PDA

View Full Version : How many fans does EWU bring to Frisco?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2018, 04:28 PM
How many does EWU bring?

1K?

3K?

5K?

Red & Black
December 15th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Probably however many are allowed. Aren't most of the tickets already sold?

We had a few thousand in 2010, but that was before the NDSU run of dominance and Bizons gobbling up all the tickets.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2018, 04:33 PM
Probably however many are allowed. Aren't most of the tickets already sold?

We had a few thousand in 2010, but that was before the NDSU run of dominance and Bizons gobbling up all the tickets.

Will EWU fill their allotment?

maine612
December 15th, 2018, 04:34 PM
I chose 1k only because I know how aggressive Bison fans are in buying tickets!!

Should be a great championship game.

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2018, 04:39 PM
I bet they sell out their allotment (4000-4500) and probably not much beyond that. I'm thinking similar to Illinois St in 2014 (January 2015).

Hopefully EWU fans mix it up around town the Friday before the game. Us Bison fans are (mostly) harmless drunks in person who just enjoy a little friendly banter. You'd probably even get a few drinks bought for you.

Red & Black
December 15th, 2018, 04:42 PM

We did last time plus a few thousand, so I assume so.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2018, 04:50 PM
I bet they sell out their allotment (4000-4500) and probably not much beyond that. I'm thinking similar to Illinois St in 2014 (January 2015).

Hopefully EWU fans mix it up around town the Friday before the game. Us Bison fans are (mostly) harmless drunks in person who just enjoy a little friendly banter. You'd probably even get a few drinks bought for you.

The best ones for 'mixing it up" in my 6 experiences down there were the Sammy fans. Towson didn't have anyone. Ill State fans were kind of weird. Jax State were ok, kind of laughed at the Packers references about the colors....

JMU fans were also pretty good.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2018, 04:54 PM
Should have put more options on the poll....:(

More than likely EWU will fill their allotment. Are the school allotments 4 or 5 K?

Bisonoline
December 15th, 2018, 05:50 PM
I chose 1k only because I know how aggressive Bison fans are in buying tickets!!

Should be a great championship game.

The number of tickets the bison buy has no bearing on the the team allotment which is around 4K.

BisonTru
December 15th, 2018, 06:28 PM
They’ll fill their 4K allotment. I doubt to see demand strong enough to compete for the other seats now all on the secondary market.

Although I will say with confidence you’ll be able to buy tickets the day of for under $100.

cx500d
December 15th, 2018, 06:29 PM
The best ones for 'mixing it up" in my 6 experiences down there were the Sammy fans. Towson didn't have anyone. Ill State fans were kind of weird. Jax State were ok, kind of laughed at the Packers references about the colors....

JMU fans were also pretty good.

Which fans were the butthurt fans that were pissed all the businesses had Welcome Bison signs and discounts?

Bisonoline
December 15th, 2018, 06:45 PM
Which fans were the butthurt fans that were pissed all the businesses had Welcome Bison signs and discounts?

That was hilarious. Couple of there fans said they were going to boycott Frisco and not spend any money there. Never seen whining like that since a bunch of our fans figured out a way to order Natty tickets from the opposing teams allotment on their website. xlolx

Bison56
December 15th, 2018, 07:28 PM

JSU fans were going to boycott. xlolx

Bearkats94
December 15th, 2018, 07:54 PM
I remember when the championship game was moved to Frisco. Everyone east of the Mississippi was raising hell because they said most of the fcs schools was in the east.. Well most of the fcs schools might be there but the ones playing in the championship game are west of the Mississippi.

Cocky
December 15th, 2018, 08:05 PM
JSU fans were going to boycott. xlolx

And we are living up to our word.

Katfan
December 15th, 2018, 08:06 PM
Last time there was close to 50 50 crowd was 2011 after that NDSU ( to their credit) started buying all the ticket packages.

Lorne_Malvo
December 15th, 2018, 08:08 PM
The correct answer to this question and many others is of course... 42.

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2018, 12:56 AM
Last time there was close to 50 50 crowd was 2011 after that NDSU ( to their credit) started buying all the ticket packages.Sat in that Bison Block on the SHSU side. Was a hell of a time/game.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

thebootfitter
December 16th, 2018, 02:08 AM
And we are living up to our word.Ha! I can't do reppies on Tapatalk, but this made me chuckle. Nice!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Redbird 4th & short
December 16th, 2018, 11:03 AM

except allotment was smaller that year ... I believe it was 2,800 plus 500 for student sections in corners .. something like that. But we had a bit of red scatter across the sea of green&gold. So I'm guessing we had our 3,300 allotment plus maybe 500 scattered elsewhere.

Ironically, our playoff opener against UNI at home that year drew just 5,575 .. it was comffortable enough at 37 degrees, zero threat of precipitation and light winds ... and UNI had at leat 600-800 of those. So we drew less than 5k at home for round 1, but nearly 4k in Frisco. Welcome to Redbird Nation !!

Good luck to both teams .. this is a very different EWU team than the one we rolled in 2014. These guys like to run and play more defense ... but NDSU does those things better than anyone else ... and is strong, deep, and on a roll. Good luck to both teams .. rooting for a good game, but thinking Bison eventually pull away.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2018, 11:38 AM
except allotment was smaller that year ... I believe it was 2,800 plus 500 for student sections in corners .. something like that. But we had a bit of red scatter across the sea of green&gold. So I'm guessing we had our 3,300 allotment plus maybe 500 scattered elsewhere.

Ironically, our playoff opener against UNI at home that year drew just 5,575 .. it was comffortable enough at 37 degrees, zero threat of precipitation and light winds ... and UNI had at leat 600-800 of those. So we drew less than 5k at home for round 1, but nearly 4k in Frisco. Welcome to Redbird Nation !!

Good luck to both teams .. this is a very different EWU team than the one we rolled in 2014. These guys like to run and play more defense ... but NDSU does those things better than anyone else ... and is strong, deep, and on a roll. Good luck to both teams .. rooting for a good game, but thinking Bison eventually pull away.
I don't think the team allotments have ever been that small, at least not since 2011. Last year each team had something like a 5,500 ticket allotment because they opened up the endzone for the first time for that game and just sold it as part of the team allotments rather than opening it up to the general public since both teams had massive demand for tickets.

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2018, 12:59 PM
I don't think the team allotments have ever been that small, at least not since 2011. Last year each team had something like a 5,500 ticket allotment because they opened up the endzone for the first time for that game and just sold it as part of the team allotments rather than opening it up to the general public since both teams had massive demand for tickets.

Last year they lost tickets due to the Soccer HOF construction.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Last year they lost tickets due to the Soccer HOF construction.
They opened up the actual seats below where the Soccer HOF and club level is at. I think it was about 3,000 seats total so each school got an extra 1500 added to their allotment. In 2016 that entire endzone was a construction zone so the capacity was only about 17k I think. This year with everything done, including the new club level, hopefully capacity is back up to the 20k range. I think that construction actually reduced the overall capacity of the stadium. In January 2016 when NDSU played Jacksonville St I think we had 22k+ there and even if they sell a ton of standing room tickets this year I don't think they can get anywhere close to that anymore.

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2018, 01:25 PM
They opened up the actual seats below where the Soccer HOF and club level is at. I think it was about 3,000 seats total so each school got an extra 1500 added to their allotment. In 2016 that entire endzone was a construction zone so the capacity was only about 17k I think. This year with everything done, including the new club level, hopefully capacity is back up to the 20k range. I think that construction actually reduced the overall capacity of the stadium. In January 2016 when NDSU played Jacksonville St I think we had 22k+ there and even if they sell a ton of standing room tickets this year I don't think they can get anywhere close to that anymore.

Youre correct it was 2016.

Redbird 4th & short
December 16th, 2018, 04:02 PM

I might be off by 500 at most ... but pretty sure it was in that range for Jan 2015 game. In fact, I'm pretty positive I had rationalized just under 4k total at most at the time.. because of how weak our 1st round game draw was at home.

You've had a few of these Natty games ... so i doubt you remember it as well as I would !! xbowx

Pards Rule
December 17th, 2018, 08:07 AM
I remember when the championship game was moved to Frisco. Everyone east of the Mississippi was raising hell because they said most of the fcs schools was in the east.. Well most of the fcs schools might be there but the ones playing in the championship game are west of the Mississippi.

Damn dude I feel like an oldtimer! I recall when it was in Chatty and no discussion about departure. I went to the NDSU-SHSU game in Jan. 2012 as I met a lot of Bison fans in Fargo that Sept at Lafayette game and said I would be in Frisco if they made it. Great venue for the game but damn there have been more than a few cold snaps and light snow down there than I think was anticipated! Thinking of going next month!

Pards Rule
December 17th, 2018, 08:10 AM
Sat in that Bison Block on the SHSU side. Was a hell of a time/game.

I was in the non band end zone lol! Pretty much split 50/50 as I recall. Loved meeting up with my Bison friends. I mean someone went out of their pocket to buy me a ticket and gave it to me, totally unexpected!

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2018, 08:49 AM
I was in the non band end zone lol! Pretty much split 50/50 as I recall. Loved meeting up with my Bison friends. I mean someone went out of their pocket to buy me a ticket and gave it to me, totally unexpected!I have not been to one since but we sat next to a couple of lifetime SHSU supporters and they were two of the nicest people ever. They both had flasks (each of them brought 2) and were handing them around them like candy. So was the rest of the block, but they were good people.

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2018, 02:32 PM
Sounds like a couple Bison fans have scored tickets from EWU.

swaghook
December 19th, 2018, 07:03 PM
Sounds like a couple Bison fans have scored tickets from EWU. From what I'm seeing on Facebook way more then a couple.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2018, 07:58 PM
From what I'm seeing on Facebook way more then a couple.

This here.

I bet Bison fans take almost 1/2 of their allotment....xlolx

Gil Dobie
December 20th, 2018, 06:39 AM
From what I'm seeing on Facebook way more then a couple.

I was trying to be funny :)

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2018, 06:50 AM
Hey Dewey: I think you might be right calling a 85/15 split....xthumbsupx

Probably 90/10....xnodx

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2018, 07:21 AM
This here.

I bet Bison fans take almost 1/2 of their allotment....xlolx
EWU doesn't want to get stuck holding the bag on a bunch of tickets so they made them available to the general public knowing full well that some Bison fans would jump on the opportunity to get some. How many did will be interesting to see.

dewey
December 20th, 2018, 07:23 AM
EWU doesn't want to get stuck holding the bag on a bunch of tickets so they made them available to the general public knowing full well that some Bison fans would jump on the opportunity to get some. How many did will be interesting to see.

Yep. They went on sale yesterday to the general public at 2 pm CDT. I got 5 from that allotment.

Dewey

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2018, 08:01 AM
Yep. They went on sale yesterday to the general public at 2 pm CDT. I got 5 from that allotment.

Dewey

xthumbsupx

kalm
December 20th, 2018, 08:16 AM
Hey Dewey: I think you might be right calling a 85/15 split....xthumbsupx

Probably 90/10....xnodx

I’m guessing we went well over 2000 sold to EAF members by noon yesterday. Dewey’s number might be pretty damned close but hopefully it’s closer to 80-20.

This was a new admin and new ticketing personnel and they were overwhelmed. Just the ticket manager and a grad assistant in that office from what I understand. Maybe we get a chance to learn for next time.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2018, 08:46 AM
I’m guessing we went well over 2000 sold to EAF members by noon yesterday. Dewey’s number might be pretty damned close but hopefully it’s closer to 80-20.

This was a new admin and new ticketing personnel and they were overwhelmed. Just the ticket manager and a grad assistant in that office from what I understand. Maybe we get a chance to learn for next time.

80/20 is 4K for EWU. I still think that is high but we'll find out.

Redbird 4th & short
December 20th, 2018, 09:08 AM

not to pick a really old scab ... but ISUr Admin really screwed up Natty ticket sales for our 2014 game. They recovered nicely, but they initially put our ticket allotment out there for all, despite knowing Bison travel well, and did nothing initially to prevent anyone outside Redbird Nation from buying them. It was a sh-t show for about a week before our Admin figured it out and we got our entire allotment set aside for Redbird fans only .. used a priority points approach to deciding who got the tickets first. It got stupid and ugly ... on both sides. But we were newbies to this.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2018, 09:49 AM
EWU's allotment sold out earlier this morning. NDSU's allotment is currently being divvied out now and the ticket office is supposed to let us know tomorrow who got their requests filled and who was denied. It will be interesting to see how the secondary ticket market looks this weekend. If NDSU fans got around half of EWU's allotment like I suspect we may start to see those prices drop a lot earlier this year than they have for the last couple title games NDSU has been in (where the drop didn't occur until mid-week before the game).

Hammerhead
December 20th, 2018, 10:19 AM
Someone on Bisonville said they bought a total of 40 tickets from EWU.

NDB
December 20th, 2018, 10:32 AM
not to pick a really old scab ... but ISUr Admin really screwed up Natty ticket sales for our 2014 game. They recovered nicely, but they initially put our ticket allotment out there for all, despite knowing Bison travel well, and did nothing initially to prevent anyone outside Redbird Nation from buying them. It was a sh-t show for about a week before our Admin figured it out and we got our entire allotment set aside for Redbird fans only .. used a priority points approach to deciding who got the tickets first. It got stupid and ugly ... on both sides. But we were newbies to this.

The broke the f#cking law by taking tickets they had sold to me 'back'. Dirty sh#t.

Everybody screws up, but adults own their mistakes.

cx500d
December 20th, 2018, 12:32 PM
The broke the f#cking law by taking tickets they had sold to me 'back'. Dirty sh#t.

Everybody screws up, but adults own their mistakes.
It was probably middle finger guy that bought your tickets

RootinFerDukes
December 20th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Out of curiosity, out of all the seasons that NDSU has been in Frisco, has there been other programs that couldn't even sell their full 4k allotment and it allowed NDSU fans to buy them when they hit the general public? I bet Towson wasn't able to sell theirs in 2013.

In 2016, YSU returned 3K of their 4k to the NCAA who then issued them to JMU and still sold all 7K. Their fans were pissed about it but apparently the YSU admin didn't think they'd sell anywhere close to that amount and wanted to go ahead and release them, if I recall correctly. The day of, I would have guess 1.5-2K YSU fans were there. They filled about 50% of 1/4 of the lower capacity stadium without the endzone seats, I guess you could call that 1/8 of the stadium was their fans. 3K tops if you're being generous.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2018, 01:12 PM
Out of curiosity, out of all the seasons that NDSU has been in Frisco, has there been other programs that couldn't even sell their full 4k allotment and it allowed NDSU fans to buy them when they hit the general public? I bet Towson wasn't able to sell theirs in 2013.
Towson has been the only one. Illinois St had to put some effort into campaigning for people to buy tickets IIRC. Jacksonville St and Sam Houston St never had any issues (along with JMU obviously) I don't think.

I'm actually surprised EWU sold to the general public so quickly. I would've thought they'd be fine holding off on that until after Christmas and giving their season ticket holders and donors more time to pick up additional tickets for friends etc... but hey we'll take it. xthumbsupx

RootinFerDukes
December 20th, 2018, 01:21 PM
Towson has been the only one. Illinois St had to put some effort into campaigning for people to buy tickets IIRC. Jacksonville St and Sam Houston St never had any issues (along with JMU obviously) I don't think.

I'm actually surprised EWU sold to the general public so quickly. I would've thought they'd be fine holding off on that until after Christmas and giving their season ticket holders and donors more time to pick up additional tickets for friends etc... but hey we'll take it. xthumbsupx

Yeah. Either they're incompetent for not holding on to them as long as allowed, or the sales were REALLY bad and they knew there was no way they'd sell even half of them. I'll be curious to see how many EWU fans actually show.

I understand Cheney, WA is about as far away from Frisco as an FCS team can get, save for maybe Maine, but still. You haven't been in 8 years. I think playing NDSU discourages other fan bases from showing up sometimes. You're less enthusiastic to go see a likely loss.

FWIW, the EWU/UD game in Frisco in 2010 was a 13K crowd. I'm sure most of that turnout was UD fans.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 20th, 2018, 02:35 PM
They wont bring anywhere close to 1000 fans they will bring less than Towson did. They have already given back half of their ticket allotment

FUBeAR
December 20th, 2018, 02:41 PM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/dec/18/eastern-washington-hopes-to-keep-pace-with-north-d/?amp-content=amp

Eastern Washington hopes to keep pace with North Dakota State on the field, in the standsTue., Dec. 18, 2018, 5:22 p.m

North Dakota State fans have been purchasing tickets to the FCS national title game since August.
Considering the Bison have won six of the last seven FCS national titles and have been heavily favored to win another, it’s been a pretty safe investment.
Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas – where NDSU (14-0) will face Eastern Washington (12-2) on Jan. 5 in this year’s title game (https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/dec/15/eric-barrieres-record-tying-performance-leads-east/) – has been a home away from the Fargodome for the Bison.
Eastern Washington wants to make sure the 4,100 tickets it’s been allotted stay out of green and gold hands.
Tickets go on sale to the general public on Wednesday at noon at GoEags.com. More than one-third of the $90 tickets were sold as of Tuesday.
Tickets went on sale to season-ticket holders on Monday. As of Tuesday, 1,362 tickets were purchased and another 100 were given to football staff members.
“We want to make sure that before they go to sell to the general public, that as many Eastern people as possible are getting theirs,” said EWU ticket office employee Brittney Norris said.
“We don’t want (North Dakota State’s fans) to take over.”

ysubigred
December 20th, 2018, 02:48 PM

xsalutex

RootinFerDukes
December 20th, 2018, 02:51 PM
not even 1400 tickets sold before releasing to the general public. Wow. That's after both donors and season ticket holders had a window to purchase?

At first, I thought the OP's poll was just garbage with only two selections, but I guess I'm going to have to go with the 1K option.

cx500d
December 20th, 2018, 05:12 PM
In the 2010 championship between EWU and Delaware, attendance was ~ 13,000. I assume Delaware had the majority of the attendance...

NDB
December 20th, 2018, 07:17 PM
Wonder howuch of a haircut scalpers are going to take?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2018, 08:08 PM
90/10 is what I think the breakdown will be.

2K EWU fans....maybe 3K....maybe.

Bisonoline
December 20th, 2018, 08:27 PM

2K EWU fans....maybe 3K....maybe.

They only sold 1400 of which any EWU fan could purchase tickets----then made the rest of there allotment available to the general public.

I think 1600-1700 max.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2018, 06:27 AM
They only sold 1400 of which any EWU fan could purchase tickets----then made the rest of there allotment available to the general public.

I think 1600-1700 max.

Well, this one could be another Towson showing then....xnodx

Maybe EWU fans will cheer when the Bison are on defense also....xlolx

kalm
December 21st, 2018, 09:36 AM

I think 1600-1700 max.

No. Tickets were only available for Eagle Athletics Fund members (minimum $100 donation) until Wednesday at noon. As of Tuesday afternoon they had sold 1462. I don't know how many more they sold between then and noon Wednesday but they did run a special and reduce the membership minimum to $50 on Tuesday. I know they sold a few more after that. Hopefully they got over 2,000 and I know they were all gone as of yesterday.

This is the result of significant turnover in the athletics department. New AD who comes from FBS, new associate AD for external affairs who was with Wazzu, and a brand new Director of ticketing. As always, we're under-resourced but the lack of experience at EWU and coming from places with greater resources played a significant roll.

When we played UD we had around 5,000 there. I'm guessing we're somewhere around 3,000 this time due to you bastards buying up the rest. :D

RootinFerDukes
December 21st, 2018, 09:52 AM
Wow, even JMU's Duke Club only sets its minimum annual donation at $75. Why would they not reach out to non-donor season ticket holders next before then allowing them to hit the general public knowing 19 out of every 20 transactions was going to be to a Bison fan.

Derby City Duke
December 21st, 2018, 10:46 AM
Wow, even JMU's Duke Club only sets its minimum annual donation at $75. Why would they not reach out to non-donor season ticket holders next before then allowing them to hit the general public knowing 19 out of every 20 transactions was going to be to a Bison fan.

Almost as badly bungled as YSU in '16...

Redbird 4th & short
December 21st, 2018, 01:48 PM
Almost as badly bungled as YSU in '16...
eh .. slight over-statement. If I'm scoring on 1 to 10 ... 10 being worst handling, I would rank as follows:

- YSU 2016 ... 10 out of 10 ... serious incompetence went on and they never recovered, and they covered it up horribly
- ISUr 2014 ... 8 initially, but recovered very well ... couple Bison fans will feel otherwise ... I won't lose any sleep.
- EWU 2018 ... 7 of 10 if what is reported above is true; started out fine, but should have just adjusted price if they weren't selling enough. Got to pull out all stops to use allotment, especially against Bison caravan.

FYI .. after initially f-ing it up, ISU recovered well .. and we later got word of the extra 500 corner seats, they found money/someone to buy all 500 to sell or give to ISU students. EWU needed to have that attitude as their Plan B ... use the tickets allotted .. refund the difference on higher priced ... butts in seats in more important than a little extra "profit".

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 21st, 2018, 01:53 PM

2K EWU fans....maybe 3K....maybe.Not even close, they barely get that many at home games.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RootinFerDukes
December 21st, 2018, 01:55 PM
The YSU complaining in 2016 was kind of moot anyways because at the end of the day, not all tickets were sold off the secondary market and you could have easily bought one for less than face value. There just wasn't enough demand from JMU and YSU combined to fill the 16k seats they had that year.

Had it been NDSU, then yeah, a lot of YSU fans would've been out of tickets they should've had access too, but if a 2016 YSU fan wanted a ticket, it was there. They just didn't want the ticket.

RootinFerDukes
December 21st, 2018, 01:58 PM
So what happened with Illinois State's Frisco tickets in 2014. I must've missed that story.

kalm
December 21st, 2018, 02:11 PM
Not even close, they barely get that many at home games.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Please list in order who you hate most:

EWU
MSU
Flyfisherman
Canoeists
Flyfisherman in canoes
Sierra Club members

BisonFan02
December 21st, 2018, 02:16 PM

EWU
MSU
Flyfisherman
Canoeists
Flyfisherman in canoes
Sierra Club members

List not complete enough.....also WAY too much duplication. Poll invalid.

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2018, 02:31 PM
So what happened with Illinois State's Frisco tickets in 2014. I must've missed that story.
I believe they started off selling tickets to anyone who placed an order on their website. When they realized most of their orders were coming from ND on MN addresses they decided to "invalidate" certain orders and I think they closed sales after that to everyone except their athletic donors and season ticket holders. I think it took them a week plus after that but they got their entire allotment sold with having to open it to the general public public.

RootinFerDukes
December 21st, 2018, 02:35 PM
I believe they started off selling tickets to anyone who placed an order on their website. When they realized most of their orders were coming from ND on MN addresses they decided to "invalidate" certain orders and I think they closed sales after that to everyone except their athletic donors and season ticket holders. I think it took them a week plus after that but they got their entire allotment sold with having to open it to the general public public.

Wow. That takes the cake as the stupidest of them all. Even more so when you realize they're a conference foe who SHOULD be acutely aware of NDSU and their fan base.

citdog
December 21st, 2018, 02:41 PM

EWU
MSU
Flyfisherman
Canoeists
Flyfisherman in canoes
Sierra Club members

Fat Chicks

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2018, 03:05 PM
Fat Chicks with big dicks

Fixed your post xlolx

cx500d
December 21st, 2018, 03:42 PM
Well I got my email from the ndsu ticket office saying I didn’t get the tickets I requested; 2nd year in a row I didn’t get tickets through the ticket office, so demand seems strong on the ndsu side. Luckily I have my one ticket I got in the FUBAR August sale; no guests this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redbird 4th & short
December 21st, 2018, 04:08 PM
100% self inflicted, but some piling on from Bison fans. I don't recall all the details, but here are the lowlights .... our Sports Admin had no plan whatsoever for how they would sell Natty Tickets from allotment .. zero plan. So after tickets became available from NCAA, I think we set aside about 500+ for the important ISU peeps, maybe more ... and put the rest up for sale publicly. Well within couple days or so, word got out that Bison were quicker to draw buying up a lot of our ticket allotment. Our AD actually closed his office for several days over holiday after this happened, while Redbirdforum erupted and he took a very bad public beating during that time. Well they eventually recovered and announced due to high demands, they had oversold their ticket allotment and would have to set up a priority points systems based on criteria related to being a Redbird fan, starting with the high roller donors, then certain ISU club members, then things like being alumnus/student, etc. It got pretty ugly with Bison fans after that as they earned no points .. you heard one earlier here ... some threatened class action suits for breach of contract.

We screwed up, but some Bison fans over-reacted .. simple incompetence by our Sports Admin with zero intent to harm anyone .. then we corrected our mistake. What was ironic was how some Bison fans were telling us 1,000's of tickets would free up in the days leading up to game .. one guy assured us, at least 6,000 tickets would flood the market that last week so we didn't need to worry while Bison were buying up our tickets. Which doesn't explain why those Bison couldn't just wait for those to buy instead of ours ? Obviously our 3,200 fans would strongly prefer to sit together, not scattered all over the 17k Bison fans filling thr rest of stadium. Well 1,000's never free'd up ... maybe 100's freed up in the final days. Game was near sell out and 20,900+ .. great game and turnout.

Anyway, we screwed up and then fixed it. We got most or all our 2,800 or 3,300 (not sure ?) allotment and sat together, plus 500 more in corners which went to ISU students. PLus maybe a few hundered more scattered around stadium. There were some empty seats but not many. So if any Bison fans had their tickets reneged on by ISU, there were some other tickets available on game day or stubhub.

Oops, did I just pick a fully healed scab ??

Redbird 4th & short
December 21st, 2018, 04:14 PM
Wow. That takes the cake as the stupidest of them all. Even more so when you realize they're a conference foe who SHOULD be acutely aware of NDSU and their fan base.
really stupid .. yes !!! But we recovered ...and nothing compares to what YSU did .. not even close. And EWU should have adjusted as soon as they knew the tickets weren't selling out over face value. We at least adjusted.

cx500d
December 21st, 2018, 04:15 PM
100% self inflicted, but some piling on from Bison fans. I don't recall all the details, but here are the lowlights .... our Sports Admin had no plan whatsoever for how they would sell Natty Tickets from allotment .. zero plan. So after tickets became available from NCAA, I think we set aside about 500+ for the important ISU peeps, maybe more ... and put the rest up for sale publicly. Well within couple days or so, word got out that Bison were quicker to draw buying up a lot of our ticket allotment. Our AD actually closed his office for several days over holiday after this happened, while Redbirdforum erupted and he took a very bad public beating during that time. Well they eventually recovered and announced due to high demands, they had oversold their ticket allotment and would have to set up a priority points systems based on criteria related to being a Redbird fan, starting with the high roller donors, then certain ISU club members, then things like being alumnus/student, etc. It got pretty ugly with Bison fans after that as they earned no points .. you heard one earlier here ... some threatened class action suits for breach of contract.

We screwed up, but some Bison fans over-reacted .. simple incompetence by our Sports Admin with zero intent to harm anyone .. then we corrected our mistake. What was ironic was how some Bison fans were telling us 1,000's of tickets would free up in the days leading up to game .. one guy assured us, at least 6,000 tickets would flood the market that last week so we didn't need to worry while Bison were buying up our tickets. Which doesn't explain why those Bison couldn't just wait for those to buy instead of ours ? Obviously our 3,200 fans would strongly prefer to sit together, not scattered all over the 17k Bison fans filling thr rest of stadium. Well 1,000's never free'd up ... maybe 100's freed up in the final days. Game was near sell out and 20,900+ .. great game and turnout.

Anyway, we screwed up and then fixed it. We got most or all our 2,800 or 3,300 (not sure ?) allotment and sat together, plus 500 more in corners which went to ISU students. PLus maybe a few hundered more scattered around stadium. There were some empty seats but not many. So if any Bison fans had their tickets reneged on by ISU, there were some other tickets available on game day or stubhub.

Oops, did I just pick a fully healed scab ??

Nope I had tickets right next to the isur section. It was fun smack talking across the aisle....poor isur middle finger guy, I wonder if he ever recovered

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2018, 04:27 PM
Well I got my email from the ndsu ticket office saying I didn’t get the tickets I requested; 2nd year in a row I didn’t get tickets through the ticket office, so demand seems strong on the ndsu side. Luckily I have my one ticket I got in the FUBAR August sale; no guests this year.

From the sounds of it tickets through the NDSU allotment were as hard to get this year as they've ever been. There was a guy ranked in the 600s that posted on Bisonville that he was denied. I wonder if there were some double dippers who bought tickets through the EWU allotment just in case they were denied through NDSU? Secondary market ticket prices are still pretty low compared to previous years but maybe the higher demand amongst NDSU fans is going to drive that up. There's already a bunch of new "WTB Frisco tickets" posts popping up on the Bisonville ticket exchange right now.

cx500d
December 21st, 2018, 04:40 PM
From the sounds of it tickets through the NDSU allotment were as hard to get this year as they've ever been. There was a guy ranked in the 600s that posted on Bisonville that he was denied. I wonder if there were some double dippers who bought tickets through the EWU allotment just in case they were denied through NDSU? Secondary market ticket prices are still pretty low compared to previous years but maybe the higher demand amongst NDSU fans is going to drive that up. There's already a bunch of new "WTB Frisco tickets" posts popping up on the Bisonville ticket exchange right now.
I don't know what my rank is, I just know what my points are

Redbird 4th & short
December 21st, 2018, 04:42 PM
Nope I had tickets right next to the isur section. It was fun smack talking across the aisle....poor isur middle finger guy, I wonder if he ever recovered

worst 1:38 of our football lives ....

cx500d
December 21st, 2018, 04:44 PM
worst 1:38 of our football lives ....
wait....You are middle finger guy?

polsongrizz
December 21st, 2018, 06:03 PM

No

NDSU1980
December 21st, 2018, 06:42 PM
From the sounds of it tickets through the NDSU allotment were as hard to get this year as they've ever been. There was a guy ranked in the 600s that posted on Bisonville that he was denied. I wonder if there were some double dippers who bought tickets through the EWU allotment just in case they were denied through NDSU? Secondary market ticket prices are still pretty low compared to previous years but maybe the higher demand amongst NDSU fans is going to drive that up. There's already a bunch of new "WTB Frisco tickets" posts popping up on the Bisonville ticket exchange right now.600 points and still got denied? Wow I kinda remember one year someone said 150 points was the cutoff. But then everyone has more points from donating more to get season tickets last year. Just call it Priority Point inflation.

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2018, 07:03 PM
600 points and still got denied? Wow I kinda remember one year someone said 150 points was the cutoff. But then everyone has more points from donating more to get season tickets last year. Just call it Priority Point inflation.
Ranked in the 600s. I'd guess that's between 300 and 400 priority points.

Bisonoline
December 21st, 2018, 07:21 PM
600 points and still got denied? Wow I kinda remember one year someone said 150 points was the cutoff. But then everyone has more points from donating more to get season tickets last year. Just call it Priority Point inflation.

That has to be ranking.

My ranking is 375 but I have 741 points.

If he would of had 600 points he would of gotten tickets.

NDSU1980
December 21st, 2018, 07:41 PM
That has to be ranking.

My ranking is 375 but I have 741 points.

If he would of had 600 points he would of gotten tickets.

That's still a lot of points. I'm sure glad to see the fans aren't getting tired of going to Frisco Thanks for the clarification from you and Chaos.

Redbird 4th & short
December 22nd, 2018, 02:12 PM
wait....You are middle finger guy?
Have to protect my anonymity ... but did his arm look a lot like this ??

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/oFI1eOmKby7W2ezm-hVN5kDRobA=/0x0:182x114/1200x0/filters:focal(0x0:182x114):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9516623/Screen_Shot_2017_10_23_at_9.51.53_AM.png

cx500d
December 22nd, 2018, 02:13 PM
Have to protect my anonymity ... but did his arm look a lot like this ??

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/oFI1eOmKby7W2ezm-hVN5kDRobA=/0x0:182x114/1200x0/filters:focal(0x0:182x114):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9516623/Screen_Shot_2017_10_23_at_9.51.53_AM.png

Very similar, but he was a little more scrawny

Gil Dobie
December 22nd, 2018, 04:18 PM
I remember the SHSU middle finger player. :)

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 23rd, 2018, 08:57 AM
So basically somewhere between 1-3K fans from EWU will be there.

POD Knows
December 23rd, 2018, 09:11 AM
Scored two more tickets, got the three I needed. Tickets are sort of tough for this game. I bought mine on Vivid Seats and the sections I was looking at had about 20 to 70 in each section and most of those were gone overnight. I imagine more will slip in there in the upcoming days but I wasn't going to take a chance.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 23rd, 2018, 09:11 AM
.....just slightly better than Towson's effort...

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 23rd, 2018, 10:02 AM
Scored two more tickets, got the three I needed. Tickets are sort of tough for this game. I bought mine on Vivid Seats and the sections I was looking at had about 20 to 70 in each section and most of those were gone overnight. I imagine more will slip in there in the upcoming days but I wasn't going to take a chance.

My TMers confirmation just came thru my phone early this morning. I was in panic mode Friday evening trying to find a ticket. Away from home so not by my computer to check...plus I never got the robocall from the ticket office. Ya, I was sweating it...lol. I've gotten tickets every year so I figured no problem this year. Glad I got them.

POD Knows
December 23rd, 2018, 10:12 AM
My TMers confirmation just came thru my phone early this morning. I was in panic mode Friday evening trying to find a ticket. Away from home so not by my computer to check...plus I never got the robocall from the ticket office. Ya, I was sweating it...lol. I've gotten tickets every year so I figured no problem this year. Glad I got them.The rumblings are that next week there would be more tickets and the price would come down but I don't like taking chances to save 50 or 100 bucks. Ended up getting two tickets in section 101, and then one other one someplace else. I have never sat for this game, I always stand by the rail and will do so this time as well, never ever mess with the streak.

Redbird 4th & short
December 23rd, 2018, 10:33 AM
Very similar, but he was a little more scrawny
oh shoot, this selfie was from our 2017 NDSU game .. as you can see, I've been hitting the weight room harder since 2014 !! LIke I said, that 1:38 was crushing but motivating !!

xsplatx

cx500d
December 23rd, 2018, 10:48 AM
oh shoot, this selfie was from our 2017 NDSU game .. as you can see, I've been hitting the weight room harder since 2014 !! LIke I said, that 1:38 was crushing but motivating !!

xsplatx

We motivate a lot of people. I heard und is crushing it in the weight room also

Redbird 4th & short
December 23rd, 2018, 11:14 AM
We motivate a lot of people. I heard und is crushing it in the weight room also

but clearly, I'm making better gains than UND .. tell me you aren't a little more intimidated by my middle finger in 2017 than you were in 2014 ???

xnodx

cx500d
December 23rd, 2018, 08:10 PM
but clearly, I'm making better gains than UND .. tell me you aren't a little more intimidated by my middle finger in 2017 than you were in 2014 ???

xnodx

you have significantly bulked up your middle finger....very impressive. I used to have a strong middle finger from the days the russkies and Chicoms used to intercept me when I was in the navy, but I’ve lost all that bulk now, and I have to be careful nowadays so I dont pull my middle finger cause that can hurt (the nose)

Red & Black
December 24th, 2018, 09:33 AM
So basically somewhere between 1-3K fans from EWU will be there.

About 3k is best guess. Heard they sold around 3700 thus far.

Southern Bison
December 24th, 2018, 09:55 AM
you have significantly bulked up your middle finger....very impressive. I used to have a strong middle finger from the days the russkies and Chicoms used to intercept me when I was in the navy, but I’ve lost all that bulk now, and I have to be careful nowadays so I dont pull my middle finger cause that can hurt (the nose)CX's foreign relations...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181224/9b400bbb3d5ee71b4c577cd6cf95c5f2.gif

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cx500d
December 24th, 2018, 06:24 PM
CX's foreign relations...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181224/9b400bbb3d5ee71b4c577cd6cf95c5f2.gif

I wish, it wasn’t quite that cool. More like giving someone the finger while in your car

dewey
December 24th, 2018, 06:31 PM

It will be interesting to see as a lot of Bison fans bought tickets in the EWU allotment.

Dewey

RootinFerDukes
December 25th, 2018, 02:18 PM

Shocked it isn’t sold out within 24 hours of going on sale to the general public. We know who would’ve bought the lion-share of the full allotment.

Bisonoline
December 25th, 2018, 02:21 PM
Shocked it isn’t sold out within 24 hours of going on sale to the general public. We know who would’ve bought the lion-share of the full allotment.

It isnt sold out???

NDB
December 25th, 2018, 10:25 PM
eh .. slight over-statement. If I'm scoring on 1 to 10 ... 10 being worst handling, I would rank as follows:

- YSU 2016 ... 10 out of 10 ... serious incompetence went on and they never recovered, and they covered it up horribly
- ISUr 2014 ... 8 initially, but recovered very well ... couple Bison fans will feel otherwise ... I won't lose any sleep.
- EWU 2018 ... 7 of 10 if what is reported above is true; started out fine, but should have just adjusted price if they weren't selling enough. Got to pull out all stops to use allotment, especially against Bison caravan.

FYI .. after initially f-ing it up, ISU recovered well .. and we later got word of the extra 500 corner seats, they found money/someone to buy all 500 to sell or give to ISU students. EWU needed to have that attitude as their Plan B ... use the tickets allotted .. refund the difference on higher priced ... butts in seats in more important than a little extra "profit".

Wtf do you mean by recovered well?

Isur broke the law. There was no takesys backsys clause in the deals that were made.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 26th, 2018, 06:17 AM
It will be interesting to see as a lot of Bison fans bought tickets in the EWU allotment.

Dewey

I'm guessing 1/2 of their allotment went to Bison fans.....xnodx....xlolx

Probably be a little better showing than Towson but less than Ill State. 2K or at the most 3K IMO......probably 2. I see they had 5K for their playoff games. Maybe 2K in Frisco....maybe....

dewey
December 26th, 2018, 06:59 AM

Probably be a little better showing than Towson but less than Ill State. 2K or at the most 3K IMO......probably 2.I would guess closer to 3k than 2k. EWU had about 1400-1500 sold before they went on sale to the general public. I would assume that some of the EWU faithful got their tickets through the general sale.

Perhaps it was already stated but how many Eagle fans were at the game in 2011?

I would think that it would be similar to that with it even being potentially higher as the Eagles have had a lot of success the last 9 years.

Dewey

RootinFerDukes
December 26th, 2018, 07:21 AM
It isnt sold out???

Not if only 3.7k were sold per the poster’s comment. It’s 4,000.

RootinFerDukes
December 26th, 2018, 07:29 AM
I agree with the Bison fans on ISUR taking back the original ticket sales to the general public. Not only was the sale already final, but ticket offices can’t refuse to issue cancellations and refunds for tickets any other game of the year but then when THEY have to cancel orders, it’s suddenly okay?

Bull****, that’s a two way street. The no cancellations applies to the ticket office’s end too.

Someone could’ve made non-refundable travel plans based on the understanding that they had a game ticket available. You’re costing them money.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 26th, 2018, 07:37 AM
I would guess closer to 3k than 2k. EWU had about 1400-1500 sold before they went on sale to the general public. I would assume that some of the EWU faithful got their tickets through the general sale.

I would think that it would be similar to that with it even being potentially higher as the Eagles have had a lot of success the last 9 years.

Dewey

Maybe they bring more than what I think.

kalm
December 26th, 2018, 08:14 AM
I would guess closer to 3k than 2k. EWU had about 1400-1500 sold before they went on sale to the general public. I would assume that some of the EWU faithful got their tickets through the general sale.

Dewey

4,000-5,000

Redbird 4th & short
December 26th, 2018, 08:48 AM
I wish, it wasn’t quite that cool. More like giving someone the finger while in your car

everyone is infinitely braver and tougher, (and a better singer) when driving .... were you at least driving backwards at the time ??

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 26th, 2018, 11:29 AM
4,000-5,000

Pfft......wishful thinking.

kalm
December 26th, 2018, 01:45 PM
Pfft......wishful thinking.

I was replying to how many were at the Delaware game. I already guessed around 3,000 for this one. xcoffeex

ysubigred
December 26th, 2018, 02:25 PM
The YSU complaining in 2016 was kind of moot anyways because at the end of the day, not all tickets were sold off the secondary market and you could have easily bought one for less than face value. There just wasn't enough demand from JMU and YSU combined to fill the 16k seats they had that year.

Had it been NDSU, then yeah, a lot of YSU fans would've been out of tickets they should've had access too, but if a 2016 YSU fan wanted a ticket, it was there. They just didn't want the ticket.

I had 3 extra tickets in 16 and could not give them away in the TG lot! My NDSU co-worker gave them to me he bought them prematurely LOL!!

cx500d
December 26th, 2018, 02:27 PM
I had 3 extra tickets in 16 and could not give them away in the TG lot! My NDSU co-worker gave them to me he bought them prematurely LOL!!
With all the whining ysu people you couldn’t even give the, away?

ysubigred
December 26th, 2018, 02:30 PM
With all the whining ysu people you couldn’t even give the, away?

Nope all the YSU fans had tickets. Offered to JMU fans all were covered also.

Redbird 4th & short
December 26th, 2018, 02:47 PM
I agree with the Bison fans on ISUR taking back the original ticket sales to the general public. Not only was the sale already final, but ticket offices can’t refuse to issue cancellations and refunds for tickets any other game of the year but then when THEY have to cancel orders, it’s suddenly okay?

Bull****, that’s a two way street. The no cancellations applies to the ticket office’s end too.

Someone could’ve made non-refundable travel plans based on the understanding that they had a game ticket available. You’re costing them money.
agree it was bad, but highly doubt a single Bison fan ate non-refundable plane tickets.

In the end, the right thing was done. Put it in some perspective ... Bison got their 17,000+ tickets, we ultimately got our 3,300+. We were stupid newbies to process, Bison practically do this for a living (year 4 in Frisco, not to mention D-II runs ?) .... but ultimately, we did right by our fans.

But it is 99.99% likely no Bison fan was denied a ticket after they actually made nonrefundable travel plans and losing their Redbird allotment tickets. There were some for sale on stubhub all the way up to game day and still a few empty seats on game day. But while some Bison fans were screaming bloody murder over this, others were arguing that Redbird fans were getting all up in arms over nothing because 1,000's of tickets would flood the market in the coming weeks and we could just buy them back at face value anyway ... supposedly. Though apparently that same argument didn't apply to Bison who lost their Redbird tickets in our expo facto lottery system for some reason. In the end, 100's of tickets were available, no where near 1,000's .. and Bison are very resourceful. So I would bet money not a single Bison fan got stuck paying for a non-refundable flight. There were 100's of tickets on Stubhub for at least a week (falling towards face value) leading up to game .. even while Bison fans were so irate about not sitting in the Redbird allotment area amongst our fans.

None of this changes fact that our Sports Admin were incredibly stupid for not anticipating or planning for this better. First time for us, and Bison took full advantage .. so we made it right for our fans.

So no real harm, no real foul .. our 3,300 fans got to sit together as they should have ... and so did the 17,000+ Bison fans. Not exactly the crime of the century ... some Bison fans had to sit somewhere else with their own Bison fans, instead of in the Redbird sections.

cx500d
December 26th, 2018, 04:40 PM
agree it was bad, but highly doubt a single Bison fan ate non-refundable plane tickets.

In the end, the right thing was done. Put it in some perspective ... Bison got their 17,000+ tickets, we ultimately got our 3,300+. We were stupid newbies to process, Bison practically do this for a living (year 4 in Frisco, not to mention D-II runs ?) .... but ultimately, we did right by our fans.

But it is 99.99% likely no Bison fan was denied a ticket after they actually made nonrefundable travel plans and losing their Redbird allotment tickets. There were some for sale on stubhub all the way up to game day and still a few empty seats on game day. But while some Bison fans were screaming bloody murder over this, others were arguing that Redbird fans were getting all up in arms over nothing because 1,000's of tickets would flood the market in the coming weeks and we could just buy them back at face value anyway ... supposedly. Though apparently that same argument didn't apply to Bison who lost their Redbird tickets in our expo facto lottery system for some reason. In the end, 100's of tickets were available, no where near 1,000's .. and Bison are very resourceful. So I would bet money not a single Bison fan got stuck paying for a non-refundable flight. There were 100's of tickets on Stubhub for at least a week (falling towards face value) leading up to game .. even while Bison fans were so irate about not sitting in the Redbird allotment area amongst our fans.

None of this changes fact that our Sports Admin were incredibly stupid for not anticipating or planning for this better. First time for us, and Bison took full advantage .. so we made it right for our fans.

So no real harm, no real foul .. our 3,300 fans got to sit together as they should have ... and so did the 17,000+ Bison fans. Not exactly the crime of the century ... some Bison fans had to sit somewhere else with their own Bison fans, instead of in the Redbird sections.

D2 runs were never in danger of a sellout

RootinFerDukes
December 26th, 2018, 04:41 PM
D2 runs were never in danger of a sellout

Was NDSU’s fan base just not as big of a traveling force back then? It was usually in northern Alabama, which is even further.

cx500d
December 26th, 2018, 04:47 PM
Was NDSU’s fan base just not as big of a traveling force back then? It was usually in northern Alabama, which is even further.
I think the 1st 4 were in McAllen Tx (rio grand valley at the tip by Brownsville)

Winindy
December 26th, 2018, 05:36 PM

I think the 1st 4 were in McAllen Tx (rio grand valley at the tip by Brownsville)

The answer is yes. The traveling fans have grown exponentially since moving to FCS. The support has always been strong in Fargo though. Dakota field was packed pre-dome for NCC games, but they weren't bringing 20k fans to the D2 finals. Still it was good support for a D2 team 1000 miles away from home.

I think when I first remember the big shift into the herd that follows the herd, was the Gopher game at the Metrodome in '07. Minnesota was drawing fair crowds 45-50k, but it felt like there were 30,000 bison fans at that game and was pretty much sold out at 63,000. it outdrew the Wisconsin game. Ever since then, if there are tickets available, people make plans to travel.

Bisonoline
December 26th, 2018, 05:40 PM
The answer is yes. The traveling fans have grown exponentially since moving to FCS. The support has always been strong in Fargo though. Dakota field was packed pre-dome for NCC games, but they weren't bringing 20k fans to the D2 finals. Still it was good support for a D2 team 1000 miles away from home.

I think when I first remember the big shift into the herd that follows the herd, was the Gopher game at the Metrodome in '07. Minnesota was drawing fair crowds 45-50k, but it felt like there were 30,000 bison fans at that game and was pretty much sold out at 63,000. it outdrew the Wisconsin game. Ever since then, if there are tickets available, people make plans to travel.

Youre pretty much right on the money.

kalm
December 28th, 2018, 09:17 AM

Probably be a little better showing than Towson but less than Ill State. 2K or at the most 3K IMO......probably 2. I see they had 5K for their playoff games. Maybe 2K in Frisco....maybe....

Just heard from a reliable source that 800 were sold to Bizon fans.

Sorry to disappoint. You guys are still strong though. I’m just glad we’re getting a decent showing.

Hammerhead
December 28th, 2018, 09:32 AM
I was at the 1986 D-II championship game in 1986. There was one charter bus with mostly students and some middle-aged people who bought alcohol for us. My memory is pretty fuzzy due to time and the amount of alcohol I drank that weekend, but I doubt there were more than a few thousand Bison fans and maybe not even that many. All I remember from the game itself is the mounted police in front of the goal posts -- I guess they thought we would tear them down?

da_Bison
December 28th, 2018, 09:44 AM

Sorry to disappoint. You guys are still strong though. I’m just glad we’re getting a decent showing.

Kalm, how would they know this? I live in Colorado and bought 4. The reliable source is correct that 800 went to Nodak addresses but what about the rest? Addresses outside out North Dakota

kalm
December 28th, 2018, 09:51 AM
Kalm, how would they know this? I live in Colorado and bought 4. The reliable source is correct that 800 went to Nodak addresses but what about the rest? Addresses outside out North Dakota

There were only 1200 purchased from outside Spokane/Cheney area. Of those 400 were from Western Washington. The 800 were from beyond. I'm sure there were a handful of Bizon fans within Washington State that purchased (I know the Bootfitter lives in Central Washington) but probably not enough to make a huge difference.

RootinFerDukes
December 28th, 2018, 09:53 AM

So what your saying is 4,000 sold but only 800 to ndsu fans. You went from only 1300 sold before going public to 3200?

Are that many ewu fans unwilling to donate to your athletic fund or buy season tickets?

kalm
December 28th, 2018, 10:02 AM
So what your saying is 4,000 sold but only 800 to ndsu fans. You went from only 1300 sold before going public to 3200?

Are that many ewu fans unwilling to donate to your athletic fund or buy season tickets?

There were 1300 sold as of sometime Tuesday afternoon. There's a chance that a decent number of EAF members waited until the last minute and purchased before Wednesday at noon. I don't know what that number was.

But yes, there are probably a large number of fans unwilling to donate. We have one of the smallest athletics budgets in the Big Sky and an endowment of only $16 million. It's mostly a teachers and social workers college with few well heeled alumnus.

cx500d
December 28th, 2018, 12:33 PM
There were 1300 sold as of sometime Tuesday afternoon. There's a chance that a decent number of EAF members waited until the last minute and purchased before Wednesday at noon. I don't know what that number was.

But yes, there are probably a large number of fans unwilling to donate. We have one of the smallest athletics budgets in the Big Sky and an endowment of only $16 million. It's mostly a teachers and social workers college with few well heeled alumnus.
Yeah,it only takes a few $ to get a stadium named for you

POD Knows
December 28th, 2018, 12:37 PM
Yeah,it only takes a few $ to get a stadium named for youYep, a little 70's vintage red shag carpet will get that done.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 28th, 2018, 01:22 PM

Oh goody, so basically not as pathetic as the Towson showing but right there with Ill State and almost up to their allotment.

3K out of 20 or 21 K.....dewey was right with his 85/15 split.

kalm
December 28th, 2018, 01:38 PM
Oh goody, so basically not as pathetic as the Towson showing but right there with Ill State and almost up to their allotment.

3K out of 20 or 21 K.....dewey was right with his 85/15 split.

+ however many were sold to EWU fans on the secondary markets. I know of at least a few. Then there are the neutral fans. Right Rev, can I send you an EWU hoodie? :D

cx500d
December 28th, 2018, 02:44 PM
+ however many were sold to EWU fans on the secondary markets. I know of at least a few. Then there are the neutral fans. Right Rev, can I send you an EWU hoodie? :D
Rev is in bison green and gold (if he knows what’s good for him) or he wants the bison discount in Frisco instead of the ewu markup, or just anykind of service

RootinFerDukes
December 28th, 2018, 02:59 PM
Why would they be discounting things with NDSU fans in town? If anything, I’d be marking **** up.

EdubAlum
December 28th, 2018, 03:20 PM
There were only 1200 purchased from outside Spokane/Cheney area. Of those 400 were from Western Washington. The 800 were from beyond. I'm sure there were a handful of Bizon fans within Washington State that purchased (I know the Bootfitter lives in Central Washington) but probably not enough to make a huge difference.

I can tell you that 13 of those 800 were sold to me, and EWU fan that lives in Oregon.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 28th, 2018, 03:57 PM
Rev is in bison green and gold (if he knows what’s good for him) or he wants the bison discount in Frisco instead of the ewu markup, or just anykind of service

Rev in red?

xsmhx

xnonox

Bisonoline
December 28th, 2018, 06:38 PM
Rev in red?

xsmhx

xnonox

Do I need to bring him a shirt that fits? Rev what size you wear?

Red & Black
December 28th, 2018, 11:56 PM
We’ll be 3-4k strong down there. Not horrible, but certainly a lot less than we brought in 2010 (I’m assuming this is the NDSU effect.)

You guys want to talk football now?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 29th, 2018, 07:00 AM
We’ll be 3-4k strong down there. Not horrible, but certainly a lot less than we brought in 2010 (I’m assuming this is the NDSU effect.)

You guys want to talk football now?

There is a game thread talking football....

BTW, what is this "NDSU effect"? Anyone can buy tickets from the NCAA site when the tickets are first released. Did you?

Red & Black
December 29th, 2018, 09:09 AM
There is a game thread talking football....

BTW, what is this "NDSU effect"? Anyone can buy tickets from the NCAA site when the tickets are first released. Did you?

I think you’re being slightly obtuse.

No, I did not purchase tickets for this game in August for myriad reasons. A) EWU has a bad precedent of losing semi-final games they should win, and B) I’m active duty military and am often unable to venture very far from home station for reasons I won’t go into on a public forum. I don’t always have the knowledge of when those times are months beforehand. If I bought tickets months ago this would be the case; sadly, I’ll have to watch on the TV tbis year.

Given recent history, I know several thousand NDSU fans did buy them back in August. And good on ‘em. This is the NDSU effect I speak of, and why, I assume, there’s a lot fewer tickets out there on the market for folks who decide fairly last minute that they want to make the trek down to Dallas. I know several EWU fans that this applies to. I know, I know, should have purchased through the school’s allotment but it isn’t always common knowledge. It’s been a while since we’ve been to Frisco.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 29th, 2018, 09:26 AM
The opportunity is there for every fan base in August to purchase them. NDSU fans learned the hard way the 1st year in Frisco. Myself, I have enough priority points to get them thru the school allotment, although a couple of years I went and bought tickets in the opposing team's section. If the team does not make it to the NC game, people can always sell them. Now it might be hard to dump them if the two teams have poor traveling attendance but that is the chance you take.

Red & Black
December 29th, 2018, 09:37 AM
The opportunity is there for every fan base in August to purchase them. NDSU fans learned the hard way the 1st year in Frisco. Myself, I have enough priority points to get them thru the school allotment, although a couple of years I went and bought tickets in the opposing team's section. If the team does not make it to the NC game, people can always sell them. Now it might be hard to dump them if the two teams have poor traveling attendance but that is the chance you take.

I see your point and agree with it. I’d offer NDSU fans are a lot more well-versed in what you described than virtually any other fan base in the FCs, however. And given NDSU’s success this decade, it explains why so many of their fans buy tickets in advance. Other schools not so much.

caribbeanhen
December 29th, 2018, 09:46 AM
I can tell you that 13 of those 800 were sold to me, and EWU fan that lives in Oregon.

Oregon ..... I can smell the fumes now wafting around the stadium, are you sitting near Calm?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 29th, 2018, 09:47 AM
I see your point and agree with it. I’d offer NDSU fans are a lot more well-versed in what you described than virtually any other fan base in the FCs, however. And given NDSU’s success this decade, it explains why so many of their fans buy tickets in advance. Other schools not so much.

Yes, we are spoiled....:D

If I was an EWU fan, I would buy tickets for the NCAA site in Aug of '19 because EWU will probably be better next year.

uni88
December 29th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Does it really matter how many fans EWU brings to Frisco?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29796&stc=1

cx500d
December 29th, 2018, 11:29 AM
I think you’re being slightly obtuse.

No, I did not purchase tickets for this game in August for myriad reasons. A) EWU has a bad precedent of losing semi-final games they should win, and B) I’m active duty military and am often unable to venture very far from home station for reasons I won’t go into on a public forum. I don’t always have the knowledge of when those times are months beforehand. If I bought tickets months ago this would be the case; sadly, I’ll have to watch on the TV tbis year.

Given recent history, I know several thousand NDSU fans did buy them back in August. And good on ‘em. This is the NDSU effect I speak of, and why, I assume, there’s a lot fewer tickets out there on the market for folks who decide fairly last minute that they want to make the trek down to Dallas. I know several EWU fans that this applies to. I know, I know, should have purchased through the school’s allotment but it isn’t always common knowledge. It’s been a while since we’ve been to Frisco.

Thanks for serving.

Red & Black
December 29th, 2018, 12:09 PM

If I was an EWU fan, I would buy tickets for the NCAA site in Aug of '19 because EWU will probably be better next year.

Interestingly, I think this team’s roster has something like 24 Seniors. You’d think losing that many Seniors would have a huge effect on next season, and it might. But, of the 10 starters lost this year I believe 8 of them are Seniors. We had to rely on depth to even get to this position, so maybe losing so many guys won’t have as big of an effect as anticipated. Also noticed NDSU has a lot of Seniors but I don’t expect they’ll miss a beat. That’s what “competitive” depth will do for you.

Redbird 4th & short
December 29th, 2018, 12:12 PM

Dare I ask/say .... with coaching losses and senior losses, how are you feeling about Bison chances next year ?? By my count, you guys are losing 16 starters and lto of production on both sides of ball.

Offense: losing QB, top 2 RBs, top 3 WRs (5 of top 6 reception leaders), top TE, then 3 of 5 on OL ... so only 2 of 11 returning starters, 3 if you include the other TE in double TE sets; but then also losing top RB and WR on 2 deep.

Defense: losing 3 of 4 DL, 2 of 3 LBs, and 2 of 4 DBs ... so returning 4 of 11; plus losing couple more off your 2 deep

So of position players, losing 16 of 21 ... plus losing league leading PR, kicker, and half of your KR production. Then some asst coaches following HC.

I know you guys reload better than anyone, period .. but that is lot to overcome alongside coaching changes. Got to be some fall off, you think ?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 29th, 2018, 12:12 PM
Interestingly, I think this team’s roster has something like 24 Seniors. You’d think losing that many Seniors would have a huge effect on next season, and it might. But, of the 10 starters lost this year I believe 8 of them are Seniors. We had to rely on depth to even get to this position, so maybe losing so many guys won’t have as big of an effect as anticipated. Also noticed NDSU has a lot of Seniors but I don’t expect they’ll miss a beat. That’s what “competitive” depth will do for you.

I'm going by what your head coach said on local radio here. Many underclassmen have played and they have built good depth. Now add in a QB that looks to be a really good one potentially...ya, maybe EWU fans might want to buy tickets in Aug to make sure they get them.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 29th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Dare I ask/say .... with coaching losses and senior losses, how are you feeling about Bison chances next year ?? By my count, you guys are losing 16 starters and lto of production on both sides of ball.

Offense: losing QB, top 2 RBs, top 3 WRs (5 of top 6 reception leaders), top TE, then 3 of 5 on OL ... so only 2 of 11 returning starters, 3 if you include the other TE in double TE sets.

Defense: losing 3 of 4 DL, 2 of 3 LBs, and 2 of 4 DBs ... so returning 4 of 11; plus couple more off your 2 deep

So of position players, losing 16 of 21 ... plus losing league leading PR, kicker, and half of your KR production. Then some asst coaches following HC.

I know you guys reload better than anyone, period .. but that is lot to overcome alongside coaching changes. Got to be some fall off, you think ?

Great question.

Will there be a fall off? I guess right now anything that doesn't involve going to Frisco would be considered a fall off.

As pertaining to the coaching staff. I think enough of them have stayed where the team will not lose a beat....continuity wise. Entz is keeping same philosophy on both sides of the ball.

Now player wise: ES is one of the best to come thru NDSU. Losing him will hurt next year. There are 2 RFR and 1 FR on the roster and Entz is bringing in a QB transfer from Iowa State. It will make for some good competition in the spring but the true FR will be the starting QB next year unless he has an injury. The Cyclone transfer is not as mobile as the freshman and having a mobile QB is part of the NDSU offensive scheme.

NDSU rotates so many on defense that I think the defense will be fine.

OL - monster young guys coming up
RB - loaded next year with 4 very ones

I think NDSU will be a playoff team but probably will not go undefeated in the regular season. I think they win all OOC games and will probably lose a couple of Valley games. SDSU and Ill State are on the road....those will be tough. But if there is any team that can reload and not lose a beat it is the Bison.

cx500d
December 29th, 2018, 12:44 PM
I'm going by what your head coach said on local radio here. Many underclassmen have played and they have built good depth. Now add in a QB that looks to be a really good one potentially...ya, maybe EWU fans might want to buy tickets in Aug to make sure they get them.

No, ewu should not buy any tickets...nor should anyone else.

Professor Chaos
December 29th, 2018, 09:27 PM
Well, if you want to make some money buy tickets in August and sell them to Bison fans for double what you paid for them if NDSU makes it but your team doesn't. You win either way.

Red & Black
December 29th, 2018, 11:03 PM
Well, if you want to make some money buy tickets in August and sell them to Bison fans for double what you paid for them if NDSU makes it but your team doesn't. You win either way.

Good point, but that’s assuming NDSU makes it. Good probability, but then there’s the 2016 outlier.

Professor Chaos
December 29th, 2018, 11:58 PM
Good point, but that’s assuming NDSU makes it. Good probability, but then there’s the 2016 outlier.
That's the gamble us Bison fans take. I'm sure there would've been some tickets eaten or sold well below face by Bison fans if it was SDSU and EWU instead. My point is people other than Bison fans can benefit off it as well (and I'm sure some do) by buying tickets during the August presale. NDSU isn't the only crowd that could make money for resellers either. I'd say JMU, JSU, Montana, Montana St, and probably several nearby Southland schools could drive resale tickets above face. I was able to make a little profit off the tickets I bought in August 2016 after the Bison lost out because JMU fans were eager to buy.

RootinFerDukes
December 30th, 2018, 09:01 AM
JMU fans back then should’ve waited and realized the prices would drop when the seller sits on it long enough. They may have been eager to secure a ticket before making plans.

Other than plane flights, all other items can be cancelled if you don’t end up going. Just buy your plane tickets, reserve cancelable other items and wait to see tickets drop. If ndsu isn’t there, you won’t need to buy anything at face value.

People aren’t patient though.

Professor Chaos
December 30th, 2018, 09:20 PM
JMU fans back then should’ve waited and realized the prices would drop when the seller sits on it long enough. They may have been eager to secure a ticket before making plans.

Other than plane flights, all other items can be cancelled if you don’t end up going. Just buy your plane tickets, reserve cancelable other items and wait to see tickets drop. If ndsu isn’t there, you won’t need to buy anything at face value.

People aren’t patient though.
Same with NDSU fans and we should know better by this point. People are frantic trying to get tickets that first week after the semis and then by the week of the game there's usually people actively looking to offload tickets for face value or less. I've been lucky enough to get tickets for face value every year I've gone so I can't say I've been in their shoes but I always tell people to plan to go without tickets if you're only looking to pay face value and you'll get tickets by game time. They've been available in the lots before the game for cheap (or even free) every year.

Redbird 4th & short
December 31st, 2018, 06:44 AM
Great question.

Will there be a fall off? I guess right now anything that doesn't involve going to Frisco would be considered a fall off.

As pertaining to the coaching staff. I think enough of them have stayed where the team will not lose a beat....continuity wise. Entz is keeping same philosophy on both sides of the ball.

Now player wise: ES is one of the best to come thru NDSU. Losing him will hurt next year. There are 2 RFR and 1 FR on the roster and Entz is bringing in a QB transfer from Iowa State. It will make for some good competition in the spring but the true FR will be the starting QB next year unless he has an injury. The Cyclone transfer is not as mobile as the freshman and having a mobile QB is part of the NDSU offensive scheme.

NDSU rotates so many on defense that I think the defense will be fine.

OL - monster young guys coming up
RB - loaded next year with 4 very ones

I think NDSU will be a playoff team but probably will not go undefeated in the regular season. I think they win all OOC games and will probably lose a couple of Valley games. SDSU and Ill State are on the road....those will be tough. But if there is any team that can reload and not lose a beat it is the Bison.
thanks for insights ... any excuse my typo ... 16 of 22 ... last I checked, there are still 11 starters on both sides of ball.

You didn't ask, but hope springs eternal in Redbird land ... we return a lot of starters and from our 2 deep as well .. based on late season starters, we lose just 2 of 11 on defense and 3 of 11 on offense .. similar % from our 2nd string, so competition for reps will only help.

Our main problem this season was Memphis transfer QB Davis really struggled with consistency .. we're hoping a full offseason with skill players will clean that up some. That and the occasional quarter where we just fell apart with key mistakes. As for QB, we just need him to be solid to take pressure off run game.. RBs Robinson and Smith are both back, plus 4 of 5 OL. As for lapses, we hope that was attributable to our youth.

But our defense lost 9 of 11 from 2017 and still had a very good year .. now we return 9 of 11 .. so we have very high hopes on that side of ball next fall.

Good luck in Natty .. as much as EWU has improved in terms of toughness, defensively and in run game under new coach, they can't beat Bison at Bison game .. so unless EWU pass game opens things up ... I think this is 2+ TD win for Bison.

EdubAlum
December 31st, 2018, 08:45 AM
Oregon ..... I can smell the fumes now wafting around the stadium, are you sitting near Calm?

Never met him actually. :-)

EdubAlum
January 5th, 2019, 02:57 PM
Never met him actually. :-)

Feels like EWU brought about 4k.

KPSUL
January 5th, 2019, 03:26 PM
Feels like EWU brought about 4k.

I agree, I sat on the NDSU side the 1st half, moved to the EWU for the 2nd. So I got a good view of the whole place. The EWU fans acquitted them selves very well - they were loud enough for the team to know they had a fan base there.

IBleedYellow
January 5th, 2019, 03:28 PM
You counthttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190105/c097962c2564465994f39cde7fa93a9f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

RootinFerDukes
January 5th, 2019, 07:47 PM
You counthttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190105/c097962c2564465994f39cde7fa93a9f.jpg

The entire counting fans thing is just sad and insecure by NDSU fans but let’s count.

I would guess that one side is 1/3, another side is 1/3, EZ sections 1/3. 6300 seats per side.

I give them roughly 5.5 of 9.5 sections. That sliver of a section by the stage EZ is a half section. That’s about 58-59%.

Grand total: 3600-3700. 4,000 is slightly generous but not egregiously so.

A hell of a lot more than we thought they’d bring. Good job Eastern. Remember, their regular and postseason attendance was about 8K I think.

NDB
January 5th, 2019, 07:50 PM
Don't know the number, but the Eagles fans were loud!

IBleedYellow
January 5th, 2019, 07:57 PM
The entire counting fans thing is just sad and insecure by NDSU fans but let’s count.

I would guess that one side is 1/3, another side is 1/3, EZ sections 1/3. 6300 seats per side.

I give them roughly 5.5 of 9.5 sections. That sliver of a section by the stage EZ is a half section. That’s about 58-59%.

A hell of a lot more than we thought they’d bring. Good job Eastern. Remember, their regular and postseason attendance was about 8K I think.Literally could not care about the amount of fans anyone brings anymore. I hope they show up and support their team because they deserve it.

I just happened to have this picture so I figured I'd post it.

EWU fans were great and loud.

dewey
January 5th, 2019, 11:37 PM
Literally could not care about the amount of fans anyone brings anymore. I hope they show up and support their team because they deserve it.

I just happened to have this picture so I figured I'd post it.

EWU fans were great and loud.

Agreed. The Eagles fans we interacted with were nice and cheered loud for their team.

Hey IBY can you send me that picture? I will PM you my email address. We are in the top of section 108 (25 yard line left side). I word love to print off that panoramic and hang it up at home.

Thanks

Dewey

cx500d
January 5th, 2019, 11:41 PM

A hell of a lot more than we thought they’d bring. Good job Eastern. Remember, their regular and postseason attendance was about 8K I think.

Actually, since the seats are red in color, you are counting empty seats as an EWU person. I was on the EWU side on the 45 yard line. There was one section with lots of empty seats.

RootinFerDukes
January 6th, 2019, 04:30 PM
Actually, since the seats are red in color, you are counting empty seats as an EWU person. I was on the EWU side on the 45 yard line. There was one section with lots of empty seats.

Interesting. Kind of proof that counting people is a pointless practice.

If I were a SRO person and I saw sections of seats unfilled into the 2nd quarter, I’d just go help myself to them. Why not?

cx500d
January 6th, 2019, 05:44 PM

If I were a SRO person and I saw sections of seats unfilled into the 2nd quarter, I’d just go help myself to them. Why not?
Some people just Like to mill around nervously. Plus the view in that stadium is really good from anywhere along the rail.

NDSUtk
January 6th, 2019, 08:30 PM
Some people just Like to mill around nervously. Plus the view in that stadium is really good from anywhere along the rail.And it's real easy access to another beer when you're up there. A few from my group watched the second half from the end zone bar and rail. We had 8th row End Zone seats but they liked it up there.

IBleedYellow
January 6th, 2019, 08:55 PM
Some people just Like to mill around nervously. Plus the view in that stadium is really good from anywhere along the rail.

or if NDSU is losing we have to banish POD to the SRO areas.

cx500d
January 7th, 2019, 07:15 AM
And it's real easy access to another beer when you're up there. A few from my group watched the second half from the end zone bar and rail. We had 8th row End Zone seats but they liked it up there.

For the end zone, view is better up high when the action is on the other side for sure.

POD Knows
January 7th, 2019, 10:45 AM
or if NDSU is losing we have to banish POD to the SRO areas.Just for the record, I stood during the entire game sort in the same position/place that I would occupy at the Fargo Dome. I figured that move was worth at least 7 points for the Bison.

EdubAlum
January 7th, 2019, 12:31 PM

Were you in the EWU tailgate area at like 630 am? We were the ones with the blue minivan that parked in front of the Land Rover.

Redbird 4th & short
January 7th, 2019, 12:56 PM

the "allotted" section does look bigger than what we were "allotted" in our Jan 2015 game. So that is consistent with what I thought. But we also had 500 more tickets from the 2 corner wedges in left end zone. Then I'm guessing we had several hundred or so scattered around the stadium. So it looks like EWU drew about same as ISUr did, maybe a little more .. but for sure they had more sit together with bigger allotment .. but that depends on how many EWU allotment tickets Bison fans secured. Regardless good game and good showing for EWU after all the fuss over their allotment ... I can relate.