PDA

View Full Version : Which Seeds Get Bounced?

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 04:08 PM
JSU has been the king of getting bounced as a seed. We aren't seeded this year, what teams take over our mantle of most overrated seeds?

POD Knows
November 19th, 2018, 04:12 PM
Colgate goes if JMU beats UD

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2018, 04:13 PM
Ask me in a week

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 04:14 PM
Ask me in a week

Poll is open indefinitely. You're free to wait. I just figured I'd post the thread while I had the idea in my head.

ksu_owls
November 19th, 2018, 04:15 PM
Colgate and Maine. I think KSU gets by Wofford/Elon, but they would be a tempting 3rd option. I have no idea if Weber or EWU are good or not.

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 04:16 PM
I have no idea if Weber or EWU are good or not.
Survey says "yes".

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2018, 04:18 PM
One thing to consider regarding the seeded teams is their coaching situations. There's always one or two playoff teams whose coaching staffs are ready to check out as soon as the season is over. Last year Central Arkansas's players appeared to be coaching themselves.

BisonTru
November 19th, 2018, 04:19 PM
KSU and WSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 04:20 PM
KSU and WSU

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWeber State? Interesting. Stony Brook or SEMO?

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

ksu_owls
November 19th, 2018, 04:21 PM
KSU and WSU

Kennesaw State? Interesting. Wofford or Elon?

woffordgrad94
November 19th, 2018, 04:21 PM
Kennesaw State by the WOFFORD TERRIERS
Maine by Jacksonville State
Colgate by James Madison

BisonTru
November 19th, 2018, 04:25 PM

Either

Weber State? Interesting. Stony Brook or SEMO?

Stony Brook

ksu_owls
November 19th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Kennesaw State by the WOFFORD TERRIERS
Maine by Jacksonville State
Colgate by James Madison

We agree on 2/3rds of this!

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 04:26 PM

Stahp.

ksu_owls
November 19th, 2018, 04:27 PM
Either

I hope not! I want to experience the fargo dome

BisonTru
November 19th, 2018, 04:31 PM
This is kinda cool. FCS imperialism map. I don’t think it warrants a thread but you can follow the map on reddit.

Once a team beats another team they take their territory.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181119/1678daa10d0d8f698b13b2d67ae6caeb.jpg

BisonTru
November 19th, 2018, 04:33 PM
I hope not! I want to experience the fargo dome

Well if you look at my pick em history you are probably going to get your chance.

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 04:34 PM
This is kinda cool. FCS imperialism map. I don’t think it warrants a thread but you can follow the map on reddit.

JSU gonna have a lotta frigging land for NDSU to take in Frisco.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2018, 04:56 PM
2nd round games: 2 easy choices IMO

Maine
Colgate

Preferred Walk-On
November 19th, 2018, 05:02 PM
JSU has been the king of getting bounced as a seed. We aren't seeded this year, what teams take over our mantle of most overrated seeds?

I am assuming this is for the second round only, as all except one will get bounced by the end. Or is there a specific definition for "bounced" (only unseeded over seeded)?

Grizalltheway
November 19th, 2018, 05:02 PM

Dark, dark times in Big Sky Country. :pumpuke:

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 05:03 PM
I am assuming this is for the second round only, as all except one will get bounced by the end. Or is there a specific definition for "bounced" (only unseeded over seeded)?
Yeah I'm just talking about the second round.

Preferred Walk-On
November 19th, 2018, 05:04 PM
Yeah I'm just talking about the second round.

Roger that.

dewey
November 19th, 2018, 05:05 PM
My guesses would be the following.
From most likely (the others I didnt list I think are not likely at all).
JMU beats Colgate
Jacksonville State beats Maine
Towson beats SDSU

Dewey

Preferred Walk-On
November 19th, 2018, 05:05 PM

Love this, but probably love clenz's radial playoff brackets more.

Preferred Walk-On
November 19th, 2018, 05:07 PM
Weber State? Interesting. Stony Brook or SEMO?

Stony Brook.

Preferred Walk-On
November 19th, 2018, 05:10 PM
Is Maine or Colgate the Rodney Dangerfield of these playoffs?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2018, 05:15 PM
My guesses would be the following.
From most likely (the others I didnt list I think are not likely at all).
JMU beats Colgate
Jacksonville State beats Maine
Towson beats SDSU

Dewey

That's a bold one there dewey...:)

Towson slings it around also. SDSU is playing pretty well right now. Interesting match up.

Bison56
November 19th, 2018, 05:20 PM

It says "in Round 2" above the poll.

Preferred Walk-On
November 19th, 2018, 05:25 PM
It says "in Round 2" above the poll.

Yep, my reading skills failed me there.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2018, 05:27 PM
Is Maine or Colgate the Rodney Dangerfield of these playoffs?

Their defense is legit! They need Wheeler (PL DPOY) to be healthy. Their QB who missed the Lehigh and Army games should be ready to go. Their home field advantage is also a serious factor this time of year.

This is the best PL playoff rep since Fordham 2013 and Lehigh 2011.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2018, 05:30 PM
Their defense is legit! They need Wheeler (PL DPOY) to be healthy. Their QB who missed the Lehigh and Army games should be ready to go. Their home field advantage is also a serious factor this time of year.

This is the best PL playoff rep since Fordham 2013 and Lehigh 2011.

What is "legit"...?

Blanking Patriot teams is great?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2018, 05:32 PM
What is "legit"...?

As well as 2 CAA teams and holding a Top 25 Army team (the #2 rushing team in FBS) to their lowest rushing output of the year.

Teams are not defined by the conference patch they wear. Besides, the PL has proven many times of being capable of fielding Top 10 teams.

Bison56
November 19th, 2018, 05:35 PM
What is "legit"...?

If you haven't seen them it's easy to write them off. We will see in a couple weeks, but I'm guessing many who haven't seen them will be surprised by there defense.

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 05:36 PM
If you haven't seen them it's easy to write them off. We will see in a couple weeks, but I'm guessing many who haven't seen them will be surprised by there defense.
This.

KPSUL
November 19th, 2018, 05:53 PM
Colgate: JMU will be a huge favorite over Delaware and will likely go to Hamilton, NY. While Colgate's season has been singularly outstanding for any Patriot League champion in many years, particularly on defense, they have not faced a FCS team of JMU's caliber. After the past two games, JMU is now firing on all cylinders. JMU by 10 over the Raiders.

Maine: The Black Bears are more vulnerable if QB Chris Ferguson is not healthy - they have been far less effective without him playing or playing at less than 100%. Elon outgained them by over 200 yards, the Maine offense scored only 1 TD this past Saturday. Maine earned the 27-26 win as a result of returning 2 kickoffs all the way to the house. Maine has a big home field advantage and has played all season with a huge chip on their shoulders. Assuming JSU beats ETSU, they have a good shot at Maine, but they better be ready to play a very physical, battle-hardened team for all 60 minutes. Even without Ferguson, I'd pick Maine in a very close game.

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2018, 05:54 PM
Kennesaw. By whoever wins the Elon/Woffy game.

MaineFan
November 19th, 2018, 07:30 PM
Per usual Maine is the most disrespected team in the country and was evident all year despite winning games being ranked below teams they beat.

Maine won the CAA outright which is the best conference in the country top to bottom yet people have them getting bounced. Maine only had 4 hone games all year they were picked to finish 8th in the conference. I can't argue if Ferguson isn't healthy they will struggle, but this team is a tough physical defense that is extremely young. Maine is loaded for years to come and has one of the youngest up and coming coaches.

Keep picking against em...how's it worked out thus far?

MaineFan
November 19th, 2018, 07:34 PM
Per usual Maine is the most disrespected team in the country and was evident all year despite winning games being ranked below teams they beat.

Maine won the CAA outright which is the best conference in the country top to bottom yet people have them getting bounced. Maine only had 4 hone games all year they were picked to finish 8th in the conference. I can't argue if Ferguson isn't healthy they will struggle, but this team is a tough physical defense that is extremely young. Maine is loaded for years to come and has one of the youngest up and coming coaches.

Also whoever comes to Orono will face a severe disadvantage battling the weather elements.

semobison
November 19th, 2018, 07:37 PM

I watched Army-Colgate. Colgate plays big boy defense. JMU-Colgate would be a slobberknocker!

cx500d
November 19th, 2018, 07:41 PM
Also whoever comes to Orono will face a severe disadvantage battling the weather elements.
Have you dealt with #SouthernSpeedtm?

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 07:44 PM
Why? Does Maine play on a different field than their opponents?

cx500d
November 19th, 2018, 07:46 PM
Why? Does Maine play on a different field than their opponents?
I think the numbers are painted in French....Nichols should do well there

Panthers1995
November 19th, 2018, 08:00 PM
No one thinks that UC Davis might be in trouble? First time in the playoffs? I know it would be my team beating them but still, I am not personally sold on them.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2018, 08:06 PM
No one thinks that UC Davis might be in trouble? First time in the playoffs? I know it would be my team beating them but still, I am not personally sold on them.

The Davis defense is mediocre at best. When UNI curb stomps Lamar, they have a legit chance against Davis. Davis is #90 in total defense and #98 in passing defense. Let Dunne chuck the ball...xnodx

MaineFan
November 19th, 2018, 08:06 PM
I doubt east Tennessee or Jacksonville st. played many games below freezing this year is what I meant by thst

MaineFan
November 19th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Has southern speed dealt with snow and wind?

cx500d
November 19th, 2018, 08:12 PM
I doubt east Tennessee or Jacksonville st. played many games below freezing this year is what I meant by thst
They also haven’t played candlepin bowling, but I’m sure they will stop at ll bean on their way up from Portland and get some foul weather gear.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2018, 08:12 PM

Coastal Carolina beat Montana in some crappy weather.

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 08:15 PM
Its been like 40, windy, and raining for like the past 2 weeks.

The current forecast in Maine RN for the second round is mid 30's and cloudy with a 20% of precip. Ooh. Big difference.

cx500d
November 19th, 2018, 08:17 PM
In the game called ”snow, wind, and #SouthernSpeedtm”, #SouthernSpeedtm trumps snow and wind all the time....just ask Big Fluffy teams

cx500d
November 19th, 2018, 08:18 PM
See what I mean?

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2018, 08:18 PM

How is this per usual when it’s not that often that Maine is relevant?

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 08:19 PM

I honestly couldn't tell you the last time they won anything or even had a winning record.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2018, 08:22 PM

Not very often:

Playoff appearances - 87, 89, 01, 02, 08, 11, 13

4 years they lost their 1st game then lost in the 2nd round the other 3 years.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2018, 08:22 PM

I remember that! I was trying to get back to Bozeman from PA after Thanksgiving and between the ice storm in Texas and bad weather in Montana my flight was delayed two days. The one thing with the Montana game was it was just the severe cold. There was no wind or snow to speak of. Good chance for snow and wind in Hamilton and Orono. Hamilton is located in one of the snowiest areas in all of the USA below 8k feet. This is prime lake effect time of year....

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 08:24 PM
I remember that! I was trying to get back to Bozeman from PA after Thanksgiving and between the ice storm in Texas and bad weather in Montana my flight was delayed two days. The one thing with the Montana game was it was just the severe cold. There was no wind or snow to speak of. Good chance for snow and wind in Hamilton and Orono. Hamilton is located in one of the snowiest areas in all of the USA below 8k feet. This is prime lake effect time of year....
I don't miss lake effect weather at all. Screw that crap.

cx500d
November 19th, 2018, 08:28 PM
I don't miss lake effect weather at all. Screw that crap.
You better lose then so you don’t have to go to Orono...it’s better that way

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 08:33 PM
You better lose then so you don’t have to go to Orono...it’s better that way
I'm not traveling to Maine. I'll watch the game in bed like the bum I am.

cx500d
November 19th, 2018, 08:35 PM
Probably safer that way...given all the deer and moose hunters up there, the last time Alabama boys ran into a bunch of Maine boys with guns it didn’t end too well for you

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2018, 08:38 PM

I live in the far northern reaches of PA, about 180 miles due south the Canadian border. Orono is 572 miles, about 8.5 hours, from my place. It's way the hell up there! From Alabama you might as well just drive to South America to enjoy summer...lol

cx500d
November 19th, 2018, 08:43 PM
I live in the far northern reaches of PA, about 180 miles due south the Canadian border. Orono is 572 miles, about 8.5 hours, from my place. It's way the hell up there! From Alabama you might as well just drive to South America to enjoy summer...lol

Orono is about 135 miles farther south than Fargo....just sayin

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 08:45 PM
I mapped it out last night and I could drive to Denver only like 10 miles further from Jacksonville than Orono.

jmu007
November 19th, 2018, 08:50 PM
That's a bold one there dewey...:)

Towson slings it around also. SDSU is playing pretty well right now. Interesting match up.

Towson vs SDSU is going to be fun as hell to watch.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2018, 08:51 PM
Orono is about 135 miles farther south than Fargo....just sayin

I know. Once you get you Minnesota the USA lattitude goes up several degrees. When I was in Grand Forks it was like being in the North Pole. East of Minnesota, Maine extends well beyond everything else. Not only that, you're extremely far east. Sunset is at like 3 pm this time of year....not really but almost. It's also not the easiest state to get to. It's only major highway is 95 so most of the people are forced to enter the state along the coast. The interior of the state relies on local roads.

cx500d
November 19th, 2018, 08:54 PM
I know. Once you get you Minnesota the USA longitude goes up several degrees. When I was in Grand Forks it was like being in the North Pole. East of Minnesota, Maine extends well beyond everything else. Not only that, you're extremely far east. Sunset is at like 3 pm this time of year....not really but almost. It's also not the easiest state to get to. It's only major highway is 95 so most of the people are forced to enter the state along the coast. The interior of the state relies on local roads.
I’m sorry you had to go through that

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2018, 09:05 PM
I’m sorry you had to go through that

Nearly moved there!

If Colgate makes it to Fargo I'd love to get back to North Dakota. I should ask Ursus if there's a "Wedge Stipend" to cover travel experiences to cover it! xlolx

Cocky
November 19th, 2018, 09:52 PM

It was snowing in Jacksonville last week.

Cocky
November 19th, 2018, 09:56 PM
I mapped it out last night and I could drive to Denver only like 10 miles further from Jacksonville than Orono.

About 22hr to Denver

Cocky
November 19th, 2018, 09:59 PM
SDSU
UC Davis
Colgate
EWU
Weber
Maine
Kennesaw
NDSU

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2018, 06:05 AM
SDSU
UC Davis
Colgate
EWU
Weber
Maine
Kennesaw
NDSU

Most likely at the top and least likely on the bottom?

Cocky
November 20th, 2018, 07:12 AM
Most likely at the top and least likely on the bottom?

yes and the worst team isnt at the top though the best team is at the bottom. More about who they may play and which team shows up (ie UNI)

kalm
November 20th, 2018, 08:18 AM
The Davis defense is mediocre at best. When UNI curb stomps Lamar, they have a legit chance against Davis. Davis is #90 in total defense and #98 in passing defense. Let Dunne chuck the ball...xnodx

I think that will be a very interesting game and has all the makings of a shootout if they let Dunn pass. Davis is a lot like the EWU 2016 team that loss to YSU.

Preferred Walk-On
November 20th, 2018, 08:46 AM

Can't be too disrespected...the committee seeded them.

As for how it has worked out thus far. Don't know. Playoffs have not started yet. It's put-up or shut-up time for Maine in a little over 10 days. Can't wait to see how Maine does.

maine612
November 20th, 2018, 09:09 AM

I don't see how Maine is disrespected. We got the #7 seed. And guess what, the 7th and 8th seeds almost by definition should be the most likely to lose. If they weren't, they'd be seeded higher. The weather won't matter. What people think in terms of respect won't matter. The game will. If JSU/ETSU wins, good for them. Maine will be ready to play and I think they will win. As far as the future, we better hope Coach H doesn't get a great offer in the offseason (which could happen).

Go Maine

cx500d
November 20th, 2018, 09:19 AM
I don't see how Maine is disrespected. We got the #7 seed. And guess what, the 7th and 8th seeds almost by definition should be the most likely to lose. If they weren't, they'd be seeded higher. The weather won't matter. What people think in terms of respect won't matter. The game will. If JSU/ETSU wins, good for them. Maine will be ready to play and I think they will win. As far as the future, we better hope Coach H doesn't get a great offer in the offseason (which could happen).

Go Maine

I agree. Maine got respected - they got the seed....if you believe the jmu coach, he disrespected Maine by implying jmu was more deserving.

KPSUL
November 20th, 2018, 09:40 AM
I watched Army-Colgate. Colgate plays big boy defense. JMU-Colgate would be a slobberknocker!

The Lafayette @ Army result was not a whole lot different: Colgate - Army, 14-28, Lafayette - Army, 13-31.

cx500d
November 20th, 2018, 09:47 AM
The Lafayette @ Army result was not a whole lot different: Colgate - Army, 14-28, Lafayette - Army, 13-31.
Oh oh, that’s troublesome

semobison
November 20th, 2018, 10:02 AM

Sure the final score looks fairly even but at the end of the 3rd qtr against Lafayette Army led 31-6. Against Colgate it was 14-7 after 3 quarters.
Total offense: Army 408 yards, Layfayette 159
Army 286 yards Colgate 251

One was a competitive game the other was not!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 20th, 2018, 10:32 AM
Sure the final score looks fairly even but at the end of the 3rd qtr against Lafayette Army led 31-6. Against Colgate it was 14-7 after 3 quarters.
Total offense: Army 408 yards, Layfayette 159
Army 286 yards Colgate 251

One was a competitive game the other was not!

Army played a sloppy game against Lafayette following their emotional win over Air Force. Monken tried to give the backup QB reps, they ran the FB up the middle alot numerous penalties etc. Both games were on CBS Sportnetwork. If there's an archive you can rewatch.

katss07
November 20th, 2018, 10:38 AM
Kennesaw has a decent shot of getting bounced in round 2. If JMU game Elon shows up then the Phoenix have a pretty good shot. Not sure about Wofford.

The Owls won’t be around longer than the quarterfinals unless Duquense somehow runs the table. Towson would beat Kennesaw. And god help the Owls if the Jackrabbits roll into Georgia for a national TV Friday night game. I know how that feels.

After KSU? Maybe Maine or Colgate.

Reign of Terrier
November 20th, 2018, 10:43 AM
Kennesaw has a decent shot of getting bounced in round 2. If JMU game Elon shows up then the Phoenix have a pretty good shot. Not sure about Wofford.

The Owls won’t be around longer than the quarterfinals unless Duquense somehow runs the table. Towson would beat Kennesaw. And god help the Owls if the Jackrabbits roll into Georgia for a national TV Friday night game. I know how that feels.

After KSU? Maybe Maine or Colgate.

Wofford is probably the worst matchup for the Owls that they have ever faced. That includes Georgia State, Jacksonville State, Samford, and Sam Houston. The reasoning is pretty straight forward: Wofford has a good defense AND they run the option in practice AND they have experience defending other teams like the Citadel (with great success). That doesn't necessarily translate to a win for Wofford in that situation (I have no idea how our offense measures to their defense), but if you're Kennesaw you really want Elon to beat Wofford.

As for the poll, I voted for Colgate and my reasoning was straight forward: I put a higher average probability that JMU/Delaware beats the Raiders compared to the average probability of any other first round matchup vs a seeded team. Put another way, I think JMU/Delaware are on average better teams than any first round game.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2018, 11:08 AM
Wofford is probably the worst matchup for the Owls that they have ever faced. That includes Georgia State, Jacksonville State, Samford, and Sam Houston. The reasoning is pretty straight forward: Wofford has a good defense AND they run the option in practice AND they have experience defending other teams like the Citadel (with great success). That doesn't necessarily translate to a win for Wofford in that situation (I have no idea how our offense measures to their defense), but if you're Kennesaw you really want Elon to beat Wofford.

As for the poll, I voted for Colgate and my reasoning was straight forward: I put a higher average probability that JMU/Delaware beats the Raiders compared to the average probability of any other first round matchup vs a seeded team. Put another way, I think JMU/Delaware are on average better teams than any first round game.

I actually think you're wrong. Good defense is only half of the equation. I know some Bison fan will quote me with some dumb quip but Kennesaw State is really really fast on defense and they get the ball on the ground in a hurry. Considering the option is built to outrun linebackers and get the edge, Wofford might have a harder time than a team that can run it straight at Kennesaw or air it out.

Reign of Terrier
November 20th, 2018, 11:15 AM
I actually think you're wrong. Good defense is only half of the equation. I know some Bison fan will quote me with some dumb quip but Kennesaw State is really really fast on defense and they get the ball on the ground in a hurry. Considering the option is built to outrun linebackers and get the edge, Wofford might have a harder time than a team that can run it straight at Kennesaw or air it out.

Again, we'll see, I'm agnostic on the Wofford offense vs. kennesaw defense point. But KSU should be, in general, weary of playing Wofford's defense. Against run-heavy/option teams like the Citadel (2016-present), Charleston Southern (2016) and Furman (2017, this year they passed the ball 40% of the time and weren't as heavy on the option), Wofford has held those offenses below 20 points 6 of 7 times.

I have no opinion on Kennesaw's defense, but I'm pretty confident we are the worst defensive matchup they've ever faced.

phoenix3
November 20th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Neither JSU or ETSU will bounce Maine.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2018, 11:30 AM

TBD.

I think a whole lot of you guys are undervaluing Kennesaw.

phoenix3
November 20th, 2018, 11:32 AM
This won't matter. If the game was played in San Diego, neither JSU nor ETSU will bounce Maine.

Birdman_
November 20th, 2018, 11:32 AM

Both interesting points. I'll continue to be skeptical yet optimistic as a KSU fan about any new match up against a good team, however from the outside looking in, I think I'm more worried about Wofford considering their familiarity with our offense, and although our defense practices against the option all the time, we haven't played an actual opponent that runs the TO the way Wofford does. Definitely think there's merit to the latter point though. KSU's defense is really fast, and is probably better equipped for a team like Wofford than a team like Samford or last year's Sam Houston State team given our inconsistency in the secondary.

For me to be reasonably comfortable when KSU plays a new opponent that's generally held in high regard, we need to consistently show up in those types of games. I feel better this year than I did last year, but excited to continue learning more about this team. The more good teams KSU is able to face, the more we'll be able to learn.

KSU is the new kid on the block, so I can see why they're in the discussion here. With that said, my vote is Colgate for the same reasons discussed by others.

cx500d
November 20th, 2018, 11:40 AM
This won't matter. If the game was played in San Diego, neither JSU nor ETSU will bounce Maine.
I hope you are right...I would love to see Maine in Frisco

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2018, 11:48 AM

Or you can let us do the lifting you can give them crap for losing to an OVC team, we can party in Frisco, then give them crap for losing to an OVC team you beat by a bunch.

Reign of Terrier
November 20th, 2018, 11:48 AM
TBD.

I think a whole lot of you guys are undervaluing Kennesaw.

I will be a believer soon enough. Not sure if we play or beat them this year (gotta beat Elon first), I just think Kennesaw is a touch overhyped. That's not to say that I think they are bad; they have clearly earned their ranking. Football, however, is a game of match ups and Wofford would be one of the worst matchups for Kennesaw for the aforementioned reasons.

Both interesting points. I'll continue to be skeptical yet optimistic as a KSU fan about any new match up against a good team, however from the outside looking in, I think I'm more worried about Wofford considering their familiarity with our offense, and although our defense practices against the option all the time, we haven't played an actual opponent that runs the TO the way Wofford does. Definitely think there's merit to the latter point though. KSU's defense is really fast, and is probably better equipped for a team like Wofford than a team like Samford or last year's Sam Houston State team given our inconsistency in the secondary.

For me to be reasonably comfortable when KSU plays a new opponent that's generally held in high regard, we need to consistently show up in those types of games. I feel better this year than I did last year, but excited to continue learning more about this team. The more good teams KSU is able to face, the more we'll be able to learn.

KSU is the new kid on the block, so I can see why they're in the discussion here. With that said, my vote is Colgate for the same reasons discussed by others.

I guess my point boils down to the belief that Wofford could keep Kennesaw below their averages in ways KSU doesn't expect. Since Kennesaw has been a good team, they haven't run into a defense that straight up frustrates them, where they just get beat and can't get it done. It happens to every option team once a year in the Socon, even Georgia Southern.

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2018, 11:50 AM
Again, we'll see, I'm agnostic on the Wofford offense vs. kennesaw defense point. But KSU should be, in general, weary of playing Wofford's defense. Against run-heavy/option teams like the Citadel (2016-present), Charleston Southern (2016) and Furman (2017, this year they passed the ball 40% of the time and weren't as heavy on the option), Wofford has held those offenses below 20 points 6 of 7 times.

I have no opinion on Kennesaw's defense, but I'm pretty confident we are the worst defensive matchup they've ever faced.

I'm more comfortable with Wofford. I would rather face a team that let PC score 21 points than a team that beat JMU (I know they've lost some studs since then) and almost beat Maine a week ago.

I trust our defense to give us a chance. I trust our offense to figure out a way to drive and to be able to adjust as they did against JSU after going down by 14 points. I think either opponent would be tough, but I like our chances against Wofford the best.

Bison56
November 20th, 2018, 11:51 AM

Well they went into overtime with JSU, for some reason that's a big deal to some people.

KPSUL
November 20th, 2018, 11:52 AM

The Elon team that beat JMU had QB Davis Cheeks and RB Malcolm Summers; however, both suffered season ending injuries after the JMU game. To their credit, other players have stepped up and the team is still a challenging opponent - just not quite at the level of he team that beat JMU.

Dukie95
November 20th, 2018, 11:56 AM
I voted for Maine, but I wasn't considering who their opponent was. I want to take it back because I don't think they're losing to JSU.

Reign of Terrier
November 20th, 2018, 12:02 PM
I'm more comfortable with Wofford. I would rather face a team that let PC score 21 points than a team that beat JMU (I know they've lost some studs since then) and almost beat Maine a week ago.

I trust our defense to give us a chance. I trust our offense to figure out a way to drive and to be able to adjust as they did against JSU after going down by 14 points. I think either opponent would be tough, but I like our chances against Wofford the best.

21 points, 7 in garbage time, 7 after getting the ball at the 20. If we didn't turn the ball over 3 times and kept the starters in past first possession of the the second quarter we win that game 70-14. This year, Wofford has allowed 227 points this year. 35 of those points were in garbage time and 14 more were scoop and score/pick 6's. On the top of my head, another ~38 points came when our offense turned the ball over inside our own 40. Obviously, it still counts, but the point is, it's rare that a team drives the length of the field on us (let alone by just running the ball).

Points given up is not the best metric for evaluating a defense.

Meanwhile, you don't run PC's offense.

Well they went into overtime with JSU, for some reason that's a big deal to some people.

I think it's notable, but I'm not sure how much.

Bison56
November 20th, 2018, 12:04 PM
21 points, 7 in garbage time, 7 after getting the ball at the 20. If we didn't turn the ball over 3 times and kept the starters in past the second quarter we win that game 70-14.

I think it's notable, but I'm not sure how much.

It doesn't tell you much. Do you say JSU stepped up, or is KSU overrated?

KPSUL
November 20th, 2018, 12:04 PM
Its been like 40, windy, and raining for like the past 2 weeks.

The current forecast in Maine RN for the second round is mid 30's and cloudy with a 20% of precip. Ooh. Big difference.

A forecast for Maine this far out is only slightly better than a flipping a coin. It will be significantly colder in Orono than JSU or ETSU players are accustomed too; however that doesn't mean they won't play well. There are plenty of examples of teams from warmer climates playing well in very cold conditions.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 20th, 2018, 12:05 PM
Eastern will lose, Kennesaw St won't

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 20th, 2018, 12:06 PM
No one thinks that UC Davis might be in trouble? First time in the playoffs? I know it would be my team beating them but still, I am not personally sold on them.I don't, they are going to win it all this year

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2018, 12:09 PM

I think any JSU fan will tell you this: after watching the team all season, a lot of us (including myself) thought we were going to get whacked by Kennesaw. JSU definitely stepped up for that game. Whether we sustain that going forward is TBD. But that JSU team Saturday played harder football than anything I've seen out of JSU since 2015. It wasn't the cleanest game from JSU, but it was a far cry from the uninspired slop we've been putting out all season.

Birdman_
November 20th, 2018, 12:09 PM
Both Wofford and Elon are good teams. Anything can happen. My confidence in KSU is growing, but it's certainly not to a point where I think it's a slam dunk we beat any playoff team aside from maybe a select few. Wofford/KSU would undoubtedly be an interesting match up, as would Elon/KSU. Excited to watch the game this weekend, and for the game on 12/1

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2018, 12:10 PM
A forecast for Maine this far out is only slightly better than a flipping a coin. It will be significantly colder in Orono than JSU or ETSU players are accustomed too; however that doesn't mean they won't play well. There are plenty of examples of teams from warmer climates playing well in very cold conditions.
As long as it isn't snowing or sleeting I don't think it will be a super big deal.

Reign of Terrier
November 20th, 2018, 12:18 PM

I think any JSU fan will tell you this: after watching the team all season, a lot of us (including myself) thought we were going to get whacked by Kennesaw. JSU definitely stepped up for that game. Whether we sustain that going forward is TBD. But that JSU team Saturday played harder football than anything I've seen out of JSU since 2015. It wasn't the cleanest game from JSU, but it was a far cry from the uninspired slop we've been putting out all season.

I think both are good teams and anyone outside of NDSU who thinks they can waltz in and beat them is kidding themselves.

Both Wofford and Elon are good teams. Anything can happen. My confidence in KSU is growing, but it's certainly not to a point where I think it's a slam dunk we beat any playoff team aside from maybe a select few. Wofford/KSU would undoubtedly be an interesting match up, as would Elon/KSU. Excited to watch the game this weekend, and for the game on 12/1

And for what it's worth, unless you're NDSU, this feeling never shakes. I'm confident we'll beat Elon because I think we're a touch underrated (ranked ~12 when I think we're top 10), they play to our strengths, and they're beat up.

The playoffs are a lot about matchups and I think Wofford is one of the worst matchups for KSU. That's not to say KSU isn't a bad matchup for Wofford, I just assume that every defense we face is going to be good at this point, while I don't think KSU is quite used to that yet. Don't confuse my criticism and sometimes skepticism for KSU as confidence we'd win in a hypothetical matchup. I was similarly confident we'd beat Charleston Southern and the Citadel in the playoffs in 2016 (in spite of losing to the latter in OT in the regular season). Both of those games were very very close.

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2018, 12:18 PM

Thank God!

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2018, 12:20 PM

JSU is inconsistent. According to their fans they played to a 2015-level on Saturday.

Bison56
November 20th, 2018, 12:23 PM

I believe that JSU stepped up looking for some payback from last year. It will be interesting if they have a let down this week or continue playing to potential.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2018, 12:25 PM
I believe that JSU stepped up looking for some payback from last year. It will be interesting if they have a let down this week or continue playing to potential.

I can see us winning by 40+.

I can also see us losing by 2TDs.

Reign of Terrier
November 20th, 2018, 12:43 PM
The problem with evaluating both KSU and JSU is that the sample of meaningful games they play is very low. You can say JSU chokes because they lost their first playoff game in the last 2 years and you can say that KSU is somehow better vs. the rest of the field because they've beaten JSU in two straight close games, but neither of those is necessarily true. Sometimes good teams have bad days against other good teams (JSU) and sometimes good teams put it together for a small stretch of time (KSU).

Over the last few years, the only teams we could consistently and confidently say were good were JMU, Sam Houston State, NDSU, and Eastern Washington. There's a second tier of teams that have been close but still don't have the level of consistency of those teams (SDSU, UNI, Wofford, JSU, Kennesaw, and others). But this year, SHSU isn't in the playoffs and JMU isn't as good as normal. There's a tendency to throw the baby out with the bath water in terms of throwing Jacksonsville State and KSU under the bus because of their weak schedules. I'm against that thinking. I think they're comparable to the point that it's a toss up with any team in this second tier.

Birdman_
November 20th, 2018, 12:55 PM
The problem with evaluating both KSU and JSU is that the sample of meaningful games they play is very low. You can say JSU chokes because they lost their first playoff game in the last 2 years and you can say that KSU is somehow better vs. the rest of the field because they've beaten JSU in two straight close games, but neither of those is necessarily true. Sometimes good teams have bad days against other good teams (JSU) and sometimes good teams put it together for a small stretch of time.

Over the last few years, the only teams we could consistently and confidently say were good were JMU, Sam Houston State, NDSU, and Eastern Washington. There's a second tier of teams that have been close but still don't have the level of consistency of those teams (SDSU, UNI, Wofford, JSU, Kennesaw, and others). But this year, SHSU isn't in the playoffs and JMU isn't as good as normal. There's a tendency to throw the baby out with the bath water in terms of throwing Jacksonsville State and KSU under the bus because of their weak schedules. I'm against that thinking. I think they're comparable to the point that it's a toss up with any team in this second tier.

Makes a lot of sense. Match ups are incredibly important, and while there seem to be a lot of parity among the good teams outside of the top tier, some teams (Like JSU and KSU) play in such weak conferences that it's impossible to gauge because their sample of work is so diluted. This is compounded in the case of KSU considering it's only their 4th season of football - there just isn't a large enough sample size to reliably say they will or will not do anything.

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2018, 01:05 PM
The problem with evaluating both KSU and JSU is that the sample of meaningful games they play is very low. You can say JSU chokes because they lost their first playoff game in the last 2 years and you can say that KSU is somehow better vs. the rest of the field because they've beaten JSU in two straight close games, but neither of those is necessarily true. Sometimes good teams have bad days against other good teams (JSU) and sometimes good teams put it together for a small stretch of time.

I don't disagree with the speculation around KSU. While we are a 4th year team that has seemingly been trending upwards, you're right by saying we have a small sample of meaningful games. If we are having this same conversation in 5 years then it would be embarrassing for us as a program that we have not continued to increase our level of competition through stronger OOC games. For now, however, I'm okay with where we are but I certainly hope we start taking on tougher teams in the regular season.

The meaningful games that we have played are always followed by two compliments: our defense is surprisingly fast/good and our offense is way more than just your standard TO. I think we make it to the quarters but we would need a lot of help to have any shot at going to Fargo. I know we don't statistically stand a chance against NDSU but I hope we play like we aren't scared and keep it a respectable game.

ElCid
November 20th, 2018, 01:22 PM
Army played a sloppy game against Lafayette following their emotional win over Air Force. Monken tried to give the backup QB reps, they ran the FB up the middle alot numerous penalties etc. Both games were on CBS Sportnetwork. If there's an archive you can rewatch.

Yup, I watch a good amount of the Lafayette game, but only a few minutes of the Colgate game and Army was pretty relaxed playing Lafayette as compared to the colgate game. Not a good transitive comparison. Army is good this year and so is Colgate.

ElCid
November 20th, 2018, 01:30 PM
If Wofford gets by Elon, they will give KSU's running all sorts of fits. Part of KSUs success is they don't face a lot of teams that run the option. Wofford sees it ever single day and they know how to defend and manage games against run first offenses. If I was KSU I would be routing for Elon this week.

Reign of Terrier
November 20th, 2018, 01:37 PM
I don't disagree with the speculation around KSU. While we are a 4th year team that has seemingly been trending upwards, you're right by saying we have a small sample of meaningful games. If we are having this same conversation in 5 years then it would be embarrassing for us as a program that we have not continued to increase our level of competition through stronger OOC games. For now, however, I'm okay with where we are but I certainly hope we start taking on tougher teams in the regular season.

The meaningful games that we have played are always followed by two compliments: our defense is surprisingly fast/good and our offense is way more than just your standard TO. I think we make it to the quarters but we would need a lot of help to have any shot at going to Fargo. I know we don't statistically stand a chance against NDSU but I hope we play like we aren't scared and keep it a respectable game.

You have Wofford on the schedule a couple times over the next 5 years, so you'll be fine.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2018, 01:46 PM
If Wofford gets by Elon, they will give KSU's running all sorts of fits. Part of KSUs success is they don't face a lot of teams that run the option. Wofford sees it ever single day and they know how to defend and manage games against run first offenses. If I was KSU I would be routing for Elon this week.

El Cid is only other TO team in the SoCon.

Wofford isn't "seeing the TO everyday" anymore than Kennesaw is.

Kennesaw has seen a running team before. In fact, they played one Saturday and beat them.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2018, 06:02 PM
Hey MSUBobcat: You must think UIW is going to beat the Bison, right?

xlolx

MSUBobcat
November 20th, 2018, 06:07 PM
Hey MSUBobcat: You must think UIW is going to beat the Bison, right?

xlolx

Well since I don't see them playing you... nope. But it didn't cost me nothing to vote for the Bison, so what the hell. Might as well see if a few Bizuns get triggered that someone would have the audacity to pick them xnodxxlolx
I'm honestly quite surprised it took this long for anyone to notice.xconfusedx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2018, 06:22 PM
Well since I don't see them playing you... nope. But it didn't cost me nothing to vote for the Bison, so what the hell. Might as well see if a few Bizuns get triggered that someone would have the audacity to pick them xnodxxlolx

Hey, root for your team, we all do.

Personally, I'm looking forward to watching your QB (Anderson), kid is an outstanding athlete. But NDSU is a bad match up for the Cats IMO....but that is why the game is played....AGS. NDSU can stop the run so Anderson will need to throw it. NDSU has been susceptible to a running QB so I'm sure the game plan will be to run Anderson a lot.

Montana State probably hasn't played a team that runs power like NDSU does with G gap pulling. I've seen all OL pull this year.

ElCid
November 20th, 2018, 06:32 PM
El Cid is only other TO team in the SoCon.

Wofford isn't "seeing the TO everyday" anymore than Kennesaw is.

Kennesaw has seen a running team before. In fact, they played one Saturday and beat them.

But my point is they run a pretty similar offense so they can prepare just a tad better than the run of the mill team.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2018, 06:33 PM
But my point is they run a pretty similar offense so they can prepare just a tad better than the run of the mill team.

And Kennesaw can't?

katss07
November 20th, 2018, 07:01 PM
KSU is overhyped. They were last year and they are again this year.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2018, 07:06 PM
KSU is overhyped. They were last year and they are again this year.

Yeah, cause Sam Houston State sure is proving that teams stay exactly the same year to year.

phoenix3
November 20th, 2018, 07:29 PM
This won't happen either.

Preferred Walk-On
November 20th, 2018, 07:43 PM

Saw it right after you voted for it. Didn't really care. Good on you. I think what people are wondering is are you really serious at all?

I do recall a "last in" team in that took out a #4 seed at their place in 2010, so it really is not out of the realm of possibility. That is why they play the games.

Reign of Terrier
November 20th, 2018, 08:32 PM
One of the stats I look at when evaluating/predicting how good a team is, I look at the rate they score (on a per drive basis) and how often they prevent scores (some call it a stop rate). I've done it passively in the Socon over the last couple seasons. I got curious tonight and did it with the Big South to prove a point (I may do the OVC later this week).

In my evaluation, I don't include FBS or D2 teams because they skew the results heavily. I count non-scholarship teams, but I'm tempted to not.

Anyway, I think a lot of people cite Massey and Sagarin, but the former is basically a complicated points spread system. In a more complicated and nuanced way, if you play in a tough conference or regularly win games by 40, you look good in these rankings. The problem is, if you play a weak schedule and blow teams out consistently, it can give you an inflated impression of how good a team is.

Again, I'm not doing this to bash KSU so much I am trying to make the point that the computers probably overestimate them. Massey looks at only scoring exclusively, which is definitely helpful when predicting outcomes, but I think in the case of KSU, it's too inflated because it doesn't account for the variables I'm going to talk about.

Here are some basic heuristics for looking at these numbers:

An average offense has a score rate between 30-40%.
A good offense is between 45-50%.
An elite offense is probably 55%, but even then I think the best offenses never get higher than that. NDSU and JMU didn't last year, if I remember correctly.
A good defense holds teams to scoring 30% or less of the time
An average defense allows the other teams between 30-40% of the time
A bad defense allows teams to score more than 44% of the time (some are much worse)
An elite defense lets teams score between 15-25% of the time (though I think NDSU last year was 20)

So what's KSU's scoring rate on offense?
64%
What's their scoring rate on defense?
17%

Okay, maybe I'm being too critical. Maybe KSU actually is performing on NDSU levels (or beyond). Maybe I'm just too skeptical.

Well, if you look at their rate in the Big South, offensively it's 74% and defensively it's 12%. Of course, it makes sense that this would happen. The Big South is not a great conference this year. But even so, it's pretty terrible within the conference. Here are the percentage of each team:

Gardner Webb:
Overall offense: 22% Defense:43%
Big South offense: 28% defense: 34%
PC:
overall offense: 13% Defense: 43%
BS offense: 9% Defense: 44%
Charleston Southern:
overall offense: 22% Defense: 24%
BS offense: 21% Defense: 25%
Campbell:
overall offense: 28% Defense: 18%
BS offense: 26% Defense: 21%
Monmouth:
overall offense 41% Defense 31%
BS offense: 43% Defense: 27%

What does the above mean in English? Well, it means the entire Big South except Monmouth is really, really bad at offense. To put things in perspective, the worst offensive teams in the Socon (Chattanooga and VMI) are better against the socon than all but KSU and Monmouth are to the Big South (Chattanooga and VMI score 31% and 27% of the time against the Socon). Though it may look like Charleston Southern and Campbell have elite defenses, everyone knows that's not the case. The offenses are just so bad in the big south that some defenses in turn look good when they aren't.

For funsies, I even compared Gardner Webb's ratings against Socon teams and they are actually worse than they did against KSU offensively (12% to 25%) and comparably better on defense (56% compared to 66%).

Monmouth is obviously the exception, but if you take out the Princeton game, it's likely that Monmouth has equal success against Patriot league teams they play. The Big South is on par with the Patriot this year.

On top of that, when you look at how Kennesaw does against teams in power conferences (Jacksonville State, Montana State, Samford, Sam Houston State, and Georgia State who is basically FCS caliber) over the last couple years, their efficiency takes a nose dive and looks like an "average" good team. It's true, they won most of those games. But we should not be distracted by the fact that they are blowing out teams like Gardner Webb and PC, even if it's by a greater margin than teams like Wofford or ETSU.

Bottom line: Kennesaw state is still one of the biggest question marks in FCS. We already kind of knew that, but I hope in this post I demonstrated somewhat saliently that there's little to no evidence that they are head and shoulders above the playoff pack because of the weakness of their schedule. In other words, unless they go on another run and get to the quarterfinals, I don't know if they deserve a seed next year if they repeat their regular season performance.

ElCid
November 20th, 2018, 09:42 PM
And Kennesaw can't?

Absolutely, but I was taking about KSU facing Elon or Wofford. The tighter match up in my mind is Wofford and KSU and not Elon/KSU, since both Wofford and KSU know how to prepare, very well, for what they will face. It is in their nature and not just what other teams they face. I am not saying it is a lock they shut down each other, I am just saying they will be better prepared. Anything can happen in a game as you know. And dare I say it, I know an SEC team recently that did not prepare very well, even if they adjusted well at the half. That is why I love the triple option.

cx500d
November 20th, 2018, 10:23 PM
Absolutely, but I was taking about KSU facing Elon or Wofford. The tighter match up in my mind is Wofford and KSU and not Elon/KSU, since both Wofford and KSU know how to prepare, very well, for what they will face. It is in their nature and not just what other teams they face. I am not saying it is a lock they shut down each other, I am just saying they will be better prepared. Anything can happen in a game as you know. And dare I say it, I know an SEC team recently that did not prepare very well, even if they adjusted well at the half. That is why I love the triple option.
You should have came out after the half with an air raid offense

Reign of Terrier
November 20th, 2018, 10:27 PM
You should have came out after the half with an air raid offenseFun little anecdote, kind of related:

In 2008, Wofford had this all everything offense. We were set to play Elon who had an all everything rush defense. Wofford typically runs the spread, but this time we did something completely different, using tight ends as lead blockers. We blew them out.

This video may say something about it, I just remember our color commentators marveling at us breaking out a new formation and using it for 60% of the plays we ran that day

https://youtu.be/CL6XDy9cYGM

Birdman_
November 20th, 2018, 10:51 PM
Bottom line: Kennesaw state is still one of the biggest question marks in FCS. We already kind of knew that, but I hope in this post I demonstrated somewhat saliently that there's little to no evidence that they are head and shoulders above the playoff pack because of the weakness of their schedule. In other words, unless they go on another run and get to the quarterfinals, I don't know if they deserve a seed next year if they repeat their performance.

Excellent work. The sample size against good teams highlights your point that KSU will continue to be a question mark. There's very little evidence of anything other than KSU's ability to consistently blow out the weak teams in their conference - this is objectively true. KSU needs to put together a body of work against playoff caliber teams in order to truly know where they fit in their hierarchy of the FCS. Impossible to know right now, but I'd imagine the question marks will continue if they have an early exit (smaller sample size), and they'll subside a bit if they make a deep run - especially this year with the quality of that quarter of the bracket.

MSUBobcat
November 20th, 2018, 10:59 PM
Saw it right after you voted for it. Didn't really care. Good on you. I think what people are wondering is are you really serious at all?

I do recall a "last in" team in that took out a #4 seed at their place in 2010, so it really is not out of the realm of possibility. That is why they play the games.

xlolx **** no I'm not serious! I DO watch football. Crazy things happen in sports. But not THAT crazy!

ElCid
November 20th, 2018, 11:04 PM
You should have came out after the half with an air raid offense

I was thinking the same thing. That would have screwed them up.xrotatehx Only problem is our QB is still new and his timing is not quite down yet tossing it. He is a Soph who played B-Back last year (FB) and has been the backup QB all year and only started two weeks prior to last week, against WCU. He runs like he is a FB, downhill, but has some finesse as well. I think he got most of his reads correct. Missed a couple. Hard to tell against a beast defense like Bama.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2018, 04:19 PM
Bump.

Matchups are set.

ming01
November 25th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Colgate and Maine. I really, really like this Gate team, but JMUs offense is better as a whole

katss07
November 25th, 2018, 04:29 PM
Maine. Jacksonville State will pull the only upset of the weekend although I’m kind of on the fence with Nicholls and Wofford.

hoidOfYolen
November 25th, 2018, 05:18 PM
Colgate and Maine. I really, really like this Gate team, but JMUs offense is better as a whole

Idk, I really don't see Colgate losing to JMU. JMU's defense is good, but not good enough to hold Colgate to below 13, and I think Colgate will only need that many points to beat JMU. Colgate's D won't let that many points get past them.

ming01
November 25th, 2018, 05:42 PM
Idk, I really don't see Colgate losing to JMU. JMU's defense is good, but not good enough to hold Colgate to below 13, and I think Colgate will only need that many points to beat JMU. Colgate's D won't let that many points get past them.

Yes Colgates defense looked really physical vs Army. On paper this should be a pretty low scoring game

BisonBacker
December 1st, 2018, 08:43 AM
I'd probably change my vote with the Houston news but maybe it won't matter. Should be a good game I think either way.

maine612
December 1st, 2018, 03:00 PM
Not Maine. Not Colgate. Guess the committee might have got the seeds right.

TheValleyRaider
December 1st, 2018, 03:11 PM
Not Maine. Not Colgate. Guess the committee might have got the seeds right.

Nice going Bears xhighfivex

kdinva
December 1st, 2018, 04:02 PM
Seeds 3 for 3 so far........soon to be 5 for 5 the way the Dakota games are going....

phoenix3
December 1st, 2018, 04:04 PM
^^^^

MaineFan
December 1st, 2018, 07:06 PM
In the game called ”snow, wind, and #SouthernSpeedtm”, #SouthernSpeedtm trumps snow and wind all the time....just ask Big Fluffy teams

What you have to say now?????

MaineFan
December 1st, 2018, 07:08 PM
Have you dealt with #SouthernSpeedtm?

I'd sy we handled it quite well...but not so much for J-State

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 1st, 2018, 07:19 PM
None, it seems.