach at LSU during Washington’s time there, but Washington said that wasn’t a factor in his decision.
Washington said he was interested in transferring to a I-AA school so that he would be eligible to play in the fall. He said he considered schools in Texas and Alabama but was leaning toward the Mountaineers all along. He said that a visit to ASU last weekend solidified his decision.
"It was a very friendly environment and a place I can see myself being,’‘ Washington said. "I wanted to go to the best Division I-AA school I could get to. I didn’t want to go to a mediocre program, and I wanted to go somewhere where I could contribute. Hopefully, my part will benefit the team.’‘.
The Mountaineers were hardest hit by graduation on the defensive line, losing three of four starters including Murrell, who is expected to wind up in camp with an NFL team. Gary Tharrington started at the other end position last season as a freshman.

proasu89
April 18th, 2007, 08:35 PM
xsmiley_wix

Mr. C
April 18th, 2007, 08:49 PM
And the rich get richer. Ironically, I had a friend during my college days who played football by the name of Tim Washington. Tim, who played CB at Fresno City College, Cal and Fresno State, was Mr. Irrelevant in 1982. He made the San Francisco 49ers and carved out a brief NFL career. His brother Anthony Washington played CB for the Washington Redskins and started in a Super Bowl. Tim died of pneumonia shortly after his NFL career ended (dying WAY too young), so it will be kind of weird covering another Tim Washington.

phillyAPP
April 18th, 2007, 08:52 PM
OH YEAH !!!
I LIKE THAT

APP STATE - "AIMING FOR 3"

catamount man
April 18th, 2007, 09:10 PM
xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

PaladinFan
April 18th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Don't get all worked up yet. Just because he transferred from a big name doesn't mean he IS a big name.

....of course I must take the negative approach :)

phillyAPP
April 18th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Thats not negative

Wait till the APP fans chime in.

He is not a STARTER until he EARNS it

He's got alot of work ahead of him

CID1990
April 18th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Under our last coach, we played with one of Auburn's old QBs who had a year of eligibility left, and then we played with Clemson's QB who was in the same situation. Both of them excelled. Their presence kept us in some games, but overall, they hurt the team's cohesion because they had not bonded with the rest of the group. I'd say we would have been better off without them.

Mr. C
April 18th, 2007, 09:49 PM
App State has been very selective over the years in taking transfers and most of them have worked out pretty well, so I doubt that Jerry Moore would let this kid come in unless he met Moore's high standards. BTW, transfers like Arthur and Daniel Orlebar and Julian Rauch have fit in very well in the past two or three years.

proasu89
April 18th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Don't get all worked up yet. Just because he transferred from a big name doesn't mean he IS a big name.

That's understoodxlolx We wouldn't want it any other way:) I trust our coaches put as much time into this young man as they would any recruit out of high school. Our recruiting record, as of late, speaks for itself

appfan2008
April 18th, 2007, 10:01 PM

if you were getting a transfer i would treat it the same way. xnodx

appfan2008
April 18th, 2007, 10:02 PM
i hope he helps out our only true question mark... but i think we would have been fine anyway but this should sure up our line

PaladinFan
April 18th, 2007, 10:10 PM
if you were getting a transfer i would treat it the same way. xnodx

Depends on who, I suppose. When Ingle Martin decided to transfer it was good for us. He had been highly regarded at every level he'd played and been recruited by, debateably, the top coach for quarterbacks in the country.

That said, however, Furman has gotten transfers from the University of Florida not named Ingle Martin. They were pretty good ball players but few of them came in and started immediately. Brian Stone, a widereciever from the 2005 team (and one of the major influences in landing Martin) was a reciever at UF. He had a good career at Furman, but nothing stellar.

That this kid was drafted as a defensive player on LSU says good things about him, just as getting a quarterback from UF was big news. We knew Martin was a player. I agree with most of you though, the transfer has to earn his way onto the starting line. Given ASU's need for a few defensive linemen, this situation works out well for you if for no other reason another warm body to throw out there.

CitadelGrad
April 18th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Under our last coach, we played with one of Auburn's old QBs who had a year of eligibility left, and then we played with Clemson's QB who was in the same situation. Both of them excelled. Their presence kept us in some games, but overall, they hurt the team's cohesion because they had not bonded with the rest of the group. I'd say we would have been better off without them.

The bonding thing is probably less of an issue at places like Appy and Vermin. At the Citadel, it's hard to look at a guy as part of the team if he hasn't been through the 4th class system.

appfan2008
April 18th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Depends on who, I suppose. When Ingle Martin decided to transfer it was good for us. He had been highly regarded at every level he'd played and been recruited by, debateably, the top coach for quarterbacks in the country.

That said, however, Furman has gotten transfers from the University of Florida not named Ingle Martin. They were pretty good ball players but few of them came in and started immediately. Brian Stone, a widereciever from the 2005 team (and one of the major influences in landing Martin) was a reciever at UF. He had a good career at Furman, but nothing stellar.

That this kid was drafted as a defensive player on LSU says good things about him, just as getting a quarterback from UF was big news. We knew Martin was a player. I agree with most of you though, the transfer has to earn his way onto the starting line. Given ASU's need for a few defensive linemen, this situation works out well for you if for no other reason another warm body to throw out there.
I agree we really could use somebody a 6-3 LSU lineman is at worst case... a large body to throw out there to give a breather to someone which will be needed

seantaylor
April 19th, 2007, 03:20 AM
Thug life. All because of their thug DE that stabbed someone. Mr. C will not give anyone any dap, because this guy isn't even on anyone's radar. GSU has much better transfers, but we don't like to brag.

mountain man
April 19th, 2007, 05:20 AM
Now the announcers have another FBS "transfer" to talk about this fall. xnonono2x

AppMan
April 19th, 2007, 05:23 AM
Thug life. All because of their thug DE that stabbed someone. Mr. C will not give anyone any dap, because this guy isn't even on anyone's radar. GSU has much better transfers, but we don't like to brag.

The story about Tharrington stabbing someone was a complete fabrication. BTW, how is that transfer QB from Southern Miss working out?

seantaylor
April 19th, 2007, 05:52 AM
No it's not. Don't lie to yourself.

Eaglegus2
April 19th, 2007, 06:15 AM
The story about Tharrington stabbing someone was a complete fabrication. BTW, how is that transfer QB from Southern Miss working out?

Hopefully, he will be better under a coach with offensive experience. Coach Hatcher was a qb in high school & college. Coach has produced some good qbs in his career. I expect Travis Clark to get better and I am definitely looking forward to Billy Lowe coming from Northern Illinois. Let the competion begin.

phillyAPP
April 19th, 2007, 06:19 AM
YOU ARE SO JEALOUS

You make GSU fans look stupid, I guess we all have one like you. I just don't know who ours is.

You'll see how much of a thug Tharrington is when he runs through your o-line this year,and next, and the next !!!!!!!!

phillyAPP
April 19th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Now we see a normal GSU fan. Talking football. Eaglegus2

PaladinFan
April 19th, 2007, 08:12 AM
GA Southern has gotten some good transfers, but right now, the only legit one might be the boy from Oaklahoma State. The ones from last year are still young, but they hardly impressed last year.

appfan2008
April 19th, 2007, 08:29 AM
what do you think you are doing... xsmhx xnonono2x xmadx xnonono2x xnonox xnonox xnonox

Black Saturday
April 19th, 2007, 08:41 AM
His LSU profile.

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=27812&SPID=2164&DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=174881&Q_SEASON=2006

A few days ago I posted the possibility of this happening.

Still a rumor of another defensive lineman from an ACC school to join APP as well. Stay tuned.

Yes the rich get richer:o

andy7171
April 19th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Becareful of what you wish for. ASU has a very good thing going. Too many FBS transfers thinking they are above the FCS level of play could disrupt team chemistry.
A player leaving his school based on playing time indicates he thinks he's better than what the coaches have evaluated him to be. Add to that stepping down in the level of competition, whether real or perceived, can only inflate that players feeling of self-worth.
Now I'm not saying this applys to all transfers, but it happens alot more than you might think.

Just because a player transfers from a "big time FBS" school doesn't mean your getting a "big time FBS" player. The fact he's leaving said "big time FBS" school indicates he is not.

phillyAPP
April 19th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Becareful of what you wish for. ASU has a very good thing going. Too many FBS transfers thinking they are above the FCS level of play could disrupt team chemistry.
A player leaving his school based on playing time indicates he thinks he's better than what the coaches have evaluated him to be. Add to that stepping down in the level of competition, whether real or perceived, can only inflate that players feeling of self-worth.
Now I'm not saying this applys to all transfers, but it happens alot more than you might think.

Just because a player transfers from a "big time FBS" school doesn't mean your getting a "big time FBS" player. The fact he's leaving said "big time FBS" school indicates he is not.

Andy
I agree with you but APP does alot of research and evaluation before they consider any transfer. APP had a coach at LSU in Offense that just went to Georgia who i am sure gave a thumbs up or down.
Coach Moore's charactor is the measuring stick and he has done extremely well recently because in the past those things you spoke about happened.

ALL transfers will have to EARN playing time.xnodx xnodx xnodx

McNeese75
April 19th, 2007, 09:28 AM
A few days ago I posted the possibility of this happening.

Still a rumor of another defensive lineman from an ACC school to join APP as well. Stay tuned.

Sounds like APP will get the Transfer-U award for the year xnodx

ChickenMan
April 19th, 2007, 09:47 AM

Not always true... sometimes a player is just stuck behind an outstanding guy and just needs a chance to play in order to demonstrate that he is a big-time performer. It's pretty common to get a real good transfer at QB or RB.. as good players at those positions sometimes just get stuck behind 'better' players and their opportunities become very limited. However I do agree that with many other positions and particularly with the DL.. it is very difficult to get a talented transfer. Good DL talent is hard to find and a truly talented player will usually get enough playing time to keep them happy at their 'big-time' school. Time will tell with the LSU transfer.

youwouldno
April 19th, 2007, 09:52 AM
QB is the only position where a large number of really good players transfer... FBS programs bring in way too many to ever give even the good ones a chance to play many times. Other positions, a transfer is rarely going to be an impact player, though Ben Patrick was a big exception-- but he left Duke for a more competitive program, not less.

Black Saturday
April 19th, 2007, 10:18 AM

"Just a minute my friend,"

1 confirmed transfer and 1 more possible does not make APP Transfer U.

T-Dog
April 19th, 2007, 10:23 AM

That turned out not to be true. If it happened, it would be widely known.

PaladinFan
April 19th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Not always true... sometimes a player is just stuck behind an outstanding guy and just needs a chance to play in order to demonstrate that he is a big-time performer. It's pretty common to get a real good transfer at QB or RB.. as good players at those positions sometimes just get stuck behind 'better' players and their opportunities become very limited. However I do agree that with many other positions and particularly with the DL.. it is very difficult to get a talented transfer. Good DL talent is hard to find and a truly talented player will usually get enough playing time to keep them happy at their 'big-time' school. Time will tell with the LSU transfer.

True for Ingle Martin. However, a lot of times a backup at a big school is just that, a backup.

YoUDeeMan
April 19th, 2007, 10:49 AM

Shawn Johnson. xnodx xthumbsupx

Hopefully, Ronald Talley. xnodx

ChickenMan
April 19th, 2007, 11:34 AM
True for Ingle Martin. However, a lot of times a backup at a big school is just that, a backup.

Andy Hall.. Delaware

Craig Och.. Montana

Justin Rascati.. JMU

Dustin Long.. SHST

a few more that worked out pretty well... ;)

CharlestonAppFan
April 19th, 2007, 11:50 AM
I like the fact that App is getting noticed outside of our "usual" recruiting grounds and it is a testament to the program we have built. I also like the fact that this guy comes from LSU and was recruited by Nick Saban. Looks like the injury to his knee was in 2005, so he could be almost recovered from it by the time summer hits. Time and his work ethic will tell, cause it seems like he has an upside to his athletic potential.

He maybe also considered going to a school with less students. I know I visited NC State and S. Carolina and didn't like the big time college atmosphere it presented. Just me, but App may be a good fit for this young man....Big Fish, Small Pond theory

trusty
April 19th, 2007, 12:16 PM
YOU ARE SO JEALOUS

You make GSU fans look stupid, I guess we all have one like you. I just don't know who ours is.

You'll see how much of a thug Tharrington is when he runs through your o-line this year,and next, and the next !!!!!!!!

Good transfer, maybe it will work out for you guys.
Can't let the above go but if you want to know who yours is take a walk around your campus you will see thousands:D :D :D xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupxxsmiley_wix

phillyAPP
April 19th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Good transfer, maybe it will work out for you guys.
Can't let the above go but if you want to know who yours is take a walk around your campus you will see thousands:D :D :D xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupxxsmiley_wix

It didn't read the way I wanted it. People in Boone are great. People in Statesboro are great also. I went to the game this year and met most of the good ones in Statesboro. I work with an ex-GSU football player,frat president 6 year undergrad from GSU who is also great.xlolx xlolx

A$$ are everywhere not more or less in any enironment, NOT EVEN in Philly or New York. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

There is nothing like a great conference with great rivalries. I Love the make-up of the SoCon because it is diverse and comnpetitive.

IS it Football season yet? Sure feels like it.

trusty
April 19th, 2007, 12:44 PM
It didn't read the way I wanted it. People in Boone are great. People in Statesboro are great also. I went to the game this year and met most of the good ones in Statesboro. I work with an ex-GSU football player,frat president 6 year undergrad from GSU who is also great.xlolx xlolx

A$$ are everywhere not more or less in any enironment, NOT EVEN in Philly or New York. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

There is nothing like a great conference with great rivalries. I Love the make-up of the SoCon because it is diverse and comnpetitive.

IS it Football season yet? Sure feels like it.

It was an easy shot to take.;) Our Spring Practice is going well but we still have some work ahead of us. Good thing is the guys are feeling good, the D is getting after it, and we seem to be getting better on both sides everyday.

The season can't get here quick enoughxoopsx

ChickenMan
April 19th, 2007, 12:46 PM
I Love the make-up of the SoCon because it is diverse and competitive.

quick.. somebody tell that to UTC, the Citadel, WCU and Elon... :p

GannonFan
April 19th, 2007, 01:03 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx

ball21
April 19th, 2007, 01:12 PM

As soon as this DROPS you QB for a lost of 15 yds then we will see how good he really is.. .Just mark your calendars for Black Saturday for Oct. 27th .. WE WILL BE THERE IN FULL FORCE!!

Go ASU

citdog
April 19th, 2007, 01:13 PM

Chicken man we had a winng season in the SoCon last year so please remove THE Citadel

GannonFan
April 19th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Chicken man we had a winng season in the SoCon last year so please remove THE Citadel

And yet haven't been above .500 overall in any year since 1997.

ucdtim17
April 19th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Hopefully, Ronald Talley. xnodx

He's going to be great. He might be starting for ND this fall if he'd stayed

BigApp
April 19th, 2007, 02:30 PM
if this kid stays healthy, he'll be a major contributor...

phillyAPP
April 19th, 2007, 02:37 PM

How can you be this excited ? Do you know more about him?

I really hope your right and he EARNS his ACCOLADES !:)

appfan2008
April 19th, 2007, 04:45 PM
major???

how do you know?

Mr. C
April 19th, 2007, 05:10 PM
The word I am getting from the staff is that Tim Washington will indeed be a "MAJOR" contributor. The comparisons I'm hearing is that he is another Jason Hunter type of player. He has a similar wingspan to Hunter, is extremely fast and has more size than what ASU is used to in most of its defensive linemen.

I heard a quote attributed to Stacy Searels, the former outstanding offensive line coach at ASU, who was at LSU when Washington was on the roster and is now the OL coach at Georgia. Searels comment was: "A player as good as Tim Washington should be ILLEGAL in the Southern Conference."

If Searels is saying that, then this kid must be pretty good. This is a kid who was HIGHLY recruited by Nick Saben at LSU and was wanted by a lot of schools. Only injuries have slowed down this talented player and, from what I hear, he is finally healthy after ACL surgery.

Mr. C
April 19th, 2007, 05:17 PM
One or two transfers from a school that has a reputation for taking very few transfers and App State is Transfer U? What a goofy comment. From what I've heard, there have been a ton of players that ASU has turned down as transfers in the past two years.

phillyAPP
April 19th, 2007, 06:57 PM
One or two transfers from a school that has a reputation for taking very few transfers and App State is Transfer U? What a goofy comment. From what I've heard, there have been a ton of players that ASU has turned down as transfers in the past two years.

AMEN MR.C

You are preaching tonight

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

SEE ,YOU ARE GROWING A FOLLOWING

GaSouthern
April 19th, 2007, 07:13 PM
CRAP! He's fueling the fire of the HOT HOT HOT Appy Mountaineers.

I'm REALLY not looking forward to Boone this year! :(

AppStateold299
April 19th, 2007, 08:28 PM
CRAP! He's fueling the fire of the HOT HOT HOT Appy Mountaineers.

I'm REALLY not looking forward to Boone this year! :(

You are not looking forward to it because we have a long home winning streak and until we are beat...WE ARE STILL THE CHAMPIONS! I and the rest of App. is looking forward to a good hard faught game at "The Rock."

BigApp
April 19th, 2007, 10:47 PM
how do you know?

I think Mr C covered that pretty well! :D

BigApp
April 19th, 2007, 10:49 PM

xrolleyesx yeah, they're only competitive against A-10 teams! xreadx

wanna dredge that up again?? xlolx

ChickenMan
April 20th, 2007, 10:13 AM
xrolleyesx yeah, they're only competitive against A-10 teams! xreadx

if you consider 13-30.. 'competitive'... they must teach some funny ciphering at ASU... :D

SoCon48
April 20th, 2007, 12:20 PM
AMEN MR.C

You are preaching tonight

SEE ,YOU ARE GROWING A FOLLOWING

I second that!

BigApp
April 20th, 2007, 01:11 PM
if you consider 13-30.. 'competitive'... they must teach some funny ciphering at ASU... :D

IIRC, the numbers were about .500 against teams finishing 2-16 in your conference...and I remember getting them from your conferences' website. yes, competitive. xreadx

You taking Amnesia courses from that perfesser at Charleston Southern? xeyebrowx xlolx

ChickenMan
April 20th, 2007, 01:27 PM
IIRC, the numbers were about .500 against teams finishing 2-16 in your conference...and I remember getting them from your conferences' website. yes, competitive. xreadx

You taking Amnesia courses from that perfesser at Charleston Southern? xeyebrowx xlolx

I don't know what your ... finishing 2-16 comment means.. but here are the facts vs A10/CAA opponents... from http://www.diaafootball.com/?session=yUMisjJW31qGDFlDn27YRACi8i.

Elon... 1-9

UTC... 2-5

Citadel.. 9-15

WCU... 1-0

PS... and all of the weak sisters.. except WCU who played only ONE game vs the A10... have a HIGHER WINNING PERCENTAGE vs the SoCon than they do the A10/CAA...

Jerbearasu
April 20th, 2007, 07:03 PM

I agree. I think most will remember a guy by the name of Brandon Jacobs who finished his career at So. Illinois and is now looking to take the reigns from Tiki Barber as the #1 with the New York football Giants. What you may not know is he was originally from Auburn where he was hidden behind Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams, who I hope everyone knows as well...

BigApp
April 21st, 2007, 03:57 PM
I don't know what your ... finishing 2-16 comment means...

yes you do....

positions 2 through (ever how many team's you've had through the years)

when they play anyone other than your conference's eventual champion, they're .500 against you.

amnesia...

ChickenMan
April 21st, 2007, 06:34 PM
amnesia...

Elon... 1-9

UTC... 2-5

Citadel.. 9-15

WCU... 1-0

PS... and all of the weak sisters.. except WCU who played only ONE game vs the A10... have a HIGHER WINNING PERCENTAGE vs the SoCon than they do the A10/CAA...

FACT... :D

BigApp
April 21st, 2007, 07:54 PM
take out the teams that WON your conference that year, and what are the numbers?

SoCon48
April 21st, 2007, 09:49 PM
I agree. I think most will remember a guy by the name of Brandon Jacobs who finished his career at So. Illinois and is now looking to take the reigns from Tiki Barber as the #1 with the New York football Giants. What you may not know is he was originally from Auburn where he was hidden behind Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams, who I hope everyone knows as well...

Filling the shoes of Tiki Barber will be a huge undertaking. One of the best ever in the NFL.

appfan2008
April 21st, 2007, 10:20 PM
Filling the shoes of Tiki Barber will be a huge undertaking. One of the best ever in the NFL.
I agree and I think it will be a long year for them... eli will have his hands full

SoCon48
April 22nd, 2007, 05:08 AM
Elon... 1-9

UTC... 2-5

Citadel.. 9-15

WCU... 1-0

FACT... :D

BOGUS ALERT!!!!!!

Ummm. Elon has only been a SoCon member now for about 4 seasons. Thus the 1-9 is bogus just like your posters always say GSU's 6 Nat Championships are irrelevant since all weren't earned while in the SoCon as well as former member Marshall no longer count.

Both sides of the street????

ChickenMan
April 22nd, 2007, 07:28 AM
BOGUS ALERT!!!!!!

Ummm. Elon has only been a SoCon member now for about 4 seasons. Thus the 1-9 is bogus just like your posters always say GSU's 6 Nat Championships are irrelevant since all weren't earned while in the SoCon as well as former member Marshall no longer count.

Both sides of the street????

OK.. here's the other side of the street.. Elon replaced long time SoCon member VMI... and VMI's record (since 1973) vs the A10/CAA is...

19-59... xoopsx

PaladinFan
April 22nd, 2007, 10:25 AM

I read that and thought, "Brandon Jacobs played at Auburn." Turns out we are both right. Had no idea he transferred.

I knew I wasn't crazy.

AppMan
April 23rd, 2007, 08:09 AM
As in the case with this kid, a lot of players get injured and someone else gets in front of them on the depth chart and does nothing to lose the job. I admire a kid who can walk away from all the special attention and the Big Time atmosphere that comes with being in a program like LSU in order to play. IMO the kid is a winner and is not content with just sitting on the bench.

BigApp
April 25th, 2007, 12:29 PM
from 4/21/2007take out the teams that WON your conference that year, and what are the numbers?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/oneminutemovies/clock.gif

ChickenMan
April 25th, 2007, 12:54 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/oneminutemovies/clock.gif

spin it any way you prefer... but the fact remains that..

all of the weak sisters.. except WCU who played only ONE game vs the A10... have a HIGHER WINNING PERCENTAGE vs the SoCon than they do the A10/CAA...

Citadel - .433 vs SoCon and .375 vs A10/CAA

UTC - .399 vs SoCon and .285 vs A10/CAA

Elon - .237 vs SoCon and .10 vs A10/CAA

WCU - 1-0 in their only game vs A10

Frosty The Snowbuff
April 25th, 2007, 01:10 PM

I was gonna say that.....xnodx

But I'm sure there are more to come from other schools....

I'll hold out until then....

And for the folks that are jumping him about dubbing APP "Transfer-U".......I"m pretty sure he was being sarcastic. I said the same about a couple of schools last year (I think they were Deleware and Montana...I don't remember) and people jumped down my throat.

Take it easy folks....nothing wrong with transfers.

Frosty The Snowbuff
April 25th, 2007, 01:22 PM
I forgot about my original intent to post:

The year Brandon Jacobs transferred to SIU....Didn't they go something like 10-2 and get upset in the 1st round of the playoffs???

BigApp
April 25th, 2007, 01:36 PM
spin it any way you prefer...

not spinning anything. I asked a straight forward question. A question to which you know the answer.

If you choose not to answer, that's fine with me, everyone reading this will have figured it out, and we can let it go.

Choice is your, my friend. :)

ChickenMan
April 25th, 2007, 01:57 PM
not spinning anything. I asked a straight forward question. A question to which you know the answer.

If you choose not to answer, that's fine with me, everyone reading this will have figured it out, and we can let it go.

Choice is your, my friend. :)

I certainly do not know the answer to that question.. but common sense would dictate that the vast 'majority' of games played vs the A10/Yankee by the bottom half of the SoCon.. since 1973.. were not vs the A10/Yankee champions.

but sometime when I really have a lot of time to waste... I'll get the figures... ;)

BigApp
April 25th, 2007, 03:10 PM
yes you do, I informed you last year...when our "Weak Sisters of the Poor", (the SoCon's WEAKEST 3 teams) play anyone other than the BEST team in your conference, the record is .500.

from this board 01/24/2007:

Our "Weak Sisters of the Poor" may be weak, but when matched up against your conferences' champion (yes, UD in 99/00/03), the outcomes were predictable, 0-3. Throw yourselves a party.

However, when matched up against ANY other team that didn't win the A-10 championship, our "Weak Sisters of the Poor" are a combined 3-3. Thats competitive in any book.

Conclusion:
Our bad teams are as competitive against the A-10/CAA as your bad teams, if not moreso.

APP91
April 25th, 2007, 07:02 PM
yes you do, I informed you last year...when our "Weak Sisters of the Poor", (the SoCon's WEAKEST 3 teams) play anyone other than the BEST team in your conference, the record is .500.

xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx
xasswhipx xasswhipx xasswhipx
xazzx xazzx

ChickenMan
April 26th, 2007, 08:16 AM

Wrong again..

here are the FACTS relative to the little four vs the A10 (since '73) according to..... http://www.diaafootball.com/?session=yUMisjJW31qGDFlDn27YRACi8i

Elon - 1-8.. not including their loss to A10 champ Hofstra

Citadel - 9-13.. not including two loses to A10 champ UD

WCU - 1-0

UTC - 2-0 (correction there.. I had UTC 2-5.. but they are actually 2-0)

overall mark.. 13-21.. as I said before if you consider that .500... they need to re-evaluate the math programs at ASU... :D xlolx :p

PS.. and those numbers don't include long-time SoCon member VMI who was a pathetic 19-59 vs the A10 schools

Mountaineer#96
April 26th, 2007, 08:31 AM
I thought this thread was about a DE from LSU coming to ASU.........

already123
May 26th, 2007, 03:32 AM
yea thats what i thought!?

we'll just see how he plays...he is over rated to me untill he proves it

Saint3333
May 26th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Look at what the Orlebar brothers did at ASU after they transferred from Wake Forest. This guy was a better prospect than those guys so I expect him to perform at least as well. The d-line could go from ASU's biggest question mark these year to the biggest strength in 2008.

Mr. C
May 26th, 2007, 11:07 AM
yea thats what i thought!?

we'll just see how he plays...he is over rated to me untill he proves it
You can call someone overrated if you like, but the facts are he was highly recruited by one of the top schools in the country (LSU) out of high school and has been slowed by injuries. From the respected people I have heard from, there is NO DOUBT about this kid's talent and his size gives ASU a combination of athleticism and size at DT (that's where the word is that he will land) that the Mountaineers have not had since All-American Ryan Watson played in the late 1990s and early 2000s. If Tim Washington stays healthy, he will be a big edition for the ASU defense.

Saint3333
May 26th, 2007, 11:46 AM
ASU's likely front four starters:

DE Tony Robertson 6'2" 210 lbs. Soph.
DT Anthony Williams 6'1" 272 Soph.
DT Tim Washington 6'3" 265 Jr.
DE Gary Tharrington 6'1" 255 R-Soph.

Had 3 other d-linemen carried over from last year and brought in 7 freshman. Seems like 14 d-lineman on a roster is a lot.

Mr. C, after looking at these guys I think the coaching staff is sandbagging on their weight.

Do you have a handle on which recruits could see playing time this year?

AppGuy04
May 26th, 2007, 12:31 PM

Is that a typo?

gophoenix
May 26th, 2007, 12:51 PM
ChickenMan,
At least present something right.

Elon is 1-5 Against the A-10 since being in the SoCon.

Elon lost 1 to Towson while they were in the Patriot - Doesn't count
Elon did lost 1 to JMU prior to being in I-AA. Lost another to JMU before being in the SoCon and lost two to Hofstra while neither of us were in a conference.

BrevardMountaineer03
May 26th, 2007, 02:45 PM
ASU's likely front four starters:

DT Anthony Williams 6'1" 272 Soph.
DT Tim Washington 6'3" 265 Jr.
DE Gary Tharrington 6'1" 255 R-Soph.

Had 3 other d-linemen carried over from last year and brought in 7 freshman. Seems like 14 d-lineman on a roster is a lot.

Mr. C, after looking at these guys I think the coaching staff is sandbagging on their weight.

Do you have a handle on which recruits could see playing time this year?

Sounds like the coaching staff has a handle on the situation!xthumbsupx

BrevardMountaineer03
May 26th, 2007, 02:45 PM
DL situation that is...