PDA

View Full Version : UCA Not Sharp Enough for Conque

TexasTerror
April 6th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Lots of young kids at UCA and after having a break for spring break, were apparently not sharp during their second scrimmage. I'm surprised they did a scrimmage so quickly after being off a week for Spring Break. Conques points to quarterback-center exchanges, defensive declarations and personnel groupings as some of the concerns.

Bears are extremely young and it could make for a tough opening act in the SLC...

CONWAY, Ark_ The University of Central Arkansas Bears went through their second scrimmage of the spring Thursday night, but it didn't draw much applause from head coach Clint Conque.

The Bears, in just their sixth practice of the spring and second since taking a week off for Spring Break, were not very sharp, according to Conque.

"Overall, I just wasn't pleased,' said Conque, who will be coaching his eighth UCA team this fall. "Some of the things concerned me after six days of practice. We had some poor quarterback-center exchanges, we had some problems with personnel groupings, some defensive declarations.

"We had some flashes at times, but there just wasn't any tempo, any continuity. And I realize the format today was a lot of situations rather than just playing straight through, but our young players have to grow up. They have to understand what we're trying to get accomplished here.'

http://ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=1&article=1843

rokamortis
April 6th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Coastal did the same thing, the results were similar.

BearsCountry
April 6th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Hopefully UCA wont be sharp on Sept. 22 either.

GeauxLions94
April 7th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Hopefully UCA wont be sharp on Sept. 22 either.

Or Oct. 20.

BearBull24
April 7th, 2007, 08:37 PM
I went to the scrimmage and we looked ok but as Coach Conque said were young. But don't worry by Sept. 22 (which I will be at that game painted up) and Oct 20th we should be back to our old dominating selfs xsmiley_wix