PDA

View Full Version : Presbyterian?

Little Stevie
December 2nd, 2018, 07:07 AM
Hello all,
Someone I know received "offer" from Presbyterian.
The positive is FCS level and competing talent .
What can anyone tell me about their school and FB?
They have gone thru kind of a tough time? They have changed their profile a couple of times?
League?
Future?

Let me know please.

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2018, 07:12 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29648&stc=1.......BRAWK!

Little Stevie
December 2nd, 2018, 07:43 AM
I have.
I am looking for someone with first or 2nd hand knowledge.
Thanks,you have been a big help.
You were probably the only male cheerleader at Delaware.

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2018, 07:43 AM
Hello all,
Someone I know received "offer" from Presbyterian.
The positive is FCS level and competing talent .
What can anyone tell me about their school and FB?
They have gone thru kind of a tough time? They have changed their profile a couple of times?
League?
Future?

Let me know please.Transitioning from D1 FCS Scholarship Football in the Big South Conference to D1 FCS Non-Scholarship Football in the Pioneer Football League (PFL). They are not offering Athletic Scholarships for Football at this time.

Yes, they have had financial challenges at the College & in the Athletic Department. They also have not been competitive in the Big South for quite some time. The move to the PFL is a good move for them, although many of their Alums are not happy about it. They handled communications about the transition very poorly and, perhaps, less than honestly, as they were seeking financial support for the program from their long-time donors.

One of my good friend’s son & one of my former HS players finished up there last year (2017), before the transition. Both were there 5 years & enjoyed the school; not so much the Football. One was an All-Conference Player on D & the other a career reserve on O / special teams kid. It was hard for them losing as much as the did as both were from Championship HS Programs. Their Offense has been very poor for years now, but the OC has ‘hung on’ despite a change at the HC position - promoted DC, who had been HC there in the past, left to be FBS DC & when that gig went south, returned to PC as DC for 1 year before HC was relieved & DC was promoted. I think that’s how it all went down - seemed kinda ‘sketchy’ to me. I understand he’s an old-school hard-nosed type.

Bottom Line - good school if one desires a very small, close-knit, family type environment in a small town AND they can get past their financial issues. Football - not very healthy, but move to PFL could put them on a better path, with better chance of competitive & fiscal success...maybe.

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2018, 07:47 AM
I have.
I am looking for someone with first or 2nd hand knowledge.
Thanks,you have been a big help.
You were probably the only male cheerleader at Delaware.

...DAT WASN'T VERAH NICE...STEVIE...........PROLLY......MANY YEARS.....UH LAST PLACE......ERODED.....YER PEOPLE SKILLS.........AWK!

Little Stevie
December 2nd, 2018, 08:59 AM
Thanks Fubear.
Chicken-look at the quality of his response vs. your snarky reply to "google".
If you do not have anything of merit to add,stay off the thread.
Pres does not have the exposure of a Delaware or a URI for that matter.
If any school would have questions around it ,it would be Pres..

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2018, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=Little Stevie;2723527]Thanks Fubear.
Chicken-look at the quality of his response vs. your snarky reply to "google".
If you do not have anything of merit to add,stay off the thread.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29651&stc=1....BRAWK!

katss07
December 2nd, 2018, 09:18 AM
Mr. Chicken ALWAYS has something of merit to add! Always

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2018, 09:24 AM
PC is definitely in the top centile of schools in SC, but right now it's not as good as Furman or Wofford (who I think are top two overall)

If academics are important to you, PC is a good place to be.

However, if you want more opportunities to achieve something in football or you want to be closer to civilization, and you're going to be "eating it" with no scholarship, being a walk on at another school would be worth it.

I will admit I don't have anything positive to say about PC because they were never in my top schools

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

gofurman
December 2nd, 2018, 09:52 AM
PC is definitely in the top centile of schools in SC, but right now it's not as good as Furman or Wofford (who I think are top two overall)

If academics are important to you, PC is a good place to be.

However, if you want more opportunities to achieve something in football or you want to be closer to civilization, and you're going to be "eating it" with no scholarship, being a walk on at another school would be worth it.

I will admit I don't have anything positive to say about PC because they were never in my top schools

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Much like YT

What i hear a lot is that PC is a great school. It is. small - some like that some don’t. . Thats the one thing a few friends didn’t like. Not a lot to do on weekends. Good pharmacy school they recently started and again strong academics! Not a ton to do in Clinton Vs a Furman or Wofford or CofC in Greenville or Spartanburg or Charleston

MTfan4life
December 2nd, 2018, 02:50 PM
I'm really much more of a Lutheran, to be honest. I did get married in a Presbyterian church, though, if that counts?

walliver
December 2nd, 2018, 06:55 PM
Presbyterian, or as the locals in "Clinnon" call it "PC College", has fallen in the many of the academic rankings as they have had to accept a few students they would not have taken previously due to their financial issues. That being said, the quality of education is still quite good for students who are academically inclined. Despite all the crowing you will here when a school does well in the rankings, they usually use metrics which do not really correspond to the quality of teaching or academic environment.

The Blue Hose will likely do well in the Pioneer. but still have a year or two left in their transition before they can play an all-Pioneer schedule, so there are a lot of looses to which to look forward.

Go...gate
December 2nd, 2018, 11:52 PM
Mr. Chicken ALWAYS has something of merit to add! Always

Damn well told. One of the very best posters EVER on this board.