PDA

View Full Version : Re-entry...poll?

clenz
January 8th, 2019, 03:05 PM
I'm curious how many schools have, or have had, re-entry without the purchase of a second ticket being required. It's been a hot topic at UNI since it was gotten away with about 6 or 7 years ago, and there is a strong push to bring it back.

I know it's been talked about on here before, and hotly debated with some schools (I think Montana was one of them)

Does your school have FREE re-entry?
Did it ever have it?
What are you feelings on FREE re-entry?

Also I didn't put a "don't care" option because pick a side.

EdubAlum
January 8th, 2019, 03:08 PM
Roos Field (EWU) allows you to go tailgate and come back after half. I think it's dumb they're throwing away all that revenue, but I enjoy being able to do it.

Bisonoline
January 8th, 2019, 03:12 PM
I'm curious how many schools have, or have had, re-entry without the purchase of a second ticket being required. It's been a hot topic at UNI since it was gotten away with about 6 or 7 years ago, and there is a strong push to bring it back.

I know it's been talked about on here before, and hotly debated with some schools (I think Montana was one of them)

Does your school have re-entry?
Did it ever have it?
What are you feelings on re-entry?

I dont understand the need for it?? Why do you have to leave?

Really dont care unless youre just going outside to get drunk again.

Derby City Duke
I know JMU had it for students back in 1980. I only remember them looking at our ID cards -- there was no technology at that point in the stadium.

When they opened our basketball albatross, errrrrr, arena in 1982, we had to insert our IDs into a reader to get it. I assume that meant no re-entry on the same student ID.

MR. CHICKEN
........NO RE-ENTRY.........USED TA ALLOW IT........UD SELLS BEER NOW.....NO NEED TA LEAVE.......LESSIN’.....YER CHEAP.............DOGFISH ON TAP..........BRAWK!

clenz
January 8th, 2019, 03:13 PM
Roos Field (EWU) allows you to go tailgate and come back after half. I think it's dumb they're throwing away all that revenue, but I enjoy being able to do it.
Do you believe people would actually spend any real amount of money at half time or simply wait/sneak a little something in?

JayJ79
January 8th, 2019, 03:13 PM
My dislike of marching bands isn't quite strong enough to motivate me to have to leave the venue. so I just stay in my seat and read the program or check other scores on my phone. And I'm able to make it 3-4 hours without needing to hit the sauce, so that doesn't factor in either.

Thus I'm totally indifferent on the matter.

clenz
January 8th, 2019, 03:14 PM
........NO RE-ENTRY.........USED TA ALLOW IT........UD SELLS BEER NOW.....NO NEED TA LEAVE.......LESSIN’.....YER CHEAP.............DOGFISH ON TAP..........BRAWK!
This, at least in UNI's case, seems to go hand in hand.

Go outside, grab a beer or two, go back in.

UNI has yet to sell beer at football games - though we do at basketball games.

I firmly believe selling beer would keep most people in that might otherwise go out.

Professor Chaos
January 8th, 2019, 03:16 PM
NDSU doesn't have it and I wish they did. I don't know how much it would help but it certainly wouldn't hurt with the fact that a bunch of people, students in particular, leave at halftime even if it's a relatively close game.

F'N Hawks
January 8th, 2019, 03:17 PM
Can't leave the game at halftime to go drink in the lot at the Alerus Center, even though many would like to after watching the product lately. They have full beer and alcohol sales inside the Alerus so there really isn't a reason to leave but I do think it would be fun to head out and crush a couple cold one's at halftime.

Hammerhead
January 8th, 2019, 03:20 PM
Do they sell beer at UND football games? That might be enough to make some Bison fans switch teams. LOL

Can't leave the game at halftime to go drink in the lot at the Alerus Center, even though many would like to after watching the product lately. They have full beer and alcohol sales inside the Alerus so there really isn't a reason to leave but I do think it would be fun to head out and crush a couple cold one's at halftime.

McNeese75
January 8th, 2019, 03:42 PM
McNeese had it up to this year and they changed the policy to disallow re-entry. A lot of unhappy campers after that.

clenz
January 8th, 2019, 03:54 PM
McNeese had it up to this year and they changed the policy to disallow re-entry. A lot of unhappy campers after that.
What reasons were given?

McNeese75
January 8th, 2019, 03:57 PM
Not sure what was "given" but the underlying reasons were probably they stared selling beer in the stadium this year (those leaving were going and drinking out of their own ice chests at half-time) as well as an attempt to keep people from leaving to watch LSU, lol

End result was attendance took another dip this year

Winterborn
January 8th, 2019, 04:08 PM
First thought was why is this topic in the FB forum....

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. TRzx6DHMOsbMWmjhDGLb8gHaFg%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

The Dome doesn't have it and there are other things I would rather have (to be able to tailgating throughout the game) before this. Granted if they did allow this under the current tailgating rules at NDSU, there would be nothing to come out to except ones vehicle and/or trailer.

F'N Hawks
January 8th, 2019, 04:09 PM
Do they sell beer at UND football games? That might be enough to make some Bison fans switch teams. LOL

Haha. Yep, three FULL bars to go along with about 6-8 beer stands setup throughout the place. All the booze you can handle while watching UND run a toss play every 38 secs.

FUBeAR
January 8th, 2019, 04:15 PM
I voted “Have it - like it” because Furman does & I do. Furman does not sell beer in the Stadium.

If I were voting my Mercer side, I would vote “Don’t have it - don’t really care” if that was an option. Mercer sells beer in the Stadium, but I would like the option to go to my Tailgate spot...if I wanted to...so, I guess that’s actually “Don’t have it - want it.”...but don’t mind too much...as long as I can get a COLD BEER, I’m ALL GOOD!

POD Knows
January 8th, 2019, 04:23 PM
Haha. Yep, three FULL bars to go along with about 6-8 beer stands setup throughout the place. All the booze you can handle while watching UND run a toss play every 38 secs.How drunk would you get if you drank a beer every time they ran a toss play or a double reverse.

Kemo
January 8th, 2019, 05:36 PM
I mean, I'm all for it, but most women won't even talk to me afterwards, let alone... wait, what was the topic again?

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2019, 05:38 PM
Don't really care, as it doesn't affect me one way or another, so I have to vote don't need it, even though I don't care.

Silenoz
January 8th, 2019, 05:56 PM
We have it, and WaGriz is always a ghost town in the 3rd quarter. Which is incidentally where we are now getting our ass kicked the most... alongside the 4th quarter.

Bisonoline
January 8th, 2019, 05:59 PM
We have it, and WaGriz is always a ghost town in the 3rd quarter. Which is incidentally where we are now getting our ass kicked the most... alongside the 4th quarter.

I noticed that when we played you. I was like where in the hell did everyone go?????

Thumper 76
January 8th, 2019, 06:00 PM
This thread title was extremely misleading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redbird 4th & short
January 8th, 2019, 06:19 PM
This tailgate thing is ISU's biggest hurdle with game attendance. Our tailgating is pretty strong but spread out .. so by game time, people don't want to come to game. Homecoming sells out, but seats go empty because of tailgating.

I don't 100% know for sure if re-entry is allowed under same ticket at Hancock (ISUr) ... I am pretty sure it is not allowed. Rumor is they will do limited opening of alcohol sales inside stadium within a couple years just because of this. Not sure how they intend to limit it, but they recognize it is keeping fans away.

The alcohol/tailgate factor is only one aspect .. our ISUr fanbase tends to be fair weather by nature ... literally and figuratively.

Redbird 4th & short
January 8th, 2019, 06:21 PM
This thread title was extremely misleading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
niceee ... disappointing for sure.

RootinFerDukes
January 8th, 2019, 07:08 PM
JMU once had re-entry but I felt like it was taken away at some point after 2004, when we really had a burst of fan enthusiasm post-championship.

Our fans left at halftime like a ritual even before the re-entry change, so I doubt it made a difference either way. There was initial complaining because some fans with cars nearby wanted to go drink at their car at the half.

It clearly hasn’t hurt our attendance, despite the initial grumbling.

Redbird 4th & short
January 8th, 2019, 07:30 PM
JMU once had re-entry but I felt like it was taken away at some point after 2004, when we really had a burst of fan enthusiasm post-championship.

Our fans left at halftime like a ritual even before the re-entry change, so I doubt it made a difference either way. There was initial complaining because some fans with cars nearby wanted to go drink at their car at the half.

It clearly hasn’t hurt our attendance, despite the initial grumbling.
so there was no re-entry after a burst ... Thumper, you want this one ?

dewey
January 8th, 2019, 10:00 PM
I voted for "Don't have it and dont want it". I wouldn't want to miss a portion of the 3rd quarter because I had to go out to the tailgating lot and do whatever.

Plus like the Grizzlies fans have stated the atmosphere at the beginning of the 3rd quarter would be disappointing at best.

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
January 8th, 2019, 10:15 PM

We've always had re-entry and always had a slow moving back in crowd and that problem you describe is a new phenom that we never had before so in case anyone was trying to take this as a reason it don't fit. I used to hear the f'n cannon twice on average it seemed before heading back in 5 min. or so into the 3rd quarter.

Plus, it is not like they could really sell more tickets anyway.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 8th, 2019, 10:17 PM
I voted for "Don't have it and dont want it". I wouldn't want to miss a portion of the 3rd quarter because I had to go out to the tailgating lot and do whatever.

Plus like the Grizzlies fans have stated the atmosphere at the beginning of the 3rd quarter would be disappointing at best.

Dewey

Got a TV in the motorhome and don't miss anything. xlolx

I wouldn't have it any other way. My money, my time, I'll do it how I want to do it is my way of thinking.

dewey
January 8th, 2019, 10:22 PM
Got a TV in the motorhome and don't miss anything. xlolx

I wouldn't have it any other way. My money, my time, I'll do it how I want to do it is my way of thinking.I got a TV...I am just missing the motorhome😁

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
January 8th, 2019, 10:33 PM
I got a TV...I am just missing the motorhome

Dewey

Ours is a ****ty old one that works perfect for tailgating so having the TV and satellite setup is probably cost wise more than 1/2 the battle. xlolx

Let me put it this way, reasonable representation but ours is 3-5 yrs. older than this one and a lot of the worthless stuff like the kitchen crap has been discarded.

https://www.autabuy.com/photos/39857792_4719483468366_Original.jpg

Catbooster
January 9th, 2019, 12:12 AM

Dewey
You don't have to go out. They let you stay in the stadium if you want to. ;)

I'd say most of our fans go out to the tailgates at halftime (although I'm not entirely sure, since I'm not in the stadium at halftime to check). I like it. This topic comes up on the Bobcat board at least a couple times a year. Some want them to quit allowing it but most like it. It seems the only reason some want to stop it is that it takes a lot of the fans a good 5 minutes (or more) into the 3rd quarter to make it back to their seats, so they think we give up our home field advantage for the beginning of the 3rd (which is probably at least partially true). I'd like them to make half time longer so everyone has time to get back in before the game starts :D. It is a fairly short time to get out and back in time.

Usually one or two of our group will leave a minute or so before halftime (depending on what's going on in the game) to fire up the grill and get some brats/burgers going, heat up the chili or whatever. Then most of us meet out at the tailgate. Our seats are not all together, so we get together and talk about the first half, maybe eat something and have another beer. It's fun. I'd be disappointed if we couldn't. I'd prefer if everyone was back in their seats by the 2nd half kickoff, but it's their ticket/money (and I don't make it in by then all the time either).

We've been tailgating at all the home games for 20 years or so (since back when we only had a few thousand fans coming to the games). Several families in our group of season pass holders never went to the games but we got them started as much because of the tailgating as watching football. People make fun of casual or bandwagon fans but they help pay the bills for the program. If one member of the family wants to go to the game but another is lukewarm about it, the tailgating can be what gets them there. They can become enthusiastic supporters after spending a few nice fall days in the crowd at an exciting game and having a group to enjoy it with.

Another reason that re-entry works well for us is the weather. On a cold November Saturday it can be really good to go warm up by a fire, in a tent or RV or even just a vehicle at halftime, especially if they have kids.

WileECoyote06
January 9th, 2019, 06:24 AM
Nope. But at an HBCU, nobody leaves for half-time. xlolx

We don't sell beer in our stadium as the state of NC banned general alcohol sales at college athletic events a while ago. They've relaxed that rule to allow alcohol sales at collegiate events, unless it's located on a public campus. They changed the law to allow sales at Charlotte Motor Speedway, which anticipates hosting a football game soon.

NDSUtk
January 9th, 2019, 07:20 AM
Usually one or two of our group will leave a minute or so before halftime (depending on what's going on in the game) to fire up the grill and get some brats/burgers going, heat up the chili or whatever. Then most of us meet out at the tailgate. Our seats are not all together, so we get together and talk about the first half, maybe eat something and have another beer. It's fun. I'd be disappointed if we couldn't. I'd prefer if everyone was back in their seats by the 2nd half kickoff, but it's their ticket/money (and I don't make it in by then all the time either).

Reading this, it makes perfect sense. I'd love to be able to go out, chat with our group and grab a bite to eat. Of course the venue would miss out on some extra concession stand revenue, but I really don't think all that many at NDSU would do it. I know some of our group would jump all over it though!!

wapiti
January 9th, 2019, 09:24 AM
If re-entry cost a 2nd ticket, then I would either not attend at all or would just not re-enter.

Really stupid idea to force a 2nd ticket purchase to re-enter.

When I buy a ticket I want it to be for the entire game.

I also do not understand your poll. The question is just "Re-Entry"
Does than mean I have to buy a 2nd ticket to re-enter or does it mean re-entry is good with the one ticket I already have?

Silenoz
January 9th, 2019, 10:49 AM
We've always had re-entry and always had a slow moving back in crowd and that problem you describe is a new phenom that we never had before so in case anyone was trying to take this as a reason it don't fit. I used to hear the f'n cannon twice on average it seemed before heading back in 5 min. or so into the 3rd quarter.

Plus, it is not like they could really sell more tickets anyway.

I've been going to games since I was 6 or so, so I'm aware. I also used to be a part of that crowd, back when I kind of took things for granted. Now that it takes a miracle for everything to line up and allow me to actually travel over for a game, I won't dare miss a single play. I figure I wait too long for football season, and put too much time and money into making it happen to not see it. And I can get loaded after the game, which considering the usual results anymore, can't happen soon enough.

As far as that being a "reason" for us sucking. I dunno, I definitely don't think it helps. When Reese made that twitter post last year I think he was letting Griz nation know the players would appreciate people sticking around to watch them. You can call that sort of mentality soft or whatever, but WaGriz is supposed to be a homefield advantage for a reason.

Sycamore62
January 9th, 2019, 11:27 AM
I havent read through all your stupid posts but we can barely get people to "entry" to start the game so if they want to "re-entry" after halftime Id be for that. im not sure if the poll means if you go out you are stuck out or if you have to pay to get back in. you can re-entry for free at ISUb, you could re-re-entry and i think you could re-re-re-entry. you could probably talk the ticket people into letting you just walk in for free too.

JayJ79
January 9th, 2019, 12:50 PM
If re-entry cost a 2nd ticket, then I would either not attend at all or would just not re-enter.

Really stupid idea to force a 2nd ticket purchase to re-enter.

When I buy a ticket I want it to be for the entire game.

I also do not understand your poll. The question is just "Re-Entry"
Does than mean I have to buy a 2nd ticket to re-enter or does it mean re-entry is good with the one ticket I already have?

Do you get this upset when pro sports stadiums or concert venues have "no re-entry" policies?
I'd bet most of the NFL games don't allow re-entry

walliver
January 9th, 2019, 12:57 PM
Wofford has a no-reentry policy, and this year started a "clear bag" policy. On the other hand, for a large-enough donation you can drive your car to the Verandah lot inside the stadium and tailgate inside the stadium while watching the game from the end zone.

Back when I was a student in the mid 80's, students could leave and return and we would party in the dorms at halftime. Now than I am older, I find that trying to drink something at halftime means a trip to the bathroom in the 4th quarter, which always seems to be when something interesting happens.

clenz
January 9th, 2019, 01:00 PM
Do you get this upset when pro sports stadiums or concert venues have "no re-entry" policies?
I'd bet most of the NFL games don't allow re-entry
NFL venues are just a tiny bit different than the 120 FCS schools that draw maybe 60% capacity of already pretty small stadiums

ursus arctos horribilis
January 9th, 2019, 01:04 PM
I've been going to games since I was 6 or so, so I'm aware. I also used to be a part of that crowd, back when I kind of took things for granted. Now that it takes a miracle for everything to line up and allow me to actually travel over for a game, I won't dare miss a single play. I figure I wait too long for football season, and put too much time and money into making it happen to not see it. And I can get loaded after the game, which considering the usual results anymore, can't happen soon enough.

As far as that being a "reason" for us sucking. I dunno, I definitely don't think it helps. When Reese made that twitter post last year I think he was letting Griz nation know the players would appreciate people sticking around to watch them. You can call that sort of mentality soft or whatever, but WaGriz is supposed to be a homefield advantage for a reason.

Yeah, there is still about 16,000 in there for the first 5 minutes after half so if you are mentally soft enough that this would bother you as a player I believe this may be one of the problems. I've seen every game ever played in that stadium, never missed one. So I don't really care that a radio guy, a player, or any other fans might have some standard they think needs to be met by me or others that spend our money and our time the way we like to do so. There probably ain't too many that can match my record so I don't take much of their standards too seriously.

I like talking to my friends about what happened having some food and beers with them etc. Tough it out with 15-16k for a few minutes or better yet make us regret we weren't back in our seats at the kickoff.xthumbsupx

walliver
January 9th, 2019, 01:11 PM
I voted “Have it - like it” because Furman does & I do. Furman does not sell beer in the Stadium.

If I were voting my Mercer side, I would vote “Don’t have it - don’t really care” if that was an option. Mercer sells beer in the Stadium, but I would like the option to go to my Tailgate spot...if I wanted to...so, I guess that’s actually “Don’t have it - want it.”...but don’t mind too much...as long as I can get a COLD BEER, I’m ALL GOOD!

Did FU stop selling beer? The last time I was in Traveler's Rest, 2016, they had a little beer stand in a corner of the end zone. Did Bruce Fowler drive the former Baptists to a life of demon alcohol.
http://www.furmanpaladins.com/sports/tickets/PDF-s/Furman-Topshelf-Paladin_Party_Deck_Final.pdf
On the other hand, this may have been for 2016 only ... and they lost all three games at which it was offered. It was a little pricey, but I would be happy to pay $75 to watch the Paladins lose.

FUBeAR
January 9th, 2019, 01:50 PM
Did FU stop selling beer? The last time I was in Traveler's Rest, 2016, they had a little beer stand in a corner of the end zone. Did Bruce Fowler drive the former Baptists to a life of demon alcohol.
http://www.furmanpaladins.com/sports/tickets/PDF-s/Furman-Topshelf-Paladin_Party_Deck_Final.pdf
On the other hand, this may have been for 2016 only ... and they lost all three games at which it was offered. It was a little pricey, but I would be happy to pay $75 to watch the Paladins lose.That’s not really selling beer in the Stadium. That’s selling access to a location where beer & wine are available. I don’t think there is an additional charge for the food/beer/wine for those in the location. I’ve never done it as I prefer to hoof it to my car & hang with my boys during halftime & to sit with them at the top of the upper deck (field house end of the home side), where we have been sitting since 1984 (or earlier)...back when the campus was REALLY dry & there were fewer ‘eyes’ up there looking for ‘smuggled-in’ flasks/beers. But, I heard, at the last home game this season, that some of our younger Football Alums are posting up at The Party Deck during games. I also heard admission there is part of our FFPA/Paladin Club Memberships...So, if that’s the case, the beer (and food) is (essentially) FREE...and a long-held FUBeAR motto has been “If it’s for FREE, it’s for ME!” So, I can let you know next year more about how FU’s Version of Woffy’s Verandah works.

Grizalltheway
January 9th, 2019, 02:04 PM
This, at least in UNI's case, seems to go hand in hand.

Go outside, grab a beer or two, go back in.

UNI has yet to sell beer at football games - though we do at basketball games.

I firmly believe selling beer would keep most people in that might otherwise go out.

This. Everybody comes back at Wa-Griz, but it usually isn't completely full again until near the end of the 3rd quarter.

CenMEBlackBearFan
January 9th, 2019, 03:29 PM
Maine always had re-entry until the 2017 season. I really enjoyed it but at least the University sells beer so one can wander to the beer "garden" and enjoy one if they wish. Works great except for the JSU playoff game where they ran out of beer at halftime xdrunkyx Dam Gamecocks drank us dryxsmhx

dewey
January 9th, 2019, 04:52 PM
Ours is a ****ty old one that works perfect for tailgating so having the TV and satellite setup is probably cost wise more than 1/2 the battle. xlolx

Let me put it this way, reasonable representation but ours is 3-5 yrs. older than this one and a lot of the worthless stuff like the kitchen crap has been discarded.

https://www.autabuy.com/photos/39857792_4719483468366_Original.jpg

If I lived closer to Fargo we would totally have a motorhome and go tailgating to every gamexthumbsupx

Dewey

dewey
January 9th, 2019, 04:54 PM
You don't have to go out. They let you stay in the stadium if you want to. ;)

I'd say most of our fans go out to the tailgates at halftime (although I'm not entirely sure, since I'm not in the stadium at halftime to check). I like it. This topic comes up on the Bobcat board at least a couple times a year. Some want them to quit allowing it but most like it. It seems the only reason some want to stop it is that it takes a lot of the fans a good 5 minutes (or more) into the 3rd quarter to make it back to their seats, so they think we give up our home field advantage for the beginning of the 3rd (which is probably at least partially true). I'd like them to make half time longer so everyone has time to get back in before the game starts :D. It is a fairly short time to get out and back in time.

We've been tailgating at all the home games for 20 years or so (since back when we only had a few thousand fans coming to the games). Several families in our group of season pass holders never went to the games but we got them started as much because of the tailgating as watching football. People make fun of casual or bandwagon fans but they help pay the bills for the program. If one member of the family wants to go to the game but another is lukewarm about it, the tailgating can be what gets them there. They can become enthusiastic supporters after spending a few nice fall days in the crowd at an exciting game and having a group to enjoy it with.

Another reason that re-entry works well for us is the weather. On a cold November Saturday it can be really good to go warm up by a fire, in a tent or RV or even just a vehicle at halftime, especially if they have kids.

Very good points Catbooster. I have a cousin who is a big Bobcats fan so I may try to make it out there for a game next fall.

Dewey

Catbooster
January 9th, 2019, 05:14 PM
Very good points Catbooster. I have a cousin who is a big Bobcats fan so I may try to make it out there for a game next fall.

Dewey
I hope you can make it. If you do, I might even be persuaded to buy you a beer and burger (or whatever we're having at the tailgate that week). xthumbsupx

Silenoz
January 9th, 2019, 05:52 PM
Yeah, there is still about 16,000 in there for the first 5 minutes after half so if you are mentally soft enough that this would bother you as a player I believe this may be one of the problems. I've seen every game ever played in that stadium, never missed one. So I don't really care that a radio guy, a player, or any other fans might have some standard they think needs to be met by me or others that spend our money and our time the way we like to do so. There probably ain't too many that can match my record so I don't take much of their standards too seriously.

I like talking to my friends about what happened having some food and beers with them etc. Tough it out with 15-16k for a few minutes or better yet make us regret we weren't back in our seats at the kickoff.xthumbsupx

I'm not telling anyone what to do, never have, never will. But I think our home field advantage would be "that" much better if we were at full volume and energy for the 3rd quarter. What would that be worth to us? .5 points? .25 points? Better than nothing. Players feed off that energy and I think they deserve it for as long as we can bring it. I think it's a shame, but it is what it is.

I guess that is the same reason I will scream until my throat is shot. Like, what I'm doing is such a non-factor in reality, because it's one voice amongst 25,000. But if that is the straw that breaks the camel's back to force a timeout, or botched snap, or false start, or whatever, it was worth it to me. That's how bad I want to win (or at least how bad I wanted to win when it mattered)

Or UM could be not ****ing stupid, and sell alcohol in the stadium and probably fully fund scholarships while keeping people in the seats. Maybe there's other things blocking that, I dunno.

polsongrizz
January 9th, 2019, 06:43 PM
Do you believe people would actually spend any real amount of money at half time or simply wait/sneak a little something in?

Not me, in the years since I first bought season tickets, 1993, I will bet I have spent less than $20 in our stadium.

dewey
January 9th, 2019, 07:18 PM
I hope you can make it. If you do, I might even be persuaded to buy you a beer and burger (or whatever we're having at the tailgate that week). xthumbsupxSounds awesome. If I make it out there I will definitely let you know.

Thanks.

I will be wearing my standard Bison hat.

Dewey

clawman
January 9th, 2019, 08:31 PM

As you know the state of concessions @ Roos is terrible. There is a beer garden but you have to drink it in there and it is PACKED. The lines at consessions are so long you would not buy and get back to your seat by kickoff. If they would sub the concessions out to private contractor the atletic dept would make LOTS money and provide a better overall experience.
So... EWU needs to allow re-entry or they would have very unhappy fans because of lack of service.

clawman
January 9th, 2019, 08:33 PM
Not me, in the years since I first bought season tickets, 1993, I will bet I have spent less than $20 in our stadium.

WOW, big spender! Way to support your team!!

Bisonoline
January 9th, 2019, 08:43 PM
As you know the state of concessions @ Roos is terrible. There is a beer garden but you have to drink it in there and it is PACKED. The lines at consessions are so long you would not buy and get back to your seat by kickoff. If they would sub the concessions out to private contractor the atletic dept would make LOTS money and provide a better overall experience.
So... EWU needs to allow re-entry or they would have very unhappy fans because of lack of service.

Subbing out may mean a good payout but it doesnt mean quality food, services or a better experience. That is part of there sales pitch BTW. :D
Back in 2010 when we were out there I thought the food was good. They had a polish sausage with slaw on it that was tasty, Of course all of that can change quickly with different administrations.

clawman
January 9th, 2019, 08:55 PM
Subbing out may mean a good payout but it doesnt mean quality food, services or a better experience. That is part of there sales pitch BTW. :D
Back in 2010 when we were out there I thought the food was good. They had a polish sausage with slaw on it that was tasty, Of course all of that can change quickly with different administrations.
Then you know there is 1 upper level and 1 lower level. Private enterprise would have a better system to move buyers through and add concession hawkers, more stands even if they are mini, vending machines, lots of possibilities. Or allow food trucks on site to sell and charge a hefty licensing fee.

Silenoz
January 9th, 2019, 09:40 PM
WOW, big spender! Way to support your team!!

Yeah, why don't you report what your lifetime spending on season tickets for EWU is versus that of one of us. We'll wait. Hell even I bought 4 EWU season tickets once, and no I'm not joking.

JayJ79
January 10th, 2019, 01:03 PM
NFL venues are just a tiny bit different than the 120 FCS schools that draw maybe 60% capacity of already pretty small stadiums

so does this logic mean that a stadium shouldn't allow re-entry if it is at or near capacity, or is it based on stadium size?

FUBeAR
January 10th, 2019, 01:09 PM
so does this logic mean that a stadium shouldn't allow re-entry if it is at or near capacity, or is it based on stadium size?
Clemson’s Memorial Stadium has a capacity of 81,500. It is almost always at or near capacity on game day.

Clemson allows re-entry.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 10th, 2019, 01:13 PM
I'm not telling anyone what to do, never have, never will. But I think our home field advantage would be "that" much better if we were at full volume and energy for the 3rd quarter. What would that be worth to us? .5 points? .25 points? Better than nothing. Players feed off that energy and I think they deserve it for as long as we can bring it. I think it's a shame, but it is what it is.

I guess that is the same reason I will scream until my throat is shot. Like, what I'm doing is such a non-factor in reality, because it's one voice amongst 25,000. But if that is the straw that breaks the camel's back to force a timeout, or botched snap, or false start, or whatever, it was worth it to me. That's how bad I want to win (or at least how bad I wanted to win when it mattered)

Or UM could be not ****ing stupid, and sell alcohol in the stadium and probably fully fund scholarships while keeping people in the seats. Maybe there's other things blocking that, I dunno.

All good points. I appreciate your way as well as my way on it.

BTW, the part where I said "telling me what to do" is more about the actual people that I have heard spout off about the way to attend a Griz game and they were dip****s that jumped on a bandwagon after watching Dave win a chiper etc.

grizband
January 10th, 2019, 03:01 PM
All good points. I appreciate your way as well as my way on it.

BTW, the part where I said "telling me what to do" is more about the actual people that I have heard spout off about the way to attend a Griz game and they were dip****s that jumped on a bandwagon after watching Dave win a chiper etc.Let me guess, same people who stopped coming when Griz hit hard times...

I would prefer if people all returned but the beginning of the 3rd quarter, as it improves the overall atmosphere. Not telling people what to do, it would just be my preference.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

clenz
January 10th, 2019, 03:06 PM
UNI didn't seem to have an issue with it when we were drawing 16-17k almost week in and out between 06-09.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 10th, 2019, 04:15 PM
Let me guess, same people who stopped coming when Griz hit hard times...

I would prefer if people all returned but the beginning of the 3rd quarter, as it improves the overall atmosphere. Not telling people what to do, it would just be my preference.

Well I would prefer it if you just brought a mannequin dressed like ol' ursus and yelled twice as loud until I get in there.:D

Derby City Duke
January 10th, 2019, 04:54 PM
Well I would prefer it if you just brought a mannequin dressed like ol' ursus and yelled twice as loud until I get in there.:D

The mannequin we used to bring to games was named "Herman;" he wore our fraternity letters and had a hinged-door bar shelf built into his back. The back of the shirt was fastened with velcro. Never had a problem bringing him in or out and got zero trouble from what little crowd security we had in those days...

legal age for beer didn't go up to 19 until 1984 and I was already gone when it jumped to 21. Herman was our mobile liquor cabinet. xdrunkyx

REALBird
January 10th, 2019, 05:37 PM
Only the smokers get re-entry. They have a designated door at RA and area at Hancock where u can go out and smoke. I don’t smoke, but I have used it as an excuse to make a run to the car and come back into the stadium. Not sure they really advertise it, but I guess the answer is in some limited capacity.

mvemjsunpx
January 10th, 2019, 05:58 PM
Let me guess, same people who stopped coming when Griz hit hard times...

What I don't get is the people who buy season tickets and never come to the games. The middle sections of the west side have been 1/3 empty every game for several years now, and those are the most expensive season tickets that aren't in boxes or whatever.

clenz
January 10th, 2019, 06:09 PM
What I don't get is the people who buy season tickets and never come to the games. The middle sections of the west side have been 1/3 empty every game for several years now, and those are the most expensive season tickets that aren't in boxes or whatever.Typically corporate seats

Hi unused because the tickets are usually takes as soon as they get them because it's tired to a donation for tax reasons or they get offered to employees who don't take them and they go unused

UNI has that issue in basketball

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

grizband
January 10th, 2019, 07:22 PM
Well I would prefer it if you just brought a mannequin dressed like ol' ursus and yelled twice as loud until I get in there.:DYou supply the mannequin, i'll tell double loud!

ursus arctos horribilis
January 10th, 2019, 08:43 PM
What I don't get is the people who buy season tickets and never come to the games. The middle sections of the west side have been 1/3 empty every game for several years now, and those are the most expensive season tickets that aren't in boxes or whatever.

True, and one of the people I was talking about previously is in that section and absent a lot the last few years. I sit there sometimes but it is pretty loaded with stiffs or was a while back but now with a lot of them gone or not showing at all maybe it is better.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 10th, 2019, 08:46 PM
You supply the mannequin, i'll tell double loud!

I'll start looking for a Smokey the Bearequin first thing tomorrow gb.

Bisonoline
January 10th, 2019, 08:48 PM

Did you say that you have been to every game in Wa grizz stadium? Damn dude that is really something. That is impressive!!!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
January 10th, 2019, 09:18 PM
Did you say that you have been to every game in Wa grizz stadium? Damn dude that is really something. That is impressive!!!!!

Yep. I came to Missoula and started school the year it opened, went to my 3rd Griz game ever (had seen a couple the year before at Dornblaser with a buddy that was already over here) and I have never missed a game since.

You know what the setup is now and where our tailgate is I think. Here is what is funny about that, back then my friend would drive him little POS VW Rabbit style pickup with a keg in the back and we'd watch the game from there at times while tailgating (after 1/2) because there was no North EZ then...you could see some of the field from the street or at least near it by walking over to the berm and watching. You could drive up an hour or so before the game and park anywhere fairly close you wanted to really.

Bisonoline
January 10th, 2019, 09:21 PM
Yep. I came to Missoula and started school the year it opened, went to my 3rd Griz game ever (had seen a couple the year before at Dornblaser with a buddy that was already over here) and I have never missed a game since.

You know what the setup is now and where our tailgate is I think. Here is what is funny about that, back then my friend would drive him little POS VW Rabbit style pickup with a keg in the back and we'd watch the game from there at times while tailgating (after 1/2) because there was no North EZ then...you could see some of the field from the street or at least near it by walking over to the berm and watching. You could drive up an hour or so before the game and park anywhere fairly close you wanted to really.

Thats where you park the motor home.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 10th, 2019, 09:28 PM
Thats where you park the motor home.

Exactly. xlolx

It all worked out very odd like that when we got that spot back in 1995 (I think) that is was the same spot/area. As you can imagine it changed quite a bit over that first 10 year span and by that time you had to put a name in a hat and hope for a good spot...and we got that one.

Bisonoline
January 10th, 2019, 09:29 PM
Exactly. xlolx

It all worked out very odd like that when we got that spot back in 1995 (I think) that is was the same spot/area. As you can imagine it changed quite a bit over that first 10 year span and by that time you had to put a name in a hat and hope for a good spot...and we got that one.

Holy **** that would have been cool back then.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 10th, 2019, 09:45 PM
Holy **** that would have been cool back then.

Yeah it was pretty cool, still is, always has been really. I remember in like 87 I think it was there was a crowd announcement of 7200 and I thought to myself "damn, if we fill this place it is really gonna rock" The capacity was 12k at the time I think.:D