PDA

View Full Version : Quarterfinal Start Times

dunbar
December 1st, 2018, 07:10 PM
Anybody have any info in regards to who is playing Friday? Are there two on Friday and two on Saturday or is it the one game Friday at 8?

kdinva
December 1st, 2018, 07:12 PM
https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/football/fcs/2018

the "blanks" will be filled in tomorrow.....

Bisonator
December 1st, 2018, 08:10 PM
Anybody have any info in regards to who is playing Friday? Are there two on Friday and two on Saturday or is it the one game Friday at 8?
There's one game Friday night and 3 games Saturday.

katss07
December 1st, 2018, 08:16 PM
I hope we get Maine/Weber on Friday Night in Ogden. A game between two teams that never play. ESPN broadcasted Weber St last year. And I would assume the crowd would be fine as the Wildcats have drawn well most of the year. Plus a beautiful setting.

NDSU/Colgate will be the noon game. Then Davis/UNI at EWU and SDSU at KSU.

I like that JMU isn’t here so ESPN will have to go somewhere new. JMU and NDSU each and every year gets old. Just IMHO.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2018, 08:29 PM
I hope we get Maine/Weber on Friday Night in Ogden. A game between two teams that never play. ESPN broadcasted Weber St last year. And I would assume the crowd would be fine as the Wildcats have drawn well most of the year. Plus a beautiful setting.

I like that JMU isn’t here so ESPN will have to go somewhere new. JMU and NDSU each and every year gets old. Just IMHO.

Great crowds always in the FD. Not too hard to figure out.

HootyHoo
December 1st, 2018, 09:49 PM
https://twitter.com/HEROSportsHerd/status/1069074112738455557

Green1
December 1st, 2018, 09:54 PM

I like that JMU isn’t here so ESPN will have to go somewhere new. NDSU each and every year gets old. Just IMHO.

Fixed your post.

MR. CHICKEN
December 1st, 2018, 10:13 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtYcecGWwAEWW4e.jpg

katss07
December 1st, 2018, 11:28 PM
Awesome! Of course poor UC Davis and EWU get the late afternoon time slot. Seems like EWU annually gets that time. Oh well, Maine vs Weber in Ogden should be FUN!

ST_Lawson
December 2nd, 2018, 12:09 AM
Wasn't sure where else to mention this...figured it didn't need it's own thread...
As I was putting together this week's MVFC "Week in Review" post for TheFCSWedge blog, I realized that all 8 seeded teams advanced this weekend to the quarterfinals round.
This is the first time that no non-seeded teams have made it to this round since they expanded past 16 teams in 2010. Prior to that they had 16 teams, but only seeded 1-4, so each of the 4 games had at least 1 unseeded team in them.
But essentially, every year for the last 8 years has had at least one non-seeded team in the quarterfinals...until this year.

Go...gate
December 2nd, 2018, 12:31 AM
Nice to see Colgate get a game on the main ESPN network.

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2018, 02:13 AM
Kinda surprised SDSU/Kennesaw wasn't picked for the Friday night game. NDSU was pretty much locked in as the 11AM CT kickoff on Saturday as the only game that'll draw more than 10k but I'm worried that our spoiled-ass fan base might not even put us above 15k for the game against a relatively "unknown" opponent in Colgate.

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2018, 06:54 AM
....LOOKS...LIKE....ESPN....HAS GROWN TIRED.....UH FEATURIN'.....DUH BIZONSSSSSS ON FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS........LOSIN'....WHAA FCS AUDIENCE DERE IS......LIKE 10 MINUTES.....AFTERAH KICK-OFF.......BRAWK!

Mayville Bison
December 2nd, 2018, 07:21 AM
....LOOKS...LIKE....ESPN....HAS GROWN TIRED.....UH FEATURIN'.....DUH BIZONSSSSSS ON FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS........LOSIN'....WHAA FCS AUDIENCE DERE IS......LIKE 10 MINUTES.....AFTERAH KICK-OFF.......BRAWK!

NDSU has gotten the Semifinal’s Friday slot and the Saturday morning Quarter’s slot for a while now.

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2018, 07:27 AM
NDSU has gotten the Semifinal’s Friday slot and the Saturday morning Quarter’s slot for a while now.

...YEAH....AH KNOW.....xrolleyesx....AWK!

Mayville Bison
December 2nd, 2018, 07:29 AM
...YEAH....AH KNOW.....xrolleyesx....AWK!

You know I even almost hit cancel....

KPSUL
December 2nd, 2018, 07:41 AM
all 8 seeded teams advanced this weekend to the quarterfinals round.
This is the first time that no non-seeded teams have made it to this round since they expanded past 16 teams in 2010.

I addition, 15 out 16 games played have been won by the home team. Duquesne is the only team to win a game on the road.

mainejeff
December 2nd, 2018, 07:48 AM
I addition, 15 out 16 games played have been won by the home team. Duquesne is the only team to win a game on the road.

I see 2...possibly 3 road teams winning this week.

hebmskebm
December 2nd, 2018, 08:47 AM
Awesome! Of course poor UC Davis and EWU get the late afternoon time slot. Seems like EWU annually gets that time. Oh well, Maine vs Weber in Ogden should be FUN!

ESPN does not want the blood field featured on their networks if they can help it.

KPSUL
December 3rd, 2018, 07:31 PM
I see 2...possibly 3 road teams winning this week.

I hope you are right about one of the road teams!

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2018, 07:38 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see that change this year if the Bison win on Saturday. The top TV spot in the semis has always been Friday night since that game was on ESPN2 and the Saturday game was on ESPNU. This year they "promoted" the Saturday game to ESPN2 so that might be the top TV spot now since Friday night is kind of a TV graveyard.

MR. CHICKEN
December 3rd, 2018, 07:43 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see that change this year if the Bison win on Saturday. The top TV spot in the semis has always been Friday night since that game was on ESPN2 and the Saturday game was on ESPNU. This year they "promoted" the Saturday game to ESPN2 so that might be the top TV spot now since Friday night is kind of a TV graveyard.

.....HAPPY HOUR..........WILL DO DAT............xbeerchugx...........AWK!