PDA

View Full Version : Folmar will be Head Coach at Lehigh

Franks Tanks
December 19th, 2018, 01:00 PM
It is being reported by Footballscoop.com

Franks Tanks
December 19th, 2018, 01:03 PM
Edit

Football Scoop altered their original post. Instead of will be, they are now reporting that no deal is in place as of now. Perhaps they are finalizing the paperwork.

PAllen
December 19th, 2018, 01:20 PM
Now he's just a "strong candidate". I would hope so. He should be on the short list of phone calls regardless of whether he applied or not.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 19th, 2018, 01:21 PM
If it turns out to be true I like it. Cecchini and Folmar were the top candidates from the start imo. The odds were heavily in favor of one of them getting it. I like Folmar's overall experience more than Cecchini's. I think working with Cignetti and other non-Lehigh guys in the CAA is a big selling point. Plus, he did a great job while at Lehigh and was well liked.

Folmar will hopefully give Lehigh a highly productive 5 or so years and then goes from there. I think he's got a bright future at Lehigh and beyond....

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 19th, 2018, 01:22 PM
Now he's just a "strong candidate". I would hope so. He should be on the short list of phone calls regardless of whether he applied or not.

Good thing I got my popcorn ready xpopcornx

RichH2
December 19th, 2018, 01:29 PM
Good thing I got my popcorn ready xpopcornx

Me too. An absolute Joe move. Staying in family while going for the best possible HC.

Anthony215
December 19th, 2018, 01:39 PM
Once Coach Cignetti went to JMU and Lehigh was still open I figured Drew would be their guy. He knows the area very well, knows how the school and the program is ran and funded and should be able to get them back to being respectable in the PL within the next 2-3 years before he pursues a bigger job at a CAA school.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 19th, 2018, 01:46 PM
Once Coach Cignetti went to JMU and Lehigh was still open I figured Drew would be their guy. He knows the area very well, knows how the school and the program is ran and funded and should be able to get them back to being respectable in the PL within the next 2-3 years before he pursues a bigger job at a CAA school.

I think the goals and expectations are far greater than that. Respectable in the PL is still pretty bad...:(. I think the goal is to assure Lehigh regains its perch at the top of the league and return the program to national relevance. He's not climbing the food chain unless he kicks some butt. The platform is in place for him to succeed. It'll be up to him to do it.

RichH2
December 19th, 2018, 02:01 PM
I think the goals and expectations are far greater than that. Respectable in the PL is still pretty bad...:(. I think the goal is to assure Lehigh regains its perch at the top of the league and return the program to national relevance. He's not climbing the food chain unless he kicks some butt. The platform is in place for him to succeed. It'll be up to him to do it.

Sterrett's goal has always been national relevance in every sport. For Drew, it is to be at the top of the PL and nationally ranked.

whoanellie
December 19th, 2018, 02:43 PM
a class move to stay on with Elon and secure the early signing day. In one week Cignetti has himself a "coaching tree"

EU2000
December 19th, 2018, 04:29 PM
So is it or isn’t it Folmar? :)

I would hate to lose him at the OC, but plainly understand why he would would want to go to Lehigh. Obviously if he is inking a deal, I think it’s pretty classy he waited to secure Elon recruits before leaving. Seems like a really solid person.

Also, Trish did say at his news conference that Folmar was staying at Elon. Hopefully that’s the case for us as it would be a huge loss!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 19th, 2018, 04:47 PM
So is it or isn’t it Folmar? :)

I would hate to lose him at the OC, but plainly understand why he would would want to go to Lehigh. Obviously if he is inking a deal, I think it’s pretty classy he waited to secure Elon recruits before leaving. Seems like a really solid person.

Also, Trish did say at his news conference that Folmar was staying at Elon. Hopefully that’s the case for us as it would be a huge loss!!!

He hasn't been hired, and based on what I consider a reliable source on the Lehigh board, wouldn't be for several days if he is indeed "the guy". My guesstimate is that his phone interview went well and was offered an opportunity to be one of the finalists that meet with Lehigh's AD. As you said, Folmar checks a lot of the boxes and I for one would welcome him. But time will tell who actually gets the gig....

EU2000
December 19th, 2018, 05:03 PM
He hasn't been hired, and based on what I consider a reliable source on the Lehigh board, wouldn't be for several days if he is indeed "the guy". My guesstimate is that his phone interview went well and was offered an opportunity to be one of the finalists that meet with Lehigh's AD. As you said, Folmar checks a lot of the boxes and I for one would welcome him. But time will tell who actually gets the gig....

If you do land him, you know you’ve got a good one! Again, I like having him at Elon, but wouldn’t hold it against him for taking the Lehigh gig. :)

I’m hoping coach Trish was able to counter and he’ll stay here longer. After the recent “event” we need him.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 19th, 2018, 05:38 PM
since this is officially "fake news" at this point can this thread be merged with the original Lehigh HC thread?

ngineer
December 19th, 2018, 08:43 PM
We won't know for another week. The 'long list' of phone interviewees has been whittled down to 4-5 for in-person interviews (one supposedly already held with Cecchini), but Folmar was obviously keeping head down until signing day, and Cramsey has a bowl game tomorrow night with Marshall. A couple others in the loop, also. So everyone needs to chill a bit.

EU2000
December 19th, 2018, 09:34 PM
We won't know for another week. The 'long list' of phone interviewees has been whittled down to 4-5 for in-person interviews (one supposedly already held with Cecchini), but Folmar was obviously keeping head down until signing day, and Cramsey has a bowl game tomorrow night with Marshall. A couple others in the loop, also. So everyone needs to chill a bit.

I don’t want to chill :).

Elon fans want to know if we’re losing another HUGE piece that brought the program back to the national spotlight! ;)

whoanellie
December 19th, 2018, 10:02 PM
Lehigh did secure 11 signings today same as Elon recruits know the value in a quality education