PDA

View Full Version : UCA Bears Scrimmage- 4/15

Bear Fan 101
April 16th, 2007, 11:25 AM
http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=1&article=1876

BEARS CONDUCT 80-PLAY SCRIMMAGE
FOOTBALL • Apr 15, 2007

Junior Marquez Branson catches a touchdown at Sunday's Scrimmage.
CONWAY, Ark- After a handful of minor injuries and the onset of fatigue, University of Central Arkansas head football coach Clint Conque cut Sunday's scrimmage a little short – having seen enough, and enough growth, to call it a day early....

Demon Fan
April 16th, 2007, 08:07 PM
The article that you supplied about the Bears' scrimmage called it a "youthful" team. I checked out the team roster at its website. I couldn't find even one senior! xeekx

Am I blind, or is that right? Plenty of juniors and sophomores, but no seniors is pretty amazing. Going
8-3 might be hard to repeat this year.

GaSouthern
April 16th, 2007, 08:15 PM
I hope we get a payback game.

JoshUCA
April 16th, 2007, 09:33 PM
The article that you supplied about the Bears' scrimmage called it a "youthful" team. I checked out the team roster at its website. I couldn't find even one senior! xeekx

Am I blind, or is that right? Plenty of juniors and sophomores, but no seniors is pretty amazing. Going
8-3 might be hard to repeat this year.

Our SID is just slow on updating the roster...they have taken off the seniors who left this year, but didn't move anyone else up...so it is basically saying what their classification is as of THIS semester.

JoshUCA
April 16th, 2007, 09:33 PM
I hope we get a payback game.
Me too!

GeauxLions94
April 16th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Our SID is just slow on updating the roster...they have taken off the seniors who left this year, but didn't move anyone else up...so it is basically saying what their classification is as of THIS semester.

xflaggedx for ripping on the SID. Probably the most worked, least paid and underappreciated person in college athletics. Anything on Brent Grimes (from Baton Rouge)? I remember watching him play a couple of times in high school. He was pretty good then.

McNeese75
April 16th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Fatigue factor in an 80 play scrimmage???

How is the team's conditioning xconfusedx

Lionsrking
April 17th, 2007, 02:25 AM

Fatigue during spring drills isn't a surprise to me given the smaller roster size without the seniors.

JoshUCA
April 17th, 2007, 07:52 AM
xflaggedx for ripping on the SID. Probably the most worked, least paid and underappreciated person in college athletics.

Sorry I wasn't calling out the Director himself, but rather the Sports Information DEPARTMENT as a whole...

BEAR
April 17th, 2007, 08:08 AM

Drills are usually double speed as compared to game speed. At least they look that way. I think the practice was ended early because of the early injuries to key defensive players made their backups play more time than what would be considered game time. Fatigue = injuries. They already racked up a few of those on defense so they didn't want anymore because of fatigue. I think those endless 100+ degree days will work any game fatigue out of that group of (75%) sophomores or freshman who might be getting a little tired...ha!xlolx The youth..geez..I didn't know we were that young...gonna be an interesting year..xwhistlex

Bear Fan 101
April 17th, 2007, 09:04 AM
It'll be interesting to see how the Purple and Gray game goes Friday night with so much youth, but I'm excited to go watch it!

Bear Fan 101
April 17th, 2007, 09:08 AM
http://www.thecabin.net/stories/041707/spo_0417070021.shtml

Putting young players under fire key for UCA

University of Central Arkansas football coach Clint Conque has a simple formula for development of one of his youngest teams in recent years.

Play ball.

That's why this spring has featured an assortment of competitive situations, mini-scrimmages and two major scrimmages.

McNeese75
April 17th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Fatigue during spring drills isn't a surprise to me given the smaller roster size without the seniors.

Smaller roster for Spring makes sense due to the Sr's lost. I was not considering that :)

TexasTerror
April 19th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Spring-ending scrimmage coming up...

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=1&article=1886

BEARS SET FOR SPRING-ENDING SCRIMMAGE
FOOTBALL • Apr 19, 2007

CONWAY, Ark- With the semester drawing to a close and final exams on the horizon, the University of Central Arkansas football Bears must first focus their attention on their final on-field test of the spring as they prepare for Friday night's Purple-White game. The scrimmage, which will begin at 6:30 p.m. in Estes Stadium, will conclude what has been a tough spring for the youthful Bears...