PDA

View Full Version : Oct 8th: Which game?

Lehigh Football Nation
July 29th, 2005, 04:04 PM
You have the choice to go to 1 game on October 8th. It's one of these 4. Which one do you choose?

Bucknell/Penn
Colgate/Princeton
Dartmouth/Yale
Iona/St. Peter's

Go...gate
July 29th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Colgate/Princeton. I went to the 'gate and the Tigers were my childhood team back when they ran the Single Wing with backs such as Sachs, Iacavazzi, Landeck and later Bijorklund. Princeton never should have given it up - the program has been up and down ever since.

umassfan
July 29th, 2005, 04:39 PM
You have the choice to go to 1 game on October 8th. It's one of these 4. Which one do you choose?

Bucknell/Penn
Colgate/Princeton
Dartmouth/Yale
Iona/St. Peter's

UMass/Northeastern

blackfordpu
July 29th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Northwestern St. @ Sam Houston (Homecoming)

rcny46
July 29th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Cosmo Iacavazzi.Now that was a name!

Lehigh Football Nation
July 29th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Cosmo Iacavazzi.Now that was a name!

A nice Irish lad?

JoltinJoe
July 29th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Iona/St. Peters.

BTW, did I mention that I don't like football?

LetsGoNova
July 29th, 2005, 08:57 PM
You gotta tell us where the games are being played. For instance, a game at Franklin Field followed by cheesesteaks is phenomenal (looking forward to it on Sept 24th), but a trip to Lewisburg leaves something to be desired (though I'll be doing that this year, as well).

Cocky
July 29th, 2005, 09:24 PM

Bucknell/Penn
Colgate/Princeton
Dartmouth/Yale
Iona/St. Peter's

I vote Dartmouth/Yale. Especially if it in the Yale Bowl.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 29th, 2005, 09:25 PM

Bucknell/Penn
Colgate/Princeton
Dartmouth/Yale
Iona/St. Peter's

Home team in bold.

colgate13
July 29th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Princeton always plays us tough, but on paper Bucknell/Penn might be the most intriguing... both are teams that might have what it takes to win their conferences, but there are a lot of question marks...

golionsgo
July 29th, 2005, 09:43 PM

Bucknell/Penn
Colgate/Princeton
Dartmouth/Yale
Iona/St. Peter's

Sorry but gotta go with Southeastern Louisiana and Texas State!!!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
July 29th, 2005, 09:49 PM

Bucknell/Penn
Colgate/Princeton
Dartmouth/Yale
Iona/St. Peter's

Have a friend who is a Colgate alum and her father is a Princeton grad. And I'd like to see the stadium at Princeton. I've been to Yale Bowl a couple times already and will have already seen Dartmouth at UNH. No ties to either Bucknell or Penn. Zero interest in Iona or St. Peter's. Bad enough that Iona is at UNH in November.

LetsGoNova
July 29th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Princeton's stadium is terrific. Way too large for them, of course, but an excellent design. A lot of I-A's make do with a lot worse.

Tribe4SF
July 29th, 2005, 10:52 PM
There's only one place to be on Oct. 8 and that's in Williamsburg. Our first big A-10 matchup of the year between the Tribe and the Wildcats of New Hampshire. Rematch of last years 9-7 mudwrestling match played in Durham during a monsoon.

charliej
July 29th, 2005, 11:07 PM
You gotta tell us where the games are being played. For instance, a game at Franklin Field followed by cheesesteaks is phenomenal (looking forward to it on Sept 24th), but a trip to Lewisburg leaves something to be desired (though I'll be doing that this year, as well).

Ditto,(though this will be my first trip to Lewisburg).

umassfan
July 29th, 2005, 11:25 PM
There's only one place to be on Oct. 8 and that's in Williamsburg. Our first big A-10 matchup of the year between the Tribe and the Wildcats of New Hampshire. Rematch of last years 9-7 mudwrestling match played in Durham during a monsoon.

I donno if thats quite the A10 matchup of the year... That usually wont be known till mid season.

Mr. C
July 29th, 2005, 11:54 PM
I'd pick Bucknell-Penn. Bucknell runs a fun offense (the spread option) and also had some of the wildest finishes of any team in I-AA last year. They also should be in the thinck of the Patriot League race. Penn has great tradition, plays in a cool, old stadium (Franklin Field) and should make this a very competitive game.

I'll be at the Appalachian State-Furman game that day, wondering if I'll see the Mountaineers win another one-point game against Bobby Lamb and the Paladins (as the last three have been).

Tribe4SF
July 30th, 2005, 12:21 AM
I donno if thats quite the A10 matchup of the year... That usually wont be known till mid season.

What? Who said anything about THE A-10 matchup of the year? Read the post again.

Sam Adams
July 30th, 2005, 12:22 AM
UMASS/northeastern. Classic A10 grudge match between 2 intrastate rivals.

breezy
July 30th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Surprising that Lehigh Nation would pose that question. I'll be heading to Lehigh to watch Holy Cross take on the Brown and White. I'm looking for a hard-fought game and a Holy Cross upset win that will tell the Patriot League that Holy Cross is back!

ngineer
July 30th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Actually a trip to Lewisburg in early October is beautiful. A pastoral setting to be sure, and a trip through the Kittatinny Ridge with the leaves turning.