PDA

View Full Version : WKU and Citadel's games against Florida

jessesd
April 9th, 2007, 03:31 PM
How much are WKU (Sept 01, 2007) and The Citadel (Nov 22, 2008) getting paid to play the Gators?

Does anyone knows?

CitadelGrad
April 9th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Are you certain the Citadel and UF are playing in 2008? I think our only FBS game that year is against North Carolina.

jessesd
April 9th, 2007, 07:47 PM
http://www.gatorzone.com/sched.php?sport=footb

2008 Schedule
Current Standings:
Overall(0-0)
SEC(0-0)

DATE OPPONENT SEC SITE TIME GVO* TV RADIO RESULT
Sat Aug 30 Hawaii Gainesville, FL TBA --
Sat Sep 6 Miami (Fla.) Gainesville, FL TBA --
Sat Sep 20 at Tennessee Knoxville, TN TBA --
Sat Sep 27 Ole Miss Gainesville, FL TBA --
Sat Oct 4 at Arkansas Fayetteville, AR TBA --
Sat Oct 11 LSU Gainesville, FL TBA --
Sat Oct 25 Kentucky (HC) Gainesville, FL TBA --
Sat Nov 1 Georgia Jacksonville, FL TBA --
Sat Nov 8 at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN TBA --
Sat Nov 15 South Carolina Gainesville, FL TBA --
Sat Nov 22 Citadel Gainesville, FL TBA --
Sat Nov 29 at Florida State Tallahassee, FL TBA --
All home games in bold.

jessesd
April 9th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Are you certain the Citadel and UF are playing in 2008? I think our only FBS game that year is against North Carolina.

I'm way ahead of you on that one!!

CitadelGrad
April 9th, 2007, 07:50 PM
http://www.gatorzone.com/sched.php?sport=footb

2008 Schedule
Current Standings:
Overall(0-0)
SEC(0-0)

DATE OPPONENT SEC SITE TIME GVO* TV RADIO RESULT
Sat Aug 30 Hawaii Gainesville, FL TBA --
Sat Sep 6 Miami (Fla.) Gainesville, FL TBA --
Sat Sep 20 at Tennessee Knoxville, TN TBA --
Sat Sep 27 Ole Miss Gainesville, FL TBA --
Sat Oct 4 at Arkansas Fayetteville, AR TBA --
Sat Oct 11 LSU Gainesville, FL TBA --
Sat Oct 25 Kentucky (HC) Gainesville, FL TBA --
Sat Nov 1 Georgia Jacksonville, FL TBA --
Sat Nov 8 at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN TBA --
Sat Nov 15 South Carolina Gainesville, FL TBA --
Sat Nov 22 Citadel Gainesville, FL TBA --
Sat Nov 29 at Florida State Tallahassee, FL TBA --
All home games in bold.

That just doesn't look right. I can't imagine us playing an FBS team that late in the season. I've checked with some other guys on the Citadel message board and they are also unaware of a game with Florida in 2008.

Pageoner
April 9th, 2007, 09:25 PM
i know its not FCS but Hawaii/Florida is gonna be a hell of a game
too bad they wont have Colt Brennan

jessesd
April 10th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Usually between the South Carolina and the FSU game used to be a BYE week until last year when they allowed the extra money game.
Either way, the game is on for sure is already posted at the Florida site and they always do their scheduling at least two years ahead.

813Jag
April 10th, 2007, 07:56 AM
I was going to say the Gators played Western Carolina late in the season. But jessied is on top of the game today.

Killtoppers90
April 10th, 2007, 08:58 PM
How much are WKU (Sept 01, 2007) and The Citadel (Nov 22, 2008) getting paid to play the Gators?

Does anyone knows?
We are getting a cool $500,00 for the slaughter/season opener in The Swamp. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/orl-colbeat1406dec14,0,818755.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines-college

Fresno St. Alum
April 10th, 2007, 09:03 PM
get em a body bag

g-webb1994
April 11th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Yes, the Gators romp over WKU in the opener, but don't be totally surprised if WKU doesn't hang at least 20 or so points on the Gators. UF is replacing all but two starters on defense.

I don't envy WKU, or anyone else for that matter, trying to defend Mr. Tebow, however!:D

jessesd
April 11th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Yes, the Gators romp over WKU in the opener, but don't be totally surprised if WKU doesn't hang at least 20 or so points on the Gators. UF is replacing all but two starters on defense.

I don't envy WKU, or anyone else for that matter, trying to defend Mr. Tebow, however!:D

I won't count on that. The current gator bench is rather big and most of them could be starters in any FCS school from day one. That game is going to be fun to watch as a gator alumni, but the score is going to be bloody!!! WKU may score one field goal and maybe one touch down in fourth quarter when the Gators bring on the dogs, but not much more than that. They are already getting criticized for having an easy schedule; therefore they may inflate the score. xtwocentsx

Killtoppers90
April 11th, 2007, 08:49 PM
I won't count on that. The current gator bench is rather big and most of them could be starters in any FCS school from day one. That game is going to be fun to watch as a gator alumni, but the score is going to be bloody!!! WKU may score one field goal and maybe one touch down in fourth quarter when the Gators bring on the dogs, but not much more than that. They are already getting criticized for having an easy schedule; therefore they may inflate the score. xtwocentsx
It is just gonna be UGLY! We will be lucky to score 14 points in this one and that is when the chatter will start about WKU should have never left FCS. Either way, we will need plenty of body bags!