PDA

View Full Version : Nicholls St @ #3 Eastern Washington

EdubAlum
November 25th, 2018, 04:03 AM
Looking forward to this game. EWU still owes them an L from 2004...

Hood
November 25th, 2018, 04:48 AM
Looking forward to this game. EWU still owes them an L from 2004...
We've been talking about that game on FB (me and some fellow former students). No one gave us a chance in that game and I think y'all had a future NFL QB on the roster at the time (Meyer?). If I recall correctly the weather was TERRIBLE so there was no heat advantage, just sloppy pre-turf muck and mud. The worst. I never did know how our undermanned squad pulled that out their rear. They were less than a month removed from 20+ players and a head coach being expelled and fired respectively.

14 years later y'all are the heaviest of heavy favorites, I'd presume when the lines come out. Common sense dictates this. I've been dreaming of the day I could see the Colonels playing on red turf, an away game covered in snow will do, for now.

I'm a fan, but I'm a realist. There's literally nothing to gain from obnoxious trash talk (unless it is against the Demons from NWST BOO HISS! I kid! maybe :) ). In the late 90s Nicholls did knock off #2 Troy, at home. Probably the highest ranked FCS team they've ever won against. And all those years McNeese was ranked top 5 and we had to go get our annual spanking, that always sucked.

So this is a team with a history of losing to ranked opponents but never say never. We have an unusually high level of competitiveness against FBS teams since 01. I think the count is now at 4 that we've beaten and several others we took to the wire (and of course several other drubbings).

Best of luck to everyone. Hope no one gets hurt. Hope no one gets hypothermia or frostbite. I don't know how big of crowd Nicholls will bring, but hopefully everyone travels save - and the same to the EWU fans. Hoping for a win the most. They should come out with confidence and ready to compete. Whatever the final spread, it won't be for a lack of effort.

What's the name of this message board again? :)

BisonBacker
November 25th, 2018, 06:09 AM
No Poll? xsmhx

bonarae
November 25th, 2018, 06:52 AM
Predicted margin of the score? I'm thinking EWU marches on by 3 scores.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2018, 07:30 AM
Predicted margin of the score? I'm thinking EWU marches on by 3 scores.

EWU 49-14

kalm
November 25th, 2018, 07:32 AM
We've been talking about that game on FB (me and some fellow former students). No one gave us a chance in that game and I think y'all had a future NFL QB on the roster at the time (Meyer?). If I recall correctly the weather was TERRIBLE so there was no heat advantage, just sloppy pre-turf muck and mud. The worst. I never did know how our undermanned squad pulled that out their rear. They were less than a month removed from 20+ players and a head coach being expelled and fired respectively.

14 years later y'all are the heaviest of heavy favorites, I'd presume when the lines come out. Common sense dictates this. I've been dreaming of the day I could see the Colonels playing on red turf, an away game covered in snow will do, for now.

I'm a fan, but I'm a realist. There's literally nothing to gain from obnoxious trash talk (unless it is against the Demons from NWST BOO HISS! I kid! maybe :) ). In the late 90s Nicholls did knock off #2 Troy, at home. Probably the highest ranked FCS team they've ever won against. And all those years McNeese was ranked top 5 and we had to go get our annual spanking, that always sucked.

So this is a team with a history of losing to ranked opponents but never say never. We have an unusually high level of competitiveness against FBS teams since 01. I think the count is now at 4 that we've beaten and several others we took to the wire (and of course several other drubbings).

Best of luck to everyone. Hope no one gets hurt. Hope no one gets hypothermia or frostbite. I don't know how big of crowd Nicholls will bring, but hopefully everyone travels save - and the same to the EWU fans. Hoping for a win the most. They should come out with confidence and ready to compete. Whatever the final spread, it won't be for a lack of effort.

What's the name of this message board again? :)

Good post. Fourcade is a gamer. I thought heading into the playoffs that you guys have the potential to make some noise. I expect this to be low scoring and competitive.

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2018, 08:23 AM
Don't know if the Colonels have the defense for this one. EWU has probably the best offense in FCS. The key will be ball control and scoring on every drive they can if you're Nicholls

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2018, 08:25 AM
I like Fourcade and it seemed like he was just responding to some smack talk from San Diego late in that game, kid is a player but Nicholls D will not be able to hold E Washinton down....... high scoring affair coming up

Daytripper
November 25th, 2018, 10:21 AM
Upset alert: Nicholls 52 EWU 49

ming01
November 25th, 2018, 11:41 AM
EWU by 14

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2018, 11:45 AM
I think EWU and Nicholls are two of the top seems on their side of the bracket. EWU should be the favorite because they're at home but I don't see them being so by more than 7-10 points. I've been touting NSU for the majority of the year and I don't plan on stopping now. These were two of the hottest teams in the country the last month of the season. The winner has a great chance to make it to Frisco imo.

katss07
November 25th, 2018, 11:52 AM
Upset. I think Nicholls wins and marches on.

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2018, 12:59 PM
CAA officiating crew in this game according to refstripes (http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?topic=14211.0). Last week a CAA crew officiated the Lamar/UNI game.

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2018, 02:51 PM
Team stats comparison for this matchup:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4815/45136338675_1e45a5b659_z.jpg

CockyGeek
November 25th, 2018, 04:13 PM
EWU will steamroll Nicholls, sew them back together, and do it again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

cx500d
November 25th, 2018, 04:16 PM
EWU will steamroll Nicholls, sew them back together, and do it again.

Kinda like Nicholls sewed USD back together good enough to rattle off 20 unanswered points?

CockyGeek
November 25th, 2018, 04:19 PM
I mean, it might be 75-45 or something.

Bisonwinagn
November 25th, 2018, 05:11 PM
49-17 EWU

Screamin_Eagle174
November 25th, 2018, 05:35 PM
45-24 Eagles

Iridebikes
November 25th, 2018, 07:48 PM
Saw Nicholls State for the first time yesterday. OK. Starting to look like weather may be miserable, cold and wet if not snowy. EWU's run game by the numbers is better and their defense does not give up many points considering the opportunities that the opponents have. EWU by 17 points, 34-17

KPSUL
November 25th, 2018, 10:12 PM
This game has great candidates for the Playoff Pick'em contest highest winner and loser score bonus questions.

kalm
November 26th, 2018, 07:20 AM
This game has great candidates for the Playoff Pick'em contest highest winner and loser score bonus questions.

Two top 20 scoring defenses?

clawman
November 26th, 2018, 07:40 AM
Congratulations Colonels on your round 1 victory, sorry it will have to end in the snow and rain!!! Brrrrr
This is not your old Eagles defense, 20 points may be a big day for you. I did not see enough speed to score more than that.
Offensively the Eagles are VERY balanced to the point where we could be considered a running team able to break the big one every down. 50 is not out of the question for the Eagles.
Welcome to Cheney!

GreatDayToBeAnEagle
November 26th, 2018, 09:59 AM
EWU - 62
Nicholls - 21

BayouColonel
November 26th, 2018, 10:33 AM
Long time reader. Long time Colonel fan. Haven't posted in years. I couldn't help but reply though when I saw a prediction of 62 points for EWU. That's just crazy. I'm not predicting an upset but there's no way the Eagles hang 62 on Nicholls D. Not even in a blizzard. Anyone who believes that just doesn't know a thing about this football team. Ridiculously crazy. These are two very good football teams and I expect a very competitive game. EWU has the advantage because of the home field. That's to be expected though. An upset here would not be unimaginable. Should be a very interesting game and I hope our guys are prepared for the cold weather.

kalm
November 26th, 2018, 11:16 AM
Long time reader. Long time Colonel fan. Haven't posted in years. I couldn't help but reply though when I saw a prediction of 62 points for EWU. That's just crazy. I'm not predicting an upset but there's no way the Eagles hang 62 on Nicholls D. Not even in a blizzard. Anyone who believes that just doesn't know a thing about this football team. Ridiculously crazy. These are two very good football teams and I expect a very competitive game. EWU has the advantage because of the home field. That's to be expected though. An upset here would not be unimaginable. Should be a very interesting game and I hope our guys are prepared for the cold weather.

I know Nicholls can hang. I don't care how bad Kansas is, when you have the athletes to beat a P5, you can beat anyone in FCS. Fourcade is experienced and they have a top 10 in FCS TFL guy in Veron.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2018, 01:18 PM
No Poll? xsmhx

Agree, we need a poll on this one.

Edub, here is some help on adding one. Please do so if you could. Would be interesting to see the results on this one and see how heavily favored EWU might be according to AGS.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?219024-Edit-Thread-to-Create-a-Poll&p=2718854&viewfull=1#post2718854

EdubAlum
November 26th, 2018, 01:27 PM
No Poll? xsmhx

There you go :)

- - - Updated - - -

Agree, we need a poll on this one.

Edub, here is some help on adding one. Please do so if you could. Would be interesting to see the results on this one and see how heavily favored EWU might be according to AGS.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?219024-Edit-Thread-to-Create-a-Poll&p=2718854&viewfull=1#post2718854

Done :)

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2018, 01:37 PM
There you go :)

- - - Updated - - -

Done :)

Nice work my man. I got some voting to do.

Hood
November 26th, 2018, 01:48 PM
As they say in Louisiana, "Vote early and vote often."

Red & Black
November 26th, 2018, 08:06 PM
Nicholls looks like a solid all around team. Should be a great game on Saturday.

Ivytalk
November 26th, 2018, 08:39 PM
EWU by 14
By 17+.

kalm
November 26th, 2018, 08:52 PM
By 17+.

Nice to see you supporting the Harvard of the Palouse! xthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2018, 09:18 PM
Nice to see you supporting the Harvard of the Palouse! xthumbsupxThe Cougs? xlolx

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

kalm
November 26th, 2018, 09:47 PM
The Cougs? xlolx

You can go directly to hell for that one, KP. xsmhx

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2018, 09:49 PM
You can go directly to hell for that one, KP. xsmhxAnd do not pass go and do not collect $200?

I only said that since my cousin played their for men's basketball for 4 years.

kalm
November 26th, 2018, 09:51 PM
And do not pass go and do not collect $200?

xthumbsupx

EdubAlum
November 26th, 2018, 10:35 PM

That's 4x as long as LaVar Ball did!

Go...gate
November 26th, 2018, 11:13 PM
Eastern Washington by a couple of TDs.

Daytripper
November 27th, 2018, 06:30 AM
Nice work my man. I got some voting to do.

I wonder if Nicholls gets more votes than Duquesne did v. Towson??

https://media1.giphy.com/media/SmVssSVbuGbGU/giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bfd388e5472466263ba73a5

TheKingpin28
November 27th, 2018, 07:39 AM
That's 4x as long as LaVar Ball did!At the end of the day, you always got to remember to stay in your lane.

Outsider1
November 27th, 2018, 08:16 AM
Does this comment get deleted too ?

Daytripper
November 27th, 2018, 08:45 AM
Are gifs no longer allowed?

100%GRIZ
November 27th, 2018, 09:23 AM
The only thing I am worried about in this game is that it is snowing hard enough to cover that horrid red field!

Blazerbird
November 27th, 2018, 01:01 PM
Maybe worry about hosting another playoff game instead.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 27th, 2018, 01:24 PM
I wonder if Nicholls gets more votes than Duquesne did v. Towson??

https://media1.giphy.com/media/SmVssSVbuGbGU/giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bfd388e5472466263ba73a5

Who knows...I guess they are called upsets because they are not always happening and are less likely. Hope it is a good game. I like Nicholls due to a meeting of a friend from there named Bubba back in 1995 and have always followed them a bit since then.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 27th, 2018, 01:26 PM
Does this comment get deleted too ?

When did you get a comment deleted? What was it. I can go check mod logs and see if anything you posted was deleted so you should check your own history and make sure it wasn't just posted on another thread.

semobison
November 27th, 2018, 01:48 PM
The only thing I am worried about in this game is that it is snowing hard enough to cover that horrid red field!

When it snows the field actually turns pink!

kalm
November 27th, 2018, 03:22 PM
When it snows the field actually turns pink!

Not really...

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_620/public/fieldimages/1/0903/0b52dxj0kvwfrn3otsewybwt4muk.jpg?itok=rvYcVTVm

Ok...maybe a little...but it's still gorgeous!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzWHjb7UkAAPsGx.jpg

EdubAlum
November 27th, 2018, 03:58 PM
Not really...

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_620/public/fieldimages/1/0903/0b52dxj0kvwfrn3otsewybwt4muk.jpg?itok=rvYcVTVm

haha I see what you did there. Ruthless, but then again, they're 2-0 against us since then.

Bearkats94
November 27th, 2018, 03:58 PM
Dang y'all stadium is smaller than our 2A high school stadium. How many people does it hold?

Outsider1
November 27th, 2018, 04:17 PM
When did you get a comment deleted? What was it. I can go check mod logs and see if anything you posted was deleted so you should check your own history and make sure it wasn't just posted on another thread.

I thought I had posted a reply back to Hood yesterday or the day before just saying I thought Nicholls had a chance, but would be a tough game. My mind has a lot more cobwebs than it used to though...

kalm
November 27th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Dang y'all stadium is smaller than our 2A high school stadium. How many people does it hold?

8700. 11-12k with overflow and temp bleachers. We’ve averaged more in attendance than SHSU.

(And yes, the vistor’s side sucks).

Bearkats94
November 27th, 2018, 04:43 PM
8700. 11-12k with overflow and temp bleachers. We’ve averaged more in attendance than SHSU.

(And yes, the vistor’s side sucks).

I guess the home side is a lot bigger. That home side is about the side of the two A school I went to. We had about 100 in the hold high school.

If you can believe it Sam's attendance was even worst when I first came to Sam. One game was maybe 500-1000.xeyebrowx

kalm
November 27th, 2018, 05:25 PM
I guess the home side is a lot bigger. That home side is about the side of the two A school I went to. We had about 100 in the hold high school.

If you can believe it Sam's attendance was even worst when I first came to Sam. One game was maybe 500-1000.xeyebrowx

Same here, man. I can remember pulling up 30 minutes before kickoff and having the run of the place. Now you can’t get a tailgate spot within a mile. Cool to see the progression.

Red & Black
November 27th, 2018, 06:25 PM

Damn, it’s like that?!?

katss07
November 27th, 2018, 06:45 PM
haha I see what you did there. Ruthless, but then again, they're 2-0 against us since then.
Shhh, take it and run with it!

Grizalltheway
November 27th, 2018, 06:58 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/sxF61J3H/zyaipd.jpg

katss07
November 27th, 2018, 07:05 PM
I’d rather go up to your high school stadium to win a playoff game. Red turf or green field, all we do is win! 35-34 ring a bell? xsmiley_wix

EWU always draws well and I have respect for that. Playoffs kind of depends on the weather it seems like. Still comes off as a good fanbase with a dedicated group. Hope some Colonel fans make the trip.

FCS attendance depends highly on team success. I’ve been to sellouts with crowds of 13k as well as crowds of no more than 1200 over the past decade at Bowers. Only a few teams stay consistent.

Hood
November 27th, 2018, 11:37 PM
Same here, man. I can remember pulling up 30 minutes before kickoff and having the run of the place. Now you can’t get a tailgate spot within a mile. Cool to see the progression.Actually have had the problem with Nicholls games of late. I used to have a specific spot near the band hall that I'd grab consistently for YEARS 15 minutes before pre-game.

Now it's closer to the library.

EdubAlum
November 28th, 2018, 01:44 PM
I’d rather go up to your high school stadium to win a playoff game. Red turf or green field, all we do is win! 35-34 ring a bell? xsmiley_wix

EWU always draws well and I have respect for that. Playoffs kind of depends on the weather it seems like. Still comes off as a good fanbase with a dedicated group. Hope some Colonel fans make the trip.

FCS attendance depends highly on team success. I’ve been to sellouts with crowds of 13k as well as crowds of no more than 1200 over the past decade at Bowers. Only a few teams stay consistent.

35-56 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400548974) sure rings a bell to me, as does "We're going to teach them how we play football in Texas" :D

Bearkats94
November 28th, 2018, 06:55 PM
Same here, man. I can remember pulling up 30 minutes before kickoff and having the run of the place. Now you can’t get a tailgate spot within a mile. Cool to see the progression.

That’s no joke. I wish we had these smart phones back then to take pictures what it was like. The crickets and I enjoyed several games together as long as they stayed out of my drinks.

Bearkats94
November 28th, 2018, 06:59 PM

I still have that game on VHS tape. Boy the was the nail biter of a game. I may have to dig that sucker out again.

Rjones61
November 29th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Just finally went through and watched the Nicholls vs San Diego game.

EWU is going to have their way on offense. EWU is by far the most potent offense Nicholls has seen all year.

Hats off to Nicholls, though. Their offense is nothing to balk at. Fourcade is an impressive pocket passer and can pick apart a lot of FCS teams. Their runningback crew compliment each other well and I'm seeing Dontrell Taylor is averaging 7.5 yards per carry (very nice!). In Eastern's case, our receivers tend to make our quarterbacks look better than they are. I think the opposite is true for Fourcade. I didn't see a lot of stand out talent in Nicholls receiving corp, but Fourcade put it just the right place very often.

If EWU can slow Nicholls RB's without sacrificing the secondary (easier said than done) EWU will win this easily and by a wide margin. If Nicholl's balanced offensive attack expose EWU (easier said than done, EWU has a defense this year), then this could turn into a boat race. Thankfully for EWU, our defense usually struggles against mobile QBs, but I didn't see much elusive scrambling from Fourcade. Maybe a Nicholl's fan could prove me wrong, but he didn't seem that mobile.

katss07
November 29th, 2018, 04:24 PM
35-56 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400548974) sure rings a bell to me, as does "We're going to teach them how we play football in Texas" :D
I’ll take our 2 playoff wins (don’t forget 2012!) over a regular season win, although we have that covered too!

Outside of that season opener at Roos, the Kats/Eagles series has been full of nail biting wins and losses.

Rjones61
November 29th, 2018, 05:11 PM
I’ll take our 2 playoff wins (don’t forget 2012!) over a regular season win, although we have that covered too!

Outside of that season opener at Roos, the Kats/Eagles series has been full of nail biting wins and losses.

What happened to SHSU this year? Will they be back on top of the Southland next year, or are a few rebuild years in order?

Daytripper
November 29th, 2018, 05:33 PM
What happened to SHSU this year? Will they be back on top of the Southland next year, or are a few rebuild years in order?

What went wrong: Unsettled QB situation early in the season. Stuck with the Dare too long. When we finally went to Brock, I feel like after the newness wore off defenses adjusted to him and our OC had no ability to change to a scheme that is more conducive to his skill set (RPO). Also, our offensive line was absolutely decimated by injuries. I think we lost at least 4 starters for a significant period of time. Also, we are young. So, yes, I think we will be better next season.

On the bright side, our defense played better than it has in the last few years.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 29th, 2018, 05:56 PM
Just finally went through and watched the Nicholls vs San Diego game.

EWU is going to have their way on offense. EWU is by far the most potent offense Nicholls has seen all year.

Hats off to Nicholls, though. Their offense is nothing to balk at. Fourcade is an impressive pocket passer and can pick apart a lot of FCS teams. Their runningback crew compliment each other well and I'm seeing Dontrell Taylor is averaging 7.5 yards per carry (very nice!). In Eastern's case, our receivers tend to make our quarterbacks look better than they are. I think the opposite is true for Fourcade. I didn't see a lot of stand out talent in Nicholls receiving corp, but Fourcade put it just the right place very often.

If EWU can slow Nicholls RB's without sacrificing the secondary (easier said than done) EWU will win this easily and by a wide margin. If Nicholl's balanced offensive attack expose EWU (easier said than done, EWU has a defense this year), then this could turn into a boat race. Thankfully for EWU, our defense usually struggles against mobile QBs, but I didn't see much elusive scrambling from Fourcade. Maybe a Nicholl's fan could prove me wrong, but he didn't seem that mobile.

Doesn't EWU have 3 defensive starters out for this game?

The more I watch Nicholls games, the more I think they have a chance in Cheney.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 29th, 2018, 05:57 PM
What went wrong: Unsettled QB situation early in the season. Stuck with the Dare too long. When we finally went to Brock, I feel like after the newness wore off defenses adjusted to him and our OC had no ability to change to a scheme that is more conducive to his skill set (RPO). Also, our offensive line was absolutely decimated by injuries. I think we lost at least 4 starters for a significant period of time. Also, we are young. So, yes, I think we will be better next season.

On the bright side, our defense played better than it has in the last few years.

One of the best defenses I have watched play against the Bison....probably the best one....was the SHSU defense in '11. They were very good.

cx500d
November 29th, 2018, 06:13 PM

Ewu hasn’t had the pleasure of a national runner up T-shirt yet...they only have a national champions T-shirt

NDSU1980
November 29th, 2018, 06:38 PM
Ewu by 24.

katss07
November 29th, 2018, 06:42 PM
Ewu hasn’t had the pleasure of a national runner up T-shirt yet...they only have a national champions T-shirt
Thats ok maybe they’ll get that prize this year.

Rjones61
November 29th, 2018, 08:40 PM

Two are questionable, which usually means they will be out. Pretty big blow.

The only way I see Nicholls winning this game is in a shootout. Their defense won't look too sharp lined up against our offense. EWU hasn't allowed a shootout yet, so we will have to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats ok maybe they’ll get that prize this year.

We will probably make another "what if" story xdrunkyx

Red & Black
November 29th, 2018, 10:49 PM

We do, to include both starting safeties and a starting defensive end. The kicker/punter is also questionale for this game...not sure what’s up with that. I also agree that Nicholls has a chance. It should be a competitive game.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2018, 06:06 AM
Nicholls just not going to be able to score enough points to stay in it, but looking forward to a pretty interesting playoff game.....

Daytripper
November 30th, 2018, 08:56 AM
One of the best defenses I have watched play against the Bison....probably the best one....was the SHSU defense in '11. They were very good.

I feel like that was a previous lifetime... None of our defenses after that has come close to that one.

MSUBobcat
November 30th, 2018, 10:52 AM
We do, to include both starting safeties and a starting defensive end. The kicker/punter is also questionale for this game...not sure what’s up with that. I also agree that Nicholls has a chance. It should be a competitive game.

Wish I had read this thread before doing my pick 'em. Wouldn't change my overall pick but possibly one of the bonus questions. Oh well.

AmsterBison
November 30th, 2018, 11:19 AM

Yeah, SHSU's defense was stout. NDSU only had 9 first downs and 235 yards in that game compared to 17 first downs and 450+ yards against Georgia Southern (including 300+ yards rushing) in the semis.

Daytripper
November 30th, 2018, 11:38 AM
Yeah, SHSU's defense was stout. NDSU only had 9 first downs and 235 yards in that game compared to 17 first downs and 450+ yards against Georgia Southern (including 300+ yards rushing) in the semis.

Your defense was better. That was the difference.

ysubigred
November 30th, 2018, 12:11 PM
Oh how I miss EWU's red turf xthumbsupx

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/SEe6gDWYbgs/maxresdefault.jpg

Red & Black
November 30th, 2018, 12:35 PM
Oh how I miss EWU's red turf xthumbsupx

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/SEe6gDWYbgs/maxresdefault.jpg

Motivation. xthumbsupx

ysubigred
November 30th, 2018, 01:48 PM
Motivation. xthumbsupx
Your fans were good sports to say the least xthumbsupx

https://media.spokesman.com/photos/2016/12/17/SRX_ewuark_041_TT_t1140.jpg?abf36d44fcda22a1f70411 62086f31df6a374511

Hood
December 1st, 2018, 04:15 PM
Cool little defensive stop turns into a TD for the Colonels. I have to leave in 45 minutes for a night shift so I'm going to miss a good hour of the game.

Bison56
December 1st, 2018, 04:44 PM
I thought EW defense was good?

lionsrking2
December 1st, 2018, 04:46 PM
EWU looks slow

McNeese75
December 1st, 2018, 04:48 PM
EWU looks slow

Come on now Lion, that sounds like you are insinuating something about southern speed. xeyebrowx

lionsrking2
December 1st, 2018, 04:49 PM
Come on now Lion, that sounds like you are insinuating something about southern speed. xeyebrowx

In this case, it is a very real thing.

Outsider1
December 1st, 2018, 04:51 PM
Just now getting a chance to tune in, but Nicholls seems to have things under control on the red turf....

Daytripper
December 1st, 2018, 04:53 PM
Just tuned in to the game. Uhhhh.... interesting.

lionsrking2
December 1st, 2018, 04:56 PM
This one may be over by halftime. EWU sucks.

katss07
December 1st, 2018, 04:57 PM
Only good game right now, looks like the Colonels are playing well. Where is FUGamebreaker?

Outsider1
December 1st, 2018, 05:00 PM
I'm sure he is lurking, but doesn't really matter....

Lorne_Malvo
December 1st, 2018, 05:01 PM
Targeting reversed. It was targeting by rule. Bad call.

Grizalltheway
December 1st, 2018, 05:02 PM
This ref doesn't strike me as the brightest bulb in the box.

Outsider1
December 1st, 2018, 05:04 PM

Conflicted on that one, I like to see them be able to play hard, but yes, probably was technically targeting.

Daytripper
December 1st, 2018, 05:05 PM

Disagree. I don't think it was the crown. His face was up and the top part of the mask hit the player. Good reverse.

Outsider1
December 1st, 2018, 05:13 PM
Thought there was some holding by EWU on that QB run, but Nicholls takes care of that issue by recovering the fumbe on the next play.

Daytripper
December 1st, 2018, 05:14 PM
Not sure if EWU is that bad or Nicholls is that good. Maybe Rebowe is winning the coaching battle?

katss07
December 1st, 2018, 05:17 PM
Not sure if EWU is that bad or Nicholls is that good. Maybe Rebowe is winning the coaching battle?
Nicholls is that good. This is a Top 10 FCS team no doubt in my mind.

Outsider1
December 1st, 2018, 05:19 PM
Nicholls is that good.

ddmann
December 1st, 2018, 05:21 PM
That's the luckiest TD ever on the pad.

MTfan4life
December 1st, 2018, 05:21 PM
Well that's a momentum switch. Uffda.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2018, 05:22 PM
oh my.....back breaker

McNeese75
December 1st, 2018, 05:22 PM
Now we got a game.

Outsider1
December 1st, 2018, 05:23 PM
Wow, EWU taking it back to the house. That was focused purpose there...

Daytripper
December 1st, 2018, 05:23 PM
Wow.

JayJ79
December 1st, 2018, 05:25 PM
would be a violation in rugby (a "knock on"). don't know if that translates to american football, though.

Daytripper
December 1st, 2018, 05:28 PM
Now we got a game.

Do we? Nicholls has dominated. I think they finish it in the second half.

Schism55
December 1st, 2018, 05:30 PM
EWU with 2 drive killing turnovers...they knock those off they win imo

katss07
December 1st, 2018, 05:56 PM
Eagles offense finally gets in...17-14 EWU.

Nicholls needs a response. Come on Fourcade.

Outsider1
December 1st, 2018, 05:56 PM
That was a nice catch!

Daytripper
December 1st, 2018, 05:57 PM
Alright Nicholls. You gotta man up.

Outsider1
December 1st, 2018, 06:00 PM
Alright Nicholls. You gotta man up.

Yep, EWU is figuring Nicholls out and Nicholls needs to step up and get more physical.

Daytripper
December 1st, 2018, 06:03 PM
This is starting to get away from the Colonels...

Outsider1
December 1st, 2018, 06:09 PM
Nicholls secondary and tackling starting to struggle.

Lorne_Malvo
December 1st, 2018, 06:32 PM
Oh Nicholls... Why why why?

Outsider1
December 1st, 2018, 06:33 PM
This game is about to be over.

kdinva
December 1st, 2018, 06:34 PM
TD EWU.........28-14---------10:03 to play.....

Outsider1
December 1st, 2018, 06:34 PM
Oh Nicholls... Why why why?

This is a good Nicholls team, but this is where playoff experience takes over.....

Bisonator
December 1st, 2018, 06:35 PM
Welp it was good for a half anyway.

Outsider1
December 1st, 2018, 06:42 PM
Yep, Nicholls pooping their pants right now....

Hood
December 1st, 2018, 06:43 PM
If they'd hold on to the ball this would be a different story.

grizband
December 1st, 2018, 06:43 PM
EWU is much better with a balanced offense..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Outsider1
December 1st, 2018, 06:45 PM
If they'd hold on to the ball this would be a different story.

Hood, sad but the fumbling is just a symptom of Nicholls' bigger issues of not taking care of things and mental breakdown.

Outsider1
December 1st, 2018, 06:46 PM
Basically, Nicholls played 2 qtrs of football and that is it.

Bison56
December 1st, 2018, 06:49 PM
Good first half, 2nd not so much for Nicholls.

Schism55
December 1st, 2018, 06:51 PM
EWU with 2 drive killing turnovers...they knock those off they win imo
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29646&stc=1

Rjones61
December 1st, 2018, 06:56 PM
Officials did all they could to keep Nicholls in the game.

MTfan4life
December 1st, 2018, 06:58 PM
Officials did all they could to keep Nicholls in the game.

That late hit call was pretty terrible. QB had both feet in bounds when he got hit.

Outsider1
December 1st, 2018, 07:00 PM
Sorry Nicholls, but just had to turn it off, can't watch no mo.....

MTfan4life
December 1st, 2018, 07:03 PM
Nicholls doing their best Montana impression. You picked a bad season to copy Montana, Colonels.

kdinva
December 1st, 2018, 07:07 PM
Nicholls with a late (cosmetic) TD............42-21; 1:35 remaining......

Red & Black
December 1st, 2018, 07:46 PM
We picked the wrong time to play a poor half. Congrats to Nicholls on a great season and Southland conference championship.

Bisonator
December 1st, 2018, 07:49 PM
Congrats to the Eagles!

Hood
December 1st, 2018, 08:58 PM
Hats off to the Eagles team, and the fan base on AGS. You've been quite classy and fun to read your posts.

Maybe the next time we play will be sooner than 14 years. Ye olde rubber match.

Red & Black
December 1st, 2018, 09:01 PM
Hats off to the Eagles team, and the fan base on AGS. You've been quite classy and fun to read your posts.

Maybe the next time we play will be sooner than 14 years. Ye olde rubber match.

xthumbsupx

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 1st, 2018, 09:32 PM
Great second half for EWU! Congrats on the win!!

Great season Nicholls!! I think you deserve a final Top 10 ranking!

Outsider1
December 1st, 2018, 09:44 PM
Congrats on a great season Nicholls and Hats off to ya Eagles, ya'll played lights out: good luck to ya in the quarters....

Screamin_Eagle174
December 2nd, 2018, 12:29 PM
Congrats on a great season, and a big shout out and thanks to all the Nicholls fans that made the trip. Outstanding people, amazing cajun food, and them boys can drink! Hopefully a contingent of EWU fans can make a return trip to Thibodaux either in the playoffs in years to come, or in 2020 when EWU plays Florida.

kalm
December 2nd, 2018, 12:45 PM
Congrats on a great season, and a big shout out and thanks to all the Nicholls fans that made the trip. Outstanding people, amazing cajun food, and them boys can drink! Hopefully a contingent of EWU fans can make a return trip to Thibodaux either in the playoffs in years to come, or in 2020 when EWU plays Florida.

This! Those guys roll up to our tailgate in a huge limo, cook up boudin, crawfish etouffee, and gumbu and set out a table full of booze. Great people!

Hood
December 2nd, 2018, 11:12 PM
Great to hear! Hope you all keep the area in mind for any non-football family related vacations.