PDA

View Full Version : Villanova @ Colgate 8/24 Time TBD

Gangtackle11
March 13th, 2019, 03:48 PM
Might as well get this going.

Colgate website is saying this game will be nationally televised.

Nova coming off back-to-back 5-6 seasons while Colgate posted an impressive 10-2 record knocking off CAA teams UNH & JMU along their way.

Nova returns 11 starters while Colgate returns 8.

Have at it. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
March 13th, 2019, 04:46 PM
nice match up, Colgate get's any of that Defense back they will be tough to beat at home even for Broad street Bullies from Nova

Gangtackle11
March 13th, 2019, 06:31 PM
nice match up, Colgate get's any of that Defense back they will be tough to beat at home even for Broad street Bullies from Nova

Bullies to some Carrib. Lost 71-0 to UNH (34-0) & JMU (37-0) last season. Can’t see how Colgate sees us as threat early next season. xpeacex

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 14th, 2019, 07:33 AM
Holy crap is Colgate trying to make a statement by playing 3 CAA teams the first 4 games of the year??? Hosting Nova 8/24, at W&M on 9/14 and hosting Maine on 9/21 and playing at Air Force on 8/31. That is a tough start for sure.

TheValleyRaider
March 14th, 2019, 08:25 AM
Holy crap is Colgate trying to make a statement by playing 3 CAA teams the first 4 games of the year??? Hosting Nova 8/24, at W&M on 9/14 and hosting Maine on 9/21 and playing at Air Force on 8/31. That is a tough start for sure.

With 2 of them at home xeekx

We played three last year (counting JMU in the playoffs, that is), and it went pretty well :D

Raiders will be rebuilding a bit, as the first post mentions, but it should be a fun start to the season. Suspecting it's ESPN that comes back for the Week 0 festivities.

caribbeanhen
March 14th, 2019, 09:13 AM
Bullies to some Carrib. Lost 71-0 to UNH (34-0) & JMU (37-0) last season. Can’t see how Colgate sees us as threat early next season. xpeacex

after how the Hens handled UNH i never would of never guessed they would beat Nova like that, Rocco needs to figure this out

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 14th, 2019, 10:07 AM

We played three last year (counting JMU in the playoffs, that is), and it went pretty well :D

Raiders will be rebuilding a bit, as the first post mentions, but it should be a fun start to the season. Suspecting it's ESPN that comes back for the Week 0 festivities.

Here is the article from your website talking about the schedule for 2019 and mentions the Week 0 and that any games this weekend HAVE to be nationally televised and it must be out of conference there are 4 games that weekend.
https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/2019/3/11/raiders-release-2019-football-schedule.aspx?path=football

Gangtackle11
March 14th, 2019, 11:54 AM
after how the Hens handled UNH i never would of never guessed they would beat Nova like that, Rocco needs to figure this out

Good luck. xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
March 14th, 2019, 01:32 PM

I believe Colgate's top defensive player (admittedly not looking up stats), TJ Holl, transferred to Louisville. So they'll be down at least one key starter on that side of the ball.

RootinFerDukes
March 14th, 2019, 01:34 PM

Yeah. Unlike this year, they would've certainly earned their seed with that SOS. xcoffeex

RootinFerDukes
March 14th, 2019, 01:36 PM
Here is the article from your website talking about the schedule for 2019 and mentions the Week 0 and that any games this weekend HAVE to be nationally televised and it must be out of conference there are 4 games that weekend.
https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/2019/3/11/raiders-release-2019-football-schedule.aspx?path=football

I'm pretty sure ESPN3 has carried some of the Week 0 games in the past. The term nationally televised is becoming loosely defined.

TheValleyRaider
March 14th, 2019, 02:16 PM
I believe Colgate's top defensive player (admittedly not looking up stats), TJ Holl, transferred to Louisville. So they'll be down at least one key starter on that side of the ball.

Only 3 defensive starters back: Wheeler on the line, LB Ioanilli, and DB Daramy-Swaray. Holl was a grad transfer, and gone anyway

Yeah. Unlike this year, they would've certainly earned their seed with that SOS. xcoffeex
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a9/fc/4b/a9fc4b5f955ada95939d50541a17cc0f.jpg

KPSUL
March 14th, 2019, 04:03 PM
Villanova with the win in a minor upset. If Colgate makes the playoffs this season it will be in the Patriot League old fashion way - as the unseeded PL champ.

Gangtackle11
March 14th, 2019, 04:54 PM

What about the Cats? We start with 3 PL foes (@Colgate, Lehigh, @Bucknell). We could win the PL outright with a sweep!! Smh.....xpeacex

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 14th, 2019, 04:59 PM
Colgate took some huge hits. Not only do they lose a ton on defense, a lot of their key skill guys are gone. I believe their all their experienced WR's have either graduated or left the program. The OL and QB position will be a strength but outside of that I have no idea who's going to lead the way on "O". Holland was such a steady producer at RB. Matthews and Twyman could be a solid combo but that's definitely TBD. Their offensive coordinator also bolted for Elon. Like it seems everyone does...

You never know how OOC schedules play out. Colgate's OOC schedule looked strong last year before the season started. Then UNH had their worst season in well over a decade, the Furman game gets cancelled and W&M bumbles along in Laycock's last year.

MR. CHICKEN
March 14th, 2019, 05:30 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30260&stc=1...........UMM HUMM........STARTIN' OUT.....0-4........IS LOTTAH GIGGLES.................BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
March 15th, 2019, 03:41 AM
It’s doubtful that Nova will be as “talented” as the past 2 disappointing 5-6 teams under Ferrante. Mainly because we have a huge question mark at QB. Most likely to grab that spot will be a RS frosh who has great bloodlines (dad Qadry “The Missile” Ishmail & Mom was Syracuse HOF hoopster). He’s all of 6’7” and was the starter when we beat Richmond. He’s raw & somewhat of a project. He comes fast under new OC Chris Boden then Nova has a chance of surprising. He doesn’t arrive next season then it’s going to be tough for Nova even vs. the PL teams on the schedule (sans Bucknell).

Also lose TE Ryan Bell (best Target) & tough runner Aaron Forbes. Nova does have some young backs that look promising & can ease the pain of Forbes graduation. Offense could be a hot mess or surprise to the upside. Time will tell. Defensively should be good, but probably not great. Ranked 16th in country last season & Id expect that unit to be ok with 7 starters returning although too many times last season they were on the field for too long and were gassed.

Our kicking game more than likely will be below average with exception of the punting game which will be above average.

Colgate will be a telling game for Nova. I would expect the Cats to be a TD underdog or more come late August.

RootinFerDukes
March 15th, 2019, 08:49 AM
What about the Cats? We start with 3 PL foes (@Colgate, Lehigh, @Bucknell). We could win the PL outright with a sweep!! Smh.....xpeacex

With that daunting schedule, your seed should be locked up as long as you finish top 4 in the CAA.

Gangtackle11
March 15th, 2019, 09:13 AM
With that daunting schedule, your seed should be locked up as long as you finish top 4 in the CAA.

Easier said than done since we only play the rented mule (Delaware) once this season. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
March 15th, 2019, 12:45 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30266&stc=1.......WAS DIS SKED...UH RESULT...O'.....COLLEGE SKANDAL.......ROCKIN' HOLLYWOOD....xconfusedx.......DAT'S MO' COOKIES.......DAN COOKIE MONSTER COOD DEVOUR.....xshakefistx.....BRAWK!

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 15th, 2019, 12:52 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30266&stc=1.......WAS DIS SKED...UH RESULT...O'.....COLLEGE SKANDAL.......ROCKIN' HOLLYWOOD....xconfusedx.......DAT'S MO' COOKIES.......DAN COOKIE MONSTER COOD DEVOUR.....xshakefistx.....BRAWK!

We'll see what turning the page from Coen's unfortunate situation to a new staff does for Lehigh. They have traditionally given 'Nova fits but almost always failed to seal the deal. I'll be disappointed if this year's game is not close.

'Nova has flat-out owned the PL. It makes their relationship with UD look mutual. I think HC in '87 and Lehigh in '06 are their only PL losses.

KPSUL
March 15th, 2019, 02:40 PM
It’s doubtful that Nova will be as “talented” as the past 2 disappointing 5-6 teams under Ferrante. Mainly because we have a huge question mark at QB.

I think you had a question mark with Bednarczyk at QB since Robertson went down mid-season 2015. The two Villanova games I've seen start to finish in that era were the lackluster loss in a must win game vs JMU in 2015 and the failure to show up at home vs UNH last season. So my opinion could be a bit skewed.
I look at Carbone from Stony Brook the same way. Guys that are just good enough to keep starting, but not good enough to win many of the big games even with a great deal of talent on the field with them.

Go Green
March 19th, 2019, 04:15 PM

Is there a reason why you stopped there?

It's not like game #5 is a breather for Colgate...

DFW HOYA
March 19th, 2019, 04:36 PM
With the ongoing troubles in the PL, the schedule is front loaded.

Gangtackle11
March 20th, 2019, 06:35 AM
I think you had a question mark with Bednarczyk at QB since Robertson went down mid-season 2015. The two Villanova games I've seen start to finish in that era were the lackluster loss in a must win game vs JMU in 2015 and the failure to show up at home vs UNH last season. So my opinion could be a bit skewed.
I look at Carbone from Stony Brook the same way. Guys that are just good enough to keep starting, but not good enough to win many of the big games even with a great deal of talent on the field with them.

ZB was a solid QB when healthy. The 2015 JMU was a 20-10 loss in which he didn’t play well, but he did have a 50+ TD run in that game. He with the rest of his teammates were MIA vs. UNH. The word on the street he was still hurt. He was very accurate most games, could scramble, & wound up in the top 5 in the conference in most statistics & was top 10 all-time Nova statistically. He wasn’t a star, but he was pretty good when healthy. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
March 20th, 2019, 06:55 AM
]ZB was a solid QB when healthy[/B]. The 2015 JMU was a 20-10 loss in which he didn’t play well, but he did have a 50+ TD run in that game. He with the rest of his teammates were MIA vs. UNH. The word on the street he was still hurt. He was very accurate most games, could scramble, & wound up in the top 5 in the conference in most statistics & was top 10 all-time Nova statistically. He wasn’t a star, but he was pretty good when healthy. xpeacex

.....HE WAS BRITTLE...AS BALSA WOOD......ALWAYS SEEMED TA RECOVER....IN TIME FO' YOU-DEE.........AN'....YER KICKERS....UNDERMINED.......HIS CAREER.......BRAWK!

Franks Tanks
March 20th, 2019, 10:37 AM
Is there a reason why you stopped there?

It's not like game #5 is a breather for Colgate...

Lots of brutal schedules in the Patriot League in 2019. Holy Cross has Syracuse, UNH and Navy. Bucknell has Temple and Nova. Lafayette has 2 CAA schools and Princeton.

Nearly all of us have multiple CAA games, FBS games and really good Ivy opponents. The leagues OOC record will be bad.

Gate83
March 20th, 2019, 07:28 PM
Lots of brutal schedules in the Patriot League in 2019. Holy Cross has Syracuse, UNH and Navy. Bucknell has Temple and Nova. Lafayette has 2 CAA schools and Princeton.

Nearly all of us have multiple CAA games, FBS games and really good Ivy opponents. The leagues OOC record will be bad.

This is what we signed up for when we went schollie, other than the "bad" part. Schedules aren't brutal (other than HC, what were they thinking scheduling both Navy & Cuse), we should just compete with the Ivies & CAA and stop whining about it.