PDA

View Full Version : Furman to play Florida in 2011

putter
July 29th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Along with UNI it looks like the 12th game is starting to add up to some big matchups for I-AA. Good luck Palidins.

MR. CHICKEN
July 29th, 2005, 02:43 PM
K. C. KEELER...MENTIONED ON HIS RADIO SHOW ON THURSDAY NIGHT....DAT FLORIDA HAD CONTACTED DELAWARE FOR UH POSSIBLE GAME OR TWO........WE HAD DUH SENSE TA TURN 'EM DOWN....(CALL US CHICKEN....DERE..MAYBERRIES).......DON'T NEED UH SPANKIN' FO' DUH DUCATS....HENS PROGRAM IS SOLVENT....AN' DUH BASKET O' BUCKS WOULDN'T COVER OUR MEDICAL BILLS!.......:rolleyes:..........AWK!

putter
July 29th, 2005, 02:45 PM
....AN' DUH BASKET O' BUCKS WOULDN'T COVER OUR MEDICAL BILLS!.......:rolleyes:..........AWK!!

:spank: :spank: :D

Mr. Chicken I never though I would hear you say that... even though it is Florida!

MR. CHICKEN
July 29th, 2005, 02:52 PM
DUH CHICKEN JES' ACTS STUPID......HOWEVERAH...WHEN IT COMES TA VIRTUAL REALITY......DIS AVIAN IS UH Phd!....:rotateh:.............BAWK!

putter
July 29th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Of course Montana State went into the Swamp when they had Emmitt Smith and only got beat 69-0 so there is hope for the Palidins......

thirdgendin
July 29th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Of course Montana State went into the Swamp when they had Emmitt Smith and only got beat 69-0 so there is hope for the Palidins......

Furman lost to Spurrier's first Florida team in 1990, 27-3. We led 3-0 but didn't get much further.

putter
July 30th, 2005, 12:53 AM
27-3, that is a great showing against Florida. Hopefully you can do it again.

ngineer
July 30th, 2005, 09:20 PM
At what point in the season is that scheduled. First game out, may not be too bad, but after a few games under the belt, and all cylinders clicking, it could be ugly, though I wish the Paladins the best. On ags....

thirdgendin
July 31st, 2005, 07:14 AM
At what point in the season is that scheduled. First game out, may not be too bad, but after a few games under the belt, and all cylinders clicking, it could be ugly, though I wish the Paladins the best. On ags....

It's actually scheduled for Nov. 19, the week before the playoffs start. We'll definitely be better prepared, but I'm not sure if I like having it that close to the playoffs.

dungeonjoe
July 31st, 2005, 07:15 AM
It's actually scheduled for Nov. 19, the week before the playoffs start. We'll definitely be better prepared, but I'm not sure if I like having it that close to the playoffs.

Six years out, I would hope you have enough time to prepare! :eek:

Paladin05
July 31st, 2005, 10:33 PM

Actually, its the opposite for the Paladins.
(since 1982)
Versus 1-As in weeks 1 and 2: 0-12-1
Versus 1-As after week 2: 5-4 (losses were FSU, UF, GT and Pitt)

ngineer
July 31st, 2005, 10:46 PM

Yeah, I'd be concerned over some key players getting knocked out with no time to recuperate. Of course, in this game, the injury monster can bite anywhere--look at poor Boler at Delaware. Out for the season on a 7 on 7 skeleton drill injury :(

OL FU
August 1st, 2005, 07:55 AM
Yeah, I'd be concerned over some key players getting knocked out with no time to recuperate. Of course, in this game, the injury monster can bite anywhere--look at poor Boler at Delaware. Out for the season on a 7 on 7 skeleton drill injury :(

Less concerned about injuries than a humiliating defeat. In my recollection of I-A games, FU has not had injuries, with the exception of last year. As you said, injuries can happen anytime. I think a larger concern would be heading into to a game with high hopes of pulling the upset and getting smashed 50-0 and then going to the playoff game.