IBleedYellow
January 16th, 2019, 11:07 AM
In Fargo.

Let's do this!!!!

Bison 1660 announced it.

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1085584098385633280

centennial
January 16th, 2019, 11:13 AM
This will be interesting. I wonder if the new NDSU coaches will be like Coach Klieman and not run up the score.

Professor
January 16th, 2019, 11:31 AM
We shall see. Like i been saying , you wanted us. Pick up the phone. We appreciate the 350K plus expenses and paying to bring the band. See you in 2020

TheKingpin28
January 16th, 2019, 11:42 AM
All NCAT posters on here need to get up to Fargo for that game. I know you had a significant turnover in starters this year, as did NDSU, so this game should be a true test as to where the best of the MEAC/HBCUs stack up against the best of the FCS, as both teams will have a year to break in a new group of starters.

Professor
January 16th, 2019, 11:44 AM
Trust me , A&T will be there. Our Midwest Alum groups are going to show up big time. A&T hasn't played a game in the midwest in over 10 years.

BisonTru
January 16th, 2019, 11:45 AM
Good get. I hope both teams are still at the top of their conferences when this goes down.

kdinva
January 16th, 2019, 11:47 AM
....We appreciate the $350K plus expenses .....

WOW, that's a great guarantee, for FCS to FCS. Kudos to the Bizon for that kind of offer......game should be fun!

What is/was a typical NDSU one-off payout to an OOC FCS team?

AmsterBison
January 16th, 2019, 11:53 AM
Trust me , A&T will be there. Our Midwest Alum groups are going to show up big time. A&T hasn't played a game in the midwest in over 10 years.

In my biased opinion, this'd be a good candidate for ESPN Game Day.

Only problem is the lack of visitor space at the actual game. Should be plenty of room at tailgating though.

Big Dawg
January 16th, 2019, 11:54 AM
Interesting...we’ll see if A&T stays hot or if there’s a fall off as Coach Washington’s influence on the program continues to take shape

Professor Chaos
January 16th, 2019, 11:58 AM
WOW, that's a great guarantee, for FCS to FCS. Kudos to the Bizon for that kind of offer......game should be fun!

What is/was a typical NDSU one-off payout to an OOC FCS team?
For the last 5 years or so it's been 200k minimum it seems (except for the sweetheart deal UND signed to play 2 games in Fargo) but this is the highest I've ever heard. They paid 300k to Charleston Southern to come in for the 2016 FCS Kickoff game but that was supplemented greatly by a 200k buyout exercised by Western Carolina to get out of a game that same year.

It's too bad there won't be many tickets left for A&T alums especially if they bring the band. If there was ever a game to play at US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis...

Redbird 4th & short
January 16th, 2019, 12:03 PM
playing this game in 2020 is perfect ... both teams have a full season plus 2 offseasons to reload/rebuild from lot of roster losses. 2019 season opener would have had too many caveates/excuses both ways.

First of all .. cudos to NCAT for scheduling a serious OOC game and to NDSU for paying to make this happen. This should also help NCAT with recruitment efforts including potential FBS transfers. This years JSU game was a nice one, but they fell out of top 5-10 the last couple seasons.

That said, I'm still betting NDSU will pull away pretty early, and will put breaks on like they always do. Nonetheless ... great OOC game for FCS and for HBCU .. the TV ratings will be phenomenal for this game.

TheKingpin28
January 16th, 2019, 12:09 PM
According to Bisonville, Jeremy Jorgensen said it took 132 days to get this finalized.

WestCoastAggie
January 16th, 2019, 12:11 PM
This thread might be 300 plus pages by the time this game happens.

TheKingpin28
January 16th, 2019, 12:16 PM
This thread might be 300 plus pages by the time this game happens.

#BookIt

WestCoastAggie
January 16th, 2019, 12:17 PM
playing this game in 2020 is perfect ... both teams have a full season plus 2 offseasons to reload/rebuild from lot of roster losses. 2019 season opener would have had too many caveates/excuses both ways.

First of all .. cudos to NCAT for scheduling a serious OOC game and to NDSU for paying to make this happen. This should also help NCAT with recruitment efforts including potential FBS transfers. This years JSU game was a nice one, but they fell out of top 5-10 the last couple seasons.

That said, I'm still betting NDSU will pull away pretty early, and will put breaks on like they always do. Nonetheless ... great OOC game for FCS and for HBCU .. the TV ratings will be phenomenal for this game.

It looks like Coach Washington and his staff began recruiting to be competitive in this matchup already, according to guys we offered. That Celebration Bowl game against Alcorn State and the Jacksonville State game were wake-up calls. We have to get bigger in our Defensive front and Linebackers.

WestCoastAggie
January 16th, 2019, 12:30 PM
In 2020, A&T Will be playing North Dakota State and Liberty. Sheesh!

Laker
January 16th, 2019, 12:36 PM
In 2020, A&T Will be playing North Dakota State and Liberty. Sheesh!

I wonder how the Liberty payout will compare?

Professor
January 16th, 2019, 01:04 PM
For the last 5 years or so it's been 200k minimum it seems (except for the sweetheart deal UND signed to play 2 games in Fargo) but this is the highest I've ever heard. They paid 300k to Charleston Southern to come in for the 2016 FCS Kickoff game but that was supplemented greatly by a 200k buyout exercised by Western Carolina to get out of a game that same year.

It's too bad there won't be many tickets left for A&T alums especially if they bring the band. If there was ever a game to play at US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis...

Band will be there, NDSU is paying for them to come as well

Professor
January 16th, 2019, 01:06 PM
I wonder how the Liberty payout will compare?

It will be around the same. We usually don't move unless its 300K or more

dbackjon
January 16th, 2019, 01:09 PM
Great get - should be fun

Redbird 4th & short
January 16th, 2019, 01:13 PM
Band will be there, NDSU is paying for them to come as well

as someone with little direct interest in this game other than I am FCS fan and MVFC fan ... I can't imagine any FCS fan not watching this game. The interest level will be off the charts .. everyone will want to see if NC A&T can hang tough. And as much crap as I've given you guys for SOS, I have no personal issue with NCAT or any HBCU teams .. unless you claim to be best in FCS when you're not and you don't play an SOS worthy of top 10 consideration. Not a dig there, just explaining.

But now you're playing NDSU .. I hope this generates lot of excitement with entire NC A&T program (coaches, players, recruits, fans, donors, etc) and the HBCU. There used to be some historically very good teams from your members .. not so much lately. I honestly hope this tips the scales back in favorable direction. Game of this magnitude will only help.

And NC A&T was smart in holding out for more money ... NDSU should make a killing off this game, assuming they will get something extra for TV ratings residuals ??

Maybe I'm making too much of this ... but as OOC games go, I think this is huge for FCS and HBCU. And I hope NC A&T steps up and gives them a game .. at least for 2-3 quarters. I highly doubt it can last 4 quarters, but hoping it is interesting for a while.

Laker
January 16th, 2019, 01:13 PM

Will they let you bring your band? :D

Professor
January 16th, 2019, 01:26 PM
Will they let you bring your band? :D

Lool, they paying for them to come. So i believe they will be in the Dome. If not, kids get a free flight to Fargo

WestCoastAggie
January 16th, 2019, 01:35 PM
Lool, they paying for them to come. So i believe they will be in the Dome. If not, kids get a free flight to Fargo
I heard Dr Ruff didn’t find out about the game until he hopped on Facebook today. 😂

IBleedYellow
January 16th, 2019, 02:17 PM
Looks like NDSU paid 240k for this.

Not that 350k number.

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1085629507862753280

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 16th, 2019, 02:49 PM
Awesome job by North Carolina A&T! This program has definitely taken the steps to be relevant outside of the world of HBCU's!

Laker
January 16th, 2019, 02:52 PM

No, I know that they are going to NDSU- will Liberty pay them to come?

kdinva
January 16th, 2019, 02:54 PM
will Liberty pay them to come?

2 hour bus ride..........very few $$$ involved there.... xpeacex

WestCoastAggie
January 16th, 2019, 03:22 PM
Looks like NDSU paid 240k for this.

Not that 350k number.

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1085629507862753280

Whew! That's unfortunate...

Redbird 4th & short
January 16th, 2019, 04:05 PM

still not bad for fellow FCS program at all ... heck, could it be highest ever "buy game" for FCS vs FCS level ?? Think about it .. what other situation would have this drawing power, that wouldn't just be a simple home and home deal. I can't think of any with this draw potential that would result in a 240k buy game at FCS level.

WestCoastAggie
January 16th, 2019, 04:07 PM
still not bad for fellow FCS program at all ... heck, could it be highest ever "buy game" for FCS vs FCS level ?? Think about it .. what other situation would have this drawing power, that wouldn't just be a simple home and home deal. I can't think of any with this draw potential that would result in a 240k buy game at FCS level.

On bisonville, someone said Charleston Southern got $300K for their game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 16th, 2019, 04:09 PM

Consider a game against NDSU as being a member of the "jelly of the month" club. It's the gift that keeps giving all year. The extra 100 G's would have been spent and soon forgotten.....

IBleedYellow
January 16th, 2019, 04:10 PM
https://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/the-price-of-doing-business-in-non-conference-scheduling/

NDSU has paid out 2.71M since 2012 in FCS games.

DeltaDevil662
January 16th, 2019, 04:15 PM
On bisonville, someone said Charleston Southern got $300K for their game.

Yall got the same thing that we got in 2017 so you are actually on the high end of their payouts.

https://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/the-price-of-doing-business-in-non-conference-scheduling/

Yall have played well in every statement game the past 4 years (FBS matchups as well as the FCS Kickoff plus the CB) so there is no reason why yall won't represent for HBCU football next year as well.

Redbird 4th & short
January 16th, 2019, 04:22 PM

NDSU has paid out 2.71M since 2012 in FCS games.

so tied for 3rd highest for NDSU .. surprising that Big Sky games demand so much from NDSU with our purported Big Sky Challenge .. ought to be cheaper.

ISUr is lucky in this sense to have home and home with EIU every year .. easy bus ride too. So we only have to pay for 1 patsy each year. So assuming most years we also get an FBS payday within bus driving distance, we usally do ok budget wise.

WestCoastAggie
January 16th, 2019, 04:25 PM
so tied for 3rd highest for NDSU .. surprising that Big Sky games demand so much from NDSU with our purported Big Sky Challenge .. ought to be cheaper.

ISUr is lucky in this sense to have home and home with EIU every year .. easy bus ride too. So we only have to pay for 1 patsy each year. So assuming most years we also get an FBS payday within bus driving distance, we usally do ok budget wise.

I probably spoke too soon:

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1085649858436857857 (https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1085649858436857857)

cx500d
January 16th, 2019, 04:45 PM
Awesome! I hope you bring some fans!

caribbeanhen
January 16th, 2019, 04:53 PM

But don’t the bison generally allot about 300 tickets for visiting teams? On second thought with the declining interest and general malaise in Fargo you guys might be able to get 3000 in there

cx500d
January 16th, 2019, 04:56 PM
But don’t the bison generally allot about 300 tickets for visiting teams? On second thought with the declining interest and general malaise in Fargo you guys might be able to get 3000 in there

They can buy on secondary market too and infiltrate the green and gold

WestCoastAggie
January 16th, 2019, 05:00 PM
Awesome! I hope you bring some fans!

With around 18 months to plan, our Alumni Organization chapters will be likely planning things, especially those in the mid-west. With enough time and promotion, and a great 2019 season, we'll gear up to travel.

Redbird 4th & short
January 16th, 2019, 05:10 PM
With around 18 months to plan, our Alumni Organization chapters will be likely planning things, especially those in the mid-west. With enough time and promotion, and a great 2019 season, we'll gear up to travel.

Thinking of NDSU as Midwest can be very misleading ... so I'm from Chicago area and it is a 9.5 hour drive tp Fargo, if traffic and construction cooperate. Chicago and Fargo are same time zones, but a world away.

dewey
January 16th, 2019, 05:22 PM
Great OOC for both teams. Kudos to both teams for scheduling this game.

Hopefully lots of A&T fans make the trip.

Dewey

POD Knows
January 16th, 2019, 05:25 PM
General question but how is this going to work with their band, they must have 500 people in that band, do they get the normal fan allotment plus the extra seats for the band.

cx500d
January 16th, 2019, 05:29 PM
General question but how is this going to work with their band, they must have 500 people in that band, do they get the normal fan allotment plus the extra seats for the band.

They are putting bleachers in the tailgate lot.

JSUSoutherner
January 16th, 2019, 05:30 PM
Their band won't be there.

caribbeanhen
January 16th, 2019, 06:16 PM
Their band won't be there.

I hope that is just not true.....

JSUSoutherner
January 16th, 2019, 06:21 PM
I hope that is just not true.....
They didn't come to the kickoff. That was a bus trip.

ASU33
January 16th, 2019, 06:35 PM
They didn't come to the kickoff. That was a bus trip.

The band usually makes most trips. The didn't travel to the 1st two games last year due to some internal issues. That's very unlike the BGMM to miss road games.

ASU33
January 16th, 2019, 06:41 PM

BGMM isn't that big. The March around 170 or so

Redbird 4th & short
January 16th, 2019, 07:08 PM
I hope NDSU and NCAT negotiated more seats for NCAT fans and room for both bands. And I assume ESPN2 or maybe ESPN will air this. Do this and the atmosphere with decent NCA&T presence will be off the charts for what is otherwise a meaningless OOC game who outcome is not likely even in question. NDSU should recognize the buzz this will create and provide more accommodations if needed for NCAT.

Professor Chaos
January 16th, 2019, 07:08 PM
For a playoff game you'd probably be right but demand is still strong for regular season games due to the fact that they have a waiting list for season tickets and they allow non-season ticket holding booster club members request up to 8 regular season tickets from the ~1500 tickets per game they hold back from season ticket holders for single game sales. You need to be online right when single game tickets go on sale and hope for a bit of luck to snag tickets. I'd expect that most of that normal 300 ticket visitor allotment will be taken by the band so there probably won't be more than a few hundred tickets available for A&T directly from NDSU. After that they'll have to hit the secondary market.

I hope NDSU and NCAT negotiated more seats for NCAT fans and room for both bands. And I assume ESPN2 or maybe ESPN will air this. Do this and the atmosphere with decent NCA&T presence will be off the charts for what is otherwise a meaningless OOC game who outcome is not likely even in question. NDSU should recognize the buzz this will create and provide more accommodations if needed for NCAT.
Very unlikely this is aired on any ESPN network but it will be on ESPN+ most likely. North Dakota NBC pays a pretty hefty sum by their standards (thought I heard $1.5M per year) for exclusive NDSU football TV rights. I believe they offer the stream to ESPN+ because no one outside of ND gets it over the air. Unfortunately for the rest of you that means streaming via ESPN+ is probably the only way to watch it.

WestCoastAggie
January 16th, 2019, 07:21 PM
The band usually makes most trips. The didn't travel to the 1st two games last year due to some internal issues. That's very unlike the BGMM to miss road games.

The Marching Machine didn’t like the rules they had to follow in montgomery and Greenville, NC. The Band director didn’t event find out about the game until today. If the school’s paying for them to go and if they won’t be stifled from playing, they won’t go.

Redbird 4th & short
January 16th, 2019, 07:45 PM
For a playoff game you'd probably be right but demand is still strong for regular season games due to the fact that they have a waiting list for season tickets and they allow non-season ticket holding booster club members request up to 8 regular season tickets from the ~1500 tickets per game they hold back from season ticket holders for single game sales. You need to be online right when single game tickets go on sale and hope for a bit of luck to snag tickets. I'd expect that most of that normal 300 ticket visitor allotment will be taken by the band so there probably won't be more than a few hundred tickets available for A&T directly from NDSU. After that they'll have to hit the secondary market.

Very unlikely this is aired on any ESPN network but it will be on ESPN+ most likely. North Dakota NBC pays a pretty hefty sum by their standards (thought I heard $1.5M per year) for exclusive NDSU football TV rights. I believe they offer the stream to ESPN+ because no one outside of ND gets it over the air. Unfortunately for the rest of you that means streaming via ESPN+ is probably the only way to watch it.
I'm just imagining potential for TV ratings .. I would have to think this could pique the interest of ESPN, especially if NC A&T rebuilds into top 20 team by then. And I do think this game combined with Celebration Bowl will help their recruitment .... even this February signing deadline for kids sitting on fence right now. This game being announced now helps on that front immediately .. the build up will be interesting.

WestCoastAggie
January 16th, 2019, 08:12 PM
I'm just imagining potential for TV ratings .. I would have to think this could pique the interest of ESPN, especially if NC A&T rebuilds into top 20 team by then. And I do think this game combined with Celebration Bowl will help their recruitment .... even this February signing deadline for kids sitting on fence right now. This game being announced now helps on that front immediately .. the build up will be interesting.

Our staff has been "punching up" this recruiting cycle. We got some offers for a few kids that we could not approach just a few years ago. We're wooing one kid right now that has multiple ACC offers. There's another kid that we signed in the early period that we snatched from UAB.

Darryl Johnson potentially getting drafted as a RS-JR will also help recruiting. We may lastly also see an influx of FBS transfers this FEB. An ECU QB just transferred in for spring practice. I hope he works out.

Redbird 4th & short
January 16th, 2019, 08:38 PM
Our staff has been "punching up" this recruiting cycle. We got some offers for a few kids that we could not approach just a few years ago. We're wooing one kid right now that has multiple ACC offers. There's another kid that we signed in the early period that we snatched from UAB.

Darryl Johnson potentially getting drafted as a RS-JR will also help recruiting. We may lastly also see an influx of FBS transfers this FEB. An ECU QB just transferred in for spring practice. I hope he works out.
Tarik Cohen breakout all pro season playing for my playoff bound Bears isn't hurting NC A&T too much either ...

DEX
January 16th, 2019, 08:53 PM
I thought coach was speaking metaphorically when he said he wanted to play the best in FCS? Oh well, I will be there with my road dawgs if we can get tickets.

Schism55
January 16th, 2019, 09:09 PM
Great OOC for both teams. Kudos to both teams for scheduling this game.

Hopefully lots of A&T fans make the trip.

Dewey
Amen brotha!
Emory Hunt and Jay Walker may have coronaries in the lead up to this game xrotatehx

WestCoastAggie
January 16th, 2019, 09:10 PM
Tarik Cohen breakout all pro season playing for my playoff bound Bears isn't hurting NC A&T too much either ...

Can't forget him or Brandon Parker. Speaking of which, Breontae Matthews has been making inroads at the Tropical Bowl in Florida.

https://twitter.com/QCWEA/status/1085335964585730053

dewey
January 16th, 2019, 10:06 PM
The earlier posts misquoted the amount. It is actually 240k.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1085649858436857857

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

POD Knows
January 17th, 2019, 09:01 AM
I think this game is great, I also think that the Bison are going to be pretty salty in 2020 but let's not get ahead of ourselves yet. Except for Drake, that 2020 OOC looks pretty good. Get to make the trip to Oregon that fall, it will be epic.

Professor
January 17th, 2019, 09:20 AM

We have a starting left tackle for the Raiders too

Redbird 4th & short
January 17th, 2019, 09:31 AM
We have a starting left tackle for the Raiders too
except every other Cohen play is a highlight on the evening news .. even when he gains just 2 yards after nearly losing 6 yards and running 50 yards just to get the 2 yard gain. Something like that happens about once or twice a game, in addition to actual big plays.

WestCoastAggie
January 17th, 2019, 09:45 AM
except every other Cohen play is a highlight on the evening news .. even when he gains just 2 yards after nearly losing 6 yards and running 50 yards just to get the 2 yard gain. Something like that happens about once or twice a game, in addition to actual big plays.

Tarik will raise your blood pressure with those Barry Sanders-type plays. I think he's slowly turning into a Tyreek Hill 2.0 which will be huge for the Bears. Hopefully the kicker won't be deadly accurate hitting crossbars in September.

Derby City Duke
January 17th, 2019, 10:06 AM

Liberty payed Old Dominion (FBS - Conf. USA) $1 million to play in Lynchburg this past season -- and slapped around the Monarchs 52-10. Who knows how high the payout will be for A&T...but wouldn't be surprised if it reached the 400K - 500K range. Two things Liberty doesn't lack -- money and chutzpah (Ian McCaw, of Baylor scandal fame, is their AD, and Hugh Freeze, who left Ole Miss under a huge cloud, is their football coach).

Professor
January 17th, 2019, 10:08 AM

I can't remember a left tackle getting a highlight. Cohen is a human highlight film. The next version of Sproles from Philly and Hill from KC.

Bisonator
January 17th, 2019, 10:56 AM
So 3 OOC cupcakes in 2020....xcoffeex

Derby City Duke
January 17th, 2019, 12:25 PM
Good on both schools for making this match-up happen. Will be interesting to see how 'southern speed' matches up with 'great plains heat' in Fargo.

Redbird 4th & short
January 18th, 2019, 09:04 AM
I can't remember a left tackle getting a highlight. Cohen is a human highlight film. The next version of Sproles from Philly and Hill from KC.
exactly my original point ... and Bears finally getting back to playoffs brings more national spotlight to the playmakers like Tarik ... which brings more pub to FCS schools like NC A&T. We were so disappointed when Bears decided not to resign former ISUr WR Cam Meredith ... one, he was totally home grown coming from Chicago area and ISUr, and making Bears as UFA. But then he played his way onto game roster, then caight breaks with injuries and turned into starter. This got ISUr some attention locally and even nationally during his breakout year, which can only help with recruitment.

Anyway, Tarik is fun to watch and Bears are finally using him the right way ... as talented as he is, he struggled his first couple years. Nagy's offense was made for Tarik. Anyway, this is good pub for NC A&T football, not just in Chicago and NC areas, but nationally.

edit .. thought this was his 3rd year .... so he struggled his 1st year while Bears offense struggled themselves and with how to use him.

Southern Bison
January 18th, 2019, 11:40 AM
The Marching Machine didn’t like the rules they had to follow in montgomery and Greenville, NC. The Band director didn’t event find out about the game until today. If the school’s paying for them to go and if they won’t be stifled from playing, they won’t go.Stifled from playing? You mean throughout the game during the teams' plays?

That won't fly in the dome.

WestCoastAggie
January 18th, 2019, 11:51 AM
Stifled from playing? You mean throughout the game during the teams' plays?

That won't fly in the dome.

Not that. Our band doesn't play during other team's plays as that's flagged by refs in our conference.

I'm referring to having adequate time for a halftime show. At ECU especially, they weren't given the usual 7 minutes for a full halftime set.

IBleedYellow
January 18th, 2019, 01:07 PM
Not that. Our band doesn't play during other team's plays as that's not flagged by refs in our conference.

I'm referring to having adequate time for a halftime show. At ECU especially, they weren't given the usual 7 minutes for a full halftime set.

If we're paying for your band to come we better allow them to play.

Half the point of playing you guys is so that we can see your band, in my opinion.

clenz
January 18th, 2019, 01:23 PM
Also having seen NDSUs band

Please play instead of them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
January 18th, 2019, 01:26 PM

Half the point of playing you guys is so that we can see your band, in my opinion.

You guys should send JSU some money to send the Southerners up.

I've always wanted to hear them in an enclosed, echoy, venue.

Preferred Walk-On
January 18th, 2019, 01:27 PM

Cold...but usually when I seek out the bacon-on-a-stick stand.

IBleedYellow
January 18th, 2019, 01:43 PM

He's not wrong though. He's not wrong at all.

WestCoastAggie
January 18th, 2019, 03:29 PM
The Grand Forks Harold wrote about A&T: https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/4557766-bison-schedule-nc-football-shedding-regional-footprint

clenz
January 18th, 2019, 03:59 PM
He's not wrong though. He's not wrong at all.As I've said before, it's not that they sound bad. They just are very very "meh" even by upper Midwest style marching standards

Trumpster
January 18th, 2019, 04:11 PM
As I've said before, it's not that they sound bad. They just are very very "meh" even by upper Midwest style marching standards

Strive for mediocrity!

Redbird 4th & short
January 18th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Strive for mediocrity!
sounds like NDSU Marching Band needs to hit the weight room a little harder this offseason ...

NDSUtk
January 18th, 2019, 10:22 PM

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkBeing an NDSU season ticket holder, I second this

Bisonoline
January 18th, 2019, 10:25 PM

xeekx

JSUSoutherner
January 19th, 2019, 04:33 AM
As I've said before, it's not that they sound bad.

Well it's not like they sound particularly good, either. xcoffeex

Southern Bison
January 19th, 2019, 10:04 AM

Half the point of playing you guys is so that we can see your band, in my opinion.Ive seen A&T play their halftime show at the Carolina Panthers' game...it's one of the better halftime shows during the season. Best one was the USMC Silent Drill Team.

DEX
January 19th, 2019, 10:38 AM

Bacon-on-a-stick...... Seriously? Love trying unusual stadium foods so I might have to pay this place a visit. xthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
January 19th, 2019, 10:41 AM
Bacon-on-a-stick...... Seriously? Love trying unusual stadium foods so I might have to pay this place a visit. xthumbsupx

It's one of the good things about the Dome. The food from the stands is otherwise a pass. They got fountain pop though! xlolx Make sure you stop by the tailgates and grub up. If you go away hungry, you didn't meet enough Bison fans. xnodx

Redbird 4th & short
January 19th, 2019, 12:19 PM
It's one of the good things about the Dome. The food from the stands is otherwise a pass. They got fountain pop though! xlolx Make sure you stop by the tailgates and grub up. If you go away hungry, you didn't meet enough Bison fans. xnodx

preferred walkon / kingpin ... this bacon-on-a-stick ... are we talking extra thick drizzled or marinaded in a maple syrup too ????

(https://www.pinterest.com/pin/432064157972914294/)https://s3-media3.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/1HbScgyye5okwMKk8xpCUw/o.jpg (https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/landhaus-at-bergn-brooklyn?select=1HbScgyye5okwMKk8xpCUw)

TheKingpin28
January 19th, 2019, 12:28 PM
preferred walkon / kingpin ... this bacon-on-a-stick ... are we talking extra thick drizzled or marinaded in a maple syrup too ????

(https://www.pinterest.com/pin/432064157972914294/)https://s3-media3.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/1HbScgyye5okwMKk8xpCUw/o.jpg (https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/landhaus-at-bergn-brooklyn?select=1HbScgyye5okwMKk8xpCUw)

I don't remember it ever looking THAT good!

Redbird 4th & short
January 19th, 2019, 12:35 PM
I don't remember it ever looking THAT good!
its easy .. here are ingredients, just use these ratios .. get fresh cut bacon as thick as you like, marinate for at least an hour, then cook in oven til crispy how you like. then just skewer them; then warm them up on grill at tail gate ... great eats and for making new friends

12 to 16 ounces bacon, thick sliced
4 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup

crushed walnuts allowed too

JacksFan40
January 19th, 2019, 12:37 PM
This would’ve been a great game to have at Target Field. Instead it’ll just be NDSU kicking the crap out of Butler.

TheKingpin28
January 19th, 2019, 12:43 PM
its easy .. here are ingredients, just use these ratios .. get fresh cut bacon as thick as you like, marinate for at least an hour, then cook in oven til crispy how you like. then just skewer them; then warm them up on grill at tail gate ... great eats and for making new friends

Rep had to be given.

Redbird 4th & short
January 19th, 2019, 12:46 PM
Rep had to be given.
if you sell these, I'm gonna want residuals ...

xtroublex

TheKingpin28
January 19th, 2019, 12:48 PM
if you sell these, I'm gonna want residuals ...

xtroublex

More rep?

Thumper 76
January 19th, 2019, 12:55 PM

That and the candied nuts are the two good things in the mall to eat IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redbird 4th & short
January 19th, 2019, 01:00 PM
More rep?
that currency works too ... xdrunkyx

AmsterBison
January 19th, 2019, 01:18 PM

I'd skip the walnuts and go with 1/2 tsp (or more, depending on the audience) of cayenne pepper.

Redbird 4th & short
January 19th, 2019, 01:21 PM
I'd skip the walnuts and go with 1/2 tsp (or more, depending on the audience) of cayenne pepper.
not a bad call ... smoked or straight up cayenne pepper ?? smoked cayenne pepper can really add a nice touch too almost any meat.

Redbird 4th & short
January 19th, 2019, 01:22 PM
not a bad call ... smoked or straight up cayenne pepper ?? smoked cayenne pepper can really add a nice touch too almost any meat.
brain cramp .. was thinking smoked paprika .. still like the idea of peppering up the maple bacon .. any pepper would probably work.

Preferred Walk-On
January 19th, 2019, 03:59 PM

Agree with Kingpin, it has never looked that good. Located in SE corner of FargoDome, but in all honesty, walk the tailgate lot and eat the fare out there. There is no comparison.

POD Knows
January 19th, 2019, 05:11 PM
Agree with Kingpin, it has never looked that good. Located in SE corner of FargoDome, but in all honesty, walk the tailgate lot and eat the fare out there. There is no comparison.
That bacon looked undercooked to me. I always eat one of those bacon on a stick deals in the dome because it isn’t to far from our seats and we have never lost a game when I had one. Can’t mess with the streak.

Preferred Walk-On
January 19th, 2019, 06:09 PM
That bacon looked undercooked to me. I always eat one of those bacon on a stick deals in the dome because it isn’t to far from our seats and we have never lost a game when I had one. Can’t mess with the streak.

I have the same halftime routine, and I don't suspect I will change it until things go south. My lucky underwear is starting to look pretty rough though. xbeerchugx

Redbird 4th & short
January 20th, 2019, 11:34 AM

that's the beauty of making your own maple bacon ... you can ask your deli guy to make the strips as thick as you want (I like 1/2 to 3/4 inch) then cut into your preferred chunck size (1 inch long), marinade, and make as crispy as you want. Hard to ruin it or do it wrong cooking in the 350 degree oven, if you watch it.

I prefer bites size chunks .. think shish kabob size.

p.s. warning to guys, you will likely experience some shrinkage !!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0PU6pBTqVZCuoi9MvcmTlP364CZOds nxgt-2YIHtNQodpI_Fq (https://www.facebook.com/MemeSeinfeld/)
499 × 358Images may be

DEX
January 20th, 2019, 12:44 PM
that's the beauty of making your own maple bacon ... you can ask your deli guy to make the strips as thick as you want (I like 1/2 to 3/4 inch) then cut into your preferred chunck size (1 inch long), marinade, and make as crispy as you want. Hard to ruin it or do it wrong cooking in the 350 degree oven, if you watch it.

I prefer bites size chunks .. think shish kabob size.

p.s. warning to guys, you will likely experience some shrinkage !!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0PU6pBTqVZCuoi9MvcmTlP364CZOds nxgt-2YIHtNQodpI_Fq (https://www.facebook.com/MemeSeinfeld/)
499 × 358Images may be

Hmm, wonder how this would work with pork belly cut into bite sized chunks?

Redbird 4th & short
January 20th, 2019, 01:17 PM
Hmm, wonder how this would work with pork belly cut into bite sized chunks?

she may have a few ideas ...

https://i.imgur.com/GpVyC0G.png (https://imgur.com/GpVyC0G)

Bisonoline
January 20th, 2019, 04:24 PM
she may have a few ideas ...

https://i.imgur.com/GpVyC0G.png (https://imgur.com/GpVyC0G)

xlmaoxxlmaox

Hammerhead
January 20th, 2019, 06:51 PM

And bottled (soda) pop where they let you keep the bottle cap unlike many facilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
January 20th, 2019, 07:10 PM
And bottled (soda) pop where they let you keep the bottle cap unlike many facilities.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAnd people say we play in #NotAStadium

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

katss07
January 20th, 2019, 07:30 PM
And people say we play in #NotAStadium

You do play in #NotAStadium

TheKingpin28
January 20th, 2019, 08:22 PM
You do play in #NotAStadiumIt was more of a sarcastic comment since we can keep our caps from the bottle.

Professor Chaos
August 26th, 2020, 02:28 PM
This game is rescheduled for 2022: https://gobison.com/news/2020/8/26/ndsu-completes-2022-football-schedule-with-drake-north-carolina-a-t.aspx

Glad to see that it's still happening!

Bisonoline
August 26th, 2020, 02:34 PM
This game is rescheduled for 2022: https://gobison.com/news/2020/8/26/ndsu-completes-2022-football-schedule-with-drake-north-carolina-a-t.aspx

Glad to see that it's still happening!

I was really looking forward to that game. Glad they are back on the schedule.

POD Knows
August 26th, 2020, 02:40 PM
I was really looking forward to that game. Glad they are back on the schedule.It would have been more fun to slap them around with this year's team. :D

Bisonoline
August 26th, 2020, 02:45 PM
It would have been more fun to slap them around with this year's team. :D

Especially after that one hack said they were at one point arguably the best team in the nation last year. xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
August 26th, 2020, 05:28 PM
Great move adding them to the 2022 schedule. NCAT has had some great teams the last few years. I'm not a big fan of the Flickertail game at the end of the season.

DEX
August 27th, 2020, 06:15 AM
It would have been more fun to slap them around with this year's team. :D

We just love those kind of expectations. :) See ya in 22.

WestCoastAggie
August 27th, 2020, 08:51 AM
I hope we go into this game with Zach Yeager under center. 😎

POD Knows
August 27th, 2020, 09:08 AM
We just love those kind of expectations. :) See ya in 22.Be there with bells on, I have a lot of respect for the NCAT program, they can ball, was really looking forward to this years game as this Bison team might have been the best we have fielded in years. In any event, hope the game comes off as planned, should be a good one.