PDA

View Full Version : Griz player Ferriter back on field, possibly on MTV

Tailbone
April 5th, 2007, 10:12 PM
In most cases, college athletes would be thrilled to have a play of theirs make a show on MTV. Unless that show is MTV’s “Scarred,” which features some of the ugliest injuries and scars from around the country............

http://www.egriz.com/GrizPics2/albums/userpics/10001/normal_ferriter.jpg

Mike Ferriter said after suffering an injury like this there is a mental aspect that he has to deal with when stepping onto the field.

“I can still feel the injury so there’s definitely a mental factor that’s there and has to be dealt with,” he said.

Coach Hauck said so far from what he’s seen this spring, Ferriter is handling things well and he should be a big part of next year’s talented receiving corps that will be returning its top-five wide receivers.

Hopefully next year all the breaks will go his way.

http://www.montanakaimin.com/index.php/sports/sports_article/ferriter_back_on_field_possibly_on_mtv/

Tod
April 5th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Ewwwwwwww! xeekx

Never saw that pic. xsmhx

appfan2008
April 6th, 2007, 12:22 AM
that picture is truly disgusting actually... i could not imagine that ever happening to me

rokamortis
April 6th, 2007, 06:26 AM
that picture is truly disgusting actually... i could not imagine that ever happening to me

Me either. I watched Scarred a few weeks ago and after watching each injury I felt sick. They had a kid who had a similar injury like Ferriter but from a skateboarding accident.

Ronbo
April 6th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Ferriter's a tough kid. In 2005 he caught the ball got about 5 yard up field and was stopped by two Cal Poly players. He wouldn't go down but they had stopped his forward progress. A third Cal Poly player came flying in with a forearm to the face and shattered his jaw. He missed 3-4 games I think.

Here's the video of that Cal Poly game. Ferritter get's his jaw wacked at 13:00 of the 3rd Quarter.
http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2005_2006_an/Media/Football/2005_Audio_V/um-calpoly-2005.wmv

McNeese75
April 6th, 2007, 10:42 AM
It was pretty ugly in person as well :(

MplsBison
April 6th, 2007, 10:46 AM
At first I didn't see anything wrong with that picture.

Then I realized his arm wasn't bending at the elbow.

xeekx xeekx xeekx

No_Skill
April 6th, 2007, 12:32 PM
At first I didn't see anything wrong with that picture.

Then I realized his arm wasn't bending at the elbow.

xeekx xeekx xeekx

Yep, same here. I was looking at his legs trying to figure out what the injury was. That's gotta hurt. xsmhx

mtgrizfan4life
April 6th, 2007, 02:39 PM
It was even worse being right there live. My stomach turned and there were many U's, Awes, and painful looking faces when it happened. I rank it right up there with Theismanns injury, Jason Kendall's, and any other you have seen.

I hope griznation sees Fearless Ferriter again this year. He is Griz version of Bill McCaffrey (sp?). I cannot wait to see Ferriter return, hell cannot wait for football season. Why oh why is the offseason longer than the regular season in football? Then again, the other sports last way too long. Two more months of football would be sweet though.

CopperCat
April 6th, 2007, 03:33 PM
When did that happen? Was that last season or the one before?

Nasty picture though! Makes you almost lose your cookies!

The Grizzoulian
April 6th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Some classic kaimin reporting...

mtgrizfan4life
April 6th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Broken jaw was in 05. Arm break was in 06. Both injuries were bad. Arm break though was a "freak" injury. Clean hit, just playing hard and somehow his arm ended up with ugliest break I have ever seen. The hit that broke his jaw was kind of a dirty play though.

CopperCat
April 6th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Broken jaw was in 05. Arm break was in 06. Both injuries were bad. Arm break though was a "freak" injury. Clean hit, just playing hard and somehow his arm ended up with ugliest break I have ever seen. The hit that broke his jaw was kind of a dirty play though.

Who put the hit on him that broke his jaw? Any injury to the head like a broken jaw just sounds like a dirty hit.

AZGrizFan
April 6th, 2007, 04:27 PM
When did that happen? Was that last season or the one before?

Nasty picture though! Makes you almost lose your cookies!

I believe that was in the McNeese playoff game.... xeekx xeekx

DaGriz
April 6th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Who put the hit on him that broke his jaw? Any injury to the head like a broken jaw just sounds like a dirty hit.

That was the Cal Poly game and in my opinion it was just wrong place wrong time. It didn't look intentional.

Sundown
April 7th, 2007, 03:52 PM
I'm sending that kid some Calcium supplements for summer conditioning.