PDA

View Full Version : Chris Klieman is Gone...too

Pages : [1] 2 3

Derby City Duke
December 7th, 2018, 11:19 AM
K-State is apparently giving Coach Klieman a long look to fill Coach Snyder's shoes in Manhattan. Discuss.

http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-kansas-state-zeroing-chris-klieman/

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 11:22 AM
Congrats to Coach K if he gets it.

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Well I guess Taylor said no to Litterell since he wanted his entire staff there, so maybe Klieman doesn't get to take everyone with him?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bisonator
December 7th, 2018, 11:26 AM
We'll see if it indeed happens. Congrats to him if it does, he is a great coach and person!

I'd personally be leery of the KSU job with Snyder looking over your shoulder.

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Well I guess Taylor said no to Litterell since he wanted his entire staff there, so maybe Klieman doesn't get to take everyone with him?

I don't know if that's true, but if it is, that's a real stupid move by K-State.

CappinHard
December 7th, 2018, 11:28 AM
I just hope that Klieman leaving and gutting the program by taking most of the assistant coaches doesn't send NDSU into a downward spiral. That would fall right into the category of "Things you just hate to see".

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 11:28 AM
We'll see if it indeed happens. Congrats to him if it does, he is a great coach and person!

This, and coaching a team with the dumbest fans in all of FBS, good luck.

Bisonator
December 7th, 2018, 11:31 AM
I just hope that Klieman leaving and gutting the program by taking most of the assistant coaches doesn't send NDSU into a downward spiral. That would fall right into the category of "Things you just hate to see".
Stig's probably already joosed about it.xlolx

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 11:37 AM
Congrats to Coach Klieman. Well deserved.

Looks like the North Texas guy said no because he couldn't bring his staff in with him - that bodes really well for NDSU. Hopefully we can retain most of our staff and continue moving forward, much to the chagrin of SDSU fans feelings.

Matt Entz as the next NDSU head coach is what we want.

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2018, 11:40 AM
I don't know if that's true, but if it is, that's a real stupid move by K-State.Snyder runs that program until he has passed away. Manhattan worships Snyder and to just cast him off is not something that will sit well with boosters

CenMEBlackBearFan
December 7th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Just terrible timing for this news right before a playoff game. Last week JMU with Houston to EC and now this. Too bad this stuff couldn't wait till teams were done playing but I know that is not feasible either.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Just terrible timing for this news right before a playoff game. Last week JMU with Houston to EC and now this. Too bad this stuff couldn't wait till teams were done playing but I know that is not feasible either.

JMU is not NDSU. NDSU has 24 Senior leaders that are 100% focused on one thing right now: Winning the National Title.

Right now this team could go all the way to Frisco with no coaches. I ain't worried about the current title run at all. If you want to see example 1: 2013 NDSU team. No one was stopping them. 2018 is no different.

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Interesting line in the article, not sure if that would happen though. "While Klieman would not be expected to leave Fargo until the Bison’s season is complete, that wouldn’t preclude Kansas State from naming him as the next Wildcats head coach ahead of time."

TheRevSFA
December 7th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Downgrade by Coach K if he takes it...

xcoffeex

CappinHard
December 7th, 2018, 11:45 AM
Right now this team could go all the way to Frisco with no coaches.

https://media.giphy.com/media/TlK63ERYSGQsdqG04uc/giphy.gif

jmu007
December 7th, 2018, 11:47 AM
JMU is not NDSU. NDSU has 24 Senior leaders that are 100% focused on one thing right now: Winning the National Title.

Right now this team could go all the way to Frisco with no coaches. I ain't worried about the current title run at all. If you want to see example 1: 2013 NDSU team. No one was stopping them. 2018 is no different.

Yeah it sucked for us at the time, but it sure will nice having those 20/22 coming back next year to think about at least. Congrats to y’alls Coach if he gets it.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 11:47 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/TlK63ERYSGQsdqG04uc/giphy.gif

Sorry that NDSU is a better program than SDSU.

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2018, 11:48 AM

......BILL SNYDER IS NOT AN AFFLETIC DIRECTOR.......SO 'SPLAIN YER COMMENT.....YOUSE DON'T THINK ANY RETIRIN' COACH...O' FIRED ONE....FO' DAT MATTER......DOESN'T.....KEEP AN EYE ON UH TEAM....AFTERAH DEY LEAVE?.......AWK!!

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 11:49 AM
......BILL SNYDER IS NOT AN AFFLETIC DIRECTOR.......SO 'SPLAIN YER COMMENT.....YOUSE DON'T THINK ANY RETIRIN' COACH...O' FIRED ONE....FO' DAT MATTER......DOESN'T.....KEEP AN EYE ON UH TEAM....AFTERAH DEY LEAVE?.......AWK!!

Bill Snyder gets a say in who is hired I believe that was part of his deal.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2018, 11:50 AM
Colgate is cursed, I'm convinced of it....

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2018, 11:52 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/TlK63ERYSGQsdqG04uc/giphy.gifHaters gonna hate

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2018, 11:53 AM
]I just hope that Klieman leaving and gutting the program by taking most of the assistant coaches doesn't send NDSU into a downward spiral.[/SIZE] That would fall right into the category of "Things you just hate to see".

.......PREPARIN' DUH AGS BOARD.....FER YOUSE.....FIRST LOSIN' SEASON..........YOU'LL BE MORTAL.....LIKE DUH REST UH US.....xhurrayx......BRAWK!

Sycamore62
December 7th, 2018, 11:56 AM

i wouldnt worry about that. What usually happens to old guys who retire from football at that age?

edit: plus probably a guaranteed $15,000,000 and a FCS HC or FBS DC job when he gets fired.

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2018, 11:56 AM
.....TEAM BIZONSSSSSSSS....IN SHOCK....LIKE JMU/C. ARKANSAS.............GLAD AH WAITED....TIL DIS AFTERNOON....TA MAKE MAH PICKS..........BRAWK!

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 12:01 PM
I just don't think the NDSU train falls off the tracks yet.

We've had so much success as a program with so many different coaches.

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2018, 12:01 PM
.....TEAM BIZONSSSSSSSS....IN SHOCK....LIKE JMU/C. ARKANSAS.............GLAD AH WAITED....TIL DIS AFTERNOON....TA MAKE MAH PICKS..........BRAWK!We knew this day was coming. We aren't delusional like the jmu base. We knew he was going to leave eventually. I'm happy for him. Unlike Bohl, I want Klieman to succeed as he was nothing short of a class act both personally and on the field. Him and Entz would visit my Panda Express that I ran on campus about 1x every 2 weeks or so and he was the kind of man athletes want to play for.

Bisonator
December 7th, 2018, 12:02 PM
You don't know Bill Snyder. He is Kansas State football.

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 7th, 2018, 12:10 PM

NDST has a lot of seniors but you're going to reload and still be in the hunt next year.

Laker
December 7th, 2018, 12:14 PM
Downgrade by Coach K if he takes it...

xcoffeex

Well, if he had taken the Kansas job, yes.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 12:14 PM
NDST has a lot of seniors but you're going to reload and still be in the hunt next year.

Just like JMU I'd assume.

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 12:15 PM
.....TEAM BIZONSSSSSSSS....IN SHOCK....LIKE JMU/C. ARKANSAS.............GLAD AH WAITED....TIL DIS AFTERNOON....TA MAKE MAH PICKS..........BRAWK!
Haven’t seen anything anywhere that would indicate anyone is in shock.l, nice try though.

CappinHard
December 7th, 2018, 12:16 PM

You keep telling yourself that... Live look into NDSU nation:

https://media.giphy.com/media/bEVKYB487Lqxy/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/aa9VQ6gg5wCBy/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/6abBwmZzj92Ok/giphy.gif

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 12:18 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/6abBwmZzj92Ok/giphy.gifI'd much rather be in the situation NDSU is in vs SDSU.

One wins championships and fights every year to be the king of the sub division and has to seach for a new coach because the others move on because of success.

The other has their same drunkard coach from D2 that can't win anything.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

CappinHard
December 7th, 2018, 12:19 PM
Live look at NDSU commits:

https://media.giphy.com/media/21SK9zQh0sPuRN3GPb/giphy.gif

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2018, 12:19 PM
If this is true definitely some deja vu for Colgate!

I've followed Kansas State football since the early 90's because I've always been intrigued by their story. What Bill Snyder did there is incredible. The 1998 Big 12 Title game still haunts me for some weird reason. I really wanted them to get a shot at Tennessee. With that said, I wouldn't want to deal with Les Miles in-state right now. Say what you want about Jayhawk football, Miles will have some solid success there imo. I'm not sure if Kleiman can win that in-state war.

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 12:21 PM
They all said it was over when Bohl left too, we shall see. CappinHard don’t try so hard, you’re embarrassing yourself.xthumbsupx

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2018, 12:23 PM
Speculation. Zero facts. I know JMU is praying for this to happen. NDSU fans are expecting it to happen too, but the title of this thread is laughable. Comments are pretty much what was said when Bohl went to Wyoming. NDSU will be fine, so JMU and SDSU dont get your hopes up.

CappinHard
December 7th, 2018, 12:23 PM
They all said it was over when Bohl left too, we shall see. CappinHard don’t try so hard, you’re embarrassing yourself.xthumbsupx

Ha, just having a little fun with it... there aren't many chinks in NDSU's armor, so when I see one I really go for it.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 12:24 PM
Speculation. Zero facts. I know JMU is praying for this to happen. NDSU fans are expecting it to happen too, but the title of this thread is laughable.Nah. He's gone.

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2018, 12:25 PM
Nah. He's gone.

Not until he says it. Litterl was a no-brainer and kstate screwed that up. Anything can happen.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 12:26 PM
Not until he says it. Litterl was a no-brainer and kstate screwed that up. Anything can happen.Mmmk. Whatever you say.

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2018, 12:28 PM
Speculation. Zero facts. I know JMU is praying for this to happen. NDSU fans are expecting it to happen too, but the title of this thread is laughable. Comments are pretty much what was said when Bohl went to Wyoming. NDSU will be fine, so JMU and SDSU dont get your hopes up.

....EVERAH TEAM........IN........FCS........'CEPT VMI......ARE AT DUH ALTAR.........BRAWK!

gofurman
December 7th, 2018, 12:29 PM

Is he gone or is still a maybe?

CappinHard
December 7th, 2018, 12:29 PM
Took a peak at Bisonville:

https://media.giphy.com/media/dAVLtOPb0JeIE/giphy.gif

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2018, 12:30 PM
Ha, just having a little fun with it... there aren't many chinks in NDSU's armor, so when I see one I really go for it.

....E-Z....ON 'EM CAP...........BIZONSSSSSSS....AREN'T USED TA DEFEAT..........YET!......AWQ!!

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 12:32 PM

looks more like the K State board.xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Fire away, I enjoy it xlolx

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2018, 12:32 PM

Wish I had a login. I cant believe they locked it down.

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 12:33 PM
....E-Z....ON 'EM CAP...........BIZONSSSSSSS....AREN'T USED TA DEFEAT..........YET!......AWQ!!
Keep trying

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 12:33 PM

I'm confused - where are you seeing that? To me it seems like a bunch of guys saying next man up and congrats coach.

To live inside your head for one day....

CappinHard
December 7th, 2018, 12:34 PM

True. Their fans don't seem to happy about this probable hire. I think it's a little short sighted of them. Klieman seems like a really good fit for that program.

Bisonator
December 7th, 2018, 12:35 PM
Is he gone or is still a maybe?

Nothing concrete yet. Doubt there will be anything until Saturday night or Sunday.

CappinHard
I'm confused - where are you seeing that? To me it seems like a bunch of guys saying next man up and congrats coach.

To live inside your head for one day....

(I didn't even look... relax)

dbackjon
Wish I had a login. I cant believe they locked it down.

It would be a good read

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 12:36 PM
True. Their fans don't seem to happy about this probable hire. I think it's a little short sighted of them. Klieman seems like a really good fit for that program.
Well they believe they are on the same level as Alabama.xdrunkyx

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 12:39 PM
(I didn't even look... relax)

You should, it's great. Might help with your depression.

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2018, 12:43 PM

Out of sheer morbid curiosity and hoping to see some hilarious meltdown, I ventured over to BV.
I was disappointed to only see well wishes for Klieman, not a single post remotely resembling a meltdown.
#fakenews

CappinHard
December 7th, 2018, 12:43 PM

Depression? The complete opposite. I'm just giddy with the thought of NDSU's commits deciding to jump ship because Klieman and some of the staff is leaving, then NDSU hiring someone that comes in and runs the program into the ground.

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Depression? The complete opposite. I'm just giddy with the thought of NDSU's commits deciding to jump ship because Klieman and some of the staff is leaving, then NDSU hiring someone that comes in and runs the program into the ground.

Stig is not available fortunately.

Gil Dobie
December 7th, 2018, 12:46 PM
.......PREPARIN' DUH AGS BOARD.....FER YOUSE.....FIRST LOSIN' SEASON..........YOU'LL BE MORTAL.....LIKE DUH REST UH US.....xhurrayx......BRAWK!

We were 3-8 in 2009, before the run started. Been there done that.

Bisonator
December 7th, 2018, 12:46 PM
You're just hiding it so well. You know damn well this program will keep rolling while your bunny turds keep piling up. :D

clenz
December 7th, 2018, 12:47 PM
No death threats like when bohl left?

Shocking

jmu007
December 7th, 2018, 12:48 PM
This thread has successfully gotten me through another day without a head coach announcement in Harrisonburg. For that, I thank you all.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 12:49 PM

I remember when Easton Stick left with Coach Bohl.

Derby City Duke
December 7th, 2018, 12:50 PM
We knew this day was coming. We aren't delusional like the jmu base. We knew he was going to leave eventually. I'm happy for him. Unlike Bohl, I want Klieman to succeed as he was nothing short of a class act both personally and on the field. Him and Entz would visit my Panda Express that I ran on campus about 1x every 2 weeks or so and he was the kind of man athletes want to play for.

A lot of our fan base, especially on the homer board(s), really did think the 10-year extension was proof Houston was staying long-term. Think you'll find that most AGSers of JMU colors knew exactly what it meant -- slow the negative recruiting for a year and give the school a better financial result when Houston left.

uni88
December 7th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Stig is not available fortunately.Tomorrow's headline: Farley resigns at UNI, will replace Klieman at NDSU!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

CappinHard
December 7th, 2018, 12:55 PM
I remember when Easton Stick left with Coach Bohl.

Meh... Bohl was an a$$hole... Not surprised Stick didn't follow him. Klieman actually seems like a good dude.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 12:56 PM
Tomorrow's headline: Farley resigns at UNI, will replace Klieman at NDSU!

You kidding? He's going to be the DC @ K-State with HC Chris Klieman!

Derby City Duke
December 7th, 2018, 12:56 PM

Not laughable...not a prayer being offered up. Couldn't care less if Klieman goes or stays, but it IS a topic worth discussing. Good for him if he gets it; good for him if he doesn't. NDSU doesn't change much either way.

RootinFerDukes
December 7th, 2018, 12:58 PM
This, and coaching a team with the dumbest fans in all of FBS, good luck.

If this hire ends up happening, someone needs to check in on that WWE Wrestling mask KSU fan who put up that stupid youtube video before your 2013 game. Make him eat some serious crow.

Bisonator

https://media.giphy.com/media/gPTTdOsD3lEQw/giphy.gif

CappinHard

Yes, please yes.

RootinFerDukes
December 7th, 2018, 01:00 PM
Snyder runs that program until he has passed away. Manhattan worships Snyder and to just cast him off is not something that will sit well with boosters

Let them win a lot more with Kleiman and Snyder will be dead to KSU before he's actually... you know.

BEAR
December 7th, 2018, 01:01 PM
Rumor is Coach Conque is taking over at NDSU.... xwhistlexxlolx

RootinFerDukes
December 7th, 2018, 01:02 PM

Just don't lose to them like we do when we lose our coaches... seriously though. This has to be an NCAA record for "you play them, you lose your coach that season".

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2018, 01:03 PM
........DIS THREAD......SHOOD TAKE US.....RIGHT UP...TA TA-NITES....KICK-OFF........AT WHICH TIME.....DUH DWEBERS..........WILL RELIEVE DUH BIZONSSSSS....WHIFF.....SOME CRYIN'...O' DEY'RE OWN.......BRAWK!

RootinFerDukes
December 7th, 2018, 01:06 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/6abBwmZzj92Ok/giphy.gif

Yep... they try to puff out their chests, but they're quietly nervous that GASP they may not win a title one year! CLUTCH YOUR PEARLS!!!

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 01:07 PM
Curt Mallory @ Indiana State deserves a look for the NDSU HC gig.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Yep... they try to puff out their chests, but they're quietly nervous that GASP they may not win a title one year! CLUTCH YOUR PEARLS!!!

If NDSU's Title to season eligibility rates drops below 25% I'd be a sad camper.

Daytripper
December 7th, 2018, 01:09 PM
If KSU fans have anything to say about this, it's dead in the water. This isn't going over well...

ST_Lawson
December 7th, 2018, 01:09 PM
...then NDSU hiring someone that comes in and runs the program into the ground.

I'll believe it when I see it. History has shown that to be a very rare situation for NDSU.

dewey
December 7th, 2018, 01:10 PM
Congratulations to coach Klieman if he is the next head coach at Kansas State. I have met him a few times at the Bison fan day events and every time he has taken a photo with me and my boys.

I am concerned about how many coaches he takes with him and how that impacts recruiting going forward.

I really hope he coaches them to a title and then leaves on top with all of those seniors.

Go Bison!

Dewey

BEAR
December 7th, 2018, 01:12 PM
I thought Mike Norvell of Memphis was a candidate for the K-State job. Guy is doing well. Not sure Kansas folk would want him.....or anyone for that matter. xlolx

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2018, 01:12 PM
If I'm being completely honest I don't think that would be the worst thing for this NDSU football program since it would force many of our fans take a step back in the humility department. If an FBS move isn't going to happen, and most signs point to it not happening anytime soon, we've got a lot of entitled and spoiled fans that are in need of a bit of a reality check about how difficult it really is to win at the rate that Bohl and Klieman have won at here at the FCS level. As Cinderalla (the band) famously once said "You don't know what you got til' it's gone". The 2,000+ empty seats in the Fargodome tomorrow will be proof of it.

I say this now but I guarantee I'll still be ****ing pissed if/when the Bison lose.

RootinFerDukes
December 7th, 2018, 01:14 PM
If KSU fans have anything to say about this, it's dead in the water. This isn't going over well...

They're all collectively complete ****ing idiots. I'd kill for JMU to hire a D2 head coach who will probably win four titles in his five season as HC, plus another 3 titles as an assistant. Never worse than a semifinal appearance.

Yeah, resumes like that just grow on trees.

Daytripper
December 7th, 2018, 01:16 PM
They're all collectively complete ****ing idiots. I'd kill for JMU to hire a D2 head coach who will probably win four titles in his five season as HC, plus another 3 titles as an assistant.

I have been telling them the same thing on twitter. Klieman will eventually get an FBS gig, and he will succeed. Then the KSU haters will look really, really stupid...

BisonBacker
December 7th, 2018, 01:17 PM
LOL all the FCS fans of teams not named NDSU can't wait to see Kleiman gone xlolx

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 01:18 PM
They're all collectively complete ****ing idiots. I'd kill for JMU to hire a D2 head coach who will probably win four titles in his five season as HC, plus another 3 titles as an assistant. Never worse than a semifinal appearance.

Like I said earlier they are the dumbest fan base in FBS, they think they are bigger than what they really are. I wish the best to Coach k if he goes, he earned it. Life goes on, aren’t we all striving for something bigger?

RootinFerDukes
December 7th, 2018, 01:19 PM
I say this now but I guarantee I'll still be ****ing pissed if/when the Bison lose.

Don't be. As little as you all lose, you should actually welcome defeat just so you can be impressed at who beat you. It has to be boring at this point... right?

Part of what I like about CFB is the pit it puts in my stomach when we're on the ropes. Do you even experience that anymore?

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2018, 01:19 PM
....KEELER....TA.......NORFF DAKOTAH STATE??........xcoolx........AWK?????.

Reign of Terrier
December 7th, 2018, 01:21 PM
I'm just waiting to see when the essential parts of the NDSU dynasty move along. I have no idea if it's Klieman or not (it's probably not), but let's not forget he was an essential part of the NDSU dynasty before he was head coach.

Some people think the FCS is down, which is why the dynasty happens. I think it's more likely a perfect storm of various factors. There will come a day when NDSU is not in the top 4 of FCS ever year. Whether that's because they move on or one of those essential components (or multiple essential components) leaves remains to be seen. When NDSU drops off, no one will see it coming. We can say we see it coming next year, but let's be real, we all expect the Bison to be on top of the subdivision, no matter who coaches them next year.

RootinFerDukes
December 7th, 2018, 01:22 PM

I'd laugh for days and months and years. Here come the transfers! Watch the NDSU fans try to back track on their years of posting about how they don't take transfers.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Don't be. As little as you all lose, you should actually welcome defeat just so you can be impressed at who beat you. It has to be boring at this point... right?

Part of what I like about CFB is the pit it puts in my stomach when we're on the ropes. Do you even experience that anymore?
I still feel the excitement and the nervousness associated with playoff football as a fan but there are many in the NDSU fan base who don't anymore apparently.

BisonBacker
December 7th, 2018, 01:25 PM

https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F12%2F13%2F63617269743426 9645-1829379936_63583662943707183351485046_How-The-Grinch-Stole-Christmas-image-how-the-grinch-stole-christmas-36237919-500-234.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=954&h=2e074b3b8d0e44503207b44607709a81ed950e40631eeda5 018b00326a924ebd&size=980x&c=1566185485

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 01:26 PM
I'd laugh for days and months and years. Here come the transfers! Watch the NDSU fans try to back track on their years of posting about how they don't take transfers.

We'd be more pissed than the K-State fans are about Klieman. Also: NDSU is 109-8 since Chris Klieman has been on the staff here.

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 01:29 PM
I still feel the excitement and the nervousness associated with playoff football as a fan but there are many in the NDSU fan base who don't anymore apparently.

Im with you, always nervous before the game.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 01:30 PM
Pretty sure this will be announced on Sunday or Monday. Sunday around noon is my guess.

Reign of Terrier
December 7th, 2018, 01:31 PM

For me, FCS playoffs have gotten so anticlimactic that I look at them like bowl games. We have nothing to lose. We're already winners for getting there. I only feel disappointed if we don't at least win the first game. It's only a little disappointing when we lose.

I imagine any playoff loss for NDSU going forward is devastating given their 29-2 current record.

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 01:33 PM

Careful MR. CHICKEN, talk like that can get you in trouble.

https://egoolecom.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/kfc.jpg?w=682 (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjqw6LTuo7fAhWGx4MKHZrfDgIQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fegoolecom.wordpress.com%2F2016%2 F03%2F05%2Fhow-much-is-a-bucket-of-kfc-chicken-in-naira-compared-to-other-african-countries%2F&psig=AOvVaw22WR6_gYJc16QsEv7cX33M&ust=1544297489014439)

dewey
December 7th, 2018, 01:38 PM
If I'm being completely honest I don't think that would be the worst thing for this NDSU football program since it would force many of our fans take a step back in the humility department. If an FBS move isn't going to happen, and most signs point to it not happening anytime soon, we've got a lot of entitled and spoiled fans that are in need of a bit of a reality check about how difficult it really is to win at the rate that Bohl and Klieman have won at here at the FCS level. As Cinderalla (the band) famously once said "You don't know what you got til' it's gone". The 2,000+ empty seats in the Fargodome tomorrow will be proof of it.

^^^^I 100% agree with this statement.

Dewey

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2018, 01:39 PM
.......WHEN BIZONSSSSSS NATION....... BECOMES.....DUH NEW........EASTERN KENTUCKY.............AGS BOARD........WILL BE....LIKE SLEEPY HOLLOW.........IMAGINE DISCUSSIN' PIGGY......WHIFF OUT....DUH GREEN & YELLOW......SMEARIN' FECES.......IN OURAH THREADS.....xhurrayx...BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2018, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE=Bison56;2726240]Careful MR. CHICKEN, talk like that can get you in trouble.

https://egoolecom.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/kfc.jpg?w=682 (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjqw6LTuo7fAhWGx4MKHZrfDgIQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fegoolecom.wordpress.com%2F2016%2 F03%2F05%2Fhow-much-is-a-bucket-of-kfc-chicken-in-naira-compared-to-other-african-countries%2F&psig=AOvVaw22WR6_gYJc16QsEv7cX33M&ust=1544297489014439)IS DAT...DUH 11 PIECE.......OFFENSE OR DEFENSE BUCKET...TA GO?????....DEFENSE BUCKET IS EXTRA.....KRISPY.............BRAWK!

dewey
December 7th, 2018, 01:41 PM

I was not that pissed when NDSU lost to JMU because JMU was the better team that night. I love to see NDSU win and it is not at all getting boring for me. The weekend plans revolve around when the NDSU game is on.

The pit in the stomach was last year against the Dukes for the title. That could have gone either way but I am hoping they beat everyone this year by 4 touchdowns.

Dewey

BDKJMU
December 7th, 2018, 01:50 PM
A lot of our fan base, especially on the homer board(s), really did think the 10-year extension was proof Houston was staying long-term. Think you'll find that most AGSers of JMU colors knew exactly what it meant -- slow the negative recruiting for a year and give the school a better financial result when Houston left.
While I
don't think too many JMU fans on CSNBBS had Houston going after this season (I certainly didn't), after only 1 year of 10, I think the delusional (MH was going to be at JMU for the majority or all of the 10 year contract) were a significant minority. Maybe I am misremembering..

I don't remember a poll being done.
Too lazy to try to look up if there was. I think if there had been a poll done with choices of 1 year, 2-3 years, 4-5 years, 6-9 year, or the entire contract, 2-3/4-5 would have been the majority. I would have picked 2-3 years..

With all the seniors last (2017) season (15 senior starters for most of the season) and the youth this season (from my armchair QB perspective looked like initially going to be 1/2 doz senior starters, ended up only being 2 for most of the season) I had JMU predicted at 9-2/7-1 regular season, losing semis, finishing 11-3 in the pre season prediction thread. Added I had a loaded 2019 team returning to Frisco, 14-1, and Houston likely getting poached shortly after. So I was off a little on this year's season prediction and MH leaving by a year. Next year's prediction will now probably be about like this year's- I won't be predicting Frisco next year with a new HC, no matter who it is and how loaded the team on paper is. We'll see.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 01:53 PM
At this point I just want the unknown to be answered.

Who is going? Who is staying?

The rest will take care of itself.

Thumper 76
December 7th, 2018, 01:53 PM
This blows. Cause if we knock them off now it’s going to be “well our coach wuznt focuses” and if we lose its gunna be “lolololololo we beat you with our coach our the dooooor”. Barf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 01:55 PM
This blows. Cause if we knock them off now it’s going to be “well our coach wuznt focuses” and if we lose its gunna be “lolololololo we beat you with our coach our the dooooor”. Barf

In your dreams.

Thumper 76
December 7th, 2018, 01:55 PM
In your dreams.

Mmmmmkay

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2018, 01:58 PM

...IFIN' YA'S DIDN'T PEAK LAST WEEK.........BUT COLGATE.......GETS FIRST SHOT............BRAWK!

Thumper 76
December 7th, 2018, 01:59 PM
...IFIN' YA'S DIDN'T PEAK LAST WEEK.........BUT COLGATE.......GETS FIRST SHOT............BRAWK!

No offense to the Dukes, but if a win vs Duquesne is our peaking for the season we don’t deserve to be a seed.

SUPharmacist
December 7th, 2018, 02:00 PM
If he does get an official offer and it comes out before the end of the playoffs, should Klieman stay or go through the playoffs? He has earned the right to do either, but would it make the most sense for him to tell the players to finish the job and move on to his recrutiting at KSU. My only hope is that he is honest with the players, regardless of if he stays or goes.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 02:01 PM
If he does get an official offer and it comes out before the end of the playoffs, should Klieman stay or go through the playoffs? He has earned the right to do either, but would it make the most sense for him to tell the players to finish the job and move on to his recrutiting at KSU. My only hope is that he is honest with the players, regardless of if he stays or goes.

My assumption is Gene Taylor and Chris Klieman will be class acts throughout this process...that's just who they are.

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2018, 02:04 PM

.....PRONTO......SADDLE UP DUH LLAMA....AN' HEAD FO' MANHATTAN......YOUSE DON'T WANT KANSAS....TA GET ALL DUH....GOODUN'S.........BRAWK!

Sycamore62
December 7th, 2018, 02:09 PM
1. I have to assume this is nearly a done deal. Ill bet they let the UNT guy say he was backing out to save face. If not Klieman would be saying he isnt interested.

2. I have read 2 posts on the KSU board and I already like them less than I did in 1996 when we played them.

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 02:10 PM

Interesting

Bisonator

Try not to trip over your ears down in Georgia first. ;)

SUPharmacist
My assumption is Gene Taylor and Chris Klieman will be class acts throughout this process...that's just who they are.

That would be my guess, but you never know for sure until it happens.

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2018, 02:12 PM
I am going out on a limb and saying Klieman will not be at KState.

SUPharmacist
December 7th, 2018, 02:13 PM

I would be suprised to see the P5 jump, but he deserves it and I think Gene Taylor may be willing to take the risk of hiring from FCS.

KUlawJack
December 7th, 2018, 02:16 PM
We'd be more pissed than the K-State fans are about Klieman. Also: NDSU is 109-8 since Chris Klieman has been on the staff here.

That record is just absurd. Makes my head spin.

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2018, 02:18 PM
I would be suprised to see the P5 jump, but he deserves it and I think Gene Taylor may be willing to take the risk of hiring from FCS.
Thats one of the reasons I dont think it happens. It would be a bad look for Gere to hire a friend from a fcs school. Gene is sitting in enough hot water without adding more heat. If it does happen one of Kliemans requests would to bring staff. KState has already kind of said no to that. I cant see Klieman going to KState alone unless he is only looking to bank for a few years then retire.

RootinFerDukes
December 7th, 2018, 02:19 PM
At this point I just want the unknown to be answered.

Who is going? Who is staying?

The rest will take care of itself.

Join the club. I've got a seat for you.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2018, 02:20 PM
.....PRONTO......SADDLE UP DUH LLAMA....AN' HEAD FO' MANHATTAN......YOUSE DON'T WANT KANSAS....TA GET ALL DUH....GOODUN'S.........BRAWK!

Keep trying to stir the pot chicken man...lol

NDSU will keep rolling in the future....keep praying though....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2018, 02:21 PM
Congrats to coach K if he ends up there, he deserves it.

clenz
December 7th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Thats one of the reasons I dont think it happens. It would be a bad look for Gere to hire a friend from a fcs school. Gene is sitting in enough hot water without adding more heat. If it does happen one of Kliemans requests would to bring staff. KState has already kind of said no to that. I cant see Klieman going to KState alone unless he is only looking to bank for a few years then retire.
He's 51. He doesn't have a ton of years left to wait a couple more years for a G5 job, spend a half decade proving himself there and then get a P5 job. The trend for finding coaches is no longer the guy with the most years. It's trending to younger and younger coaches that get the new style. He isn't going to wait until he's 57 or 60 to get an FBS job

The fact he wouldn't be allowed to bring a full staff with him probably helps him. He can take two or three key guys, walk into a locker room with a full staff that already knows the players and program and go.

It also gives him the ability to have a safety net if it doesn't go well right away. He wasn't allowed his guys. Let him have his guys and see what happens.

SUPharmacist
December 7th, 2018, 02:27 PM
He's 51. He doesn't have a ton of years left to wait a couple more years for a G5 job, spend a half decade proving himself there and then get a P5 job. The trend for finding coaches is no longer the guy with the most years. It's trending to younger and younger coaches that get the new style. He isn't going to wait until he's 57 or 60 to get an FBS job

The fact he wouldn't be allowed to bring a full staff with him probably helps him. He can take two or three key guys, walk into a locker room with a full staff that already knows the players and program and go.

It also gives him the ability to have a safety net if it doesn't go well right away. He wasn't allowed his guys. Let him have his guys and see what happens.

Agreed, if he has an offer he takes it whether he can get his guys or not. However, if things don't work out I do not think you can use the excuse of not having your own staff when making a jump to P5. Even if it is a valid excuse, the story would be FCS coach can't cut it at this level.

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2018, 02:33 PM

..........BOLD.......xsmiley_wix.......BRAWK!

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2018, 02:34 PM
Agreed, if he has an offer he takes it whether he can get his guys or not. However, if things don't work out I do not think you can use the excuse of not having your own staff when making a jump to P5. Even if it is a valid excuse, the story would be FCS coach can't cut it at this level.

I kind of agree more with this. Its not like he has 3-4 years to have success at KState. With a hostile fan base, pissed off donors and a down team next year he would have to win 8 or 9 to be in good shape. No excuse would be sufficient and he would be gone by the end of year 2. Its a tough call for Klieman if an offer is made. I think he would be crazy to pass it up though if offered. It just has a lot of career-killer pitfalls. Yep the default answer would be "FCS coach".

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2018, 02:37 PM
A lot of our fan base, especially on the homer board(s), really did think the 10-year extension was proof Houston was staying long-term. Think you'll find that most AGSers of JMU colors knew exactly what it meant -- slow the negative recruiting for a year and give the school a better financial result when Houston left.If you run a solid program, you should know your coaches will leave and that means the best who want to get a foot in the door will come to your program. It's a good cycle to have. Also helps prevent complacency.

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2018, 02:38 PM
Let them win a lot more with Kleiman and Snyder will be dead to KSU before he's actually... you know.Doubt it. Their fanbase is beyond delusional. Borderline GFCC level.

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 02:38 PM
Keep trying to stir the pot chicken man...lol

NDSU will keep rolling in the future....keep praying though....

He better watch his backxnodx

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/29/5f/dc/295fdc3db38a057dd429b2b6f78f3244.jpg

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2018, 02:39 PM
....WHAA IS K-STATE....SITTIN' ON DEMAND...TA KEEP MOS' UH......SNYDER'S........STAFF........ANYONE?.....K LIEMAN....SHOOD PROMISE.....MANHATTAN.....NO MO' TORNADOES....AN' UP WHEAT & CORN.....$3....UH BUSHELL..........TA BRING ALONG....DUH GANG.........BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2018, 02:40 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29692&stc=1

Thumper 76
December 7th, 2018, 02:41 PM
Try not to trip over your ears down in Georgia first. ;)

That’s part of my IF ;)

Bisonoline
December 7th, 2018, 02:41 PM
I'm just waiting to see when the essential parts of the NDSU dynasty move along. I have no idea if it's Klieman or not (it's probably not), but let's not forget he was an essential part of the NDSU dynasty before he was head coach.

Some people think the FCS is down, which is why the dynasty happens. I think it's more likely a perfect storm of various factors. There will come a day when NDSU is not in the top 4 of FCS ever year. Whether that's because they move on or one of those essential components (or multiple essential components) leaves remains to be seen. When NDSU drops off, no one will see it coming. We can say we see it coming next year, but let's be real, we all expect the Bison to be on top of the subdivision, no matter who coaches them next year.

Weve had 3 losing seasons since 1965. Its about the program and culture. Coaches come and go.

Grizalltheway
December 7th, 2018, 02:45 PM
Sorry that NDSU is a better program than SDSU.
That doesn't make your statement any less stupid. You guys are too much sometimes.

cx500d
December 7th, 2018, 02:46 PM
We had losing seasons before. 2009 was a stinker

clenz
December 7th, 2018, 02:46 PM
I kind of agree more with this. Its not like he has 3-4 years to have success at KState. With a hostile fan base, pissed off donors and a down team next year he would have to win 8 or 9 to be in good shape. No excuse would be sufficient and he would be gone by the end of year 2. Its a tough call for Klieman if an offer is made. I think he would be crazy to pass it up though if offered. It just has a lot of career-killer pitfalls. Yep the default answer would be "FCS coach".
He's going to get an offer in the 2 million plus dollar range.

He's not saying no because the culture at NDSU is better.
He's not saying no because Bill Snyder over his shoulder
He's not saying no because dip**** fans.
He's not saying no for any reason if he's offered a contract.

If something comes out that he's staying at NDSU I'm guessing he never got an offer as a result of an issue that kept Littrel from taking the job

neverobeyed
December 7th, 2018, 02:50 PM

If not this job, someone else will offer him soon. Chris will succeed wherever he coaches.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2018, 02:55 PM
Weve had 3 losing seasons since 1965. Its about the program and culture. Coaches come and go.

This here.

NDSU will be just fine if/when coach K goes.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 02:57 PM
That doesn't make your statement any less stupid. You guys are too much sometimes.

That 2013 wasn't going to be stopped for that title. I have a feeling the same will be said for the 2018 team.

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2018, 03:01 PM
He's going to get an offer in the 2 million plus dollar range.

He's not saying no because the culture at NDSU is better.
He's not saying no because Bill Snyder over his shoulder
He's not saying no because dip**** fans.
He's not saying no for any reason if he's offered a contract.

If something comes out that he's staying at NDSU I'm guessing he never got an offer as a result of an issue that kept Littrel from taking the job

Thats why I said: "he would be crazy to pass it up though if offered."

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2018, 03:01 PM
That 2013 wasn't going to be stopped for that title. I have a feeling the same will be said for the 2018 team.

This here.

NDSU rolls thru the title game.

SDSU probably is looking ahead and might get beat.

CappinHard
December 7th, 2018, 03:02 PM

The point is... your statement was stupid. The fact that you're trying to back it up instead of saying that it was just an exaggeration is even more stupid.

MSUBobcat
December 7th, 2018, 03:03 PM
If this hire ends up happening, someone needs to check in on that WWE Wrestling mask KSU fan who put up that stupid youtube video before your 2013 game. Make him eat some serious crow.

Oh man.... I'd forgotten all about that video. Epic fail.....

Bisonoline
December 7th, 2018, 03:04 PM
Oh man.... I'd forgotten all about that video. Epic fail.....

That dude was off the hook.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2018, 03:16 PM
So Snyder's kid has to stay on the new staff. What is his position anyway?

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2018, 03:33 PM
Sounds like all of KStates coaches contracts are fully guaranteed. It would cost a fortune to fire them all and hire a new staff.

katss07
December 7th, 2018, 03:33 PM
Good luck Coach K!

Grizalltheway
December 7th, 2018, 03:34 PM
That's not the statement I was referencing.

AmsterBison
December 7th, 2018, 03:35 PM
That dude was off the hook.

Just so people don't have to look it up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb9MzVOmueo

RootinFerDukes
December 7th, 2018, 03:37 PM
Sounds like all of KStates coaches contracts are fully guaranteed. It would cost a fortune to fire them all and hire a new staff.

That's just administrative incompetence to do that. Year by Year for everyone but your OC/DC and even then, only a handful of years for them.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 03:39 PM
That's not the statement I was referencing.

These seniors could get to Frisco without the coaches there. I stand by it. That won't happen, there will be coaches there, but from here on out it's all on the players shoulders.

Thumper 76
December 7th, 2018, 03:42 PM
These seniors could get to Frisco without the coaches there. I stand by it. That won't happen, there will be coaches there, but from here on out it's all on the players shoulders.

Dude.........

BisonTru
December 7th, 2018, 03:44 PM
This is night and day difference from when Bohl was hired away as far as fan response. Personally I was fine with Bohl moving on. I didn't blame him at all for taking the money WYO was offering, although i felt pretty strongly he shouldn't get to go to a Frisco and coach the team. With Klieman I just feel different. He's a good dude. I hope he gets paid, but I also hope he takes us down for another championship.

Now, I'm going to say something extremely unpopular among our fans, but my pick to take over is Tim Polasek. Although I think Matt Entz will ultimately get the job.

Bisonoline
December 7th, 2018, 03:47 PM

xeekxxrolleyesx

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 03:52 PM
Dude.........

2013 was the exact same scenario. They had 2-3 coaches that were staying and the rest was the players putting in the effort in the film room, etc. I've talked with enough players from that time frame to know that's how it went down. Keep calling my bluff.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 03:53 PM
This is night and day difference from when Bohl was hired away as far as fan response. Personally I was fine with Bohl moving on. I didn't blame him at all for taking the money WYO was offering, although i felt pretty strongly he shouldn't get to go to a Frisco and coach the team. With Klieman I just feel different. He's a good dude. I hope he gets paid, but I also hope he takes us down for another championship.

Now, I'm going to say something extremely unpopular among our fans, but my pick to take over is Tim Polasek. Although I think Matt Entz will ultimately get the job.

I would be okay with either - Polasek or Entz will both be good. I personally want Entz to stay.

SUPharmacist
December 7th, 2018, 03:55 PM
http://themercury.com/k_state_sports/north-dakota-state-president-dean-bresciani-i-d-look-forward/article_b6a33164-570a-59f6-97ca-eef9991c6c09.html

There is some bull**** in here about Klieman's focus being exclusively on the playoffs, but I am happy with the comments about celebrating his success if he does move on.

Bisonoline
December 7th, 2018, 03:57 PM
I would be okay with either - Polasek or Entz will both be good. I personally want Entz to stay.

I liked Polasek as a position coach and recruiter. But as an OC he couldnt get his head out of his play card and change with the flow of the game if it was a tight game. Running the ball up the middle as time was running out against JMU was it for me.

I would go with Entz if we are going internal which I think we will.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2018, 03:58 PM

Bohl also blindsided us because no one thought he would even consider Wyoming. Most Bison fans I think realized that K-State was a very logical FBS landing spot for Klieman as soon as Gene Taylor became their AD and when Snyder announced his retirement everyone went on high alert so this wasn't all that surprising to anyone I don't think.

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2018, 04:07 PM
Between the 2 which would have the nuts to try for 2 points against a #11 ranked FBS team with 2 minutes to go for the win?

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 04:10 PM
Between the 2 which would have the nuts to try for 2 points against a #11 ranked FBS team with 2 minutes to go for the win?

The more I've thought about that play - the wiser I think Klieman looks @ that.

Score and you put all the pressure on Iowa. Fail and you put the pressure on yourselves to get a stop. Iowa goes into a conservative run the ball motion and your defense capitalizes.

Which is exactly what happened.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2018, 04:21 PM
I liked Polasek as a position coach and recruiter. But as an OC he couldnt get his head out of his play card and change with the flow of the game if it was a tight game. Running the ball up the middle as time was running out against JMU was it for me.

I would go with Entz if we are going internal which I think we will.

This here.

I wouldn't want Polasek as Head Coach. Entz, to me, is a better choice.

Pay him Klieman money to stay.

Silenoz
December 7th, 2018, 04:30 PM
You guys should hire Jeff Choate. He may not win a lot of games, but he can tweet nonsense like a mother ****er!

...and also beat us. Not that you need any help with that.

Silenoz
December 7th, 2018, 04:32 PM

Ah yes, was this the much needed humility that Chaos was referring to? xdrunkyx

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 04:45 PM
Ah yes, was this the much needed humility that Chaos was referring to? xdrunkyxHumility? Who needs humility when you're doing all this winning!

Maybe that will help you out. ;)

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2018, 04:47 PM
Ah yes, was this the much needed humility that Chaos was referring to? xdrunkyx

Chaos is on his high horse about fans not buying all the tickets available.

And about humility....big deal...we as fans, can be as confident as we want to be....xnodx

- - - Updated - - -

Humility? Who needs humility when you're doing all this winning!

Maybe that will help you out. ;)

xnodx

xthumbsupx

Go...gate
December 7th, 2018, 04:52 PM
Just saw this - is he really gone?

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2018, 04:55 PM
Chaos is on his high horse about fans not buying all the tickets available.

And about humility....big deal...we as fans, can be as confident as we want to be....xnodx

I'm fine with fans being confident where I get frustrated is "fans" who think that their team dominating makes it not worth their effort to support them. Or when fans insinuate that what the Bison are doing is easy so it's not "fun to be a fan" anymore.

That's why the band breaking up might not be the worst thing for this program. I hate to say it but we've gotten into a rut as a fan base due to how spoiled we've been by the success of our team. It seems the only way to get that fire back is to have to deal with a little adversity from our favorite squad. I'll never root against them or be happy when they lose but I'll acknowledge that silver lining more than ever if/when it does happen.

Also, IBY isn't an example of the problem when it comes to the spoiled and entitled fans I was referring to.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2018, 05:04 PM
I'm fine with fans being confident where I get frustrated is "fans" who think that their team dominating makes it not worth their effort to support them. Or when fans insinuate that what the Bison are doing is easy so it's not "fun to be a fan" anymore.

That's why the band breaking up might not be the worst thing for this program. I hate to say it but we've gotten into a rut as a fan base due to how spoiled we've been by the success of our team. It seems the only way to get that fire back is to have to deal with a little adversity from our favorite squad. I'll never root against them or be happy when they lose but I'll acknowledge that silver lining more than ever if/when it does happen.

Also, IBY isn't an example of the problem when it comes to the spoiled and entitled fans I was referring to.

The "rut" is all over the country with college and pro sports. Look at NFL games. They have the prices so high that your average family cannot enjoy/go to a game and the attendance shows this.

In NDSU's case, ya there is probably a segment of the fan base that is getting bored/lethargic/complacent....whatever adjective you want to put in there and I can see why you, as a fan, shakes their head and wonders why the fans cannot see what a special team we have.

But there are still a lot of fans, like me, that will go to games no matter how they are doing. There are a lot of bandwagon/fair weather fans out there and some of that is bubbling up now. Are they idiots? You bet they are because dynasties like this do not come around all the time and when they realize that it will be gone.

I'm enjoying this ride and hopefully it takes us to Frisco again....xthumbsupx

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Just saw this - is he really gone?
It's not official yet but he's their "top choice" according to the rumor mill. There are some other guys in play though too based on this latest tweet from ESPN's Adam Rittenberg:

https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/1071173533743616000

The interesting dynamic is how this plays out between K-State AD Gene Taylor and their legendary outgoing coach Bill Snyder and who holds the most clout since Taylor is very new to that position (I think he's a little over 2 years in). Taylor is NDSU's former AD so you'd have to think Klieman is a "Taylor guy" but Snyder may be higher on the other former K-State guys mentioned in that tweet.

Another dynamic is how much of the current staff is K-State insisting that the new coach retain? Apparently that's why things fell through with North Texas' Seth Littrell. He wanted to bring his entire staff with him and K-State (be it a directive from Taylor, Snyder, or both) told him he'd have to retain at least one assistant. It's common knowledge that Snyder wanted his son, who's currently an assistant on the staff, to take over for him so that's likely at least one assistant that K-State is insisting that the new coach keep on. But for a CUSA head coach to turn down a Big 12 job I'm guessing it was more than just one assistant he was told he'd have to keep on.

I don't see how Klieman says no to an offer like this even if he can't take as much of his current staff with him as he'd like. I'm guessing it all boils down to who in K-State's football braintrust makes that final call on who the job is offered to first.

TheValleyRaider
December 7th, 2018, 05:28 PM

So, who wants to lose their coach next: SDSU or Kennesaw State? :D

cx500d
December 7th, 2018, 05:31 PM
I think if stigelmeier was going to move on he would have done it a long time ago. Besides, stig can get joosed up in brookings and not have to worry about any legal ramifications.

TheValleyRaider
December 7th, 2018, 05:42 PM
I think if stigelmeier was going to move on he would have done it a long time ago. Besides, stig can get joosed up in brookings and not have to worry about any legal ramifications.

So he retires in this scenario. The prophecy only says he has to leave​, not how or why xrotatehx

SoDakSA
December 7th, 2018, 05:44 PM

Stig's age will keep him from going anywhere.

I would be worried if he were 10 years younger. What worries me is losing assistant coaches since they do the brunt of the heavy lifting when it comes to coaching.

SoDakSA
December 7th, 2018, 05:47 PM
It's common knowledge that Snyder wanted his son, who's currently an assistant on the staff, to take over for him so that's likely at least one assistant that K-State is insisting that the new coach keep on.

It is this kind of thing that would make me be very leery of taking the job. Whomever gets the job better have their head on a swivel so they don't get blindsided by nepotism

ming01
December 7th, 2018, 06:08 PM
I think hes gone folks. I thought things were sure quiet this week for KSU until today. With the game tomorrow, made sense. Prolly announce tomorrow evening

Catbooster
December 7th, 2018, 06:36 PM

Not that I expect NDSU to collapse if Kleiman goes to KSU, but there's a huge difference between losing seasons and the kind of dominance you guys have enjoyed recently. youngterrier can be right without NDSU having losing seasons.

Catbooster
December 7th, 2018, 07:05 PM

I agree with clenz. How often do FCS coaches get the chance to jump to a P5 rather than working up through G5? At KSU he may be making 10x what he is at NDSU. Worst case, he gets fired in 2 or 3 years. It would have taken him maybe 20 years to make that money at NDSU, so purely financially, it's crazy not to do it. Obviously there are many non-financial factors in taking a job, but it would be hard to turn that down. If he has minor success, he probably gets twice that long. He could conceivably make more money before getting fired in 2 years than he'll make working his way up over the next 10 years.

But it often seems that rebuilding a program takes a different skill set than maintaining and tweaking a dominant program. I think kleiman's a very good coach, but that doesn't mean he would be successful at KSU (but I'd hire him if I was KSU).

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2018, 07:07 PM
I agree with clenz. How often do FCS coaches get the chance to jump to a P5 rather than working up through G5? At KSU he may be making 10x what he is at NDSU. Worst case, he gets fired in 2 or 3 years. It would have taken him maybe 20 years to make that money at NDSU, so purely financially, it's crazy not to do it. Obviously there are many non-financial factors in taking a job, but it would be hard to turn that down. If he has minor success, he probably gets twice that long. He could conceivably make more money before getting fired in 2 years than he'll make working his way up over the next 10 years.

But it often seems that rebuilding a program takes a different skill set than maintaining and tweaking a dominant program. I think kleiman's a very good coach, but that doesn't mean he would be successful at KSU (but I'd hire him if I was KSU).

He is pulling close to 500k at NDSU. Your math and facts are poor.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2018, 07:11 PM
It's still probably at least 4 times which is significant enough that it would cover up a whole lot of doubts he may have about the non-financial aspects of the job.

If he's offered the job I'd be floored if he didn't take it.

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2018, 07:12 PM
It's still probably at least 4 times which is significant enough that it would cover up a whole lot of doubts he may have about the non-financial aspects of the job.

So you think KState is going to pay Klieman 2M a year? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2018, 07:16 PM
So you think KState is going to pay Klieman 2M a year? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I do. That would be about at the bottom of the Big 12 in terms of coaching salaries. I think that's very reasonable especially if you include every possible incentive (which is what you're doing to get that $500k number from NDSU).

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 07:17 PM

Why is that funny?

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2018, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I do. That would be about at the bottom of the Big 12 in terms of coaching salaries. I think that's very reasonable especially if you include every possible incentive (which is what you're doing to get that $500k number from NDSU).
Wont happen but we dont have to worry about it since its not happening anyway.

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2018, 07:21 PM
Why is that funny?

Yes its about 500k too high for what KState would offer a FCS coach. It would be a low base with bigger incentives for the first few years. The team is not in a position to reach those incentives.

TennBison
December 7th, 2018, 08:06 PM
If you want to call having a program that is so successful that a Power 5 school wants your head coach a chink go ahead, you should be so lucky.

Catbooster
December 7th, 2018, 08:13 PM
You're right. I should have looked back at the numbers I used, but that wasn't the point and none of us know the real numbers anyway. Since everyone was commenting on the posts over at the KSU boards, I skimmed a little. A couple posts there said they were planning to pay about 4 million to the new coach (think that may have been in reference to the North Texas guy). Someone here mentioned 2 million. Since both sources are equally authoritative, I used the 2 million number but still had the other number in my head. I thought I remembered that NDSU pays 450-500k with all incentives and ancillary income (200-250k base?). Not sure about KSU.

Regardless, using 500k it's still 4-8 times as much when comparing to the 2 million that's probably just a guess. Using those numbers he'd make as much in 8-16 years (when he's 59-67 years old) at NDSU as he'd make if he got fired from KSU in 2 years. Better?

The point is, that even if he thought he'd be fired in 2 years, that would be a hard offer to pass up. And I really doubt he would expect to fail and be fired in 2 years.

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2018, 08:19 PM
You're right. I should have looked back at the numbers I used, but that wasn't the point and none of us know the real numbers anyway. Since everyone was commenting on the posts over at the KSU boards, I skimmed a little. A couple posts there said they were planning to pay about 4 million to the new coach (think that may have been in reference to the North Texas guy). Someone here mentioned 2 million. Since both sources are equally authoritative, I used the 2 million number but still had the other number in my head. I thought I remembered that NDSU pays 450-500k with all incentives and ancillary income (200-250k base?). Not sure about KSU.

Regardless, using 500k it's still 4-8 times as much when comparing to the 2 million that's probably just a guess. Using those numbers he'd make as much in 8-16 years (when he's 59-67 years old) at NDSU as he'd make if he got fired from KSU in 2 years. Better?

The point is, that even if he thought he'd be fired in 2 years, that would be a hard offer to pass up. And I really doubt he would expect to fail and be fired in 2 years.

No biggie, by now Klieman has to have a net worth of a few million. I am just not sure if having a few bad seasons and going out while hes down is Kliemans style. I dont think he spends like Mike Tyson, so maybe being king in Fargo and making less is more suited to his life needs. We are all just guessing anyway.

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2018, 08:35 PM
Besides:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dt3Eo4xUUAABWua.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2018, 08:43 PM

He'll get between 2-3 million/year is my guess.

uni88
December 7th, 2018, 08:50 PM

No he's not. You very clearly stated that "he MAY be making 10x what he is at NDSU". You were clearly speculating and not providing FACTS.

Drblankstare
December 7th, 2018, 10:05 PM
Obviously Klieman should take it if offered, its a giant opportunity, even though K State is currently garbage. The fact you have to follow Snyder and keep all of his coaches spells danger to me, for whomever ends up there.

NDSU will be fine. Don’t get me wrong, losing a coach like Klieman, plus Stick and the other seniors will be a punch to the solar plexus. This might mark the end to this insane run, but I doubt this would gut the program completely like some have suggested. Maybe they fall back to pack and things become a little more competitive in FCS.

Or they just promote Entz and continue pisspounding everyone until the sun consumes the earth. Either scenario seem plausible.

Sycamore62
December 7th, 2018, 10:14 PM
it will be 3 million plus incentives. you dont go with a FCS guy and also say its to save money. if he is worth the job then he is worth the money. dont forget that after the contract is paid out if he gets canned he will land soft with a job that pays plenty. good coaches dont disappear.

dgtw
December 8th, 2018, 02:50 AM
Bill Snyder gets a say in who is hired I believe that was part of his deal.

He also replaced the guy who replaced him the first time he retired.

NDSUtk
December 8th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Klieman confirms he's spoken with K State about the job but there is no offer as of Saturday afternoon. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181208/5cc3ab6484ad928c1537f153291d5e8e.jpg

SoDakSA
December 8th, 2018, 04:17 PM
Klieman confirms he's spoken with K State about the job but there is no offer as of Saturday afternoon. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181208/5cc3ab6484ad928c1537f153291d5e8e.jpg

If he, and all his assistants, need a ride down there before next weekend I have some free time an a trailer.

SeattleBobcat
December 8th, 2018, 04:40 PM
If he, and all his assistants, need a ride down there before next weekend I have some free time an a trailer.

I'll throw in 20 for gas money.

stevdock
December 8th, 2018, 05:36 PM

Will it matter next weekend ;)

Da Herd
December 8th, 2018, 05:46 PM
Or they just promote Entz and continue pisspounding everyone until the sun consumes the earth. Either scenario seem plausible.

Hahahaha! Love this one.

Laker
December 8th, 2018, 08:21 PM
Why would K-State NOT offer him the job?

NDSUtk
December 8th, 2018, 08:25 PM
Why would K-State NOT offer him the job?Lot of pressure coming from fans and boosters that he's never been in the big leagues so he's not good enough for K State...

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2018, 08:25 PM
Only potential reason I'd think is the boosters and/or Snyder don't like him or like someone else better.

In the end it's Gene Taylor's call though.

IBleedYellow
December 8th, 2018, 08:26 PM
Only potential reason I'd think is the boosters and/or Snyder don't like him or like someone else better.

In the end it's Gene Taylor's call though.

No it's not. It's the boosters. Gene just signs the contract.

Laker
December 8th, 2018, 08:28 PM
Lot of pressure coming from fans and boosters that he's never been in the big leagues so he's not good enough for K State...

OK. I picked myself up off of the floor. I'm controlling my laughing now. They should look at his rings.

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2018, 08:30 PM
OK. I picked myself up off of the floor. I'm controlling my laughing now. They should look at his rings.

Kansas hired Les Miles.......and its a dick measuring contest. Nothing else.

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2018, 08:33 PM
No it's not. It's the boosters. Gene just signs the contract.

Gene is the one who is judged by the hire though, the boosters aren't. That said if he goes against the boosters and the hire blows up in his face in a year or three he might be out the door himself.

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2018, 08:34 PM
Kansas hired Les Miles.......and its a dick measuring contest. Nothing else.

Urban Meyer or Bust!

Bisonoline
December 8th, 2018, 08:36 PM

Gene Taylor really wants Klieman
KSU fans want a high profile coach
Coach Klieman wants to finish out the season at NDSU

So---KSU starts a nation wide search to appease KSU fans and to stretch out the timeline so Klieman can finish out the season. Gene Taylor is very sensitive to this scenario because of the bull**** that happened with Bohl. Some time after the semi finals they announce that Klieman is the coach.
But he will coach in the natty and Entz will be named the new coach at NDSU. In the mean time KSU will retain all the current assistant coaches to keep recruiting. After the natty Klieman will interview the coaches on staff at KSU to see who will be retained and who wont. Just like most transitions when a new coach comes in. This will also give Entz an opportunity to fill out his staff so when the time comes the transition will be seamless.

Laker
December 8th, 2018, 08:56 PM
Bob Stoops could come back. He used to coach there.

NDSUtk
December 8th, 2018, 09:11 PM
OK. I picked myself up off of the floor. I'm controlling my laughing now. They should look at his rings.Their words, not mine! Their fans are flipping out on Twitter etc. It's actually kind of entertaining to read.

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2018, 09:16 PM

So---KSU starts a nation wide search to appease KSU fans and to stretch out the timeline so Klieman can finish out the season. Gene Taylor is very sensitive to this scenario because of the bull**** that happened with Bohl. Some time after the semi finals they announce that Klieman is the coach.
But he will coach in the natty and Entz will be named the new coach at NDSU. In the mean time KSU will retain all the current assistant coaches to keep recruiting. After the natty Klieman will interview the coaches on staff at KSU to see who will be retained and who wont. Just like most transitions when a new coach comes in. This will also give Entz an opportunity to fill out his staff so when the time comes the transition will be seamless.
I think you are on to something here xthumbsupx

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 09:18 PM
At this point if Klieman cant take NDSU staff with him I am hoping he gets the job.
He is surely gone after this year regardless and keeping our other coaches is important.

CappinHard
December 8th, 2018, 09:22 PM

SDSU will do KSU a favor and make it an easier transition with Klieman's season being finished next Saturday.

Laker
December 8th, 2018, 09:23 PM
Their words, not mine! Their fans are flipping out on Twitter etc. It's actually kind of entertaining to read.

Oh, I knew that. They of all fans experienced first hand getting beat by NDSU at home. They should know better.

Professor Chaos
SDSU will do KSU a favor and make it an easier transition with Klieman's season being finished next Saturday.
Did you miss the memo that all SDSU are supposed to be sandbagging this week???

Lorne_Malvo

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2018, 09:24 PM

At the Fargodome, sure, but not in Frisco.

#TheMoreYouKnow

gsf23nd
December 8th, 2018, 09:25 PM
Their words, not mine! Their fans are flipping out on Twitter etc. It's actually kind of entertaining to read.

For a team that's never won anything, their fans sure do think that their **** don't stink..

NDSU would wipe the floor with K-State..

Bisonoline
December 8th, 2018, 09:26 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29703&stc=1

CappinHard
December 8th, 2018, 09:34 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgIfa2Vqyzc&app=desktop

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 09:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgIfa2Vqyzc&app=desktop

1 year deal?

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2018, 09:38 PM

xlolx Post of the thread right here xlolx

CappinHard
December 8th, 2018, 09:49 PM
1 year deal?

Give me odds? NDSU will probably be -200, so if SDSU wins, you keep it for the whole season. If NDSU wins, I keep it until half way through next season.

Bisonoline
December 8th, 2018, 09:51 PM
Give me odds? NDSU will probably be -200, so if SDSU wins, you keep it for the whole season. If NDSU wins, I keep it until half way through next season.

Odds .JFC

CappinHard
December 8th, 2018, 09:52 PM

It's going to be so sweet buying dirt cheap tickets for the game in Frisco from NDSU fans that are begging people to buy them for a fraction of what they bought them for.

CappinHard
December 8th, 2018, 09:53 PM
Odds .JFC

If he wants to go straight up for the avatar bet, he could give me the spread. I'm confident, but I'm not stupid.

Bisonoline
December 8th, 2018, 09:53 PM
It's going to be so sweet buying dirt cheap tickets for the game in Frisco from NDSU fans that are begging people to buy them for a fraction of what they bought them for.

xcoffeex

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 09:54 PM

You are the one with so much confidence, you give me points. Bet is win/lose 1 year.

Bisonoline
December 8th, 2018, 09:56 PM
If he wants to go straight up for the avatar bet, he could give me the spread. I'm confident, but I'm not stupid.

Grow some stones. You think youve got the team to beat then go straight up like your supposed to.

Bisonoline
December 8th, 2018, 10:00 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29704&stc=1

Thats gotta be your tailgate rig in the back there. The blue and yellow one with A/C hanging out the window? Nice.

CappinHard
December 8th, 2018, 10:10 PM
You are the one with so much confidence, you give me points. Bet is win/lose 1 year.

Like I said, I'm confident, not stupid. I'm well aware that SDSU will be at least a 7 point dog. Probably more.

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 10:15 PM
Like I said, I'm confident, not stupid. I'm well aware that SDSU will be at least a 7 point dog. Probably more.

so no bet? What happened to:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by CappinHard http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2727900#post2727900)

CappinHard
December 8th, 2018, 10:24 PM
so no bet? What happened to:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by CappinHard http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2727900#post2727900)

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?219772-Semifinal-5-South-Dakota-State-1-North-Dakota-State&p=2727970&viewfull=1#post2727970

cx500d
December 8th, 2018, 10:35 PM
You guys couldn’t muster more than 500 people. You wou,d embarrass the ncaa with your pathetic attendance and result in rule changes to ensure ndsu wins every year so that the stadium is guaranteed to be full.

cx500d
December 8th, 2018, 10:39 PM

Thats gotta be your tailgate rig in the back there. The blue and yellow one with A/C hanging out the window? Nice.
I saw that one today...I think it was abandoned in the old dakotah field parking lot after like the 20th straight loss to the bison.

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 10:48 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?219772-Semifinal-5-South-Dakota-State-1-North-Dakota-State&p=2727970&viewfull=1#post2727970

Excellent!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2018, 06:48 AM
You guys couldn’t muster more than 500 people. You wou,d embarrass the ncaa with your pathetic attendance and result in rule changes to ensure ndsu wins every year so that the stadium is guaranteed to be full.

SDSU would bring what Towson brought down in '13....around 1K people. Probably still be more Bison fans there....xlolx

MR. CHICKEN
December 9th, 2018, 08:02 AM

.......TURN-OUT....FO'....DUH DUQUESNE GAME.................AIR CONDITION'/SOUFF DAKOTAH...........OXYMORON.............AWK!

- - - Updated - - -

.......TURN-OUT....FO'....DUH DUQUESNE GAME.................AIR CONDITION'/SOUFF DAKOTAH...........OXYMORON.............AWK!

Southern Bison
December 9th, 2018, 08:22 AM
...but I'm not stupid.

You sure about that?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

POD Knows
December 9th, 2018, 08:34 AM
You guys couldn’t muster more than 500 people. You wou,d embarrass the ncaa with your pathetic attendance and result in rule changes to ensure ndsu wins every year so that the stadium is guaranteed to be full.SDSU plays South Dakota in basketball on the 6th of January, there is no way SDSU would get 500 people to go to Frisco when that important event is going on

CappinHard
December 9th, 2018, 08:52 AM
You sure about that?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ha, I'm a sucker for a bet, what can I say.

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2018, 09:46 AM
SDSU plays South Dakota in basketball on the 6th of January, there is no way SDSU would get 500 people to go to Frisco when that important event is going on

xlolx

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2018, 09:59 AM
SDSU plays South Dakota in basketball on the 6th of January, there is no way SDSU would get 500 people to go to Frisco when that important event is going on

Well you did know the USeD and SDSU are fans of each other.

POD Knows
December 9th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Well you did know the USeD and SDSU are fans of each other.Yea, I know they go to each others homecomings, which is beyond strange to me.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2018, 11:23 AM
Yea, I know they go to each others homecomings, which is beyond strange to me.

You'd never catch me at a GFCC homecoming unless the Bison were playing them. I have no idea why these #SouthernSpeed teams do that for each other? (Shout out to ST_Lawson for that tidbit of information). xlolx

BisonFanAnn
December 9th, 2018, 12:06 PM

Not enough Bunnies fans to fill Toyota Stadium. That's kinda sad.

cx500d
December 9th, 2018, 12:13 PM
Not enough Bunnies fans to fill Toyota Stadium. That's kinda sad.

It’ll be rabid rabbit and his 8 or 9 buddies that came to our joint watch party ....hey that’s a good idea - another DFW watch party?

geaux_sioux
December 9th, 2018, 02:14 PM
Yea, I know they go to each others homecomings, which is beyond strange to me.

Seriously? That is inconceivable.

cx500d
December 9th, 2018, 02:36 PM
Seriously? That is inconceivable.

They are so used to taking their sisters and cousins to the prom, its really pretty conceivable....