December 22nd, 2018, 09:16 AM
......AH GOT NUFFIN’........BRAWK!

citdog
December 22nd, 2018, 11:20 AM
......AH GOT NUFFIN’........BRAWK!

That's what Henrietta said....

RootinFerDukes
December 22nd, 2018, 01:21 PM
I’m glad the Bison trolls got their way. Might as well call this the 2019 Massacre thread since we’re now a one bid league that is lucky enough to get fed the Pioneer Football League’s scraps.

KPSUL
December 22nd, 2018, 04:39 PM
I’m glad the Bison trolls got their way. Might as well call this the 2019 Massacre thread since we’re now a one bid league that is lucky enough to get fed the Pioneer Football League’s scraps.

No point in trying to lure the NDSU guys back into a pissing contest; they are all over on the Frisco Role call thread already planning their celebration party.

citdog
December 22nd, 2018, 04:57 PM
The caa will receive far fewer bids in 2019. The Citadel will beat towson in Charleston to open the season and then a xouple of weeks later The 'Dogs will THRUST all over elon.

cx500d
December 22nd, 2018, 05:02 PM
No point in trying to lure the NDSU guys back into a pissing contest; they are all over on the Frisco Role call thread already planning their celebration party.
You guys miss us don’t you? Always trying to entice us back. The problem is it CAAn’t work this time, we are busy building a new trophy case

RootinFerDukes
December 22nd, 2018, 08:07 PM
You guys miss us don’t you? Always trying to entice us back. The problem is it CAAn’t work this time, we are busy building a new trophy case

Your moral victories get trophies too? Some would call those participation trophies.

RootinFerDukes
December 22nd, 2018, 08:09 PM
The caa will receive far fewer bids in 2019. The Citadel will beat towson in Charleston to open the season and then a xouple of weeks later The 'Dogs will THRUST all over elon.

I look forward to bumping this post for a hearty LOL

citdog
December 22nd, 2018, 09:34 PM
Google racist attempted murder at Lehigh

MR. CHICKEN
December 23rd, 2018, 08:58 AM

...........NEW COACH.....LOST SENIORS......ME THINKS....SOME BUFFALOES....’MONG.....BIZONSSSSS..IN YOUSE....SIGNING LIST.......IT MAY FINALLY BE OVERAH.....FCS............xhypedxxhypedx.......... .BRAWK!

whoanellie
December 23rd, 2018, 01:03 PM
A lot of coaches being recruited within the conference at both the Head and assistant coaching ranks.

KPSUL
December 23rd, 2018, 02:02 PM
Why would a small state military school want to start its season with two likely loses before going to GT for a beat down?

TribeNomad1
December 28th, 2018, 04:26 PM
Will be interesting to see the changes with new coaches at:
W&M
JMU
Maine
Elon

hoidOfYolen
December 28th, 2018, 06:20 PM
Will be interesting to see the changes with new coaches at:
W&M
JMU
Maine
Elon

I think Maine got the short end of the stick in this roulette. They had a void in their defensive scheme when both Harisymiak and their DC left, and they should have hired from the outside someone who could preserve their strengths, which are defense and special teams. Harisymiak was a big reason their defense thrived, and losing their DC is going to hurt. They better hope their new DC can pick up where they left off, because their defense was absolutely remarkable and it would be a shame to see that falter. Instead of hiring a defensive guy they hired their OC. I guess they couldn't entice anyone outside of the program with the 150k salary.

Elon on the other hand has preserved their defensive strength by hiring their DC as their new head coach and kept their OC from moving away, which is huge. Folmar, their OC, seemed hindered in playcalling by Cignetti's addiction to running the ball up the middle. Hopefully they'll be able to balance out the offense and be able to play to their strengths: Cheek's arm and outside runs with Thomas's speed.

CenMEBlackBearFan
December 30th, 2018, 08:08 AM
I think Maine got the short end of the stick in this roulette. They had a void in their defensive scheme when both Harisymiak and their DC left, and they should have hired from the outside someone who could preserve their strengths, which are defense and special teams. Harisymiak was a big reason their defense thrived, and losing their DC is going to hurt. They better hope their new DC can pick up where they left off, because their defense was absolutely remarkable and it would be a shame to see that falter. Instead of hiring a defensive guy they hired their OC. I guess they couldn't entice anyone outside of the program with the 150k salary.

Elon on the other hand has preserved their defensive strength by hiring their DC as their new head coach and kept their OC from moving away, which is huge. Folmar, their OC, seemed hindered in playcalling by Cignetti's addiction to running the ball up the middle. Hopefully they'll be able to balance out the offense and be able to play to their strengths: Cheek's arm and outside runs with Thomas's speed.

Holy crap holdofYolen, think you have more insight into UMaine than Maine fans have, well you think do. I don't believe our DC was going to be hired as the HC as Hetherman is more suited as a DC than a HC, good for JMU. From what I understand the AD had several conversations with Harasymiak about his inevitable departure and subsequent replacement. They all felt Charlton the OC had the skills to be the HC. I like the fact we have 16 returning players and feel Harasymiak's biggest loss will be in the recruiting end. Joe has a great personality and being a NJ guy he recruiting well from that area, it will be hurt Maine unless Charlton can replace a DC or OC from that neck of the woods or have someone on the staff that can do that. Charlton at 30yrs old the youngest HC in FCS is one sharp guy and thinking he will address these concerns.

Herder
December 30th, 2018, 08:45 AM
Why would a small state military school want to start its season with two likely loses before going to GT for a beat down?

Did you see GT lay down gently for MN? I wouldn’t worry about that one.

mainejeff
December 30th, 2018, 09:31 AM
Maine loses assistant D coach Birkett to JMU as well. Is JMU done hiring their f***ing staff yet? xrolleyesx

RootinFerDukes
December 30th, 2018, 01:16 PM
Maine loses assistant D coach Birkett to JMU as well. Is JMU done hiring their f***ing staff yet? xrolleyesx

Word is we’re about to hire Bananas the Bear. He’s tired of being paid in banana peels.

KPSUL
December 30th, 2018, 08:59 PM
Word is we’re about to hire Bananas the Bear. He’s tired of being paid in banana peels.

Good choice, he's a much better mascot than that goofy dog with the cape and crown you guys currently have.

RootinFerDukes
December 30th, 2018, 09:49 PM
Good choice, he's a much better mascot than that goofy dog with the cape and crown you guys currently have.

You're now longer UNH's best poster on here for speaking such blasphemy. I'll go with the poster with the wildcat kitten. I forgot his/her name.

edit: UNHWildcat18. It's also not a kitten, just a regular wild cat.

KPSUL
December 31st, 2018, 05:51 PM
You're now longer UNH's best poster on here for speaking such blasphemy. I'll go with the poster with the wildcat kitten. I forgot his/her name.

That's a relief! I was posting so many positive things about the Dukes lately, I was worried some AGS members might think I'm a JMU fan.

whoanellie
January 5th, 2019, 12:22 PM
Elon additions to the football staff have a thread of familiarity to the current coaches https://elonphoenix.com/news/2019/1/4/football-trisciani-announces-first-additions-to-coaching-staff.aspx

Gangtackle11
January 5th, 2019, 04:37 PM
Elon additions to the football staff have a thread of familiarity to the current coaches https://elonphoenix.com/news/2019/1/4/football-trisciani-announces-first-additions-to-coaching-staff.aspx

Crocker is a good coach. He got a raw deal at UConn. xpeacex

whoanellie
January 5th, 2019, 05:29 PM
It sounds like it, UConn seems like a dumpster fire. I was not a fan of Edsall at Maryland but all things considered, We have to be pleased with the transition of our new coaching leadership.
Crocker is a good coach. He got a raw deal at UConn. xpeacex

UNHWildcat18
January 5th, 2019, 06:22 PM

I feel like the dad in a Christmas story when he wins the lamp.

Also yes I had to look up a real wild-cat lol

RootinFerDukes
January 5th, 2019, 07:00 PM

Just don’t let your wife break that lamp.

RootinFerDukes
January 5th, 2019, 07:01 PM
With the caa more wide open than it’s been in awhile, we can now legitimately ask, who is favored to win the caa next year?

KPSUL
January 5th, 2019, 08:48 PM

My Dad? I'm old enough to be your grandpa! If my AGS name was based on yours, I'd be Wildcat77

hoidOfYolen
January 5th, 2019, 09:34 PM
With the caa more wide open than it’s been in awhile, we can now legitimately ask, who is favored to win the caa next year?

Favored? JMU for sure. They return sooooo much, and even though he's not my favorite right now, Cignetti is an excellent coach. They'll have no problem dunking on most teams next year.

Gangtackle11
January 6th, 2019, 09:01 AM
Top 5 Candidates to be playoff team:
JMU - loaded with a solid coach.
Elon - talented & will be fine with new staff
Towson - Flacco to continue to give CAA opponents nightmares.
Maine - got a taste of it. Losing dynamic coach hurts a bit.
UNH - they started to figure it out. They will be back in the playoff hunt.

Top Candidates to be a disappointment:
Delaware - wants to be known as big time again, but the talent says no.
Villanova - headed to the cushy academic PL in a few seasons with Talley in his rocker.
Richmond - don’t see how they improve enough
Stony Brook - need to rebuild a bit
Rhode Island - expectations too high for a 20+ year fledgling program.

Expect more of the same:
Albany (losing) - Could be the 1st CAA coach to be unemployed

Surprise to the upside:
William & Mary - see improvement, but still not a playoff team.

Mattymc727
January 6th, 2019, 11:38 AM
Not sure who the QB is at UNH next year, that will determine whether they are 8-3 or 3-8

caribbeanhen
January 6th, 2019, 12:59 PM
Good early synopsis gangtackle

Delaware needs about about as many talented transfers as Villanova has fans, 4 to 6 Should get it done xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
January 6th, 2019, 04:15 PM
Favored? JMU for sure. They return sooooo much, and even though he's not my favorite right now, Cignetti is an excellent coach. They'll have no problem dunking on most teams next year.

This is just my opinion and I’m not trying to invalidate yours. You just lost a coach and it’s always hard to not have hard feelings when you’re passionate about your team.

I’ll say this. The way Cignetti left Elon and Houston left JMU, at least what has been publicly known, couldn’t be more night and day.

Houston took advantage of all parties and likely lied to benefit himself. Directly contradicted his own past statements. Drug the whole process out and frankly didn’t look too concerned to lose to Colgate as the timing was convenient.

Cignetti was quiet. Then boom, JMU coach. I’d rather it be that way honestly. Better than the **** JMU had to put up with for 10 days.

He’s also publicly acknowledged, thanked and congratulated Elon. He spoke fondly of Trisciani and Elon as a program. it seemed sincere. He’s been pretty frank so far... but Houston seemed frank too until he wasn’t.

KPSUL
January 6th, 2019, 11:20 PM
This is just my opinion and I’m not trying to invalidate yours. You just lost a coach and it’s always hard to not have hard feelings when you’re passionate about your team.

I’ll say this. The way Cignetti left Elon and Houston left JMU, at least what has been publicly known, couldn’t be more night and day.

Houston took advantage of all parties and likely lied to benefit himself. Directly contradicted his own past statements. Drug the whole process out and frankly didn’t look too concerned to lose to Colgate as the timing was convenient.

Cignetti was quiet. Then boom, JMU coach. I’d rather it be that way honestly. Better than the **** JMU had to put up with for 10 days.

He’s also publicly acknowledged, thanked and congratulated Elon. He spoke fondly of Trisciani and Elon as a program. it seemed sincere. He’s been pretty frank so far... but Houston seemed frank too until he wasn’t.
For some reason, I guess to close the CAA book on Houston, I watched his intro press conference at ECU. He was too gung-ho, same philosophy expressed coming to JMU but on steroids and sounding contrived and little less convincing. I briefly checked the ECU message board and saw some skepticism there as well. It will be interesting to see how he does turning a program around that is starting where ECU currently is. After the 2016 year I thought he was ready for the SEC, not so sure now.

Derby City Duke
January 7th, 2019, 01:25 PM
Who is this Mike Houston person of whom you speak? xcoffeex

hoidOfYolen
January 7th, 2019, 02:07 PM
My take:

JMU - Loaded, will probably be in the top 2 in the nation going into next year.
Elon - New staff will have a hard time keeping the momentum going, but has the talent to JMU again. There are questions on both sides of the ball that need to be addressed, though.
Towson - Flacco isn't the only weapon on this team, and Towson will continue to be a force to be reckoned with.
Rhode Island - The question of a new QB to replace Lawson will haunt this team, but they seem to have the talent to compete. Aaron Parker will be hard to stop. Parker is for sure going to be getting NFL looks his senior season.
Maine - Losing their HC and DC will hurt them a lot, but they are still really talented, and they won't be out of the running at any point.

Delaware - Compared to their expectations, Delaware might be a disappointment, but they still won't be bad. Lots of up-and-coming defensive talent.
Stony Brook - How many starters return on defense? Losing Donald Liotine, Joe Carbone, and Jordan Gowins will hurt on offense. Need to rebuild a bit.
Maine - Even though I have them in my top 5, I still think they will be a disappointment to their expectations. Don't underestimate how much losing a good coach and staff hurts.

Expect more of the same:
Villanova - Has some talent coming back, but I don't see them gaining much ground.
Richmond - Don't know much about Richmond, but I expect them to be similar to last year.
UNH - Losing their two biggest offensive weapons will force this team to rediscover their strengths. I expect it will take time throughout the season for UNH to catch their stride, and will drop too many games early.

Surprise to the upside:
Albany - I actually see Albany coming into the season with some hunger and knocking off a couple teams. They could end up middle of the pack next year.
William & Mary - More of the same, but with more potential for upside than Nova/Richmond.

RootinFerDukes
January 7th, 2019, 02:44 PM
I believe Lawson was a senior for URI this year. They'll have a new QB.

Gangtackle11
January 7th, 2019, 03:11 PM
Good early synopsis gangtackle

Delaware needs about about as many talented transfers as Villanova has fans, 4 to 6 Should get it done xpeacex

Good one C-hen...proves even a blind dirty filthy bird can find his chicken feed now & then. xpeacex

hoidOfYolen
January 7th, 2019, 03:19 PM
I believe Lawson was a senior for URI this year. They'll have a new QB.

Good point. URI's website isn't up to date at all. I'll fix my post.

KPSUL
January 7th, 2019, 06:15 PM
My take:

JMU - Loaded, will probably be in the top 2 in the nation going into next year.
Elon - New staff will have a hard time keeping the momentum going, but has the talent to JMU again. There are questions on both sides of the ball that need to be addressed, though.
Towson - Flacco isn't the only weapon on this team, and Towson will continue to be a force to be reckoned with.
Rhode Island - The question of a new QB to replace Lawson will haunt this team, but they seem to have the talent to compete. Aaron Parker will be hard to stop. Parker is for sure going to be getting NFL looks his senior season.
Maine - Losing their HC and DC will hurt them a lot, but they are still really talented, and they won't be out of the running at any point.

Delaware - Compared to their expectations, Delaware might be a disappointment, but they still won't be bad. Lots of up-and-coming defensive talent.
Stony Brook - How many starters return on defense? Losing Donald Liotine, Joe Carbone, and Jordan Gowins will hurt on offense. Need to rebuild a bit.
Maine - Even though I have them in my top 5, I still think they will be a disappointment to their expectations. Don't underestimate how much losing a good coach and staff hurts.

Expect more of the same:
Villanova - Has some talent coming back, but I don't see them gaining much ground.
Richmond - Don't know much about Richmond, but I expect them to be similar to last year.

Surprise to the upside:
Albany - I actually see Albany coming into the season with some hunger and knocking off a couple teams. They could end up middle of the pack next year.
William & Mary - More of the same, but with more potential for upside than Nova/Richmond.

You listed Maine twice, UNH not at all.

hoidOfYolen
January 8th, 2019, 08:17 AM
You listed Maine twice, UNH not at all.

Listing Maine twice was intentional, leaving UNH out was not. Fixed my post.

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2019, 07:17 PM
Good one C-hen...proves even a blind dirty filthy bird can find his chicken feed now & then. xpeacex

Nova football fan jokes never slump GT.....

kdinva
January 10th, 2019, 09:05 AM
UR assistant Sparky Woods is moving on to UNC to work for Mack Brown, per footballscoop.com.....

UAalum72
January 23rd, 2019, 12:59 PM
Elijah Ibitokun-Hanks announces he’s transferring out of Albany

Gangtackle11
January 23rd, 2019, 01:07 PM
Hey Carrib,

Did Kim Kardashian of DE get a post season bowl or NFL Combine invite? I saw Adderley, but no sign of Kim.

Just curious. xpeacex

KPSUL
January 23rd, 2019, 02:14 PM

Probably a mistake for him. Any idea where he is going?

UAalum72
January 23rd, 2019, 02:18 PM
Probably a mistake for him. Any idea where he is going?
No word yet. His father said he wasn’t getting enough carries with the more pass-oriented offense that came in last year. He’s graduating this spring with one year eligibility left.

CenMEBlackBearFan
January 23rd, 2019, 02:39 PM
No word yet. His father said he wasn’t getting enough carries with the more pass-oriented offense that came in last year. He’s graduating this spring with one year eligibility left.

We had one like that last year and he led all of FCS in rushing. We managed to have our best finnish in school history after his departure, go figurexnodx

Henny
January 24th, 2019, 06:25 PM
Hey Carrib,

Did Kim Kardashian of DE get a post season bowl or NFL Combine invite? I saw Adderley, but no sign of Kim.

Just curious. xpeacex

Not sure why you want to continue to insult Troy. I guess being the leading tackler in the CAA last season doesn't cut it for you.

BTW - Troy has been to several invite only NFL sanctioned workouts and he'll be in an NFL camp, book it.

Gangtackle11
January 24th, 2019, 07:39 PM
Not sure why you want to continue to insult Troy. I guess being the leading tackler in the CAA last season doesn't cut it for you.

BTW - Troy has been to several invite only NFL sanctioned workouts and he'll be in an NFL camp, book it.

Thanks for the update. I saw 14 tackles in 3 games. I was just wondering since Adderley is the talk of the NFL.

Take a cold shower Uncle Henny & cool down. I’m just busting on the “Football School” in our not so much a rivalry anymore. xpeacex

PS: Some don’t think the Kardashian family is an insult. Might actually be a compliment for some. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
January 27th, 2019, 09:15 AM
Villanova Football Awards banquet winners:

The Battle of the Blue MVPs:
Offense: Aaron Forbes RB, Sr.
Defense: Drew Wiley LB, RS Jr.

Top Newcomer:
William Benford DB, Fr. (Jerry Rice Finalist - CAA Defensive Rookie of the Year.)

Special Teams:
Chucky Smith DB RS Jr.

Iron Man Awards:
Offense: Jarrett McClenton Sr. WR
Defense: Bryan White Sr. NT

Top Lineman:
Jafonta Johnson Sr.

Top Student-Athlete:
Simon Bingelis TE RS Jr.

Team MVPs:
Offense: Aaron Forbes RB
Defense: Drew Wiley LB

RootinFerDukes
January 27th, 2019, 03:16 PM

I’m surprised he has years of eligibility left. It seems like he’s been on Albany’s roster for seven years.

KPSUL
January 27th, 2019, 08:20 PM
I’m surprised he has years of eligibility left. It seems like he’s been on Albany’s roster for seven years.

Pretty sure he got a medical redshirt for 2017. They tried rushing him back in August for 2017 pre-season practice nine months after ACL surgery and he reinjured it. These transfers late in a player's college career don't seem to go well. Couple that with how hard it is for a running back to come back all the way after a serious ACL injury and I'm guessing he's making a mistake.

RootinFerDukes
January 27th, 2019, 09:31 PM
Pretty sure he got a medical redshirt for 2017. They tried rushing him back in August for 2017 pre-season practice nine months after ACL surgery and he reinjured it. These transfers late in a player's college career don't seem to go well. Couple that with how hard it is for a running back to come back all the way after a serious ACL injury and I'm guessing he's making a mistake.

Yeah. With his injury history and one year of eligibility, I would be surprised if any programs higher up the food chain than Albany offer him a scholarship and the guarantee of a meaningful amount of carries.

Then again, I thought the same thing of Josh Mack and then Falwell took him under his wing.

CenMEBlackBearFan
February 6th, 2019, 09:10 PM
Maine has 14 NLI's today with a couple of players who had FBS offers. Maine does not usually get this caliper of player, guess we are seeing the results of this past season.
https://goblackbears.com/news/2019/2/6/football-national-signing-day-2019.aspx

Gangtackle11
February 8th, 2019, 09:04 AM
Should be any day now that Nova announces their new coordinators. OC is close & can be named very soon. Sources say they have a DC in mind, but are some details to work out. xpeacex

hoidOfYolen
February 8th, 2019, 02:20 PM
Which schools still have to nail down their staff in the CAA? I know Elon has finalized theirs and it's looking really good

UAalum72
February 8th, 2019, 08:42 PM
Which schools still have to nail down their staff in the CAA? I know Elon has finalized theirs and it's looking really good
Albany defensive line coach Delbert Cowsette was hired to the same position at his alma mater, Maryland, on Jan. 30, so that's open now.

https://247sports.com/college/maryland/Article/Maryland-Football-Delbert-Cowsette-Hired-as-Defensive-iIne-Coach-128454079/

RootinFerDukes
February 9th, 2019, 09:40 AM
JMU only had two recruits flip from their verbal commitments.

Rick D’Abreu followed Houston to ECU after Houston said he wouldn’t try to recruit any JMU commitments. Why even make a public comment if you’re not going to honor it?

A two or so day verbal commitment after the Cignetti hire, we lost Knox Kadum to the Chokies. The urge to watch Clemson dominate you must be strong. Their school national championship case continues to collect more dust with each passing year.

Note that Cignetti poached zero Elon verbals, or even tried to that I am aware of.

RootinFerDukes
February 9th, 2019, 09:51 AM
The highlight of JMU’s small 2019 class of only 13 signees, three Good Counsel players from MD.

Jalen Green, 3 star DE
Julio Ayamel, 3 star LB
Latrele Palmer, 2 star RB

Two other two star RBs, including CJ Jackson who I’m pretty excited about.

All together the thirteen in the class consist of two 3 stars and seven 2 stars.

whoanellie
February 9th, 2019, 11:25 AM
just an observation with all of the transfers on the JMU roster it does seem like the may be maxed out at scholarships but I believe the roster in also soon to be flushed with PWO's. No pity parties from down south.
The highlight of JMU’s small 2019 class of only 13 signees, three Good Counsel players from MD.

Jalen Green, 3 star DE
Julio Ayamel, 3 star LB
Latrele Palmer, 2 star RB

Two other two star RBs, including CJ Jackson who I’m pretty excited about.

All together the thirteen in the class consist of two 3 stars and seven 2 stars.

RootinFerDukes
February 9th, 2019, 12:00 PM
After a quick glance at both schools’ 2019 rosters, I see six FBS transfers for JMU and zero for Elon. There was one FCS transfer. JMU would probably have another 5-7 if you start counting FCS or lower levels.

Did Cignetti attempt to recruit transfers? He hasn’t picked one up yet so far at JMU.

TJT
February 10th, 2019, 02:49 PM
Field turf and lights at URI appear to be ahead of schedule. May actually be in place by next season as all funding now seems secure:

Rams announce football class

By William Geoghegan Sports Editor / The independent
Feb 6, 2019

http://www.independentri.com/sports/article_270a9f72-2a5c-11e9-b793-8f3e1434de3b.html

Fleming also offered an update on Meade Stadium improvements, which he said are on track.

“Absolutely thrilled that I’m having to deal with an alternate spot for the spring game, if in fact we’re ripping up the grass in Meade, because that thing is full speed ahead,” Fleming said. “I understand everything is right on track and the good people at the University of Rhode Island who are responsible for driving this thing are just clicking things right off. We will, God willing, be playing Delaware under the lights the second week of the season.”

RootinFerDukes
February 10th, 2019, 04:36 PM
It’s great to see URI invest in improving their football facility. Not having lights to play night games in 2018 is just not acceptable.

KPSUL
February 10th, 2019, 07:34 PM
URI is a great place to watch a game. The stands on the Ryan Center side give you an outstanding view, they are steep and very close to the field. You enter them from the top through the Ryan center - a heated enclosed area where concessions are located that overlooks the playing field. It's like having a club level area for the whole West stands.

fc97
February 11th, 2019, 09:30 AM
After a quick glance at both schools’ 2019 rosters, I see six FBS transfers for JMU and zero for Elon. There was one FCS transfer. JMU would probably have another 5-7 if you start counting FCS or lower levels.

Did Cignetti attempt to recruit transfers? He hasn’t picked one up yet so far at JMU.

He got 1, but I wouldn't use that as a measurement. Elon is always a little weird on transfers. The only transfers Elon typically gets as a whole are JUCO or CC transfers into University for baseball. Football has always been light if any at all. We get the feeling that the chools kinda frowns on it.

hoidOfYolen
February 11th, 2019, 10:37 AM
He got 1, but I wouldn't use that as a measurement. Elon is always a little weird on transfers. The only transfers Elon typically gets as a whole are JUCO or CC transfers into University for baseball. Football has always been light if any at all. We get the feeling that the chools kinda frowns on it.

We got one transfer from Cincinnati this year, and I think he's on campus. His brother plays Baseball for Elon, which might have been a factor in him choosing to transfer to us.

maine612
February 11th, 2019, 11:07 AM
Maine has 14 NLI's today with a couple of players who had FBS offers. Maine does not usually get this caliper of player, guess we are seeing the results of this past season.
https://goblackbears.com/news/2019/2/6/football-national-signing-day-2019.aspx

Very fired up about this class!!

NEBison
February 15th, 2019, 10:13 AM
How's Delaware looking going into next year? It looks like they lose a bunch of guys.

Gangtackle11
February 15th, 2019, 11:11 AM
How's Delaware looking going into next year? It looks like they lose a bunch of guys.

Nothing to worry about unless you are a Howard or Bucknell Bison. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
February 15th, 2019, 11:13 AM
Still waiting on Nova to name new OC/DC. Getting late in the game boys. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
February 15th, 2019, 12:10 PM

.....WE'LL BE LUCKY......TA GET BAH...DUH HORNETS...xsighx.....SO JES' SEND YER SCOUT TEAM.....AN'......BEST LOOKIN' CHEER-CHICKS...xwhistlex.....AWK!

RootinFerDukes
February 15th, 2019, 04:20 PM

Y’all are good. Also any bison fans wanting a ticket in New-Ark will be able to walk up and buy one. The hennies aren’t what they used to be.

bluehenbillk
February 18th, 2019, 08:54 AM

The expectations are down from last year. There may be a QB battle in spring practice between Kehoe & Henderson. OL & DL are issues again this year. The LB & DB corps were decimated by graduation so they'll be rebuilding in those areas or trying to shift positions & grab a transfer or two... Most likely not a playoff year as things look in February, but ask again in August.

RootinFerDukes
February 18th, 2019, 06:46 PM
I haven’t been this bored and unsure in an off season since 2015-2016. The last time we lost to Colgate.

MR. CHICKEN
February 19th, 2019, 01:25 PM
I haven’t been this bored and unsure in an off season since 2015-2016. The last time we lost to Colgate.

.....CHEER UP DOOKIE....YOUSE COOD BE LOOKIN' AT UH UD/WM&M/ALBANY ROSTER.....TA START DUH SEASON.........SAVE DUH SAND....FO' DUH BEACH....NO NEED TA BAG IT.......AWK!

hoidOfYolen
February 19th, 2019, 02:38 PM

I'm surprised. You guys seem stacked for next year. If you can figure out your QB situation you'll be unstoppable. I'm holding out hope that you don't though :D

Mattymc727
February 20th, 2019, 10:58 AM
Not a good offseason for UNH, 4 LBs arrested and suspended due to a fight with a fraternity. First time in a long time for a program like UNH. Must be all that free time for not making the playoffs....

PurpleStreamers
February 20th, 2019, 01:46 PM
Not a good offseason for UNH, 4 LBs arrested and suspended due to a fight with a fraternity. First time in a long time for a program like UNH. Must be all that free time for not making the playoffs....

Hate to hear this for any program and definitely unusual for a Coach Mac team. Hope everyone is ok and learns from their mistakes (and/or that it's not anyone crucial to on-field ha). It's funny you mention the "free time" thing cause I know at JMU it always seems like the down times are when more of this kind of stuff has shown up (see later-era Mickey Matthews teams). Probably an unanswerable chicken/egg situation.

RootinFerDukes
February 20th, 2019, 02:44 PM
.....CHEER UP DOOKIE....YOUSE COOD BE LOOKIN' AT UH UD/WM&M/ALBANY ROSTER.....TA START DUH SEASON.........SAVE DUH SAND....FO' DUH BEACH....NO NEED TA BAG IT.......AWK!

UD/WM/UA? Who are those? We're too busy chasin' Bizzon, Phoenix, Wildcats (some of them) and Raiders (apparently).

RootinFerDukes
February 20th, 2019, 02:47 PM

That situation is still small potatoes compared a situation in the late Mickey Matthews years where two players were dismissed from the team after their drug deal gone bad resulted in a female swimming athlete getting shot as they tried to stiff the dealer. I believe she ended up being okay at the time.

Mattymc727
February 21st, 2019, 06:41 AM
That situation is still small potatoes compared a situation in the late Mickey Matthews years where two players were dismissed from the team after their drug deal gone bad resulted in a female swimming athlete getting shot as they tried to stiff the dealer. I believe she ended up being okay at the time.

Football wise its not good, I think they only have 6-7 LBs on the team, now 4 are gone....

It was a pretty good defensive unit last year as well.

TJT
February 21st, 2019, 11:01 AM
URI is a great place to watch a game. The stands on the Ryan Center side give you an outstanding view, they are steep and very close to the field. You enter them from the top through the Ryan center - a heated enclosed area where concessions are located that overlooks the playing field. It's like having a club level area for the whole West stands.

The Ryan Center is the basketball arena at URI that opened in 2002. The concourse level with its concessions and restrooms are lined with glass windows and doors that lead to the top of the west stands. The Ryan Center luxury suite level is above the concourse and also looks down on the field.

https://fastly.4sqi.net/img/general/width960/545_lBIs2bb0AZrrUvF_IqVzR7LczqVKrgmiAu8hK0f2O0Q.jp g

Meade Stadium is sorely in need of upgrading. Field turf and lights is a good start. The east stands need a major overhaul. There were some future conceptual drawings commissioned some 15 years ago that have never been acted on. This is what they envisioned:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7529/15651685546_281c039d9b_o.jpg

RootinFerDukes
February 21st, 2019, 11:27 AM
That would be a really nice football facility for URI. Leaders have to support it and fund raise.

TJT
February 21st, 2019, 12:08 PM
That would be a really nice football facility for URI. Leaders have to support it and fund raise.

That is the great quandary at URI. School officials have not wanted to spend more money unless the program showed some signs of success. Any program success in the very competitive CAA is however predicated on increased investment. It has therefore been a stalemate with this past season being the first winning record in the last 17 years.

hoidOfYolen
February 21st, 2019, 01:46 PM
I think URI should upgrade its football program production quality before upgrading the stands (with the exception of lights, those are just a must).

Gangtackle11
February 22nd, 2019, 12:35 PM
Former Villanova All-American QB Chris Boden named Offensive Coordinator at his alma Mater. Boden has been coaching in the JUCO ranks at ASA in Miami, FL.

Hired Ola Adams from current staff for DC position.

Henny
February 26th, 2019, 07:25 PM
All CAA center Mario Farinella was granted a sixth year of eligibility today. He was injured the first game of the 2016 season and didn't play another down that year.

bluehenbillk
February 27th, 2019, 07:46 AM
All CAA center Mario Farinella was granted a sixth year of eligibility today. He was injured the first game of the 2016 season and didn't play another down that year.

That's a big addition for the Hens for next year. The O-line hasn't been a real strength in Newark for too long. Farinella, when healthy, is as good as anyone UD has so having him come back helps that unit greatly. Just have to keep trying to fill some other positions of need now....

caribbeanhen
February 27th, 2019, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the update. I saw 14 tackles in 3 games. I was just wondering since Adderley is the talk of the NFL.

Take a cold shower Uncle Henny & cool down. I’m just busting on the “Football School” in our not so much a rivalry anymore. xpeacex

PS: Some don’t think the Kardashian family is an insult. Might actually be a compliment for some. xpeacex

GT, Not sure why Troy Reeder didn't have his best games against Nova but saying you saw 14 tackles in 3 games means you missed about 100 tackles last year...

caribbeanhen
February 27th, 2019, 09:22 AM

getting Mario back for another year is just like getting a good transfer, we needed one and maybe another one up front....

Gangtackle11
February 27th, 2019, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=caribbeanhen;2755342]GT, Not sure why Troy Reeder didn't have his best games against Nova but saying you saw 14 tackles in 3 games means you missed about 100 tackles last

Im thinking his mom may have been doing the stats. I certainly didn’t see (in person) this great LB, but I’ll take your word for it. Then again it’s been a long time seeing anyone from Delaware play great against Nova this past decade.

All kidding aside (or maybe not), I wish the young lad (going to be 25 this year -geez) much luck at the next level. xpeacex

Henny
March 1st, 2019, 11:49 AM
[QUOTE=caribbeanhen;2755342]GT, Not sure why Troy Reeder didn't have his best games against Nova but saying you saw 14 tackles in 3 games means you missed about 100 tackles last

Im thinking his mom may have been doing the stats. I certainly didn’t see (in person) this great LB, but I’ll take your word for it. Then again it’s been a long time seeing anyone from Delaware play great against Nova this past decade.

All kidding aside (or maybe not), I wish the young lad (going to be 25 this year -geez) much luck at the next level. xpeacex

I'll be glad to keep you up on Troy's progress in the NFL since you seem so interested.xthumbsupx

Gangtackle11
March 1st, 2019, 02:29 PM
[QUOTE=Gangtackle11;2755449]

I'll be glad to keep you up on Troy's progress in the NFL since you seem so interested.xthumbsupx

He may just be an NFL player, but it may be helpful to hide the Nova- Delaware game videos from the NFL scouts. xlolx xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
March 1st, 2019, 10:25 PM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gangtackle11 again."

I don't want to. He slays the dirty birds like no other.

MR. CHICKEN
March 2nd, 2019, 08:12 AM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gangtackle11 again."

.......TUFF OUT....FO' SHURE..........BEATS TEMPLE/DELAWARE......AN' SPENDS REST UH SATURDAYS.......POLISHIN'.....JAY WRIGHT'S....LAMBO.....xsighxxsighxxsighx....BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
March 2nd, 2019, 10:38 AM
.......TUFF OUT....FO' SHURE..........BEATS TEMPLE/DELAWARE......AN' SPENDS REST UH SATURDAYS.......POLISHIN'.....JAY WRIGHT'S....LAMBO.....xsighxxsighxxsighx....BRAWK!

Just a little feather busting fun for the fans of the great football school in the 302. The pendulum will turn eventually. Nova is a hoops school that placates a few alum & fans by playing what many here think is inferior level of football. That said we own the Dirty Filthy Birds in the sport they care about. I feel your pain dirty filthy ‘Birds fans. Maybe this year? Probably not. xpeacex

Now we sit & wait for the 5 80 year old gohens.net fans to respond. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
March 3rd, 2019, 07:39 AM
Just a little feather busting fun for the fans of the great football school in the 302. The pendulum will turn eventually. Nova is a hoops school that placates a few alum & fans by playing what many here think is inferior level of football. That said we own the Dirty Filthy Birds in the sport they care about. I feel your pain dirty filthy ‘Birds fans. Maybe this year? Probably not. xpeacex

.....AT DUH ASSISTED LIVIN'.........DEY KEEP US CONTROLLED.....WHIFF TAINTED APPLESAUCE...xsighx...&.......SALTPETER....IN DUH INSTANT POTATOES.....MAKES US FO'GET....'BOUT DUH GIRLS....xsighx....OWN-LAH READIN' MATERIAL.......2003 SPORTS SECTIONS.........FEDERAL CRIME....TA HARASS.....SENIORS.......SO.....LET US WIN ONE.....HUH?......xembarrassedx.....BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
March 3rd, 2019, 07:44 AM

GT, word is on the street that your not exactly a sprung Chicken yourself......but yep, the BlueHen fan base is pretty old, and I would have to say that is not only a problem for Delaware, but alot of college football fan bases arent getting any younger...... now has anyone seen my iphone........ haha

caribbeanhen
March 3rd, 2019, 07:47 AM

Dukey, I heard your teeth are dirty, since you havent been able to hold a tube of toothpaste for the last 3 months

Gangtackle11
March 3rd, 2019, 10:50 AM
GT, word is on the street that your not exactly a sprung Chicken yourself......but yep, the BlueHen fan base is pretty old, and I would have to say that is not only a problem for Delaware, but alot of college football fan bases arent getting any younger...... now has anyone seen my iphone........ haha

At least u have a fan base. I saw 18-19k last November in the Tub. xpeacex

PS: I’m a man of the streets, but there is no word on me....xpeacex

Gangtackle11
March 3rd, 2019, 11:04 AM
Dukey, I heard your teeth are dirty, since you havent been able to hold a tube of toothpaste for the last 3 months

Switched to Crest. He’s good. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
March 3rd, 2019, 11:23 AM
......SHOOD USE....SENSODYNE........HE'S UH TAD IRRITABLE......FO' USUALLY....CONFERENCE CHIMPS....UH CHUMPS......ER UMM....CHAMPS...........AWK!

RootinFerDukes
March 4th, 2019, 06:29 PM

The one time I went to a UD game, there was an odd mix of 80% walkers and oxygen tanks and 20% fine co-Ed’s of JMU quality.

RootinFerDukes
March 4th, 2019, 06:31 PM
......SHOOD USE....SENSODYNE........HE'S UH TAD IRRITABLE......FO' USUALLY....CONFERENCE CHIMPS....UH CHUMPS......ER UMM....CHAMPS...........AWK!

It’s double champs to you, chikadee. Dat sixteen year old trophy is collectin dust in NEW ARK BRAWK!

Legendary coach and his sunglasses are now enjoying transferville Tejas.

Gangtackle11
March 4th, 2019, 09:49 PM
The one time I went to a UD game, there was an odd mix of 80% walkers and oxygen tanks and 20% fine co-Ed’s of JMU quality.

Kinda like a Anna Nicole Smith marriage. xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
March 5th, 2019, 07:25 AM
Kinda like a Anna Nicole Smith marriage. xpeacex

A funny joke, but I promise these UD ladies were light years ahead of Anna Nicole. She’s not really my type. I like them a bit more... real.

Gangtackle11
March 5th, 2019, 09:57 AM
A funny joke, but I promise these UD ladies were light years ahead of Anna Nicole. She’s not really my type. I like them a bit more... real.

but were the oxygen tank/walkers ahead of her 90 year old billionaire hubby? xpeacex

Gangtackle11
March 6th, 2019, 11:32 AM
Not sure this was noted before. Kid is talented, but this is troubling if found guilty to say the least:

https://www.pressherald.com/2019/02/07/umaine-football-star-arrested-charged-with-domestic-violence-assault/

xpeacex

hoidOfYolen
March 6th, 2019, 12:51 PM
Not sure this was noted before. Kid is talented, but this is troubling if found guilty to say the least:

https://www.pressherald.com/2019/02/07/umaine-football-star-arrested-charged-with-domestic-violence-assault/

xpeacex

That's terrible. I hope there's an investigation and due diligence is done, and also that the victim is okay.

caribbeanhen
March 6th, 2019, 01:23 PM

xpeacex

Generally speaking a freshman in college on the football team is too young to be a married man

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 6th, 2019, 02:12 PM
Generally speaking a freshman in college on the football team is too young to be a married man

If found guilty most Maine fans feel they will be looking for a new RB.
This makes two years in a row losing a quality RB, first Mack transfers to Liberty and now this.:(
Guess I missed the part where it said he was marriedxconfusedx

caribbeanhen
March 6th, 2019, 02:29 PM
If found guilty most Maine fans feel they will be looking for a new RB.
This makes two years in a row losing a quality RB, first Mack transfers to Liberty and now this.:(
Guess I missed the part where it said he was marriedxconfusedx

Yes, I associated Domestic as married, the article does say the victim was a female so no need for to speculate further about the deep woods in winter..... I remember him vs Jacksonville State and Weber, he was good..... real shame

ncspiderfan
March 6th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Looks like Spiders losing one of our best weapons.

Also RB Jay Palmer gone as well, do not know if he is a transfer or just left.

University of Richmond's first spring practice was March 1, and Dejon Brissett, the program's top receiver and pro prospect, was in uniform and involved. He is no longer a Spider.

Since then, Brissett determined that he will use his final season of eligibility elsewhere as a graduate transfer, a school spokesman confirmed Wednesday afternoon. Brissett, a 6-foot-2 180-pounder from Ontario, Canada, was named first team All-CAA two seasons ago, when he made 63 catches for 896 yards (7 touchdowns).

Last year, he suffered a season-ending ankle injury on Sept. 13 during a 35-27 win at Saint Francis. In three games, Brissett made 16 receptions for 299 yards and one touchdown. He was also the FCS leader in kickoff returns after three games. He averaged 51.5 yards on four returns and brought back one of those 94 yards for a TD at SFU.

KPSUL
March 6th, 2019, 05:35 PM
At the rate we're going in the CAA, they could form a winning program with the players self-destructing in the off-season this year!

KPSUL
March 6th, 2019, 05:36 PM
Yes, I associated Domestic as married, the article does say the victim was a female so no need for to speculate further about the deep woods in winter..... I remember him vs Jacksonville State and Weber, he was good..... real shame

North of Portland, domestic partner includes livestock.

UNHWildcat18
March 7th, 2019, 07:20 AM

This one gave me a good chuckle

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 7th, 2019, 10:41 AM

Figured we would hear this from UNH who has farm animals on campus and a degree in livestock managementxnodx

KPSUL
March 7th, 2019, 11:38 AM
Figured we would hear this from UNH who has farm animals on campus and a degree in livestock managementxnodx

True, but that's where we learn to keep'em outdoors.

caribbeanhen
March 7th, 2019, 01:05 PM
At least u have a fan base. I saw 18-19k last November in the Tub. xpeacex

PS: I’m a man of the streets, but there is no word on me....xpeacex

Next time you visit the Tub GT it will have a different look..... Stadium Renovations are in progress..... the relic box car Press box is coming down, not sure of the future of the Pee wall....

Photos from "Cams"

https://www.henshots.com/Football/2019/Delaware-Stadium-Renovations-/

UAalum72
March 7th, 2019, 01:33 PM
Bill Nesselt, previously Director of Football Operations and Outside Linebacker Coach, has been named Defensive Line Coach at Albany. He had played DL at UMass and coached at Maryland, Ferrum and UMass.

Curome Cox has been named Albany Cornerbacks Coach. Previously coached DBs at UConn, before that at Coastal Carolina, and a grad assistant at Maryland. Played DB at Maryland, and with the Denver Broncos and Houston Texans.

We think that completes the Albany staff for the year.

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 7th, 2019, 02:44 PM
True, but that's where we learn to keep'em outdoors.

One year without the Musket and see what happensxpeacex

KPSUL
March 8th, 2019, 12:15 PM
The best news for UNH in some time, former Payton award winner QB Ricky Santos back at UNH as Associate Head Coach and QB Coach.

https://unhwildcats.com/news/2019/3/8/SantosHired19.aspx

Derby City Duke
March 8th, 2019, 01:11 PM
Next time you visit the Tub GT it will have a different look..... Stadium Renovations are in progress..... the relic box car Press box is coming down, not sure of the future of the Pee wall....

Photos from "Cams"

https://www.henshots.com/Football/2019/Delaware-Stadium-Renovations-/

"Save the pee wall"

Maybe the UDers can start a GoFundMe to do so. If not being kept, maybe they can move that wall outside as a monument to the glory days -- you know, kind of like the slabs of the Berlin Wall that are all around the world...

GoBlueHens83
March 9th, 2019, 10:04 AM
I didn't see this posted yet. Here is a link to the live web cams for the Delaware Stadium renovations in case anyone wants to check it out.

https://bluehens.com/feature/WACConstruction

RootinFerDukes
March 10th, 2019, 02:23 PM

I say I say I say... mr chicken knows where to stop migrating north. BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
March 11th, 2019, 09:51 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30238&stc=1[QUOTE=UAalum72;2746616[B]]Elijah Ibitokun-Hanks announces he’s transferring out of Albany....MAY AH SUGGEST........DELAWARE........WE'RE THINNER @ RB..........DAN.......GANGTACKLE's.......COMB-OVER.....xsighx....BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
March 11th, 2019, 12:52 PM
https://villanova.com/news/2019/3/11/villanova-announces-2019-football-schedule.aspx

Henny
March 11th, 2019, 01:42 PM
https://villanova.com/news/2019/3/11/villanova-announces-2019-football-schedule.aspx

November 16
LIU Brooklyn
Villanova, Pa.

That has to be an error.

Gangtackle11
March 11th, 2019, 02:55 PM
November 16
LIU Brooklyn
Villanova, Pa.

That has to be an error.

Nope. New member of the FCS participating in the NEC. No worse than the bunch of tomato cans seen on CAA schedules in recent past. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
March 11th, 2019, 03:03 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30238&stc=1[QUOTE=UAalum72;2746616[B]]Elijah Ibitokun-Hanks announces he’s transferring out of Albany....MAY AH SUGGEST........DELAWARE........WE'RE THINNER @ RB..........DAN.......GANGTACKLE's.......COMB-OVER.....xsighx....BRAWK!

LoL. Coming from a varmint with a red pompadour & 2 milk cans from a 1960s porn star hanging from your chin. xpeacex

Seawolf97
March 11th, 2019, 08:28 PM
November 16
LIU Brooklyn
Villanova, Pa.

That has to be an error.
Former CW Post Pioneers D2 -now LIU Brooklyn and brand new D1 program

caribbeanhen
March 11th, 2019, 09:25 PM
Former CW Post Pioneers D2 -now LIU Brooklyn and brand new D1 program

I bet they won't actually be playing in Brooklyn though

Gangtackle11
March 12th, 2019, 06:06 AM

The football team will play on Long Island as will a few other sports. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
March 12th, 2019, 06:09 AM
BTW: Nova starts Spring practices today. xpeacex

dunbar
March 12th, 2019, 07:01 AM
The football team will play on Long Island as will a few other sports. xpeacex

All sports. Brooklyn is on Long Island.

Gangtackle11
March 12th, 2019, 07:08 AM

Read this article. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsday.com/amp/sports/college/liu-post-liu-brooklyn-1.21416636

“Teams that will compete at the Post campus are baseball, men’s and women’s cross country, equestrian, field hockey, football, men’s and women’s golf, men’s and women’s lacrosse, women’s rowing, women’s rugby, men’s and women’s soccer, women’s tennis and men’s wrestling.
The Brooklyn campus will be home to men’s and women’s basketball, women’s bowling, women’s fencing, women’s ice hockey, softball, women’s swimming, men’s and women’s track and field, women’s volleyball and women’s water polo.”

xpeacex

UAalum72
March 12th, 2019, 07:15 AM
But the CW Post campus is in Brookville, Nassau County, not in Brooklyn, Kings County. The original bet was that they won't be playing in Brooklyn.

MR. CHICKEN
March 12th, 2019, 07:55 AM
BTW: Nova starts Spring practices today. xpeacex

.........SO DOES.......YOU-DEE..........AWK!

dunbar
March 12th, 2019, 07:57 AM
Read this article. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsday.com/amp/sports/college/liu-post-liu-brooklyn-1.21416636

“Teams that will compete at the Post campus are baseball, men’s and women’s cross country, equestrian, field hockey, football, men’s and women’s golf, men’s and women’s lacrosse, women’s rowing, women’s rugby, men’s and women’s soccer, women’s tennis and men’s wrestling.
The Brooklyn campus will be home to men’s and women’s basketball, women’s bowling, women’s fencing, women’s ice hockey, softball, women’s swimming, men’s and women’s track and field, women’s volleyball and women’s water polo.”

xpeacex

Read a map. Brooklyn is on Long Island. Whether or not a program is based on the Brooklyn or Post campus, it's all on the island.

MR. CHICKEN
March 12th, 2019, 08:10 AM
Nope. New member of the FCS participating in the NEC. No worse than the bunch of tomato cans seen on CAA schedules in recent past. xpeacex

........WHAA NOT......'NOVA.......SKED....ONE UH DUH.....DOWNINGTOWN'S.....xeyebrowx......AN' YA'S...WON'T GET LOST....TRYIN' TA FIND DUH PLACE.....:D....BRAWK!

GaelsFootball
March 12th, 2019, 09:16 AM
There is no more LIU “Brooklyn”. It will simply be Long Island U (CW Post and LIU BK unifying athletic departments)
Football will stay on the “Post” campus. And given their regional success on D2 level they will have no trouble competing for NEC titles in a few short years.
Not a bad game to schedule for CAA teams

On a side note, while BK and Queens may be part of the same land mass as Long Island please don’t associate us together 😆

MR. CHICKEN
March 12th, 2019, 09:39 AM
............AH’M CORNFUSED.......6/7 OPINIONS.....WHICH IS IT.......xconfusedx.... BRAWK!

UAalum72
March 12th, 2019, 10:40 AM
King’s County/Borough of Brooklyn is physically on Long Island but is part of the City of New York. Nobody there thinks of being on The Island (or as one poster called himself, being in Lawn-guy Land.)

Once on Friends Joey was surprised he had to take a bridge to Staten Island. “I thought it was just a name, like, you know, Long Island.”

Gangtackle11
March 12th, 2019, 12:12 PM
King’s County/Borough of Brooklyn is physically on Long Island but is part of the City of New York. Nobody there thinks of being on The Island (or as one poster called himself, being in Lawn-guy Land.)

Once on Friends Joey was surprised he had to take a bridge to Staten Island. “I thought it was just a name, like, you know, Long Island.”

LIU-Brooklyn is located on Flatbush & Dekalb Avenue. The “BROOKLYN” Nets play right down the street. Not sure how it’s close to the LIU-Post campus in Brookville. Not sure how anyone from there has ever said Brooklyn was part of LI. It’s not from a NYer’s prospective, but if you insist. Have at it. xpeacex

BTW the map says 30.2 miles apart. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
March 12th, 2019, 12:15 PM
........WHAA NOT......'NOVA.......SKED....ONE UH DUH.....DOWNINGTOWN'S.....xeyebrowx......AN' YA'S...WON'T GET LOST....TRYIN' TA FIND DUH PLACE.....:D....BRAWK!

or we can schedule the mighty Hornets of Delaware State because most years Downingtown East/West HS would be a tougher opponent. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
March 12th, 2019, 03:41 PM
LIU-Brooklyn is located on Flatbush & Dekalb Avenue. The “BROOKLYN” Nets play right down the street. Not sure how it’s close to the LIU-Post campus in Brookville. Not sure how anyone from there has ever said Brooklyn was part of LI. It’s not from a NYer’s prospective, but if you insist. Have at it. xpeacex

BTW the map says 30.2 miles apart. xpeacex

the Dodgers once played on Flatbush

yep, LIU football not playing in Brooklyn for sure and a recent trip down dekalb tells me football is the soccer ball ⚽️ type.

Gangtackle11
March 12th, 2019, 05:33 PM
Queens has claimed The Hamptons & Brooklyn lays dibs on Patchogue based on the new world map of “Dunbar the Conqueror.” xsmiley_wixxpeacex

dunbar
March 12th, 2019, 05:47 PM
Long Island is a geographical mass.

Brooklyn and Queens are on it.

Culturally, no, they aren’t a part of Long Island, but they physically are.

GaelsFootball
March 12th, 2019, 10:09 PM
Long Island is a geographical mass.

Brooklyn and Queens are on it.

Culturally, no, they aren’t a part of Long Island, but they physically are.

If you really want to get technical it’s not even an island 😮

In all seriousness while I love more local D1 football not sure how I feel about this move. As someone who was once recruited by Post and had many friends attend and play sports at Post, not one of them took classes at BK campus. It rly is two totally separate schools in reality.

GaelsFootball
March 12th, 2019, 10:11 PM
Easily over an hour away from each other. Over two hours when traffic.

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 13th, 2019, 07:09 AM
If you really want to get technical it’s not even an island 

In all seriousness while I love more local D1 football not sure how I feel about this move. As someone who was once recruited by Post and had many friends attend and play sports at Post, not one of them took classes at BK campus. It rly is two totally separate schools in reality.

GaelsFootball, Thanks for the insight of LongIsland and how LIU is constructed with the 2 campuses. Also enjoyed getting Warren Smith from you guys as he lead as to he CAA championship and a first round win over App. State in 2011 one of the few transfers that panned out for us. Sorry about your program ending though.xpeacex

caribbeanhen
March 13th, 2019, 07:33 AM
Read a map. Brooklyn is on Long Island. Whether or not a program is based on the Brooklyn or Post campus, it's all on the island.

according to the subway map, Long island starts at the last subway stop....

dunbar
March 13th, 2019, 07:39 AM
Hmmmmmm... no kidding. Supreme Court ruled 9-0 it was a peninsula back in 1985.

Motion to rename the school Long Peninsula University. More FCS schools is a good thing, but the academic aspect of this seems unfeasible.

KPSUL
March 13th, 2019, 09:29 AM
Merrimack College is also making the move to the NEC, it's a multi year process and they still are playing a majority of their games vs Div 2 competition in 2019. I wondering if these transitioning teams will count as Div 1 opponents this season? Merrimack is playing URI in 2019 and U of Rhode Island is actually NOT located on an Island either.

caribbeanhen
March 13th, 2019, 09:45 AM
Merrimack College is also making the move to the NEC, it's a multi year process and they still are playing a majority of their games vs Div 2 competition in 2019. I wondering if these transitioning teams will count as Div 1 opponents this season? Merrimack is playing URI in 2019 and U of Rhode Island is actually NOT located on an Island either.

I did not know this.....Merrimack College? Wow

Could the Merchant Marines and the Coast Guard Academy be to far behind?

whoanellie
March 13th, 2019, 02:54 PM
I am all for additions to the !-aa FCS ranks it is my assumption that once a school reaches the FCS level those games Do count as official victories or losses, The Pioneer Schools are counted as official division wins as Ivy's although the later do not join in on tournament.
The school that now has to be scratching ones head is why Hofstra dropped football. ???

caribbeanhen
March 14th, 2019, 09:17 AM

and speaking of Staten Island, Frankie Boy, first Mafia Boss to be gunned down in over 30 years, gets 6 to the chest in front of his Staten Island house

Gangtackle11
March 14th, 2019, 11:44 AM
and speaking of Staten Island, Frankie Boy, first Mafia Boss to be gunned down in over 30 years, gets 6 to the chest in front of his Staten Island house

ahh the good old days....Big Pauly Castellano in front of Sparks Steak house....the start of the Gotti era.xpeacex

Gangtackle11
March 14th, 2019, 11:56 AM
1st Spring practice:

https://twitter.com/novafbrecruit/status/1105852607141167104?s=21

RootinFerDukes
March 14th, 2019, 01:38 PM

The Jets play in New Jersey. The Redskins in Maryland. What's your point?!

RootinFerDukes
March 14th, 2019, 01:45 PM
So how is long island not an island? Does the East River not exist in reality?

I was told as a kid that an island is surrounded by water on all sides and this map thingy-ma-doohicker sure looks like there's water on all sides.

caribbeanhen
March 14th, 2019, 04:07 PM
The Jets play in New Jersey. The Redskins in Maryland. What's your point?!

I guess the point was no football fans left in Brooklyn today If there ever was any too begin with

dunbar
March 15th, 2019, 08:32 AM
I did not know this.....Merrimack College? Wow

Could the Merchant Marines and the Coast Guard Academy be to far behind?

Those of us at Hockey East schools seem to forget that Merrimack wasn't a full Division I school already. It's like when Lowell moved up from the NE10 to America East. Most thought they were Division I already, non-hockey schools were the only ones to make a big deal out of it.

MR. CHICKEN
March 16th, 2019, 09:03 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30276&stc=1.........NOVA.....SKEDS......LIU BROOKLYN........IS DAT UH CHINESE EATERY.....IN DUH BOWLES....UH NEW YAWK...xdontknowx......ADDS....THREE PASTRIES......FROM PAISTRIOT CONFERENCE.....&.....UH DEPLETED DELAWARE......MAINLINE STRENGTH UH SKED.....SOARS TA TRIPLE DIGITS.......GEESH.....DEY'RE ALL READY DANCIN'.......:(...........BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
March 16th, 2019, 10:01 AM
Just curious if the LIU Brooklyn game is still a go on after Franky Boy takes 6 to the chest in front of NYC home, .... I say that because when I saw that Villanova had scheduled this eyebrow raiser I was thinking underworld connections........ the fallout from this Mob hit could filter all the way down to Gangtackle's fall schedule .....

Gangtackle11
March 16th, 2019, 10:12 AM
Just curious if the LIU Brooklyn game is still a go on after Franky Boy takes 6 to the chest in front of NYC home, .... I say that because when I saw that Villanova had scheduled this eyebrow raiser I was thinking underworld connections........ the fallout from this Mob hit could filter all the way down to Gangtackle's fall schedule .....

Tread lightly....I have plenty of friends still from the old neighborhood who would love a trip to Carribean....xpeacex

Gangtackle11
March 16th, 2019, 10:20 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30276&stc=1.........NOVA.....SKEDS......LIU BROOKLYN........IS DAT UH CHINESE EATERY.....IN DUH BOWLES....UH NEW YAWK...xdontknowx......ADDS....THREE PASTRIES......FROM PAISTRIOT CONFERENCE.....&.....UH DEPLETED DELAWARE......MAINLINE STRENGTH UH SKED.....SOARS TA TRIPLE DIGITS.......GEESH.....DEY'RE ALL READY DANCIN'.......:(...........BRAWK!

MR. DROOPY TONCILES: WE ARENT THAT GOOD TO BE DANCIN’. DOUBT THE CATS GO .500 IN CAA, BUT ILL TAKE IT IF THEY DOODLE-DOO!!

caribbeanhen
March 16th, 2019, 10:31 AM
Tread lightly....I have plenty of friends still from the old neighborhood who would love a trip to Carribean....xpeacex

Trust me on this GT, The Dominican Republic was a Franky Boy gettaway...... maybe we can get Nova on the Caribbean schedule, but will need a college football team first....

Little Stevie
March 19th, 2019, 08:33 AM
https://fbschedules.com/rhode-island-to-play-at-pitt-in-2022/

Nice add to schedule.

Anthony215
March 19th, 2019, 12:48 PM
https://fbschedules.com/rhode-island-to-play-at-pitt-in-2022/

Nice add to schedule.

Great guarantee for a bus road trip. It's about a 9 hour bus ride so I'm sure to pocket the majority of that $450k they'll bus it Thursday morning, do a walk through Friday and leave Saturday after the beatdown ooops I mean game lol.

ncspiderfan
March 22nd, 2019, 05:00 PM
W&M Running Back Nate Evans killed in Norfolk Thursday Night

https://www.dailypress.com/sports/william-and-mary/dp-spt-wm-nate-evans-0323-story.html

What terrible news for this young man's family, friends and teammates.

Thoughts and prays to them all.

ST_Lawson
March 27th, 2019, 09:10 AM
Hey CAA folks (and especially Spider fans), got any info about these guys (beyond what's listed on their bios)?
Kevin Johnson, QB: https://richmondspiders.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2979
Deontez Thompson, RB: https://richmondspiders.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3008
Both have announced that they are doing grad transfers to WIU for their final year of eligibility. Just wondering if these guys look like they might jump right into starting roles, or if they're more likely "depth" guys (we're pretty thin at both positions).

RootinFerDukes
March 27th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Interesting to see both of those UR players end up at WIU. They’re significant offensive losses for UR. Not sure what’s going on over there.

I think Kevin Johnson was once a JMU verbal commitment who flipped to UR.

Henny
March 27th, 2019, 07:38 PM
Danny Rocco's son David is the co offensive coordinator at WIU

Don't shoot the messenger Spiders!

caribbeanhen
March 27th, 2019, 11:14 PM
Hey CAA folks (and especially Spider fans), got any info about these guys (beyond what's listed on their bios)?
Both have announced that they are doing grad transfers to WIU for their final year of eligibility. Just wondering if these guys look like they might jump right into starting roles, or if they're more likely "depth" guys (we're pretty thin at both positions).

I was hoping Rocco would bring Kevin Johnson to Delaware

He start of the playoff game two years ago and looked pretty good To me

Gangtackle11
March 28th, 2019, 05:15 AM
I was hoping Rocco would bring Kevin Johnson to Delaware

He start of the playoff game two years ago and looked pretty good To me

Im not sure Johnson would be much of an improvement if any over either Kehoe or Henderson. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
March 28th, 2019, 05:50 AM
Im not sure Johnson would be much of an improvement if any over either Kehoe or Henderson. xpeacex

not now, when Rocco was hired Joe Walker was QB

Henderson is really going to push Kehoe, he gives the Hens some mojo at the QB position

MR. CHICKEN
March 28th, 2019, 07:33 AM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30334&stc=1.....UMM HUUMMM....QB POSITION SUSPECT......HOWERVERAH......BIGGER FISH TA FRY.....NEED TA REPLACE 8 STARTERS ON D.....LB's/DB's......ESPECIALLY....REEDER EVEN TOOK HIS POOCH...:(.....OURAH GRADUATIN' SR. WR's......WOODAH BEEN SCOUT [email protected] ISLAND...xnodx.....LAST YEAR'S WEAKNESS....OFFENSIVE LINE....WHIFF MOST INTACT......NOW TOUTED AS OURAH STRENGTH...xconfusedxxconfusedx....STADIUM IS IN DIS-ARRAY......WHERE'S DUH BAFF-ROOM...xdontknowx......&.....AH DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE AH SIT...ANYMO'...xeekx...NORFF DAKOTAH STATE....COMIN' TA NEWARK....AN' NOT FO' DUH GROTTOS...xsmhx...HENS TRAVEL TA PITT...AN' WE ALL KNOW...HOW DAT TURNED OUT....DUH LAST TIME....xembarrassedx...AN' WE GET TA FINISH UP......ON MAIN-LINE........WHERE WILDCATS......HAVE PERMANENTLY..... ENCASED DUH TROPHY.....IN CEMENT...xslapfightx.....AN' YA'S NEED UH....GRAND CANYON MULE......TA GET DOWN MAIN STREET.....DIS SUMMER....xbawlingx......BRAWK!

KPSUL
March 28th, 2019, 05:27 PM

Thompson's best season by far was 2016 when he went from #3 RB at the start of the Season to #1 in just a couple games due to injuries to a couple other RBs. He ended up with 1000+ yard rushing. 2017 he was a preseason 1st Team All Conference RB, but was bothered with injuries and ran for a total of about 300 yards. Last season I heard his production was way down again but I didn't pay much attention to Richmond in 2018 - UNH didn't play them and they were eliminated from playoff contention pretty early in the season.

whoanellie
March 28th, 2019, 06:01 PM
not a bad perk, for the third straight year the Elon football junior class takes a spring break to Costa Rica on a service mission and also partake of what Costa Rica has in store like rainforests and extreme natural habitat. not badd

ncspiderfan
April 2nd, 2019, 10:24 PM
If your team is thin at these positions do not be surprised if these guys compete hard to be your starters, especially Thompson. IMHO he is better than stats show if he stays healthy.

Have a lot of respect for Johnson. He gave up his redshirt to QB team in playoffs the year Lauletta when down in season's final game and got two wins before Spiders went down hard to Eastern Washington, then redshirted again the next year, so the guy basically ran the scout team for two years for his team waiting on Lauletta to leave, then got hurt as the starter about three games in and backup kept the job when Johnson returned. All our QBs had tough years last year even with a good receiving corps(even after Brisett lose for season), throwing 18 picks if I remember the stat correctly, behind a patched Oline (our one senior played all three positins during the year to keep it patched together), so I will give Johnson a little bit of slack.

They were both Rocco recruits so I have no idea if they were worried about playing time behind Huesman's recruits or not, as Spiders will have some youngers players at each position. My guess is a new style offense than what they were recruited for might have been part of the decisions and who knows how personalities works in to these decisions.

I have nothing bad to say about either of these guys.

Gangtackle11
April 3rd, 2019, 10:53 AM
- - - Updated - - -

not now, when Rocco was hired Joe Walker was QB

Henderson is really going to push Kehoe, he gives the Hens some mojo at the QB position

He does, but Nova LBs used him for target practice a few times. Needs to learn when to cluck,chuck,& duck. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
April 13th, 2019, 06:58 PM
Spring practice update from the Main Line:

https://kywnewsradio.radio.com/articles/spring-football-update-villanova-wildcats-0 (https://kywnewsradio.radio.com/articles/spring-football-update-villanova-wildcats-0)

Gangtackle11
April 25th, 2019, 05:23 AM
Nice article on Villanova OL Brandon Hitner & his NFL prospects:

https://herosports.com/nfl/draft-fcs-villanova-brandon-hitner-offensive-line-ajaj

GSUsTALON
April 25th, 2019, 06:38 PM
CAA fans
Do the Maine Black Bears have their own sports forum?

CenMEBlackBearFan
April 26th, 2019, 06:49 AM
CAA fans
Do the Maine Black Bears have their own sports forum?

Sort of, it is part of a general Maine sports forum. mbr.org and look for UMaine athletics forum from there.
UMaine has their end of season blue/white scrimmage tomorrow, hoping the rain is done by noon for this onexnodx

BDKJMU
May 15th, 2019, 12:06 PM
JMU gets 1 year transfer- PSU WR Brandon Polk. Listed PSU bio 5'9"/179, so a small WR.
https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/dukes-add-former-penn-state-wr-polk
2015 played as a true Fr, with 3 starts.
2016 played 3 games, injury, med redshirt.
2017 appeared all 13 games.
2018 appeared 10 games, 7 starts.
https://gopsusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1390

As a HS recruit looks like around 11 I-A offers/9 P5:
*3 star Rivals:
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2015/brandon-polk-8397
*4 star 247:
https://247sports.com/Player/Brandon-Polk-30300/high-school-49522/

bluehenbillk
May 16th, 2019, 07:16 AM
Delaware added ODU RB transfer Will Knight. Will have 4 years of eligibility - was the Delaware HS Offensive POY I believe.

Tribe4SF
May 19th, 2019, 06:01 AM
W&M has three transfers coming in.

DL Darius Fullwood, Va.Tech (Grad transfer / one year)
QB Kilton Anderson, Coastal Carolina/ Fresno State (Grad transfer / one year)
OL Andrew Trainer, Illinois (two years)

RootinFerDukes
May 19th, 2019, 06:05 AM
JMU also picks up Temple transfer, Antonio Colclough. He is a DL with four years of eligibility left.

Tribe4SF
May 20th, 2019, 06:13 PM
Tribe adds a 4th transfer (Grad) in WR Sean Daniel from Va Tech.

32counter
May 21st, 2019, 01:59 PM
Spiders add graduate linebacker from Illinois as fifth FBS transfer

https://www.richmond.com/sports/college/schools/university-richmond/spiders-add-graduate-linebacker-from-illinois-as-fifth-fbs-transfer/article_8b7a481d-056e-5063-a6e7-93d0794b5751.html

Seawolf97
May 21st, 2019, 07:33 PM
I expect a list of FBS transfers in about a week . Most are graduate transfers with 1 year of playing time left .

CenMEBlackBearFan
May 22nd, 2019, 08:26 AM
Maine adds a transfer running back from Northern Illinois.
https://goblackbears.com/news/2019/5/21/football-adds-transfer-jordan-rowell.aspx?path=football

Gangtackle11
May 22nd, 2019, 08:59 AM
Villanova appears to be sitting on their collective hands on FBS transfers. Normally not a bad strategy, but this team needs some reinforcements. xpeacex

centraljerseycat
May 22nd, 2019, 08:57 PM
Could be a long season for the Cats...

Anthony215
May 23rd, 2019, 09:04 AM
Could be a long season for the Cats...

Could it be admissions doesn't want to deal with the transfers? I can't see how they wouldn't at least be interested in plugging holes with FBS guys looking for more PT.

Seawolf97
May 23rd, 2019, 03:29 PM
First of six were announced today - James Tunstall OL 6'6 295lbs UConn -originally committed to SBU then decided on UConn.
Brandon Benson - WR 6'3 205 SMU 3 star recruit in 2016 . Now if we can pass this year this kid can catch
Jean Constant Grad transfer - Bryant Umiversity - Kick returner

More to follow .

RootinFerDukes
May 23rd, 2019, 06:21 PM
You can now buy beer at bridgeforth stadium. You’re welcome the 50 visiting fans that come to Harrisonburg each game.

whoanellie
May 23rd, 2019, 06:35 PM
the lines at the concession stands will be an even longer wait, just say'n

centraljerseycat
May 23rd, 2019, 09:31 PM
Could it be admissions doesn't want to deal with the transfers? I can't see how they wouldn't at least be interested in plugging holes with FBS guys looking for more PT.

I'm not talking KC Keeler levels but adding 2-3 transfers a year to plug holes should be the norm. If Richmond and W&M can get academically-minded transfers through admissions, I don't know why Villanova can't get a few each year.

I fear a 4-8 year is on the horizon for the Cats. (wins against Lehigh, Bucknell, LIU and of course Delaware.)

RootinFerDukes
May 24th, 2019, 06:01 AM
the lines at the concession stands will be an even longer wait, just say'n

Yeah, the easiest way to expedite that is only serve three beers and keep the line moving quick but the beer snobs won’t like that. It’s not 100% clear but it sounds like beer stands will be their own lines separate from concessions. Not sure.

It’ll also only be on the home side for now and not near the student sections that the visitors sections are also near. 4 beer maximum per game that’s enforced with armbands.

RootinFerDukes
May 24th, 2019, 06:03 AM
Lol at the dirty birds. They never beat VU.

Anthony215
May 24th, 2019, 07:46 AM
Towson U incoming Transfers for this upcoming season:
Jesus Gibbs - 6'4" 275 DL - South Carolina - Redshirt Freshman
Darian Street - 6'1" WR - Pitt - Redshirt Soph
Stanley Davis - 6'0" 180 - DB - Louisburg College - RS Fresh
Steven Brown 5'11" 190 - DB Sierra College - Jr.
Marcus Bowman - 6'2" 260 DL - ASA College - Soph
Shane McDonough - 6'1" 100 - P - Marshall
Darion Bryant - 6'5" 330 OL - Temple
More to come

Darion Bryant is a big one who was on the 2 way depth chart at Temple most of his time there. He should be able to step in and be plugged in as a starting tackle. Thought coming out of HS he was more of a CAA level player anyways.

Gangtackle11
May 24th, 2019, 10:32 AM

Wildcat Life certainties: Death, Taxes, Delaware win xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
May 24th, 2019, 04:28 PM
Wildcat Life certainties: Death, Taxes, Delaware win xpeacex

It’s the FCS “rivalry” equivalent of Tech and UVA. Every year UVA fans allow themselves to get their hopes up. Every year I LOL when I see the score.

Gangtackle11
May 24th, 2019, 06:22 PM
It’s the FCS “rivalry” equivalent of Tech and UVA. Every year UVA fans allow themselves to get their hopes up. Every year I LOL when I see the score.

This may be the year, but if they don’t they may never again. lol. xpeacex

KPSUL
May 25th, 2019, 08:08 AM
You can now buy beer at bridgeforth stadium. You’re welcome the 50 visiting fans that come to Harrisonburg each game.

If you didn't stick them in the corner of the end zone where you can't even see the video board, you might get a few more.

KPSUL
May 25th, 2019, 08:10 AM

I also don't recall Delaware beating JMU anytime recently.

Henny
May 25th, 2019, 08:52 AM
I also don't recall Delaware beating JMU anytime recently.

Man, where's Carib when you need him?!?!? xlolx

Ok, Ok it's been a tough stretch but the general consensus is that the program is on the way back.

First and foremost is the support of the admin and the $60.0MM upgrade to the football facility which includes 90,000 sq foot buildings that finally brings this program into the 21st century.

The football stadium is really a retro fit that will now have club boxes and all the amenities. Also a coach and press box that isn't humiliating and actually really nice. Think Wrigley or Fenway of FCS football. The old stadium is getting gutted as we speak.

Jared Ambrose, hired from Towson and Bill Cubit, former Illinois head coach are on staff should help.

Bottom line is that a good Delaware is good for the FCS,,, We're getting there....

Gangtackle11
May 25th, 2019, 08:14 PM
Why is Delaware good for the FCS? What is going to happen? A major TV package?

All due respect, but Delaware is not any more important to the FCS than the other 11 members of the CAA.

Tubby Raymond, KC Keeler, & the glory days are long gone. xpeacex

Henny
May 26th, 2019, 08:42 AM

All due respect, but Delaware is not any more important to the FCS than the other 11 members of the CAA.

LOL!!!

OK Gangster, now after you pull your pants back up after exposing yourself for being the Delaware hater you are, go on to You Tube, pull up the 03' and 10' championship games and look at all of the people in Blue and Gold. (Didn't happen in 07' since our AD screwed up the tickets and App St converged)

If that doesn't convince you, ask your AD why they don't have the UD-Nova games in Chester anymore??

I'll answer since you're not making sense....,, IT BECOMES ANOTHER DELAWARE HOME GAME!!

Teams with the bigger following always help. Don't kid yourself.

We'll experience it when NDSU comes to UD this year. They will help pack Delaware Stadium and spend money in Newark.

KPSUL
May 26th, 2019, 08:54 AM
We'll experience it when NDSU comes to UD this year. They will help pack Delaware Stadium and spend money in Newark.

Hope the Hens are ready! In terms of both players and coaching, this is a big transition year for NDSU. Huge opportunity to rebuild national credibility.

MR. CHICKEN
May 26th, 2019, 09:10 AM
Hope the Hens are ready! In terms of both players and coaching, this is a big transition year for NDSU. Huge opportunity to rebuild national credibility.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30562&stc=1.....WE LOST....AS MANY.....AS THEY DID....:(...BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
May 26th, 2019, 10:40 AM
LOL!!!

OK Gangster, now after you pull your pants back up after exposing yourself for being the Delaware hater you are, go on to You Tube, pull up the 03' and 10' championship games and look at all of the people in Blue and Gold. (Didn't happen in 07' since our AD screwed up the tickets and App St converged)

If that doesn't convince you, ask your AD why they don't have the UD-Nova games in Chester anymore??

I'll answer since you're not making sense....,, IT BECOMES ANOTHER DELAWARE HOME GAME!!

Teams with the bigger following always help. Don't kid yourself.

Good for you. You’ve won 1 of the past 13 games. Why would I hate a team that is a rented mule for Nova? Doesn’t matter if you have the better record, headed to the playoffs.....the results are there for all to decide.

Your last few graduating classes left New-ark w/o the experience of a Villanova victory. The past 2 seasons the Cats were lame ducks in the finale and blew the feathers right off the Dirty Filthy Birds. There is no hate for Delaware, but to think anyone under the age of 60 or so thinks the FCS needs Delaware is the one with bias.

Nova without Talley is struggling & probably deciding whether it’s worth to continue against mostly large public schools, but it doesn’t seem to faze our Wildcats when they see the big bad Hens. As far as haters go why don’t you copy & paste the comments about Nova from your fan forum website.

I could care care less about Delaware on the national scene. Your Delaware Blue Hens got embarrassed in Fargo last season. Maybe you guys should stick to Delaware State & Jacksonville.

Take all the shots you want about Villanova football, lack of fans, stadium, etc.

In the end most seasons you go home with a bad taste in your mouth & another loss. You have another great shot at Nova this season because I think we are in for a long CAA season, but the Hens always seem to find a way to make my Thanksgiving a good one.

Villanova Football fans dislik Delaware as much as you guys dislike us. So stop with I’m a hater BS.

It’s just you can’t stand the school that doesn’t invest in their program like big bad Delaware owns you year after year.

See you in November. Bring all those fans again. It’s great to see how upset they get year after year.

30-21-1 Nova vs. Delaware (even when u were a top small college program)

Peace out xpeacex

Refresh your memory with recap of last game. Another pic with the trophy. Ho-hum

https://villanova.com/news/2018/11/17/football-tallies-seventh-straight-win-over-delaware.aspx

Gangtackle11
May 26th, 2019, 11:15 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30562&stc=1.....WE LOST....AS MANY.....AS THEY DID....:(...BRAWK!

Yep. Down to 1 Kardashian. xpeacex

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. Down to 1 Kardashian. xpeacex

KPSUL
May 26th, 2019, 11:18 AM
There's no accounting for series domination in many cases, it is something that just happens in college football. Why did William and Mary "own" UNH for the entire Sean McDonnell era until recently? How did UNH win 12 out of 13 vs Maine? Maine and W&M both have similar Win/Loss records against the conference as a whole over the period in question.

caribbeanhen
May 26th, 2019, 11:47 AM

GT, that's like asking why is Mick Jagger good for Rock N Roll.... Rock N Roll had Mojo when Mick was strutting around the stage, just like the Mojo Delaware brought to FCS football when they were good....... today, Mick is old and Rock N Roll is a thing of the past.

But the thing is even pushing 80 (insert Hen fan joke here________________________,) Jagger will still sell out his Rolling Stones concerts, not because he's any good anymore...... it's because he's Delaware.....haha.... Delaware put there stamp on an era of small college football and it was a lasting one....

Nova brings to FCS what Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods brought to the Dick Clark show..... a hit performance that everyone forgot about xpeacex

Gangtackle11
May 26th, 2019, 11:57 AM
GT, that's like asking why is Mick Jagger good for Rock N Roll.... Rock N Roll had Mojo when Mick was strutting around the stage, just like the Mojo Delaware brought to FCS football when they were good....... today, Mick is old and Rock N Roll is a thing of the past.

But the thing is even pushing 80 (insert Hen fan joke here________________________,) Jagger will still sell out his Rolling Stones concerts, not because he's any good anymore...... it's because he's Delaware.....haha.... Delaware put there stamp on an era of small college football and it was a lasting one....

Nova brings to FCS what Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods brought to the Dick Clark show..... a hit performance that everyone forgot about xpeacex

Lasting? If you are wearing Depends Carrib. The current Delaware football program makes it hard to argue the MVFC dominance when u guys are down 35-0 before the Delaware fans took their handicap seats in the upper endzone.

It’s the small state syndrome I imagine. So be it. We all bow to a Delaware program that has a great senior citizen discounts in the fall on Saturdays. Keep on doing what your doing. Rocco is closer to Brock than the legends u hold onto.

Nova Football has their own set of issues, but no one from BlewHen land should be telling anyone here that they are good for anything other than a arse-whooping season after season. Win a few in a row & then start cackling.

BTW. Danny “Don’t Worry Be Happy” Rocco = Bobby McFerrin

xpeacex

PS: Given that the average Dirty Bird fan is 80 or so I guess it’s just nature taking its course forgetting the recent & overall record against the ‘Cats.

caribbeanhen
May 26th, 2019, 03:46 PM
Lasting? If you are wearing Depends Carrib. The current Delaware football program makes it hard to argue the MVFC dominance when u guys are down 35-0 before the Delaware fans took their handicap seats in the upper endzone.

It’s the small state syndrome I imagine. So be it. We all bow to a Delaware program that has a great senior citizen discounts in the fall on Saturdays. Keep on doing what your doing. Rocco is closer to Brock than the legends u hold onto.

Nova Football has their own set of issues, but no one from BlewHen land should be telling anyone here that they are good for anything other than a arse-whooping season after season. Win a few in a row & then start cackling.

BTW. Danny “Don’t Worry Be Happy” Rocco = Bobby McFerrin

xpeacex

PS: Given that the average Dirty Bird fan is 80 or so I guess it’s just nature taking its course forgetting the recent & overall record against the ‘Cats.

just a little pre-season scrimmage here, spring practice , nothing to see folks........

Gangtackle11
May 26th, 2019, 04:14 PM
just a little pre-season scrimmage here, spring practice , nothing to see folks........

Lol. xpeacex

Henny
May 27th, 2019, 09:13 AM
Despite Gang Tackle's deep insecurities, he might be making a good point about Rocco. Rocco isn't on the Hot Seat but we will know this season if he's the guy to bring the program back.

It's common knowledge he's being told he needs to win championships. The message is coming from the ultimate decision maker, Ken Whitney who donated $10MM to the $60MM facility upgrade.

The Admin is also giving the coach everything he needs and then some to get there.

caribbeanhen
May 27th, 2019, 10:15 AM
Despite Gang Tackle's deep insecurities, he might be making a good point about Rocco. Rocco isn't on the Hot Seat but we will know this season if he's the guy to bring the program back.

It's common knowledge he's being told he needs to win championships. The message is coming from the ultimate decision maker, Ken Whitney who donated $10MM to the $60MM facility upgrade.

The Admin is also giving the coach everything he needs and then some to get there.

Henny, Rocco certainly came in like a lamb, just the fact that Joe Walker was the starting quarterback for the 2017 season told me alot. Also it’s not like he didn’t inherit a lot of talent on the defense, I am of the opinion he should’ve let talent play more instead of being over coached, just let these kids make plays!

At least Rocco, unlike Brock, Has made changes to the staff as you’ve already mentioned the new offenseive coordinator and coaches that have come in were very much needed

Does Mr. Whitney have a few talented wide receivers? I think we need a few to really get this offense going

Talk is they’re planning on utilizing two quarterbacks, My hope is that Henderson plays well enough to make them use primarily one, Henderson!

Of course anytime Henderson is mentioned we can’t help but think how small framed he is, hopefully he’s already got his injury out-of-the-way !

bluehenbillk
May 29th, 2019, 09:15 AM
I hope Delaware gets on the Ricky Ortega bandwagon really soon - it will be a prolonging of the "Newark Nightmare" when it comes to Nova if Ortega would end up on the Main Line.

Henny
May 29th, 2019, 12:17 PM
Lets hope Rocco can get it done. A tough schedule and a lot of youth is going to make it more of a challenge to get the program to where people are expecting.

Gangtackle11
May 30th, 2019, 07:16 AM
CAA Non-Conference Opponents & Analysis:

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/17567

Seawolf97
May 30th, 2019, 12:15 PM
The last two transfers for SBU announced today are Sean Hammonds DL 6'1 250 lbs Ball State and Kirsten Johnson LB 6'1 215 South Florida . That gives us a total of 5 for the 2019 season .

caribbeanhen
May 30th, 2019, 06:46 PM
I hope Delaware gets on the Ricky Ortega bandwagon really soon - it will be a prolonging of the "Newark Nightmare" when it comes to Nova if Ortega would end up on the Main Line.

Who is Ricky Ortega? Not going to Google it I want to be surprised

bluehenbillk
May 31st, 2019, 08:27 AM
Who is Ricky Ortega? Not going to Google it I want to be surprised

Two-time all state QB from Coatesville. He's 6' tall, if he was 4 inches taller every school in the country would be recruiting him.

caribbeanhen
May 31st, 2019, 05:03 PM
Two-time all state QB from Coatesville. He's 6' tall, if he was 4 inches taller every school in the country would be recruiting him.

Well if he’s that good that means the Hens have no shot Until he transfers in three years from now

MR. CHICKEN
June 4th, 2019, 07:45 AM
.....LINDY'S....2019.....CAA FORECAST:

1 TOWSON

2 JAMES MADISON

3 MAINE

4 DELAWARE

5 ELON

6 NEW HAMPSHIRE

7 STONY BROOK

8 RHODE ISLAND

9 RICHMOND
10 VILLANOVA (xhypedx)

11 WILLIAM & MARY

12 ALBANY

Gangtackle11
June 4th, 2019, 10:01 AM
.....LINDY'S....2019.....CAA FORECAST:

1 TOWSON

2 JAMES MADISON

3 MAINE

4 DELAWARE

5 ELON

6 NEW HAMPSHIRE

7 STONY BROOK

8 RHODE ISLAND

9 RICHMOND
10 VILLANOVA (xhypedx)

11 WILLIAM & MARY

12 ALBANY

I’d say 10th is fair. Of course that’s with a win over DTD! (Death, Taxes, &Delaware.)I think Towson was 10th in last season’s poll. The biggest farce above is Delaware at 4. Must have had Henny (Aka the Kardashian’s uncle) as a voter. xnodxxlolxxpeacex

Gangtackle11
June 4th, 2019, 10:08 AM
Well if he’s that good that means the Hens have no shot Until he transfers in three years from now

Villanova recruits don’t transfer to JUCOs. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
June 4th, 2019, 02:17 PM
Villanova recruits don’t transfer to JUCOs. xpeacex

that's right, those Big East Schools think all FCS schools are JUCO's.......

Gangtackle11
June 4th, 2019, 02:33 PM
Gangtackle’s preseason CAA rankings:

1. James Madison University

2. Towson

3. Elon

4. Maine

5. New Hampshire

6. Stony Brook

7. Delaware

8. Villanova

9. William & Mary

10. Rhode Island

11. Richmond

12. Albany

MR. CHICKEN
June 4th, 2019, 02:35 PM

2. Towson

3. Elon

4. Maine

5. New Hampshire

6. Stony Brook

7. Delaware

8. Villanova

9. William & Mary

10. Rhode Island

11. Richmond

12. Albany

....HMMM!.......UP TA #8.........YOUSE MUSTAH BEAT.....LONG ISLAND!.........xbowx........DOODLE-DOO!

Gangtackle11
June 4th, 2019, 02:45 PM
...........UP TA #8.........YOUSE MUSTAH BEAT.....LONG ISLAND!.........xbowx........DOODLE-DOO!

MR.CHICKEN, MR.CHICKEN, MR.CHICKEN.....

Has the die job from your pompadour dripped into the memory portion of your brain?

LIU is participating in the NEC correct?

Now think really hard & tell me what happened to the great Delaware football team the last time you played a NEC team???

Yep.......2014 the vaunted Sacred Heart Pioneers travel to the intimidating Tub. SHU was scared by 20,000+ octogenarians so much they beat the school that claims to be a FCS power 10-7.

Delaware 0-1 in the NEC. So just be happy Nova is taking them on. Saving another embarrassment for our feathered friends from NEW-ARK....xpeacex

hoidOfYolen
June 4th, 2019, 02:48 PM
hoidOfYolen's Preseason CAA Standings

JMU

Elon

Towson

Maine

Delaware

Stony Brook

W&M

Rhode Island

Villanova

UNH

Richmond

Albany

Likeliest Season Result (using this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dhUIHrK_VkiGQFNqxYFDSRsTlxICstRpX1YhLrDFBZ0/edit?usp=sharing)

Season Result
Team
Most Likely Record

JMU
9-3

Maine
8-4

Elon
7-4

Towson
6-5

Delaware
6-6

Stony Brook
6-6

Villanova
4-6

Rhode Island
4-6

W&M
4-7

UNH
4-7

Richmond
4-8

Albany
4-8

Gangtackle11
June 4th, 2019, 02:52 PM
Nova plays 12 games not 10.

hoidOfYolen
June 4th, 2019, 02:56 PM
According to this schedule they play 10: https://caasports.com/news/2018/10/31/caa-football-announces-schedule-for-2019.aspx

MR. CHICKEN
June 4th, 2019, 03:25 PM
...C'MON holdOfYolen.....GIVE 'EM CREDIT.....FO' PLAYIN'........COLGATE....&....LONG ISLAND...xrolleyesx....AWK!

hoidOfYolen
June 4th, 2019, 03:29 PM
Interesting... according to this link, he's right, they play 12: https://fbschedules.com/villanova-football-schedule/

I've messaged the creator of that spreadsheet on facebook, says he'll fix it

Edit: Can't believe the official CAA page was wrong. They need to step their game up! First FloSports and now this!

caribbeanhen
June 4th, 2019, 03:33 PM

2. Towson

3. Elon

4. Maine

5. New Hampshire

6. Stony Brook

7. Delaware

8. Villanova

9. William & Mary

10. Rhode Island

11. Richmond

12. Albany

Rhode Island was making some strides last year towards respectability....... until they lost the stud QB to a knee injury, and I would presume he is getting an NFL look, also any team with the talented Aaron Parker will have to be dealt with

who is Rhode planning to have under Center this year?

MR. CHICKEN
June 4th, 2019, 03:51 PM
Rhode Island was making some strides last year towards respectability....... until they lost the stud QB to a knee injury, and I would presume he is getting an NFL look, also any team with the talented Aaron Parker will have to be dealt with

who is Rhode planning to have under Center this year?

....VITO PRIORE..........PER LINDY'S........AWK!

RootinFerDukes
June 4th, 2019, 04:48 PM
Towson at #1. Lindy must forget that defense wins championships.

Henny
June 5th, 2019, 01:51 PM

Has the die job from your pompadour dripped into the memory portion of your brain?

Now think really hard & tell me what happened to the great Delaware football team the last time you played a NEC team???

Yep.......2014 the vaunted Sacred Heart Pioneers travel to the intimidating Tub. SHU was scared by 20,000+ octogenarians so much they beat the school that claims to be a FCS power 10-7.

Delaware 0-1 in the NEC. So just be happy Nova is taking them on. Saving another embarrassment for our feathered friends from NEW-ARK....xpeacex

Very good Gangsta! I'll add another Brock era bad loss - Jacksonville 20- Hens 14 2015.

CW Post will need to adjust to the Nova' crowd, or lack there of......

caribbeanhen
June 5th, 2019, 01:58 PM
Very good Gangsta! I'll add another Brock era bad loss - Jacksonville 20- Hens 14 2015.

CW Post will need to adjust to the Nova' crowd, or lack there of......

Henny,

I wish we would’ve hired the coach of that Jacksonville team, He would’ve put some much-needed Florida juice into our offense, Instead he went down to Valdosta State and wanna Division II national championship

Bluefish845
June 5th, 2019, 03:54 PM

I was at this game, 7-8,000 tops, the Hens could not get out of their own way. Before the game I heard Delaware fans saying "This should be over quickly.... Is Sacred Heart a D3 team...? I believe Delaware was ranked at the time as well, like # 24 or 25.