PDA

View Full Version : Costs of Going I-A.....take a look

putter
August 1st, 2005, 12:52 PM
Think it is cheap moving up to I-A. Take a look at this link and you decide. And Ohio State's revenue overall is unreal!!! :eek:

http://www.collegesportsinfo.com/stats/CollegeSportsInfo_D1A_Expenses_Revenue.xls

LetsGoNova
August 1st, 2005, 01:10 PM
There are plenty of schools in there in the $5-$6M range for football, which isn't a huge leap for most I-AA schools who are spending $2.5-$3M now. The constraint for most teams is the capital expenditures required (stadium, training facilities, etc) and the Title IX matching requirements.

putter
August 1st, 2005, 03:09 PM
What was amazing to me was the money brought in by the BCS schools. Over $100 million for Ohio St, $80 million by Florida, $60 million by Michigan, $55 million by Notre Dame. Thanks, but I will keep the chance to play for the National Championship every year! Can't compete with those deep pockets.

wlj989s
August 1st, 2005, 05:40 PM
I'm amazed that Tulsa's expences were only 1,643,500!! That's impressive!

NEZ
August 1st, 2005, 06:02 PM
The SEC was the only conference to have all its members in the green.
I'll keep our system and our budget.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 1st, 2005, 06:42 PM
What was amazing to me was the money brought in by the BCS schools. Over $100 million for Ohio St, $80 million by Florida, $60 million by Michigan, $55 million by Notre Dame. Thanks, but I will keep the chance to play for the National Championship every year! Can't compete with those deep pockets.

This is why universities want bowls rather than playoffs. Dem dere is 4 bowl teams you're talking about there. Match them up with the bowls and their payouts.