PDA

View Full Version : 2018-12/01 AGS GOTW Week 14 (2nd Round)...and "How to Post a Poll" Reminder

Preferred Walk-On
November 26th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Below is this weekend's slate of playoff games. Yes, it's the playoffs, and yes, they are all good. But which one is your GOTW and why?

Montana State @ #1 North Dakota State

Southeast Missouri State @ #2 Weber State

Nicholls State @ #3 Eastern Washington

Wofford @ #4 Kennesaw State

Duquesne @ #5 South Dakota State

Northern Iowa @ #6 California-Davis

Jacksonville State @ #7 Maine

James Madison @ #8 Colgate

-----

Also, this is just a friendly reminder of how to post a poll:

1. Click on Post New Thread.
2. Enter Title and Body of thread.
3. Scroll down further on page to "Additional Options", and the last additional option is "Post a Poll".
4. Click the box to "Create a poll..." and enter the number of options.
5. Once you click "Submit New Thread", you will be directed to another page to complete entry of the poll (this is why there is always a delay between thread submission and poll appearance).
6. Once redirected, you may adjust number of poll options (if necessary), enter the choices, select number of days you wish poll to be open, and select whether to make votes public.
7. Once you click "Submit New Poll", the poll will appear for that thread...and you have now made everyone's day (maybe)! xdrunkyx

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2018, 10:49 AM
I posted it in the General forum but probably not too may people check that very often but it's easy to create a poll for a thread even after it's created (if you're the thread creator). Just open up the first page of the thread you created, click the "Thread Tools" in the upper right portion of the page (right below the page number and navigation buttons), and choose "Add a Poll to this Thread...". After that you can set the poll type, options, and timeout in the page that comes up. Click "Submit New Poll" when you're done and it should show up.

That's through the website... I don't use tapatalk so not sure if there's a way to do it there but if there is I would guess it would be a different process.

Oh... and I've got JMU/Colgate as my pick for GOTW.

Bison56
November 26th, 2018, 11:40 AM
I went the JMU vs Colgate.

MR. CHICKEN
November 26th, 2018, 01:11 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29583&stc=1.............IT'S DUH PLAY-OFFS............ALL GAMES UH WEEK......xsighxxsighxxsighxxsighxxsighxxsighxxsig hxxsighx....BRAWK!

Preferred Walk-On
November 26th, 2018, 01:38 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29583&stc=1.............IT'S DUH PLAY-OFFS............ALL GAMES UH WEEK......xsighxxsighxxsighxxsighxxsighxxsighxxsig hxxsighx....BRAWK!

But some more than others. I'm pretty sure that those bored with NDSU will not consider Montana State @ North Dakota State the GOTW. xsmiley_wixxbeerchugx

- - - Updated - - -

But some more than others. I'm pretty sure that those bored with NDSU will not consider Montana State @ North Dakota State the GOTW. xsmiley_wixxbeerchugx

semobison
November 26th, 2018, 01:43 PM
I picked JMU-Colgate. It has the makings of a classic old school defensive battle.
Kennesaw State-Wofford would be my 2nd choice. Forget the passing game, the team that runs the football better should win.

jmu007
November 26th, 2018, 01:51 PM
I voted for JMU @ Colgate because it can answer the most questions about both teams IMO. I feel like I know who everyone else is for most part.

maine612
November 26th, 2018, 04:22 PM
I picked Maine vs JSU ... homer pick... not a ton of people thinking Maine will win. We'll see. I am confident in holding serve at home. JSU is going to get hit. I expect a close battle throughout and Maine winning late. Could end up being the biggest "upset" of the day.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2018, 05:44 PM
Kennesaw and Wofford for me.

Two option teams battling it out. Time to see if Kennesaw can step up and win a game against a good opponent.

ElCid
November 26th, 2018, 06:25 PM
Three good games.

JMU/Colgate
KSU/Wofford
JSU/Maine

The first two are are very interesting to see if KSU and Colgate are really good or if they just look good beating up easy opponents. I don't think that, but it will be nice to have some hard contrary data. Likewise, has Maine skated by not playing the cream of the CAA.

I think I may have to turn my back on the Wofford/KSU game as much as I love the option shootout, and go with the defensive fight up in Hamilton.

ST_Lawson
November 26th, 2018, 06:36 PM
I picked Maine vs JSU ... homer pick... not a ton of people thinking Maine will win. We'll see. I am confident in holding serve at home. JSU is going to get hit. I expect a close battle throughout and Maine winning late. Could end up being the biggest "upset" of the day.

I think it's less about not picking Maine to win, but more that there's a high likelihood that there'll be at least one upset by an unseeded team over a seeded team and the highest chance of an unseeded team beating a seeded team is probably either JSU over Maine or JMU over Colgate. Both of them have the potential to be close, exciting games. Maine could for sure win the game, but I think JSU has a decent chance.

uni88
November 26th, 2018, 06:39 PM
I think it's less about not picking Maine to win, but more that there's a high likelihood that there'll be at least one upset by an unseeded team over a seeded team and the highest chance of an unseeded team beating a seeded team is probably either JSU over Maine or JMU over Colgate. Both of them have the potential to be close, exciting games. Maine could for sure win the game, but I think JSU has a decent chance.

That's why I picked it.

Gil Dobie
November 27th, 2018, 09:26 AM
Ankle Biters vs Mountain Landis

JMU should be able to beat Colgate easily. Should have been a high seed in the first place.

Daytripper
November 27th, 2018, 09:29 AM
Somebody should post a poll for "most likely upset" or "seed most likely to lose" of the week.

Preferred Walk-On
November 27th, 2018, 09:36 AM
Somebody should post a poll for "most likely upset" or "seed most likely to lose" of the week.

I think this is what you are looking for...http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?218642-Which-Seeds-Get-Bounced.

Daytripper
November 27th, 2018, 09:48 AM
I think this is what you are looking for...http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?218642-Which-Seeds-Get-Bounced.

Thank you, sir. xthumbsupx

Preferred Walk-On
November 30th, 2018, 05:17 PM
Last chance. Happy 2nd round weekend!

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2018, 05:21 PM

Your FOOTBALL team hits?

Shocked.

Truly.

Someone should tell Coach Grass ASAP.