PDA

View Full Version : Who should NDSU hire as their next HC?

BisonTru
December 7th, 2018, 04:50 PM
Who do you think is the best fit to be NDSU's next HC?

The top 3 picks, IMO....

Matt Entz, current Defensive Coordinator
Tim Polasek, old offensive coordinator, current Iowa assistant OC
Courtney Messingham, current Offensive Coordinator

Please add any names to this thread you think would be a good fit.

F'N Hawks
December 7th, 2018, 04:59 PM
What happened to the current head coach?

cx500d
December 7th, 2018, 05:00 PM
What happened to the current head coach?
He’s taking over the und hockey program

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 05:02 PM
Entz

/Thread

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2018, 05:02 PM
I'd say Entz with Polasek a close 2nd and Messingham a distant 3rd. I think Entz would be able to keep the most staff in place and he's been with the program long enough to get how it has worked. Polasek would be similar but I get the feeling he wouldn't be as good at keeping the current staff intact as well as Entz would but he's connected enough with former staff that he could put together a pretty good staff of his own I think.

I'm lukewarm on Messingham just because he's only been with the program for 2 years and I'm not sure he's got enough familiarity with the rest of the guys on the staff to keep them in place. My ideal scenario would be Entz or Polasek as HC and they retain Hedgerg (QB coach), Roehl (TE/FB coach), Riley (OL coach), and Goeser (DT coach) with 2 of those guys likely as OC and DC. I'd also like to see former Bison LB and current Indiana St LB coach Grant Olson back in some kind of capacity as a defensive assistant.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 05:04 PM
Entz HC.

Grant Olson comes home as LB coach.

Daytripper
December 7th, 2018, 05:13 PM
The Maine coach.

RootinFerDukes
December 7th, 2018, 05:36 PM
KC Keeler

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2018, 05:57 PM
KC Keeler

not a chance as he will be leading the Dukes according to sources

BisonTru
December 7th, 2018, 06:03 PM
Entz HC.

Grant Olson comes home as LB coach.

Who’s DC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ming01
December 7th, 2018, 06:04 PM
Entz. Polasek to K State?

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 06:05 PM
I'm with PC Entz and Polasek a close second.

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 06:07 PM
KC Keeler

JMU would be a better fit for KC Keeler, rumor is he is in the top 3 choices for the Dukes.

kdinva
December 7th, 2018, 06:07 PM
Bobby Petrino?

RootinFerDukes
December 7th, 2018, 06:18 PM
not a chance as he will be leading the Dukes according to sources

Not sure what we’re waiting on then. He’s been available well before last Saturday.

cx500d
December 7th, 2018, 06:18 PM
The Maine coach.
I actually liked that guy

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2018, 06:21 PM
]JMU would be a better fit for KC Keeler, rumor is he is in the top 3 choices for the Dukes.[/SIZE]

....HE'D BE CLOSER TA.....HIS PENNSYLVANIA FAMILY.......WHIFF CHANCES TA BREAK.....YOU-DEE EGGS..........AN' PLAY INNA REAL STADIUM.........AN' HAMMER AWAY @.....DOOKIE ADMINS.....TA GO FBS.........AWK!

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2018, 06:24 PM
I would do a national search and interview Entz......NDSU is as close to a G5 getting their pick of the litter at this level....dont settle if the coordinators aren't ready.

cx500d
December 7th, 2018, 06:26 PM
....HE'D BE CLOSER TA.....HIS PENNSYLVANIA FAMILY.......WHIFF CHANCES TA BREAK.....YOU-DEE EGGS..........AN' PLAY INNA REAL STADIUM.........AN' HAMMER AWAY @.....DOOKIE ADMINS.....TA GO FBS.........AWK!
https://www.richmond.com/sports/college/schools/james-madison/as-jmu-looks-for-its-fourth-coach-in-the-last/article_60c55c82-7974-5832-93fe-634229e63447.html

The job could be an appealing move for an established head coach like Elon’s Curt Cignetti or Kennesaw State’s Brian Bohannon.

Another riser in the profession, like Maine coach Joe Harasymiak or Texas assistant Drew Mehringer, could take over the Dukes as the next step in their career path.

A source said JMU — which has a search committee and has hired an outside search firm — is considering all four of those candidates, as well as Stinespring, a 55-year-old Clifton Forge native who spent the first 26 years of his college coaching career working for Frank Beamer at Virginia Tech, including a 10-year run as the Hokies’ offensive coordinator.

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2018, 06:30 PM
https://www.richmond.com/sports/college/schools/james-madison/as-jmu-looks-for-its-fourth-coach-in-the-last/article_60c55c82-7974-5832-93fe-634229e63447.html

The job could be an appealing move for an established head coach like Elon’s Curt Cignetti or Kennesaw State’s Brian Bohannon.

Another riser in the profession, like Maine coach Joe Harasymiak or Texas assistant Drew Mehringer, could take over the Dukes as the next step in their career path.

A source said JMU — which has a search committee and has hired an outside search firm — is considering all four of those candidates, as well as Stinespring, a 55-year-old Clifton Forge native who spent the first 26 years of his college coaching career working for Frank Beamer at Virginia Tech, including a 10-year run as the Hokies’ offensive coordinator.

....UH KC.........GO GET DUH HORSE'S OUTTAH....SPCA STORAGE..........BRAWK!

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2018, 06:31 PM
Any FCS hire outside of NDSU would be a step in the wrong direction. They will promote from within as usual.
If Klieman is even gone this year.

FUBeAR
December 7th, 2018, 07:02 PM
Bobby Petrino

Dangit kdinva beat me to it

clawman
December 7th, 2018, 08:05 PM
Jody Sears former Sac State HC xlolx

Thunderstruck
December 7th, 2018, 08:24 PM
Gus Bradley? Brent Vigen? Scottie Hazelton? Grant Olson? For the love of god no Polasek! I'm just getting over repeated jet sweeps.

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2018, 08:29 PM
Gus Bradley? Brent Vigen? Scottie Hazelton? Grant Olson? For the love of god no Polasek! I'm just getting over repeated jet sweeps.

I would love to see Grant come back in some capacity.

WestCoastAggie
December 7th, 2018, 08:54 PM
Illinois State's Head Coach...

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2018, 08:55 PM
Illinois State's Head Coach...

Trolling?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2018, 08:56 PM

I'm not too high on Polasek either.

Until Coach K is gone, I'll wait to vote...

uni88
December 7th, 2018, 09:04 PM
KC Keeler and Mark Farley have been great friends since 2007. They'll take over NDSU as Co-Head Coaches with Farley coaching the offense and Keeler coaching the defense.

Prime Power
December 7th, 2018, 09:13 PM
Urban Meyer is available, also the way Bo Pelini was kissing NDSU'S ass he will probably be lobbying for the position.

dewey
December 7th, 2018, 09:16 PM
I'm not too high on Polasek either.

Until Coach K is gone, I'll wait to vote...

Agreed. Polasek is not a head coach. I like Entz IF Klieman leaves.

Dewey

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 09:28 PM
Lou Holtz

Herder
December 7th, 2018, 10:04 PM
Curt Mallory HC
Grant Olson DC

ming01
December 7th, 2018, 10:15 PM

Bradley would be a step down for him.
Vigen. God I hope not
Hazelton mid tier candidate.
Olson wayyyyy too young. LB coach or some kind of assistant
Polasek would be a good candidate. Coordinator positions are not the same as HC

JSUSoutherner
December 8th, 2018, 06:19 AM
Paul Johnson.

Cocky
December 8th, 2018, 07:03 AM
John Grass

MR. CHICKEN
December 8th, 2018, 07:12 AM
BILL SNYDER......xsighx....BRAWK!

TennBison
December 8th, 2018, 07:43 AM
​I want to throw my hat into the ring. I got football coaching skills. Throw that brown thingy towards the end zone. Knock down that person with the brown thingy in his hands. Kick the brown thingy through those metal poles at the end of the field. And my biggest qualification.........I scored 38 points once in Madden Football against the computer and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Bam take that you coaching competition scum

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 11:13 AM
Andy Fales?

uni88
December 8th, 2018, 11:28 AM
John GrassKeeler/Farley as co-head coaches with Grass in charge of strength and conditioning.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bison56
December 8th, 2018, 04:20 PM
John Grass

You can keep him.

SoDakSA
December 8th, 2018, 04:22 PM
I think the timing of Urban Meyer's retirement is a little suspect. Did he hear the NDSU job would be opening up?

gsf23nd
December 8th, 2018, 04:43 PM
As long as they keep Kramer they should be good..

SeattleBobcat
December 8th, 2018, 04:55 PM
I hear Rob Ash is available, and he's ready to do a home and home with Montana State and then buy us out.xeyebrowx...xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2018, 06:00 PM
I think the timing of Urban Meyer's retirement is a little suspect. Did he hear the NDSU job would be opening up?

He's not good enough....xnodx