PDA

View Full Version : AP FCS All-America Team Announced

smallcollegefbfan
December 11th, 2018, 01:02 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/2018-ap-fcs-all-america-team-list/2018/12/11/e847daea-fd68-11e8-a17e-162b712e8fc2_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.337da2353997

POD Knows
December 11th, 2018, 01:05 PM
Why does Hodges have his pic on this article? He is the second team QB.

Also, I am still amazed that this Doss guy from UC Davis isn't a first team WR, he appears to be the best "next level" WR in FCS.

TheKingpin28
December 11th, 2018, 01:16 PM
TC was straight disrespected by not being a Top 3 All American

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

POD Knows
December 11th, 2018, 01:18 PM

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkYep, we should have been 3rd team at a minimum. I don't get the allure of the QB from KSU, he is a good player in that system but he isn't a top three guy, I would also put the QB from UC Davis over the KSU guy.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2018, 01:19 PM
No T.J. Holl?!?

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2018, 01:24 PM

I thought the same about Jonas Griffith. I assume this was picked by the playoff selection committee

CappinHard
December 11th, 2018, 01:42 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/2018-ap-fcs-all-america-team-list/2018/12/11/e847daea-fd68-11e8-a17e-162b712e8fc2_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.337da2353997

https://media.giphy.com/media/acttIrNAHaoco/giphy.gif

gofurman
December 11th, 2018, 02:16 PM
Furman with a sophomore - PK Grayson Atkins.

And a FRESHMAN. 15-sack LB Adrian Hope. In 10 games. As a backup. Vs two option teams. That’s SICK

Professor
December 11th, 2018, 02:32 PM
2 on the 1st team. One on Offense and one on Defense. Go Aggies

TheValleyRaider
December 11th, 2018, 02:47 PM
No T.J. Holl?!?

That is a surprise, but glad to see Holland, Wheeler, and Daramy-Swaray

ysubigred
December 11th, 2018, 02:48 PM
Yep, we should have been 3rd team at a minimum. I don't get the allure of the QB from KSU, he is a good player in that system but he isn't a top three guy, I would also put the QB from UC Davis over the KSU guy.

If you haven't figured it out yet this article is garbage and don't mean squat.

ysubigred
December 11th, 2018, 02:49 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/acttIrNAHaoco/giphy.gif

Plus 1 ^^ anti-MVFC

TheKingpin28
December 11th, 2018, 02:54 PM
Yep, we should have been 3rd team at a minimum. I don't get the allure of the QB from KSU, he is a good player in that system but he isn't a top three guy, I would also put the QB from UC Davis over the KSU guy.

Jake was good until he ran into a team with a pulse. TC is still getting disrespected even after that JMU loss.

No T.J. Holl?!?

Too many celebrations caused him to slide. xlolx

I will say this though, if he could cut down his cockiness, he would be a solid ball player but those antics when being down by a lot, made it hard for me to root for him. I give him credit for trying to smack talk to the fans though.

Big Dawg
December 11th, 2018, 03:22 PM
FAMU punter Chris Faddoul made the 1st team...that kid can absolutely crush the ball. He flips the field like crazy.

Go Green
December 11th, 2018, 04:15 PM
glad to see Holland, Wheeler, and Daramy-Swaray

Simlar sentiments here for Swann and Kaskey!

:)

SochorField
December 11th, 2018, 04:47 PM
Bandy over Doss ? Are you *****ing kidding me?

cx500d
December 11th, 2018, 05:07 PM
Too many celebrations caused him to slide. xlolx

I will say this though, if he could cut down his cockiness, he would be a solid ball player but those antics when being down by a lot, made it hard for me to root for him. I give him credit for trying to smack talk to the fans though.

TJ Holl, That was that #21 guy that was swearing up a storm in front of us that we started to razz... I let up on him after he smiled at us and gave the hand shrug while gesturing to the score. He seemed to be taking it pretty well.

POD Knows
December 11th, 2018, 05:09 PM
If you haven't figured it out yet this article is garbage and don't mean squat.
Yea, OK, the only thing I give a **** about is the fact that Stick and the NDSU brand be the pic on the article. It is all about branding.

Thumper 76
December 11th, 2018, 05:18 PM

And no Johnson or Rozeboom. To leave one or maybe even two off, I’d have an issue but fine. To leave ALL OF THEM off? Are you ****ING kidding me? What a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redbird 4th & short
December 11th, 2018, 05:28 PM
he wouldn't be top 3 QB in MVFC .. the idiocy continues.

Case in point ... did KSU struggle in their run game against SDSU one iota after he left game with injury ?? NO. Did their pass game improve after he left game ?? Yes. Burk is a system QB who can't throw. Their system worked fine after he left against best team they played all year.

Again, I like him .. but I just don't get this at all. ISUb Ryan Boyle was better and might only be the 4th or 5th best QB in MVFC. Then add UCD and Princeton guys for sure, and a few others I'm sure.

People are still punishing Christion for 1 stupid game .. no other games like it before or since. THIS YEAR, he had 2nd highest QBR (among teams who played teams with a pulse) in FCS playing against a top 10 SOS.

SoDakSA
December 11th, 2018, 05:39 PM

Case in point ... did KSU struggle in their run game against SDSU one iota after he left game with injury ?? NO. Did their pass game improve after he left game ?? Yes. Burk is a system QB who can't throw. Their system worked fine after he left against best team they played all year.

Again, I like him .. but I just don't get this at all. ISUb Ryan Boyle was better and might only be the 4th or 5th best QB in MVFC. Then add UCD and Princeton guys for sure, and a few others I'm sure.

People are still punishing Christion for 1 stupid game .. no other games like it before or since. THIS YEAR, he had 2nd highest QBR (among teams who played teams with a pulse) in FCS playing against a top 10 SOS.

My guess is that if TC had been the first ever recruit to the program he might be getting some recognition.

TheKingpin28
December 11th, 2018, 05:43 PM
TJ Holl, That was that #21 guy that was swearing up a storm in front of us that we started to razz... I let up on him after he smiled at us and gave the hand shrug while gesturing to the score. He seemed to be taking it pretty well.

That's why I give him credit for trying to smack talk. Kid has some serious heart though

JSUSoutherner
December 11th, 2018, 05:44 PM
Josh Pearson for president!

TheKingpin28
December 11th, 2018, 05:45 PM
And no Johnson or Rozeboom. To leave one or maybe even two off, I’d have an issue but fine. To leave ALL OF THEM off? Are you ****ING kidding me? What a joke.

Rozeboom was quite the shocker considering Cox got in.

Thumper 76
December 11th, 2018, 06:05 PM

Them man lost Weineke and Goedert and didn’t skip a beat yet drops in the voting for most everything.

TheKingpin28
December 11th, 2018, 06:09 PM
Them man lost Weineke and Goedert and didn’t skip a beat yet drops in the voting for most everything.

#StittHappens

Thumper 76
December 11th, 2018, 06:09 PM
#StittHappens

Touché

Redbird 4th & short
December 12th, 2018, 09:54 AM

I thought he would slip some based on that alone coming into this season .. the skill level AND catch radius of big receivers like Weineke and Goedert would add 5% or more to any QB's completion rate. It didn't seem to phase Christion at all to lose those guys. Give some credit to rest of team and coaches, but someone had to be able to throw the ball into tighter spots.

I hate to say it, but there is something fishy about all this love for Burk and just stupid how Christion dropped so far .. or just sheer laziness/incompetence by the committee.

Go Green
December 12th, 2018, 11:01 AM
Surprised that no one has yet asked World his opinion that John Lovett was not named AA.

ST_Lawson
December 12th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Surprised that no one has yet asked World his opinion that John Lovett was not named AA.

Dude got banned. Wouldn't shut up about it (in an obnoxious way) and he no longer is welcome here.

TheKingpin28
December 12th, 2018, 11:07 AM
Surprised that no one has yet asked World his opinion that John Lovett was not named AA.He's perma-banned

Go Green
December 12th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Dude got banned. Wouldn't shut up about it (in an obnoxious way) and he no longer is welcome here.

Gotcha. That would explain his lack of bitching here.

:)

And while I'm always bummed to lose Ivy fans, I can't say that I'm surprised. He really didn't know when to quit...

SochorField
December 12th, 2018, 01:26 PM
Still scratching my head over Doss on the 2nd team. What's a Michael Bandy?

World is waiting for the Super All-America Team to be announced. The team that has Lovett and Horstadt on it for every position.

**Edit** Welp, just read he was banned. Oh well.

MTfan4life
December 12th, 2018, 07:42 PM

He did run for 29 touchdowns during just the regular season. The all-time FCS record for QBs was previously 27. Having done something that no one had ever done before is a possible reason he got some votes. I think Terrance West is the only player at any position to have ever run for more during the regular season when he hit 30 in 2013.

MTfan4life
December 12th, 2018, 07:53 PM

I'm pretty sure it wasn't his homering or even his obnoxious posting that got him banned. The hammer came down when he started doxxing people. Mess with someone else's privacy on here or any online forum and you won't be around much longer.

Back on topic: LeGrand Toia not even getting on the 3rd team is a pretty harsh crime. Not even Dante Olson was a unanimous first team all-conference selection. I believe he was second team AFCA all-american last season and probably will be on that list again. It's just kind of crazy that the best player on arguably one of the 3 best defenses in the country has NINE people selected instead of him.

Go Green
December 13th, 2018, 08:05 AM
I'm pretty sure it wasn't his homering or even his obnoxious posting that got him banned. The hammer came down when he started doxxing people. Mess with someone else's privacy on here or any online forum and you won't be around much longer.

Yeah- I saw some of that too.

I don't suppose the FCS All-American voters read this board, do they?

Human nature being what it is, it's possible they voted for other candidates because World was being such a dick...

POD Knows
December 13th, 2018, 08:08 AM
He did run for 29 touchdowns during just the regular season. The all-time FCS record for QBs was previously 27. Having done something that no one had ever done before is a possible reason he got some votes. I think Terrance West is the only player at any position to have ever run for more during the regular season when he hit 30 in 2013.Yea, still not seeing it. Too many other good QB's out there.