PDA

View Full Version : Nicholls State v San Diego

Cocky
November 18th, 2018, 12:13 PM
Site is super busy taking awhile to get all the games up

Hood
November 18th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Copy/paste from what I posted to a friend's page: USD is 9-2 with only losses being to Big Sky playoff representative UC Davis (9-2) and very average Harvard (6-4). They were undefeated in league play, and of note, their league does not offer scholarships. So going 8-0 against non scholarship teams in their league. Check. Lost to another non-scholarship 6-4 team in Harvard. Check. Lost to scholarship team UC Davis. Check. Their only significant win against a team offering scholarships was against Division II Western New Mexico, 38-9. Western New Mexico went 0-10. NO GAME IS A GIVEN but USD could be a paper tiger.

Original to AGS: USD could very well march into Thibodaux and also kick some teeth in. Games are not played on paper but Nicholls is hot right now. USD isn't Houston Baptist or 2018 SELU (y'all will bounce back, Lions) but Nicholls isn't Western New Mexico. That 8-0 record in Pioneer is very impressive at any level, but on Saturday it won't mean a thing for four quarters.

I'm excited to see it. Hope some USD fans can make the trip and enjoy the area. The Houma/Thibodaux area will treat you well. Less than an hour from New Orleans so feel free to venture that way if you want but spend your money in Houma/Thibodaux :D .

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 02:02 PM
I expect this to be a good game. If Nicholls plays like they did against SLU, then USD will definitely have their hands full.

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2018, 02:57 PM
San Diego gonna take out EWU.

Watch.

cx500d
November 18th, 2018, 03:00 PM
I hope Nicholls takes USD lightly like the big fluffy did the last couple years

bonarae
November 18th, 2018, 03:12 PM
Nicholls by 1 or 2 scores.

lionsrking2
November 18th, 2018, 03:14 PM
This will be a blowout. Colonels got a great draw and will advance to round 2 pretty easily.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 03:14 PM
I hope Nicholls takes USD lightly like the big fluffy did the last couple years

First Cal Poly then Northern Arizona. Nicholls might do the same thing.

lionsrking2
November 18th, 2018, 03:15 PM
First Cal Poly then Northern Arizona. Nicholls might do the same thing.

Toreros have no chance in Thibodaux.

cx500d
November 18th, 2018, 03:19 PM
Toreros have no chance in Thibodaux.

They've heard similar stories before

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 03:21 PM

If Nicholls get by San Diego the trip up to EWU will be a total beat down.

cx500d
November 18th, 2018, 03:23 PM
If Nicholls get by San Diego the trip up to EWU will be a total beat down.

It would really be fun if its cold as **** and snowing like hell

lionsrking2
November 18th, 2018, 03:47 PM

They havent played Nicholls in Thibodaux before

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2018, 03:58 PM
Nicholls pulls it out late

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 04:01 PM
They havent played Nicholls in Thibodaux before

Big deal. Nicholls is no huge home advantage. USD is a warm weather team also.

USD is not as good as the last 2 teams that made the playoffs but watching Nicholls this year, they are not world beaters and USD has a good chance of beating them.

Cocky
November 18th, 2018, 04:41 PM

USD is not as good as the last 2 teams that made the playoffs but watching Nicholls this year, they are not world beaters and USD has a good chance of beating them.

Its the culture not the weather that will be the shocker.

lionsrking2
November 18th, 2018, 04:43 PM

Never said they were but they will have no trouble beating USD at home.

lionsrking2
November 18th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Its the culture not the weather that will be the shocker.

This and the fact they play much better at home.

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 05:18 PM
I'm actually looking forward to a Nicholls vs EWU game...

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2018, 07:53 PM
Here's a look at how these teams matchup statistically.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4847/44130796640_7c725403d7.jpg

Bisonwinagn
November 18th, 2018, 08:57 PM
This USD team is nowhere as good as the last few years. They will be destroyed or at least lose 45-20.

woffordgrad94
November 18th, 2018, 10:08 PM
As an aside, I have never been to San Diego and would love to visit. But USD loses this game.

Reign of Terrier
November 18th, 2018, 10:18 PM
Nicholls looks better in the stat column than I anticipated, especially compared to their conference foes.

I think they'll win this one, but it'll be a tougher game than some are implying. San Diego has more playoff wins than most of the FCS. Including Nicholls.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2018, 09:12 PM
Big Sky officiating crew in this one according to the refstripes discussion board (http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?topic=14211.0).

Hopefully they won't hold a grudge against San Diego for making their conference look silly the last couple years. :D

SpreadTheWord
November 19th, 2018, 10:10 PM
Nicholls will have at least 2 20+ yard TD runs...

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2018, 10:25 PM
You're being pretty generous to San Diego's run defense with that statement I think. Nicholls has the 13th best rushing offense in the FCS and San Diego has the 22nd worst rushing defense (playing mostly against non-scholarship competition). I could see Nicholls easily running for 300+ yards in this one. It's going to be very tough to San Diego to keep up no matter how good their QB plays (he is very good).

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2018, 11:02 PM
Having watched some Davidson film, I can conclude that the reason they rack up ungodly rushing numbers is because Pioneer defenses don't have the same closing speed as the rest of the subdivision. The result: more long running plays. Gains that would go for 5-15 yards in another conference go to the house, regardless of where the ball is on the field.

This is relevant because San Diego is not immune. Davidson ran for like 700 yards on them. Nichols should win. They probably won't rack up as much yardage as Davidson, but they'll sustain longer drives and keep the ball away from San Diego's offense.

Nicholls is a good team that can run the ball well. That's a good formula for the playoffs and everyone should take notice.

ElCid
November 19th, 2018, 11:25 PM

No. They will have at least 4 20+ yard TD runs. SD was destroyed by Davidson's running a couple weeks ago.

97Torero
November 19th, 2018, 11:56 PM
Can’t diasgree with much of what has been said here. USD is at a disadvantage for sure. The environment won’t be an issue. 2nd round games in the Fargo dome the last couple years took care of that. Overall depth is the biggest issue. The last couple years they had a lot more experience on the lines than what they have this year. The offense will score. But can the defense rise up. Davidson and it’s triple option definitely provided much to worry about. Going back through the year, this is a team that led Davis after 3 quarters at Davis. There is talent there.
My optimism says we can take this. But I don’t thinknteama take USD lightly anymore and the eastward travel always presents a problem.

agalum
November 20th, 2018, 08:23 AM
Going back through the year, this is a team that led Davis after 3 quarters at Davis. There is talent there.

Well, sort of. It was 20-0 UC Davis at the half. SD took the lead briefly in the third, then the Ags put up 34 unanswered for a final score of 54-21. With that said, no question SD can put up points.

97Torero
November 20th, 2018, 09:52 AM
Well, sort of. It was 20-0 UC Davis at the half. SD took the lead briefly in the third, then the Ags put up 34 unanswered for a final score of 54-21. With that said, no question SD can put up points.
Admittedly, they’ve had trouble stopping a lot of teams from putting up points. Can’t afford to come out sleepy and end up in a hole.

cx500d
November 20th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Admittedly, they’ve had trouble stopping a lot of teams from putting up points. Can’t afford to come out sleepy and end up in a hole.
I hope you show up and add SLC to your list of big fluffy victims.

JacksFan40
November 20th, 2018, 10:13 AM
San Diego needs to jump on Nicholls early, make them play catch-up. I think this’ll be a shootout, I’ll take San Diego 45-42. Mostly because I want to see them beat another Scholarship team in the playoffs. Though I wouldn’t be surprised to see Nicholls roll through them.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2018, 08:31 PM
San Diego at Nicholls, How To Watch and Fearless Predictions:

https://www.college-sports-journal.com/csj-first-round-playoff-preview-san-diego-at-nicholls/

Outsider1
November 21st, 2018, 08:42 PM
I hope you show up and add SLC to your list of big fluffy victims.

Why, afraid to face Nicholls this year?

cx500d
November 21st, 2018, 10:43 PM
Not hardly

Outsider1
November 21st, 2018, 11:02 PM
Not hardly

What ever.....

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2018, 07:01 AM

xlolx

Nicholls would do worse than Sammy did last in years playoff match up with the Bison.

Outsider1
November 22nd, 2018, 08:42 AM
xlolx

Nicholls would do worse than Sammy did last in years playoff match up with the Bison.

No one really gives a rat's ass about your broken record... xcoffeex

JacksFan40
November 22nd, 2018, 09:16 AM
You obviously do for bringing up NDSU. It’s impossible to win at trash talking NDSU when they have all those titles.

Bison56
November 22nd, 2018, 09:18 AM
You obviously do for bringing up NDSU. It’s impossible to win at trash talking NDSU when they have all those titles.

Idiot tries to start s%&t on every thread.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2018, 09:20 AM

Here is a novel idea: win some games!

xlolx

Keep up the fight though....xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Idiot tries to start s%&t on every thread.

He'll be back under his rock soon enough....

Outsider1
November 22nd, 2018, 09:26 AM
I have no rock and even if your team wins games, you are still a group of punk ass pansies... xcoffeex

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2018, 09:34 AM
I have no rock and even if your team wins games, you are still a group of punk ass pansies... xcoffeex

Hey keep them coming. "punk ass pansies" is great...xlolx

Ya, our team wins games and it is great...xthumbsupx

Hey look it up.....I wonder if NDSU has won more playoff games then the whole of the Softland conference....xchinscratchx

Outsider1
November 22nd, 2018, 09:36 AM
Yep, acknowledged that xthumbsupx

cx500d
November 22nd, 2018, 09:50 AM
Yep, acknowledged that xthumbsupx
Acknowledged, yet pansies, huh? You should seek help from a professional. Maybe you have been out in the mesquite barrens for too long.

Reign of Terrier
November 22nd, 2018, 10:00 AM
I'm a critic of the Southland conference as much as anyone. I view them a step below the socon because I don't think they have the same depth and I think their top teams lack consistency in the playoffs.

But still, I think people are selling then way too short. Incarnate Word's losses are only to playoff teams and FBS teams. Glancing at the scoreboard, they have a stellar offense. Lamar has won 6 straight games.

I think we should stop looking at them as teams that definitely don't deserve to be in and thus will definitely lose. They're bubble teams. It happens every year. Instead, I think it's better to look at them like they're taking a test.

Daytripper
November 22nd, 2018, 10:59 AM
Been gone on vacation a while. But, as expected, a thread dealing with a Southland team has turned in to another Bison oriented cluster****.

TheKingpin28
November 22nd, 2018, 11:51 AM
Been gone on vacation a while. But, as expected, a thread dealing with a Southland team has turned in to another Bison oriented cluster****.

You and your ilk try to start something they know they cannot finish, and when push comes to shove, somehow, the Softland ends up as the runner up.

Outsider1
November 22nd, 2018, 01:59 PM
Acknowledged, yet pansies, huh? You should seek help from a professional. Maybe you have been out in the mesquite barrens for too long.Because you being punk ass pansies has nothing to do with your team or their record; just personal POS..... But that is by y'all's choice. You can choose different if you wish.

Sent from my BLU_S1 using Tapatalk

Outsider1
November 22nd, 2018, 01:59 PM
You and your ilk try to start something they know they cannot finish, and when push comes to shove, somehow, the Softland ends up as the runner up.LOL, you dumb asses know this has nothing to do with football right???

Outsider1
November 22nd, 2018, 02:01 PM
You obviously do for bringing up NDSU. It’s impossible to win at trash talking NDSU when they have all those titles.Their titles and wins have nothing to do with them being assholes ;) That is just their excuse.

TheKingpin28
November 22nd, 2018, 02:01 PM
LOL, you dumb asses know this has nothing to do with football right???

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CheNOrCWgAEekC5.jpg

TheKingpin28
November 22nd, 2018, 02:02 PM
Their titles and wins have nothing to do with them being assholes ;) That is just their excuse.

Yet you keep perpetuating the escalation of words, so all you are doing is proving your a hypocritical ****.

Outsider1
November 22nd, 2018, 02:02 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CheNOrCWgAEekC5.jpgYep...... And you're still a dumbass. What's your point?

Outsider1
November 22nd, 2018, 02:03 PM
Yet you keep perpetuating the escalation of words, so all you are doing is proving your a hypocritical ****.Because you keep trying to defend yourselves.

Outsider1
November 22nd, 2018, 02:05 PM
If you are angry at being called out, stop doing things to be called out about.. I don't mind being an asshole to fellow assholes. You get what you give, simple as that...

TheKingpin28
November 22nd, 2018, 02:05 PM
Yep...... And you're still a dumbass. What's your point?

No cops

Outsider1
November 22nd, 2018, 02:06 PM
No copsWho needs cops?

TheKingpin28
November 22nd, 2018, 02:07 PM
Because you keep trying to defend yourselves.

So disagreeing with someone gives you the right to call them a dumbass? Enjoy being a keyboard warrior. You are the Wonder of white bread.

TheKingpin28
November 22nd, 2018, 02:08 PM
Who needs cops?

You are a Novembrist and that is why you didn't get the joke. Go shoo away and kiss the ring of your Softland overlords. You would be in the correct position anyway.

Bison56
November 22nd, 2018, 02:29 PM
Dont waste pages responding to trolls.

woffordgrad94
November 22nd, 2018, 05:35 PM
Now this is some Thanksgiving Day entertainment better than the Macy’s Parade xpopcornx

cx500d
November 22nd, 2018, 07:34 PM
Now this is some Thanksgiving Day entertainment better than the Macy’s Parade xpopcornx
Usually you are the entertainment

JacksFan40
November 22nd, 2018, 09:17 PM
Man I’m excited to watch the Southland get s**tstomped by 2 of the best conferences in the FCS. And the Big Sky as wel. :D

F'N Hawks
November 22nd, 2018, 10:07 PM
Good stuff.

Trapper..
November 22nd, 2018, 10:07 PM
You're being pretty generous to San Diego's run defense with that statement I think. Nicholls has the 13th best rushing offense in the FCS and San Diego has the 22nd worst rushing defense (playing mostly against non-scholarship competition). I could see Nicholls easily running for 300+ yards in this one. It's going to be very tough to San Diego to keep up no matter how good their QB plays (he is very good).

Nicholls will run for 300 in the first half

Bisonwinagn
November 22nd, 2018, 10:16 PM
USD gave up 789 yards rushing against Davidson. Nichols should easily rush for 4-5 hundred unless USD puts all 11 guys in the box.

Reign of Terrier
November 22nd, 2018, 10:28 PM
The reason why Davidson ran for so many yards is because Davidson also has a terrible defense. The result? 18 possessions for each team. Both scored so fast (Davidson with 9 possessions lasting less than 2:00) and played such poor defense that they couldn't help but rack up the yards.

Nicholls however has something resembling a defense (the pioneer doesn't have sufficient athletes with closing speed to stop big runs). This means that, yes, San Diego will get some yardage (as will Nicholls), but the drives for San Diego will last longer so long as they aren't three and outs.

So, I don't think Nicholls will rack up 300 yards by half time. But a 400 or even 500 yard rushing day is certainly possible

lionsrking2
November 22nd, 2018, 11:04 PM
The reason why Davidson ran for so many yards is because Davidson also has a terrible defense. The result? 18 possessions for each team. Both scored so fast (Davidson with 9 possessions lasting less than 2:00) and played such poor defense that they couldn't help but rack up the yards.

Nicholls however has something resembling a defense (the pioneer doesn't have sufficient athletes with closing speed to stop big runs). This means that, yes, San Diego will get some yardage (as will Nicholls), but the drives for San Diego will last longer so long as they aren't three and outs.

So, I don't think Nicholls will rack up 300 yards by half time. But a 400 or even 500 yard rushing day is certainly possible

Nicholls more than resembles a defense, they're pretty good on that side of the ball. They wont have many issues in this one other than what they give up with a big lead.

Reign of Terrier
November 22nd, 2018, 11:14 PM
Nicholls more than resembles a defense, they're pretty good on that side of the ball. They wont have many issues in this one other than what they give up with a big lead.I agree. The defense comment was more of a knock on the pioneer league defenses. The bar is lowwwwww

Thumper 76
November 22nd, 2018, 11:41 PM
Nichols SHOULD win by however many they want to. Whether or not they will is the real question. I don’t think they’ll look past them with this being their first team in the playoffs in a while, and two years of a warning for them courtesy of the Big Sky. God it would be funny though if San Diego pulls it off with how much some Southland fans are feeling themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElCid
November 22nd, 2018, 11:48 PM
God it would be funny though if San Diego pulls it off with how much some Southland fans are feeling themselves.

But would it be as funny for MVFC fans if Lamar beat UNI?xsmiley_wix

Thumper 76
November 22nd, 2018, 11:54 PM
But would it be as funny for MVFC fans if Lamar beat UNI?xsmiley_wix

As funny? No prolly not. Funny? Absolutely. Tbh I don’t think UNI fans would be that upset, it would really give the AD extra ammo to move on from Farley. Most MVFC fans would prolly just shake their heads and call it a 100% UNI move.

You really want ammo to unload on the MVFC? Have UNI drop the Lamar game, and then SDSU drop their likely matchup with Towson (both are fairly possible). That would cause such an Armageddon of posters from every conference unleashing their full angst on the perceived coattail riding of ndsu by other MVFC teams it might shut the board down xlolx

ElCid
November 23rd, 2018, 12:00 AM
As funny? No prolly not. Funny? Absolutely. Tbh I don’t think UNI fans would be that upset, it would really give the AD extra ammo to move on from Farley. Most MVFC fans would prolly just shake their heads and call it a 100% UNI move.

You really want ammo to unload on the MVFC? Have UNI drop the Lamar game, and then SDSU drop their likely matchup with Towson (both are fairly possible). That would cause such an Armageddon of posters from every conference unleashing their full angst on the perceived coattail riding of ndsu by other MVFC teams it might shut the board down xlolx

Too funny.

Towson is good, I watched them when we played them and their QB is real good, sickening good. A one score game at SDSU would not surprise me.

Thumper 76
November 23rd, 2018, 12:04 AM
Too funny.

Towson is good, I watched them when we played them and their QB is real good, sickening good. A one score game at SDSU would not surprise me.

Not to drift too far, but with that game I could see any outcome from when Garrapollo made his ill fated trip to the plains all the way to the Indy St game this year. I have a hard time seeing the Jacks get blown out though. Both of their losses the games were real close games, the UNI game was a one score game until a pick 6 with under minute left in the game.

Scooter
November 23rd, 2018, 12:10 AM
I think that Nicholls has the advantage physically. If San Diego can keep Nicholls guessing on defense they have a shot. I'm still trying to understand how Davidson racked up over 750 yards rushing vs USD.

USD defense is bad....game to Nicholls by 10 pts or more.

BisonBacker
November 23rd, 2018, 12:26 AM
If Nicholls prepares for the game the same as Poly did a couple years ago it could be interesting. As to Thumpers comments about the MVFC and any team in it losing during the playoffs you already know those comments are coming. When you're the top dogs the yappers knipping at your ankles are always there xnodx

ElCid
November 23rd, 2018, 12:33 AM
I think that Nicholls has the advantage physically. If San Diego can keep Nicholls guessing on defense they have a shot. I'm still trying to understand how Davidson racked up over 750 yards rushing vs USD.

USD defense is bad....game to Nicholls by 10 pts or more.

The only good teams SD played all year were Davis and Harvard, both away games. SD lost by 33 and 22 respectively. Neither has as good of a Defense as Nicholls. Although their offenses are undoubtedly better than Nicholls. But Nicholls has stepped up the last few games and put some serious points up. In any event, I am thinking 20 or more.

lionsrking2
November 23rd, 2018, 01:13 AM
If Nicholls prepares for the game the same as Poly did a couple years ago it could be interesting. As to Thumpers comments about the MVFC and any team in it losing during the playoffs you already know those comments are coming. When you're the top dogs the yappers knipping at your ankles are always there xnodx

I suppose anything could happen on a given Saturday, but I don't think Nicholls will get caught looking ahead. They have an underdog mentality as it is and play with a chip on their shoulder due to having the smallest budget in the SLC (of the football schools) and limited success historically. They aren't taking anyone for granted and they have a great coaching staff. IMO, they are more solid than good but are really athletic, play physical defense, can run the football, and play really good at home. For those who have never been to Thibodaux, it can make for an uncomfortable trip if it's your first time, and they have great fans.

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2018, 10:40 AM
Too funny.

Towson Defense is as bad as Flacco is good

ming01
November 23rd, 2018, 12:07 PM
Winners win

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 03:09 PM
#WestCoast vs#SouthernSpeedtm

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 03:23 PM
7-7....

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 03:27 PM
well, maybe SD will win the ToP battle, given it only takes a couple plays for Nicholls to score

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 03:32 PM
San Diego needs to forget about the run for a while

katss07
November 24th, 2018, 03:39 PM
lol san diego rush defense lol

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 03:40 PM
lol san diego no defense lol
FYP

Trapper..
November 24th, 2018, 04:00 PM
lol san diego rush defense lol

Thank goodness Nicholls is passing.

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 04:06 PM
Lyndsey not happy about that targeting....I saw him mouth "BS"

Hood
November 24th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Announcers trying to give Nicholls benefit of the doubt on that OPI but it was fair. WR clearly pushed off. Not happy the team didn't try to follow up with something following the penalty, but we get the ball after the half, so no sense in being irresponsible, I guess.

kdinva
November 24th, 2018, 05:05 PM
TD Nichols, score now 42-10; 9:58 in 3rd.....

BisonBacker
November 24th, 2018, 05:06 PM
Congrats Nicholls.

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 05:07 PM
Usd apparently can only beat the big fluffy

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2018, 05:07 PM
TD Nichols, score now 42-10; 9:58 in 3rd.....

Really looking forward to their trip to EWU. I just hope the weather isn't like the Apple Cup last night. Give the boys from Cajun Country mid to low 30s with dry conditions and see what happens.....

kdinva
November 24th, 2018, 05:13 PM
TD Torreos...........42-17, ;;;;;;;7:50 in the 3rd.

Bisonator
November 24th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Congrats to the Colonels!

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 05:46 PM
Td usd....only 2 scores down now

Trapper..
November 24th, 2018, 05:47 PM
Usd apparently can only beat the big fluffy

👀

katss07
November 24th, 2018, 05:47 PM
This game isn’t close to over. I hope Nicholls hasn’t checked out already!

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 05:48 PM
20 unanswered points by usd.....

Hood
November 24th, 2018, 05:49 PM
What is this madness?

97Torero
November 24th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Trying to make a game of it.

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 05:52 PM
Nicholls seemed to have let off the gas when they had a big lead...they got a good drive going now...usd needs to stop them here if they want a chance

Bison56
November 24th, 2018, 05:53 PM
Someone want to tell me again how Nicholls was going to win this easy?

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2018, 05:56 PM
i Like the Nicholls QB....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2018, 05:58 PM
That should do it. San Diego put up a good fight but NSU's offense too much.

BisonBacker
November 24th, 2018, 06:00 PM
Someone want to tell me again how Nicholls was going to win this easy?
Sure. 49 to 30 easyxnodx

97Torero
November 24th, 2018, 06:00 PM
just can't stop the run.

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 06:02 PM
Forcade is a tough runner, but wish he would knock off the mouthiness and taunting against USD

Bison56
November 24th, 2018, 06:03 PM
Forcade is a tough runner, but wish he would knock off the mouthiness and taunting against USD
Not a fan of that either, you’re winning have some class.

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 06:25 PM
Good try toreros...you got in a big hole and tried to climb out...you belonged in the playoffs

good job nicholls

Daytripper
November 24th, 2018, 06:29 PM
Congrats to Nicholls. Way to rep the Southland. Keep playing hard. I get a feeling that the Southland, believe it or not, could become top-heavy in the next few years...

Trapper..
November 24th, 2018, 06:34 PM
just can't stop the run.

Nope, evident all season, no adjustments made.

Trapper..
November 24th, 2018, 06:35 PM
Good try toreros...you got in a big hole and tried to climb out...you belonged in the playoffs

good job nicholls

I'll be rooting for them next week.

Outsider1
November 24th, 2018, 07:31 PM
Great game Nichols. Stay healthy and keep pushing forward...

Hood
November 25th, 2018, 03:10 AM
I don't know Chase Fourcade so I can't vouch for his character on a personal level, but everything I've read around the local media is he's a very positive good sport kind of person. I don't know what was going on for him to trash talk in that obvious manner, but home team bias, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that his opponent engaged and he responded. I could be wrong, but so could you. *shrug* There will always be outliers but this is probably one of the more respectable rosters we've had in a while.

Someone I know (who is NOT me) worked for NSU during the Stubbs era (when we went 1-10, 0-12, etc..) and clued me in on a LOT of stuff that you'd expect to hear getting brushed under a rug at a bigger school, but going on at Nicholls. Person had access to witness a lot of it and wasn't under confidentiality or gag orders so was free to tell me stuff that could have made the paper if Stubbs wasn't able to get to campus at all hours of the night to put out metaphorical fires. And what's sad I heard his recruiting issues always stemmed from wanting guys of the highest moral fiber, regardless of talent.

Person no longer works there, so this stuff COULD be going on now or Rebowe could have it under control. The only other person I know with an "in" (and verified some of other) hasn't spoken of "yeah this is our team but...." type things.

So yeah, Chase showing his a** wasn't the best example of Nicholls values (which all trash talk aside that got HAMMERED into your head during Freshman studies and extracurriculars when I was there). Hopefully regardless of outcome next week, any humble pie eaten is for talent vs talent and nothing more.