PDA

View Full Version : Pete's Big South and Gateway Schedule Ratings

Pete's Weekly
August 1st, 2005, 12:21 PM
We have added the GFC and Big South Schedule Ratings this past weekend.

Pete's Schedule Rankings (http://petespoll.com/petes2005schedule.shtml)

TexasTerror
August 1st, 2005, 01:26 PM
Anyone yet find out what this guy's smoking?

Heck, I don't even agree with Ron Randleman as Coach of the Year last year. Lifetime Achievement is fine, but this guy has the Kats ranked #18 in the power poll and only one other SLC team in the top 20, yet the SLC was the #2 ranked conference. Does he even know who he's giving love to?

GannonFan
August 1st, 2005, 01:58 PM
I still have to wonder how this all gets calculated - I know JMU is a little soft OOC with Lock Haven, Del St, and Coastal, but according to Petey here VMI has a tougher schedule. Heck, one of the reasons JMU's schedule is soft is because they include VMI's conference mate, Coastal Carolina. Maine is in the same boat, supposedly a weaker schedule than VMI. Besides Nebraska, Maine also plays about 5 other top 25 teams at least in IAA. I just can't take these numbers seriously with these kind of oddities.

blukeys
August 1st, 2005, 09:26 PM
I still have to wonder how this all gets calculated - I know JMU is a little soft OOC with Lock Haven, Del St, and Coastal, but according to Petey here VMI has a tougher schedule. Heck, one of the reasons JMU's schedule is soft is because they include VMI's conference mate, Coastal Carolina. Maine is in the same boat, supposedly a weaker schedule than VMI. Besides Nebraska, Maine also plays about 5 other top 25 teams at least in IAA. I just can't take these numbers seriously with these kind of oddities.

I saw it and agreed. Does this guy really believe that the Gateway is all that?

He has very little credibility now. What is going to happen when his system loses out in the playoffs. (as it has for the last 2 years). Reading his message board he has the same group of MidWest Purple coolaid drinkers who know nothing about I-AA. Can this guy get out of Youngstown for a few weekends and learn something?