PDA

View Full Version : Hofstra's 1st 5 Games

BigApp
April 11th, 2007, 04:01 PM
are the only ones released on their website xeyebrowx guess they'll release the rest later...

09/08 Furman
09/15 @ Albany
09/22 @ Rhode Island
09/29 Stony Brook
10/06 Maine

http://www.hofstra.edu/Athletics/Football/index_Football.cfm

youwouldno
April 11th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Never fun to start with a home loss...

UNHWildCats
April 11th, 2007, 04:05 PM
the rest of the games are conference games so there already available. just click the link in my signature :p

danefan
April 11th, 2007, 06:13 PM

Never fun to start with back-to-back home and road losses.xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx:p:p:p

jessesd
April 11th, 2007, 08:46 PM
xthumbsupx Hofstra has an easy OOC schedule. All of the games are winnable....xnodx

Seawolf97
April 11th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Might be winnable but dont discount Stonybrook and Albanyxpeacex xpeacex

LarryBoy
April 11th, 2007, 09:35 PM
xthumbsupx Hofstra has an easy OOC schedule. All of the games are winnable....xnodx

With that much fBS propoganda in your profile, are you allowed to throw your opinion in?

thirdgendin
April 11th, 2007, 09:46 PM
I love the fact that September 8 against Furman is Hofstra's season opener, while Furman gets to work the kinks out against Presbyterian on September 1. That is a big advantage in Furman's favor.

jessesd
April 12th, 2007, 07:48 AM
With that much fBS propoganda in your profile, are you allowed to throw your opinion in?

as a Hofstra Alumn......yes

OL FU
April 12th, 2007, 07:51 AM

Jessesd every game is winnable. If we played, Furman might beat Florida. :p :p :p :p

OL FU
April 12th, 2007, 07:52 AM
as a Hofstra Alumn......yes

Then show a little "Pride" and change your avatarxnodx

appfan2008
April 12th, 2007, 07:56 AM
good call your allumni is who you should represent period

jessesd
April 12th, 2007, 08:20 AM
I Have degrees from 4 colleges in the USA undergrad at South Dakota State and U of South Dakota, MBA at Hofstra and PhD at UF and one Masters in Europe (EUR Rotterdam), my most recent degree was last summer from UF. Therefore; I can fly with pride any of those flags and all my schools are getting my donations.

Remember, "Not everyone stops at one Degree!!!"

OL FU
April 12th, 2007, 08:24 AM
I Have degrees from 4 colleges in the USA undergrad at South Dakota State and U of South Dakota, MBA at Hofstra and PHD at UF and one Masters in Europe (EUR Rotterdam), my most recent degree was last summer from UF. Therefore; I can fly with pride any of those flags and all my schools are getting my donations.

I understand and you should be proud of all them. But isn't interesting that on a message board site that is based solely upon the football division that Hofstra participates in, you choose to support Floridaxeyebrowx xrolleyesx

PS From your comments on the OOC being easy, and the fact that Furman, a team that is consistently rated in the top ten in FCS football, is one of the opponents shows that none of your four degrees were in football studiesxsmiley_wix :D

jessesd
April 12th, 2007, 08:58 AM
I understand and you should be proud of all them. But isn't interesting that on a message board site that is based solely upon the football division that Hofstra participates in, you choose to support Floridaxeyebrowx xrolleyesx

PS From your comments on the OOC being easy, and the fact that Furman, a team that is consistently rated in the top ten in FCS football, is one of the opponents shows that none of your four degrees were in football studies xsmiley_wix :D

Football studies would not pay my student loans and I keep a life in addition to this pastime xlolx .... xlolx xrotatehx
Hofstra is not my only school here, SDSU is here and soon USD will be here!

Hofstra and Furman are well balanced teams, the advantage of the game is early on the season for both teams and both are going to be working the kinks and lets not forget the game is at Hofstra and home does matter a bit more at the beginning of the season.

danefan
April 12th, 2007, 09:12 AM
and soon USD will be here!
Man law has been passed in the Gateway forum.xrulesxxrulesxxrulesx

USD= San Diego
S.Dak.= South Dakota

xrulesx

OL FU
April 12th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Football studies would not pay my student loans and I keep a life in addition to this pastime xlolx .... xlolx xrotatehx
Hofstra is not my only school here, SDSU is here and soon USD will be here!

Hofstra and Furman are well balanced teams, the advantage of the game is early on the season for both teams and both are going to be working the kinks and lets not forget the game is at Hofstra and home does matter a bit more at the beginning of the season.

That is a bit different that saying easy OOC .xnodx

Homefield always matters. I am not going to look it up but I would guess Furman's home field winning percentage over the last few years is close to 90% and away is probably closer to 60%.

By the way I hope our guys aren't to tired from the trip, 3000 fans in the stands might not be enough to keep them awake:p

89Hen
April 12th, 2007, 09:21 AM
FWIW, last two meetings...

Furman 44 - Hofstra 41 in Greenville
Hofstra 31 - Furman 24 in Greenville

xeyebrowx

89Hen
April 12th, 2007, 09:23 AM
I can fly with pride any of those flags
You sure can, but FWIW on a I-AA board, I'd fly my I-AA alma. xtwocentsx

OL FU
April 12th, 2007, 09:27 AM
FWIW, last two meetings...

Furman 44 - Hofstra 41 in Greenville
Hofstra 31 - Furman 24 in Greenville

xeyebrowx

Last Year Furman 8-4 Hofstra 2-9xrolleyesx

89Hen
April 12th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Last Year Furman 8-4 Hofstra 2-9xrolleyesx
OK...

Furman 44 - Hofstra 41 in Greenville, prior year Furman 10-3 Hofstra 5-6 xrolleyesx xrolleyesx :p

OL FU
April 12th, 2007, 10:02 AM
OK...

Furman 44 - Hofstra 41 in Greenville, prior year Furman 10-3 Hofstra 5-6 xrolleyesx xrolleyesx :p

I am not making the argument that that this is a sure win for Furman because I don't think it is. But the scores you posted mean little. The 2005 Furman team was not as good as the 2004 Furman team. The 2005 Hofstra team was better than the 2004 Hofstra team. This year both teams should improve from last year and let's face it Hofstra could not get much worse.

YoUDeeMan
April 12th, 2007, 10:12 AM
I Have degrees from 4 colleges in the USA undergrad at South Dakota State and U of South Dakota, MBA at Hofstra and PhD at UF and one Masters in Europe (EUR Rotterdam), my most recent degree was last summer from UF. Therefore; I can fly with pride any of those flags and all my schools are getting my donations.

You just graduated with a PDI degree (Pretty Damned Impressive) from Cluck U's Wowser College of Studies.

Please PM me to exchange addresses so that I can send you your paper degree and I can start receiving your donations! :D

89Hen
April 12th, 2007, 10:12 AM
But the scores you posted mean little. The 2005 Furman team was not as good as the 2004 Furman team. The 2005 Hofstra team was better than the 2004 Hofstra team.
xrotatehx Spin away my purple friend. xlolx :p

OL FU
April 12th, 2007, 10:33 AM

No spin to it. I will be very interested to see how Hofstra does in the second year after changing coaches and offensive strategies.

But the facts are simple. Furman was above average last year and Hofstra sucked. They may equalize this year but I wouldn't count on it.

jessesd
April 12th, 2007, 10:45 AM

I second that motion!!! xrotatehx xrotatehx

appfan2008
April 12th, 2007, 10:45 AM
I will have to said with the hated purple paladins on this one... furman is by far the better team... period

OL FU
April 12th, 2007, 10:47 AM
I second that motion!!! xrotatehx xrotatehx

2-9 ( That is one big drop from 2005 and long way to go in 2007xrolleyesx )

And by the way Florida Sucks

appfan2008
April 12th, 2007, 10:48 AM
2-9 will be a lot for them to overcome against a very talented furman team

jessesd
April 12th, 2007, 10:54 AM
2-9 ( That is one big drop from 2005 and long way to go in 2007xrolleyesx )

And by the way Florida Sucks

According to you Florida sucks and they are the current FBS champions after destroying OSU at the championship bowl in addition to their back to back BBall championships.

If I recalled the las few two years App State won the FCS, so without any recent championships to speak under Furman's name. I can deduct who sucks worse!!!! xwhistlex xwhistlex

OL FU
April 12th, 2007, 10:56 AM
According to you Florida sucks and they are the current FBS champions after destroying OSU at the championship bowl in addition to their back to back BBall championships.

If I recalled the las few two years App State won the FCS, so without any recent championships to speak under Furman's name. I can deduct who sucks worse!!!! xwhistlex xwhistlex

Florida's football team doesn't suck. Florida's basketball team doesn't suck.
But he only state with more nasty ugly crude football fans is West Virginia ( around the Huntington Area)xnodx xsmiley_wix

jessesd
April 12th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Florida's football team doesn't suck. Florida's basketball team doesn't suck.
But he only state with more nasty ugly crude football fans is West Virginia ( around the Huntington Area)xnodx xsmiley_wix

What do you expect.... Its SEC football, (big time), almost like religion and any home crowd at almost any college anywhere in the South would be just as bad as any other team's home!!! If you want educated fans you are at the wrong conference, you may want to try a Harvard home game in the IVY league and even they can get a bit rowdy. LOL xlolx xlolx

OL FU
April 12th, 2007, 11:03 AM
What do you expect.... Its SEC football, (big time), almost like religion and any home crowd at almost any college anywhere in the South would be just as bad as any other team's home!!! If you want educated fans you are at the worng conference, you may want to try a Harvard home game in the IVY league and even they can get a bit rowdy. LOL xlolx xlolx

Good glad we agree that Florida sucksxnodx

jessesd
April 12th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Good glad we agree that Florida sucksxnodx

nope!!! we both agree that home crowds in the South are nasty to the opposing team!!!

OL FU
April 12th, 2007, 11:11 AM
nope!!! we both agree that home crowds in the South are nasty to the opposing team!!!

No we don't. Most crowds pull for their team. Most crowds pull for the team respectfully. Most crowds are not nasty. It happens occasionally in some heated rivalry games. And being "bigtime" is not an excuse to act small time.

jessesd
April 12th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Not we don't. Most crowds pull for their team. Most crowds pull for the team respectfully. Most crowds are not nasty. It happens occasionally in some heated rivalry games. And being "bigtime" is not an excuse to act small time.

sure!!! whatever!!!xlolx xrotatehx

OL FU
April 12th, 2007, 11:21 AM
sure!!! whatever!!!xlolx xrotatehx

Maybe you should hang around some FCS teams:p

89Hen
April 12th, 2007, 01:33 PM
2-9 will be a lot for them to overcome against a very talented furman team
Well...

UNC was 3-9 last year and they beat Furman.
WCU was 4-7 in 2004 and beat Furman in 2005 going 5-4
JMU was 6-6 in 2003 and beat Furman on the way to the NC in 2004

Also, you have to understand appfan, after being bounced from the playoffs in 1999, 2000, 2002 and 2004 by CAA teams, FU fans have a little chip on their shoulder for us. I can't wait to sweep them in a home and home in 2008-09. xthumbsupx :p

OL FU
April 12th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Well...

Also, you have to understand appfan, after being bounced from the playoffs in 1999, 2000, 2002 and 2004 by CAA teams, FU fans have a little chip on their shoulder for us. I can't wait to sweep them in a home and home in 2008-09. xthumbsupx :p

xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xnonox xnottalkingx

89Hen
April 12th, 2007, 01:35 PM
You may have to include Maryland in that too. The only other place where they burn couches and cars win or lose. xnonono2x

OL FU
April 12th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Well...

UNC doesn't count.
Neither WCU nor JMU were 2-9.

89Hen
April 12th, 2007, 02:16 PM
UNC doesn't count.
Neither WCU nor JMU were 2-9.
If that makes you sleep better at night, you think want you want. xcoolx :D

UNHWildCats
April 12th, 2007, 02:19 PM

But this is a FCS board, so shouldnt you celebrate your FCS schools here? I mean a quick mention of florida ok but personally all the florida stuff as a personal insult to FCS :p xtwocentsx

UNHWildCats
April 12th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Man law has been passed in the Gateway forum.xrulesxxrulesxxrulesx

USD= San Diego
S.Dak.= South Dakota

xrulesx

ugh San Diego xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

LOSS

Lack Of Schedule Strength

youwouldno
April 12th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Furman does have a lot of CAA payback on the docket. Of course the JMU loss can never be mitigated since the Paladins should have won it all that year, but the losses to Hoftsra, Villanova, et al. can be. Winning at Richmond was a baby step in that direction.

danefan
April 12th, 2007, 02:33 PM
ugh San Diego xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

LOSS

Lack Of Schedule Strength

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

USD = Ugly Schedule Disease

OL FU
April 12th, 2007, 03:04 PM
If that makes you sleep better at night, you think want you want. xcoolx :D

Newbie rules per bobbythekid

46) If you think you know everything, you must be a Delaware fan
50) I am, and you will be too, amazed at all the absolutely useless information known by 89hen

na na na boo boo:p

89Hen
April 12th, 2007, 03:34 PM
yeah? so? The good thing about knowing everyting is that you know you know everything and don't have to just think it. :p

OL FU
April 12th, 2007, 03:41 PM
yeah? so? The good thing about knowing everyting is that you know you know everything and don't have to just think it. :p

No No No, The good thing about thinking you know everything is that you can think what you want and still be 180 degrees wrong when the people you are talking to that actually know what they are talking about are absolutely correct.

Now Back to the topic. The Furman game will not be easy for Hofstra contrary to what a certain Florida fan thinks. xreadx

PaladinFan
April 12th, 2007, 11:28 PM
1. The 2004 FU/Hofstra game was a fun one to watch. Hofstra really gutted it out. In typical FU fashion, on the cusp of putting the game on ice the Paladins fumble on the one giving the Pride new life.

2. Weather will be a factor. After playing in 93 degrees and heavy humidity you better believe Furman will enjoy the weather in Hempstead. Last year in Greenville it looked like the Pride players were about to die out there. During timeouts, they all were on a knee with their helmets off.

3. Jerome Felton. Nobody like him in that conference. He sealed the 04 game in overtime running dives 5 times in a row. I expect a similar grind out game with Furman having the biggest grinders on their team.

4. It's no suprise that a guy would go to school in New York and Florida. Not much difference in those two states personell wise :)

89Hen
April 13th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Furman will enjoy the weather in Hempstead.
Hempstead is a strange place to play though. Small crowd in a 15,000 seat stadium and astroturf will make it a really foreign environment for the Paladin. IMO this strange environment is why the Hens struggle at Northeastern. xtwocentsx

OL FU
April 13th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Hempstead is a strange place to play though. Small crowd in a 15,000 seat stadium and astroturf will make it a really foreign environment for the Paladin. IMO this strange environment is why the Hens struggle at Northeastern. xtwocentsx

Astroturf xoopsx

LarryBoy
April 13th, 2007, 08:54 AM
The Hofstra game actually scares me, honestly. Furman always seems to drop one that they shouldn't every year (Coastal last year, Western in '05, App State in '04, half our schedule in '03). I've circled this one as this year's trap game. Way up north, in front of a tiny crowd that barely cares, against a team that has historically known which buttons to press against our defense, and there's always the possibility that we'll already be looking ahead to Clemson the next week (I know you shouldn't look ahead to an fBS, but this is Clemscum...it's different.). If we can win solidly at Hofstra, I'll feel pretty good about the prospects for the rest of the season.

AndrewFU21
April 13th, 2007, 11:54 AM
It's worth noting that the Hofstra team that FU beat in two overtimes had a certain stud WR who has been tearing it up for the Saints. Their new offensive style(much more run-based IIRC) should play more into the hands of our run-oriented defense and 5'8" DB's;)

I think all Furman fans expect a very competitive game up in Long Island.

youwouldno
April 13th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Forget Colston, our problem last time was Devale Ellis, who is in the league but hasn't done much to date. He had an unreal TD catch that game.

Umass74
April 13th, 2007, 06:28 PM
When a veteran coach decides to hang it up, it's usually when he knows that a rebuilding year is coming up. That was some of Hofstra's problems last year.

Also they underwent a total makeover to a run-oriented offense. For years they didn't even have a TE on their roster. Last year was a big change in their philosophy.

Also, I'm pretty sure they had severe injury problems and that will turn any FCS team mediocre quick.

Last year they were not really good at anything. A lot of that may have been due to their injury problems.

How they do this year is one of the really interesting questions of 2007. Playing at Hempstead is not easy as all UMass fans well know.

Sir William
April 13th, 2007, 06:29 PM
The Hofstra game actually scares me, honestly. Furman always seems to drop one that they shouldn't every year (Coastal last year, Western in '05, App State in '04, half our schedule in '03). I've circled this one as this year's trap game. Way up north, in front of a tiny crowd that barely cares, against a team that has historically known which buttons to press against our defense, and there's always the possibility that we'll already be looking ahead to Clemson the next week (I know you shouldn't look ahead to an fBS, but this is Clemscum...it's different.). If we can win solidly at Hofstra, I'll feel pretty good about the prospects for the rest of the season.

Yeah, that sums up my feelings on this matter as well. Hofstra concerns me...I don't care what their record was last year. FU better be ready (and that means pass defense and special teams, especially...both of which were virtually non-existent last year).

At least Hempstead won't have the humidity that we know and love.

89Hen
April 13th, 2007, 08:15 PM
FWIW, Hofstra's defense is the unit that should be improved year to year going forward. They've never had a problem putting points up. I honestly think FU will have their hands full with the Flying Dutchmen.

Seawolf97
April 13th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Minor correction Hofstra is known as the Pride now-family of Lions I beleive

PaladinFan
April 13th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Hofstra was a top 20 team in 2005. It wasn't a shocker that game was a shootout. Two explosive offenses.

Colston had 7 catches for 64 yrds in that game. Maurice Duncan did a heck of a job covering a man he gave up 8 inches to all afternoon.

Fresno St. Alum
April 14th, 2007, 03:25 AM
Minor correction Hofstra is known as the Pride now-family of Lions I beleive

I liked the Flying Dutchmen. Pride kind of boring name.xnonono2x