PDA

View Full Version : Your team's dream schedule

bonarae
March 1st, 2019, 07:48 PM
Over on the FB group of FCS fans, there is a new discussion topic about formulating a utopian schedule for your team.

Here's mine I formulated for Harvard, which I posted as a reply to the said topic:

(Original to AGS) Rationale for the utopian schedule: Ivy League teams tend not to play tougher and also given the strict 10 consecutive game week restriction, they have difficulties scheduling teams west of the Alleghenies and south of the Potomac that are scholarship teams. This schedule I formulated respects the Presidents' restrictions but allows more leeway of scheduling tougher competition given the latter teams' longer conference game stretches.

Game 1 (week 3 or 4) - @ NDSU or @ Montana ('nuff said, I have respect for you all but the Ivies are ducking you)
Game 2 - Brown
Game 3 - @ Wofford (ditto in Game 1)
Game 4 - Cornell
Game 5 - @ Kennesaw State (one of the most successful FCS teams ever that have done much in their first 5 years in a football program)
Game 6 - Princeton
Game 7 - Dartmouth
Game 8 - Columbia
Game 9 - Penn
Game 10 - Yale (must not be moved, it's The Game for a reason)

What's your team's dream schedule? You can also include money games against FBS or FCS-FCS or FBS-FCS rivalries that haven't been played for quite some time. But of course, don't include teams who have dropped their football programs. xrulesx

DFW HOYA
March 1st, 2019, 08:43 PM
Ok, I'll play.

Week 1: at Navy
Week 2: at Boston College
Week 3: Villanova (Audi Field)
Week 4: at Yale
Week 5: Pennsylvania (Homecoming)
Week 6: Lafayette
Week 7: Open
Week 8: Lehigh
Week 9: at Colgate
Week 10: Bucknell
Week 11: Holy Cross
Week 12: at Fordham

PAllen
March 1st, 2019, 08:47 PM
Georgetown
Delaware
@Navy
@ Princeton
Penn
@ Fordham
@Rutgers
@Holy Cross
Bucknell
@Colgate
Lafayette

Assuming a full PL slate. I must admit though, if I'm truly dreaming, Fordham and Georgetown make way for Yale and Harvard

WeAreThePride
March 1st, 2019, 09:18 PM
Just play UND 11 times a year. I'd love to go 11-0 all the time.

POD Knows
March 2nd, 2019, 08:08 AM
Just play UND 11 times a year. I'd love to go 11-0 all the time.That would hurt us going into the playoffs because our starters wouldn't have enough reps.

JALMOND
March 2nd, 2019, 01:10 PM
My dream schedule for Portland State

Week 1---Oregon (at Providence Park)
Week 2---Oregon State (at Providence Park)
Week 3---at Northern Iowa (return the favor of playing the playoff game at Providence Park)
Week 4---at NDSU (just for the thrill of playing in a loud, indoor stadium)
Week 5---Montana (at Providence Park)
Week 6---Montana State (at Providence Park)
Week 7---UC Davis (at Providence Park)
Week 8---Idaho State (at Providence Park)
Week 9---Idaho (at Providence Park)
Week 10--at Sacramento State
Week 11--at Cal Poly
Week 12--EWU (at Providence Park)

Ducks and Beavers in Portland for big money payouts. Bobcats and Grizzlies in Portland for the same reason. No conference road games until November when we make trips to California to avoid the rain.
Added Bonus: Play all games at our home stadium downtown (and the Timbers can play in Hillsboro).

I can dream, right?

JacksFan40
March 2nd, 2019, 01:17 PM
Anything other than a crappy Pioneer or NEC team.
Playing Ivy teams like Princeton would be fun as well.

Sader87
March 2nd, 2019, 01:52 PM
In all honesty, we play pretty close to it next year (for me anyway):

Navy
UNH
Yale
Syracuse
Bucknell
Brown
Harvard
Colgate
Lehigh
Lafayette
Fordham
Georgetown

Replace Syracuse with BC and it would probably be perfect. Maybe Dartmouth instead of Brown too.

Holy Cross actually "schedules well"...usually a great mix of Ivy, CAA and FBS games...we just have to improve our actual performance on the field.

aceinthehole
March 2nd, 2019, 03:20 PM
In an ideal world, CCSU wouldn't play in the NEC:

at UConn
vs Southern Connecticut
at Yale
Towson*
Delaware*
Monmouth*
New Hampshire*
Maine*
Albany*
Stony Brook*
Rhode Island*

*Conference games

Iridebikes
March 2nd, 2019, 03:26 PM
For me, EWU in 2020/21 gets about as close as we can to a perfect schedule. Money game down at Florida. TwoFBS non-conference games against W. Illinois and N. Arizona. Our conference schedule has Idaho, Montana, Montana St. Weber , UC Davis on. All home games except for Davis. Its a potentially really tough schedule but we''ll be seeing some good football in Cheney that year.

UpstateBison
March 2nd, 2019, 03:32 PM
Three games at Wofford, Furman and Citadel. The MVFC away games are long drives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cocky
March 2nd, 2019, 04:28 PM
Trying to be somewhat realistic and not put all the service academies and big name schools. We also would make it to the final.

Any Ivy
Any Service Academy
UTC
Montana
GSU
Furman
Troy
UAB
Middle TN
GaSo
UWG
Samford
TUNA
Kennesaw
JMU
McNeese
NDSU

katss07
March 2nd, 2019, 05:27 PM
I just want a year where the Kats don’t play HBU. An HBU win is basically a D3 win. They should just join the Pioneer.

Go Green
March 3rd, 2019, 11:14 AM
. Maybe Dartmouth instead of Brown too.

Depends if you want a win or not.

POD Knows
March 3rd, 2019, 11:18 AM
I would like to get a H and H with a decent SoCon team just for the trip. Another H and H with Montana wouldn't break my heart either. Would love to play one of the top Ivy teams, H and H.

Go Green
March 3rd, 2019, 12:28 PM
For Dartmouth it would be something like:

Holy Cross
UNH
Penn
Army
Yale
Columbia
Harvard
Cornell
Brown
Princeton
FCS Playoffs

I'm being realistic with my "dream" schedule. Sure, I'd prefer to get some sort of game against a bigger peer FBS name like Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Rice or Tulane. (Stanford and Notre Dame are probably too tall an order).

TheValleyRaider
March 3rd, 2019, 03:22 PM
Interesting exercise. I'd probably think about it in terms of "who" for OOC and "when" for League play (given I'm fairly content with Colgate being in the Patriot League).

OOC
-FBS: Some combination of historic rivals (Syracuse, Rutgers), service academies, and other academic programs (selfishly I'd love a game against Rice, seeing as I live in Houston)
-Cornell, preferably in early October (just feels right)
-A second Ivy (Dartmouth/Yale/Princeton/Brown probably preferred)
-At least one CAA (W&M, UD, UNH, Nova, Albany, SB probably preferred)
-One other CAA/SoCon/NEC opponent (keeping it relatively close to home; an SLC close to Houston if I can be selfish again)

Patriot League
Lafayette
Fordham
Georgetown
Lehigh (should be in November)
Bucknell
Holy Cross as final weekend "rivalry" game (HC or Bucknell, really, but better long-time rivalry here)

This past season, that might look like:
9/1-at Rice
9/8-Delaware
9/15-at Dartmouth
9/22-at Wofford
9/29-Lafayette
10/6-Cornell
10/13-at Fordham
10/20-Georgetown
10/28-Bye
11/3-at Lehigh
11/10-at Bucknell
11/17-Holy Cross

DFW HOYA
March 3rd, 2019, 04:17 PM
Colgate would have given Rice a good game last season. The Owls didn't have much in the way on an offense.

JSUSoutherner
March 3rd, 2019, 07:56 PM
MVSU 11 times in the regular season.

MVSU 4 more times in the postseason.

TheKingpin28
March 3rd, 2019, 08:55 PM
MVSU 11 times in the regular season.

MVSU 4 more times in the postseason.

And yet, JSU would find a way to **** the bed as the #3 seed. xlolx xdrunkyx

Catatonic
March 4th, 2019, 05:06 AM
In my dreams....The SLC would go from 9 to 8 conference games and we would use the extra game in our OOC schedule for Home-away match ups with Schools from other FCS conferences.

A regular Home-away series with in-state SWAC teams for starters, unless Prairie View could be persuaded to join the SLC.

During ACU’s transition from D2 we played Illinois State away. It would be nice to bring the Redbirds to Abilene.

We played Northern Arizona at home. A game in Flag would be great.

I’d love to see us play a game a year against a private from another conference such as Mercer, Furman, Elon Wofford, Charleston Southern, San Diego, or Georgetown.

We would limit money games to one per year, except perhaps in 12 game seasons. Two money games in an eleven game season hurts our chances of going to the playoffs.

clenz
March 4th, 2019, 08:54 AM
11 game season

8 conference games

vs Drake (I want them on a 2/1/1 rotation. So over 4 years twice in CF, once in DSM and one year off. Their off year replace them with Valpo, or another generic NEC, PFL, etc buy game?

Buy game vs a lower to mid end "power conference" team. Say UNC, Idaho State, EIU, etc.

@ Iowa State. Sure see season still playing and FBS? In state. Winnable power 5 game. Pays very well. In theory these games pay for the other home games, at a minimum

In a 12 game season a road game vs a decent opponent isn't a horrible idead, maybe as the front end of a h/h, or another cheaper buy game.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Gangtackle11
March 4th, 2019, 09:02 AM
@Temple (FBS Paycheck)
@Delaware
Delaware (Parents Weekend)
@Delaware
Delaware
@Delaware
Delaware (Homecoming)
@Delaware
Delaware
@Delaware
Delaware (Battle of Blue Game)

xlolx xpeacex

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 4th, 2019, 11:04 AM
For Lehigh I'd keep rather simple. 6 league games, 2 Ivies, 2 legit "regional/days drive" power conference teams, 1 NEC/PFL type game. Use this as a template then rotate in a FBS game and intersectional FCS game each year. For instance....

@ Duquesne
Richmond
@ UC Davis
Princeton
@ Harvard
Georgetown
@ Fordham
@ Bucknell
Holy Cross
@Colgate
Lafayette

Butler
@ Rutgers
@ Youngstown State
Towson
Penn
@Yale
@Georgetown
Bucknell
Fordham
@ Holy Cross
Colgate
@Lafayette

MR. CHICKEN
March 4th, 2019, 02:33 PM
@Temple (FBS Paycheck)
@Delaware
Delaware (Parents Weekend)
@Delaware
Delaware
@Delaware
Delaware (Homecoming)
@Delaware
Delaware
@Delaware
Delaware (Battle of Blue Game)

xlolx xpeacex

.....NOVA'S REAL SKED:

@ TEMPLE
POLISH JAYS LAMBRO
THE WRIGHT'S LANSCAPIN' NEEDS ATTENTION
CLEAN-OUT JAY'S GUTTERS
PICK-UP JAY'S SUITS @ CLEANERS
TAKE JAY TA AIRPORT (6'10" WHIFF MOVES LIKE JAGGER.......UNSIGNED IN PEORIA)
MRS. WRIGHT'S PEEKANESE (ROLLIE).......NEEDS GROOMIN'
INSTALL JAY'S SECURITY SYSTEM
JAY'S FOUR CAR GARAGE....IS UH MESS
DETAIL MRS. WRIGHT'S LEXUS
@ DELAWARE....HAND OVER...DUH TROPHY
POST SEASON:....1-10.....GANGTACKLE [email protected] MALL........GT-11 CATCHES SNIPPETS UH HENS [email protected] SHACK..........BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
March 4th, 2019, 02:42 PM
.....NOVA'S REAL SKED:

@ TEMPLE
POLISH JAYS LAMBRO
THE WRIGHT'S LANSCAPIN' NEEDS ATTENTION
CLEAN-OUT JAY'S GUTTERS
PICK-UP JAY'S SUITS @ CLEANERS
TAKE JAY TA AIRPORT (6'10" WHIFF MOVES LIKE JAGGER.......UNSIGNED IN PEORIA)
MRS. WRIGHT'S PEEKANESE (ROLLIE).......NEEDS GROOMIN'
INSTALL JAY'S SECURITY SYSTEM
JAY'S FOUR CAR GARAGE....IS UH MESS
DETAIL MRS. WRIGHT'S LEXUS
@ DELAWARE....HAND OVER...DUH TROPHY
POST SEASON:....1-10.....GANGTACKLE [email protected] MALL........GT-11 CATCHES SNIPPETS UH HENS [email protected] SHACK..........BRAWK!

LOL. au contraire Foghorn. Recent history has it 11-0.....Bring back Brock chants in the Tub start this year!! xpeacex

ST_Lawson
March 4th, 2019, 09:04 PM
11 game season

8 conference games

vs Drake (I want them on a 2/1/1 rotation. So over 4 years twice in CF, once in DSM and one year off. Their off year replace them with Valpo, or another generic NEC, PFL, etc buy game?

Buy game vs a lower to mid end "power conference" team. Say UNC, Idaho State, EIU, etc.

@ Iowa State. Sure see season still playing and FBS? In state. Winnable power 5 game. Pays very well. In theory these games pay for the other home games, at a minimum

In a 12 game season a road game vs a decent opponent isn't a horrible idead, maybe as the front end of a h/h, or another cheaper buy game.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Pretty similar to what I'd want: 3 OOC games
- one home against a midwestern Pioneer League team (Valpo, Butler, Drake, maybe Dayton)
- one at a fairly local FBS...ideally one we have a chance at actually beating every now and then (Illinois, Northwestern, Ball State, Northern Illinois, etc.) but I'm ok getting beat down by a big FBS every now and then (Iowa, Wisconsin, Mizzou, etc.)
- one that is either part of a H&H against a full-scholarship FCS team...EIU, SEMO, Murray State...or another home game against maybe a SWAC team.

We're not really in a position to be buying many home games at this point though...hence all the H&H's on our actual schedule.

bonarae
March 5th, 2019, 01:57 AM
Harvard's further utopian schedule (if the Presidents have a more relaxed stance towards football and from your inputs throughout the thread):

My assumptions:
- Long-gone OOCs are resumed (especially in-state)
- Maximum 12 games allowed with byes
- FCS playoffs participation allowed by the Ivy champion

Week 1 (true week 1) - @UMass
Week 2 - @BC
Week 3 - open
Week 4 - @NDSU
Week 5 - @Brown
Week 6 - Maine
Week 7 - Cornell
Week 8 - @Kennesaw State
Week 9 - Princeton
Week 10 - @Dartmouth
Week 11 - Penn
Week 12 - @Columbia
Week 13 (rivalry week for some games) - Yale

mmiller_34
March 5th, 2019, 07:32 AM
We’re dreaming right?

Week 1: vs South Dakota
Week 2: vs Wyoming
Week 3: BYE
Week 4: @ Oklahoma State
Week 5: vs Kansas
Week 6: vs Iowa State
Week 7: @ Texas
Week 8: @ Texas Tech
Week 9: vs Oklahoma
Week10: @ Kansas State
Week 11: vs TCU
Week 12: @ West Virginia
Week 13: vs North Dakota State
Week 14: Big 12 Championship game vs North Dakota State
Bowl Week:
— CFP Semifinals vs Ohio State
— CFP Champsionship Game vs Alabama

JSUSoutherner
March 5th, 2019, 09:32 AM
And yet, JSU would find a way to **** the bed as the #3 seed. xlolx xdrunkyx

Probably.

Bohcat
March 5th, 2019, 12:50 PM
For Montana State:

Week 1: @FBS (Any regionally close Pac-12 or MW team: Utah, Wazzu, CSU, WYO, USU etc)
Week 2: NDSU
Week 3: McNeese State
Week 4: @SDSU

*Non-conference any combination of three MVFC and Southland Teams. Two of the games home, one road

Week 5: Idaho
Week 6: @ Weber State
Week 7: EWU
Week 8: @ Portland State
Week 9: @ UC Davis
Week 10:Northern Arizona
Week 11:@Idaho State
Week 12: montana

PantherRob82
March 5th, 2019, 11:30 PM
Butler
Drake
Dayton
MVFC Schedule.

POD Knows
March 6th, 2019, 08:44 AM
For Montana State:

Week 1: @FBS (Any regionally close Pac-12 or MW team: Utah, Wazzu, CSU, WYO, USU etc)
Week 2: NDSU
Week 3: McNeese State
Week 4: @SDSU

*Non-conference any combination of three MVFC and Southland Teams. Two of the games home, one road

Week 5: Idaho
Week 6: @ Weber State
Week 7: EWU
Week 8: @ Portland State
Week 9: @ UC Davis
Week 10:Northern Arizona
Week 11:@Idaho State
Week 12: montanaWhy would you want to start the season 0-4

Bohcat
March 6th, 2019, 09:14 AM
Why would you want to start the season 0-4

The goal of the thread was to put out your dream schedule not a schedule to win the most games. I would rather take a couple bumps playing quality competition and other FCS teams that are challenging for playoff berths. Some years will that mean 0-4? Sure and it probably means we don't have that great of a team anyway that year. But if we want to be a relevant team and a playoff contender we go 2-2 or 3-1.

i just don't have any interest in D-2 games or games with Pioneer or NEC level teams.

fmftballmgr
March 6th, 2019, 09:49 AM
For Murray State there is not a lot of close regional teams that we don't already play on a regular basis that are FCS level. So I guess a annual game with SIU

Silenoz
March 6th, 2019, 12:14 PM
Wyoming
Delaware
Northern Iowa
McNeese State
Furman
Sam Houston State
South Dakota State
North Dakota State
Eastern Washington
Idaho
Montana State

ccd494
March 6th, 2019, 01:58 PM
Maine has played seven teams more than 50 times: Bates, Bowdoin, Colby, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island. The only two playing FCS football are New Hampshire and Rhode Island. That's two.

Teams Maine has played between 30 and 50 times: Boston University, Delaware, Northeastern, and Vermont. The only one still playing FCS football is Delaware. That's three.

20-30 times?: Richmond and Villanova. Five.

10+?: Albany, Harvard, Hofstra, James Madison, Towson, Tufts, and William & Mary. That's ten, if we want to count Harvard who hasn't deigned to play Maine since 1920.

And throw in Stony Brook since they are an all sports conference rival.

That 11 is good enough, also we will decline any playoff invitation.

Outsider1
March 8th, 2019, 08:33 AM
An undefeated one.....

Redbird 4th & short
March 8th, 2019, 08:44 AM
OOC - Top 50 FBS (preferrably a bus ride $$$), Top 25 FCS, Patsy FCS .. our problem with Top 25 FCS is we have our h&h rivalry game with EIU and they are no longer top 25 program. I liked this game better when EIU was tougher.

Conf - play EVERY team in MVFC once, but that ship has sailed

Bye week - love having 1 bye week, somewhere around weeks 4 to 8 .. but we always seem to get stuck around weeks 1 to3.

Biggest scheduling Pet Peeve .. I hate how ISUr senior day game almost always falls on the saturday before thanksgiving when students are gone for thanksgiving break .. this happens at least 80% of the time for ISUr ... it is a dis-service to the Seniors.

Redbird 4th & short
March 8th, 2019, 08:57 AM
Butler
Drake
Dayton
MVFC Schedule.

I'm pretty sure he just copied YSU's actual schedule ... no ??

xeyebrowx

Rjones61
March 8th, 2019, 09:54 AM
Basically the entire Southland conference. We get some revenge games and a cakewalk to playoffs.

ksu_owls
March 8th, 2019, 10:08 AM
This is fun

Game 1: JSU (FCS opener or whatever it's called)
Game 2: Samford
Game 3: Wofford
Game 4: An easy FBS school that we should beat but won't be penalized for losing to (GaState?, Kent State?)
Game 5: Furman
Game 6: ETSU
Game 7: Mercer (would love to see this match up with the sports history between the two schools)
Game 8: SHSU
Game 9: Montana State
Game 10: Maybe a tougher FBS school that we definitely should lose to but will get big money for playing
Game 11: Whoever is 2nd best in the "big" South

Outsider1
March 8th, 2019, 10:40 AM
Basically the entire Southland conference. We get some revenge games and a cakewalk to playoffs.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30231&stc=1

hoidOfYolen
March 11th, 2019, 03:45 PM
For Elon:

Wk1: UConn
Wk2: Maine
Wk3: Furman
Wk4: W&M
Wk5: New Hampshire
Wk6: Delaware
Wk7: Bye
Wk8: JMU (for a repeat upset)
Wk9: Richmond
Wk10: Rhode Island
Wk11: Albany
Wk12: NC A&T

PantherRob82
March 12th, 2019, 03:46 PM
I'm pretty sure he just copied YSU's actual schedule ... no ??

xeyebrowx

Replace Drake with Duquesne and it would be. xlolx

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
March 12th, 2019, 07:42 PM
For JMU, a reasonably realistic schedule and not a complete pipe dream:

Week 1: home vs Old Dominion University (It really sucks that in their short stint in FCS, we never beat them. I'd love to stomp their asses at home)
Week 2: away at Towson
Week 3: away at Appalachian State University (Former FCS rival of sorts, the most recent poster child for successful FCS to FBS transition)
Week 4: home vs Harvard (I have slight Ivy League envy but also I'd love to play a solid ooc game against a team we've never played instead of a Norfolk State)
Week 4: home vs New Hampshire
Week 5: away at Villanova
Week 6: away at William and Mary
Week 7: home (parents weekend) vs Maine
Week 8: vs Rhode Island
Week 9 home (homecoming) vs Richmond (various expletives about sweater-vests and arachnids)
Week 10: home vs Delaware
Week 11: at University of Virginia (they haven't played us since the early/mid 80's, before I was born, so I want a piece of them. Sidenote, I got my master's from UVa but this is a easy decision to root for JMU)
Week 12: at Albany

FCS playoffs:

First Round Bye
Second Round home vs Sam Houston State (it's almost too easy to hate SHSU)
Quarterfinals home vs Montana (still bitter about 2008)
Semifinals: home vs Richmond (I want to beat them as many times in a season as possible)
Finals vs: NDSU (may as well beat the best?)

Other acceptable ooc fcs games: most Ivy league teams, top tier MVFC teams, top tier Big Sky teams, Charleston Southern (I love the city of Charleston)
Other acceptable ooc fbs games: Any mid-Atlantic ACC team, Navy, Army, most AAC teams (especially East Carolina), Kentucky, Vanderbilt, WVU, Maryland, Rutgers, Georgia Southern.

GoBlueHens83
March 12th, 2019, 08:10 PM
I'm going to pretend that Delaware is an Independent again for this dream schedule.

Week 1: Lehigh
Week 2: McNeese State
Week:3: at Eastern Washington
Week 4: Sam Houston State
Week 5: at Towson
Week 6: at Northern Iowa
Week 7: UC Davis
Week 8: Jacksonville State
Week 9: at The Citadel
Week 10: James Madison
Week 11: at Montana
Week 12: Villanova

Seawolf97
March 26th, 2019, 02:05 PM
Ok for a 12 game season 1-Univ of Buffalo
2 The Citadel
3 VMI
4 Delaware
5 Villanova
6 U Albany
7 Yale
8 Holy Cross
9 Dartmouth
10 UNH
11 Towson
12 Grambling

achrist70
March 26th, 2019, 02:16 PM
Game 1: (Thursday) vs. Drake 7 p.m.
Game 2: @ Kansas
Game 3: Delaware 4 p.m.
Game 4: SFA 4 p.m.
Game 5: Illinois State 4 p.m.
Game 6: @ Missouri State
Bye Week
Game 7: NDSU 7 p.m.
Game 8: @ Indiana State
Game 9: @ South Dakota
Game 10: SDSU 4 p.m.
Game 11: @ Western Illinois
Game 12: SIU 4 p.m.

Key Points:

Thursday night home game to open on Labor Day weekend
Very winnable FBS game
7 Home Games
Open Conference Play at home
Bye week not in the first 3 weeks of the season
NDSU and SDSU at home
No home games before 4 p.m. and a couple of night games

We've had good battles with Delaware and SFA over the years that is why I chose them.

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 26th, 2019, 08:35 PM
I'm going to pretend that Delaware is an Independent again for this dream schedule.

Week 1: Lehigh
Week 2: McNeese State
Week:3: at Eastern Washington
Week 4: Sam Houston State
Week 5: at Towson
Week 6: at Northern Iowa
Week 7: UC Davis
Week 8: Jacksonville State
Week 9: at The Citadel
Week 10: James Madison
Week 11: at Montana
Week 12: Villanova

I like it! I'll go with an Independent slant and an 11 game schedule...

@ VMI - A great place to start the year off with a win
William & Mary - A better team from Virginia with plenty of academic prowess
@ Rutgers - A legit chance to beat an old rival who happens to be in the Big 10.
@ Youngstown State - Great recruiting area and a chance for a MVFC scalp
Fordham - A fun PL team from the Bronx
@ Montana State - Great cross country trip. Weather would still be nice in Bozeman.
Bucknell - Return back home to beat up on an old foe
Colgate - Lehigh's second biggest rival over the last 20 years
@ ETSU - "Tennessee, Tennessee, ain't no place I rather be". Beautiful area!
Delaware - A rivalry that should be renewed!
Lafayette - The annual slaughtering of the Leopards is a tradition unlike any other....

Herder
March 27th, 2019, 06:18 AM
Dream schedule? You want me to be honest.

Minnesota
Wisconsin
Iowa
Nebraska
Illinois
SDSU
Montana
Missouri
K State
Purdue

Mocs123
March 27th, 2019, 02:30 PM
For Chattanooga, I think we have a really good schedule in 2019 (maybe not the best timed for us, but I really like it)

Eastern Illinios (I would probably replace with Tennessee Tech - more Alumni in Chattanooga) - a "should win" FCS game
Jacksonville State - a top 10 team and probably Chattanooga's most hated rival
UTK - Money Game - I would love to not have to play a money game, but I think it is a necessity for most FCS teams.
James Madison - another top 10 team and we don't play CAA teams often

SoCon games
Western Carolina
Mercer
ETSU
Wofford
Furman
Samford
The Citadel
VMI

Sitting Bull
March 27th, 2019, 05:54 PM
Just one opinion:

VMI
@UVA
Princeton
@Duke
Delaware
@Villanova
JMU
@Navy
Tulane
Lafayette
Richmond

Billnonymous
April 1st, 2019, 09:24 PM
Home: NDSU, ODU, Marshall, Appy, WVU, ECU
Away: VT, Maryland, UVA, Navy, Richmond

hoidOfYolen
April 2nd, 2019, 11:09 AM
@NCA&T
Citadel
@Richmond
@Wake Forest
JMU
@UNH
Delaware
@Rhode Island
W&M
Maine
@Towson

Playoffs:
Furman/ETSU
Jacksonville State
Weber State
Eastern Washington
James Madison

:)

PaladinNation
April 3rd, 2019, 08:48 PM
For Furman a mix of old school and new school

Week 1 Richmond or W&M
Week 2 @GaTech or AppSt or Marsha or ECU
Week 3 @ Montana
Week 4 @ SCST
Week 5 VMI
Week 6 ETSU
Week 7 Wofford
Week 8 Samford
Week 9 UTC
Week 10 Mercer
Week 11 WCU
Week 12 Citadel

UAalum72
April 8th, 2019, 02:39 PM
For Albany, assuming we're still in the CAA, for OOC I'd like
1 - FBS, Army > Boston College > Navy > Maryland >Syracuse
2 - Central Connecticut, or LIU once they get up to speed
3. - One of the Ivies that we haven't played yet - that's H, P, P or D

Even if leagues disappeared, I'd still go for most of the closer CAA teams - Maine, UNH, Stony Brook, Delaware, Villanova - and add Colgate or Cornell, one of the lesser regional FBS like UConn, UMass or Buffalo, and then finally any of the Virginia CAA teams.

carney2
April 9th, 2019, 08:00 AM
For Lafayette a "dream schedule" would be 11 games against D-3 competition, given the current state of the athletic toilet in Easton. But, wait, that's not a dream. It's a preview because that's where this is headed.

van
April 16th, 2019, 12:12 PM
For Lafayette a "dream schedule" would be 11 games against D-3 competition, given the current state of the athletic toilet in Easton. But, wait, that's not a dream. It's a preview because that's where this is headed.

11 games against Lafayette, 11-0 and head to the playoffs

PAllen
April 16th, 2019, 12:49 PM
11 games against Lafayette, 11-0 and head to the playoffs

That would fit my definition of an ideal regular season: beat Lafayette, go undefeated, Lafayette winless.

smilo
April 17th, 2019, 03:54 PM
By the time we move up to FBS, we will be having 13 game regular seasons :)

1. Boston College
2. @Connecticut
3. Non-Conference: New Hampshire
4. Non-Conference: @Rutgers
5. @Navy
6. Cross-Division: East Carolina
7. Syracuse
8. @Massachusetts
9. Cross-Division: South Florida
10. Cross-Division: @Old Dominion
11. Army
12. Temple (neutral-site)
13. Delaware (neutral-site)

D-town
April 17th, 2019, 09:01 PM
1. SDSU at Wisconsin
2. SDSU at Iowa
3. SDSU at Oregon
4. SDSU at Virginia Tech (night Game)
5. SDSU at Ole Miss (Homecoming)
6. SDSU at Florida
7. SDSU at LSU (Night Game)
8. SDSU at Army
9. SDSU at Clemson
10. SDSU at Washington
11. SDSU at Georgia
12. SDSU at Air Force
13. SDSU at Texas A&M
Go 13 and 0 get invited to the FBS
Beat Texas in the Rose bowl (Semi final)
Beat Miami in the Orange Bowl (Win National Championship)
Refuse to play NDSU after they win the FCS National Championship
Get invited to play in the NFL playoffs
First Round beat Steelers in Pittsburg
Beat Chiefs in Arrowhead second round
Beat Raiders in Oakland
Beat Minnesota to win the Super bowl in At&T Stadium)
Still refuse to play NDSU.
If you are going to Dream, Dream Big.

Son of Eli
April 18th, 2019, 06:07 AM
My utopian Yale schedule would be an 11 game schedule consisting of:

Holy Cross
UCONN
Cornell
Army
Dartmouth
Colgate
Pennsylvania
Columbia
Brown
Princeton
Harvard

TheKingpin28
April 18th, 2019, 09:23 AM
1. SDSU at Wisconsin
2. SDSU at Iowa
3. SDSU at Oregon
4. SDSU at Virginia Tech (night Game)
5. SDSU at Ole Miss (Homecoming)
6. SDSU at Florida
7. SDSU at LSU (Night Game)
8. SDSU at Army
9. SDSU at Clemson
10. SDSU at Washington
11. SDSU at Georgia
12. SDSU at Air Force
13. SDSU at Texas A&M
Go 13 and 0 get invited to the FBS
Beat Texas in the Rose bowl (Semi final)
Beat Miami in the Orange Bowl (Win National Championship)
Refuse to play NDSU after they win the FCS National Championship
Get invited to play in the NFL playoffs
First Round beat Steelers in Pittsburg
Beat Chiefs in Arrowhead second round
Beat Raiders in Oakland
Beat Minnesota to win the Super bowl in At&T Stadium)
Still refuse to play NDSU.
If you are going to Dream, Dream Big.

... and then get busted for Jooseing. xcoffeex