PDA

View Full Version : Five Reasons That JMU Can Win It ALL

SU DOG
January 25th, 2019, 03:44 PM
This was from Athlon yesterday, so somebody can let me know if it has already been posted somewhere.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/five-reasons-james-madison-can-win-2019-fcs-national-title

WeAreThePride
January 26th, 2019, 02:38 AM
There's only one reason they might win it all. Because they're a damn good football team.

Professor Chaos
January 26th, 2019, 08:17 AM
It comes down to the O-line and DiNucci (or whoever plays QB) I'd say. Seemed like when they struggled last year it was because the couldn't control the LOS or because of a turnover prone QB (or both). If their O-line and QB play improves they certainly have the horses elsewhere to win a title.

dewey
January 26th, 2019, 08:27 AM
It comes down to the O-line and DiNucci (or whoever plays QB) I'd say. Seemed like when they struggled last year it was because the couldn't control the LOS or because of a turnover prone QB (or both). If their O-line and QB play improves they certainly have the horses elsewhere to win a title.

I would agree. Dinucci could lead them to a title or a second round flame out due his propensity for turning the ball over.

Dewey

Derby City Duke
January 26th, 2019, 10:53 PM
It will be interesting who wins the QB battle. Coach Cignetti has already declared it an open competition between the 3 most prominent QBs returning (there are 3 more QBs on the roster, but I've never seen any of them on the field...expect to wear hats and reflective vests while signaling in plays last year).

RootinFerDukes
January 27th, 2019, 09:38 PM
A QB battle is exactly what we need. Either DiNucci improves or we have a new starter. It’s bound to be an upgrade from his 2018 performance one way or another.

KPSUL
January 27th, 2019, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE=RootinFerDukes;2747908]A QB battle is exactly what we need. Either DiNucci improves or we have a new starter. It’s bound to be an upgrade from his 2018 performance one way or another.[/QUOTnE]

The Nooch looked like an NFL prospect in his first few games, particularly when playing the weakest opponents. I went to the Robert Morris game and he looked awesome. Other games to include UNH and the playoff game vs Delaware he hade happy feet, couldn't find 2d and 3rd receivers and couldn't protect the ball.

SU DOG
January 28th, 2019, 12:40 PM
I see where Knox Kadum, 3***QB from Rome GA committed yesterday to JMU.

Anthony215
January 29th, 2019, 01:34 PM
I see where Knox Kadum, 3***QB from Rome GA committed yesterday to JMU.

That's a pretty good signee for JMU especially seeing as though he had some FBS offers from Rutgers, Charlotte, Tulane and Akron.

Bisonoline
January 29th, 2019, 11:03 PM
Good Luck.

BDKJMU
January 30th, 2019, 05:09 PM
The Nooch looked like an NFL prospect in his first few games, particularly when playing the weakest opponents. I went to the Robert Morris game and he looked awesome. Other games to include UNH and the playoff game vs Delaware he hade happy feet, couldn't find 2d and 3rd receivers and couldn't protect the ball.
Heck, against NC State he was 23 of 27 for 197 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT + 14 carries for 79 yards. With him was like Jekyll & Hyde sometimes. Other than not having a real strong arm (its adequate), his issues are all from the neck up, if you know what I mean.

The new OC/QB coach at JMU, Shane Montgomery, was the OC/QB coach at Miami of OH 2001-2004. The starting QB at Miami of Ohio 2001-2004 was a guy by the name of Ben Roethlisberger...

Derby City Duke
January 31st, 2019, 12:22 PM
That's a pretty good signee for JMU especially seeing as though he had some FBS offers from Rutgers, Charlotte, Tulane and Akron.

Virginia Tech offered him within 48 hours of his verbal commitment to JMU. Tech has had nearly a dozen players enter the transfer portal since season's end.

geaux_sioux
January 31st, 2019, 01:07 PM
This was from Athlon yesterday, so somebody can let me know if it has already been posted somewhere.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/five-reasons-james-madison-can-win-2019-fcs-national-title

6th reason: JMU hires Ben Newman to give them a “motivational edge” in the 4th quarter.

RootinFerDukes
February 1st, 2019, 06:22 PM
Knox Kadum, the 3 star QB recruit for JMU, decided to decommit and become a castrated turkey instead. He even called out the two QBs above him on the depth chart to the media, before his official visit this weekend... I’d like to be a fly on that QB wall.

“Kadum said there’s a chance he could play earlier in college if he signs with Virginia Tech.

“It sounds like a strong possibility because they are unhappy with the two quarterbacks left,” Kadum said.”

TheKingpin28
February 1st, 2019, 07:46 PM
Knox Kadum, the 3 star QB recruit for JMU, decided to decommit and become a castrated turkey instead. He even called out the two QBs above him on the depth chart to the media, before his official visit this weekend... I’d like to be a fly on that QB wall.

“Kadum said there’s a chance he could play earlier in college if he signs with Virginia Tech.

“It sounds like a strong possibility because they are unhappy with the two quarterbacks left,” Kadum said.”Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like, he is openly admitting VT has awful QBs and he is afraid of a challenge to rise to the top of the depth chart at JMU and so he chose to leave?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

RootinFerDukes
February 2nd, 2019, 08:00 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like, he is openly admitting VT has awful QBs and he is afraid of a challenge to rise to the top of the depth chart at JMU and so he chose to leave?

You summed it up. As some of our fans are saying, VT should be embarrassed that the path to starting is easier at their P5 school than at an in-State FCS school.

TheKingpin28
February 2nd, 2019, 08:03 AM
You summed it up. As some of our fans are saying, VT should be embarrassed that the path to starting is easier at their P5 school than at an in-State FCS school.That is quite pathetic to bail on a team like that, but even more pathetic that he feels his best chance to start is at a supposed "P5" team.

Redbird 4th & short
February 2nd, 2019, 10:54 AM

“It sounds like a strong possibility because they are unhappy with the two quarterbacks left,” Kadum said.”

wow !!!

Now this kid is going to walk into that locker room and try to lead the VT offense after having called out the 2 deep at his position publicly ???

Lesson learned for VT recruiters ... be very careful what you say to recruits. I know this stuff happens and competition is a good thing. But this kid doesn't have enough sense to realize he just created a problem in the locker room and the huddle before he even graduated from his HS .. much less stepped on practice field in college. I wonder how regularly the VT recruiter throws his current players under the bus when he recruits other position players as well. Recruiting is a regional thing, not a position thing ... does the head coach know his recruiter is telling 17 and 18 year old kids who have not yet sign LOIs how bad their current players are at certain positions ?

My son was being recruited as a kicker for good G5 program. I was in the room when the recruiter was pitching to my son that he could be kicking off as true FR against some big P5 non-conf .. wow, wounds great, right ? He went on to explain how much his kickers sucked and were head cases, and my son would walk into a starting role. Funny thing .. the recruiter was being honest, his kickers did suck. The recruiter also happend to be special teams coach .. so he would know, right ? His head coach was obviously pressuring him to find a better kicker ... so in a sense the recruiter and ST coach's job was also sort of on the line .. not just his current kickers. Looks great for my son .. right ???

I told my son he should look elsewhere. Because a year from then, the recruiter would probably be doing same thing to my son.

Again, wow ... kids say the darndest things .. and so do their recruiters. There's a way to handle this ... this is perfect example of how not to handle this ... and all that is wrong with D-I football, not to mention why college football players should NEVER become paid. Imagine how cut throat and ugly it would get if student-athletes started getting paid to play football. Imagine what head coaches and recruiters would be willing to do if their investments in student-athletes went beyond full schollies.

Bit of a tangent, I know ... but this isn't just on that kid ... dumb as what he did was.