PDA

View Full Version : 2018 AGS POTY Nominations

ursus arctos horribilis
December 17th, 2018, 03:58 PM
It's time for our annual recognition of our contemporaries. This place is fun, entertaining, and informative due to our friends that post here so take a minute to put the names in for this years POTY award banners.

Nominate your selections for Poster of the Year by clicking the link near the bottom of this post and filling in your choices.

If a poster received 3 straight POTY awards in any one category then they are considered HOF (Hall Of Fame) in that category. If they don't win 3 straight then they need 5 overall to attain this status.

superman7515-
Is HOF in two or three categories and can not be nominated in any categories any longer as I am honoring his request to pull his name out of the running due to multiple HOF runs.

ursus is also not accepted as a nomination in any category.

These are the categories:

1. AGS FCS Board Poster Of The Year

2. AGS Smack Board Poster Of The Year

3. AGS Lounge Poster Of The Year

4. AGS Newcomer Poster Of The Year - Click this link (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/memberlist.php?&pp=30&order=desc&sort=joindate), page should be sorted on all new members for 2018 (look at "join date") and there are 7-8 pgs. of names to choose from.

5. AGS Most Humorous Poster Of The Year

6. AGS Most Valuable Poster Of The Year

You do not have to nominate someone in each category but I would appreciate it if you would give it some good thought and try to do so.

Nominations are open from now until 01/04/2019 . The leading nominees in each category will be voted on from 01/04/2019 through 01/15/2019 with the winners being crowned on that day.

Use this link (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScVkojvdaAi90oz2rXC7EdEkJsKUiE2zH3lnaVCuLZT NQvOiQ/viewform) to nominate.

Nominations posted on this thread won't count for anything.

This thread is open for discussion on who you think should be nominated so get after it.

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Sucks that Derby City Duke can't be nominated for Newbie even though he joined 2 weeks earlier. Nevermind, anything newer than 2014 is considered allowed. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
December 17th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Sucks that Derby City Duke can't be nominated for Newbie even though he joined 2 weeks earlier. Nevermind, anything newer than 2014 is considered allowed. xlolx
It was changed up to include the football season leading in to the current year. I should have looked and made sure that was in the original post.

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2018, 05:23 PM
It was changed up to include the football season leading in to the current year. I should have looked and made sure that was in the original post.

Alright. Yeah, he got my nomination.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 19th, 2018, 01:46 PM
Hey if a couple of others could help me keep this one buoyant for the next couple of weeks I would really appreciate it. We only have a couple people putting in an effort so far as nominations go so some of you should get involved that have not yet.

TheKingpin28
POD Knows

Both of you guys have real solid entries on this one. Thanks for the effort.

TheRevSFA
December 19th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Alright I threw my two cents in

Derby City Duke
December 19th, 2018, 02:36 PM
I'll have mine in by Friday -- it's exam week for my students...

Redbird 4th & short
December 19th, 2018, 02:38 PM
My Prediction, not my vote .... Kennesaw St QB Chandler Burks finishes top 3 in every category .. board literally explodes, AGS enters apocalypse stage.

xslapfightxxflamemadxxpissedxxasswhipxx406x

TheKingpin28
December 19th, 2018, 02:56 PM
Hey if a couple of others could help me keep this one buoyant for the next couple of weeks I would really appreciate it. We only have a couple people putting in an effort so far as nominations go so some of you should get involved that have not yet.

TheKingpin28
POD Knows

Both of you guys have real solid entries on this one. Thanks for the effort.

Always glad to help out where I can.

Derby City Duke
December 19th, 2018, 04:10 PM
In, less Smack and Lounge nominations; I don't spend much time there so don't feel qualified to nominate.

citdog
December 19th, 2018, 04:13 PM
in

BisonFan02
December 19th, 2018, 10:21 PM
I havent done **** all year.

Laker
December 19th, 2018, 10:29 PM
My nominations are in.

cx500d
December 19th, 2018, 10:36 PM

Ditto

JSUSoutherner
December 19th, 2018, 11:24 PM

Lazy.

katss07
December 20th, 2018, 07:42 AM
I swear if World doesn’t win something...

- - - Updated - - -

Drblankstare
December 20th, 2018, 08:04 AM
In

ysubigred
December 20th, 2018, 08:06 AM
I'd nominate if I could. This is all I get clicking on the link xconfusedx

Good luck all xbowx

Can’t reach this page

Make sure the web address https://docs.google.com is correct
Search for this site on Bing (https://www.bing.com/search?q=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com&PC=IENEPB)
Refresh the page

Check that all network cables are plugged in.
Verify that airplane mode is turned off.
Make sure your wireless switch is turned on.
See if you can connect to mobile broadband.
Restart your router.

res://ieframe.dll/down.png (res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm?ErrorStatus=0x800C0005&DNSError=0#)
More information <id id="moreInformation">More information</id>

There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page.

Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

Fix connection problems

ST_Lawson
December 20th, 2018, 09:47 AM
My votes are probably crap, but I did my best.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2018, 11:08 AM

- - - Updated - - -

He won a ban.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 20th, 2018, 11:15 AM
I'd nominate if I could. This is all I get clicking on the link xconfusedx

Good luck all xbowx

Can’t reach this page

Make sure the web address https://docs.google.com is correct
Search for this site on Bing (https://www.bing.com/search?q=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com&PC=IENEPB)
Refresh the page

Check that all network cables are plugged in.
Verify that airplane mode is turned off.
Make sure your wireless switch is turned on.
See if you can connect to mobile broadband.
Restart your router.

res://ieframe.dll/down.png (res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm?ErrorStatus=0x800C0005&DNSError=0#)
More information <id id="moreInformation">More information</id>

There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page.

Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

Fix connection problems

Something on your end I think my man. Maybe try again later and see if it is the same...or try it from home maybe.

ysubigred
December 20th, 2018, 02:41 PM
Something on your end I think my man. Maybe try again later and see if it is the same...or try it from home maybe.

I'm on a pretty locked down system at work hence my CR production LOL.

Thanks for all you do for us AGS'ers xbowx

ursus arctos horribilis
December 21st, 2018, 04:01 PM
I'm on a pretty locked down system at work hence my CR production LOL.

Thanks for all you do for us AGS'ers xbowx

You bet brother.

To all that have not nominated yet please do so. To those who have nominated I appreciate you taking a moment and putting in the effort.xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
December 24th, 2018, 10:47 AM
Not really getting any help bumping this one up so if some of you have a chance to help with this I'd appreciate it.

Make your nominations for the categories in post #1 if you have not as of yet please.

BisonFan02
December 24th, 2018, 11:05 AM
I'll submit my votes tonight.

TheKingpin28
December 24th, 2018, 11:46 AM
Come on people. Get to nominating already. It is not that hard. I know there are at least 100 people here who live on this board enough to spend 5-10 minutes putting forth some names.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

POD Knows
December 24th, 2018, 12:00 PM
Not really getting any help bumping this one up so if some of you have a chance to help with this I'd appreciate it.

Make your nominations for the categories in post #1 if you have not as of yet please.Hey, can a guy make multiple nominations for the same category, I just thought of a couple other guys that might need a nomination.

BisonTru
December 24th, 2018, 02:20 PM
When does Troll of the year get a banner? 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
December 24th, 2018, 06:05 PM
Bump

cx500d
December 24th, 2018, 06:18 PM
When does Troll of the year get a banner? 😀

Trolling for a banner I see?

caribbeanhen
December 24th, 2018, 07:24 PM
Tru deserve some kind of award for just continuing to show up on the political board

something tells me he doesn't even believe half the stuff he posts he just loves watching the kicking and screaming as a result

hired entertainment

NDSUtk
December 25th, 2018, 10:51 AM
I must admit, I do not visit the political board part of AGS. I'm afraid of what might be in there.

TheKingpin28
December 25th, 2018, 11:09 AM
I must admit, I do not visit the political board part of AGS. I'm afraid of what might be in there.If you are on Bisonville (I lurk but don't post) think of that if Tony allowed a poli-board and then add in what makes Bisonville so special and you have AGS poli-board in a nutshell.

NDSUtk
December 25th, 2018, 11:10 AM
If you are on Bisonville (I lurk but don't post) think of that if Tony allowed a poli-board and then add in what makes Bisonville so special and you have AGS poli-board in a nutshell.

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkHow does the internet survive???

TheKingpin28
December 25th, 2018, 11:24 AM
How does the internet survive???Dank Memes

ursus arctos horribilis
December 26th, 2018, 03:45 PM
Hey, can a guy make multiple nominations for the same category, I just thought of a couple other guys that might need a nomination.

Yeah, go ahead and I'll pm you asking who you want to be your top pick for a category. I always submit mine and then go "damn, I should have remembered this one!" as well and can go fix it so I will be happy to do it for others as well.

No, now I have a better idea. You submit more if you have more and I will try to rank order it so those who have the most votes overall get the final two spots. This could be cool POD so thanks for asking this one.

Starting with this POTY you can vote for more than one person in a category but you can't vote for the same person twice in one category and I will take the top two vote getters and move them on as before.http://www.anygivensaturday.com/clear.gif (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2734786)

Bisonoline
December 26th, 2018, 04:36 PM
For some reason I just cant see anyone who stands out this year. Except for the asshats of course. A bunch of guys still posting good stuff. What to do??????

ursus arctos horribilis
December 26th, 2018, 10:57 PM
For some reason I just cant see anyone who stands out this year. Except for the asshats of course. A bunch of guys still posting good stuff. What to do??????

I mentioned what to do directly above your post. I'll go rank choice in any categories with several votes if that is what you menat?

ursus arctos horribilis
December 26th, 2018, 10:57 PM
I appreciate the bump though Oline if that was part of it too.

Bisonoline
December 26th, 2018, 11:04 PM
I mentioned what to do directly above your post. I'll go rank choice in any categories with several votes if that is what you menat?

Oh no issues. Just cant figure out who to nominate. LOL

Bisonoline
December 26th, 2018, 11:12 PM
Ok got it done.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 26th, 2018, 11:35 PM
Oh no issues. Just cant figure out who to nominate. LOL

OH. You don't think anybody has great input on the FCS board? Crap, I would have trouble narrowing it down. Others can suggest and lobby for someone if you think they deserve as well.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 26th, 2018, 11:36 PM
Eh, next page f'd me again!

xlolx

Thanks much Oline.

Outsider1
December 27th, 2018, 04:22 PM
OH. You don't think anybody has great input on the FCS board? Crap, I would have trouble narrowing it down. Others can suggest and lobby for someone if you think they deserve as well.

Sorry Ursus, this has been my problem.

BisonFan02
December 28th, 2018, 12:45 PM
Done!......get in errrrrrrrrrrrr and do it.

TheRevSFA
December 28th, 2018, 11:03 PM
Bump

ursus arctos horribilis
December 29th, 2018, 12:45 PM
Sorry Ursus, this has been my problem.

You gotta be kidding me. ST, Prof. Chaos, MTFan, JSU Suthner, kalm, TheRev, Derby City, cx, Bisontru, grizband and so many other choices that have put together articles, podcasts, games, FCS selection threads etc.

If that is your answer you ain't trying at all. I put in some good effort on things like this. I'm asking one thing from the users around here, one thing. Participate. You may have already outsider I haven't went and looked but just wanted to use that post as a plea for everyone to stop being lazy asses if they haven't jumped in yet.xthumbsupx

Outsider1
December 29th, 2018, 12:53 PM
No I haven't yet Ursus. I need to.

Sent from my BLU_S1 using Tapatalk

***Ok, finally done......***

Derby City Duke
December 29th, 2018, 09:31 PM
You gotta be kidding me. ST, Prof. Chaos, MTFan, JSU Suthner, kalm, TheRev, Derby City, cx, Bisontru, grizband and so many other choices that have put together articles, podcasts, games, FCS selection threads etc.

If that is your answer you ain't trying at all. I put in some good effort on things like this. I'm asking one thing from the users around here, one thing. Participate. You may have already outsider I haven't went and looked but just wanted to use that post as a plea for everyone to stop being lazy asses if they haven't jumped in yet.xthumbsupx

Is there a way to edit my original submission? I hit submit faster than my brain could get names to my fingers...

caribbeanhen
December 30th, 2018, 01:27 PM
I have submitted my nominees

I struggled with the lounge pick as I haven't checked in there for years

cx500d
December 30th, 2018, 04:34 PM

What? You are in the lounge all the time

ursus arctos horribilis
December 30th, 2018, 06:54 PM
Is there a way to edit my original submission? I hit submit faster than my brain could get names to my fingers...

Just put a new one in and if you want I'll delete the first one. Also, I was thinking when I put that list together that GLTU owl was another guy that put in a ton of work over this last year and don't know how I left him out of that. It's tough when you have to deal with a mind like mine. Crap, I see I didn't put down scff either. I should stop while I'm miles behind I guess.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 30th, 2018, 06:56 PM

Thanks hen. I have to agree with cx btw.

Go...gate
December 30th, 2018, 07:27 PM
Though we periodically disagree, I believe a strong case can be made for Go Lehigh TU Owl as FCS Poster of the Year.

caribbeanhen
December 30th, 2018, 08:51 PM
What? You are in the lounge all the time

oh the shame

I confused the lounge with Crapsville

cx500d
December 30th, 2018, 10:32 PM
oh the shame

I confused the lounge with Crapsville
I thought you might have meant the more colorful rooms

TheKingpin28
December 30th, 2018, 11:11 PM
I thought you might have meant the more colorful roomsI didn't know we had a green screen?

POD Knows
December 31st, 2018, 09:09 AM
oh the shame

I confused the lounge with CrapsvilleYou should hang out in the Crapsville Lounge, probably a few other Blue Hen guys in there.

Mayville Bison
December 31st, 2018, 09:16 AM
Submitted....and bump

BisonBacker
December 31st, 2018, 10:09 AM
I got mine in. Smack was weaksauce this year but the one I picked seemed deserving. Newbie I picked based on the quality of his posts which I thought were really good.
Bump Bump Bump.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 31st, 2018, 12:56 PM
Thank you for the help in bumping this up fellas.

cx500d
December 31st, 2018, 01:23 PM
Thank you for the help in bumping this up fellas.
Is there a “banned poster of the year” category?

ursus arctos horribilis
December 31st, 2018, 02:40 PM

Does not appear so.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?220188-2018-AGS-POTY-Nominations&p=2732436&viewfull=1#post2732436

Bisonoline
December 31st, 2018, 06:39 PM

If is was "Who should be banned" there would be more nominations.:D

Outsider1
December 31st, 2018, 09:09 PM
Sorry it took some of us so long.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 1st, 2019, 03:13 PM
Sorry it took some of us so long.

That's alright man, slow start but a lot of you guys have jumped in and joined the deal now so it seems worthwhile. I apprecaiate that you took a minute and helped me out with an effort to honor some of you for driving this place forward each year.xthumbsupx

grizband
January 1st, 2019, 06:43 PM

If that is your answer you ain't trying at all. I put in some good effort on things like this. I'm asking one thing from the users around here, one thing. Participate. You may have already outsider I haven't went and looked but just wanted to use that post as a plea for everyone to stop being lazy asses if they haven't jumped in yet.xthumbsupxI appreciate the good words, Ursus! After days of holiday celebration, I should be able to submit mine soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
January 2nd, 2019, 12:42 PM
Last couple of days to nominate so please jump in if you have not as of yet. We are having a better than average year with input so thank you guys and gals for getting involved.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 3rd, 2019, 02:33 PM
Get a nomination in if you haven't yet please.

Laker
January 3rd, 2019, 07:31 PM
Bump

Derby City Duke
January 3rd, 2019, 08:40 PM
Just put a new one in and if you want I'll delete the first one. Also, I was thinking when I put that list together that GLTU owl was another guy that put in a ton of work over this last year and don't know how I left him out of that. It's tough when you have to deal with a mind like mine. Crap, I see I didn't put down scff either. I should stop while I'm miles behind I guess.

Resubmitted -- you can delete my earlier submission. Thanks for all the work on this, AND all the other stuff you to keep us on the relatively straight and narrow!

ursus arctos horribilis
January 4th, 2019, 12:29 AM
Resubmitted -- you can delete my earlier submission. Thanks for all the work on this, AND all the other stuff you to keep us on the relatively straight and narrow!

xthumbsupx

The kind word from you fellers always makes things absolutely worth it. Can't tell you all how much I enjoy the lot of you.