Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2018, 06:31 AM
Which team has the easier path to Frisco:

Eastern Washington
Weber State

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2018, 06:37 AM
I picked EWU, although it is close.

Nicholls/USD winner followed by a probable UC Davis team that they already blew out....Davis defense is not good.

A rematch with Weber will be interesting. I think EWU will win the rematch even on the road.

EWU is a legit contender to the title this year and the reason I'm on their bandwagon is because they are playing good defense this year to go along with a explosive offense.

Frisco match up: NDSU vs EWU

Could have had this match up in the past but EWU crapped the bed more than once.

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2018, 08:45 AM
Jacksonville State has a SloCon team, Stephen King University, then rides the Big Fluffy gravy train all the way to Frisco. :D

EdubAlum
November 22nd, 2018, 08:46 AM
I picked EWU, although it is close.

Nicholls/USD winner followed by a probable UC Davis team that they already blew out....Davis defense is not good.

A rematch with Weber will be interesting. I think EWU will win the rematch even on the road.

EWU is a legit contender to the title this year and the reason I'm on their bandwagon is because they are playing good defense this year to go along with a explosive offense.

Frisco match up: NDSU vs EWU

Could have had this match up in the past but EWU crapped the bed more than once.

100% agree with your entire post, including crapping the bed.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2018, 09:17 AM
Jacksonville State has a SloCon team, Stephen King University, then rides the Big Fluffy gravy train all the way to Frisco. :D

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if JSU made a run to the semis. EWU at home would be a tough game but Sammy beat them there.....

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2018, 09:19 AM
Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if JSU made a run to the semis. EWU at home would be a tough game but Sammy beat them there.....

I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised to see EWU lose in the quarterfinals to UNI.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2018, 09:22 AM
I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised to see EWU lose in the quarterfinals to UNI.

If the UNI team that throws the ball and plays hard nose defense and gets out of their own way shows up they definitely have a chance.

dewey
November 22nd, 2018, 09:40 AM
If the UNI team that throws the ball and plays hard nose defense and Farley doesn't screw it up they definitely have a chance.

FYP

Dewey

cx500d
November 22nd, 2018, 09:47 AM
JSU has a chance to be the ysu of 2018

POD Knows
November 22nd, 2018, 09:48 AM
Weber State, there is nobody in that bracket.

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2018, 10:04 AM

Key word: Chance.

Cocky
November 22nd, 2018, 10:44 AM
Glad yall have more faith than me.

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2018, 01:36 PM

No.

Reign of Terrier
November 22nd, 2018, 02:26 PM
Worth mentioning about EWU: if I'm not mistaken, this is the best rushing offense they've fielded. They run for more yards per carry than anyone in the country.

I don't know how you stop that. I'm pretty sure that's new for them as from a distance they looked like the kind of team to throw it for over 300 yards and rush for under 175 or so.

That would be a challenge to stop for any team, even NDSU, with that balance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

uni88
November 22nd, 2018, 06:15 PM
NDSU ...

MTfan4life
November 22nd, 2018, 06:56 PM

UNI's road record this year has been less than ideal to have confidence in a playoff run. Outside of beating down the trees, they've looked kinda pekid. Even Youngstown beat them by twenty.

katss07
November 22nd, 2018, 07:18 PM
Seeing some people picking UNI to make a run, really? UC Davis has no defense but this is the same UNI team that got blown OUT by Youngstown. I don’t care about the talent, a loss to YSU gives me ZERO confidence.

They should be out in round 2, but maybe they’ll make a surprise run. Just IHMO.

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2018, 07:19 PM
UNI's road record this year has been less than ideal to have confidence in a playoff run. Outside of beating down the trees, they've looked kinda pekid. Even Youngstown beat them by twenty.

Yeah and they also gave NDSU all they wanted.

UNI the only team in the field that can lose this weekend or win the whole thing.

MTfan4life
November 22nd, 2018, 08:55 PM
Yeah and they also gave NDSU all they wanted.

UNI the only team in the field that can lose this weekend or win the whole thing.

At home, though. At home, they've looked like champions against NDSU, SDSU, ISU-r, and MSU. On the road it's been 3 out of 5 duds @ WIU, UM, and YSU.

And I think there are plenty of contenders playing this weekend.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2018, 07:15 AM
NDSU ...

Easiest bracket for the Bison during this whole run!

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing some people picking UNI to make a run, really? UC Davis has no defense but this is the same UNI team that got blown OUT by Youngstown. I don’t care about the talent, a loss to YSU gives me ZERO confidence.

They should be out in round 2, but maybe they’ll make a surprise run. Just IHMO.

This is why they have a chance!

xnodx

dgtw
November 23rd, 2018, 08:02 AM

So we will beat ourselves? Wouldn’t be the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cx500d
November 23rd, 2018, 11:32 AM
So we will beat ourselves? Wouldn’t be the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what I meant is an unseeded team making it to he natty like ysu did 2 years ago.