PDA

View Full Version : Kittell leaves Jamestown for NDSU

Laker
January 16th, 2019, 09:28 PM
https://jamestownsun.com/sports/football/4558065-ujs-kittell-resigns-join-ndsu-staff

POD Knows
January 16th, 2019, 09:47 PM
Seriously. xsmhx

centennial
January 16th, 2019, 09:54 PM
Kittell officially went 3-30 in his three years at the head of UJ football. The NAIA stripped the coach and the university of all six victories the program achieved between 2016-17 as a result of two separate player ineligibility infractions. The NAIA levied the penalty against UJ last September.

This guy was going to get fired soon anyway.

BisonFan02
January 16th, 2019, 10:03 PM
.................................................. ........... xlolx

cx500d
January 16th, 2019, 10:18 PM
This doesn’t seem like a good choice. Couldn’t recruit his own team out of a paper sack, and those he recruited apparently couldn’t remain eligible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laker
January 16th, 2019, 10:30 PM
This doesn’t seem like a good choice. Couldn’t recruit his own team out of a paper sack, and those he recruited apparently couldn’t remain eligible

This does seem like a puzzler.

TheKingpin28
January 16th, 2019, 10:45 PM
I wonder how Bisonville is going to take this? xcoffeex

centennial
January 16th, 2019, 10:48 PM
I wonder how Bisonville is going to take this? xcoffeex

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/018/012/this_is_fine.jpg

TheKingpin28
January 16th, 2019, 10:51 PM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/018/012/this_is_fine.jpg

You know, the minute **** goes south, either him or Roehl will get the traditional: "Fire X to save the season" treatment.

centennial
January 16th, 2019, 10:57 PM
You know, the minute **** goes south, either him or Roehl will get the traditional: "Fire X to save the season" treatment.

I fear NDSU might be making the same mistakes as the basketball team. Yes, team culture is great. But what is better is great coaches. I would rather have stolen one from Minnesota State or UNI than get someone from an unsuccessful program. Hopefully he turns out to be okay.

TheKingpin28
January 16th, 2019, 11:06 PM
I fear NDSU might be making the same mistakes as the basketball team. Yes, team culture is great. But what is better is great coaches. I would rather have stolen one from Minnesota State or UNI than get someone from an unsuccessful program. Hopefully he turns out to be okay.

If NDSU goes the whole rah-rah approach, what has taken over 15 years to build will come crashing down in an instant. I trust both Matt's to be successful, and I believe they will, but I just don't want NDSU to go through another 2002/2009 season as that takes time to recover from.

JacksFan40
January 16th, 2019, 11:09 PM
This hire might be good. Not for NDSU but for the rest of the FCS of course

Bisonoline
January 17th, 2019, 12:14 AM
If NDSU goes the whole rah-rah approach, what has taken over 15 years to build will come crashing down in an instant. I trust both Matt's to be successful, and I believe they will, but I just don't want NDSU to go through another 2002/2009 season as that takes time to recover from.

Everyone questioned Klieman when he came from UNI.

frozennorth
January 17th, 2019, 12:36 AM
this forum needs a seperate bisonville-in-exile subforum

BisonFan02
January 17th, 2019, 01:07 AM
Recruiting football into Jamestown is a tall order......just a FYI.

Schism55
January 17th, 2019, 02:28 AM
Recruiting football into Jamestown is a tall order......just a FYI.
That's an understatement.
Have yall been to Jamestown xsmhx

Professor Chaos
January 17th, 2019, 07:00 AM
Never thought a recruiting coordinator hire would signal the end of the dynasty. xrolleyesx

FWIW there's more freaking out on this thread than on Bisonville.

Sycamore62
January 17th, 2019, 08:24 AM
Never thought a recruiting coordinator hire would signal the end of the dynasty. xrolleyesx

Id say there is a lot more coordination than recruiting in that position. If a coach gets booked at a crappy hotel, I better hear some hell getting raised.

Professor Chaos
January 17th, 2019, 08:31 AM
Id say there is a lot more coordination than recruiting in that position. If a coach gets booked at a crappy hotel, I better hear some hell getting raised.
Pretty much. I'm pretty sure that, per NCAA rules, the recruiting coordinator (when it isn't held by someone who's one of the 11 on field coaches) isn't even allowed to actively recruit for their school. I believe the responsibilities of that position include (like you said) booking travel and accommodations for the 11 coaches that are allowed to recruit, making sure those coaches' time is maximized when they're on the road, and ensure that no recruits fall through the cracks in the busy schedules these coaches keep. At most FCS schools these responsibilities are generally taken on by a position coach in addition to their coaching responsibilities so this just allows at least one of NDSU's coaches to focus more on other things.

At most I'd think he'd have an indirect hand in setting up recruiting boards since he's probably going to be doing a lot of tape scouting and cut ups but I'd assume that the 11 guys on the coaching staff still make the final call as to who they want to recruit/offer/etc.

POD Knows
January 17th, 2019, 08:48 AM
Pretty much. I'm pretty sure that, per NCAA rules, the recruiting coordinator (when it isn't held by someone who's one of the 11 on field coaches) isn't even allowed to actively recruit for their school. I believe the responsibilities of that position include (like you said) booking travel and accommodations for the 11 coaches that are allowed to recruit, making sure those coaches' time is maximized when they're on the road, and ensure that no recruits fall through the cracks in the busy schedules these coaches keep. At most FCS schools these responsibilities are generally taken on by a position coach in addition to their coaching responsibilities so this just allows at least one of NDSU's coaches to focus more on other things.

At most I'd think he'd have an indirect hand in setting up recruiting boards since he's probably going to be doing a lot of tape scouting and cut ups but I'd assume that the 11 guys on the coaching staff still make the final call as to who they want to recruit/offer/etc.So this guy is basically the George Costanza of the Bison, that is good.

Professor Chaos
January 17th, 2019, 09:00 AM
So this guy is basically the George Costanza of the Bison, that is good.
Yep, wait until he invites Entz over to his house for Festivus...

IBleedYellow
January 17th, 2019, 10:20 AM

It's hilarious. These guys freaking out are doing exactly what they complain about on Bisonville. :D

TheKingpin28
January 17th, 2019, 10:23 AM
Everyone questioned Klieman when he came from UNI.

I guess I don't remember that as I was not as involved in Bison football back then.

POD Knows
January 17th, 2019, 10:24 AM
It's hilarious. These guys freaking out are doing exactly what they complain about on Bisonville. :DI don't think anybody is freaking out but losers tend to drag the stink of losing with them, if you are superstitious, which I am.

Bisonator
January 17th, 2019, 10:55 AM
I don't think anybody is freaking out but losers tend to drag the stink of losing with them, if you are superstitious, which I am.
Like Klieman brought the stink from UNI with him? :D

centennial
January 17th, 2019, 11:12 PM

UNI is a solid football program. Top 15 most years. They have also produced a lot of coaches. Clearly that's the same as Jamestown.

Bisonoline
January 17th, 2019, 11:19 PM

Farley did not speak well of NDSU when this happened. I think he said we were trying to buy UNIs success or something to that effect.:D

POD Knows
January 18th, 2019, 09:00 AM
Like Klieman brought the stink from UNI with him? :DYea, I would compare the losing culture at UNI to Jimmie U, nice try.