Southern Bison
December 8th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Let Hate Week recommence.

POD Knows
December 8th, 2018, 04:45 PM
The playoffs begin next week. Scrimmages are over. It is time to lock and load

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2018, 04:48 PM
Ladies and Gentleman.........this is the national championship.

mmiller_34
December 8th, 2018, 04:51 PM
I voted for the Bison.

SDSU can’t match up in these pressure games against he Bison. NDSU 34, SDSU 3. #BookIt

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2018, 04:52 PM
The playoffs begin next week. Scrimmages are over. It is time to lock and load

You waiting to put the hex on em? I see you haven't voted yet xlolx Bookit?

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2018, 04:53 PM
Ladies and Gentleman.........this is the national championship.It's a shame they are on the same side of the bracket. I do think it would have made for one hell of a game in Frisco!

POD Knows
December 8th, 2018, 04:53 PM
Also. I am going to add this, if I see a freaking Jack Rabbit fan sitting in a reserved seat, I am going to find out whose seat that is and I am going to go their house and throw them in the trunk of my car and take them for a ride out to the country. Terrible crowd today and you can bet your ass that a bunch of losers will scalp their tickets or be too lame to show up. Somebody should publish list of fans that allowed their seat to be occupied by an SDSU fan

mmiller_34
December 8th, 2018, 04:54 PM

I already did it for him.

Also. I am going to add this, if I see a freaking Jack Rabbit fan sitting in a reserved seat, I am going to find out whose seat that is and I am going to go their house and throw them in the trunk of my car and take them for a ride out to the country. Terrible crowd today and you can bet your ass that a bunch of losers will scalp their tickets or be too lame to show up. J should publish list of fans that allowed their seat to be occupied by an SDSU fan

I already have 6 reserved seats for the game.

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2018, 04:55 PM

Your's doesn't count xrolleyesx

POD Knows
December 8th, 2018, 04:56 PM
Didnt work in the SDSU KSU game. I will probably drop a couple hundred by betting on SDSU, that seems to be fool proof

Grizalltheway
Also. I am going to add this, if I see a freaking Jack Rabbit fan sitting in a reserved seat, I am going to find out whose seat that is and I am going to go their house and throw them in the trunk of my car and take them for a ride out to the country. Terrible crowd today and you can bet your ass that a bunch of losers will scalp their tickets or be too lame to show up. Somebody should publish list of fans that allowed their seat to be occupied by an SDSU fan

Woah man, relax. It's just college football.

BisonFan02

100% chance it happens......the current following that has tickets in the dome is ****ing pathetic. There has been turnover in the fanbase as far as tickets go.....as foretold by "yours truly" a few years ago.....the social event crowd got bored and has bailed...."diehards" haven't come back. Apathy has set in too......but if you can't get up for a NDSU/SDSU semifinal game.....I can't help you.

mmiller_34
December 8th, 2018, 04:57 PM
Didnt work in the SDSU KSU game. I will probably drop a couple hundred by betting on SDSU, that seems to be fool proof

Unless I counter your bet.

POD Knows
December 8th, 2018, 04:58 PM

Who did you get them from. I am going to find out where you live and waterboard you to make you talk. xnodx

mmiller_34
December 8th, 2018, 04:58 PM
100% chance it happens......the current following that has tickets in the dome is ****ing pathetic. There has been turnover in the fanbase as far as tickets go.....as foretold by "yours truly" a few years ago.....the social event crowd got bored and has bailed...."diehards" haven't come back. Apathy has set in too......but if you can't get up for a NDSU/SDSU semifinal game.....I can't help you.

Time me to go FBS so you can get a home game against a G5 team

POD Knows
December 8th, 2018, 05:01 PM
Yea. Some souless **** will sell their $40 ticket for $80 and think they are rich and brag about it.

Thumper 76
December 8th, 2018, 05:01 PM
So that’s a no on getting a couple from ya then.....

Hook a brother up goddamn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoDakSA
December 8th, 2018, 05:04 PM
Committee tried hard to keep this from happening, but the two best teams in FCS will face off in the playoffs. This game should be next round, but oh well...

Should be a fun week let's hope everyone makes it to next weekend healthy.

This is the marquee game of the playoffs. Better have the good time slot.

POD Knows
December 8th, 2018, 05:11 PM
Woah man, relax. It's just college football.
Hey. We got to get the game face on and directing the ire at our fanbase is part of the process.

POD Knows
December 8th, 2018, 05:12 PM
So that’s a no on getting a couple from ya then.....

Hook a brother up goddamn!

Jesus. I almost forgot. I sold you a ticket once. I need to go to the corner and flog myself with a rusty chain

UpstateBison
December 8th, 2018, 05:12 PM
Who did you get them from. I am going to find out where you live and waterboard you to make you talk. xnodx

We can come up Thursday and I will be your driver. No one will know what happened.

Bison56
December 8th, 2018, 05:14 PM

You dont possess that kind of power.

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2018, 05:15 PM
Committee tried hard to keep this from happening, but the two best teams in FCS will face off in the playoffs. This game should be next round, but oh well...

Should be a fun week let's hope everyone makes it to next weekend healthy.

This is the marquee game of the playoffs. Better have the good time slot.

This game will likely be the Saturday game...either EWU or UCD will be hosting and they'll have the 8 pm ET Friday night game.

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2018, 05:19 PM
You dont possess that kind of power.

The hex or having 6 seats already? xlolx

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2018, 05:19 PM
This game will likely be the Saturday game...either EWU or UCD will be hosting and they'll have the 8 pm ET Friday night game.

I would be SHOCKED if NDSU/SDSU isn't Friday night.

MTfan4life
December 8th, 2018, 05:23 PM

Prepare to be shocked.

Bison56
December 8th, 2018, 05:23 PM

xlolx the hex

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2018, 05:25 PM
They won't be playing at Cheney, WA or Davis, CA at 9 am PT on Saturday.

POD Knows
December 8th, 2018, 05:25 PM
We can come up Thursday and I will be your driver. No one will know what happened.

You coming to the game.

MTfan4life
December 8th, 2018, 05:30 PM
They won't be playing at Cheney, WA or Davis, CA at 9 am PT on Saturday.

I'm pretty sure the TV slot is 2 pm ET, but still, I don't see them starting at 11 on the West coast when they could start at 1 in Fargo. Early starts on the west coast are very rare.

mmiller_34
December 8th, 2018, 05:31 PM

Both. Lol. And yes I do.

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2018, 05:35 PM
I'm pretty sure the TV slot is 2 pm ET, but still, I don't see them starting at 11 on the West coast when they could start at 1 in Fargo. Early starts on the west coast are very rare.

In 2016, when NDSU lost to JMU in the semi's on Friday night....EWU was the #2 seed and lost to YSU on Sat.....

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2018, 05:38 PM
In 2016, when NDSU lost to JMU in the semi's on Friday night....EWU was the #2 seed and lost to YSU on Sat.....
That was a later kickoff on Saturday. I don't remember it being that late but according to the game notes (http://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/400928523) it was a 6:30PM ET kickoff.

The Saturday game getting promoted from ESPNU to ESPN2 is a big deal I think. It means both semis are on the same network and I'd assume the Saturday time slot is probably the more attractive one from ESPN's standpoint since Friday night is a TV wasteland.

dewey
December 8th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Yo Jackrabbits! It is playoff beat down time.

Deweyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181208/2ff0a2994e9fd3bc3e6e5ae778f4d118.gif

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2018, 05:58 PM
I had a great time today. Crowd was good also with bringing the noise.

Two best teams now square off for a second time this season. Good!

Time to beat the bunnies again!!

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2018, 05:59 PM
The hex is back on. Poddy has voted xdrunkyx

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 06:04 PM
The hex is back on. Poddy has voted xdrunkyx

Doesnt count till #bookit

dewey
December 8th, 2018, 06:22 PM
I had a great time today. Crowd was good also with bringing the noise.

Two best teams now square off for a second time this season. Good!

Time to beat the bunnies again!!

Are you going next week? Tailgating with Bisonoline? I will be there.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2018, 06:29 PM
Are you going next week? Tailgating with Bisonoline? I will be there.

Dewey

You bet I'll be there!

Upstatebison and his significant other are also coming up.

PL said he is making gumbo for the semis....xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2018, 06:34 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29700&stc=1

Bring it SDSU!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 8th, 2018, 06:34 PM
I don't see this game being particularly close. I know SDSU played NDSU tough earlier in the year but this is a much different stage. KSU had SDSU on the ropes today despite handicapping their offense too long. NDSU is head an shoulders better than everyone. This game will just re-enforce that.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2018, 06:39 PM
I don't see this game being particularly close. I know SDSU played NDSU tough earlier in the year but this is a much different stage. KSU had SDSU on the ropes today despite handicapping their offense too long. NDSU is head an shoulders better than everyone. This game will just re-enforce that.

Stig Joose will throw everything including the kitchen sink into this game.

Bison are on a mission. SDSU will lose.

UpstateBison
December 8th, 2018, 06:43 PM
You coming to the game.

Yes. We have been to Delaware, UNI (just me), MSU and next week. We have our Frisco tickets so all is good. Thanks to BFNWMN for tickets. I can be your silencer. No issues.

POD Knows
December 8th, 2018, 06:45 PM
Yes. We have been to Delaware, UNI (just me), MSU and next week. We have our Frisco tickets so all is good. Thanks to BFNWMN for tickets. I can be your silencer. No issues.Let me think about it.

FargoBison
December 8th, 2018, 06:47 PM

I'm guessing 5 pm kickoffs on Friday night are just as rare, west coast gets the shaft with the FCS TV time slots.

UpstateBison
December 8th, 2018, 06:48 PM
Let me think about it.

xnodx xthumbsupx

cx500d
December 8th, 2018, 06:49 PM
Coach Joose Stigelmeir is now studying the bison trick playbook for a trick play to steal.

rozenboom is doing extra wrist curls on the flight home building up his ankle and wrist twisting forearm strength.

cx500d
December 8th, 2018, 07:04 PM
We have our ready-made JMUish coaching controversy excuse queued up and ready to go if need be.

Schism55
December 8th, 2018, 07:18 PM
Once more unto the breach dear friends, once more....

mmiller_34
December 8th, 2018, 07:23 PM

This. 100% this.

TennBison
December 8th, 2018, 07:39 PM
If I am not mistaken, tickets for that game will not have gone on sale yet, soooooooooooo.

TennBison
December 8th, 2018, 07:45 PM
You bet I'll be there!

Upstatebison and his significant other are also coming up.

PL said he is making gumbo for the semis....xthumbsupx
Love that shrimp gumbo.

Bisonoline
December 8th, 2018, 08:18 PM
Shrimp, crawfish ,adouille sausage gumbo will be served

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2018, 08:18 PM
I will see all you at the game. Oh and it's time for the bunnies to die.

Rjones61
December 8th, 2018, 08:26 PM
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
NDSU ending SDSU's playoff climb.

Bisonoline
December 8th, 2018, 08:41 PM
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme

I like it!

Bearkats94
December 8th, 2018, 08:57 PM
It's a shame they are on the same side of the bracket. I do think it would have made for one hell of a game in Frisco! The Dakota’s would take over Frisco.🤣🤣 The snow birds would be hell. I remember a time when a bunch of east coast fcs universities was raising hell having the game in Frisco because it was most of their schools in the championship game. Sure hasn’t look like that in a long time.

cx500d
December 8th, 2018, 09:03 PM
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Parsley, sage, rosemary and Thyme.

Bearkats94
December 8th, 2018, 09:05 PM
ESPN should do a game day for this game.

mvfcfan
December 8th, 2018, 09:18 PM
I will be rooting for SDSU in this game. The whole NDSU thing is getting old at this point and in my opinion it's bad for FCS football. At some point down the road I'd actually like to see how NDSU can do in the playoffs on the road. When is the last time NDSU actually played a road playoff game? EWU maybe, when they lost? Believe me, I'm not an NDSU hater. I just don't think it is that hard to make the nat'l championship game year after year when you play nothing but home games in a dome that sells out every game. NDSU usually doesn't even play a tough opponent until the semifinals.

Honestly if NDSU wins this game you might as well hand them another championship. I really don't think EWU or Maine are good enough to beat NDSU. (I do think both could beat SDSU though.) SDSU just has more weapons to beat NDSU with then the other two teams. However SDSU has to limit their turnovers and actually play defense. They're capable of doing both, but that doesn't always happen.

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2018, 09:21 PM
I will be rooting for SDSU in this game. The whole NDSU thing is getting old at this point and in my opinion it's bad for FCS football. At some point down the road I'd actually like to see how NDSU can do in the playoffs on the road. When is the last time NDSU actually played a road playoff game? EWU maybe, when they lost? Believe me, I'm not an NDSU hater. I just don't think it is that hard to make the nat'l championship game year after year when you play nothing but home games in a dome that sells out every game. NDSU usually doesn't even play a tough opponent until the semifinals.

Honestly if NDSU wins this game you might as well hand them another championship. I really don't think EWU or Maine are good enough to beat NDSU. (I do think both could beat SDSU though.) SDSU just has more weapons to beat NDSU with then the other two teams. However SDSU has to limit their turnovers and actually play defense. They're capable of doing both, but that doesn't always happen.

2017 National Title Game was on the road. xcoffeex

Bisonoline
December 8th, 2018, 09:21 PM

All of our FBS wins were on the road. Just saying.

No tough opponents??? Ever hear of Georgia Southern? Wofford about 6 years ago. Plus a few more. Geeez

No_Skill
December 8th, 2018, 09:22 PM
Yeah it's totally easy. Soon everyone will be doing it.

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 09:22 PM

Tell your weakass program to step up and beat NDSU then.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2018, 09:34 PM
Parsley, sage, rosemary and Thyme.

probably the most depressing song ever right there......

Have her find me an acre of land
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
Between the sea foam and over the sand
And then she'll be a true love of mine

Theee Catrabbit
December 8th, 2018, 09:39 PM
Blah blah blah blah blah......it's all been said ad nauseum either way.....just get to gameday already....

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2018, 09:40 PM
This is the Friday night game! It's on!!!

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1071610140850356224

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 8th, 2018, 09:41 PM

One less day I have to wait to watch it!!

FargoBison
December 8th, 2018, 09:43 PM

I love this, I can actually go to the game and tailgate now. This of course is the premiere tailgate of the season.

Rjones61
December 8th, 2018, 09:43 PM
I will be rooting for SDSU in this game. The whole NDSU thing is getting old at this point and in my opinion it's bad for FCS football. At some point down the road I'd actually like to see how NDSU can do in the playoffs on the road. When is the last time NDSU actually played a road playoff game? EWU maybe, when they lost? Believe me, I'm not an NDSU hater. I just don't think it is that hard to make the nat'l championship game year after year when you play nothing but home games in a dome that sells out every game.

Gonna say I disagree. It is very difficult. EWU has lost the last three semifinal appearances xviolinx

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2018, 09:45 PM
I'm taking Friday off!

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2018, 09:46 PM
Friday Night Lights! Here we go!

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2018, 09:47 PM

xthumbsupx

Prepare to be shocked.

xcoffeex This is my shocked look

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2018, 09:48 PM
xthumbsupx

xcoffeex This is my shocked look

There was too much viewership numbers sitting on the table and money to be made by ESPN to not have this as the prime time game.

Bisonoline
December 8th, 2018, 09:49 PM

May be you need to issue Stig a designated driver for this week so he will be illegible to coach this coming Friday. We dont want any excuses do we?

NDSU1980
December 8th, 2018, 09:52 PM
One less day I have to wait to watch it!!

One less day for SDSU to recover from the long flight back from KSU. Stig gonna need lots of Joose to recover from the jet lag.

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2018, 09:55 PM
There was too much viewership numbers sitting on the table and money to be made by ESPN to not have this as the prime time game.
I think the time slots are pretty comparable in terms of viewership, in fact the Saturday afternoon game might be better for that. Friday night is a bad night for TV but it's great for us fans/tailgaters!

CappinHard
December 8th, 2018, 09:58 PM
One less day for SDSU to recover from the long flight back from KSU. Stig gonna need lots of Joose to recover from the jet lag.

No worries, I heard they sponsored our flight to and from Atlanta. They even let us fly in the Joose Jet. Fully stocked with every kind of Joose in existence.

NDSUtk
December 8th, 2018, 09:59 PM
Prepare to be shocked.Not shocked. Bison Bunnies Friday night! Love Friday night games with Friday afternoon tailgates. BWW at 11 for pre-tailgating.

mvfcfan
December 8th, 2018, 10:00 PM
First off I'm not saying it is easy to win a nat'l championship. What I'm saying is that your odds of winning a playoff game are much greater when you play all home playoff games until Frisco (which is not a road game, it's a neutral site, big difference). Especially when you have 18000 screaming fans amplified by the fact that the Bison play in a dome. Winning on the road is difficult enough as it is.

NDSU is basically on a different level than anyone else and it will take a very special team to be able to beat them on the road (ex: JMU). I think there are multiple teams in the field that would have the potential to beat NDSU if they were playing in their own backyard.

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2018, 10:01 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/2fa3ce8348f82031e2e7c1f5514e4c3b/tenor.gif?itemid=5391539

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2018, 10:02 PM
I think the time slots are pretty comparable in terms of viewership, in fact the Saturday afternoon game might be better for that. Friday night is a bad night for TV but it's great for us fans/tailgaters!

The reason why I believe they got the Friday night slot, is that look at the last time these 2 teams met, they set the record for viewership in the playoffs. While it is known as the Friday Night Death Slot, I am glad we got it, especially as you said, for the tailgate too. No other bowl games that night and the D3 championship is on ESPNU. People want football and the bars across America will have it on, just to "have it on" if nothing else.

NDSU1980
December 8th, 2018, 10:02 PM
First off I'm not saying it is easy to win a nat'l championship. What I'm saying is that your odds of winning a playoff game are much greater when you play all home playoff games until Frisco (which is not a road game, it's a neutral site, big difference). Especially when you have 18000 screaming fans amplified by the fact that the Bison play in a dome. Winning on the road is difficult enough as it is.

NDSU is basically on a different level than anyone else and it will take a very special team to be able to beat them on the road (ex: JMU). I think there are multiple teams in the field that would have the potential to beat NDSU if they were playing in their own backyard.
If you don't think Frisco isn't basically a home game for us, you are very naive.

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 10:03 PM

Put the pipe down, detox and seek help.

Bisonoline
December 8th, 2018, 10:04 PM

Iowa? Iowa State? Kansas State? Minnesota? (twice) UNI? SDSU? Western Michigan when they were the Mac Champions?, Colorado State? need I go on?

CappinHard
December 8th, 2018, 10:06 PM

It's tough, but not impossible. We should have won there in 2014 in the playoffs, we did win there in 2016, and we should have won there again this year. Tbh, it's every MVFC team's own fault that they play at home throughout the playoffs every year. Each and every year we could do something about it, and most of the time either no one or only one team does.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2018, 10:07 PM

been referring to FCS as a Ponzi scheme for several years now..... maybe Bernie Madoff can be the next coach as he kept a Ponzi going for 25 years.....haha

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 10:07 PM
It's tough, but not impossible. We should have won there in 2014 in the playoffs, we did win there in 2016, and we should have won there again this year. Tbh, it's every MVFC team's own fault that they play at home throughout the playoffs every year. Each and every year we could do something about it, and most of the time either no one or only one team does.

I see it like this: We won in 2014 in the playoffs, we should have won in 2016 and we did win again this year.

So no bet?

NEBison
December 8th, 2018, 10:15 PM

LOL. It's almost like the 11 game regular season decides who gets home field advantage. Doesn't Ndsu have more losses at home than on the road during this run?

CappinHard
December 8th, 2018, 10:21 PM
I see it like this: We won in 2014 in the playoffs, we should have won in 2016 and we did win again this year.

So no bet?

Lol, touche. Fine, I'm in. Deal.

https://i.giphy.com/media/nPkG9NBDJpxYc/giphy.gif

I will splash the pot whenever the **** I please.

mvfcfan
December 8th, 2018, 10:24 PM
Only 4 road games all season and none of them were in non-conference. I'm not that impressed. The toughest road game for NDSU this year was @UNI, and UNI just couldn't finish the job.

And please don't pretend the MVFC is something that it isn't. If it was so great you guys wouldn't walk through it every year. Outside NDSU and SDSU the MVFC is average at best.

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2018, 10:30 PM
Only 4 road games all season and none of them were in non-conference. I'm not that impressed. The toughest road game for NDSU this year was @UNI, and UNI just couldn't finish the job.

And please don't pretend the MVFC is something that it isn't. If it was so great you guys wouldn't walk through it every year. Outside NDSU and SDSU the MVFC is average at best.

Not our fault your program is worse than a dumpster fire almost every single year.

mvfcfan
December 8th, 2018, 10:32 PM
But like I said I'm not a NDSU hater. Whoever wins this game is who I'm rooting for in the championship game. I'd just prefer to see someone new win it this year. I'm still mad that our idiot commissioner (Doug Elgin) won't invite both XDSU's to the MVC for all sports.

Bisonoline
December 8th, 2018, 10:34 PM

So we blew away your assertions with facts and now you attack the validity of the conference that you are usually a bottom dweller in. xthumbsupxxlolx

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2018, 10:35 PM
But like I said I'm not a NDSU hater. Whoever wins this game is who I'm rooting for in the championship game. I'd just prefer to see someone new win it this year. I'm still mad that our idiot commissioner (Doug Elgin) won't invite both XDSU's to the MVC for all sports.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/the-secret-society/images/a/a3/Running-Away-GIF.gif/revision/latest?cb=20170606231129

Bisonwinagn
December 8th, 2018, 10:51 PM

holy **** for dumb. What are 2?

mvfcfan
December 8th, 2018, 10:53 PM
Is that a GIF of our commissioner running away. I'm pretty sure one of the Dakotas would win the MVC their first year.

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2018, 10:58 PM
Is that a GIF of our commissioner running away. I'm pretty sure one of the Dakotas would win the MVC their first year.

I'm not speaking for SDSU.....NDSU's bball programs, right now, are complete trash...the MVC is not a fit.

mvfcfan
December 8th, 2018, 10:59 PM
Bottom line is that it is easier to win home playoff games than road playoff games. If you can't agree with that then I can't help you. I'm also pretty sure that I'm not the only one that wouldn't mind seeing NDSU lose. It's not that I/we hate NDSU. We just want someone else to win it all. When you're the Alabama of FCS football, you should kind of expect comments like these.

mvfcfan
December 8th, 2018, 11:05 PM
I'm not speaking for SDSU.....NDSU's bball programs, right now, are complete trash...the MVC is not a fit.

I have a lot of confidence that you guys will get it turned around. NDSU and SDSU take a lot of pride in their sports which is why the MVC should be approaching both schools.

cx500d
December 8th, 2018, 11:06 PM
Bottom line is that it is easier to win home playoff games than road playoff games. If you can't agree with that then I can't help you. I'm also pretty sure that I'm not the only one that wouldn't mind seeing NDSU lose. It's not that I/we hate NDSU. We just want someone else to win it all. When you're the Alabama of FCS football, you should kind of expect comments like these.
That’s crazy talk...we are America’s team.

Bisonwinagn
December 8th, 2018, 11:09 PM

Home field has a 3 point advantage according to Sagarin so technically you are correct. However I don't remember too many 3 point wins over the past several years.

Also the Yankees made baseball what it is, Steelers and Cowboys made the NFL what it is and yes those teams are the most hated, but they also raised the bar just like NDSU has with the FCS.

citdog
December 8th, 2018, 11:28 PM
Home field has a 3 point advantage according to Sagarin so technically you are correct. However I don't remember too many 3 point wins over the past several years.

Also the Yankees made baseball what it is, Steelers and Cowboys made the NFL what it is and yes those teams are the most hated, but they also raised the bar just like NDSU has with the FCS.

furman sucks

CappinHard
December 8th, 2018, 11:37 PM

Did you phrase it like that as to not make NDSU feel bad about their terrible basketball team? We all know which Dakota would be winning the MVC their first year. You don't have to sugarcoat it. They know that both of their basketball programs are trash and will be for a while.

SoDakSA
December 8th, 2018, 11:48 PM
As much as I dislike losing to NDSU, they are not bad for FCS. Their success brings eyes to the division. They give a narrative to national media.
What we need is another team to challenge them on a regular basis. Maybe that team is becoming SDSU (we are gonna have to win in the playoffs for that to happen).
Personally, I want to have to beat the Bison to win a natty. To be the man, you gotta be the man.

Thumper 76
December 8th, 2018, 11:51 PM
Personally, I want to have to beat the Bison to win a natty. To be the man, you gotta be the man.

Same, a natty without beating ndsu on the way would feel like it was missing something.

citdog
December 8th, 2018, 11:53 PM
As much as I dislike losing to NDSU, they are not bad for FCS. Their success brings eyes to the division. They give a narrative to national media.
What we need is another team to challenge them on a regular basis. Maybe that team is becoming SDSU (we are gonna have to win in the playoffs for that to happen).

You dakota people do realize that football WAS played in this subdivision whilst you toiled in obscurity in Division II RIGHT???? I LIKE y'all but a history lesson seems to be appropriate...

ST_Lawson
December 8th, 2018, 11:56 PM
Maybe this has been mentioned in another thread, but I haven't seen it here yet.

One thing we need to take into consideration is that SDSU is now the southernmost team in the playoffs. NDSU, Maine, EWU...all further north than Brookings, SD. Therefore, the Jackrabbits inherit the #SouthernSpeed. Just keep that in mind when you're making predictions.

SoDakSA
December 8th, 2018, 11:59 PM
You dakota people do realize that football WAS played in this subdivision whilst you toiled in obscurity in Division II RIGHT???? I LIKE y'all but a history lesson seems to be appropriate...

Maybe when we play one of those historically great programs we can have that lesson. Until then we will just talk about the teams that can actually win a championship

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2018, 12:18 AM
Same, a natty without beating ndsu on the way would feel like it was missing something.

Geez...you guys actually start playing in playoff games....even win a few now....and we are worried about the path to a natty? :D I'm not even mad....I'm impressed. xlolx

mgbison
December 9th, 2018, 01:04 AM
How should have SDSU beat Ndsu at home this year? I’m not following the logic. Close game yes, but at no point did SDSU ever have control. Having a small lead is not control. Also, we ran out the clock to win. Hmmmm

Basically, if Ndsu can put pressure/hits on taryn, we win. He doesn’t like contact and will fold.. The tailback #20 for them is a nice player, sucks we got 3 more years of him.

citdog
December 9th, 2018, 01:06 AM
Maybe when we play one of those historically great programs we can have that lesson. Until then we will just talk about the teams that can actually win a championship

The bumnibblers have just as many championships as vmi....

uni88
December 9th, 2018, 01:10 AM
2017 National Title Game was on the road. xcoffeex

If you don't think Frisco isn't basically a home game for us, you are very naive.

True.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Prime Power
December 9th, 2018, 05:32 AM
The bumnibblers have just as many championships as vmi and The Citadel combined....

FYP.....

TennBison
December 9th, 2018, 06:34 AM

Every championship game they have played in has been a road game, how is that working out for us.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2018, 06:36 AM

Well here is a novel idea for the rest of the Valley teams: Take care of business during the regular season to get potential home games in the playoffs.

You're crazy if you think any Bison fan is going to apologize for beating people at home. The Bison EARNED their home playoff games by taking care of business during conference play.

And OOC games? NDSU has the luxury of not having to play them on the road or taking FBS games to pay the bills. Oh by the way NDSU is 9-3 against FBS teams.....ON THE ROAD....xlolxxcoffeex.....nice try junior.

Get your popcorn and watch a good game Friday night.

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2018, 06:40 AM
Based on the updated Massey and Sagarin ratings I'd expect NDSU to open as a 12-13 point favorite in this one.

TennBison
December 9th, 2018, 06:45 AM

So basically you are rooting against NDSU because you are jealous of what they have, and not because you are a SDSU fan or think that SDSU is better. So instead of your program getting better and developing a culture like the Bison have in its players, coaches, fans, and athletic department, you would just rather hope that the Bison fall down to your level instead of your program rising up to meet NDSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2018, 06:52 AM
Based on the updated Massey and Sagarin ratings I'd expect NDSU to open as a 12-13 point favorite in this one.

Over under on how many cheap shots the Jacks try?

xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

So basically you are rooting against NDSU because you are jealous of what they have, and not because you are a SDSU fan or think that SDSU is better. So instead of your program getting better and developing a culture like the Bison have in its players, coaches, fans, and athletic department, you would just rather hope that the Bison fall down to your level instead of your program rising up to meet NDSU.

xthumbsupx

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2018, 07:49 AM
File this away as a useless stat or as an interesting stat based on your point of view but the last 13 teams trying to win road playoff game for a second consecutive week have failed. The last to do it was Colgate at UNH and JMU in the 1st and 2nd rounds of the 2015 playoffs.

This would apply to Maine in the other semi as well.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2018, 07:53 AM
File this away as a useless stat or as an interesting stat based on your point of view but the last 13 teams trying to win road playoff game for a second consecutive week have failed. The last to do it was Colgate at UNH and JMU in the 1st and 2nd rounds of the 2015 playoffs.

Interesting.

If NDSU plays Friday like they have been doing the last few games, SDSU does not have a chance. Defense has been playing really well.

SoDakSA
December 9th, 2018, 07:56 AM
The bumnibblers have just as many championships as vmi....

Ya, the Keydets really have been a force to reckon with since we made the transition.

MR. CHICKEN
December 9th, 2018, 07:56 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29706&stc=1.......'JACKS.......WILL BE RUN....OUTTAH......DUH NORTHERN HEMISPHERE.........BAH DUH WOOLIE MAMMOUTHS........xnodx.....BRAWK!

POD Knows
December 9th, 2018, 07:57 AM
If I am not mistaken, tickets for that game will not have gone on sale yet, soooooooooooo.He could have gotten a commitment from somebody to get the six tickets I suppose

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2018, 07:57 AM
Interesting.

If NDSU plays Friday like they have been doing the last few games, SDSU does not have a chance. Defense has been playing really well.
It will be the Friday night 7PM kickoff. It was announced last night.

SoDakSA
December 9th, 2018, 08:12 AM
Basically, if Ndsu can put pressure/hits on taryn, we win. He doesn’t like contact and will fold.. The tailback #20 for them is a nice player, sucks we got 3 more years of him.

Just like every game for SDSU/NDSU it comes down to line play. SDSU has to give TC time to make a handful of throws deep to loosen the defense. SDSU's only shot to win is hitting a few "chunck" plays. It's nearly impossible to sustain long drives against the Bison in the Fargodome.

SDSU has to control the line Iof scrimmage to try to limit the Bison ground game. If they can turn it into a pass first game, the chances are better for an upset. Stick's running is what won the first meeting this year. It was a hell of a game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2018, 08:16 AM
Just like every game for SDSU/NDSU it comes down to line play. SDSU has to give TC time to make a handful of throws deep to loosen the defense. SDSU's only shot to win is hitting a few "chunck" plays. It's nearly impossible to sustain long drives against the Bison in the Fargodome.

SDSU has to control the line Iof scrimmage to try to limit the Bison ground game. If they can turn it into a pass first game, the chances are better for an upset. Stick's running is what won the first meeting this year. It was a hell of a game.

Pretty much this.

POD Knows
December 9th, 2018, 08:17 AM
You dakota people do realize that football WAS played in this subdivision whilst you toiled in obscurity in Division II RIGHT???? I LIKE y'all but an ANCIENT history lesson seems to be appropriate...FYP

JimmyJack
December 9th, 2018, 08:20 AM
I hate to interrupt the Joose and limb-twisting ball-breaking, but this is a football game between a great team (NDSU) and a very good team (SDSU). NDSU has a great defense and a QB who has lost a grand total of three games. SDSU has a great offense and a defense that is good enough some days and barely serviceable on other days. When you play NDSU, you sell out to stop the run and hope that Stick makes mistakes. SDSU can score enough to be in it but if Stick is playing well, NDSU wins by two scores. If Stick makes some mistakes and SDSU can run it enough to get Taryn some time to throw, SDSU has a chance to pull the upset. It should be a lot of fun to watch.

POD Knows
December 9th, 2018, 08:22 AM

This would apply to Maine in the other semi as well.Didn't YSU win a bunch of road games in 2016.

mango433
December 9th, 2018, 08:28 AM
Didn't YSU win a bunch of road games in 2016.

They beat Jacksonville State on the road in the second round and Eastern Washington on the road in the semis. In between was a home win over Wofford so not back-to-back road wins.

semobison
December 9th, 2018, 08:45 AM

Yup, in the last 4 games these two teams have played, the team with the most yards rushing won the game. The Jacks are going to stack the box...again. This years Bison offense has been balanced and at times leathal. Early possessions in this game will be telling. Jacks can't afford to fall behind early or it could get ugly!

POD Knows
December 9th, 2018, 08:49 AM
They beat Jacksonville State on the road in the second round and Eastern Washington on the road in the semis. In between was a home win over Wofford so not back-to-back road wins.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOh ****, that is right, I should have know better than to question PC on this stuff.

X-Factor
December 9th, 2018, 09:01 AM

This. Sorry bunnies, you have your best team ever and a season to be very proud of, but you’re running into a buzzsaw this weekend.

Four and three quarters things you can count on before/during/after this game:

1. bunny turd cappinhard-on trolling about Kleiman
2. bunny turd offense scripting the first 2 series worth of plays, followed by a wtf look to the sidelines when stuff quits working
3. screen plays to slow down the Bison pass rush not exactly working out like they did in September
4. bunny turd QB folding like a cheap suit in a Harrisonburg locker room after Menard and Tuszka meet in the backfield a couple times
5. go-go-gadget Steig designing a cute pop-warner goal line play

And there you have it, the stage has been set for another epic semifinal showdown

CappinHard
December 9th, 2018, 09:07 AM
How should have SDSU beat Ndsu at home this year? I’m not following the logic. Close game yes, but at no point did SDSU ever have control. Having a small lead is not control. Also, we ran out the clock to win.

SDSU never had control in that game? Like at the end of the 1st quarter when SDSU was driving to go up 2 scores, and TC throws a pick in the end zone... (Which he absolutely needs to avoid this Friday. He did this yesterday too, and it cannot happen if we want to have a good shot at winning). Or what about late in the 3rd quarter, when we took the lead 21-17? Credit to NDSU, they responded both times. They're very good at that, getting the momentum back right after they lost it. After that point in the game, our OC went into a conservative shell and caused us to lose the game by throwing swing passes and calling horizontal run plays. A small lead late in the game is control, even if it doesn't last long, but we held a lead into the 4th quarter

X-Factor
December 9th, 2018, 09:08 AM

This has got to be one of the most naïve posts I’ve read in quite some time

Yes, it is easy to win multiple natties in a row just because you have home games. Funny other 1/2 seeds haven’t thought of this before!

POD Knows
December 9th, 2018, 09:13 AM
SDSU never had control in that game? Like at the end of the 1st quarter when SDSU was driving to go up 2 scores, and TC throws a pick in the end zone... (Which he absolutely needs to avoid this Friday. He did this yesterday too, and it cannot happen if we want to have a good shot at winning). Or what about late in the 3rd quarter, when we took the lead 21-17? Credit to NDSU, they responded both times. They're very good at that, getting the momentum back right after they lost it. After that point in the game, our OC went into a conservative shell and caused us to lose the game by throwing swing passes and calling horizontal run plays. A small lead late in the game is control, even if it doesn't last long, but we held a lead into the 4th quarterWhat game are you talking about, the game in the dome this year was 21-17 Bison.

ming01
December 9th, 2018, 09:59 AM
I actually don't think this will be all that close. Im that confident that this NDSU team is that good.

ming01
December 9th, 2018, 10:00 AM

Sdsu Ewu would be a good game, so not sure about this being defacto champuonship

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Sdsu Ewu would be a good game, so not sure about this being defacto champuonship

I wouldn't count Maine out either, their defense is playing really well.

ming01
December 9th, 2018, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't count Maine out either, their defense is playing really well.

Yes their D could get them a win

Lorne_Malvo
December 9th, 2018, 10:17 AM
I give the bunnies a lot of ****, but they have done a great job elevating their program unlike some other MVFC teams.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2018, 10:21 AM
I give the bunnies a lot of ****, but they have done a great job elevating their program unlike some other MVFC teams.

all they need is a dome now

CappinHard
December 9th, 2018, 10:38 AM
What game are you talking about, the game in the dome this year was 21-17 Bison.

My bad, I meant when SDSU took the lead 17-14.

POD Knows
December 9th, 2018, 10:42 AM
My bad, I meant when SDSU took the lead 17-14.No problem. NDSU was not in control of that game, it could have went either way and that INT in the endzone by the Bison was huge because we were back on our heels.

Theee Catrabbit
December 9th, 2018, 10:47 AM
All in all I like the Bison fans over here....as usual I said I wasn't going to peek in bville. Per usual I peeked in b'ville. Jesus there is some delusional **** on there. #1? Pierre Strong is no where near as good as any of the Bison running backs....couldn't even make the team......lord

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2018, 11:01 AM
All in all I like the Bison fans over here....as usual I said I wasn't going to peek in bville. Per usual I peeked in b'ville. Jesus there is some delusional **** on there. #1? Pierre Strong is no where near as good as any of the Bison running backs....couldn't even make the team......lord

I know you are just repeating what's coming out of Bisonville, but let there be no dount, Pierre Strong is the real deal, I liked what I saw from him yesterday

JimmyJack
December 9th, 2018, 11:06 AM
I know you are just repeating what's coming out of Bisonville, but let there be no dount, Pierre Strong is the real deal, I liked what I saw from him yesterday

CJ Wilson, before he got hurt, beat out Strong for playing time. Those two are both special. If J'Bore Gibbs develops as a QB, SDSU is going to continue to be very good. Lots of guys back next year.

Bison56
December 9th, 2018, 11:10 AM
You like us, I guess I'll have to step up my game.xnodx

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2018, 11:15 AM

He would make the team, but he wouldn't be in the 2 deep depth chart. Anderson and Dunn would be ahead of him and I think he'd be equal to Brooks/Cofield right now. The thing is, each RB that the Bison have, would be a starter at almost every single school in the FCS, except Clark as he is a true freshman. I'd like to have him on the team, I just know there would not be enough carries to go around this season and potentially next.

-Senior: *Dunn and Anderson
-Junior: *Brooks
-Sophomore: *Cofield
-Freshmen: Clark (Redshirting)
-Medical Redshirt: *Purifoy (Junior)
-Redshirt: Williams (Senior) and Wilson (Sophomore)
*Indicates used Redshirt already

If we use this, next season will have Williams, Purifoy, Brooks, Cofield, Wilson, and Clark.

-Williams will likely become the "new" Chase Morlock and be more of scatback/flanker WR.
-Brooks and Cofield will likely be the "new" 2 headed monster for NDSU
-Wilson will be the new Brooks and be our "explosive" back to go for the HR type of play
-Purifoy can't stay healthy and will likely transfer
-Clark might be the best back out of this group and will have his chances to produce as he will have 4 years starting next season.

Strong would fit in next season as potentially the HR back, and that is no slight to him, that is just the reality. I'd love to have him on the roster, but he would not crack the starting spot in comparison to Brooks, Cofield, and potentially Clark. These are the facts. With Clark coming up through the ranks, 2 years from now, it would likely be Cofield, Clark and Strong as a 3 headed monster, but that does not include any recruits the Bison get. This is a good problem to have but he would not be seeing playing time this year. He would make the team but it wouldn't be until his RS Sophomore year until he really got his playing time on more than just STs.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2018, 11:24 AM
The thing is, each RB that the Bison have, would be a starter at almost every single school in the FCS,

expect a call from Bernie, he would not approve of such risky revelations that potentially expose the Ponzi......

cx500d
December 9th, 2018, 11:49 AM
all they need is a dome now

Why, they are the only team on the i29 corridor with a real stadium?

maine612
December 9th, 2018, 12:49 PM

On the flip side, this weekend will be Maine's 9th road game of the year. xchinscratchx . Crazy scheduling.

maine612
December 9th, 2018, 12:52 PM

With all due respect to the Bison, I do think Maine could give the Bison a tough game in Frisco. I don't think Maine can score enough points to win, but a turnover here and there could change things. Could Maine sneak out a 21-20 type win with our D? Maybe. But if we get by EWU, we will find out

cx500d
December 9th, 2018, 01:08 PM
With all due respect to the Bison, I do think Maine could give the Bison a tough game in Frisco. I don't think Maine can score enough points to win, but a turnover here and there could change things. Could Maine sneak out a 21-20 type win with our D? Maybe. But if we get by EWU, we will find out

We don't need to speculate on Maine vs Bison (I would love that matchup BTW) because we both have a struggle in front of us to make that happen

Bisonator
December 9th, 2018, 01:10 PM
Butt, butt, butt you said Colgate and SDSU were basically on the same level. Shouldn't we be 35 point favorites? :D

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2018, 01:14 PM
Butt, butt, butt you said Colgate and SDSU were basically on the same level. Shouldn't we be 35 point favorites? :D
I may have been trolling just a bit last week. ;)

In any case I was wrong.

Looks like the spread just opened at NDSU -7.5. I'm kind of surprised it's that low, both Sagarin and Massey models give NDSU a double digit edge.

EDIT: Actually it looks like it opened at NDSU -10 (link (https://herosports.com/fcs/football-betting-spreads-semifinals-bzbz)) and has already moved to -7.5. More money coming in on SDSU I guess.

cx500d
December 9th, 2018, 01:15 PM

In any case I was wrong.

Looks like the spread just opened at NDSU -7.5. I'm kind of surprised it's that low, both Sagarin and Massey models give NDSU a double digit edge.

I'm surprised its that high....

Lorne_Malvo
December 9th, 2018, 01:19 PM

In any case I was wrong.

Just put 5k on NDSU at -7.5.

Bisonator
December 9th, 2018, 01:20 PM

With all due respect to Maine I'd see that game playing out similar to yesterday's Colgate game. Maine's offense would struggle to score. Your defense would keep it respectable for a half maybe.

CappinHard
December 9th, 2018, 01:29 PM

In any case I was wrong.

EDIT: Actually it looks like it opened at NDSU -10 (link (https://herosports.com/fcs/football-betting-spreads-semifinals-bzbz)) and has already moved to NDSU -7.5. More money coming in on SDSU I guess.

Interesting. I'm surprised by early money on SDSU, although it doesn't take much to move it that far on 5dimes. I kind of figured it would end up around 7 though.

Redfield10
December 9th, 2018, 01:36 PM
All of our FBS wins were on the road. Just saying.

No tough opponents??? Ever hear of Georgia Southern? Wofford about 6 years ago. Plus a few more. Geeez

Um or KState who won the Big 12 the year before or their game last year agains #13 Iowa that they won. Geez. Actually, they have won their last 7 games (all on the road) agains FBS opponents. I'm not sure an 8th ranked FBS school could have done that. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2018, 01:43 PM

Sure you did....xrolleyesx

maine612
December 9th, 2018, 01:47 PM
With all due respect to Maine I'd see that game playing out similar to yesterday's Colgate game. Maine's offense would struggle to score. Your defense would keep it respectable for a half maybe.

I thought the same thing yesterday. However I think Maine is a quite a bit better on D and a bit quicker on offense. And Colgate got zero breaks/turnovers/etc. For Maine to have any chance they'd need something good to happen in that area. You could be right though...it could be the same result.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2018, 01:49 PM
I thought the same thing yesterday. However I think Maine is a quite a bit better on D and a bit quicker on offense. And Colgate got zero breaks/turnovers/etc. For Maine to have any chance they'd need something good to happen in that area. You could be right though...it could be the same result.

Ya, they did. Refs kept it close the first half with 2 and possibly 3 bad calls.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2018, 01:54 PM

You serious Clark?

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2018, 01:56 PM
You serious Clark?

Childs play. I wagered a vasectomy on SDSU covering and winning outright.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2018, 01:58 PM

At least someone has grown a pair. xcoffeex

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2018, 02:30 PM

You're already looking ahead a bit but I understand....., E Washington is going to present problems that Weber State had no chance to present...... #20 is a beast, the QB is better than Weber the Weber QB and how tough is it to travel out west for 2 playoff road games and expect to win both?

Having said all that, the Maine Defense will present some problems of their own...... My concern would be Maine not able to score enough points to win it.....

Safe travels to you now and best of luck to you and Maine!

Lorne_Malvo
December 9th, 2018, 02:31 PM
You serious Clark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRuaq_KilzQ

cx500d
December 9th, 2018, 02:33 PM

Lets go SDSU!!!!!

Mfergy4
December 9th, 2018, 02:55 PM
We have the toughest game in the playoffs this against the Jackrabbits....I want people to. Bring their A-game vocal cords to Cheers the Bison.

To the two ***hole who sat next to us taking pics of themselves during the entire game...glad you love yourselves BUT when everyone else is up and cheering that might be a clue to open your mouth to say go team NOT bitch about people ruining your selfie....darned bandwagoners giving their seats away to losers.

CappinHard
December 9th, 2018, 03:49 PM

https://i.giphy.com/media/eLXShXXa8AMso/200w.gif

Theee Catrabbit
December 9th, 2018, 03:54 PM
He would make the team, but he wouldn't be in the 2 deep depth chart. Anderson and Dunn would be ahead of him and I think he'd be equal to Brooks/Cofield right now. The thing is, each RB that the Bison have, would be a starter at almost every single school in the FCS, except Clark as he is a true freshman. I'd like to have him on the team, I just know there would not be enough carries to go around this season and potentially next.

-Senior: *Dunn and Anderson
-Junior: *Brooks
-Sophomore: *Cofield
-Freshmen: Clark (Redshirting)
-Medical Redshirt: *Purifoy (Junior)
-Redshirt: Williams (Senior) and Wilson (Sophomore)
*Indicates used Redshirt already

If we use this, next season will have Williams, Purifoy, Brooks, Cofield, Wilson, and Clark.

-Williams will likely become the "new" Chase Morlock and be more of scatback/flanker WR.
-Brooks and Cofield will likely be the "new" 2 headed monster for NDSU
-Wilson will be the new Brooks and be our "explosive" back to go for the HR type of play
-Purifoy can't stay healthy and will likely transfer
-Clark might be the best back out of this group and will have his chances to produce as he will have 4 years starting next season.

Strong would fit in next season as potentially the HR back, and that is no slight to him, that is just the reality. I'd love to have him on the roster, but he would not crack the starting spot in comparison to Brooks, Cofield, and potentially Clark. These are the facts. With Clark coming up through the ranks, 2 years from now, it would likely be Cofield, Clark and Strong as a 3 headed monster, but that does not include any recruits the Bison get. This is a good problem to have but he would not be seeing playing time this year. He would make the team but it wouldn't be until his RS Sophomore year until he really got his playing time on more than just STs.

That's an awful lot of analysis for me to say "nope". I'm a firm believer even if Wallace and Wilson would have stayed healthy Pierre would have been the starter eventully. This should be fun for you guys on Saturday.

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2018, 04:03 PM
That's an awful lot of analysis for me to say "nope". I'm a firm believer even if Wallace and Wilson would have stayed healthy Pierre would have been the starter eventully. This should be fun for you guys on Saturday.
How many Zenners do you think he'll run for?

And if you're thinking all us Bison fans will be having fun on Saturday you should see how much fun we'll have Friday night...

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2018, 04:08 PM

I gave that analysis so you could understand why some bisonville members would say no. However, as the resident emotional-fair-weather fan, I wanted you to see that I do believe he could work his way into the roster and playing time, but he would not be the "starter" based off of who the Bison have and how the offense works.

Thumper 76
December 9th, 2018, 04:13 PM
Interesting.

Yeah you’ve been against some real offensive juggernauts recently too.

I gave that analysis so you could understand why some bisonville members would say no. However, as the resident emotional-fair-weather fan, I wanted you to see that I do believe he could work his way into the roster and playing time, but he would not be the "starter" based off of who the Bison have and how the offense works.

Well I’m guessing you wouldn’t pick more than maybe three SDSU players that would start on O or D for y’all outside of WR, so there’s that.

cx500d
December 9th, 2018, 04:19 PM

Well I’m guessing you wouldn’t pick more than maybe three SDSU players that would start on O or D for y’all outside of WR, so there’s that.

We are a little weak at the strong-side ankle/wrist twister position.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2018, 04:35 PM

-Rozeboom would make that LB core unstoppable but he is still a dirty player. :D
-Pupungatoa could anchor that that left guard and be a solid player next to Johnson or a swing guard if need be
-Brown would give that defensive backfield a 2nd lockdown corner and I'd let him go opposite Allison while moving Bridges to the depth as well as Hayes and keeping Wimbush as the Nickel CB.

I'm actually quite impartial. I know where the Bison could use some extra help unlike bunny fans, who would never start Stick over TC, which we all know is a joke. Not saying they aren't close, but one has NFL potential, the other is TC.

mmiller_34
December 9th, 2018, 04:39 PM

That’s okay. I wouldn’t take any Bison players besides maybe a couple of their OL.

Thumper 76
December 9th, 2018, 04:41 PM
-Rozeboom would make that LB core unstoppable but he is still a dirty player. :D
-Pupungatoa could anchor that that left guard and be a solid player next to Johnson or a swing guard if need be
-Brown would give that defensive backfield a 2nd lockdown corner and I'd let him go opposite Allison while moving Bridges to the depth as well as Hayes and keeping Wimbush as the Nickel CB.

I'm actually quite impartial. I know where the Bison could use some extra help unlike bunny fans, who would never start Stick over TC, which we all know is a joke. Not saying they aren't close, but one has NFL potential, the other is TC.

So, like I said, only three. xcoffeex

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2018, 04:48 PM
So, like I said, only three. xcoffeex

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOf course the WR core and if we knew what a TE was, but tell me outside of those 3 players and that core position, where your crew is better and should be replaced with on NDSU? Go on, I'll wait cause it doesn't exist. At least I can admit where your players are potentially equal to and/or better than NDSUs. #TruthHurts #HatersGonnaHate

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2018, 04:59 PM

Maybe SDSU will be able to clean the dust off inside of their football trophy case for their '18 playoff participation ribbons....xlolx

Thumper 76
December 9th, 2018, 05:19 PM
Maybe SDSU will be able to clean the dust off inside of their football trophy case for their '18 playoff participation ribbons....xlolx

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181209/5b9f16676f17043971266c463d629495.jpg

Thumper 76
December 9th, 2018, 05:40 PM
Of course the WR core and if we knew what a TE was, but tell me outside of those 3 players and that core position, where your crew is better and should be replaced with on NDSU? Go on, I'll wait cause it doesn't exist. At least I can admit where your players are potentially equal to and/or better than NDSUs. #TruthHurts #HatersGonnaHate

First, have you ever thought that maybe if you have to call yourself unbiased in almost every conversation and thread, you aren’t?

I would say Genant would start for ndsu, Krock would probably be pushing for first team reps.

I remember being told OVER and OVER that Crockett was better than ZZ, I’ve been told Goedert wouldn’t have started at ndsu, and Urzendowski would have put up the same numbers as Wieneke did by ndsu fans. I know I’m biased, but on message boards ndsu has the most out there fans on the internet. Just because you aren’t biased by comparison doesn’t mean you aren’t biased.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2018, 05:43 PM

You know that all the Valley schools have All-Academic student athletes every semester.......

There should be plenty of room in that case. 2 conference titles since 1963. How many National titles again?.....xeyebrowx

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2018, 05:46 PM

I'm looking for those NCAA trophies, can you point to those?

Thumper 76
December 9th, 2018, 05:51 PM
You know that all the Valley schools have All-Academic student athletes every semester.......

There should be plenty of room in that case. 2 conference titles since 1963. How many National titles again?.....xeyebrowx

That’s for the team champ

cx500d
December 9th, 2018, 06:02 PM
That’s for the team champ

I respect that.

Laker
December 9th, 2018, 06:41 PM
What happened to the advantage of "southern speed"?

@RedditCFB (https://twitter.com/RedditCFB) : All four FCS national semi-finalists (EWU, NDSU, SDSU, Maine) are located north of Toronto (and Portland, Maine).

CappinHard
December 9th, 2018, 06:45 PM

@RedditCFB (https://twitter.com/RedditCFB) : All four FCS national semi-finalists (EWU, NDSU, SDSU, Maine) are located north of Toronto (and Portland, Maine).

Easy... You're going to anger the historians.

HootyHoo
December 9th, 2018, 06:57 PM
Easy... You're going to anger the historians.

Easy, any southern FCS football program worth anything went FBS during the last major conference realignment, App St, Ga So, etc. This left a power vacuum which teams like NDST and EWU filled. KSU is starting to recruit like a legit FCS power, and will be the next southern dynasty.

CappinHard
December 9th, 2018, 07:12 PM
Easy, any southern FCS football program worth anything went FBS during the last major conference realignment, App St, Ga So, etc.

Lol, that's going to anger them even more. That's much more disrespectful than the first post that I was joking about.

KSU is starting to recruit like a legit FCS power, and will be the next southern dynasty.

https://i.giphy.com/media/l4Ki2obCyAQS5WhFe/giphy.gif

POD Knows
December 9th, 2018, 07:13 PM
Easy, any southern FCS football program worth anything went FBS during the last major conference realignment, App St, Ga So, etc. This left a power vacuum which teams like NDST and EWU filled. KSU is starting to recruit like a legit FCS power, and will be the next southern dynasty.NDSU beat GSU twice in a row before they baled for the awesome conference they are now in, that conference was already in decline long before the exodus of App State and GSU.

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2018, 07:14 PM
NDSU beat GSU twice in a row before they baled for the awesome conference they are now in, that conference was already in decline long before the exodus of App State and GSU.

3 times.

POD Knows
December 9th, 2018, 07:15 PM
3 times.Sorry, I am still trying to put my brain back in my head after the Eagles game.

mmiller_34
December 9th, 2018, 07:16 PM
SDSU also laid quick the smack down on GSU in ‘09.

POD Knows
December 9th, 2018, 07:20 PM
SDSU also laid quick the smack down on GSU in ‘09.I love how these freaking conferences have to jump into the DeLorean time machine in order to find relevance.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2018, 07:38 PM
Why, they are the only team on the i29 corridor with a real stadium?

Why? well based on the low attendance numbers apparently they don't like the cold weather much

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2018, 07:42 PM

it all went FBS.... Maybe the Bison will take a hint from the students that are tired of the blood shed and just don't go anymore.......

mmiller_34
December 9th, 2018, 07:42 PM
Why? well based on the low attendance numbers apparently they don't like the cold weather much

We don’t talk about that

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2018, 07:46 PM
We don’t talk about that

oh, sorry about that...

SoDakSA
December 9th, 2018, 07:50 PM
KSU is starting to recruit like a legit FCS power, and will be the next southern dynasty.

Maybe a southern dynasty, but if they keep that antiquated offense they won't be competing for any national dominance.

mmiller_34
December 9th, 2018, 07:53 PM
oh, sorry about that...

Thanks

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2018, 08:02 PM
Big Sky officiating crew in this one according to the refstripes (http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?topic=14211.0) forum. So far in the playoffs Big Sky crews have done the San Diego/Nicholls first round game and the Wofford/Kennesaw St second round game. Those were separate crews working those games but one of them will get their 2nd playoff assignment in this game.

I've said it many times but I don't why they can't have a conference crew do a playoff game when it's a matchup of conference teams. It would be better for the quality of the product on the field with the familiarity between crews, players, and coaches. It just makes too much sense for the NCAA to ever run with it though.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2018, 08:04 PM
Thanks

What about Kennesaw? can we talk about lack of people at that game? S Dak State fans must of outnumbered them

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2018, 08:07 PM
Big Sky officiating crew in this one according to the refstripes (http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?topic=14211.0) forum. So far in the playoffs Big Sky crews have done the San Diego/Nicholls first round game and the Wofford/Kennesaw St second round game. Those were separate crews working those games but one of them will get their 2nd playoff assignment in this game.

I've said it many times but I don't why they can't have a conference crew do a playoff game when it's a matchup of conference teams. It would be better for the quality of the product on the field with the familiarity between crews, players, and coaches. It just makes too much sense for the NCAA to ever run with it though.

Cannot be any worse than the Southland crew on Saturday.

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Cannot be any worse than the Southland crew on Saturday.
I sure hope not. For some reason the NCAA decided to award the Southland with the other semifinal officiating assignment. I guess they want more phantom kick catch interference and block in the back calls and missed holding calls.

Hammerhead
December 9th, 2018, 08:21 PM
The only "southern" team in the quarterfinals this year is South Dakota State. :)

Easy, any southern FCS football program worth anything went FBS during the last major conference realignment, App St, Ga So, etc. This left a power vacuum which teams like NDST and EWU filled. KSU is starting to recruit like a legit FCS power, and will be the next southern dynasty.

mmiller_34
December 9th, 2018, 09:03 PM
The only "southern" team in the quarterfinals this year is South Dakota State. :)

I wonder what the “czar of the playbook” would think of the lack of southern representation in this years finals

Preferred Walk-On
December 9th, 2018, 09:10 PM
First, have you ever thought that maybe if you have to call yourself unbiased in almost every conversation and thread, you aren’t?

I would say Genant would start for ndsu, Krock would probably be pushing for first team reps.

I remember being told OVER and OVER that Crockett was better than ZZ, I’ve been told Goedert wouldn’t have started at ndsu, and Urzendowski would have put up the same numbers as Wieneke did by ndsu fans. I know I’m biased, but on message boards ndsu has the most out there fans on the internet. Just because you aren’t biased by comparison doesn’t mean you aren’t biased.

Zach Zenner was great (although I watched NDSU hold him to 4 yards...in person), Dallas Goedert was a great receiver (not so sure about blocking), and Jake Weineke was outstanding (although one could argue that Urezendowski had as good/better hands and was in a run-happy offense). No worries.

The problem has not been players 1-3, it has been players 4-22. The Bison had better teams and better defense. Outside of Indiana State and Northern Iowa, I have been very impressed with South Dakota State as a TEAM this year (had them #2 in my penultimate poll). The Jackrabbits are the team that matches up best with the Bison, have more experience than anyone in the FargoDome, and it tends to be difficult to beat a team twice in a season (I know the Bison have done this multiple times, but it was pointed out earlier that there have been some nailbiters).

I respect the Jackrabbits, but I do not fear the Jackrabbits. It was likely the Bison would play them at some point, regardless of where they were seeded. Just too bad it could not be Frisco. Should be a good one this Friday. Go Bison!

Bison56
December 9th, 2018, 09:42 PM
I wonder what the “czar of the playbook” would think of the lack of southern representation in this years finals

Wouldn't give him the satisfaction of a click.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2018, 09:53 PM
I wonder what the “czar of the playbook” would think of the lack of southern representation in this years finals#AwfulWhiteQBs

Thumper 76
December 9th, 2018, 10:54 PM

Wait, he’s still around?

cx500d
December 9th, 2018, 10:57 PM

A power vacuum?....Pretty sure teams like EWU and NDSU pushed them out

Thumper 76
December 10th, 2018, 09:57 AM
A power vacuum?....Pretty sure teams like EWU and NDSU pushed them out

He’s new let it go. Things move slower in the South ya know.

Thumper 76
December 10th, 2018, 10:01 AM
Zach Zenner was great (although I watched NDSU hold him to 4 yards...in person), Dallas Goedert was a great receiver (not so sure about blocking), and Jake Weineke was outstanding (although one could argue that Urezendowski had as good/better hands and was in a run-happy offense). No worries.

The problem has not been players 1-3, it has been players 4-22. The Bison had better teams and better defense. Outside of Indiana State and Northern Iowa, I have been very impressed with South Dakota State as a TEAM this year (had them #2 in my penultimate poll). The Jackrabbits are the team that matches up best with the Bison, have more experience than anyone in the FargoDome, and it tends to be difficult to beat a team twice in a season (I know the Bison have done this multiple times, but it was pointed out earlier that there have been some nailbiters).

I respect the Jackrabbits, but I do not fear the Jackrabbits. It was likely the Bison would play them at some point, regardless of where they were seeded. Just too bad it could not be Frisco. Should be a good one this Friday. Go Bison!

We didn’t have the depth was our biggest issue IMO. Our recruiting wasn’t on par, and it shouldn’t have been. Imagine trying to recruit a player with CAS, a locker room that looked like a warming shack for an outdoor hockey rink, and trailers for your meeting rooms. There’s been massive strides in the caliber of athletes we’ve been getting now. That’s been a big difference the last three years.

Crazy stat, but if SDSU pulls the upset TC will have a winning record against ndsu. Considering the amount of games he’s played against them, I don’t think there would be a more impressive stat for any team in the country (cough, JMU, cough)

gsf23nd
December 10th, 2018, 12:09 PM

And they were never heard from again..

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2018, 12:38 PM
Since these two teams are so unfamiliar with each other here's a look at the team stats and corresponding ranks for each. For those of you getting stats overload I promise this is the last time I'll add more stat categories to these views (bigger games need more stats :D).

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1936/32390695958_30247021ae_b.jpg

CappinHard
December 10th, 2018, 01:30 PM
NDSU's opponent red zone score % and TD% are unreal and are going to be a huge key in this game. If we come away with even one empty red zone possession, it's going to be nearly impossible for us to win. If we come away with more than one red zone possession with a FG instead of a TD, it's going to be very difficult for us to win. Strong breaking off a long run or TC hitting Johnson on a long pass will be huge so we don't have to try to convert in the red zone. The nice thing is, we have plenty of long TDs this year (most of the time from one of those two options). Not sure if there's a way to come up with that statistic.

TwinCitiesBison
December 10th, 2018, 02:13 PM

I would go one step further and say that it's players 23-38 that make the biggest difference. The fact that Klieman can run 4 running backs through the backfield, multiple tight ends, and a defensive line rotation throughout the game without a dip in production from one guy to the next gives the Bison the biggest advantage over the Jackrabbits. The depth that this team has shown not only this year but over the entire dynasty is as big a difference as anything, especially late in the season in the playoffs.

CappinHard
December 10th, 2018, 02:22 PM
I would go one step further and say that it's players 23-38 that make the biggest difference. The fact that Klieman can run 4 running backs through the backfield, multiple tight ends, and a defensive line rotation throughout the game without a dip in production from one guy to the next gives the Bison the biggest advantage over the Jackrabbits. The depth that this team has shown not only this year but over the entire dynasty is as big a difference as anything, especially late in the season in the playoffs.

Agreed. NDSU's recruiting and depth has been amazing. As thumper stated, the recruiting advantages that success and especially facilities have brought, are the biggest factors as to why SDSU has been able to take the next step. Hopefully we take another step Friday night.

jacksfan29
December 10th, 2018, 03:42 PM

There is a reason the Bison wear so many teams down and dominate the 4th quarter. The depth they have had during their championship years is insane for an FCS program. It is also the reason so many teams, especially SDSU and UNI struggle for the two weeks following the NDSU game. The physical beat down they put on their rivals is pretty impressive.

SoDakSA
December 10th, 2018, 03:54 PM

That depth also is huge when it comes to practice. I know that I have seen a definite improvement at SDSU when we are able to put guys onto a scout team that will actually challenge the 1st and 2nd teams.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2018, 04:49 PM
Just give up SDSU :D

https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/1072256304817860608

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2018, 04:51 PM

Just wondering, but this seems like NDSUs version of the #BookIt ?

cx500d
December 10th, 2018, 04:51 PM
He’s new let it go. Things move slower in the South ya know.

#SouthernSlowtm

Thumper 76
December 10th, 2018, 04:52 PM

Damn, we do have em worried to be pulling out the harvest uni xcoffeex

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 04:56 PM
Damn, we do have em worried to be pulling out the harvest uni xcoffeex

Is SDSU going to wear the surrender whites.

Thumper 76
December 10th, 2018, 05:00 PM
Is SDSU going to wear the surrender whites.

I believe we’re 1-1 in our last two games in them at the mall, so probably.

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 05:05 PM
I believe we’re 1-1 in our last two games in them at the mall, so probably.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMalls have windows and outside light, the Fargo Dome is a fortress without all those frills

Bison56
December 10th, 2018, 05:18 PM

You had a good year bunnies, but it looks like it is definitely over Friday night.

Thumper 76
December 10th, 2018, 05:29 PM
We HAVE ended a coaches tenure at a school before...

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2018, 05:31 PM
We HAVE ended a coaches tenure at a school before...

Yeah and we have ended your playoff tenure before....

Thumper 76
Yeah and we have ended your playoff tenure before....

What a pickle

TheKingpin28
What a pickle

I have been called dill before.

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2018, 06:22 PM
28-24 Jacks......TC with a game winning drive. WR with push off in endzone on game winning TD.

SoDakSA
December 10th, 2018, 06:25 PM

What is your least favorite uniform combo for the Bison?

For me, as an SDSU fan, whenever the Jacks come out as a banana (All Yellow) or Smurf (all blue) i switch to the radio broadcast.

AmsterBison
December 10th, 2018, 07:39 PM

Brookings is about 40 miles farther south than Orono so SDSU *is* the southern representation.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2018, 08:07 PM
What is your least favorite uniform combo for the Bison?

For me, as an SDSU fan, whenever the Jacks come out as a banana (All Yellow) or Smurf (all blue) i switch to the radio broadcast.
Wasn't a big fan of the yellow helmet/white jersey/yellow pants combo they wore down in Vermillion this year. My favorite is the green helmet/white jersey/green pants combo. Although anything with the green helmets is badass IMO.

Hammerhead
December 10th, 2018, 08:15 PM
Bison will win one for the gipper.

Thumper 76
December 10th, 2018, 09:54 PM
Just want to make sure this is on record. SDSU doesn’t stand a chance now with Kliemans imminent departure at the end of the season with the team rallying around him, correct?

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2018, 09:55 PM
Just want to make sure this is on record. SDSU doesn’t stand a chance now with Kliemans imminent departure at the end of the season with the team rallying around him, correct?

SDSU cruises to victory as the torch is passed.

Thumper 76
December 10th, 2018, 10:00 PM
SDSU cruises to victory as the torch is passed.

That’s your dads line. Besides, the odds were stacked against SDSU before this news. They really were though. The crowd in the mall is going to be amped up like it’s Black Friday.

dewey
December 10th, 2018, 10:44 PM

I wouldn't say SDSU doesn't have a chance. Though I think the Bison will win and Klieman leaving will not be a distraction.

Dewey

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2018, 11:01 PM
That’s your dads line. Besides, the odds were stacked against SDSU before this news. They really were though. The crowd in the mall is going to be amped up like it’s Black Friday.

You wish Brookings had a mall. And it's a sweet mall! :D

Hammerhead
December 10th, 2018, 11:01 PM
Yes. Final home game for 24 seniors plus the Bison will be wearing harvest helmets and gold/yellow jerseys which are unbeaten. It's gonna be a long drive down I-29 for Bunny fans on Friday night.

cx500d
December 10th, 2018, 11:03 PM
Yes. Final home game for 24 seniors plus the Bison will be wearing harvest helmets and gold/yellow jerseys which are unbeaten. It's gonna be a long drive down I-29 for the Bunny fan on Friday night.

FYP

ming01
December 10th, 2018, 11:04 PM
I don't really see the motivation aspect. There shouldn't need to be any more with playing the Jacks to go to Frisco. In the end I dont think this matters as the result wont change. Bison win similar to 2016.

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2018, 11:39 PM
I don't really see the motivation aspect. There shouldn't need to be any more with playing the Jacks to go to Frisco. In the end I dont think this matters as the result wont change. Bison win similar to 2016.
Jacks will keep it close if the playcalling is worth a damn.
SDSU would’ve won earlier in the year if our receivers could catch wide open passes, specifically Cade Johnson dropping the easiest touchdown you’ll get against NDSU.