PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Post Season Awards

Kemo
November 21st, 2018, 03:33 PM
SPECIALTY AWARDS (https://valley-football.org/news/2018/11/20/valley-football-announces-specialty-awards.aspx):

COACH OF THE YEAR: Curt Mallory, Indiana State

OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: QB Easton Stick, North Dakota State

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: LB Jabril Cox, North Dakota State

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR: QB Ryan Boyle, Indiana State

FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR: RB Pierre Strong, Jr., South Dakota State

Schism55
November 21st, 2018, 04:17 PM
Congrats to all the winners.
Hats off to Easton & Jabril, Go Bison!

dewey
November 21st, 2018, 10:35 PM
Here is a link to the article.

https://valley-football.org/news/2018/11/20/valley-football-announces-specialty-awards.aspx

Dewey

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2018, 11:44 PM
Wow, surprised Cox won DPOY over Khalen Saunders at WIU.

Kemo
November 22nd, 2018, 12:58 AM
Here is a link to the article.

https://valley-football.org/news/2018/11/20/valley-football-announces-specialty-awards.aspx

Dewey
Link to the article was in original post...

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2018, 06:13 AM
Wow, surprised Cox won DPOY over Khalen Saunders at WIU.

This here. Or one of the tackling machines at LB for Ind State.

Stick deserved it.

ST_Lawson
November 22nd, 2018, 08:40 AM

Stick deserved it.

Griffith (one of the Sycamore tackling machines) got runner-up. Saunders probably needed a bit larger numbers even though he's incredibly athletic and talented. I think our LB Pete Swenson actually had a larger impact quite often (#2 in the FCS in sacks).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sycamore62
November 22nd, 2018, 08:43 AM

Stick deserved it.

Griffith the one with more tackles was a JR and we got the Coach and newcomer of the year. I would have liked to know what the season stats would have been for Keys, our RB, had be not gotten injured. Ironically we started our 5 game win streak with the game in which he was injured.

Sycamore62
November 22nd, 2018, 08:44 AM
Griffith (one of the Sycamore tackling machines) got runner-up. Saunders probably needed a bit larger numbers even though he's incredibly athletic and talented. I think our LB Pete Swenson actually had a larger impact quite often (#2 in the FCS in sacks).

Swenson seemed to be the catalyst every time there was a jailbreak on one of our plays

ST_Lawson
November 22nd, 2018, 08:50 AM
Griffith the one with more tackles was a JR and we got the Coach and newcomer of the year. I would have liked to know what the season stats would have been for Keys, our RB, had be not gotten injured. Ironically we started our 5 game win streak with the game in which he was injured.

I think Keys would have had a really good shot at it if he'd kept going the way he had been. He was at like 130 ypg, if I remember correctly.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2018, 08:59 AM

I know many of these awards are stats driven but Saunders was a beast for WIU....more than a few times the NDSU line had trouble blocking him. Glad he is a senior...:)