PDA

View Full Version : Herosports 2019 Preseason Top 10 Poll

CenMEBlackBearFan
January 14th, 2019, 11:34 AM
Have at it guys, not sure how u cannot pick the Bison #1.

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-favorites-win-2019-fcs-national-title-bzbz

clenz
January 14th, 2019, 11:39 AM
I'd probably have NDSU number one...but not for sure.

I fight it every year but I'll get it started early this year

Putting last years champion at number 1 simply because they were last years champion is....lazy.

If you want to argue about NDSU being different - I'd buy it but still want you to not be lazy and just auto put the previous champion at #1.

Maybe NDSU blows everyone away again next year, but losing who and what they lost on the field, and the coaches they lost....I think there is a better argument for not having them at number 1 than having them at #1

hoidOfYolen
January 14th, 2019, 11:48 AM

This qualm is addressed in the first sentence of JMU's reasoning:

"You may be asking how a team that lost in the second round to Colgate can be favored to win it all. Well, the same reason why EWU made it to Frisco a year after not making the playoffs."

DFW HOYA
January 14th, 2019, 01:15 PM
Would have been more provocative if they placed Princeton 7th or 8th.

ElCid
January 14th, 2019, 02:14 PM
Hah. So without even knowing all the players who are staying or transferring or just leaving, who the recruits are (although that is probably of marginal importance) and even who all the new coaches are, they come out with a poll already. Hah. Eh, I guess it keeps FCS in the news and the bulletin boards active.

clenz
January 14th, 2019, 02:16 PM
Hah. So without even knowing all the players who are staying or transferring or just leaving, who the recruits are (although that is probably of marginal importance) and even who all the new coaches are, they come out with a poll already. Hah. Eh, I guess it keeps FCS in the news and the bulletin boards active.
Flip side.

You could say doing a poll in season is dumb too, because "without even knowing what players will suffer injuries, go through hot or cold streaks, and what coaches will bolt for jobs mid-playoffs causing teams to look worse than they had been all season we are just throwing names into a poll for banter"

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 14th, 2019, 02:25 PM

I agree!

How about North Carolina A&T? What do they return? I've been higher on the Aggies than most the last two years....

JSUSoutherner
January 14th, 2019, 03:58 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?221259-2019-Too-Early-Title-Favorites

POD Knows
January 14th, 2019, 04:46 PM
NDSU gets my #1 vote for the preseason poll,

DEX
January 14th, 2019, 07:03 PM
I agree!

How about North Carolina A&T? What do they return? I've been higher on the Aggies than most the last two years....

Thanks but 2019 will be a total rebuild year for A&T. We have the task of replacing 16 starters which will not be easy. :(

KPSUL
January 14th, 2019, 07:17 PM

Just what this board needs, more provocation!

WestCoastAggie
January 14th, 2019, 07:26 PM
I agree!

We're going to be lacking in experience on defense and at Quarterback with Mac McCain and Kylil Carter nursing serious leg injuries. The jury is still out on us but I don't know if we'll make any preseason poll this summer. I gotta see who else we're signing and how our QB position looks during Spring Practice.

caribbeanhen
January 14th, 2019, 07:30 PM

Princeton beats all FCS teams in 2018 disclaimer being Bison not really FCS