Cocky
November 18th, 2018, 12:09 PM
First time for ICW to make the playoffs

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Go Bobcats!!

BisonBacker
November 18th, 2018, 12:11 PM
Montana State already has their bags packed for Fargo.

dewey
November 18th, 2018, 12:14 PM
Could be a lot of players for Incarnate Word seeing cold for the first time.

My prediction is Montana State coming to Fargo for the 2nd round.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 12:15 PM

xlolx

I cannot wait for the Bison to bitch slap the kitties....

Grizalltheway
November 18th, 2018, 12:16 PM
xlolx

I cannot wait for the Bison to bitch slap the kitties....
Me either. It's all I have at this point.xlolxxthumbsupx

JacksFan40
November 18th, 2018, 12:18 PM
Montana State will b*tchslap UIW and then get rewarded with being the sacrifice to please our Bison overseers.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 12:22 PM
Me either. It's all I have at this point.xlolxxthumbsupx

Thought you were a Bison hater....xeyebrowx

BisonBacker
November 18th, 2018, 12:27 PM
He is but like he said it's all he's got xnodx

Grizalltheway
November 18th, 2018, 12:28 PM
I hate the cats infinitely more, especially after yesterday. I thought that would be obvious.xeyebrowx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 12:32 PM
He is but like he said it's all he's got xnodx

Which ever Montana team won probably would have been funneled thru Fargo.

Cupcake 1st game for the Bison....xnodx.....Griz would have been a cupcake also....xlolx

Bisonator
November 18th, 2018, 12:35 PM
These threads need polls cocky. Come on man!

grizband
November 18th, 2018, 12:35 PM
Which ever Montana team won probably would have been funneled thru Fargo.

Cupcake 1st game for the Bison....xnodx.....Griz would have been a cupcake also....xlolxGriz probably would have been funneled through EWU, since they didn't play in the regular season.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 12:39 PM
Griz probably would have been funneled through EWU, since they didn't play in the regular season.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Maybe. But would IW be sent to the Griz also if they would have been in?

katss07
November 18th, 2018, 12:59 PM
Y’all underestimate UIW. That’s just how they like it. They have the best running back/quarterback duo in the Southland. This is a good team that is making significant strides. I’m surprised they got in honestly but they are no slouch.

Montana St looked good after half yesterday. That Anderson kid is pretty good. I’m looking foward to this game. Go Cards!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 01:04 PM
Y’all underestimate UIW. That’s just how they like it. They have the best running back/quarterback duo in the Southland. This is a good team that is making significant strides. I’m surprised they got in honestly but they are no slouch.

Montana St looked good after half yesterday. That Anderson kid is pretty good. I’m looking foward to this game. Go Cards!

Montana State 42-7

katss07
November 18th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Montana State 42-7
MSU 38-27

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2018, 01:10 PM
Montana State wins by a bunch....and then buys out the 2nd round game.

lionsrking2
November 18th, 2018, 01:19 PM
Weather could be a factor for UIW offense but MSU better be ready to score a bunch of points. UIW will score on them.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 01:22 PM
Weather could be a factor for UIW offense but MSU better be ready to score a bunch of points. UIW will score on them.

This game will over as soon as those TX boys get off the plane in the cold weather.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2018, 01:23 PM
Montana State is definitely trending in the right direction. A home playoff game against a winnable team has to be gravy at this point for the folks in the Gallatin Valley. Whoever wins will clearly get crushed by NDSU. But there's no shame in that either...lol

Silenoz
November 18th, 2018, 01:24 PM

To paraphrase some Bobcat fan "I'd cheer for Al-Quada versus Montana"

...in other words, we don't cheer for each other, almost ever. Even if they're playing someone as likeable as you guys.

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 01:26 PM
1) Weather will be an issue.
2) Most everyone is disrespecting and underestimating UIW, but don't expect anything else from this crowd. It's who they are.
3) MSU 42 - 32 UIW.

wapiti
November 18th, 2018, 01:37 PM
I do not see the Bobcat's thumping UIW. I do not think the weather will be much of a factor either.

That said I feel as though MSU will be the favorite, but the game will most likely be close.

I do not know much about UIW, but it looks like they have a good passing game and a decent running game. The Cat's will have their hands full with this game.

Home field advantage will be the difference.

UIW 24 MSU 27

Hood
November 18th, 2018, 01:43 PM
I hate how weather is always an issue when the Southern teams go North but the time the Dakotas came to Thibodaux in September 20xx(?) and it was sweltering, they were not affected at all.

No fair xlolx xbawlingx

TennBison
November 18th, 2018, 01:51 PM

Don't try selling the rest of the world on UIW just because you think they are good for beating your team or finishing well in the Southland. How many times have we had to hear about how teams from the Southland having great players (best player this,best player that), or the dreaded "southern speed" on a team thinking those teams would do well, only to watch them get smoked.

lionsrking2
November 18th, 2018, 01:52 PM
A lot easier to go cold to hot than hot to cold. That said, Coastal Carolina didnt have a problem a few years back at Montana. This game will be a lot closer than people think.

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 01:55 PM
Don't try selling the rest of the world on UIW just because you think they are good for beating your team or finishing well in the Southland. How many times have we had to hear about how teams from the Southland having great players (best player this,best player that), or the dreaded "southern speed" on a team thinking those teams would do well, only to watch them get smoked.

Yep UIW, please don't even bother showing up. You aren't worth piss, concede it and move on to your money thumping...... xcoffeex

TennBison
November 18th, 2018, 01:55 PM
To paraphrase some Bobcat fan "I'd cheer for Al-Quada versus Montana"

...in other words, we don't cheer for each other, almost ever. Even if they're playing someone as likeable as you guys.
Just like NDSU or UND. You are not very likely to find die hard fans from either of those schools cheering for the other team no matter what is going on.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 18th, 2018, 02:14 PM
I would rather contract AIDS and die from a round house kick to the head than root for the bobcats

BisonBacker
November 18th, 2018, 02:17 PM
I would rather contract AIDS and die from a round house kick to the head than root for the bobcats

LOL tell us how you really feel Alpha xlolx

cx500d
November 18th, 2018, 02:24 PM
Does Montana State have enough @SouthernSpeedtm

Tuna85
November 18th, 2018, 02:25 PM
Not a fan of UIW. Go Bobcats! Signed North Alabama fan.

SpreadTheWord
November 18th, 2018, 03:53 PM

We're sorry for hurting your feelings.

cx500d
November 18th, 2018, 03:54 PM
We're sorry for hurting your feelings.

Holy ****, here come the Novembrists!

veinup
November 18th, 2018, 03:57 PM
Ah crap, incarnate word has Southern Speed?? I’ll have to adjust my prediction...

FormerPokeCenter
November 18th, 2018, 03:58 PM
So far, I like this one. Got a little bit of salt to him, but not too over the top...nice use of response-in-kind....we should keep an eye on him. I've seen worse initial postings...

Cocky
November 18th, 2018, 04:01 PM
These threads need polls cocky. Come on man!
If you can add please do, it is beyond my computer skills.

AmsterBison
November 18th, 2018, 04:10 PM
1) Weather will be an issue.
2) Most everyone is disrespecting and underestimating UIW, but don't expect anything else from this crowd. It's who they are.
3) MSU 42 - 32 UIW.

Hard to get past the fact that UIW is giving up 34.0 ppg - and scoring 34.3 points. That's mediocre.

BisonBacker
November 18th, 2018, 04:11 PM

Just like clockwork. They're like whores coming out on a Saturday night xlolx

BisonBacker
November 18th, 2018, 04:13 PM
Oh and forgot to say they'll be as hard to find after they lose like whores in a church on Sunday mornings

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 04:13 PM
Just like clockwork. They're like whores coming out on a Saturday night xlolx

Oh but IW has a potent offense....xlolx

They're going to get boat raced.

katss07
November 18th, 2018, 04:14 PM
I can’t take you seriously considering you think Monmouth should be in.

Gil Dobie
November 18th, 2018, 04:17 PM
Well, whoever wins, I just bought my tickets for the game at the Fargodome. Look forward to seeing your team.

lionsrking2
November 18th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Oh but IW has a potent offense....xlolx

They're going to get boat raced.

You might be surprised.

SpreadTheWord
November 18th, 2018, 04:19 PM
Oh and forgot to say they'll be as hard to find after they lose like whores in a church on Sunday mornings

Whores lose? Who's keeping score when they're in church then?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 04:20 PM
IW scoring defense: #93

IW total defense: #109

Now add in possible bad weather and a team that will run the ball and run it some more.....

Kitties rout IW

- - - Updated - - -

You might be surprised.

Really?

Convince me then.

katss07
November 18th, 2018, 04:26 PM
IW scoring defense: #93

IW total defense: #109

Now add in possible bad weather and a team that will run the ball and run it some more.....

Kitties rout IW

- - - Updated - - -

Really?

Convince me then.
Which of these teams have you watched this season?

Hammersmith
November 18th, 2018, 04:27 PM
Interesting... Incarnate Word is guaranteed 2 more games this year. If they win, they play NDSU. If they lose, they play Iowa State.

NM...Looks like the Iowa State game was automatically cancelled when UIW made the playoffs. Makes sense. Iowa State wouldn't want to be unsure if the game was happening just 7 days before.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 04:32 PM
Which of these teams have you watched this season?

I've watched both teams. Montana State more. Internet and Fox Sports package is nice...xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
November 18th, 2018, 04:38 PM
Whores lose? Who's keeping score when they're in church then?
We'll see how much you hang around (hope you do) after your team gets boat raced.

katss07
November 18th, 2018, 04:40 PM
I've watched both teams. Montana State more. Internet and Fox Sports package is nice...xthumbsupx
Well then you’d know the Jon Copeland is a great quarterback and the UIW has a strong running game, good in cold weather. Montana State wasn’t impressive in the first half yesterday. This won’t be a blowout.

UIW doesn’t have a great defense but I think the offense can hang.

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2018, 04:43 PM
Two words: Ball girls....thirsty?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 05:10 PM
Well then you’d know the Jon Copeland is a great quarterback and the UIW has a strong running game, good in cold weather. Montana State wasn’t impressive in the first half yesterday. This won’t be a blowout.

UIW doesn’t have a great defense but I think the offense can hang.

Go check out post #47.

Crappy defense is a better description.

Iridebikes
November 18th, 2018, 05:10 PM
Picked the Cats to make the playoffs in August and I think they will make it to Fargo in two weeks. Solid team with some character.

KPSUL
November 18th, 2018, 07:52 PM
Can anyone offer any explanation what-so-ever why Incarnate Word was selected?

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2018, 07:53 PM
Here's a look at how these teams matchup statistically.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4861/45947200721_146df9296f.jpg

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 08:22 PM
Here's a look at how these teams matchup statistically.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4861/45947200721_146df9296f.jpg

Again, thanks Professor!

Screamin_Eagle174
November 18th, 2018, 08:23 PM

Same reason why UNH was selected last year; committee incompetence.

Hammerhead
November 18th, 2018, 08:26 PM
That’s what people thought when Coastal Carolina made their first trip north.
Could be a lot of players for Incarnate Word seeing cold for the first time.

My prediction is Montana State coming to Fargo for the 2nd round.

Dewey

katss07
November 18th, 2018, 08:33 PM
Good team that were Co-Champs of one of the Top 4 FCS conferences. Only losses in the FCS were on road to other playoff teams. Blowouts over traditional powers like SHSU and McNeese. Also won on the road against UCA. The weak bubble aided them and I assume they picked UIW over Lamar (the other Cardinals were the last team in), Indiana St (one decent win and a sub D1 win) or Monmouth (nothing of any quality).

McNeese75
November 18th, 2018, 08:41 PM
Good luck to the Cards!!!!

Bisonwinagn
November 18th, 2018, 08:46 PM
This game will be closer than people think. Bobcats coming off the Brawl game in Montana while IW was resting during a bye week. If they keep it close at halftime it will be interesting second half.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 18th, 2018, 09:27 PM
Both teams suck and shouldnt be in the playoffs

Reign of Terrier
November 18th, 2018, 10:14 PM
Over/under should be 80 IMO

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

KPSUL
November 18th, 2018, 10:27 PM
Same reason why UNH was selected last year; committee incompetence.

You might want pull your head out of your butt before posting: UNH won a first round game and beat a #4 seed in Round 2 last season.

MSUBobcat
November 18th, 2018, 10:33 PM
Montana State wins by a bunch....and then buys out the 2nd round game.

Agreed. Turns out there's a money game with Iowa State the same day due to UIW backing out on short notice. We are already in negotiations. We'd fare better against Iowa State AND get paid for our efforts. Easy choice. 😁

KPSUL
November 18th, 2018, 10:37 PM
Good team that were Co-Champs of one of the Top 4 FCS conferences. Only losses in the FCS were on road to other playoff teams. Blowouts over traditional powers like SHSU and McNeese. Also won on the roadagainst UCA. The weak bubble aided them and I assume they picked UIW over Lamar (the other Cardinals were the last team in), Indiana St (one decent win and a sub D1 win) or Monmouth (nothing of any quality).

Top 4 is highly debatable. Didn't IWU have only 6 wins? But thanks for the explanation, the UCA AD did a terrible job explaining anything about the tough decisions made by the committee this season. I agree about Monmouth but not Indiana State.

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2018, 10:40 PM
Agreed. Turns out there's a money game with Iowa State the same day due to UIW backing out on short notice. We are already in negotiations. We'd fare better against Iowa State AND get paid for our efforts. Easy choice. 😁

Solid business decision. Dont blame you. :D

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 10:41 PM
Top 4 is highly debatable. Didn't IWU have only 6 wins? But thanks for the explanation, the UCA AD did a terrible job explaining anything about the tough decisions made by the committee this season. I agree about Monmouth but not Indiana State.

If you wanna whine, go take it on the AGS Meltdown thread. Get your cheese there....

KPSUL
November 18th, 2018, 10:44 PM
If you wanna whine, go take it on the AGS Meltdown thread. Get your cheese there....

We'll see which conferences are doing the whining after Round #1

MSUBobcat
November 18th, 2018, 10:45 PM
Solid business decision. Dont blame you. :D

Damn skippy! Get PAID to get embarrassed LESS?! Ummmmmm. How do you say no?? xeyebrowx

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 10:50 PM
We'll see which conferences are doing the whining after Round #1

The wins and losses will take care of themselves on the field. Again, you wanna whine, go get your cheese somewhere else...

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2018, 10:59 PM
Damn skippy! Get PAID to get embarrassed LESS?! Ummmmmm. How do you say no?? xeyebrowx

I have no idea. Only problem though is if you guys beat "The Word", I think they get to play in Ames a week later.

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 11:05 PM
I have no idea. Only problem though is if you guys beat "The Word", I think they get to play in Ames a week later.

That would actually be interesting to see how it would play out. It would go against the contract but if the big school needs the game, who knows what they would do.

TheRevSFA
November 18th, 2018, 11:07 PM

Everybody knows that the bird is the word.

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2018, 11:12 PM

100% of "The Word"''s success is because they played in Fargo during gameday week. Sources tell me. #bookit #pizzahut

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 11:16 PM

LOL... Thanks Rev, can always count on you for a good laugh.

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2018, 11:20 PM
100% of "The Word"''s success is because they played in Fargo during gameday week. Sources tell me. #bookit #pizzahut

Pizza Hut? Teh fuk is this ****? Are we eating flavored cardboard now? It's Casey's Breakfast Pizza or bust. #sorrynotsorry

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2018, 11:21 PM
Pizza Hut? Teh fuk is this ****? Are we eating flavored cardboard now? It's Casey's Breakfast Pizza or bust. #sorrynotsorry

****ing millenial

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2018, 11:30 PM

There's a QuikTrip in Frisco. I'll introduce you in January.

MSUBobcat
November 18th, 2018, 11:47 PM

Actually, come to think of it... a game against the Bison in round 2 is prolly more valuable recruiting-wise than a worse-than-$#itty bowl game against Iowa state on Dec. 1. We'll make the trip

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2018, 11:51 PM
****ing millenial

You're a millennial.

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2018, 11:52 PM

I have been to QT and Kum and Go, neither of which hold a candle to Casey's.

Bisonoline
November 18th, 2018, 11:55 PM
I have been to QT and Kum and Go, neither of which hold a candle to Casey's.

WTF??? Caseys cant hold a candle to QTs over all selections and their bakery products. Caseys has---breakfast pizza. Thats it.

dewey
November 18th, 2018, 11:57 PM
It is amazing how we, Bison fans, can turn any thread into who is a better gas station/pizza argumentxlolx

Dewey

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2018, 11:58 PM
WTF??? Caseys cant hold a candle to QTs over all selections and their bakery products. Caseys has---breakfast pizza. Thats it.I thought that's what were talking about, breakfast pizza. If I want bakery, I'd go to Holiday or Sandy's.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

dewey
November 18th, 2018, 11:59 PM

Nice. We will make sure you have some yellow for you to wear since your JSU colors won't be neededxthumbsupx

Dewey

Bisonoline
November 19th, 2018, 12:04 AM
I thought that's what were talking about, breakfast pizza. If I want bakery, I'd go to Holiday or Sandy's.

Dude they only have sandys in Fargo. Holiday is ok but QT is the best bakery when youre on the road.

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2018, 12:06 AM
Dude they only have sandys in Fargo. Holiday is ok but QT is the best bakery when youre on the road.I know they only have that in Fargo and I like to stop there when I'm in town. Since I'm here in the cities, where I live and work, it's either Holiday, Speedway (used to be Super America) or not having anything. We do not have a legit bakery near where I live otherwise I'd be thrilled.

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2018, 12:12 AM
It is amazing how we, Bison fans, can turn any thread into who is a better gas station/pizza argumentxlolx

Dewey

Dafuq? Is this s#!t for real? Who TF is eating gas station food? I know it's your mega thread title or whatever so assumed it was some midwest inside joke.

Schism55
November 19th, 2018, 12:29 AM
Dafuq? Is this s#!t for real? Who TF is eating gas station food? I know it's your mega thread title or whatever so assumed it was some midwest inside joke.
You haven't lived until you've had gas station sushi :D

lionsrking2
November 19th, 2018, 12:31 AM
You haven't lived until you've had gas station sushi :D

You haven't died either. Just sayin.

jsualumnus
November 19th, 2018, 12:34 AM
Glad for UIW, but this will be an ass drubbing.

Bisonoline
November 19th, 2018, 12:35 AM

Dewey

Dewey my man......

You know how well we travel. You gotta know where to fuel up and get some good grub to get to your destination. No sit down meals until you get there. Unless there is something exceptional that warrants a stop.

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2018, 01:00 AM
Dewey my man......

You know how well we travel. You gotta know where to fuel up and get some good grub to get to your destination. No sit down meals until you get there. Unless there is something exceptional that warrants a stop.

FFS add 10 extra minutes to your time budget and get..... anything else. Now back to your regularly scheduled conversation about 1) how no team from the south can win in the cold 2) southern speed or 3) UIW robbed (insert other $#itty bubble team here) of a playoff spot.

Bisonoline
November 19th, 2018, 01:08 AM
FFS add 10 extra minutes to your time budget and get..... anything else. Now back to your regularly scheduled conversation about 1) how no team from the south can win in the cold 2) southern speed or 3) UIW robbed (insert other $#itty bubble team here) of a playoff spot.

What??? 10 minutes???? If Im sitting down for a meal its going to be longer than that.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2018, 06:15 AM
Dewey my man......

xnodx

QT bakery is nice when he have to hit and run on the road!

cx500d
November 19th, 2018, 07:12 AM
Nice. We will make sure you have some yellow for you to wear since your JSU colors won't be neededxthumbsupx

Dewey

Also the local Frisco and Plano businesses save their tables and rooms and discounts for people wearing green and gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cx500d
November 19th, 2018, 07:13 AM
You haven't died either. Just sayin.

But you might

Pards Rule
November 19th, 2018, 08:28 AM
I love the name! IC! Rooting for Montana State as a very good friend, alum there, passed in April. We would always talk FCS and he would always check on the Leopards. RIP Ron Holm.

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 08:36 AM
WTF??? Caseys cant hold a candle to QTs over all selections and their bakery products. Caseys has---breakfast pizza. Thats it.Thank you.

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2018, 10:08 AM
What??? 10 minutes???? If Im sitting down for a meal its going to be longer than that.

You do realize there's dining options between gas station food :pumpuke: and a full-blown sit-down meal, yes? I'd rather eat at McDonald's than Ejaculate and Evacuate. Oops, my bad, it's Kum & Go. Most decent sized towns have multiple quick options right off the interstate. Try Popeye's, 5 Guys, Chipotle, etc. Hell, have Jimmy John's deliver to the on-ramp and save time. Besides, the amount of time saved by not having to stop to paint a toilet 30 minutes down the road will more than make up for the extra time to not eat that garbage.

catbob
November 19th, 2018, 10:12 AM
So. What kind of offense does UIW run?

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2018, 10:15 AM
You do realize there's dining options between gas station food :pumpuke: and a full-blown sit-down meal, yes? I'd rather eat at McDonald's than Ejaculate and Evacuate. Oops, my bad, it's Kum & Go. Most decent sized towns have multiple quick options right off the interstate. Try Popeye's, 5 Guys, Chipotle, etc. Hell, have Jimmy John's deliver to the on-ramp and save time. Besides, the amount of time saved by not having to stop to paint a toilet 30 minutes down the road will more than make up for the extra time to not eat that garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAWzh9hOzgI

cx500d
November 19th, 2018, 10:19 AM

They only have a defense. They will be leaving the offense home.

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2018, 10:26 AM

How DARE you talk football on a gas station food thread! xrolleyesx

catbob
November 19th, 2018, 10:27 AM
You remember the Gourmet Gas Station near 4 corners?

Silenoz
November 19th, 2018, 10:28 AM
You remember the Gourmet Gas Station near 4 corners?

I remember the one that wasn't a gas station...

POD Knows
November 19th, 2018, 10:33 AM
You do realize there's dining options between gas station food :pumpuke: and a full-blown sit-down meal, yes? I'd rather eat at McDonald's than Ejaculate and Evacuate. Oops, my bad, it's Kum & Go. Most decent sized towns have multiple quick options right off the interstate. Try Popeye's, 5 Guys, Chipotle, etc. Hell, have Jimmy John's deliver to the on-ramp and save time. Besides, the amount of time saved by not having to stop to paint a toilet 30 minutes down the road will more than make up for the extra time to not eat that garbage.Gas station food is awesome, humans need it to build up their immune systems that have been destroyed by vaccines and antibiotics. I know all the 5 star gas station brat places in the upper midwest. Good eatin'

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Gas station food is awesome, humans need it to build up their immune systems that have been destroyed by vaccines and antibiotics. I know all the 5 star gas station brat places in the upper midwest. Good eatin'

xlolx I like the theory, but if it builds up the immune system, why does it make you poo thru a screen door? Does that mean it's killing the bad stuff and the poison has to be expelled?

Silenoz
November 19th, 2018, 10:54 AM
xlolx I like the theory, but if it builds up the immune system, why does it make you poo thru a screen door? Does that mean it's killing the bad stuff and the poison has to be expelled?

That's just your body expelling the "toxins." Who knew POD was such a hippie new age health guy.

100%GRIZ
November 19th, 2018, 10:58 AM
A lot easier to go cold to hot than hot to cold. That said, Coastal Carolina didnt have a problem a few years back at Montana. This game will be a lot closer than people think.
Never forget that game - Coastal dressed properly for the cold - the Griz did not (tough guys) & I believe it helped Coastal win the game.

Silenoz
November 19th, 2018, 11:30 AM
Never forget that game - Coastal dressed properly for the cold - the Griz did not (tough guys) & I believe it helped Coastal win the game.
I remember walking to the game and the wind was so bad my face hurt. Worst. Weekend. Ever.

People said the same thing about Wofford too.

And I was at the MSU Sammy game awhile back too. They didn't appear too affected.

That being said, if MSU doesn't kill these guys I'd be shocked.

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2018, 11:38 AM

I never understand this mentality. No one cares how "tough" you think you look. Dress for the weather and win the damn game. I think the Cats and Griz have proven time and time again that the "cold" is not insurmountable for southern teams. All that Southern Speed tends to warm a guy up.

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2018, 11:45 AM
My hot take on weather:

Cold weather doesn't help either team. If anything, it's an equalizer. Most of the FCS season is played before November and the weather doesn't start getting really cold anywhere until then. I know people up north are more acclimated to playing in colder weather on average, but there's a difference between playing in 40-50 degree weather while folks down south are playing in 60-70 weather and playing in below 30. Few teams regularly play below 30. That's one of my pet theories about (partially) why some teams just totally lay an egg in the playoffs.

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2018, 11:51 AM
My hot take on weather:

Cold weather doesn't help either team. If anything, it's an equalizer. Most of the FCS season is played before November and the weather doesn't start getting really cold anywhere until then. I know people up north are more acclimated to playing in colder weather on average, but there's a difference between playing in 40-50 degree weather while folks down south are playing in 60-70 weather and playing in below 30. Few teams regularly play below 30. That's one of my pet theories about (partially) why some teams just totally lay an egg in the playoffs.

Theoretically, a team from the north should have an advantage because 25-30 degrees for us is long sleeve and light jacket weather. The problem as I see it, and as 100%GRIZ and Silenoz alluded to, is that the dumbsh!+s up north give away the advantage by not wearing any damn sleeves, gloves, etc. A northerner dressed similarly to a southerner is going to be MUCH more comfortable in cold weather. xtwocentsx

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2018, 12:09 PM

I’m being dead ass serious when I say I would take Casey’s Breakfast Pizza over all those listed outside 5 guys, but they aren’t that common out here, especially near interstates.

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2018, 12:12 PM
My hot take on weather:

I’ve seen a lot of teams quit in Brookings in games that I 10000000% believe the cold was a large factor. It’s not every game, but if the Jacks jump on a team who is REAL cold they fold real bad. Off the top of my head EIU and ISUr both were games like that.

Hell you could see the USeD defense wanted nothing to do with hitting Strong after the first quarter. Made for a LOT of broken arm tackles.

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 12:24 PM
I’m being dead ass serious when I say I would take Casey’s Breakfast Pizza over all those listed outside 5 guys, but they aren’t that common out here, especially near interstates.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou mean this Five Guys?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181119/32359899bdd406fcb71d77ce4b34380d.jpg

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2018, 12:25 PM
You mean this Five Guys?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181119/32359899bdd406fcb71d77ce4b34380d.jpg

Yep. We do have them in Fargo and Sioux Falls. Pretty sparse between there though.

lionsrking2
November 19th, 2018, 12:26 PM
My hot take on weather:

Depends on how your team is built. UIW runs a spread uptempo attack, similar to Texas Tech and Oklahoma, with a true freshman QB who will remind some of Baker Mayfield. While they can run the ball, the ability to spread the field and throw it down field is their bread and butter. Not sure how well that offense will travel to sub 30 degree temps. We will find out Saturday. All I know is if they are clicking, they can score points in bunches, and they play opportunistic defense. They've gained more turnovers than anyone in the league and played one less game.

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2018, 01:04 PM
Depends on how your team is built. UIW runs a spread uptempo attack, similar to Texas Tech and Oklahoma, with a true freshman QB who will remind some of Baker Mayfield. While they can run the ball, the ability to spread the field and throw it down field is their bread and butter. Not sure how well that offense will travel to sub 30 degree temps. We will find out Saturday. All I know is if they are clicking, they can score points in bunches, and they play opportunistic defense. They've gained more turnovers than anyone in the league and played one less game.

Welp.... we're screwed then. Our secondary is dog$#it. Gave up 1st downs on 3rd and 17 or more at least twice. Rarely contested passes. Only thing that saves us is we are pretty good at pressuring the QB. If we can't get to him..... it's gonna be a completion. Only question is, for how many yards.

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2018, 01:15 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNow I want Five Guys

lionsrking2
November 19th, 2018, 01:40 PM
Welp.... we're screwed then. Our secondary is dog$#it. Gave up 1st downs on 3rd and 17 or more at least twice. Rarely contested passes. Only thing that saves us is we are pretty good at pressuring the QB. If we can't get to him..... it's gonna be a completion. Only question is, for how many yards.

Get ready for a shootout then, and don't turn the ball over. They aren't very sound on defense but they do have some good players and they're just looking to create turnovers to steal possessions. You'll gain yards and score some points but they're just looking to have more possessions at the end of the game. If you struggle to defend the passing game, it could be a long day. And they'll hit you with the run as well. Again, if they struggle throwing it and catching it in the cold, it could be a long day for them.

SpreadTheWord
November 19th, 2018, 01:49 PM

UIW practices in the mornings from 7-9 a.m. and it'll be in the low 40's around that time here in San Antonio this week. I know that's nowhere near how cold it'll be up in Bozeman but it should help to get the guys acclimated at least a little bit. Better than practicing in the low 60's all week. As far as the game goes, getting the running game off to a fast start will be key. Running back Ra'Quanne Dickens is a Walter Payton Award finalist and needs to get the ball early and often. If they can do that it'll make things a lot easier on true freshman QB Jon Copeland and the rest of the offense. Defensively I believe they're a very solid group that has played very inconsistently at times, inexcusably giving up big plays in our two conference losses. If UIW can create some turnovers and not give up breakaway runs then they should have a decent chance of winning this game. I see this being a good, close game that'll be decided late in the 4th quarter. Just my two cents.

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2018, 02:30 PM
UIW practices in the mornings from 7-9 a.m. and it'll be in the low 40's around that time here in San Antonio this week. I know that's nowhere near how cold it'll be up in Bozeman but it should help to get the guys acclimated at least a little bit. Better than practicing in the low 60's all week. As far as the game goes, getting the running game off to a fast start will be key. Running back Ra'Quanne Dickens is a Walter Payton Award finalist and needs to get the ball early and often. If they can do that it'll make things a lot easier on true freshman QB Jon Copeland and the rest of the offense. Defensively I believe they're a very solid group that has played very inconsistently at times, inexcusably giving up big plays in our two conference losses. If UIW can create some turnovers and not give up breakaway runs then they should have a decent chance of winning this game. I see this being a good, close game that'll be decided late in the 4th quarter. Just my two cents.

I wouldn't lean on those 2 points to win the game. MSU has only 11 TO's on the year and it's mostly terrible INT's by Anderson (8 INT and 3 lost fumbles). Furthermore, we've only surrendered 34 points off those TO's. Not saying it can't happen, but it hasn't been our weakness. As to the other point, if you can contain Anderson the whole game... well, you'll have accomplished something that no one has been very successful at all year. He gets stronger as the game goes on and almost never gets brought down by 1 defender.

I agreed that it'll be a game til the final whistle. You're going to want to exploit our weak secondary, IMO. If you have a good passing attack, I see the over/under as at least 60, easily.

veinup
November 19th, 2018, 02:30 PM
i'm going to pick the cats to beat incarnate wizard. please don't let me down.

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2018, 02:35 PM
i'm going to pick the cats to beat incarnate wizard. please don't let me down.

Awww, you're just trying to jinx us with your kiss of death!

Grizalltheway
November 19th, 2018, 02:39 PM
Awww, you're just trying to jinx us with your kiss of death!

And miss out on seeing NDSU do to the cats what they did to us in 2015? Never! ;)

ming01
November 19th, 2018, 02:43 PM
MSU should win as long as they dont look ahead. IW's offense may keep them in it.

SpreadTheWord
November 19th, 2018, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't lean on those 2 points to win the game. MSU has only 11 TO's on the year and it's mostly terrible INT's by Anderson (8 INT and 3 lost fumbles). Furthermore, we've only surrendered 34 points off those TO's. Not saying it can't happen, but it hasn't been our weakness. As to the other point, if you can contain Anderson the whole game... well, you'll have accomplished something that no one has been very successful at all year. He gets stronger as the game goes on and almost never gets brought down by 1 defender.

I agreed that it'll be a game til the final whistle. You're going to want to exploit our weak secondary, IMO. If you have a good passing attack, I see the over/under as at least 60, easily.

It'll definitely be well over 60 which will make for some fun playoff football. Best of luck to you and the Bobcats this weekend!

Hammerhead
November 19th, 2018, 04:02 PM
What's better for Incarnate Word -- Beating Montana State and then getting throttled in Fargo for a free airplane ride or losing and then getting paid to get throttled at Iowa State?

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa-state/football/2018/11/19/iowa-state-cyclones-incarnate-word-jamie-pollard-big-12/2054605002/
"Incarnate Word has indicated to us that they plan to play in the game against us on Dec. 1 in the event they lose this weekend," Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard said.

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 04:03 PM
Now I want Five Guys

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkIt was delicious.

SpreadTheWord
November 19th, 2018, 04:39 PM
What's better for Incarnate Word -- Beating Montana State and then getting throttled in Fargo for a free airplane ride or losing and then getting paid to get throttled at Iowa State?

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa-state/football/2018/11/19/iowa-state-cyclones-incarnate-word-jamie-pollard-big-12/2054605002/
"Incarnate Word has indicated to us that they plan to play in the game against us on Dec. 1 in the event they lose this weekend," Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard said.

I look at it as a win-win situation for UIW. Getting a playoff win and playing against the greatest FCS team in the country would not only be great for recruiting purposes but our young players would gain tremendous experience as well. Nobody does it better than NDSU. Also, if we lose, we would still have another game against a top quality opponent on national TV, along with $300,000 to go towards facility upgrades on campus. Hindsight is always 20/20, so we probably shouldn't have cancelled our game against North Alabama because we'd probably have a better spot in the playoffs with that win but I think it's a good spot to be in all things considered.

cx500d
November 19th, 2018, 04:43 PM
I look at it as a win-win situation for UIW. Getting a playoff win and playing against the greatest FCS team in the country would not only be great for recruiting purposes but our young players would gain tremendous experience as well. Nobody does it better than NDSU. Also, if we lose, we would still have another game against a top quality opponent on national TV, along with $300,000 to go towards facility upgrades on campus. Hindsight is always 20/20, so we probably shouldn't have cancelled our game against North Alabama because we'd probably have a better spot in the playoffs with that win but I think it's a good spot to be in all things considered.
You’ve played us before...is that what helped your recuruiting?

McNeese75
November 19th, 2018, 04:44 PM

I think a complete overhaul of the coaching staff including the former OC at Texas Tech as head coach had something to do with that.

SpreadTheWord
November 19th, 2018, 04:49 PM

It definitely helped to spread the word about our small Catholic institution here in South Texas for sure. Everything about this year's team is completely different from the 2014 Cardinals you encountered (and slaughtered). New players, coaching staff, athletic director and even university president are different now (for the better). While we're nowhere near NDSU's level, we're definitely on our way I believe.

lionsrking2
November 19th, 2018, 04:50 PM
I think a complete overhaul of the coaching staff including the former OC at Texas Tech as head coach had something to do with that.

This.

SpreadTheWord
November 19th, 2018, 04:50 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/prGwyBLmDzeJa/giphy.gif

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2018, 06:02 PM

You sure about the national tv bit? Our cancelled game with them was on their DII level pre ESPN+ days cyclone.tv to watch it and they tried to offer me the make up game instead of returning my money so I would assume that’s the way they’re going with it.

FCSbuff319
November 19th, 2018, 06:17 PM

Cal Poly had their bags packed for Fargo a couple of years ago, as well. These first round upsets happen all the time. On paper, Incarnate Word seems to be a relatively similar team to Idaho State. A dynamic offense that can both pass the ball (4th in the country in yards per game) and run the ball (average around 170 yards per game). Granted, they don't have the backs ISU had, but their passing game might be a little bit stronger. I think they have the talent to give the Bobcats a game, they'll just need to show up. If the Cats start slow like they did last weekend, they could be playing catch up all game.

Outsider1
November 19th, 2018, 06:37 PM

I appreciate your comments sometimes, but please take changes into consideration before making a comment like this unless you just really don't give a sh&t.

Tuna85
November 19th, 2018, 07:40 PM

I agree, you should not have cancelled your game against North Alabama. 'Course you might not have had a place in the playoffs at all. Ah well, we will never know.

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2018, 08:03 PM
Cal Poly had their bags packed for Fargo a couple of years ago, as well. These first round upsets happen all the time. On paper, Incarnate Word seems to be a relatively similar team to Idaho State. A dynamic offense that can both pass the ball (4th in the country in yards per game) and run the ball (average around 170 yards per game). Granted, they don't have the backs ISU had, but their passing game might be a little bit stronger. I think they have the talent to give the Bobcats a game, they'll just need to show up. If the Cats start slow like they did last weekend, they could be playing catch up all game.

You mean like playing catch up from 22-0 in one of the hardest places in the FCS? That kind of catch up? I wouldn't get too worked up being down 10 early at home. I wouldn't think it was in the bag of the situation was reversed either.

Outsider1
November 19th, 2018, 08:13 PM
You mean like playing catch up from 22-0 in one of the hardest places in the FCS? That kind of catch up? I wouldn't get too worked up being down 10 early at home. I wouldn't think it was in the bag of the situation was reversed either.

You guys are going to give a good game. I wouldn't expect you to get 22-down, or near that, but more like scoring back and forth. I think your defense will be enough to prevent any massive gaps.

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2018, 08:17 PM
You guys are going to give a good game. I wouldn't expect you to get 22-down, or near that, but more like scoring back and forth. I think your defense will be enough to prevent any massive gaps.

No, I don't see being down 22 especially at home. I think this is one of those games where I'll do a shot for a defensive hold rather than when we score. Gotta protect the liver a lil bit.

cx500d
November 19th, 2018, 08:26 PM
Any truth to the rumor that Montana State is going to buy UIW out of the game, and then buy NDSU out the next week?

SpreadTheWord
November 19th, 2018, 08:36 PM
I agree, you should not have cancelled your game against North Alabama. 'Course you might not have had a place in the playoffs at all. Ah well, we will never know.

In our defense, I do think we're just a "little" bit better than Campbell is this year. I could be wrong but like you said, we'll never know...

- - - Updated - - -

Any truth to the rumor that Montana State is going to buy UIW out of the game, and then buy NDSU out the next week?

If you read it on the internet then it's true. Everything on the internet is true.

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2018, 08:37 PM

Well, since ISU is holding the date open for UIW, it fu(k$ up my orginally stated plan of beating them AND taking the $300k payout. So I guess we'll just see y'all in Fargo. We want some of the exposure that UIW got in 2014.

SpreadTheWord
November 19th, 2018, 08:40 PM
Well, since ISU is holding the date open for UIW, it fu(k$ up my orginally stated plan of beating them AND taking the $300k payout. So I guess we'll just see y'all in Fargo. We want some of the exposure that UIW got in 2014.

The real exposure didn't come from Gameday. It came from being all over Carson Wentz's highlight tape at the draft.

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2018, 09:07 PM
MVFC officiating crew in this one according to the refstripes discussion board (http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?topic=14211.0).

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2018, 09:26 PM
MVFC officiating crew in this one according to the refstripes discussion board (http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?topic=14211.0).

Good, bad or ugly??

UIWCards16
November 19th, 2018, 09:34 PM
What a year for our UIW Cardinals. From 1-10 to Co Southland Champs. It's been a fun ride. Eric Morris and staff have the changed the culture in less than 12 months. This team isn't even a shell of what they were back in '14 when they went to Fargo. Would love for them to get another shot. They'll be ready come Saturday. Defense is very opportunistic and the offense will spread you out. Funny...I'm watching Pat Mahomes light it up tonight, Morris was his OC at Tech. Hoping Copeland will have similar results come Saturday!

SpreadTheWord
November 19th, 2018, 09:39 PM
What a year for our UIW Cardinals. From 1-10 to Co Southland Champs. It's been a fun ride. Eric Morris and staff have the changed the culture in less than 12 months. This team isn't even a shell of what they were back in '14 when they went to Fargo. Would love for them to get another shot. They'll be ready come Saturday. Defense is very opportunistic and the offense will spread you out. Funny...I'm watching Pat Mahomes light it up tonight, Morris was his OC at Tech. Hoping Copeland will have similar results come Saturday!

https://media1.tenor.com/images/837072ca19e3c5cebea76e2693f3100d/tenor.gif?itemid=11796793

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2018, 09:49 PM
- - - Updated - - -

https://media1.tenor.com/images/837072ca19e3c5cebea76e2693f3100d/tenor.gif?itemid=11796793

Wait..... You're the Novembrist? No, I'm the Novembrist!

UIWCards16
November 19th, 2018, 09:50 PM

- - - Updated - - -

They should give instruction manuals when you join the FCS... But hey better late than never!

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2018, 09:57 PM
They should give instruction manuals when you join the FCS... But hey better late than never!

Welcome aboard!

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2018, 10:19 PM
Good, bad or ugly??
Well, I don't think most MVFC fans hate our conference officials as much as most fans in other conferences seem to hate their conference officials. So that's good I guess. I believe the MVFC works in conjunction with the MAC and the Big Ten and crews/officials are promoted up through the MVFC to the MAC to the Big Ten (and I suppose relegated back down in some cases). The MVFC director of officiating (also the director of officiating in the MAC and Big Ten) is former NFL referee Bill Carollo.

In general I think MVFC officials let players play moreso than most FCS officials especially when it comes to offensive holding calls and pass interference calls. I do sometimes miss that style of officiating when we get into the playoffs and flags fly if a DB breathes near a receiver while the ball is en route.

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2018, 10:44 PM
Well, I don't think most MVFC fans hate our conference officials as much as most fans in other conferences seem to hate their conference officials. So that's good I guess. I believe the MVFC works in conjunction with the MAC and the Big Ten and crews/officials are promoted up through the MVFC to the MAC to the Big Ten (and I suppose relegated back down in some cases). The MVFC director of officiating (also the director of officiating in the MAC and Big Ten) is former NFL referee Bill Carollo.

In general I think MVFC officials let players play moreso than most FCS officials especially when it comes to offensive holding calls and pass interference calls. I do sometimes miss that style of officiating when we get into the playoffs and flags fly if a DB breathes near a receiver while the ball is en route.

xthumbsupx of the games I saw, I felt like the BSC called a pretty fair game. Missed some PI against my team of course! xsmiley_wix But didn't call ticky tack stuff. I'm sure someone will tell me how wrong I am xlolx

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2018, 10:50 PM

They do allow phantom whistles from the fans to exist, even if no one, and I mean, no one hears it. xlolx

The 2nd part of your 2nd paragraph is 100% accurate and that frustrates MVFC coaches and players alike.

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2018, 11:16 PM
They do allow phantom whistles from the fans to exist, even if no one, and I mean, no one hears it. xlolx

The 2nd part of your 2nd paragraph is 100% accurate and that frustrates MVFC coaches and players alike.
That was actually a MEAC crew I believe (assuming you're referring to the NDSU/UNI quarterfinal in 2015). Still one of my favorite playoff moments since the crowd reaction was "Well, let's get so ****ing loud that no one can hear anything except for the crowd roar!"

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2018, 11:30 PM
That was actually a MEAC crew I believe (assuming you're referring to the NDSU/UNI quarterfinal in 2015). Still one of my favorite playoff moments since the crowd reaction was "Well, let's get so ****ing loud that no one can hear anything except for the crowd roar!"

Ah ok. That was MEAC. I was there and I remember that happening. I thought it was Valley refs but if it was MEAC, everyone was in trouble, as those refs were trash. It got so loud after that that you literally could not hear anything.

Tuna85
November 20th, 2018, 06:09 AM
In our defense, I do think we're just a "little" bit better than Campbell is this year. I could be wrong but like you said, we'll never know...

- - - Updated - - -

If you read it on the internet then it's true. Everything on the internet is true.
Well played....as they say, any given Saturday.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2018, 06:13 AM
Good, bad or ugly??

I'd say fair.

The only times it is really bad is during the playoffs when officials from other conferences come in and do not see the Bison's style of power offense. More than once over the years the bad officiating has really got the crowds going.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2018, 06:15 AM

That crew was an embarrassment.

Outsider1
November 20th, 2018, 08:32 AM
I'd say fair.

The only times it is really bad is during the playoffs when officials from other conferences come in and do not see the Bison's style of power offense. More than once over the years the bad officiating has really got the crowds going.

In other words, we can't get away with the usual BS we are used to so we will cry about it?...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29540&stc=1

Herder
November 20th, 2018, 08:43 AM
If Mt State wins this one, they go from “The Brawl of the Wild” in Missoula to “Withdrawl of the Buy-Out” in Fargo.

SpreadTheWord
November 20th, 2018, 09:49 AM
If Mt State wins this one, they go from “The Brawl of the Wild” in Missoula to “Withdrawl of the Buy-Out” in Fargo.

https://i.imgur.com/ekQpV59.gif?noredirect

Catbooster
November 20th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Apparently both head coaches were together on Mike Leach's staff at Washington State.

catbob
November 20th, 2018, 02:51 PM
Wouldn't be surprised by see the Cats get down by scores late in the 1st or early in the 2nd quarter. MSU has worn a few teams down over the course of the game, and I see that Incarnate Word has been outscored 49-65 in the 4th, so if the Cats are trailing late in the 3rd I wouldn't be surprised. Team seems to get stronger as the game goes on, on both sides of the ball.

And our passing defense hasn't been great but far from dogsh*it. We are 45th in the country in pass efficiency defense and 58th in total passing defense, but we've played the #13, #16, #18, #22 and #23 ranked passing offenses in the country.

SpreadTheWord
November 20th, 2018, 03:03 PM
Wouldn't be surprised by see the Cats get down by scores late in the 1st or early in the 2nd quarter. MSU has worn a few teams down over the course of the game, and I see that Incarnate Word has been outscored 49-65 in the 4th, so if the Cats are trailing late in the 3rd I wouldn't be surprised. Team seems to get stronger as the game goes on, on both sides of the ball.

And our passing defense hasn't been great but far from dogsh*it. We are 45th in the country in pass efficiency defense and 58th in total passing defense, but we've played the #13, #16, #18, #22 and #23 ranked passing offenses in the country.

UIW is the #4 ranked passing offense in the country right now so hopefully they'll continue to be able to move the ball effectively through the air on Saturday.

cx500d
November 20th, 2018, 03:35 PM
UIW is the #4 ranked passing offense in the country right now so hopefully they'll continue to be able to move the ball effectively through the air on Saturday.
In that case I want MSU to win because our secondary is suspect

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2018, 03:41 PM
In that case I want MSU to win because our secondary is suspect
It sure has looked that way at certain points this season but here at the end of the regular season NDSU is 11th in the FCS in pass efficiency defense and 20th in passing yards allowed per game. And that's with playing some good experienced QBs like Christion, McGuire, and Dunne. The Bison have had issues with running QBs in the past as well so their defense will be tested no matter who comes out of this matchup.

SpreadTheWord
November 20th, 2018, 04:16 PM
The December 1 game between UIW and Iowa State is officially off. Iowa State will now play Drake on that date instead.

cx500d
November 20th, 2018, 04:25 PM
The December 1 game between UIW and Iowa State is officially off. Iowa State will now play Drake on that date instead.
I love the Drake!

No_Skill
November 20th, 2018, 04:28 PM
I love the Drake!

We should all pitch in and get him a gift.

cx500d
November 20th, 2018, 04:38 PM
We should all pitch in and get him a gift.
He’s probably getting ~ 400,000 gifts

MSUBobcat
November 20th, 2018, 04:48 PM

Agree 100% with the 1st paragraph.

As for the bolded..... I call 'em like I see 'em and when you give up a first down on 3rd and 17, then follow it up by giving up a 3rd and 18, with no defender even REMOTELY close to the receiver.... it's not good. 4 of the Griz's 6 third down conversions were 11, 17, 17 and 18 yards. They gave up 354 passing yards in a VICTORY. 3 of the highly ranked passing teams beat us (2 badly), 1 was a 3pt home victory in the first game of the season and 1 was saved by a great defensive stand. All but ISU of those 5 teams passed for more yards than their season average, ranging from 32 to a whopping 83 more passing yards than their season average, and only Idaho and NoCo passed for less than their season average of the other teams we've played. Our secondary is weak and usually out of position. Seems like the top 20 in passing is where things seem to shift. Below that beats us; after that, we beat them. However.... I feel pretty good about our chances Saturday because we'll have home field, our DL and LB's get GREAT pressure, and having a power run game puts possessions at a premium (Griz only had 12 possessions Saturday). A team with a good pass attack that can keep our pass rush at bay seems to pick our secondary apart. I know that giving a guy plenty of time in the pocket will result in getting picked apart can be said of anyone, but it's the fact that those passes are rarely even CONTESTED that I have a problem with. I would gladly come here and eat crow on Sunday if the Bobcats hold them to less than 300 yards. If that does happen, I predict it will have more to do with their QB being hurried by the defensive front than passes defended by the secondary.

Edit: To be fair, our PASS DEFENSE isn't what I called dog$#it. I said our SECONDARY is dog$#it. The PASS RUSH is pretty f'ing good, the secondary doesn't pull their own weight. Combined, the pass defense is average.

MSUBobcat
November 20th, 2018, 04:51 PM
He’s probably getting ~ 400,000 gifts

Wait.... it's gone up from the $300,000 that UIW was getting?!? We'll definitely take the game and money with Iowa State over a potential date with NDSU! xsmiley_wix

catbob
November 20th, 2018, 04:55 PM
Agree 100% with the 1st paragraph.

As for the bolded..... I call 'em like I see 'em and when you give up a first down on 3rd and 17, then follow it up by giving up a 3rd and 18, with no defender even REMOTELY close to the receiver.... it's not good. 4 of the Griz's 6 third down conversions were 11, 17, 17 and 18 yards. They gave up 354 passing yards in a VICTORY. 3 of the highly ranked passing teams beat us (2 badly), 1 was a 3pt home victory in the first game of the season and 1 was saved by a great defensive stand. All but ISU of those 5 teams passed for more yards than their season average, ranging from 32 to a whopping 83 more passing yards than their season average, and only Idaho and NoCo passed for less than their season average of the other teams we've played. Our secondary is weak and usually out of position. Seems like the top 20 in passing is where things seem to shift. Below that beats us; after that, we beat them. However.... I feel pretty good about our chances Saturday because we'll have home field, our DL and LB's get GREAT pressure, and having a power run game puts possessions at a premium (Griz only had 12 possessions Saturday). A team with a good pass attack that can keep our pass rush at bay seems to pick our secondary apart. I know that giving a guy plenty of time in the pocket will result in getting picked apart can be said of anyone, but it's the fact that those passes are rarely even CONTESTED that I have a problem with. I would gladly come here and eat crow on Sunday if the Bobcats hold them to less than 300 yards. If that does happen, I predict it will have more to do with their QB being hurried by the defensive front than passes defended by the secondary.

But you are ignoring a crucial stat - points. We gave up more to WIU than they've average this season (3), SDSU hit their average but we were Troy Anderson-less at QB which does make a difference even on the defensive side of the ball, but EWU was 11 under their average, Idaho State was 10 under, and the Griz were 9 under. Passing yards doesn't mean much if it doesn't end up scoring points. We only gave up 11 TDs through the air this year, least in the Big Sky. And yes I know all but the UM game was a loss but it wasn't because of the pass defense.

Laker
November 20th, 2018, 04:55 PM
I love the Drake!

Elaine asks if you are sponge worthy.

MSUBobcat
November 20th, 2018, 05:00 PM
But you are ignoring a crucial stat - points. We gave up more to WIU than they've average this season (3), SDSU hit their average but we were Troy Anderson-less at QB which does make a difference even on the defensive side of the ball, but EWU was 11 under their average, Idaho State was 10 under, and the Griz were 9 under. Passing yards doesn't mean much if it doesn't end up scoring points. We only gave up 11 TDs through the air this year, least in the Big Sky. And yes I know all but the UM game was a loss but it wasn't because of the pass defense.

See my clarification edit. Pass rush + coverage = pass defense. A very good pass rush makes it hard to hit receivers no matter how wide open they are from terrible coverage. And we have bad coverage.

cx500d
November 20th, 2018, 05:18 PM
Elaine asks if you are sponge worthy.
For Elaine, absolutely

gumby013
November 21st, 2018, 08:47 AM
Looking like snow in the forecast for Saturday.

BEAR
November 21st, 2018, 08:48 AM
Anyone got the odds for this game? xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2018, 09:03 AM
Incarnate Word at Montana State, How To Watch and Fearless Prediction:

https://www.college-sports-journal.com/csj-first-round-playoff-preview-incarnate-word-at-montana-state-how-to-watch-and-fearless-predictions/

Bohcat
November 21st, 2018, 12:13 PM
Rumor on BobcatNation is that Copeland is out and UIW is going with their backup QB as the starter.

Does anyone in the know have any additional info?

If true how does this impact their offense?

cx500d
November 21st, 2018, 12:20 PM
Rumor on BobcatNation is that Copeland is out and UIW is going with their backup QB as the starter.

i know Copeland had his senior hs year shortened last year by an acl tear. It would be bad for uiw to change to a new gunslinger at this point of the season for sure.

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2018, 12:21 PM

I would guess it impacts it significantly since he averaged 37 pass attempts and nearly 300 passing yards per game for them this year and their backup has a total of 24 pass attempts for 245 yards on the year. I believe their HC is a Texas Tech disciple that likes to throw the ball a lot. They were 4th in the FCS in passing yards per game this year and 55th in rush yards per game so they were definitely reliant on him.

SpreadTheWord
November 21st, 2018, 12:22 PM

Copeland tore his ACL in the game against Central Arkansas. Sean Brophy will start in his place. Last week he went 14/20 for 243 yards and a TD in relief of Copeland. Brophy is a senior who was the starter last season so he has game experience. He's played well during the short amount of time he's played this season but he's not the type of runner that Copeland is. I believe UIW should still be able to move the ball but we should see a lot of Ra'Quanne Dickens early and often on Saturday.

lionsrking2
November 21st, 2018, 12:23 PM

If Copeland doesn't play they have no shot IMO. UIW has good skill players and a solid backup, who used to be the starter, but Copeland makes the offense go with his mobility.

cx500d
November 21st, 2018, 12:24 PM
Copeland tore his ACL in the game against Central Arkansas. Sean Brophy will start in his place. Last week he went 14/20 for 243 yards and a TD in relief of Copeland. Brophy is a senior who was the starter last season so he has game experience. He's played well during the short amount of time he's played this season but he's not the type of runner that Copeland is. I believe UIW should still be able to move the ball but we should see a lot of Ra'Quanne Dickens early and often on Saturday.
That’s two acl tears in two years for him....

SpreadTheWord
November 21st, 2018, 12:26 PM
That’s two acl tears in two years for him....

Yep, it's unfortunate because he's a very talented kid who would be playing at a Power 5 school if he wasn't 5'10". Hopefully he will be able to come back sometime next season.

cx500d
November 21st, 2018, 12:29 PM
Well, MSU can start preparing now for ndsu then

Bohcat
November 21st, 2018, 12:51 PM

I'm still cautiously optimistic. For whatever reason our playoff games always turn in to very close hard fought games even when we are favored. With the exception of a few butt whoopings from SHSU

bobcathpdevil56
November 21st, 2018, 12:51 PM

Please no. Just win this game first.

Tuna85
November 21st, 2018, 12:56 PM
I can’t take you seriously considering you think Monmouth should be in.

Well, I keep seeing the biggest knock against Monmouth was their performance in last year's playoff which I'll admit was woeful. But, I also believe last year should have nothing to do with this year. If one goes by what happened last year then uiw should not have even a sniff of the playoffs based on their strong 1-10 record of 2017. To many 6 win teams in the playoffs this year from just a few conferences. I know these conferences are considered strong and I will agree they are but not to the point where an 8-3 team is left out to be backfilled by a six win team. See, already practicing on cheering on my future stablemates from the Big South.

Reign of Terrier
November 21st, 2018, 01:27 PM
Well, I keep seeing the biggest knock against Monmouth was their performance in last year's playoff which I'll admit was woeful. But, I also believe last year should have nothing to do with this year. If one goes by what happened last year then uiw should not have even a sniff of the playoffs based on their strong 1-10 record of 2017. To many 6 win teams in the playoffs this year from just a few conferences. I know these conferences are considered strong and I will agree they are but not to the point where an 8-3 team is left out to be backfilled by a six win team. See, already practicing on cheering on my future stablemates from the Big South.

North Alabama will finish in the top 4 of the Big South the first year they can compete.

That conference is so terrible--especially on offense, that the computer rankings over-rank their defenses. Monmouth was not good either.

McNeese75
November 21st, 2018, 01:53 PM
I did not know about Copeland being out. That changes things dramatically for UIW IMO. :(

Catbooster
November 21st, 2018, 02:51 PM
I'm prepared xdrunkyx xthumbsupx

Tuna85
November 21st, 2018, 04:29 PM
North Alabama will finish in the top 4 of the Big South the first year they can compete.

That conference is so terrible--especially on offense, that the computer rankings over-rank their defenses. Monmouth was not good either.

Conference status is about to change for the better.

BisonBacker
November 21st, 2018, 05:18 PM
Well that sucks for them. It also gives them the built in excuse for why they'll get their asses kicked this weekend not that it wouldn't have happened with him in there (I think they would still have lost just maybe not as bad).

TheKingpin28
November 21st, 2018, 05:53 PM
Well that sucks for them. It also gives them the built in excuse for why they'll get their asses kicked this weekend not that it wouldn't have happened with him in there (I think they would still have lost just maybe not as bad).

Just don't let the Mike Houston see this. xnodx

BEAR
November 21st, 2018, 07:09 PM

Is it a built in excuse or a part of a real reason they won't perform at their best? I mean if any team loses its starting QB aren't they really hurt by it? xeyebrowx I mean they aren't predicted to win with him in it but they had a better chance full team as any would.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2018, 07:48 PM

San Antonio weather then step off the plane in Bozeman....xlolx....Montana State has already won this game.

38-3

TennBison
November 21st, 2018, 08:34 PM
San Antonio weather then step off the plane in Bozeman....xlolx....Montana State has already won this game.

38-3
Remember the playoff game between Montana and Coastal Carolina. I thought for sure that CC was just as good if not a little better. However I picked Montana to win based solely on the weather thinking that CC would not be able to handle the extreme cold, and we know how that turned out. But I did get a big laugh out of the CC fans (some of who I think were parents of players) who were calling for the game to be moved to a neutral site in a warmer climate because they felt it was a hazard for their players to be playing in the type of weather that was predicted for the game.
The big difference this time around is that I just don't see ICW winning even if it was in great weather against Montana let alone 30 degrees and snow and wind.

MTfan4life
November 21st, 2018, 10:08 PM
30 degrees isn't that cold at all. The Coastal Carolina game was mentioned, I also think about when Montana played Texas State about 10 years ago. Early on it looked like Texas State was the one who was used to the cold weather. Montana eventually got some momentum after a slow start and won pretty handily, but it wasn't because of the cold weather.

38-3? Montana State has had just one game this season where they've given up less than 23 points. Say what you want about their UIW's inability to play defense, their offense is good. It's not like they're traveling to Fargo. Montana State should win this game, but I'll be surprised if Incarnate doesn't pass the 20 point mark. For crying out loud, they have Southern Speed™!! That alone should get you at least 25 points anywhere outside of Fargo!

Reign of Terrier
November 21st, 2018, 10:49 PM
I think Wofford played Montana in 11 degree weather or something like that. And won.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

JacksFan40
November 21st, 2018, 10:51 PM
Hindsight is always 20/20, so we probably shouldn't have cancelled our game against North Alabama because we'd probably have a better spot in the playoffs with that win but I think it's a good spot to be in all things considered.
Assuming you’d of won against UNA.

GsephBison
November 21st, 2018, 11:50 PM
Assuming you’d of won against UNA.

This! The UNA team I saw play would challenge for the Southland

ming01
November 22nd, 2018, 12:39 AM
Will the Cats look ahead? IW still has a good offense and the backup performed well coming vs UCA

MTfan4life
November 22nd, 2018, 05:25 AM

You mean that same North Alabama team that barely beat D2 Azusa Pacific, got blown out by Campbell, lost to D2 West Florida, and barely beat a very crappy D2 team in North Greenville? That one would challenge for the Southland? Keep dreaming. They wouldn't have even been top 4 in the Lone Star Conference. (D2 conference in Texas)

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2018, 06:08 AM
Remember the playoff game between Montana and Coastal Carolina. I thought for sure that CC was just as good if not a little better. However I picked Montana to win based solely on the weather thinking that CC would not be able to handle the extreme cold, and we know how that turned out. But I did get a big laugh out of the CC fans (some of who I think were parents of players) who were calling for the game to be moved to a neutral site in a warmer climate because they felt it was a hazard for their players to be playing in the type of weather that was predicted for the game.
The big difference this time around is that I just don't see ICW winning even if it was in great weather against Montana let alone 30 degrees and snow and wind.

This UIW is not CC team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2018, 06:10 AM

UNA played above their level for the Bison. Bison played...meh.

Look at the rest of their year....very pedestrian.

xeyebrowx

UIWCards16
November 22nd, 2018, 08:45 AM
Very very very new to this message board. That being said what the hell do some of these NDSU posters have against UIW? This is a program in its 10th year of existence and have had one of the best turnaround stories in all of college football. Do you blame our AD for taking the Iowa State game for an extra $300K? That goes a long way with a newish program. Some say we are undeserving at 6 wins. Well we didn’t get to play Houston Baptist who didn’t win 1 conference game this year. Just find it annoying that some want to bully UIW. We will be ready to play on Saturday. It sucks our Southland Conference Freshman of the Year wont be behind center but hey that’s football. A very exciting time to be a UIW Cardinal. I also can’t wait until we kick UTSA’s ass next year at the Alamodome.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2018, 08:49 AM
Very very very new to this message board. That being said what the hell do some of these NDSU posters have against UIW? This is a program in its 10th year of existence and have had one of the best turnaround stories in all of college football. Do you blame our AD for taking the Iowa State game for an extra $300K? That goes a long way with a newish program. Some say we are undeserving at 6 wins. Well we didn’t get to play Houston Baptist who didn’t win 1 conference game this year. Just find it annoying that some want to bully UIW. We will be ready to play on Saturday. It sucks our Southland Conference Freshman of the Year wont be behind center but hey that’s football. A very exciting time to be a UIW Cardinal. I also can’t wait until we kick UTSA’s ass next year at the Alamodome.

1. Welcome to the board

2. Tough up buttercup

3. Maybe UIW will prove us wrong and win in Bozeman

Outsider1
November 22nd, 2018, 08:52 AM

They are simply a bunch of punk ass pansies with their panties constantly in a wad........

- - - Updated - - -

1. Welcome to the board

2. Tough up buttercup

3. Maybe UIW will prove us wrong and win in Bozeman

Chill out fluffy muffins.....

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2018, 08:55 AM
They are simply a bunch of punk ass pansies with their panties constantly in a wad........

- - - Updated - - -

I am chill idiot. Welcomed him/her to the board and maybe UIW will prove most on here wrong.

MR. CHICKEN
November 22nd, 2018, 08:57 AM

................xeekxxpopcornx.................... BRAWK!

Outsider1
November 22nd, 2018, 08:59 AM
I am chill idiot. Welcomed him/her to the board and maybe UIW will prove most on here wrong.

You ain't chill, you keep acting like a punk ass idiot..... You passive aggressively put down another poster. You didn't welcome anyone...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29563&stc=1

Outsider1
November 22nd, 2018, 09:01 AM
Bison Fan, you didn't welcome anyone, instead you passive aggressively continued acting like a punk ass......... Like the other NDSU punk ass pansies...... xcoffeex

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29565&stc=1

POD Knows
November 22nd, 2018, 09:05 AM
Very very very new to this message board. That being said what the hell do some of these NDSU posters have against UIW? This is a program in its 10th year of existence and have had one of the best turnaround stories in all of college football. Do you blame our AD for taking the Iowa State game for an extra $300K? That goes a long way with a newish program. Some say we are undeserving at 6 wins. Well we didn’t get to play Houston Baptist who didn’t win 1 conference game this year. Just find it annoying that some want to bully UIW. We will be ready to play on Saturday. It sucks our Southland Conference Freshman of the Year wont be behind center but hey that’s football. A very exciting time to be a UIW Cardinal. I also can’t wait until we kick UTSA’s ass next year at the Alamodome.Don't take it personal, we look down on everybody. :D Welcome to the board

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2018, 09:15 AM
You ain't chill, you keep acting like a punk ass idiot..... You passive aggressively put down another poster. You didn't welcome anyone...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29563&stc=1

Still sore over your perceived Softland disrespect?

xlolx

UIW will get blown out. You going to be ok? You going to curl up in the fetal position sucking your thumb crying?

Bison56
November 22nd, 2018, 09:16 AM

- - - Updated - - -

You have to try to start drama on every thread?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2018, 09:19 AM

This putz has done this ever since he started bitching about his fantasy land perception that his Softland conference is getting disrespect.....xnodx

Outsider1
November 22nd, 2018, 09:27 AM
This putz has done this ever since he started bitching about his fantasy land perception that his Softland conference is getting disrespect.....xnodx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29566&stc=1

Outsider1
November 22nd, 2018, 09:30 AM

You still like to hypocritically pick and choose your drama???

Bison56
November 22nd, 2018, 09:34 AM

Dont try so hard.

dewey
November 22nd, 2018, 09:35 AM

First of all welcome to the board and congratulations to UIW for making the playoffs for the first time.

Now that the Iowa State game has been cancelled good luck in Bozeman.

That stinks your stud QB isnt playing.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2018, 09:36 AM

Bison56 and drama?

xlolx

Stick around longer because you don't have a clue....

Outsider1
November 22nd, 2018, 09:37 AM
Bison56 and drama?

xlolx

Stick around longer because you don't have a clue....

Yep, ya'll still POS xthumbsupx

Bison56
November 22nd, 2018, 09:46 AM

Why are you here?

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you hear?
Why are you here?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2018, 09:49 AM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29567&stc=1

cx500d
November 22nd, 2018, 09:52 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29566&stc=1
That’s the Montana state mascot...what’s your point?

ming01
November 22nd, 2018, 10:23 AM
Take your anger on your wives..or husbands somewhere else xsmiley_wix I think UIW is going to be right in this game

McNeese75
November 22nd, 2018, 11:07 AM
Don't take it personal, we look down on everybody. :D Welcome to the board

xlolx THIS!!!!!!

Bison56
November 22nd, 2018, 11:49 AM
I'm excited for either team to come to fargo, it's more fun when having the same teams come year after year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2018, 11:58 AM
I'm excited for either team to come to fargo, it's more fun when having the same teams come year after year.

This here.

Actually, just to see some different teams it would be nice to see either UIW/MSU then Colgate then KSU.

POD Knows
November 22nd, 2018, 01:00 PM
This here.

Actually, just to see some different teams it would be nice to see either UIW/MSU then Colgate then KSU.This would be awesome. It won't happen but a guy can wish.

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2018, 01:19 PM
This would be awesome. It won't happen but a guy can wish.

will still be the same color blood on the splatter shield...

POD Knows
November 22nd, 2018, 01:22 PM
will still be the same color blood on the splatter shield...If this thing lines up MSU, JMU and SDSU, I will take the field. Bets anyone.

Outsider1
November 22nd, 2018, 01:54 PM
That’s the Montana state mascot...what’s your point?Nope

Sent from my BLU_S1 using Tapatalk

Outsider1
November 22nd, 2018, 01:55 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29567&stc=1In your head?

Outsider1
November 22nd, 2018, 01:56 PM
Why are you here?

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you hear?
Why are you here?To talk football, what about you? POS....

MSUBobcat
November 22nd, 2018, 02:04 PM
To talk football, what about you? POS....

When's that gonna start? Can you leave this thread until it does? Thanks in advance.

BisonBacker
November 23rd, 2018, 12:21 AM
In your head?

Then you haven't been paying attention sonny!

BisonBacker
November 23rd, 2018, 12:21 AM
When's that gonna start? Can you leave this thread until it does? Thanks in advance.

Would be nice wouldn't it? I'm very much looking forward to watching some football on Saturday and this one for sure.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2018, 07:19 AM
If this thing lines up MSU, JMU and SDSU, I will take the field. Bets anyone.

I'll take it!!

POD Knows
November 23rd, 2018, 08:29 AM
I'll take it!!We will have to figure something out.