PDA

View Full Version : A10 Guys ont he Patriots

RatboyNU
August 1st, 2005, 05:35 PM
Just got back from the Patriots camp so far fromt he A10 alone are Raymond "Bubba" Ventrone from Villanova, Ricky Bryant from Hofstra and newly added Rich Musinski. I have photos i just have to post them online Ventrone might make the squad on special teams if not as a safety, Musinski looked really good in drills and practice and i dont know if ricky bryant is hurt but he wasnt ont he field practicing he is on the roster.

charliej
August 1st, 2005, 06:45 PM
Just heard that Nova RB Terry Butler signed a free agency contract with the NY Jets on Sat 7/30.

Can you verify this?

edit: Sorry,didn't look at the name and I just assumed that Swami posted this when I read it.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
August 2nd, 2005, 05:50 PM
I think Musinski on the Pats could have "right place at the right time" written all over it. We always discuss how important it is for many I-AAers to be selected/signed by the correct team. JMHO, but the Patriots don't get hung up about size and speed which could really be a positive for Rich. For the past few years, experts list as a Patriot's negative the lack of a big receiver and a breakaway threat. Yet, they've won without either! Good routes, good hands and timing with Brady have been the key. From what I recall about Rich, this sounds like a good match for him! What do the Tribe folks think?

DTSpider
August 2nd, 2005, 09:16 PM
One of the Pats' scouts is Sean Gustus, former University of Richmond quarterback. I believe that this may be one of the key reasons for the A10 connection.

Tribe4SF
August 2nd, 2005, 11:50 PM
I think Musinski on the Pats could have "right place at the right time" written all over it. We always discuss how important it is for many I-AAers to be selected/signed by the correct team. JMHO, but the Patriots don't get hung up about size and speed which could really be a positive for Rich. For the past few years, experts list as a Patriot's negative the lack of a big receiver and a breakaway threat. Yet, they've won without either! Good routes, good hands and timing with Brady have been the key. From what I recall about Rich, this sounds like a good match for him! What do the Tribe folks think?

I agree. Rich came close with the Titans last year and I like his chances more with the Pats.

By the way, Brady made a big impression at W&M's summer camp, where he was a guest instructor. Word is he went out of his way to be accommadating and seemed genuinely happy to be with the kids.

GannonFan
August 3rd, 2005, 08:48 AM
Anyway you cut it Musinski is a long shot at best - the Pats are actually fairly deep at the WR spot, with 5 guys clearly ahead of anyone else (Branch, Brown, Bryant, Tim Dwight, and Givens). Rich will have to show something on special teams (coverage and blocking, not returning) to have a shot, and that doesn't bode well for a smallish (but talented) WR - great IAA product, just not really suited well for the NFL.

Fordham
August 3rd, 2005, 10:08 AM
this thread title was totally misleading.

;)

minorfalcon
August 3rd, 2005, 01:27 PM
That was quick(from kffl.com):

Patriots | Musinkski Released
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 11:15:13 -0700

The New England Patriots have released WR Richard Musinski.

MR. CHICKEN
August 7th, 2005, 08:52 PM
HARD TA BELIEVE.....DIS GUY IS WAYNE CHREBET +.....:(.....BRAWK!