PDA

View Full Version : Youngstown State's Future FBS Opponents/Media Coverage

FlyYtown
April 12th, 2007, 09:17 PM
2007: @ Ohio State
2008: @ (vs.) Ohio State---This game may be played at Cleveland Browns Stadium; stay tuned.
2009: OPEN -- Looking for Major Opponents
2010: @ Penn State ---Announced today!

--A game @ Akron and Kent will not happen unless they come to Stambaugh for one game as well; which according to MAC Rules; is not allowed. Pretty sad excuse for these schools which struggle to get 10,000 BUTTS in the seats.-- xrulesx

Also announced today was that Youngstown St. is moving all of its football and M/W Basketball Broadcasts to 570 WKBN-AM, from their sister station 1390 WNIO. 570 WKBN has a signal that can be heard West of Cleveland and East of Pittsburgh; I myself have heard it almost out to Columbus. It has the 2nd best signal in all of Northeast Ohio, way behind Cleveland WTAM-1100 which can be heard in 30+ states and half of Canada.

The best news about the 4 year deal with 570 WKBN is that we are kicking Ohio State off of that station, and over to the weaker 1390. Take that FBS and all of you so called YSU fans who are really fair-weather OSU Fans!

Seawolf97
April 12th, 2007, 09:28 PM
xbawlingx And we are coming to play you guys on Sept. 15 th!!

FlyYtown
April 12th, 2007, 09:41 PM
xbawlingx And we are coming to play you guys on Sept. 15 th!!

Let's hope it doesn't get too ugly.
xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix

Seawolf97
April 12th, 2007, 09:42 PM
I agree and best of luck with these FBS teams !

appfan2008
April 12th, 2007, 10:32 PM
That MAC rule is ridiculous because you could offer them more than they could offer you for visiting!

FlyYtown
April 12th, 2007, 10:38 PM
That MAC rule is ridiculous because you could offer them more than they could offer you for visiting!

Amen to that appfan2008.
The two teams I can't stand in the MAC reside just 30 and 45 minutes away from Youngstown State and they are still scared to play us. YSU will play them any day, anytime, anywhere; only as long as they come ONCE to the 'FRIENDLY' confines of Stambaugh Stadium!

We all know that YSU would sell that game out with 21000 fans; if YSU goes to their stadiums; they still won't get 15000!

appfan2008
April 12th, 2007, 10:41 PM
which makes the situation retarded all the way around... btw why would you not fill up their stadiums if they are so close to you???
i know when app went to gardner webb last year i went down and helped set a record crowd at their stadium and there were people everywhere and that is 2 hours and change away...

GoGuins
April 12th, 2007, 10:50 PM
When YSU travels to Kent to play, it's a sea of red & white. Kent's stadium holds 32k and there's usually 12-15k YSU fans & maybe 6-8k Kent fans. It's almost like a home game for YSU

grayghost06
April 13th, 2007, 12:02 AM
2007: @ Ohio State
2008: @ (vs.) Ohio State---This game may be played at Cleveland Browns Stadium; stay tuned.
2009: OPEN -- Looking for Major Opponents
2010: @ Penn State ---Announced today!

--A game @ Akron and Kent will not happen unless they come to Stambaugh for one game as well; which according to MAC Rules; is not allowed. Pretty sad excuse for these schools which struggle to get 10,000 BUTTS in the seats.-- xrulesx

Also announced today was that Youngstown St. is moving all of its football and M/W Basketball Broadcasts to 570 WKBN-AM, from their sister station 1390 WNIO. 570 WKBN has a signal that can be heard West of Cleveland and East of Pittsburgh; I myself have heard it almost out to Columbus. It has the 2nd best signal in all of Northeast Ohio, way behind Cleveland WTAM-1100 which can be heard in 30+ states and half of Canada.

The best news about the 4 year deal with 570 WKBN is that we are kicking Ohio State off of that station, and over to the weaker 1390. Take that FBS and all of you so called YSU fans who are really fair-weather OSU Fans!.....Kudos to the Penguins for holding their ground against playing solely on the road against those MAC teams. If you're gonna talk the talk of being FBS, then you better be able to walk he walk, ie: attendance, visitor paydays and most importantly, the perception that you have the stronger program. I am of the opinion that in the majority of cases, the MAC schools cannot justify the arrogant attitude of only allowing home games against FCS schools. Actually, until recently, I thought it ridiculous that APP ST. always played @ Wake. Whatever measely crowd they were getting at Wake could have been exceeded by playing at ASU up until a few years ago.

GoGuins
April 13th, 2007, 06:41 AM
I heard 2009 might be Wisconsin

Paladin1aa
April 13th, 2007, 10:20 AM
It will be, Go, if the "numbers" are right !! xthumbsupx

FlyYtown
April 13th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Watch for teams closer than Wisconson though... Such as:
West Virginia
Michigan - Mich. St
Louisville

Those seem the most logical if we can't get something worked out with Wisconsin.

stuperman17
April 13th, 2007, 05:24 PM
I think West Virginia seems the most logical out of those. What about a team like Cincinatti. Or how about Indiana.

Fresno St. Alum
April 13th, 2007, 07:52 PM
I wish they would have played a different team instead of Ohio St. in 2007 & 2008.

GoGuins
April 13th, 2007, 08:21 PM
I wish they would have played a different team instead of Ohio St. in 2007 & 2008.

Why's that?

FlyYtown
April 13th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Yah seriously why not play Ohio St. You get on the national scene in the Buckeye State; especially in all the media, etc.... And it helps out recruiting vs. a team that played in the National Title Game the year before.

I think its good for us, and lets hope we beat them, the # of bandwagon OSU fans in the Mahoning Valley is enough to make you sick!

phillyAPP
April 14th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Why don't you play MAC in a neutral site and make it a HOME game APPmosphere.
Is that against the MAC rules?

YSU is stepping up with its conference and OOC schedule. I hope APP can get to play you guys. I have a good friend that lives on Milton Lake.

FlyYtown
April 14th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Why don't you play MAC in a neutral site and make it a HOME game APPmosphere.
Is that against the MAC rules?

YSU is stepping up with its conference and OOC schedule. I hope APP can get to play you guys. I have a good friend that lives on Milton Lake.

I'd love to play Appy during the season.

And its LAKE MILTON, not Milton Lake lol!
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

igo4uni
April 14th, 2007, 03:03 PM
I think its good for us, and lets hope we beat them, the # of bandwagon OSU fans in the Mahoning Valley is enough to make you sick!

I hear ya. Frickin Iowa and Iowa State fans!xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx

Johnny5
April 14th, 2007, 11:20 PM
I think West Virginia seems the most logical out of those. What about a team like Cincinatti. Or how about Indiana.

Cincy is probably a no go, it would be like playing a MAC team honestly. WVU could be fun though. Wouldn't mind seeing Marshall again and someone like Syracuse or a Carolina school could be fun too.

April 15th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Please win at least one of those games YSU... please!!!!

FlyYtown
April 15th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Please win at least one of those games YSU... please!!!!

You want us to win a game; whats the occasion!
xnodx xnodx xnodx xsmiley_wix xnodx xnodx xnodx

appfan2008
April 15th, 2007, 08:57 AM
i cant speak for ralph but i would assume he would love to see the fcs doing well!

April 15th, 2007, 12:26 PM
i cant speak for ralph but i would assume he would love to see the fcs doing well!Of course I do. I praised YSU up and down the last two years, had their coach on my show, traveled nine hours each way by car to see a game there, etc. That YSU poster is not examplary of good YSU fans. He has been banned from here before, he is banned from the YSU board. You get the idea. xrolleyesx

appfan2008
April 15th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Of course I do. I praised YSU up and down the last two years, had their coach on my show, traveled nine hours each way by car to see a game there, etc. That YSU poster is not examplary of good YSU fans. He has been banned from here before, he is banned from the YSU board. You get the idea. xrolleyesx
what a cool guy...xsmhx xsmhx

yeah we know you love good football and even though you dont care too much for asu... you still like us cuz we are fcs!

April 15th, 2007, 12:39 PM
... even though you dont care too much for asu... xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

WHAAAAAAATTTTTTT?????? xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx I've traveled to see App St play many times and love them as much as anyone else.

FlyYtown
April 15th, 2007, 07:59 PM
I was banned on the other site for reasons you would not know. And I still read it every day and have seen many of those posters who want me back.

How I act on here does not reflect how I act at games or towards fans of other teams. I tailgate every week and welcome all visiting teams fans to my tailgates. I like to mess around with you folks on here since many of you call me a radical YSU fan. YES I want to get out of FCS; its holding us back from the bigger and better things of I-A! We have a first class facility which would put us in the top of the MAC facilities; if we were to expand.

Our baseball, softball, and basketball programs compete with many of the MAC schools in their regular seasons and have done VERY SUCCESSFUL against them all. The Men's B-ball team this past year went 3-1 vs. the MAC.

We can compete in every single sport in Division 1 Athletics vs. teams in the MAC, with the exception of football; and whats holding us back from doing just that? The label of FCS.

I love the playoffs and all, but look how well Boise, Nevada, and Marshall have all done in I-A; that could be Youngstown St. in 10-15 years!

April 15th, 2007, 08:37 PM
... YES I want to get out of FCS; its holding us back from the bigger and better things of I-A!...pssssssst... I-A doesn't exist as a label anymore...

FlyYtown
April 16th, 2007, 05:34 AM
pssssssst... I-A doesn't exist as a label anymore...

I know, but it means the exact same thing as FBS; and it sounds better too!!
xnodx xnodx xnodx

CCU2003
April 16th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Nice pick up with Coach Mills on defense. I worked with Jeff at Idaho and he did a great job with very undersized and questionable talent on that side of the ball. Dennis Erickson put the major screws to this guy by rolling out early and I'm glad to hear he's landed on his feet. YSU, you got one hell of a defensive ball coach, who now gets a chance to work with competitive athletes! You'll like this guy's way of bringin pressure and motivating guys!

FlyYtown
April 16th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Nice pick up with Coach Mills on defense. I worked with Jeff at Idaho and he did a great job with very undersized and questionable talent on that side of the ball. Dennis Erickson put the major screws to this guy by rolling out early and I'm glad to hear he's landed on his feet. YSU, you got one hell of a defensive ball coach, who now gets a chance to work with competitive athletes! You'll like this guy's way of bringin pressure and motivating guys!

What style of Defense does he play, because all the players are saying how they have yet to get used to the new system.... I am all for something different because our defense was horrible in all by 2-3 games last year... This year w/o Mason and Gibson; we need our defense to play their very best all game long! I am excited about Coach Mills.

CCU2003
April 16th, 2007, 05:48 PM
The vandals worked out of a 4-3 last year, but you have to realize one thing- the avg d-lineman at UI was under 255lbs (forget what the program says, 245-255 at best). So what Mills did was send lb's and safety's all the time. The line was always stunting and moving around and I swear somebody was coming every play. All in all, it was a great defense to watch, and it provided a ton of great blindside hits, random sacks and tfl's, but when all the offense has to do is go tight and bull over smaller d-lineman, eventually everyone would wear down and those blitzing LB's aren't moving very fast. UI also had zero depth across the board, so Mills couldn't sub aside from a freshman lineman or CB and that was never good. You give Coach Mills some size and athleticism and I have no doubt you'll be proud of your defense this time next year! Get ready for a show!

GoGuins
April 16th, 2007, 07:59 PM
I was banned on the other site for reasons you would not know. And I still read it every day and have seen many of those posters who want me back.

Like who? your brother ysu360?

FlyYtown
April 16th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Listen, we all have our own radical beliefs which we don't post on the forums. Well guess what; I got the right to post them; and I do.

There is no point for me to hold my thoughts back... and I refuse to do that.

Trust me, go on any mlb.com forum; if you want to see first class assholes; that is the place to go!

BillLuc1982
May 27th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Living in the East, I can think of a few opponents close by that YSU can play. How about the Maryland Terrapins? And WVU could be a lot of fun. I think we should re-establish our '90s "playoff rivalry" with Marshall. Even Army or Navy wouldn't be so bad. We almost had the chance to play Army in 2001 but played Marshall instead.

FlyYtown
May 27th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Marshall would be an awesome rivalry. I remember back in 2001 they helped us out, as we did them, and filled out a late season game for the missed game vs. Toledo the week of 9/11.

I remember it was on TV and we had a 4th quarter lead; but they pulled away late. The YSU-Marshall Rivalry was vintage in I-AA.

PantherRob82
May 28th, 2007, 02:08 AM
I'd love to see some more YSU-Marshall

NoSpinZone
May 28th, 2007, 07:38 AM

2006 Attendance

Kent 17,004
Akron 16,132
Youngston State 15,159

You're giving the MAC grief but you would have placed 11th out of 13 teams last year in attendance only 500 a game ahead of the last placed team.

..... If you're gonna talk the talk of being FBS, then you better be able to walk he walk, ie: attendance, visitor paydays and most importantly, the perception that you have the stronger program. I am of the opinion that in the majority of cases, the MAC schools cannot justify the arrogant attitude of only allowing home games against FCS schools. Actually, until recently, I thought it ridiculous that APP ST

They did walk the walk at NC State and won the week after our champ of the last 2 years couldn't.

stuperman17
May 28th, 2007, 09:33 AM
The vandals worked out of a 4-3 last year, but you have to realize one thing- the avg d-lineman at UI was under 255lbs (forget what the program says, 245-255 at best). So what Mills did was send lb's and safety's all the time. The line was always stunting and moving around and I swear somebody was coming every play. All in all, it was a great defense to watch, and it provided a ton of great blindside hits, random sacks and tfl's, but when all the offense has to do is go tight and bull over smaller d-lineman, eventually everyone would wear down and those blitzing LB's aren't moving very fast. UI also had zero depth across the board, so Mills couldn't sub aside from a freshman lineman or CB and that was never good. You give Coach Mills some size and athleticism and I have no doubt you'll be proud of your defense this time next year! Get ready for a show!

I've heard he runs a 4-3 also, but it's a very different 4-3...It's kind of a read and react defense. Just what i've heard, but it sounds good...

FlyYtown
May 28th, 2007, 11:12 AM
2006 Attendance

Kent 17,004
Akron 16,132
Youngston State 15,159

You're giving the MAC grief but you would have placed 11th out of 13 teams last year in attendance only 500 a game ahead of the last placed team.

They did walk the walk at NC State and won the week after our champ of the last 2 years couldn't.

Those numbers are so far from the truth it ain't even funny. Have you been to an Akron or Kent game? NO. Well I have. Their fans all admit its the corporate business's which bought hundreds of tickets so they wouldn't be hit by the NCAA For attendance problems.... They average at best on a day 10,000 PEOPLE at the game. With thousands of empty seats which Goodyear, Firestone, etc. buy to help them out.

And Youngstown State's numbers include the playoffs. For whatever reason the JMU game had 11,000 people which is total BS. Most people I've talked with even say there is no way it was 11k; more like 16k or 17k.

Let's just do YSU's average attendance for their regular season games:
Total: 98,829
Average: 16,500 per game

NoSpinZone
May 28th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Those numbers are so far from the truth it ain't even funny. Have you been to an Akron or Kent game? NO. Well I have. Their fans all admit its the corporate business's which bought hundreds of tickets so they wouldn't be hit by the NCAA For attendance problems.... They average at best on a day 10,000 PEOPLE at the game. With thousands of empty seats which Goodyear, Firestone, etc. buy to help them out.

And Youngstown State's numbers include the playoffs. For whatever reason the JMU game had 11,000 people which is total BS. Most people I've talked with even say there is no way it was 11k; more like 16k or 17k.

Lots of hear say in there. I'm just going by what is officially reported to the NCAA.

If Kent were such attendance fudgers you would think they would have figured out how to lie to the NCAA previous years or have gotten these corporate deals you claim they did this year. Give them credit they must have done something right to convince companies to give them thousands of dollars for nothing but empty seats even if that were true.

I however don't find it unbelievable that they had a good year of support considering Minnesota came to play at Kent last year and for much of the year they were leading the MAC for the first time in forever, and Akron put out pretty solid teams for several years and has out drawn you three straight years according to the NCAA.

I'm just saying, those are the most recent numbers. I think those program are making strides and have good coaches. They also have teams like Syracuse, Kentucky, Army, Navy, Minnesota, Cincinnati coming to their stadiums the next few years so attendance should continue to be pretty decent. They must be paying those teams something of a decent payday.

FlyYtown
May 28th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Minnesota came to play at Kent last year and for much of the year they were leading the MAC for the first time in forever.

Dix Stadium seats 30,000. The night they played Minnesota it was 70 degrees and sunny. The paid attendance was 20,000. Rather embarrassing.

NoSpinZone
May 28th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Dix Stadium seats 30,000. The night they played Minnesota it was 70 degrees and sunny. The paid attendance was 20,000. Rather embarrassing.

Probably had more to do with it being on a Thursday night of a holiday weekend coming off a 1-10 season. Still 20k was larger than any crowd Youngstown State had and as much as your stadium holds. I'll let you decide again just how embarrassing that number is. I am just saying they had pretty good years and were not anywhere close to your numbers you threw out for them.

FlyYtown
May 28th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Still 20k was larger than any crowd Youngstown State had and as much as your stadium holds.

Kent State vs. Minnesota

Youngstown State vs. Northern Iowa

We can argue all day; but chances are you haven't gone to an Akron or Kent football game. Montana, Appy, Delaware, YSU, etc. embarrass them facilities and attendance wise.

Hey but I will give them credit in basketball; they have better teams and have packed houses for much of the season. Of course YSU did beat Kent this year @ Kent; the game after Kent nearly upset Duke @ Duke.

crunifan
May 28th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Kent State vs. Minnesota

Youngstown State vs. Northern Iowa

We can argue all day; but chances are you haven't gone to an Akron or Kent football game. Montana, Appy, Delaware, YSU, etc. embarrass them facilities and attendance wise.

Hey but I will give them credit in basketball; they have better teams and have packed houses for much of the season. Of course YSU did beat Kent this year @ Kent; the game after Kent nearly upset Duke @ Duke.

Aww, the Penguin fans love to come out and see the purple and gold. At least we give them all a great show! xnodx xlolx

GoGuins
May 29th, 2007, 09:28 AM

For once I agree with Fly, Akron & Kent's attendance figures are padded with corporate donations for seats (more specifically Akron)

GoGuins
May 29th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Aww, the Penguin fans love to come out and see the purple and gold. At least we give them all a great show! xnodx xlolx

I believe YSU's last sell-out was against UNI in 2000. I also believe it was YSU's last win against them too. That dramatic come from behind win in the last 2 minutes.

already123
May 29th, 2007, 10:25 PM
youngstown supposed to be any good this year?

GoGuins
May 30th, 2007, 07:36 AM
youngstown supposed to be any good this year?

They have 13 starters back on both sides with quite a few non-starters from '06 that have significant experience. They should contend for the GFC title and are IMO a top 12 FCS team.

Question marks are RB & CB's

2007 schedule

Sat. Sept. 1 at Ohio State Columbus, Ohio TBA
Sat. Sept. 8 South Dakota State Stambaugh Stadium 6 p.m.
Sat. Sept. 15 Stony Brook Stambaugh Stadium 4 p.m.
Sat. Sept. 22 Lock Haven Stambaugh Stadium 4 p.m.
Sat. Sept. 29 Missouri State* Stambaugh Stadium 6 p.m.
Sat. Oct. 6 at Southern Illinois* Carbondale, Ill. 3:30 p.m. | CSTV
Sat. Oct. 13 Southern Utah Stambaugh Stadium 4 p.m.
Sat. Oct. 20 Illinois State (HC)* Stambaugh Stadium 4 p.m.
Sat. Oct. 27 at Northern Iowa* Cedar Falls, Iowa 5:05 p.m.
Sat. Nov. 3 at Indiana State* Terre Haute, Ind. Noon
Sat. Nov. 10 Western Illinois* Stambaugh Stadium 1 p.m.

PantherRob82
May 30th, 2007, 06:39 PM

xlolx xlolx you should see the tailgating out there though. YSU has great atmosphere outside the game. During the game was ok.

FlyYtown
May 30th, 2007, 07:54 PM
xlolx xlolx you should see the tailgating out there though. YSU has great atmosphere outside the game. During the game was ok.

If you guys come to a game in Youngstown; do away with your teams fans and come sit on the big side. That is where it is most electric and where you won't have to worry about the students bothering you; which of course they would never ever do! xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

Our tailgating is always fun. The M-24 lot next to the stadium is where the average tailgaters are and that lot is always filled to capacity. In the last 2-3 years they redid a lot about 3 minutes further down the street for corporate tailgates. That lot is really booming and where the YSU marketing people seem to have most of their focus.

Tailgating is great in Youngstown.
6 Hours Prior to Kickoff
90 Minutes After the Game Ends.

The games are always fun... I myself try to make it like a playoff atmosphere every week by getting fans on their feet and loud on 3rd down; but that doesn't seem to work all that often.

PantherRob82
May 30th, 2007, 10:06 PM
If you guys come to a game in Youngstown; do away with your teams fans and come sit on the big side. That is where it is most electric and where you won't have to worry about the students bothering you; which of course they would never ever do! xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

Yeah, those students were a blast. Didn't seem to know the team very well. Didn't make much noise either. I just didn't like the game time atmosphere as much as I thought I would. The team entrance seems kinda lack luster, and they don't seem to have the crowd behind them as much as one would think. Not a smack at you guys at all. Just not what I expected from such a great program.

Zoo
May 30th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Still any news on YSU trying to play Wisconsin?

FlyYtown
May 30th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Still any news on YSU trying to play Wisconsin?

As of now, 2009 is still up in the air. It is likely going to be a Big 10 or Big East school in the region.

Zoo
May 30th, 2007, 10:23 PM
As of now, 2009 is still up in the air. It is likely going to be a Big 10 or Big East school in the region.

That'll be really cool to see YSU play the Badgers. Might have to make my way up to Madison to see it. :D

NoSpinZone
May 31st, 2007, 07:49 AM

I don't know if I agree with that. According to the NCAA you were wrong on attendance last year and I took a look and those aren't bad looking places. They are bigger and Akron's actually looks quite nice and balanced IMO with the horse shoe.

Akron
http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/north_america/united_states/ohio/akron_rubber.shtml

http://www.gozips.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10800&KEY=&ATCLID=323254

Kent
http://www.kentstatesports.com/fls/11400/images/misc_fb_construction_30_big.jpg?DB_OEM_ID=11400

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/north_america/united_states/ohio/youngstown_stambaugh.shtml

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/north_america/united_states/north_carolina/boone_brewer.shtml

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/north_america/united_states/delaware/newark_delaware.shtml

FlyYtown
May 31st, 2007, 09:58 AM
I don't know if I agree with that. According to the NCAA you were wrong on attendance last year and I took a look and those aren't bad looking places. They are bigger and Akron's actually looks quite nice and balanced IMO with the horse shoe.

Akron
http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/north_america/united_states/ohio/akron_rubber.shtml

http://www.gozips.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10800&KEY=&ATCLID=323254

Kent
http://www.kentstatesports.com/fls/11400/images/misc_fb_construction_30_big.jpg?DB_OEM_ID=11400

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/north_america/united_states/ohio/youngstown_stambaugh.shtml

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/north_america/united_states/north_carolina/boone_brewer.shtml

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/north_america/united_states/delaware/newark_delaware.shtml

The rubber bowl has a high school-like press box, as well as thousands of endzone seats deamed unsafe. It is slated for knock down in 2009 for a new 25,000 seat stadium. Kent's Dix Stadium is similar to Stambaugh but with older seats and seats in the endzones. It is always empty too; this is a common site: http://dept.kent.edu/band/dix1.jpg