PDA

View Full Version : FCS Early Signing Day

HootyHoo
December 19th, 2018, 12:37 PM
Greetings and a merry signing day to all.

Congrats to the Bison with the top FCS class and the 120th class overall so far. I would like to point out that THE Kennesaw State University has the #2 recruiting class in the FCS and the 128th in the country.

Top 10 FCS classes Overall Ranking per 247 composite
1. North Dakota State 120
2. Kennesaw State 128
3. James Madison 129
4. Illinois State 135
5. Portland State 136
6. Tennessee Martin 137
7. UC Davis 138
8. Eastern Washington 140
9. Northern Iowa 141
10. Montana 142

DFW HOYA
December 19th, 2018, 12:51 PM
Signees per Twitter across the Patriot League schools:

Fordham: 14
Holy Cross: 11
Bucknell: 10
Colgate: 8
Lafayette: 6
Lehigh: 5

citdog
December 19th, 2018, 12:54 PM

Congrats to the Bison with the top FCS class and the 120th class overall so far. I would like to point out that THE Kennesaw State University has the #2 recruiting class in the FCS and the 128th in the country.

2. Kennesaw State 128
3. James Madison 129
4. Illinois State 135
5. Portland State 136
6. Tennessee Martin 137
7. UC Davis 138
9. Northern Iowa 141
10. Montana 142

As a new program to the FCS little kennesaw people can be excused from thinking any FCS recruiting rankings mean anything. You'll learn...

Milktruck74
December 19th, 2018, 01:00 PM
As a new program to the FCS little kennesaw people can be excused from thinking any FCS recruiting rankings mean anything. You'll learn...

Yep our top recruit from the 2018 class, and maybe one of the top 3 for the entire SoCon, never saw the field and already announced his desire to transfer. See ya!!!! Too often these guys never really pan out at our level....lots more misses at FCS than at P5 schools.

HootyHoo
December 19th, 2018, 01:07 PM

Ha! Are you serious? So i guess it's a coincidence that North Dakota State is the top class every year, and they win the Natty every year. Recruiting is the lifeblood of any college football team.

citdog
December 19th, 2018, 01:10 PM
Ha! Are you serious? So i guess it's a coincidence that North Dakota State is the top class every year, and they win the Natty every year. Recruiting is the lifeblood of any college football team.

I'm super serial. In FCS recruiting rankings mean nothing. Just ask Chatty...

Milktruck74
December 19th, 2018, 01:13 PM

Actually NDSU rarely has a top recruiting class....they just have coaches that know how to WIN with what they have. They coach up the talent they have and make an average class exceptional.

HootyHoo
December 19th, 2018, 01:17 PM
I'm super serial. In FCS recruiting rankings mean nothing. Just ask Chatty...

Perhaps that's why the Citadel and Chattanooga have never won a national championship? Kennesaw State already has more All-Time playoff wins than the Citadel so we're going to keep doing things our way and you keep being middle of the pack SOCON teams. Sound good?

citdog
December 19th, 2018, 01:22 PM
Perhaps that's why the Citadel and Chattanooga have never won a national championship? Kennesaw State already has more All-Time playoff wins than the Citadel so we're going to keep doing things our way and you keep being middle of the pack SOCON teams. Sound good?

Yep. I'll bow to your superior knowledge about FCS due to your decades of experience. xthumbsupx

HootyHoo
December 19th, 2018, 01:26 PM
Yep. I'll bow to your superior knowledge about FCS due to your decades of experience. xthumbsupx

Well the Owls are 37-12 and back to back Quarterfinalists so you should probably take some notes.

citdog
December 19th, 2018, 01:28 PM
Well the Owls are 37-12 and back to back Quarterfinalists so you should probably take some notes.

No thanks. Let me know when you play somebody more than twice a year. We all know that ain't gonna happen in the little South...

TheKingpin28
December 19th, 2018, 01:32 PM
Perhaps that's why the Citadel and Chattanooga have never won a national championship? Kennesaw State already has more All-Time playoff wins than the Citadel so we're going to keep doing things our way and you keep being middle of the pack SOCON teams. Sound good?I'll let you in on a little secret. Recruiting rankings and stars at this level mean jack ****. They lower stars if recruits sign for an FCS team.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

HootyHoo
December 19th, 2018, 01:37 PM
No thanks. Let me know when you play somebody more than twice a year. We all know that ain't gonna happen in the little South...

Be careful what you wish for. There are rumors that KSU is going to the SOCON after the Big South contract ends in 2019.

citdog
December 19th, 2018, 01:37 PM
I'll let you in on a little secret. Recruiting rankings and stars at this level mean jack ****. They lower stars if recruits sign for an FCS team.

But...but.... kennesaw is 37-12!!!!

citdog
December 19th, 2018, 01:38 PM
Be careful what you wish for. There are rumors that KSU is going to the SOCON after the Big South contract ends in 2019.

Not if The Citadel and vermin don't want you. See coastal carolina...

HootyHoo
December 19th, 2018, 01:40 PM
I'll let you in on a little secret. Recruiting rankings and stars at this level mean jack ****. They lower stars if recruits sign for an FCS team.

It's not that hard to comprehend. Good players = Good teams. Maybe Kennesaw State is about to teach the FCS a thing or two.

citdog
December 19th, 2018, 01:43 PM
It's not that hard to comprehend. Good players = Good teams. Maybe Kennesaw State is about to teach the FCS a thing or two.

Teach us something? Like what? How to be in a city of millions and not be able to draw 5500 to a game??

FUBeAR
December 19th, 2018, 01:44 PM
Not if The Citadel and vermin don't want you. See coastal carolina...
True dat...

Bring the owlets in...with a $10mm (CPI adjusted to 2019 $’s) perpetual buyout if they want to leave - $1mm / current SoCon School & $1mm for the League Office. Maybe a buy-in also...something reasonable...$2mm, maybe. Is that enough?

DFW HOYA
December 19th, 2018, 01:45 PM
Teach us something? Like what? How to be in a city of millions and not be able to draw 5500 to a game??

Kennesaw is about as close to Atlanta as Frisco is to Dallas, which is not very close at all.

citdog
December 19th, 2018, 01:47 PM
True dat...

Bring the owlets in...with a $10mm (CPI adjusted to 2019 $’s) perpetual buyout if they want to leave - $1mm / current SoCon School & $1mm for the League Office. Maybe a buy-in also...something reasonable...$2mm, maybe. Is that enough?

Sounds good to me. Gotta pay to confederate with your betters...

HootyHoo
December 19th, 2018, 01:49 PM
Kennesaw is about as close to Atlanta as Frisco is to Dallas, which is not very close at all.

Campus is 18 miles from the city center. 10 miles to Buckhead.

FUBeAR
December 19th, 2018, 01:54 PM
That’s not fair citdog. The owlets averaged 5,756 in attendance at their 7 home games this year.

FUBeAR
December 19th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Campus is 18 miles from the city center. 10 miles to Buckhead.No shortage of potential attendees within a 25 mile radius of Kennesaw. 3.2 million of ‘em. Even in metro ATL, driving <25 miles to attend a Football game on Saturday ain’t no insurmountable hurdle...

https://i.postimg.cc/SNM7yLcY/BFCDAB6-B-7978-4778-B280-6-D0-D01150-E70.png

KPSUL
December 19th, 2018, 02:43 PM
UNH early NLI day

https://unhwildcats.com/news/2018/12/19/NLI2019.aspx

DFW HOYA
December 19th, 2018, 02:43 PM
Campus is 18 miles from the city center. 10 miles to Buckhead.

OK... closer than Frisco is to Dallas - 29 miles due north.

And I see someone at NDSU has been on the Frisco, TX Wikipedia page...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisco,_Texas

Derby City Duke
December 19th, 2018, 02:46 PM
We can all learn how to lose at home in the quarterfinals in front of family and friends from Kenny-saw State. Meanwhile us'n unenlightened ones will continue to draw 23-25K in a metro area of 134K (25-mile radius of Harrisonburg).

BisonBacker
December 19th, 2018, 02:48 PM
Actually NDSU rarely has a top recruiting class....they just have coaches that know how to WIN with what they have. They coach up the talent they have and make an average class exceptional.

Bingo! This man gets it xbowx

TheKingpin28
December 19th, 2018, 02:53 PM
But...but.... kennesaw is 37-12!!!!

Rating stars a complete joke.

TheKingpin28
December 19th, 2018, 02:54 PM

Are you serious?

BisonBacker
December 19th, 2018, 02:58 PM
OK... closer than Frisco is to Dallas - 29 miles due north.

And I see someone at NDSU has been on the Frisco, TX Wikipedia page...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisco,_Texas

I looked at the page but I must have missed it. What were you referring to?

Bison56
December 19th, 2018, 02:59 PM
Are you serious?

Afraid so.

BisonBacker
December 19th, 2018, 03:00 PM
Afraid so.

He's a youngster guys. You'll have to cut him some slack xlolx

CenMEBlackBearFan
December 19th, 2018, 03:09 PM
UNH early NLI day

https://unhwildcats.com/news/2018/12/19/NLI2019.aspx

Wow, very impressive KPSUL!!!. Nothing official from UMaine I read about 2 or 3 guys so far. Would be surprised to see much more as one of the downfalls about playing in December is that recruiting takes a hit for now but hopefully plays dividends later.

TheKingpin28
December 19th, 2018, 03:10 PM
He's a youngster guys. You'll have to cut him some slack xlolxI mean I'm fairly young. xcoffeex xlolx

DFW HOYA
December 19th, 2018, 03:11 PM
I looked at the page but I must have missed it. What were you referring to?

The city nickname (right hand side)

POD Knows
December 19th, 2018, 03:16 PM
The city nickname (right hand side)http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29754&stc=1

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2018, 03:18 PM
Wow, very impressive KPSUL!!!. Nothing official from UMaine I read about 2 or 3 guys so far. Would be surprised to see much more as one of the downfalls about playing in December is that recruiting takes a hit for now but hopefully plays dividends later.
NDSU signed 25 today (although some of those are PWOs I believe) and the majority of those verballed before September 1st. It's possible to sign a good chunk of players on the early signing day while going on a deep playoff run (and even switching coaches in the process) but the whole process has to get moving early. June/July/August has become prime time for NDSU's recruiting over the last few years much more so than October/November/December.

Derby City Duke
December 19th, 2018, 03:42 PM
JMU signed 8 today; 7 expected and 1 who had not made a verbal commitment (publicly at least) signed his NLI today. Leaves a handful of slots for February 6th.

https://jmusports.com/news/2018/12/19/dukes-national-signing-day.aspx

citdog
December 19th, 2018, 03:47 PM
In

AggieFinn
December 19th, 2018, 04:00 PM
UC Davis WR Keelan Doss maybe had one star coming out of Alameda High, UC Davis was his only DI scholarship offer.

Khalil Mack was ONLY given a FBS offer by The University of Buffalo. Maybe 2 stars coming out of Ft. Pierce, had played for about a year, maybe 2 in HS.

List goes on and on...

I think UC Davis had maybe 9 or 10 commit today. A couple of surprises, good ones. Star RB Peyton Dixon (Reno, NV) had UC Davis as the last FCS school on his final 5, ultimately he chose Fresno State.

ST_Lawson
December 19th, 2018, 04:30 PM

Kennesaw is essentially right in the north suburbs of Atlanta. You've got a pretty huge population within say, an hour's drive. I know you've got a lot of competition for sports too, but still...that's a big metro area.

Outsider1
December 19th, 2018, 04:31 PM
So far for ACU we have the below. What this transfers to towards wins in the Fall, who knows......

ACU Signees-

QB Andrew Stripling, 6'5 185, Marble Falls

RB Jessie Anderson, 6'0 225, Longview

WR LJ McConnell, 5'11 195 Liberty University

TE Paxton Bergdoll, 6'6 245, Arizona Western

OL Tanner Parker, 6'5 300, Snow College

OL Zachary Terry, 6'6 305, Coffeyville

DT Michael Gayden, 6'2 265, Blinn JUCO

DT Lakendrick Jones, 6'2 260 Mississippi Gulf Coast JUCO

LB Hunter Kier, 6'0 215, Butler JUCO

ACU Commits-

WR Caleb Durham-Honer, 5'10 175, San Antonio Christian

OL Jeremy Phelps, 6'3 272, Byron Nelson HS

Birdman_
December 19th, 2018, 05:06 PM
Quite literally did an actual face palm upon opening this thread

FUBeAR
December 19th, 2018, 05:10 PM
Kennesaw is essentially right in the north suburbs of Atlanta. You've got a pretty huge population within say, an hour's drive. I know you've got a lot of competition for sports too, but still...that's a big metro area.
See post #23 - 3.2 million within 25 miles...so 0 to about 45 minutes away in ATL on a Saturday...oh...and they have about 35,000 students.

KPSUL
December 19th, 2018, 06:09 PM

Almost looks to me like they were able to cast a wider net when not in the playoffs. The early signing day really puts a lot of pressure on coaching staffs who are coaching into the 2nd or 3rd rounds of the playoffs. Of course as others have pointed out, you really won't know how good your recruiting class will work out until a couple years down the road.

grizband
December 19th, 2018, 06:39 PM
Someone (maybe I should do it) needs to summarize Clenz's argument against the relevance of recruit star rankings. I remember a player the Griz recruited a few years ago, who was a 2 star playing before signing, and upon signing with Montana was lowered to zero stars...

citdog
December 19th, 2018, 06:41 PM

Why? Pray tell...

BisonBacker
December 19th, 2018, 07:05 PM
The city nickname (right hand side)

LOL I wouldn't have ever seen that had you not mentioned it. That's pretty funny. xlolx

jmu007
December 19th, 2018, 08:23 PM
JMU signed 8 today; 7 expected and 1 who had not made a verbal commitment (publicly at least) signed his NLI today. Leaves a handful of slots for February 6th.

Best part of today's signing is that at least 2 were de-commits after Houston left and Cignetti was able to bring theme back into the fold. Last report is that 4-6 will sign in Feb. Will be interesting to see who they end up being. Hopefully the new MD coach doesn't make too much of a run at them. (3 of 4 verbals from state of MD)

whoanellie
December 19th, 2018, 08:43 PM
Let's just say it is a given that it's been one wild and crazy week in Dear old Elon. That at being said. I would like to post our results on our early signing period.
11 signees with none of them being related to the uncle of the backup QB at Duke in 1977. Class ratings do mean hardly anything at our level but you gotta have players. To make this point four-plus years ago our team was awful but We were still recruiting and landed a class almost starless. That class just produced three All-Americans. Ya gotta develop players. Here goes. https://elonphoenix.com/news/2018/12/19/football-elon-adds-11-on-triscianis-first-signing-day-as-head-coach.aspx

Thumper 76
December 19th, 2018, 09:54 PM

Pretty much. I don’t think SDSU has ever had a top ten recruiting class before, and we’re doing OK I guess....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birdman_
December 19th, 2018, 10:08 PM
Why? Pray tell...
Just the troll-ness is the first post. Hope everyone is excited about their signing classes so far though - makes for a fun and optimistic offseason.

BEAR
December 19th, 2018, 10:25 PM
UCA signed 6 today. Two of them aren't even listed on the 247 site. One was a four star WR coming out of high school. The other one blew out a knee but still got picked up by an SEC school. Both were transfers from an SEC school but all the turmoil up there and players ran FROM the hills! We grabbed maybe 3 of them. But none are listed on that 247 site. I think we are better off than that ranking shows for next year. Plus we have like 12 more schollys to give out with some in state HS kids available.

Funny how UT Martin is top ten while one commit flipped to us this morning. Man they would have moved up if he had stayed!

Outsider1
December 19th, 2018, 11:04 PM
This is one area where I have always agreed with the NDSU system. Don't worry about how many stars a recruit has. Pick the right recruits for your program and turn them into the best players they can be. Are star recruits good? Of course they are, I never mind getting a ranked recruit. That doesn't mean they fit your program, will stick around or even do well.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2018, 06:36 AM
Interesting, on one of the local radio stations the Bison's DL coach said a fellow Valley school called a verbal commitment 5 straight nights when the news broke of Coach K going to K State....xrolleyesx...not a shock.

Hast off to the Bison coaching staff, they kept 24/25 recruits through this coaching change. The lone defection went to K State (QB).

walliver
December 20th, 2018, 09:32 AM
Wofford signed 4 wide receivers.

Maybe change is in the air.

On the other hand, we didn't sign anyone to throw the ball to them - at least not yet.

saxbison
December 20th, 2018, 10:18 AM

On the other hand, we didn't sign anyone to throw the ball to them - at least not yet.

That's because they're flipping them all to DB. Throwing? That's the closest thing to blasphemy at Wofford.

FUBeAR
December 20th, 2018, 10:32 AM

On the other hand, we didn't sign anyone to throw the ball to them - at least not yet.He’s coming...

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2018/12/18/USAT/89568ded-e227-4c59-8f73-999beeda659a-USATSI_11393333.jpg?crop=935,1075,x351,y198&width=534&height=712&fit=bounds&auto=webp

Punchy
December 20th, 2018, 11:05 AM
I would guess Kennesaw State is a commuter college with 35,000 students? I don't think I heard too much about the Owls when I lived in the ATL area from 2008-2014. They've definitely made a mark in FCS football since they've been FCS.

clenz
December 20th, 2018, 11:26 AM
Someone (maybe I should do it) needs to summarize Clenz's argument against the relevance of recruit star rankings. I remember a player the Griz recruited a few years ago, who was a 2 star playing before signing, and upon signing with Montana was lowered to zero stars...I'll go back and find the post you're referencing

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

SochorField
December 20th, 2018, 11:29 AM

Dear CitDog,

I see so much of my 2004 self in HootyHoo.
UC Davis fans came strutting into the FCS with 32 straight winning seasons and 20 straight conference championships.
We also had a "highly ranked" recruiting class in our early D1 days. Although Davis didn't see the playoffs like KSU, they did win a couple conference championships and beat a few teams they weren't supposed to. Davis fans thought we were really going to be something after we beat Stanford in 2005.
Long story short: it ended up being much tougher sledding. Please be easy on HootyHoo. He will learn some humility, with time.

Sincerely,
SochorField

POD Knows
December 20th, 2018, 11:33 AM
https://gobison.com/news/2018/12/19/bison-football-signing-day.aspx

NORTH DAKOTA STATE 2019 FOOTBALL EARLY SIGNING CLASS

Name
Pos.
Ht.
Wt.
Yr.
Hometown/Previous Schools

Jalen Bussey
RB
5-5
Fr.
Brandon, Fla./Tampa Catholic HS

Anthony Coleman
CB
5-9
Fr.
Grimes, Iowa/Johnston HS

Javier Derritt
DT
6-1
Fr.
Olathe, Kan./St. Thomas Aquinas HS

Lucas Dwyer
LB
6-2
Fr.
Hawthorn Woods, Ill./Lake Zurich HS

Terrell Hall
CB
5-10
Fr.
Winona, Minn./Winona HS

Dylan Hendricks
LB
6-2
Fr.
Pulaski, Wis./Pulaski HS

Jaden Klabo
TE
6-4
Fr.
Fargo, N.D./Fargo Davies HS

Nick Kubitz
LB
6-2
Fr.
Dubuque, Iowa/Dubuque HS

Kaden ****z
WR
5-8
Fr.
Dickinson, N.D./Trinity HS

Jacob Lippe
WR
6-2
Fr.
Port Washington, Wis./Port Washington HS

Eli Mostaert
DE
6-2
Fr.
Lakeville, Minn./Lakeville North HS

Will Mostaert
DE
6-2
Fr.

Zeb Noland
QB
6-3
Jr.
Watkinsville, Ga./Oconee County HS/Iowa State

Hunter Poncius
OL
6-7
Fr.
Buffalo, Minn./Buffalo HS

Jacob Rock
OL
6-6
Fr.
Delafield, Wis./Kettle Moraine HS

Reed Ryan
DE
6-2
Fr.
DeForest, Wis./Waunakee HS

Luke Weerts
LB
6-1
Fr.
Batavia, Ill./Batavia HS

Dawson Weisenberger
TE
6-3
Fr.
Fargo, N.D./Fargo South HS

Brandon Westberg
OL
6-3
Fr.
Cambridge, Minn./Cambridge-Isanti HS

Julian Wlodarczyk
S
6-2
Fr.
Naperville, Ill./Metea Valley HS

Travis Yohnke
TE
6-3
Fr.
Carlos, Minn./Parkers Prairie HS

RECRUITED WALK-ONS

Bryce Anderson
DT
6-2
Fr.
Hawley, Minn./Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton HS

Griffin Crosa
K/P
6-0
Fr.
Powell, Ohio/Dublin Scioto HS

Logan Hofstedt
FB
6-0
Fr.
Cannon Falls, Minn./Cannon Falls HS

Giancarlo Volpentesta
S
6-0
Fr.
Highland Park, Ill./Highland Park HS

SochorField
December 20th, 2018, 11:40 AM
He’s coming...

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2018/12/18/USAT/89568ded-e227-4c59-8f73-999beeda659a-USATSI_11393333.jpg?crop=935,1075,x351,y198&width=534&height=712&fit=bounds&auto=webp

He pulled this down and ran for 4 yards.

Thundar
December 20th, 2018, 11:48 AM

This is very true, we have had big time gets ever see the field only to be beat out by hard working PWO kids, 1 of whom is in the NFL now

SpiderSafety75
December 20th, 2018, 11:59 AM
We can all learn how to lose at home in the quarterfinals in front of family and friends from Kenny-saw State. Meanwhile us'n unenlightened ones will continue to draw 23-25K in a metro area of 134K (25-mile radius of Harrisonburg).

What else is there to do in Harrisonburg?

TheKingpin28
December 20th, 2018, 12:06 PM

Name
Pos.
Ht.
Wt.
Yr.

Jalen Bussey
RB
5-5
Fr.

Anthony Coleman
CB
5-9
Fr.
Grimes, Iowa/Johnston HS

Javier Derritt
DT
6-1
Fr.

Lucas Dwyer
LB
6-2
Fr.

Terrell Hall
CB
5-10
Fr.
Winona, Minn./Winona HS

Dylan Hendricks
LB
6-2
Fr.
Pulaski, Wis./Pulaski HS

Jaden Klabo
TE
6-4
Fr.

Nick Kubitz
LB
6-2
Fr.
Dubuque, Iowa/Dubuque HS

Kaden ****z
WR
5-8
Fr.

Jacob Lippe
WR
6-2
Fr.

Eli Mostaert
DE
6-2
Fr.

Will Mostaert
DE
6-2
Fr.

Zeb Noland
QB
6-3
Jr.

Hunter Poncius
OL
6-7
Fr.

Jacob Rock
OL
6-6
Fr.

Reed Ryan
DE
6-2
Fr.

Luke Weerts
LB
6-1
Fr.
Batavia, Ill./Batavia HS

Dawson Weisenberger
TE
6-3
Fr.

Brandon Westberg
OL
6-3
Fr.

Julian Wlodarczyk
S
6-2
Fr.

Travis Yohnke
TE
6-3
Fr.

RECRUITED WALK-ONS

Bryce Anderson
DT
6-2
Fr.

Griffin Crosa
K/P
6-0
Fr.

Logan Hofstedt
FB
6-0
Fr.

Giancarlo Volpentesta
S
6-0
Fr.

That's a hell of a class but Derritt, Lippe, Weerts, Hendricks, and Ryan are going to be the ones pushing for consistent PT as true freshmen. Still can't believe NDSU got 24/25 to sign initially during the early period.

grizband
December 20th, 2018, 12:09 PM
This is very true, we have had big time gets ever see the field only to be beat out by hard working PWO kids, 1 of whom is in the NFL now
All time Griz great Marc Mariani (WR) started as a walk on, which turned into a several year NFL career.

citdog
December 20th, 2018, 12:26 PM
Andre Roberts, 2018 NFL Pro Bowl Team from the NY Jets, had only an offer from The Citadel and has turned that into a 10 year NFL career.

FUBeAR
December 20th, 2018, 12:36 PM

Name
Pos.
Ht.
Wt.
Yr.

Zeb Noland
QB
6-3
Jr.

Jeez...HS in GA, College in Iowa & North Dakota. On this course, he’s apt to play Pro ball in the CFL & get traded to a Team inside the Arctic Circle!

SochorField
December 20th, 2018, 12:40 PM
Keelan Doss maybe had one star coming out of Alameda High, UC Davis was his only DI scholarship offer.

According to Rivals:
Keelan Doss: 0 stars
Jake Maier: 0 stars
Josh Pearson: 0 stars
Gage Gubrud: Not Listed
Cooper Kupp: 0 stars
Carson Wentz: 0 stars

cx500d
December 20th, 2018, 12:44 PM

Name
Pos.
Ht.
Wt.
Yr.

Jalen Bussey
RB
5-5
Fr.

Anthony Coleman
CB
5-9
Fr.
Grimes, Iowa/Johnston HS

Javier Derritt
DT
6-1
Fr.

Lucas Dwyer
LB
6-2
Fr.

Terrell Hall
CB
5-10
Fr.
Winona, Minn./Winona HS

Dylan Hendricks
LB
6-2
Fr.
Pulaski, Wis./Pulaski HS

Jaden Klabo
TE
6-4
Fr.

Nick Kubitz
LB
6-2
Fr.
Dubuque, Iowa/Dubuque HS

Kaden ****z
WR
5-8
Fr.

Jacob Lippe
WR
6-2
Fr.

Eli Mostaert
DE
6-2
Fr.

Will Mostaert
DE
6-2
Fr.

Zeb Noland
QB
6-3
Jr.

Hunter Poncius
OL
6-7
Fr.

Jacob Rock
OL
6-6
Fr.

Reed Ryan
DE
6-2
Fr.

Luke Weerts
LB
6-1
Fr.
Batavia, Ill./Batavia HS

Dawson Weisenberger
TE
6-3
Fr.

Brandon Westberg
OL
6-3
Fr.

Julian Wlodarczyk
S
6-2
Fr.

Travis Yohnke
TE
6-3
Fr.

RECRUITED WALK-ONS

Bryce Anderson
DT
6-2
Fr.

Griffin Crosa
K/P
6-0
Fr.

Logan Hofstedt
FB
6-0
Fr.

Giancarlo Volpentesta
S
6-0
Fr.

Lakeville had the mostearts listed as 6-4....

Reign of Terrier
December 20th, 2018, 01:53 PM
Wofford signed 18 players. We'll probably sign a couple more for the regular signing day, but I don't know who else is left.

Also, if we're going to but stock in FCS recruiting ratings and think that it transitions to overall success, I will change my avatar to something KSU related if UTM is a #6 seed or higher at any point in the next 4 years.

POD Knows
December 20th, 2018, 02:12 PM
Jeez...HS in GA, College in Iowa & North Dakota. On this course, he’s apt to play Pro ball in the CFL & get traded to a Team inside the Arctic Circle!Yea, he is on his way north, he hit I-35W and when to Ames, Iowa, took the 1-94 exit and will now take I-29 north and hit Blue Bomber country eventually.

clenz
December 20th, 2018, 02:14 PM
Yea, he is on his way north, he hit I-35W and when to Ames, Iowa, took the 1-94 exit and will now take I-29 north and hit Blue Bomber country eventually.I'd bet he went HWY 30 to I29 at Sioux City.

RootinFerDukes
December 20th, 2018, 02:23 PM

Shhhh don't tell him JMU fans often travel from a minimum of 2 hours away to routinely put 23-25K regular season crowds in Bridgeforth. I don't think most in FCS or the G5 can say that.

Reign of Terrier
December 20th, 2018, 02:50 PM

I only lived in VA for about a year but I still feel like that estimate is a bit high

(not calling into question the number, but illustrating the point that central/western VA is rural AF (and beautiful AF)

RootinFerDukes
December 20th, 2018, 02:54 PM
I only lived in VA for about a year but I still feel like that estimate is a bit high

(not calling into question the number, but illustrating the point that central/western VA is rural AF (and beautiful AF)

You can only really consider Harrisonburg and Rockingham county as the Harrisonburg "metro area".

According to their wikipedia pages, FWIW. 2017 estimates.

Harrisonburg - 54,215
Rockingham - 80,227

Yep. 134K.

POD Knows
December 20th, 2018, 03:06 PM
I'd bet he went HWY 30 to I29 at Sioux City.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkThe only reason to go that route would be if you were leaving on a Friday in the summer and you were going to hit the Twin Cities at about 3 p.m. when the entire city heads north to the lakes. Northbound out of there is the mid to late afternoon in the summer can be a mother****er. That Hwy 20 to I-29 route takes about an hour longer, I go to Ames a lot and have went that way a couple times, it is less stressful but seems like it takes forever.

Kemo
December 20th, 2018, 03:39 PM
According to Rivals:
Keelan Doss: 0 stars
Jake Maier: 0 stars
Josh Pearson: 0 stars
Gage Gubrud: Not Listed
Cooper Kupp: 0 stars
Carson Wentz: 0 stars
I don't think Dallas Goedert even had a recruiting profile let alone a rating and had to walk on at SDSU. Heck, most people who followed SD high school football didn't know who he was.

He only went on to be a two time consensus All-American and is currently ranked the top rookie TE in the NFL.

What a bust.

TheKingpin28
December 20th, 2018, 03:44 PM
I don't think Dallas Goedert even had a recruiting profile let alone a rating and had to walk on at SDSU. Heck, most people who followed SD high school football didn't know who he was.

He only went on to be a two time consensus All-American and is currently ranked the top rookie TE in the NFL.

What a bust.Dude couldn't even take over Zach Ertz's spot. Definite bust. xcoffeex

clenz
December 20th, 2018, 04:33 PM

What a bust.David Johnson had one very late in the game

He had 2 scholarship offers

UNI
Illinois State

UNI also had 5* Whitney Lewis who was higher rated than Reggie Bush out of HS. He was a fat POS that did nothing.

cx500d
December 20th, 2018, 04:37 PM
The only reason to go that route would be if you were leaving on a Friday in the summer and you were going to hit the Twin Cities at about 3 p.m. when the entire city heads north to the lakes. Northbound out of there is the mid to late afternoon in the summer can be a mother****er. That Hwy 20 to I-29 route takes about an hour longer, I go to Ames a lot and have went that way a couple times, it is less stressful but seems like it takes forever.

Who did you piss off?

POD Knows
December 20th, 2018, 04:38 PM
Who did you piss off?We have a training center down there. I actually like Ames, not a bad town.

tigonian02
December 20th, 2018, 05:18 PM
Do you live here? I commute from a city past Kennesaw to Atlanta EVERY DAY

cx500d
December 20th, 2018, 05:21 PM
Do you live here? I commute from a city past Kennesaw to Atlanta EVERY DAY

"DFW"?

tigonian02
December 20th, 2018, 05:21 PM
No shortage of potential attendees within a 25 mile radius of Kennesaw. 3.2 million of ‘em. Even in metro ATL, driving <25 miles to attend a Football game on Saturday ain’t no insurmountable hurdle...

https://i.postimg.cc/SNM7yLcY/BFCDAB6-B-7978-4778-B280-6-D0-D01150-E70.png
Your chart excludes Gwinnett which is like the second largest county in the metro area

whoanellie
December 20th, 2018, 05:42 PM
5 million turkeys & 2 million hogs & cattle Moo
You can only really consider Harrisonburg and Rockingham county as the Harrisonburg "metro area".

According to their wikipedia pages, FWIW. 2017 estimates.

Harrisonburg - 54,215
Rockingham - 80,227

Yep. 134K.

clenz
December 20th, 2018, 06:11 PM
We have a training center down there. I actually like Ames, not a bad town.Have you heard about their water?

Derby City Duke
December 20th, 2018, 06:19 PM
What else is there to do in Harrisonburg?

You're right -- it's not as trendy as the "RVA" but it's smack dab in the middle of the Shenandoah Valley and that's all it needs to be. If I ever were to move back to VA it would be to the Valley, not Richmond (even though Richmond is my home town). Plus it's fun to turn Robins 'Stadium' into Bridgeforth East every 2 years -- track = #notastadium.

POD Knows
December 20th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Have you heard about their water?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkBest ever, that is why I stay there instead of Des Moines. Also, the Tip Top Lounge is in Ames, you can't beat that place.

SFA 93
December 20th, 2018, 07:17 PM
New coaching staff got a late start, so will have to wait until Feb. but we did sign two early.

Got to fix that O-line.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Duy22p1V4AASixk.jpg
*** #106 National; #16 OT; #27 State

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuyYikkVAAAprch.jpg:large
*** #22 OC; #7 OC State

Also got a preferred walk-on

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dr1naWtU8AExSAT.jpg
OL: Kendall Major 6-3; 305 Beaumont, Texas (West Brook/Kilgore College) So.

- Starting guard for the Kilgore College Rangers
- 2018 SWJCFC Champions (10-2; 5-2) #4 Final Ranking in Polls
- Helped a rushing attack that averaged 206 yards a game 5.2 per carry with 32 TDs

clenz
December 20th, 2018, 07:22 PM
Best ever, that is why I stay there instead of Des Moines. Also, the Tip Top Lounge is in Ames, you can't beat that place.Have you heard the theme song for the water?

gofurman
December 20th, 2018, 09:37 PM

Hootyhoo, listen to these guys. HARVARD often is ranked as the top FCS class... They were as of a few weeks ago even. I admire Harvard for their academics immensely. But do we really think they would win the national FCS title?

Furman had the Payton award winner in 2001 - best player in the country... Louis Ivory. Furman was the ONLY D1 FBS OR FCS offer he got. At all. No one else thought him worth a scholarship

another example of how these guys miss ? TO. Yep that Terrell Owens. He had a grand total of ONE FCS offer. At UTC. No one thought he was worth FBS or FCS

i admit it you can get a better average by counting FBS offers and total offers and stars. Law of averages etc - if a guy has real offers from Bama and Clemson sure. But it's part science and part art

As a matter of fact some teams/systems don't ever rank high on recruiting because they want a different type of player. Some systems want a smaller OL who is quicker and they win a lot but don't get hyped on recruiting because these recruit rankings look for 6'4 320 lb OL. Who probably aren't what KSU wants as you run option.

Example - Georgia Southern won SIX FCS national titles and didn't rank highly in recruiting many times because their receivers weren't studs and their OL were small (but very athletic). Furman beat NC State twice and won a national title in FCS with moderate ranked recruiting for the same reason.

DFW HOYA
December 20th, 2018, 09:48 PM
Hootyhoo, listen to these guys. HARVARD often is ranked as the top FCS class... They were as of a few weeks ago even. I admire Harvard for their academics immensely. But do we really think they would win the national FCS title?

Not this year, but consider this: NDSU has eight former players on NFL rosters this season. Harvard has nine. There's some talent in Cambridge, but a lot of people never get to see it.

Speaking of which: when has NDSU played east of Youngstown? According to gobison.com, it was in 1937.

gofurman
December 20th, 2018, 09:49 PM

Thank you for some reasonability

gofurman
December 20th, 2018, 09:53 PM
Not this year, but consider this: NDSU has eight former players on NFL rosters this season. Harvard has nine. There's some talent in Cambridge, but a lot of people never get to see it.

Speaking of which: when has NDSU played east of Youngstown? According to gobison.com, it was in 1937.

Hoya, I thought of that. You have a point. That said, HERO or someone ranked Harvard as top FCS recruiting this year and I recall thinking would they really beat NDSU etc ?

gofurman
December 20th, 2018, 09:59 PM

What a bust.

yep. Again I say Terrell Effin Owens ! Dam T.O. NO SCHOLARSHIPS FOR FBS OR FCS ...except UT Chattanooga

That said, sure it's law of averages. You get 10 guys w offers every year from Bama and UGA you are going to win the FCS natty. Furman got Ingle Martin who was the starting SEC Florida QB and immediately went to the semifinals two years in a row .. Fumbled or probably win natty in 2004. Those things matter as do,number of FBS offers etc. but guys do slip through cracks.

cx500d
December 21st, 2018, 12:26 AM

To be fair, Youngstown is only about 44 miles west of Charleston, SC

citdog
December 21st, 2018, 12:48 AM
To be fair, Youngstown is only about 44 miles west of Charleston, SC

If that was true The War would have been over in the summer of '62 with a Confederate victory...

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2018, 02:20 AM
I would guess Kennesaw State is a commuter college with 35,000 students? I don't think I heard too much about the Owls when I lived in the ATL area from 2008-2014. They've definitely made a mark in FCS football since they've been FCS.

They do have a lot of commuters but they have a LOT of on campus students as well. They really got big after they bought Southern Polytechnic a few years back and updated the campus. A few years ago a lot of tech and engineering students had to go out of state because they either couldn't get into GT or thought Southern Poly was a joke (which they kind of were). Since UGA doesn't have a real engineering program, KSU got a lot of students that couldn't get accepted or couldn't afford GT.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2018, 06:22 AM

Why do they need to?

Going to Delaware in '19.

- - - Updated - - -

If that was true The War would have been over in the summer of '62 with a Confederate victory...

The War was over in Aug of 1945. What are you talking about?

UNHWildcat18
December 21st, 2018, 06:27 AM
NDSU signed 25 today (although some of those are PWOs I believe) and the majority of those verballed before September 1st. It's possible to sign a good chunk of players on the early signing day while going on a deep playoff run (and even switching coaches in the process) but the whole process has to get moving early. June/July/August has become prime time for NDSU's recruiting over the last few years much more so than October/November/December.

How does NDSU have such a large class every year?.......... UNH between full and partial will have like 14-17 a year and announce 1-3 walk on on average after the signing period, even then thats a 20 max. Every year I feel like I see NDSU going 20+, even with walk ons thats a lot..

POD Knows
December 21st, 2018, 07:37 AM
Have you heard the theme song for the water?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkOh yea, but that awesome clip is hard to find, it was floating around back when we played the Cyclones down in Ames. My company has a lot of ISU grads working for us and we were sending that clip around to them and giving them a bunch of ****. If you have that video, post it on here again. I was actually making a presentation at our training center in Nevada, IA once and I slipped in the reference to water quality in my presentation, the ISU grads and the NDSU guys in the room busted out laughing, nobody else had a clue what I was talking about.

clenz
December 21st, 2018, 07:44 AM
https://youtu.be/x9v-ubKPymE

POD Knows
December 21st, 2018, 07:48 AM
https://youtu.be/x9v-ubKPymEOMG, there it is. It is even lamer than I remember. How does something that terrible ever see the light of day.

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2018, 08:40 AM
How does NDSU have such a large class every year?.......... UNH between full and partial will have like 14-17 a year and announce 1-3 walk on on average after the signing period, even then thats a 20 max. Every year I feel like I see NDSU going 20+, even with walk ons thats a lot..
This year it's due a lot to 24 seniors but they usually sign 20+ each year due mostly to that healthy preferred walk-on program. I think last year they got around 10 PWOs and this year they're already at 4. NDSU has a starting DT and a starting LB this year that came in as walk-ons and even have a guy now playing for the Indianapolis Colts (OT Joe Haeg) who came in as a walk-on. It's why NDSU has the depth that they do. I think any FCS team with depth needs walk-ons to supplement themselves. Once a player hits the 2 deep at NDSU they do get a scholarship the next year i believe.

Gil Dobie
December 21st, 2018, 08:40 AM

True, if Youngstown is east of Statesboro, GA 2006, or Shippensburgh St, PA 1981.

FUBeAR
December 21st, 2018, 09:16 AM
They do have a lot of commuters but they have a LOT of on campus students as well.

They really got big after they bought Southern Polytechnic a few years back and updated the campus. A few years ago a lot of tech and engineering students had to go out of state because they either couldn't get into GT or thought Southern Poly was a joke (which they kind of were). Since UGA doesn't have a real engineering program, KSU got a lot of students that couldn't get accepted or couldn't afford GT.KSU has almost 5,000 students living on campus.

Georgia Tech offers Engineering programs that are accredited by ABET, the primary accreditation body for US Engineering Schools.

Until 2012 & since 1988, Mercer’s School of Engineering had been the only ABET-accredited non-Ag/Bio Engineering School in Georgia, other than Georgia Tech. Mercer offers fully-accredited BS Engineering degrees with specializations in Biomedical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Industrial, and Mechanical Engineering.

Now, in Georgia, the following 5 schools offer ABET accredited 4 year BS Engineering Degrees (not inclusive of “Engineering Technology” degrees)...

Georgia Institute of Technology > (http://main.abet.org/aps/AccreditedProgramsDetails.aspx?OrganizationID=65&ProgramIDs=) Atlanta (since 1936)
Georgia Southern University > (http://main.abet.org/aps/AccreditedProgramsDetails.aspx?OrganizationID=420&ProgramIDs=) Statesboro (since 2012)
Kennesaw State University > (http://main.abet.org/aps/AccreditedProgramsDetails.aspx?OrganizationID=476&ProgramIDs=) Kennesaw (Construction Eng since 2009; others 2012)
Mercer University > (http://main.abet.org/aps/AccreditedProgramsDetails.aspx?OrganizationID=389&ProgramIDs=) Macon (since 1988)
University of Georgia > (http://main.abet.org/aps/AccreditedProgramsDetails.aspx?OrganizationID=784&ProgramIDs=) Athens (various to 1961 for Ag/Bio-related; 2016 for most Non-Ag/Bio - Electrical, Mechanical, etc.)

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2018, 09:25 AM
KSU has almost 5,000 students living on campus.

Georgia Tech offers Engineering programs that are accredited by ABET, the primary accreditation body for US Engineering Schools.

Until 2012 & since 1988, Mercer’s School of Engineering had been the only ABET-accredited non-Ag/Bio Engineering School in Georgia, other than Georgia Tech. Mercer offers fully-accredited BS Engineering degrees with specializations in Biomedical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Industrial, and Mechanical Engineering.

Now, in Georgia, the following 5 schools offer ABET accredited 4 year BS Engineering Degrees (not inclusive of “Engineering Technology” degrees)...

Georgia Institute of Technology > (http://main.abet.org/aps/AccreditedProgramsDetails.aspx?OrganizationID=65&ProgramIDs=) Atlanta (since 1936)
Georgia Southern University > (http://main.abet.org/aps/AccreditedProgramsDetails.aspx?OrganizationID=420&ProgramIDs=) Statesboro (since 2012)
Kennesaw State University > (http://main.abet.org/aps/AccreditedProgramsDetails.aspx?OrganizationID=476&ProgramIDs=) Kennesaw (Construction Eng since 2009; others 2012)
Mercer University > (http://main.abet.org/aps/AccreditedProgramsDetails.aspx?OrganizationID=389&ProgramIDs=) Macon (since 1988)
University of Georgia > (http://main.abet.org/aps/AccreditedProgramsDetails.aspx?OrganizationID=784&ProgramIDs=) Athens (various to 1961 for Ag/Bio-related; 2016 for most Non-Ag/Bio - Electrical, Mechanical, etc.)

Mercer's tuition is atrocious. My brother spends less living in Marietta than he would in Macon going to Mercer.

UGA only got non-bio engineering because GT has one and they saw what it did for KSU. It doesn't have an established reputation.

Statesboro sucks. Nuff said.

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2018, 09:25 AM

OMG WTF did I just watch xconfusedx

POD Knows
December 21st, 2018, 09:31 AM
OMG WTF did I just watch xconfusedx
"Pour a glass of water when you visit our town"
"Crack a smile, drink it down, it is the cleanest around"

FUBeAR
December 21st, 2018, 09:33 AM
Mercer's tuition is atrocious.

UGA...got engineering

Statesboro
Great...so you’re agreeing that your post about UGa not having a “real engineering program” & that GT or SouthernPoly (now KSU) being the only in-State options (omitting Mercer & GaSou) was incorrect. #FactsLivesMatter

oh...and, personally, FREE was FAR from “atrocious”

clenz
December 21st, 2018, 09:37 AM
OMG WTF did I just watch xconfusedxYou're welcome

That was put out by the city of Ames. It was so widely made fun of and got so many dislikes on YouTube and negative attention they city deleted the video 2 weeks later and refused to acknowledge it exists.

They forgot once it's online it's online. There are hundreds of mirrors of it all over. Everytime one goes away another pops up.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2018, 09:42 AM
Great...so you’re agreeing that your post about UGa not having a “real engineering program” & that GT or SouthernPoly (now KSU) being the only in-State options (omitting Mercer & GaSou) was incorrect. #FactsLivesMatter

oh...and, personally, FREE was FAR from “atrocious”Where did I say they were the only ones in the State?

I see that free ride didn't help your reading comprehension.

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

FUBeAR
December 21st, 2018, 10:11 AM
Where did I say they were the only ones in the State?

I see that free ride didn't help your reading comprehension.

“...tech and engineering students had to go out of state because they either couldn't get into GT or thought Southern Poly was a joke”

If you don’t think the above reads as these 2 being the only in-State options for Georgia residents, then you might want to consider refreshing your communications classes.

...and, BTW, my “free rides” were not taken at Mercer. They were taken at Furman & Clemson (CU/FU MBA as a GA Coach at FU). “FUBeAR the Younger” took and is taking his “free rides” as a Mercer BS CompSci undergrad & as a Mercer Engineering Research Center (MERC) employee as a Software Engineer & soon-to-be Mercer Masters in Software Engineering.

Wondering why you so often resort to ad hominem quips when you’re wrong. It just comes across as so weak.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2018, 10:14 AM
“...tech and engineering students had to go out of state because they either couldn't get into GT or thought Southern Poly was a joke”

If you don’t think the above reads as these 2 being the only in-State options for Georgia residents, then you might want to consider refreshing your communications classes.

...and, BTW, my “free rides” were not taken at Mercer. They were taken at Furman & Clemson (CU/FU MBA as a GA Coach at FU). “FUBeAR the Younger” took and is taking his “free rides” as a Mercer BS CompSci undergrad & as a Mercer Engineering Research Center (MERC) employee as a Software Engineer & soon-to-be Mercer Masters in Software Engineering.

Wondering why you so often resort to ad hominem quips when you’re wrong. It just comes across as so weak.Why would someone who couldn't afford GT go to Mercer? Why would someone who can get a full-time to Auburn or Hope for KSU settle for UGA or GaSo?

You're absolutely lying to yourself if you think UGA or GaSo are relevant engineering schools.

I'm sorry you're triggered I didn't mention your bro's overpriced univeristy in a town no one wants to live in. The only people I have ever met who went to Mercer went because it was free for them.

UNHWildcat18
December 21st, 2018, 10:15 AM
This year it's due a lot to 24 seniors but they usually sign 20+ each year due mostly to that healthy preferred walk-on program. I think last year they got around 10 PWOs and this year they're already at 4. NDSU has a starting DT and a starting LB this year that came in as walk-ons and even have a guy now playing for the Indianapolis Colts (OT Joe Haeg) who came in as a walk-on. It's why NDSU has the depth that they do. I think any FCS team with depth needs walk-ons to supplement themselves. Once a player hits the 2 deep at NDSU they do get a scholarship the next year i believe.

I see I see, guess only 1-3 kids a year want to talk onto UNH xlolx. One thing I wish they did like NDSU and some other schools, is report all at once the PWO's and scholarship signees. It's one thing if a kid truly comes in at a later date as a walk on, but if not, just put him on the national signing day report, even if it says PWO.

UNH will just make a statement about walk ons later in the month or even march.

Derby City Duke
December 21st, 2018, 10:44 AM

3:19 of my life I'll never reclaim, learning about the City of A-ames...

:pumpuke:

clenz
December 21st, 2018, 11:05 AM

:pumpuke:HOOORAAYYY!

BisonFan02
December 21st, 2018, 11:08 AM
HOOORAAYYY!

Someone....somewhere.....watched that video and went, "yup...that'll do"...and signed off on it.

citdog
December 21st, 2018, 11:18 AM
That video is Hot Hot Hot!

UAalum72
December 21st, 2018, 11:43 AM
http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=70366&SPID=8009&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211783349&DB_OEM_ID=15800

Thirteen for Albany, two more commits expected in February

Name Position Height Weight High School Hometown
Jackson Ambush Linebacker 5'11" 208 Linganore New Market, MD
Elijah Ayers Cornerback 6'1" 175 Springfield Central Springfield, MA
Garrett Bledsoe Linebacker 5'10" 200 La Salle Cincinnati, OH
Jalahn Dabney Running back 6'1" 200 Somerville Somerville, N.J.
Shawn Evans Safety 5'10" 185 St. Frances Academy Accokeek, MD
Jordan Irizarry Wide Receiver 6'0" 175 NSU University Pembroke Pines, FL
Rushawn Lawrence Defensive Line 6'4" 240 Monsignor Bonner/Archbishop Philadelphia, PA
Christian Lewis Running Back 5'11" 185 Farrell Farrell, PA
Liam Maloney Offensive Line 6'8" 265 Notre Dame Bishop Gibbons Schenectady, NY
Shane McLaughlin Quarterback 6'0" 190 Lackawanna CC West Grove, PA
Jonny Moore Offensive Line 6'5" 320 Erie Erie, PA
Jared Verse Defensive Line 6'4" 215 Central Columbia Berwick, PA
Larry Walker, Jr. Safety 5'11" 182 Aliquippa Aliquippa, PA

clenz
December 21st, 2018, 11:46 AM
Someone....somewhere.....watched that video and went, "yup...that'll do"...and signed off on it.The city of Aaaammmeeesssss

Actually if you read the credits, the lead singer works for Iowa State in their water section of the AG department.

She used Iowa State money (so state money) to write and make that for Iowa State and the city

FUBeAR
December 21st, 2018, 12:23 PM
Why would someone who couldn't afford GT go to Mercer? Why would someone who can get a full-time to Auburn or Hope for KSU settle for UGA or GaSo?

You're absolutely lying to yourself if you think UGA or GaSo are relevant engineering schools.

I'm sorry you're triggered I didn't mention your bro's overpriced univeristy in a town no one wants to live in. The only people I have ever met who went to Mercer went because it was free for them.
There are many good & different reasons why many different students & their families choose many different schools. Not everyone shares your circumstances or your opinions. Failure to recognize that reality is a fairly narcissistic view, don’t you think?

How would you define “relevant engineering schools?” Mercer, UGa & GaSou offer ABET accredited undergraduate bachelor of science in engineering and/or bachelor of engineering degrees. Thus, their engineering graduates are able to attain P.E. Certification. UGa is an R1, and Mercer & GaSou are R2 Research Universities. US News ranks UGa #116 among Eng. Schools that offer a doctorate. They rank Mercer #30 with GaSou & KSU tied at #100 for Eng. Schools that don’t offer a doctorate. Does that make them “relevant.” I don’t know. I know they aren’t GT or MIT, but irrelevant? I, honestly, don’t know, is JSU a “relevant engineering school?”

FUBeAR Triggered? Notice in my initial reply, I made no reference that your posting was incorrect and, instead, just posted the actual facts, in case anyone cared to know the truth of the matter. That, apparently, “triggered” you to ‘attack’ 3 universities and then to attack FUBeAR in a subsequent post. Hard to accurately characterize simple presentation of facts as a “triggered” response. Easy to see multiple sprayed attacks as such.

Son, not Bro.

Macon-Bibb is the 4th largest metro area in GA with over 150k residents. If the military populations of the Columbus & Augusta area are extracted, Macon-Bibb approaches the 2nd largest. While Macon fell into hard times with the exit of Brown & Williamson’s HQ, it is experiencing a vibrant renaissance (led in large measure by Mercer U.) within its downtown area & along the 2nd Street corridor which leads to Mercer’s campus. Utilizing the same Consulting firm that conceptualized a similar rebirth for Greenville, SC, there is a well-defined plan & I’ve seen evidence of the improvements in almost each of my frequents visits to Macon from 2012 to present.

Mercer does have an outstanding Financial Aid program resulting in very few, if any, students paying ‘sticker price’ to attend. US News ranks Mercer as the #35 Best Value among National Universities. It resides at that ranking between Boston College, Carnegie Mellon, Saint Louis University, and Southern Cal. Perhaps, you should try to meet more people.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2018, 12:28 PM
There are many good & different reasons why many different students & their families choose many different schools. Not everyone shares your circumstances or your opinions. Failure to recognize that reality is a fairly narcissistic view, don’t you think?

How would you define “relevant engineering schools?” Mercer, UGa & GaSou offer ABET accredited undergraduate bachelor of science in engineering and/or bachelor of engineering degrees. Thus, their engineering graduates are able to attain P.E. Certification. UGa is an R1, and Mercer & GaSou are R2 Research Universities. US News ranks UGa #116 among Eng. Schools that offer a doctorate. They rank Mercer #30 with GaSou & KSU tied at #100 for Eng. Schools that don’t offer a doctorate. Does that make them “relevant.” I don’t know. I know they aren’t GT or MIT, but irrelevant? I, honestly, don’t know, is JSU a “relevant engineering school?”

FUBeAR Triggered? Notice in my initial reply, I made no reference that your posting was incorrect and, instead, just posted the actual facts, in case anyone cared to know the truth of the matter. That, apparently, “triggered” you to ‘attack’ 3 universities and then to attack FUBeAR in a subsequent post. Hard to accurately characterize simple presentation of facts as a “triggered” response. Easy to see multiple sprayed attacks as such.

Son, not Bro.

Macon-Bibb is the 4th largest metro area in GA with over 150k residents. If the military populations of the Columbus & Augusta area are extracted, Macon-Bibb approaches the 2nd largest. While Macon fell into hard times with the exit of Brown & Williamson’s HQ, it is experiencing a vibrant renaissance (led in large measure by Mercer U.) within its downtown area & along the 2nd Street corridor which leads to Mercer’s campus. Utilizing the same Consulting firm that conceptualized a similar rebirth for Greenville, SC, there is a well-defined plan & I’ve seen evidence of the improvements in almost each of my frequents visits to Macon from 2012 to present.

Mercer does have an outstanding Financial Aid program resulting in very few, if any, students paying ‘sticker price’ to attend. US News ranks Mercer as the #35 Best Value among National Universities. It resides at that ranking between Boston College, Carnegie Mellon, Saint Louis University, and Southern Cal. Perhaps, you should try to meet more people.JSU is not a big engineering school, but it is also not in Georgia.

Macon is a ****hole.

Stay triggered, my friend.

FUBeAR
December 21st, 2018, 12:39 PM
JSU is not a big engineering school, but it is also not in Georgia.

Macon was a ****hole.

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk”...not a big engineering school...” I’m not sure if that answers the question if you define it as “relevant” or irrelevant, as you labeled the ABET accredited Enginnering Schools at UGa & GaSou. Perhaps you can clarify.

FYP

Keep spewing incorrect information, uninformed opinions, and lame ad hominem ‘arguments,’ and I’ll continue to tell the truth.

We good.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2018, 12:45 PM
”...not a big engineering school...” I’m not sure if that answers the question if you define it as “relevant” or irrelevant, as you labeled the ABET accredited Enginnering Schools at UGa & GaSou. Perhaps you can clarify.

FYP

Keep spewing incorrect information, uninformed opinions, and lame ad hominem ‘arguments,’ and I’ll continue to tell the truth.

We good.It's not relevant because it's, GET THIS, not in Georgia.

I posted a reply to a guy who asked about Kennesaw State. Not JSU. Not Mercer. Kennesaw State University.

You responded to me (unprompted btw, I never asked anything) because you're pissy I glossed over your little bro's school. You know how I know that's the reason? Because you do the same **** with Furman and football. It's getting real old. It's why everyone who isn't a Furman fan now hates Furman more than before this season started. You and Windbreaker just can't help yourselves. You remind me a lot of World.

cx500d
December 21st, 2018, 12:48 PM
They do have a lot of commuters but they have a LOT of on campus students as well. They really got big after they bought Southern Polytechnic a few years back and updated the campus. A few years ago a lot of tech and engineering students had to go out of state because they either couldn't get into GT or thought Southern Poly was a joke (which they kind of were). Since UGA doesn't have a real engineering program, KSU got a lot of students that couldn't get accepted or couldn't afford GT.

WTF are you talking about "couldn't afford GT" ...since UGA doesn't have a real engineering program? GT is a public school and the tuition is the same or even less than UGA.

Oh, and BTW, JSU doesn't have a real engineering program either.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2018, 12:59 PM
WTF are you talking about "couldn't afford GT" ...since UGA doesn't have a real engineering program? GT is a public school and the tuition is the same or even less than UGA.

Oh, and BTW, JSU doesn't have a real engineering program either.I'm aware what JSU has.

I'm also aware what UGA, GT, and Kennesaw have.

UGA isn't **** compared to either of them. Not yet. Kennesaw inherited an established engineering program with Southern Poly. Southern Poly often partnered with GT and offered joint classes for students. The reason a lot of people didn't like it was because it never felt like it didn't have much rep compared to something like Auburn's program (which can be attended for a similar rate because Auburn has some bomb ass scholarship programs even for Georgians) and the GT gigs were hard to get into. UGA’s program is in it's infancy. It literally started two years ago. Give it a few years and I'm sure it will get there but the future of UGA doesn't mean jack **** when talk about the recent history of KSU, you know, the actual topic.

My brother is an engineering student at KSU. I'll be getting my masters in electronics engineering from KSU. Dozens of my friends from high school I stay in touch with and even my old roommate here at Jax are at UGA and I even have some friends that went to Southern Poly when it was still Southern Poly. You aren't going to bring anything to this discussion I don't already know.

citdog
December 21st, 2018, 01:10 PM
It's not relevant because it's, GET THIS, not in Georgia.

I posted a reply to a guy who asked about Kennesaw State. Not JSU. Not Mercer. Kennesaw State University.

You responded to me (unprompted btw, I never asked anything) because you're pissy I glossed over your little bro's school. You know how I know that's the reason? Because you do the same **** with Furman and football. It's getting real old. It's why everyone who isn't a Furman fan now hates Furman more than before this season started. You and Windbreaker just can't help yourselves. You remind me a lot of World.

Even when acquired later in life a hatred for furman, who sucks, does a body good.

cx500d
December 21st, 2018, 01:12 PM
Even when acquired later in life a hatred for furman, who sucks, does a body good.

He cries about a lot of stuff

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2018, 01:13 PM
Even when acquired later in life a hatred for furman, who sucks, does a body good.It was funny, the last couple years I saw the "Furman sucks" posts as superficial smack, but after this season I think I'm finally starting to understand the true weight of that comment.

citdog
December 21st, 2018, 01:20 PM
It was funny, the last couple years I saw the "Furman sucks" posts as superficial smack, but after this season I think I'm finally starting to understand the true weight of that comment.

"Let the hatred flow through you."

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2018, 01:21 PM
He cries about a lot of stuff

It's not even that, the dude is just an insufferable asshole. Like I said, he's like World. He interjects for dumb **** nobody asked about and beats it to death and then some. It's not even the disagreement that's annoying, I disagree with you, POD, Oline, etc. In the poli board all the time but I would not say any of you are insufferable. In that section, I know what kind of responses I'm going to be entering into when I'm there, outside of that section you guys are all pretty chill and I think you guys contribute to the board in an enjoyable way.

This dude is just annoying everywhere and I didn't comment about KSU to get into some pissing match about Mercer or comment on a bubble team like ISUb to get a novel about how Furman got the shaft. Again, that's obnoxious World caliber **** and it doesn't make the board enjoyable.

citdog
December 21st, 2018, 01:25 PM
It's not even that, the dude is just an insufferable asshole. Like I said, he's like World. He interjects for dumb **** nobody asked about and beats it to death and then some. It's not even the disagreement that's annoying, I disagree with you, POD, Oline, etc. In the poli board all the time but I would say any of you are insufferable. In that section, I know what kind of responses I'm going to be entering into when I'm there, outside of that section you guys are all pretty chill and I think you guys contribute to the board in an enjoyable way.

This dude is just annoying everywhere and I didn't comment about KSU to get into some pissing match about Mercer or comment on a bubble team like ISUb to get a novel about how Furman got the shaft. Again, that's obnoxious World caliber **** and it doesn't make the board enjoyable.

There is a far simpler way to say the above with an astonishing amount of word economy...

furman sucks

FUBeAR
December 21st, 2018, 01:30 PM
It's not relevant because it's, GET THIS, not in Georgia.

You responded to me (unprompted btw, I never asked anything)OK, so you’re “relevant” comment meant ‘relevant within the state of Georgia.’ I understand your meaning now. That said, with GaSou tied with KSU in their category rankings, and UGa ranked near the Top 100 of over 200 schools nationally ranked in that category and all having ABET accreditation, I guess you are saying that GT and Mercer (maybe?) are the ONLY “relevant” engineering schools in GA, in your opinion. OK. The UGa Engineering Grads and their families that I saw beaming last week at UGa’s Grad Ceremony probably disagree with your assessment. But, as always, everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of the level of knowledge that informs that opinion.

I’m still curious, notably, outside the scope of your comments, about your opinion of JSU’s Engineering program’s general relevance in relation to the schools mentioned...if you care to share.

Yes, I will often respond to posts that contain factual errors (as yours did), providing correct information, even without being asked to do so. Are you saying that’s outside of the realm of appropriate message board behavior and staking your claim as the arbiter of such behavior? OK. I’ll take that under advisement.

citdog
December 21st, 2018, 01:47 PM
jsubandgeek the genesis of "furman sucks" is an ancient one. Cato The Elder after any public speech would close with "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam". "Furthermore I am of the opinion Carthage should be destroyed."

furman sucks

FUBeAR
December 21st, 2018, 02:04 PM
It's not even that, the dude is just an insufferable asshole.Nice.

Here’s the thing. One can’t agree or disagree with facts. If you post erroneous facts & those facts are corrected, that’s not a disagreement. It’s just information.

The problem is when your facts are wrong and you’re called on it, you just can’t accept that and you are the one who responds with flaming off-tangent rants & insults, etc. (such as this) & keeps the “big deal” going over stupid stuff.

Just say nothing at all or “my bust, you’re right” or present facts supporting your original claim of fact. Not hard. No drama required.

FUBeAR
December 21st, 2018, 02:12 PM
You aren't going to bring anything to this discussion I don't already know.Hey, I remember you from Saturday morning cartoons when I was a little kid.
https://i.imgflip.com/1sfb4i.jpg

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2018, 02:20 PM
Nice.

Here’s the thing. One can’t agree or disagree with facts. If you post erroneous facts & those facts are corrected, that’s not a disagreement. It’s just information.

The problem is when your facts are wrong and you’re called on it, you just can’t accept that and you are the one who responds with flaming off-tangent rants & insults, etc. (such as this) & keeps the “big deal” going over stupid stuff.

Just say nothing at all or “my bust, you’re right” or present facts supporting your original claim of fact. Not hard. No drama required.Everything in my post was true. I said "a lot of the students" multiple times because that's what a majority of them did. I said "a lot of the students" (not all of them) in my OP because not all of them went strictly by what I posted. Some of them do go to UGA, Mercer, and if they're really unlucky, GaSo. But those schools weren't relevant to my point.

I know the trends around KSU before and after the Poly aquisition because I'm one of the examples of someone who went elsewhere before they got Poly.

I couldn't get into GT when I graduated. I couldn't afford Mercer. UGA and GaSo didn't have programs and KSU hadn't fully transitioned Poly. They finished it my sophomore year at Jax. I went to JSU to do my core classes with the intent on transferring to Auburn for my major courses. Due to my financial situation I wasn't able to transfer and now I'm doing what I can with JSU's engineering department, no it's not the greatest department in the world but the staff all have a lot of real world connections and references I'll be able to use once I get out, the program has accreditation and it does the job. JSU wasn't supposed to be where I got my engineering degree from but **** happens. If I had a do over I'd go to Kennesaw but I don't regret any of the time I've spent at Jax.

But like I said, you're pissy I didn't mention little ol' Mercer. GaSo and UGA getting their programs after KSU didn't have an effect on the before and after of KSU. I'm sure this will go one ear and out the other and I'm not exactly sure why I waste my time with you.

As I said before you are a total pest and if you just disappeared from the board it would make my day. So congrats. You're on my ignore list now. You should be honored. You have the list all to yourself.

citdog
December 21st, 2018, 02:25 PM
Everything in my post was true. I said "a lot of the students" multiple times because that's what a majority of them did. I said "a lot of the students" (not all of them) in my OP because not all of them went strictly by what I posted. Some of them do go to UGA, Mercer, and if they're really unlucky, GaSo. But those schools weren't relevant to my point.

I know the trends around KSU before and after the Poly aquisition because I'm one of the examples of someone who went elsewhere before they got Poly.

I couldn't get into GT and when I graduated. I couldn't afford Mercer. UGA and GaSo didn't have programs and KSU hadn't fully transitioned Poly. They finished it my sophomore year at Jax. I went to JSU to do my core classes with the intent on transferring to Auburn for my major courses. Due to my financial situation I wasn't able to transfer and now I'm doing what I can with JSU's engineering department, no it's not the greatest department in the world but the staff all have a lot of real world connections and references I'll be able to use once I get out, the program has accreditation and it does the job. JSU wasn't supposed to be where I got my engineering degree from but **** happens. If I go have a do over I'd go to Kennesaw but I don't regret any of the time I've spent at Jax.

But like I said, you're pissy I didn't mention little ol' Mercer. GaSo and UGA getting their programs after KSU didn't have an affect on the before and after of KSU. I'm sure this will go one ear and out the other and I'm not exactly sure why I waste my time with you.

As I said before you are a total pest and if you just disappeared from the board it would make my day. So congrats. You're on my ignore list now. You should be honored. You have the list all to yourself.

The ignore list is for wimps.

FUBeAR
December 21st, 2018, 02:26 PM
"Let the hatred flow through you."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dft63gHqqKo

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2018, 02:27 PM
The ignore list is for wimps.You know, I had that thought since I've been here too but you know, I like being here and talking to all of you and he honestly just ruins it. So he's not going to ruin AGS for me.

BisonFan02
December 21st, 2018, 02:28 PM
You know, I had that thought since I've been here too but you know, I like being here and talking to all of you and he honestly just ruins it. So he's not going to ruin AGS for me.

Can I do it? xlolx

citdog
Can I do it? xlolx

Can ya??

JSUSoutherner
Can I do it? xlolx

You can try xlolx

BisonFan02
December 21st, 2018, 02:30 PM
You can try xlolx

ok

ElCid
December 21st, 2018, 02:39 PM
Nice.

Just say nothing at all or “my bust, you’re right” or present facts supporting your original claim of fact. Not hard. No drama required.

I think it is that he is not precise with his words and/or meaning and thinks you get it, regardless. It's an affliction of youth.

Reign of Terrier
December 21st, 2018, 02:49 PM
Fwiw there's no such thing as erroneous facts. Those are called falsehoods.

Also this thread is about FCS recruiting. And FU Bear is alright if you don't expect him to not be a homer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Outsider1
December 21st, 2018, 02:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dft63gHqqKo

Still a classic, will never get old!

Outsider1
December 21st, 2018, 03:00 PM
Most all of us still have our off times..... ACU is still sitting at 11 new recruits and still mostly JUCO at this point. We have been better at our HS recruiting lately but I think we realized we had some immediate depth gap we have to fill. I am really happy that out PWO program is getting better. We had a couple of PWO players this year that really contributed. It is great to see those players work their way through; prove themeselves. It shows on the field. I don't foresee much change until Feb.

FUBeAR
December 21st, 2018, 03:02 PM
Everything in my post was true. I said "a lot of the students" multiple times because that's what a majority of them did. I said "a lot of the students" (not all of them) in my OP because not all of them went strictly by what I posted. Some of them do go to UGA, Mercer, and if they're really unlucky, GaSo. But those schools weren't relevant to my point.

I couldn't get into GT when I graduated. I couldn't afford Mercer. UGA and GaSo didn't have programs and KSU hadn't fully transitioned Poly. They finished it my sophomore year at Jax. I went to JSU to do my core classes with the intent on transferring to Auburn for my major courses. Due to my financial situation I wasn't able to transfer and now I'm doing what I can with JSU's engineering department, no it's not the greatest department in the world but the staff all have a lot of real world connections and references I'll be able to use once I get out, the program has accreditation and it does the job. JSU wasn't supposed to be where I got my engineering degree from but **** happens. If I had a do over I'd go to Kennesaw but I don't regret any of the time I've spent at Jax.

But like I said, you're pissy I didn't mention little ol' Mercer. GaSo and UGA getting their programs after KSU didn't have an effect on the before and after of KSU. I'm sure this will go one ear and out the other and I'm not exactly sure why I waste my time with you.

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using TapatalkWell, I guess you won’t see this, but you finally made a reasonably good point when you cited that you said “a lot of the students” and not ALL students. I still believe most readers, as I did, would have interpreted your “had to go out of state”, “either...GT...or...SP/KSU” statement to mean those were the only in-state options. And, you specifically stated “UGa doesn’t have a real engineering program,” which is certainly not true.

So, why did my informing readers, in a relatively succinct post, about the other available engineering degree options in GA, including UGa’s real one, without mentioning your post & only quoting it to provide context, incite you to respond & insult those other 3 schools/cities? Is that not “pesky?” Do you expect others to accept your insults without responding?

In my household alone, I have 2 UGa degrees, 1-soon-to-be-2 Mercer degrees, 1 Furman degree, and 2 Former Student-Athletes who played for Furman & Mercer. I don’t intend to accept your slights & insults to any of those schools or Teams without response - some factual, some humorous, and maybe, some light-hearted smack. If you can’t accept that, then...Ignore Away. I’ll still be here havin’ fun.

Oh...and The-less Citadel sux way more bigly than Furman!

FUBeAR
December 21st, 2018, 03:28 PM
Fwiw there's no such thing as erroneous facts. Those are called falsehoods.

Also this thread is about FCS recruiting. And FU Bear is alright if you don't expect him to not be a homer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalkfalsehood, to me, connotates lying and I certainly didn’t want to imply that. Got any other single words for statements purported to be facts, but are incorrect?

...and FUBeAR is a bihomer. Much like a typical bellhop on a weekend pass, I double my chances of getting lucky that way. On the other hand, I expose myself to 2x the amount of crap the rest of you heterohomers (whatever) have to take.

POD Knows
December 21st, 2018, 03:31 PM
Well, I guess you won’t see this, but you finally made a reasonably good point when you cited that you said “a lot of the students” and not ALL students. I still believe most readers, as I did, would have interpreted your “had to go out of state”, “either...GT...or...SP/KSU” statement to mean those were the only in-state options. And, you specifically stated “UGa doesn’t have a real engineering program,” which is certainly not true.

So, why did my informing readers, in a relatively succinct post, about the other available engineering degree options in GA, including UGa’s real one, without mentioning your post & only quoting it to provide context, incite you to respond & insult those other 3 schools/cities? Is that not “pesky?” Do you expect others to accept your insults without responding?

In my household alone, I have 2 UGa degrees, 1-soon-to-be-2 Mercer degrees, 1 Furman degree, and 2 Former Student-Athletes who played for Furman & Mercer. I don’t intend to accept your slights & insults to any of those schools or Teams without response - some factual, some humorous, and maybe, some light-hearted smack. If you can’t accept that, then...Ignore Away. I’ll still be here havin’ fun.

Oh...and The-less Citadel sux way more bigly than Furman!I will reply to your replies and to your posts so he has to see them anyway while you are being blocked.

cx500d
December 21st, 2018, 03:32 PM
JSU is not a engineering school, but it is also not in Georgia.

Macon is a ****hole.

Fyp

cx500d
December 21st, 2018, 03:33 PM
It's not even that, the dude is just an insufferable asshole. Like I said, he's like World. He interjects for dumb **** nobody asked about and beats it to death and then some. It's not even the disagreement that's annoying, I disagree with you, POD, Oline, etc. In the poli board all the time but I would not say any of you are insufferable. In that section, I know what kind of responses I'm going to be entering into when I'm there, outside of that section you guys are all pretty chill and I think you guys contribute to the board in an enjoyable way.

He’s nothing like “World” but you might want to look in the mirror

FUBeAR
December 21st, 2018, 04:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8B6JIbfFRA

citdog
December 21st, 2018, 04:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8B6JIbfFRA

I had a muvement upon awakening this morning. Another after a couple cups of coffee.

FUBeAR
December 21st, 2018, 04:56 PM
I had a muvement upon awakening this morning. Another after a couple cups of coffee.Thanks for your update regarding the bellhops’ signing class.

SFA 93
December 21st, 2018, 04:58 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Du-DKMqUYAAC76-.jpg

cx500d
December 21st, 2018, 05:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Du-DKMqUYAAC76-.jpg

If only you guys could put as much effort into your play as you do in your marketing

ElCid
December 21st, 2018, 05:28 PM
Macon is a ****hole.

This is not one of those erroneous facts. Pretty spot on. When I lived in middle Georgia, a trip to Macon was done out of necessity, not desire. Place is a hole.

FUBeAR
December 21st, 2018, 05:40 PM
This is not one of those erroneous facts. Pretty spot on. When I lived in middle Georgia, a trip to Macon was done out of necessity, not desire. Place may have once been a hole.FYP

When did you move away from Middle Georgia?

SFA 93
December 21st, 2018, 05:45 PM
If only you guys could put as much effort into your play as you do in your marketing

That's what we are trying to do, got a new AD Ryan Ivey and a new Head Coach Colby Carthel, both proven winners at other stops, so lets see what they can do at SFA.

Before Carthel was hired at Texas A&M Commerce (Ryan Ivey hired him at TX A&M Commerce when he was their AD) Now they are together again.

TEXAS A&M - COMMERCE 2012 (1-9); 2011 (1-9); 2010 (3-8)

After he was hired
2013: 7-5; 2-4; 5th
2014: 9-3; 6-1; 1st Place LONE STAR CHAMPIONS #24 Ranking
2015: 8-4; 6-0; 1st Place LONE STAR CHAMPIONS; PLAYOFFS #22 Ranking
2016: 11-2; 8-1; 1st Place LONE STAR CHAMPIONS; PLAYOFFS #9 Ranking
2017: 14-1; 7-1; 2nd Place NATIONAL CHAMPIONS; PLAYOFFS #1 Ranking
2018: 10-3; 7-1; 2nd Place PLAYOFFS #15 Ranking

58-18; 35-8

- First winning season in a decade
- First Playoff win since 1991

The University is currently looking for a new President as well, so major changes in major leadership rolls taking place.

ElCid
December 21st, 2018, 05:58 PM
FYP

When did you move away from Middle Georgia?

Dude, I lived in Warner Robins from 92-96 and again from 06-16. Macon was marginally better by the time we left in 16. I was never impressed with it. Plenty of nicer places to live or go to school than Macon. That is not a knock on Mercer, but Macon. Sucks for Mercer. The entire place suffers from the local politics.

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2018, 01:02 AM
Dude, I lived in Warner Robins from 92-96 and again from 06-16. Macon was marginally better by the time we left in 16. I was never impressed with it. Plenty of nicer places to live or go to school than Macon. That is not a knock on Mercer, but Macon. Sucks for Mercer. The entire place suffers from the local politics.

Oh but those two years were a total Mercer-led renaissance in the Macon area! It's beautiful and all of our old run down abandoned buildings are now plated with gold! Somehow it made the already astromical crime rate even higher! It's really something. You should see it.

JK, it's still a ****-hole. Unless they completely leveled the place since I was there Saturday, of course. Then it would just be a ****-stain. :D

FUBeAR
December 22nd, 2018, 02:41 AM
Macon area...astromical crime rate

I was there SaturdayPer “Best Places” - Violent crime rates in Georgia’s 4 largest cities...

Crime is ranked on a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime)
Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.

Atlanta violent crime is 91.5
Augusta-Richmond County violent crime is 69.2
Macon violent crime is 58.0
Columbus violent crime is 45.9

Were you there interviewing for 1 of the 500 jobs that the new 1mm sq. ft. Amazon Distribution Center is bringing to Macon-Bibb in Q1 of 2019? https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news/local/amazon-plans-to-start-hiring-for-south-bibb-distribution-center-in-early-2019/93-588331961

The location is 10 minutes from Mercer’s Five Star Stadium. You’ll love going to Bears games!

POD Knows
December 22nd, 2018, 09:50 AM
Per “Best Places” - Violent crime rates in Georgia’s 4 largest cities...

Crime is ranked on a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime)
Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.

Were you there interviewing for 1 of the 500 jobs that the new 1mm sq. ft. Amazon Distribution Center is bringing to Macon-Bibb in Q1 of 2019? https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news/local/amazon-plans-to-start-hiring-for-south-bibb-distribution-center-in-early-2019/93-588331961

The location is 10 minutes from Mercer’s Five Star Stadium. You’ll love going to Bears games!Bumped for JSU guy viewing

ST_Lawson
December 22nd, 2018, 10:18 AM
We signed a handful of kids...probably get another dozen or so in February. Who knows if they'll be any good or not, but one kid has a rough, but interesting story...

https://twitter.com/colton_folliard/status/1074028081147461633
https://twitter.com/colton_folliard/status/1074028674100404224

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2018, 12:22 PM
Bumped for JSU guy viewing

It's funny he brings up Columbus, Augusta, and Atlanta in an attempt to make Macon look good. Prop a **** hole with two ****tier holes.

That's like trying to prop up Mercer football by comparing them to MVSU and Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

The fact that Macon is worse than Columbus should make my case.

I'm sure you know a whole lot of about the area Poddy. I'd recommend not hitching your wagon to this one.

Here you go:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181222/e0df7a400f689bad5a4d209fa35faab0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181222/5464fc87b066c942b50d785083274677.jpg

I actually went through Ferguson, Missouri like 45 minutes ago. Reminded me of parts of Macon.

cx500d
December 22nd, 2018, 12:33 PM
It's funny he brings up Columbus, Augusta, and Atlanta in an attempt to make Macon look good. Prop a **** hole with two ****tier holes.

That's like trying to prop up Mercer football by comparing them to MVSU and Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

I'm sure you know a whole lot of about the area Poddy. I'd recommend not hitching your wagon to this one.

Here you go:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181222/e0df7a400f689bad5a4d209fa35faab0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181222/5464fc87b066c942b50d785083274677.jpg

I actually went through Furgeson, Missouri like 45 minutes ago. Reminded me of parts of Macon.

Ferguson isn't so bad once the BLM people cleared out. When I go to St. Louis to visit one of my major defense contractors, I often stop at the Ferguson Brewing Company.

https://www.fergusonbrewing.com/

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2018, 12:36 PM
Ferguson isn't so bad once the BLM people cleared out. When I go to St. Louis to visit one of my major defense contractors, I often stop at the Ferguson Brewing Company.

https://www.fergusonbrewing.com/

Brewing company looks nice. But the neighborhoods you can see from I-70 don't.

Side note: I learned today that Wentzville is a real place. It's west of STL. Figured you Bison fans would get a kick out of that one if you didn't already know about it.

ElCid
December 22nd, 2018, 12:48 PM
Brewing company looks nice. But the neighborhoods you can see from I-70 don't.

Yeah, St Louis area is pretty much a crap hole too. Lived outside it for 4 years in O'Fallon on the east side of the river. You just didn't go to many places in the city unless you had to. Like Macon. Went down to East St Louis once out of curiosity. All I got to say is wow. There are blocks of nothing. Just a street grid with no buildings. Very good reasons for not living in a city, especially badly run ones. After I left they eventually ran a tram line all the way from downtown to the base in O'Fallon, but I heard it was crime ridden.

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2018, 12:52 PM
Yeah, St Louis area is pretty much a crap hole too. Lived outside it for 4 years in O'Fallon on the east side of the river. You just didn't go to many places in the city unless you had to. Like Macon. Went down to East St Louis once out of curiosity. All I got to say is wow. There are blocks of nothing. Just a street grid with no buildings. Very good reasons for not living in a city, especially badly run ones. After I left they eventually ran a tram line all the way from downtown to the base in O'Fallon, but I heard it was crime ridden.

I've explored St. Louis a couple times. It's odd to me because a lot of metros, ATL for example, as you get out into the burbs the neighborhoods tend to get nicer. St. Louis is the opposite it seems. In around the Arch is a decent spot. Spaghetti Factory was some good eats last time I stopped there. But the further out you get the crummier it gets until your back in farm country.

Also what do they use Scott AFB for? We were curious when we went by. I thought it was a regular airfield until I spotted a Boeing logo on one of the hangars as we passed

ElCid
December 22nd, 2018, 12:53 PM

Here you go:

I actually went through Ferguson, Missouri like 45 minutes ago. Reminded me of parts of Macon.

Yeah he was spinning it with his other comparisons. In general, Macon is not a nice place. Sure, there are nice places there, but on the whole? No. The sad part is that so many people were leaving Macon and Bibb county because it was so bad, and coming to live in Houston County, where I was, that they were bringing their crime with them. Glad I left when I did.

ElCid
December 22nd, 2018, 12:55 PM
I've explored St. Louis a couple times. It's odd to me because a lot of metros, ATL for example, as you get out into the burbs the neighborhoods tend to get nicer. St. Louis is the opposite it seems. In around the Arch is a decent spot. Spaghetti Factory was some good eats last time I stopped there. But the further out you get the crummier it gets until your back in farm country.

As in most places, there are nice areas, but when you take it as a whole, it is not somewhere I want to be. We were almost in farm country. Not quite. But O'Fallon was more up scale. Going east out of St Louis into Illinois is a little different than going west, north or south.

POD Knows
December 22nd, 2018, 12:57 PM

Here you go:

I actually went through Ferguson, Missouri like 45 minutes ago. Reminded me of parts of Macon.I am not hitching my wagon to anything, just stirring the pot. The only part of Georgia I have been to is the airport in Atlanta, didn't really like it, don't think I will go back.

cx500d
December 22nd, 2018, 12:59 PM

You confused me for a second because there's an O'Fallon MO that I'm more familiar with. We used to stop in at Scott every once in a while when going cross country; I remember we tended to go to a terminal on the other side of the field that looked like it was a small passenger terminal because it seemed like the military side was closed, or we didn't have enough notice or something stupid like that.

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2018, 01:00 PM
I am not hitching my wagon to anything, just stirring the pot. The only part of Georgia I have been to is the airport in Atlanta, didn't really like it, don't think I will go back.

I wouldn't really blame you. Only places in the state I really enjoy are the mountains and the coast. The rest is meh. Some cool historical stuff around the state for sure but I'm more of a fan of landscapes.

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2018, 01:01 PM
As in most places, there are nice areas, but when you take it as a whole, it is not somewhere I want to be. We were almost in farm country. Not quite. But O'Fallon was more up scale. Going east out of St Louis into Illinois is a little different than going west, north or south.

Agree. Not a place I'd want to settle.

cx500d
December 22nd, 2018, 01:04 PM

Also what do they use Scott AFB for? We were curious when we went by. I thought it was a regular airfield until I spotted a Boeing logo on one of the hangars as we passed
The spaghetty factory? You were in St. Louis and went to a chain italian place when you have all the italian places on The Hill? JFC

ElCid
December 22nd, 2018, 01:04 PM
You confused me for a second because there's an O'Fallon MO that I'm more familiar with. We used to stop in at Scott every once in a while when going cross country; I remember we tended to go to a terminal on the other side of the field that looked like it was a small passenger terminal because it seemed like the military side was closed, or we didn't have enough notice or something stupid like that.

Yeah, O'Fallon, Ill. Scott was pretty much on the edge of farmland. O'Fallon, Ill, was to its east. Then you had a few small towns that all ran together including Bellville, then you got to E St Louis and the river. They opened up another runway there years back. Took like 15 minutes to taxi to it from the Mil side. Too funny.

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2018, 01:06 PM
The spaghetty factory? You were in St. Louis and went to a chain italian place when you have all the italian places on The Hill? JFC

It's a chain I hadn't been to and honestly didn't know it was a chain until after we went. The building looked interesting so we went. Only been there the one time.

cx500d
December 22nd, 2018, 01:08 PM
Yeah, O'Fallon, Ill. Scott was pretty much on the edge of farmland. O'Fallon, Ill, was to its east. Then you had a few small towns that all ran together including Bellville, then you got to E St Louis and the river. They opened up another runway there years back. Took like 15 minutes to taxi to it from the Mil side. Too funny.

Yeah, thats what I remember was it took forever to taxi over there.

ElCid
December 22nd, 2018, 01:08 PM
I am not hitching my wagon to anything, just stirring the pot. The only part of Georgia I have been to is the airport in Atlanta, didn't really like it, don't think I will go back.

There are some nice places in Georgia. Atlanta isn't one of them. But I have a decided bias against any and all cities. There are some nice small towns throughout the state. It gets a bit hot if you are not used to it.

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2018, 01:09 PM
There are some nice places in Georgia. Atlanta isn't one of them. But I have a decided bias against any and all cities. There are some nice small towns throughout the state. It gets a bit hot if you are not used to it.

Did you get a chance to go up to Helen when you lived down here?

FUBeAR
December 22nd, 2018, 01:51 PM
Yeah he was spinning it with his other comparisons.Spinning? Those are the 4 largest cities in Georgia. That’s not ‘spinning’ by any definition. If I make it more ‘round’ and select the 5 Largest...still spinning?

Savannah violent crime is 71.7

How about if we look at other cities in the Southeast?

Birmingham, AL violent crime is 92.4
Columbia, SC violent crime is 71.5
Greenville, SC violent crime is 68.7
Richmond, VA violent crime is 58.8
Charlotte, NC violent crimes is 54.2

Still “spinning,” I guess?

Crime in Macon is too high; just as it is in many (most?) SE cities of >100k population or so, but to single out Macon’s crime rate out as “astronomical” or to say that “you just don’t go to many places [in Macon] unless you have to” is actually the spin.

I’ve been ‘out’ in downtown Macon on Friday and/or Saturday nights probably 100 times with my family since 2012. We’ve never had one iota of trouble and the many downtown bars, brewpubs & restaurants are usually packed. Seriously, do y’all think I’m making this up?

Jeez, my son lives there; has for 6 years now. He lives down the street from the jail & across the street from government subsidized housing (nice housing - not those old cinder block ‘projects’)...and, I’ll admit, he has been a crime victim. He had an uncarved pumpkin stolen off his front porch Halloween of 2017. That’s it.

Done...you 2 have your opinions & I have my regular, frequent, and recent experience, along with my son’s current, extended & daily experience to inform my opinion.

PaladinFan
December 22nd, 2018, 02:53 PM
Sorry I missed this topic.

I am well familiar with Macon. Not "Mercer-tinted" Macon, but Macon. I lived there for 7 years, owned property, paid taxes, worked downtown, lived in four different zip codes (including downtown).

As is the case with anyone who experiences a city from the local college point of view - that point of view is skewed. I lived in Greenville for 4 years as a Furman student. I experience Greenville differently from that lens than, say, someone who lives there full time. You just see a different side of the city and focus on different things.

Much is made of Macon's crime rate. There's no question, Macon's got a crime issue. The statistics have shown, though, that downtown is not demonstrably less safe than the rest of Macon. None of the crime statistics are particularly good, but downtown is no less safe than anywhere else in the city. The numbers are probably also a bit skewed because many of those with money and influence have fled the comparatively small Bibb Counties and its undeniably dysfunctional local government for Monroe and Houston Counties. So, there is a pretty large tax base that lives just over the county border and works in Macon.

That's not exclusive to Macon, of course. Mid-sized Georgia cities have tended to have higher than average crime. Savannah has gone off the charts a few times. Augusta and Columbus have their issues too.

I will also say that a lot of folks who are from Warner Robins or have a connection to the Air Force Base have a terrible opinion of Macon. I've never really understood that, but they do. In my view, middle Georgia is sort of "in it together." The two cities don't get along all that well for whatever reason. Macon, to me, at least has some character. Warner Robins is little more than strip malls.

kdinva
December 22nd, 2018, 02:59 PM
188 posts here.......maybe 40% about football.......the one thing I don't like about this site.....

PaladinFan
December 22nd, 2018, 03:00 PM
188 posts here.......maybe 40% about football.......the one thing I don't like about this site.....

TheKingpin28
December 22nd, 2018, 03:01 PM

kdinva
December 22nd, 2018, 03:16 PM

xbowx

Reign of Terrier
December 22nd, 2018, 05:51 PM
190How does one rep via Tapatalk xlolx

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

citdog
December 22nd, 2018, 05:53 PM

SOME ****!!!

TheKingpin28
December 22nd, 2018, 06:01 PM
SOME ****!!!

https://pastorlisaj.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/roosevelt-quote.jpg

UNH72Plus
December 25th, 2018, 11:35 AM

Just out of curiosity, what percentage of FCS recruits do people think hold out until February for a potentially better offer?

UNH72Plus
December 25th, 2018, 11:44 AM

Furman had the Payton award winner in 2001 - best player in the country... Louis Ivory. Furman was the ONLY D1 FBS OR FCS offer he got. At all. No one else thought him worth a scholarship

another example of how these guys miss ? TO. Yep that Terrell Owens. He had a grand total of ONE FCS offer. At UTC. No one thought he was worth FBS or FCS

i admit it you can get a better average by counting FBS offers and total offers and stars. Law of averages etc - if a guy has real offers from Bama and Clemson sure. But it's part science and part art

As a matter of fact some teams/systems don't ever rank high on recruiting because they want a different type of player. Some systems want a smaller OL who is quicker and they win a lot but don't get hyped on recruiting because these recruit rankings look for 6'4 320 lb OL. Who probably aren't what KSU wants as you run option.

Example - Georgia Southern won SIX FCS national titles and didn't rank highly in recruiting many times because their receivers weren't studs and their OL were small (but very athletic). Furman beat NC State twice and won a national title in FCS with moderate ranked recruiting for the same reason.

UNH's Ricky Santos few if any other offers and left Durham as Walter Payton award winner. His favorite target David Ball played 7 man football in Vermont, came to UNH on a half track scholarship and went on to be an All-American and break a record set by Jerry Rice. Two other examples of good coaching getting the most out of their players. And don't forget about the 14 straight years of post-season appearances.

DFW HOYA
December 25th, 2018, 12:30 PM
Just out of curiosity, what percentage of FCS recruits do people think hold out until February for a potentially better offer?

A follow-up question for those schools who didn't sign anywhere close to the number needed in December--what's left in the February pool?

cx500d
December 25th, 2018, 02:58 PM
A follow-up question for those schools who didn't sign anywhere close to the number needed in December--what's left in the February pool?
They can go after the 160 lb tackles from the Texas 6-man league

BEAR
December 25th, 2018, 10:01 PM

2. Kennesaw State 128
3. James Madison 129
4. Illinois State 135
5. Portland State 136
6. Tennessee Martin 137
7. UC Davis 138
9. Northern Iowa 141
10. Montana 142

The top ten has changed a bit.

grizband
December 26th, 2018, 12:18 AM
How does one rep via Tapatalk xlolx

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkI don't believe it's possible; at least I haven't figured a way.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Twentysix
December 26th, 2018, 04:18 AM

Speaking of which: when has NDSU played east of Youngstown? According to gobison.com, it was in 1937.Georgia southern has got to be east of Ohio.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Gil Dobie
December 26th, 2018, 06:32 AM
Georgia southern has got to be east of Ohio.

Shippensburg St, PA is.

UpstateBison
December 26th, 2018, 07:11 AM
Georgia southern has got to be east of Ohio.

I don’t think it is but someone more versed in longitude can correct me.

Statesboro, GA. 81.78 degrees W
Youngstown, OH 80.65 degrees W
Spartanburg, SC 81.93 degrees W

Having driven to both, this does not surprise me.

Gil Dobie
December 26th, 2018, 08:12 AM
-77°31'19.20" W

p
12/5/1981
at Shippensburg
W
18-6

Shippensburg, PA
NCAA Division II Semifinal

Outsider1
December 26th, 2018, 09:55 AM
They can go after the 160 lb tackles from the Texas 6-man league

1) There are still plenty of main stream HS recruits, and others, that are left.
2) Actually Texas 6 man HS athletes aren't all small and can quite often be VERY good athletes. One of our best new OL recruits last year came out of 6 man foot ball: 6'5" and 295lbs; quick and strong. They can also have better stamina at times because they may play both sides of the ball.

McNeese72
December 26th, 2018, 10:11 AM
This thread.....

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29774&stc=1

Doc

walliver
December 26th, 2018, 10:44 AM
I wonder whether early signing day is really accomplishing anything since the overwhelming majority of players did sign. Early signing should be moved to August or eliminated IMHO. The current system creates a lot of gamesmanship with 17 and 18 year olds being coerced to sign early for fear of not getting a scholarship when they would really like to wait for a better offer.

Outsider1
December 26th, 2018, 10:59 AM
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/dfwvarsity/prep-football/article190600059.html

I thought this quote is what best summed up the early signing period for me since last year, but I understand if the timing is still a little off in regards to finals.

“It clears up the recruiting process from your athletes. Once the Power Five schools secure their recruits then the January period of recruiting allows your kids to realize the reality of who is truly interested.”

I know there are still those that aren't sold on it.

https://www.hookem.com/story/dotted-line-even-texas-others-prepare-december-mixed-feelings-remain-early-signing-period/

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/nov/24/college-football-early-signing-period-s/

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2018/12/21/18150178/early-signing-period-new-coaches-national-day

Over-all, I still maintain it is good for schools and student athletes alike from top FBS schools on down. I would hope it eliminates at least some of the game playing, or allows the student athlete to control the game better.

PaladinFan
December 26th, 2018, 11:01 AM
I wonder whether early signing day is really accomplishing anything since the overwhelming majority of players did sign. Early signing should be moved to August or eliminated IMHO. The current system creates a lot of gamesmanship with 17 and 18 year olds being coerced to sign early for fear of not getting a scholarship when they would really like to wait for a better offer.

I do not see the downside in just letting kids commit when they are offered a scholarship if that is what they want to do.

With Furman's class, for example, most of the group had been committed since the summer. A few of the guys were offered after summer camps. If you are going to allow a kid to sign early, why not just allow him to sign when he commits?

Granted, I think there is an entire industry that is brought up around recruiting that would hate that idea. They make money off the gamesmanship.

Outsider1
December 26th, 2018, 11:04 AM
I do not see the downside in just letting kids commit when they are offered a scholarship if that is what they want to do.

With Furman's class, for example, most of the group had been committed since the summer. A few of the guys were offered after summer camps. If you are going to allow a kid to sign early, why not just allow him to sign when he commits?

Granted, I think there is an entire industry that is brought up around recruiting that would hate that idea. They make money off the gamesmanship.

Is there really anything that prevents that right now? Any kid can choose to take themselves off the table. I know a NLI may make it more public/formal, but ultimately the actual commitment lies with the student and school. Of course that means both actually hold up their ends, but even with signed NLIs that changes sometimes.

lionsrking2
December 26th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Is there really anything that prevents that right now? Any kid can choose to take themselves off the table. I know a NLI may make it more public/formal, but ultimately the actual commitment lies with the student and school. Of course that means both actually hold up their ends, but even with signed NLIs that changes sometimes.

If the better players really thought it through, they would simply commit and enroll in their school of choice and never sign a letter of intent.

Outsider1
December 26th, 2018, 01:22 PM
Completely agree Lionsrking. I am more than happy one of our early signees made that decision, except with an NLI.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29777&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29778&stc=1

lionsrking2
December 27th, 2018, 12:25 AM

We (Southeastern Louisiana) signed 23 during the early signing period (20 HS, 3 JC), which was most of our early commitments. We'll sign at least 30 total (counting February period) and hearing we'll add a few FBS transfers: possibly 2-3 OL, a WR and maybe a QB. We like what we were able to sign early, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

As for what's left ... this is a really good year in the state of Louisiana as far as depth is concerned and there are still a number of good players on the board. It may be as deep as I've seen it actually.

caribbeanhen
December 29th, 2018, 07:26 AM

:pumpuke:

Must be the kind a song Ringo would sing

clenz
December 29th, 2018, 07:59 AM
Farley splits his class between December and February it seems. I seems the focus for Farley in December has been the biggest needs and guys that he would likely lose to a P5 offer come February. UNI signed 3 OL that were all solid 3* (and yes, I realize stars are pretty dumb at this level but I'll throw it out anyway to hep with my point as the big guys care about signing at least a 3* kid) with offers from a handful of MAC, AAC, and ACC offers - along with the FCS powers like SDSU, NDSU, etc.

One of them for sure would have gotten a K-State offer. He is from the KC area, had a PWO from Snyder and Kleiman had offered him at NDSU. I know Kleiman made contact with him once he got to K-State, but the kid had already committed to UNI. You give Kleiman at K-State, or Miles at Kansas, or Campbell at Iowa State or Kirk Ferentz at Iowa 2 more months to let things shake out and UNI loses him to one of those schools I'd bet.

Another OL from Rock Island was starting to get talked to by Illinois, Iowa and Iowa State. He commited to UNI over the summer but had a good year, is a big mother ****er at 6'5 305. Give it a couple more months and home state Illinois, Northwestern, or OL factory like Iowa comes calling and finds a scholarship LATE in the game and UNI is left scrambling for an option 1 day before signing day in February.

UNI beat Iowa for 2 freshman this year. Iowa offered both late. One of them is the main guy of this class. A WR that is widely considered the best player in Iowa was offered less than a week before signing day. He's been committed to UNI for so long that others kind of held off of recruiting it (his father was a UNI player, he committed early, from Cedar Falls, etc.) but Kleiman at K-State, Iowa and Iowa State were all in his living room leading up to the December date. UNI loses him in December and it sucks big time, but we have 2 months to figure out another option and go after it. Lose him in February and it's disastrous.

UNI's February signings will be guys identified late, guys from outside of our traditional recruiting area, JUCO guys (there's a TON of JUCO guys out there still), or guys that UNI identified but weren't in danger of losing in December. Kept in touch through December but didn't full court press like they did the December guys. They'll get the full attention in late Jan into signing day. That leaves an impression late in the game that UNI is all in on them and not looking elsewhere, because at that point UNI really isn't.

There's going to be a lot of guy left in February that can easily be contributors.

As has been mentioned the December period is basically the P5s new official day. What it allows is for the people who were holding out for a P5 offer to evaluate where they really sit and get offers and fairly evaluate the lower G5 or FCS offers they get.

It's a catch-22 for sure.

PaladinFan
December 29th, 2018, 08:28 AM
Furman has, at least the last two years, signed around 10 members of a class expected to be around 16 or 17. I see some teams that are signing full classes by December. I imagine there is simply a different strategy.

I am personally of the opinion that much of the roster depth at an FCS school is fairly interchangeable. Sure, some teams land sure-fire can't miss players, but that is the exception and not the rule.

My guess is that some teams want to go ahead and fill out their full class knowing that there really isn't much of a difference between player A or player B. One 6'3 265 lbs offensive linemen from a Nashville area school is likely to be a lot like the 6'3 265 lbs lineman from an Atlanta area school. If you need an OL, go get one or the other, and it probably won't matter who. At some point, your coaching staff is going to have to get them to the next level.

Other schools, perhaps, want to focus on key players or positions. They want to make sure "their guy" signs and then, I presume, will see where the dust settles early next year. Maybe a guy who wasn't available comes available. The school that spent all their scholarships in December may not be able to snag that player. You may not be able to get your "first choice" like the December 20 program did, but the second choice likely isn't that much of a different player.

I think these are just different strategies. There are a lot of different considerations (like a coaching change, for instance). A player may still be committed to the institution, but wants a chance to get to know the new coachings staff before committing.

WestCoastAggie
December 29th, 2018, 09:45 AM
A&T had about 5-6 guys all sign during the early period and will be enrolled this January including two JUCOs, an EKU transfer and East Carolina transfer.

We filled big needs on the ol, dl and lb spots. In Feb, we’ll get the other 10-12 guys to sign.

We may also have 2 more FBS transfers sign and enroll in Jan to be involved in spring practice. I hope it includes another 1-technique NT.

Overall, we’re reaching for 2 and 3-star kids out of HS and we may finally land more than a couple this recruiting cycle.

PaladinNation
December 29th, 2018, 02:43 PM
A question for other FCS fans concerning PWOs. I noticed NDSU announced their PWOs with their scholarship signees.

Furman doesn't — Furman had an OL from FL have a signing ceremony, then two more linemen announced they were coming as PWOs, plus a wide receiver and three quarterbacks.

Curious if anyone knows — what are they signing — and if your school makes an official release about PWOs during the signing periods?

Concerning the early signing period strategies. For Furman, it appears they wanted to lock down the offensive line, defensive line, and linebackers in December. They got their men except for one big linebacker target which is still committed but asked for permission to sign in February. Since the Dec signing window, he's added two more FBS offers - he now sits with over 30 offers - IMO it's 50/50 we keep him. Furman had another commit ask for the same thing — can he wait till February to sign. Since then he's made 7-A Alabama First-Team All-State, hopefully, Auburn stays out of the picture.

lionsrking2
December 29th, 2018, 03:45 PM
A question for other FCS fans concerning PWOs. I noticed NDSU announced their PWOs with their scholarship signees.

Furman doesn't — Furman had an OL from FL have a signing ceremony, then two more linemen announced they were coming as PWOs, plus a wide receiver and three quarterbacks.

Curious if anyone knows — what are they signing — and if your school makes an official release about PWOs during the signing periods?

Concerning the early signing period strategies. For Furman, it appears they wanted to lock down the offensive line, defensive line, and linebackers in December. They got their men except for one big linebacker target which is still committed but asked for permission to sign in February. Since the Dec signing window, he's added two more FBS offers - he now sits with over 30 offers - IMO it's 50/50 we keep him. Furman had another commit ask for the same thing — can he wait till February to sign. Since then he's made 7-A Alabama First-Team All-State, hopefully, Auburn stays out of the picture.

We used to announce preferred walk-ons with the signing class, provided they went through the appropriate administrative process, but haven't done so over the last few years.

As far as signing period strategy, if you're comfortable with your evaluations, it's probably best to go ahead and sign as many as possible in December. You're getting kids you want and kids who are truly committed. But there are advantages to waiting and holding a few back, especially if there's depth in your recruiting area. It'll probably take a couple of more cycles to get a good read on the best course of action for each school.

caribbeanhen
December 29th, 2018, 03:52 PM

I would like to test your theory by sending the North Dakota State coaching staff to Dover Delaware

let’s see about they can do

NDSUtk
December 29th, 2018, 07:12 PM
I would like to test your theory by sending the North Dakota State coaching staff to Dover Delaware

let’s see about they can doSorry, we have already contributed to Manhattan. Only one East coast city per year. Wait, Kansas State isn't in that Manhattan???

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
December 30th, 2018, 11:16 AM

let’s see about they can do

Well I think we'd have gladly worked with a LB or two you've had and a certain DT and DB would have worked out great for us. Sooooo yeah I think we'd do fine with what you've had lately. I bet if we just have you our QB coach and OL coach you'd of had a chance at the conference title. Maybe that's arrogant. probably is....

SU DOG
December 30th, 2018, 11:39 AM
For FCS schools located in the southeast(other areas of the country may be somewhat different), I think early signing is a big plus. I certainly feel so in Samford's case. While the "big boys" like Auburn and Bama will always eat first, there are lots of G5 schools that can make a late pitch for your players. Sure, you can sometimes out-recruit them, but sometimes they win out. Schools like GaS, MTSU, USA, Southern Miss, etc. have been known to be on the lookout for FCS commits that they might grab late. I like the idea that players who our coaches have worked so hard for can be locked-in earlier than Feb.

One exception to the NLI that is sometimes overlooked is the exemption of the service academies. An athlete is NOT bound by his signing if an academy offers a commission later on. This actually happened to us a few years ago. Samford had an O-Lineman who signed, but decided to go to Navy afterwards. I was not aware of this beforehand, and it did sting, but I don't mention this to say I disagree, as I think the academies need such advantages.

JSUSoutherner
December 30th, 2018, 12:24 PM
For FCS schools located in the southeast(other areas of the country may be somewhat different), I think early signing is a big plus. I certainly feel so in Samford's case. While the "big boys" like Auburn and Bama will always eat first, there are lots of G5 schools that can make a late pitch for your players. Sure, you can sometimes out-recruit them, but sometimes they win out. Schools like GaS, MTSU, USA, Southern Miss, etc. have been known to be on the lookout for FCS commits that they might grab late. I like the idea that players who our coaches have worked so hard for can be locked-in earlier than Feb.

One exception to the NLI that is sometimes overlooked is the exemption of the service academies. An athlete is NOT bound by his signing if an academy offers a commission later on. This actually happened to us a few years ago. Samford had an O-Lineman who signed, but decided to go to Navy afterwards. I was not aware of this beforehand, and it did sting, but I don't mention this to say I disagree, as I think the academies need such advantages.

It can work both ways. A lot of kids hold out with the hope of an SEC offer than never comes.

We've grabbed a whole slew of guys that were told by an SEC recruiter they'd have a spot when in reality they were a fallback option in case the SEC school missed out on their guy of choice.

If you fill up early you can miss out on a lot of people who get the cold shoulder after SEC schools realize they already got their choice recruit.

caribbeanhen
December 30th, 2018, 12:27 PM
Well I think we'd have gladly worked with a LB or two you've had and a certain DT and DB would have worked out great for us. Sooooo yeah I think we'd do fine with what you've had lately. I bet if we just have you our QB coach and OL coach you'd of had a chance at the conference title. Maybe that's arrogant. probably is....

Let me be more clear Bizon

When I say Dover I’m talking about Delaware State, Not the bluehens of Newark

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
December 30th, 2018, 01:12 PM
Let me be more clear Bizon

When I say Dover I’m talking about Delaware State, Not the bluehens of Newark

My bad, I am not a smart man. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
December 30th, 2018, 01:18 PM
My bad, I am not a smart man. xpeacex

Well not many people outside of Delaware know anything about Delaware geography !!!

my general take on this thread is North Dakota State has the best talent in FCS and combine that with really good coaching is why they have won so much!!!

it's not like your team is like average talent and being coached up to these high levels

that idea is complete bull

SochorField
January 2nd, 2019, 11:38 AM
Davis got one of those "If he were an inch or two taller" guys. QB Trent Tompkins, Fresno CA.

https://youtu.be/xppgdhgGI_Y

More importantly, his dad has committed. And he has a beer Tap Truck. Automatic 6 star.
Can't wait to party with this man.

https://twitter.com/12pearly/status/1075580354289819649

TheKingpin28
January 2nd, 2019, 12:47 PM
Davis got one of those "If he were an inch or two taller" guys. QB Trent Tompkins, Fresno CA.

More importantly, his dad has committed. And he has a beer Tap Truck. Automatic 6 star.

https://twitter.com/12pearly/status/1075580354289819649Dude needs to show up in Fargo with that!

Outsider1
January 2nd, 2019, 12:55 PM

https://twitter.com/12pearly/status/1075580354289819649

Nice

lionsrking2
January 6th, 2019, 12:08 AM
SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Adds FBS transfer, and former U of Arkansas QB, Cole Kelley, 6'7, 255 ... started 6 games for the Razorbacks in 2017 and '18, and will have two years of eligibility remaining. Not sure why we're taking another QB, but we'll add him to what is a crowded mix.

https://twitter.com/ColeKelley10/status/1081697957966163968 (https://twitter.com/ColeKelley10/status/1081697957966163968)