PDA

View Full Version : Post Mortem - Youngstown St.

Paladin1aa
November 18th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Mercifully, the season ended for YSU at 4-7. I was finally wrong after years of correct preseason projections. I struggled this year between picking 5-6 and 6-5, settling with 6-5 after viewing early what should have been easy weenie wins until Butler blew that up. That set the stage to see what Bozo had actually recruited in his 4 years here after running out of Wolf recruits. That part of my predictions was on target.

Next year YSU loses 4 of 5 starters on the OL, their Notre Dame rent a QB , important players from the D and probably some coaches. Returning is a horrific group of limited talent, most of which didn’t play , were inadequate backups and a collection of transfers who didn’t live up to their promise. Next year looks to be as bad or worse than this year. With so many holes, weak spots and lack o& depth, it is not reasonable to project the needed players to be recruited in one year to turn the ship around. It now becomes a wholesale rebuild of multiple years and that is only possible if multiple years are excellent recruiting,something that has been missing for all 4 years of the Bozo empire.

If the AD had any brains and gonads, Bozo would be fired. But this is YSU. It’s home to a corrupt school with entangled political nets that cuts favors and deals to their fat cat rich sitting up in the loges, has an area population demanding that local stars be recruited even though they lack the ability for this level of play and simple minded locals who insist that only coaches who are from the area need apply for the head job. It’s a toxic mix that has taken YSU from the top of FCS to the sewer of FCS. Attendance once again fell off as I predicted. I expect that financial constraints are not far off with no FBS game/ paycheck waiting next year.

But I expect Bozo to be rehired. If that occurs, I expect a lost decade , or more, of below average football at YSU. The heydays long gone will be sacrificed to the winds of local politics. The anger management problems will remain front and center. The recruiting of unsavory characters will be unabated. The wholesale excuses of Bozo will continue to be swallowed by the gullible. The basement or near basement of the MVFC is where YSU will be residing for quite awhile.

Paladin1aa
November 18th, 2018, 07:10 PM
I chuckle now as the cheerleader board is going apes*#t, finally catching on that the program is broken. Little late to realizing your local boy AD is a moron and your local boy coach is a loser. It’s going to be 4-7 or worse for more years ahead. Welcome to reality, you clowns.

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2018, 07:39 PM
Is the Nebraska money all gone now for Bo?

Paladin1aa
November 18th, 2018, 07:43 PM
It runs out in Feb. Same as his contract with YSU.

Paladin1aa
November 19th, 2018, 09:40 AM
First on the order of business is recruiting a QB, something that Bozo has failed to do for 4 years. Returning is part time starter Mays, who has a limited arm and is zeroed in on for his running. Poor QB. Next up is Craycraft, who has limited skills for this level of play. Another poor choice. The last option is the Frosh Cunningham who has some ability, but they failed to give him any play time in a redshirt year, leaving him unprepared for next season. Would not be surprised if they bring in multiple QBs, which may include Jucos or transfers. While h.s. Recruits are possible, Bozo has an extremely poor record in h.s. Recruiting. Once again there is a local star being touted as a QB recruit, but I doubt they will get him. He’s an early commit to Fordham, but will attract D-I interest, especially MAC and low level B1G. Otherwise, there is a glaring big hole at QB for next season.

SU DOG
November 19th, 2018, 12:17 PM
I know the Butler game was a shocker, BUT what about beating UNI 31-10 and playing against NDSU so well? You know, also considering Samford's problems, the Kick Off Classic set for next year might could be called THE Inconsistency Matchup Bowl. xlolx And I don't even want to begin to list the talent that we are losing this season.:(

Schism55
November 19th, 2018, 12:51 PM
Hmmm, very interesting...

ST_Lawson
November 19th, 2018, 12:58 PM

Any idea what the buyout would be if they let him go now rather than in February? If they waited until then, that's a really late start for a new HC. Or do you think they'll go with a short-term "prove it" contract that gives YSU an easy out right at the end of the season if he doesn't do well again next year?

Paladin1aa
November 19th, 2018, 01:18 PM
It is really hard to say. The cheerleader board is showing solid opposition to bringing Bozo back. People have stopped coming to games, free tickets or purchased. The AD is a total embarrassment, but most realize he lacks the gonads to take on the coach. No one knows what is going to happen.

As for beating UNI or playing with NDSU, UNI played a very poor game, as did NDSU. Didn’t see anything that would indicate parity talent wise, just games where both played down to YSUs level. And I also thought the MVFC was down this year and mentioned so in preseason. Had low expectations for the preseason, but the Butler game was an eye opener. I kid no one, the roster next year is even uglier than this year, with no experience nor talent. Truly abysmal.

Paladin1aa
November 19th, 2018, 01:31 PM
Next up is the OL. YSU loses 4of 5 starters, has poor backups returning who played little because of their lack of talent and expect some to leave looking to play D-II where their talents lie. Bozo has done a very poor job here, striking out with h.s. Recruits and depending on bringing in Jucos and transfers. Many that were brought in were projects that are not working out. It may also be that the OC gets canned as he was a very poor one with little in game adjustments, poor schemes and lacking the imagination of the previous OC now in FBS. Can’t imagine protecting any QB passing with this crew and the run blocking they will bring is way below the standards of previous dominate run Os of YSU. They will need a LS too.

The expectation is Bozo will panic and go Juco/transfers as h.s. Seniors will not be ready. This and the QB will be the Achilles heal for next year.

PAllen
November 19th, 2018, 02:02 PM
Any idea what the buyout would be if they let him go now rather than in February? If they waited until then, that's a really late start for a new HC. Or do you think they'll go with a short-term "prove it" contract that gives YSU an easy out right at the end of the season if he doesn't do well again next year?

Pretty sure that Nebraska is on the hook for anything not paid through Feb.

clenz
November 20th, 2018, 07:29 AM
Any idea what the buyout would be if they let him go now rather than in February? If they waited until then, that's a really late start for a new HC. Or do you think they'll go with a short-term "prove it" contract that gives YSU an easy out right at the end of the season if he doesn't do well again next year?To keep any recruits he may have. Letting him go before signing day could result in recruits going elsewhere, and result in fewer bodies in an already damaged roster

Not that screwing recruits over like that is the right thing to do, but it wouldn't surprise me out of Youngstown

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

PAllen
November 20th, 2018, 10:23 AM
To keep any recruits he may have. Letting him go before signing day could result in recruits going elsewhere, and result in fewer bodies in an already damaged roster

Not that screwing recruits over like that is the right thing to do, but it wouldn't surprise me out of Youngstown

This is why recruits need agents. The info is out there, you just have to know where to look.

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2018, 01:44 PM
To keep any recruits he may have. Letting him go before signing day could result in recruits going elsewhere, and result in fewer bodies in an already damaged roster

Right, how it all shakes out with relation to signing day could either help keep YSU from falling too far or could turn them into the replacement for Indiana State (nearly perennial last-place MVFC team).

clenz
November 20th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Wouldn't go that far. Indiana State is swinging you now but it won't take long before Mallory is gone and ISU is back to. The bottom, again.

They don't have the total resources and support to stay out of the basement for too many years in a row. See how they went after they were in the playoffs like 5 years ago

Penguin Nation
November 20th, 2018, 02:44 PM
First on the order of business is recruiting a QB, something that Bozo has failed to do for 4 years. Returning is part time starter Mays, who has a limited arm and is zeroed in on for his running. Poor QB. Next up is Craycraft, who has limited skills for this level of play. Another poor choice. The last option is the Frosh Cunningham who has some ability, but they failed to give him any play time in a redshirt year, leaving him unprepared for next season. Would not be surprised if they bring in multiple QBs, which may include Jucos or transfers. While h.s. Recruits are possible, Bozo has an extremely poor record in h.s. Recruiting. Once again there is a local star being touted as a QB recruit, but I doubt they will get him. He’s an early commit to Fordham, but will attract D-I interest, especially MAC and low level B1G. Otherwise, there is a glaring big hole at QB for next season.

If you listen to Muransky, YSU should be in the Natty next year.xlolx

Since Scumbag U recruits rapists, why wasn't the co-gang rapist QB from Central State recruited? Talent-wise he'd be an upgrade as compared to what was on the 2017 and 2018 rosters.

Scum U does not have the auto-loss P5 game in 2019, only Samford and 2 other 1AAA teams, so that should help. I otherwise agree that 2019 looks like Bozo's third losing season in 5 years, who's market value is now so low that his best option will be to remain at Scum U and take a legendary pay cut. Like during the Heacock years, I agree this is the beginning of another lost decade. moRon is incompetent, and the revenue sports will always underperform as long as he is there, which will likely be for a few more decades.

Another thought, IMO beating a P5 team (as the Wolf did) has a greater postive impact on a program than winning a Natty. Beating Pitt has more of a wow factor than beating an unknown team (to the typical Ytown fan) in a Natty. Replacing the Wolf with this clown seems more ridiculous the more we realize how bad Bozo is.

Paladin1aa
November 20th, 2018, 06:09 PM
Muransky, another YSU prostitute paid to homer for them on the radio. Has no credibility.

Looking at the D, YSU loses starters at DE, DT, MLB, both S and the NB. Plus many backups were seniors as well. Additionally, the DC looked incompetent at times. The D , was at times, really awful, giving up 27+ pts a game in the MVFC , ranking poorly in many categories. What they return next year is not inspiring.

I also forgot they lose their all MVFC RB McCaster with virtually nothing behind him who got any meaningful play time. At times it appeared they had little confidence in the backups. I saw nothing to indicate they have a competent replacement now. Just some extra bodies. For a team who lives on a strong run game, this is a major red flag.

Finally, the early signing period should be another sign if another stinker class is on the way. They have fared so poorly that more numbers of Jucos and transfers is becoming standard fair with little thought given to growing the program and player development. The moron AD should have seen this huge failure but he has not exhibited any real oversite to the failing program. Epic incompetence.

Paladin1aa
November 20th, 2018, 06:19 PM
BTW, PN, Samford and 2 I-AAA teams on the schedule only means the potential for more embarrassment. Butler proved that. And Samford showed development, making them no pushover early. The real key is if the MVFC rebounds, as I thought it was down this year, and comes back with more dominate teams. If that’s the case, YSUs record plummets. Sub .500 records are going to be common.

Penguin Nation
November 20th, 2018, 07:02 PM
BTW, PN, Samford and 2 I-AAA teams on the schedule only means the potential for more embarrassment. Butler proved that. And Samford showed development, making them no pushover early. The real key is if the MVFC rebounds, as I thought it was down this year, and comes back with more dominate teams. If that’s the case, YSUs record plummets. Sub .500 records are going to be common.

True. This year Valpo was actually beating Scumbag U in Q1 and tied in Q2.

No announcement of a firing yet. The Wolf was fired on the Monday following his last game.

It appears Bozo isn't going anywhere.

Paladin1aa
November 20th, 2018, 08:41 PM
It would seem.However , how embarrassed will the AD be to have ANOTHER failed FB coach. That’s in addition to him presiding over the destruction of basketball and his hires there. He has destroyed FB before. Just how incompetent must he radiate before the entire athletic dept. implodes ? As for Bozo, I’m not sure his ego can stand the humiliation coming. No YSU FB coach EVER had a career losing record. History is about to be made,lol

Paladin1aa
November 22nd, 2018, 08:31 PM
The word is they have a ton of offers out for DBs, which will be another problem spot next year. Bozo brother at Bowling Green may be out of a job again and may want to come home again as the DC. The drama never ends,lol.

BisonBacker
November 23rd, 2018, 08:18 AM
It is really hard to say. The cheerleader board is showing solid opposition to bringing Bozo back. People have stopped coming to games, free tickets or purchased. The AD is a total embarrassment, but most realize he lacks the gonads to take on the coach. No one knows what is going to happen.

As for beating UNI or playing with NDSU, UNI played a very poor game, as did NDSU. Didn’t see anything that would indicate parity talent wise, just games where both played down to YSUs level. And I also thought the MVFC was down this year and mentioned so in preseason. Had low expectations for the preseason, but the Butler game was an eye opener. I kid no one, the roster next year is even uglier than this year, with no experience nor talent. Truly abysmal.

Well apparently according to the YSU fan message board administrator it's not YSU's being bad but it's all about NDSU must be cheating and if only the NCAA would crack down on them this would put an end to NDSU being good xlolx I don't know who this joker is that runs their board but he's definitely got a case of misdirected anger or maybe it's just good ol fashioned jealousy. Whatever the case he's a rube! I won't post a link to that lame ass board with crap like that but talk about lame punk ass **** to post and he's the board admin. xpeacex

Penguin Nation
November 23rd, 2018, 11:29 AM
I believe part of why Bozo is staying at Scumbag U despite an epic paycut is that Scumbag U controls the message. That includes the local media, game announcers, and the Cheerleader board. Having a knucklehead AD who never is concerned about trivial factors like performance I'm sure appeals to Bozo also. At Nebraska it was the opposite. Bozo hated the AD and the media exposed him.

Regarding the Cheerleader board, I've just posted on there for the first time since my suspension was lifted. Prior to my suspension, my posts were deleted, altered, and I was scolded repeatedly for my viewpoints.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2018, 01:43 PM
Well apparently according to the YSU fan message board administrator it's not YSU's being bad but it's all about NDSU must be cheating and if only the NCAA would crack down on them this would put an end to NDSU being good xlolx I don't know who this joker is that runs their board but he's definitely got a case of misdirected anger or maybe it's just good ol fashioned jealousy. Whatever the case he's a rube! I won't post a link to that lame ass board with crap like that but talk about lame punk ass **** to post and he's the board admin. xpeacex

Just went over there and read that pile of crap.

Envy pure and simple.

"No program is that good"....xlolx......Ya, a program can be consistently good, it is called working hard.

penguinpower
November 23rd, 2018, 02:04 PM
Just went over there and read that pile of crap.

Envy pure and simple.

"No program is that good"....xlolx......Ya, a program can be consistently good, it is called working hard.

What thread did you see that nonsense? I don't think most fans feel that way. As a matter of fact, our programs were once very similar. Lrge fan bases and smashmouth football. Now it is a shell of what it once was. I believe that people can make the difference......coaches and players. But money is needed too and that is where YSU is falling short. Chicken and Egg paradox. How do you get fans money if you don't have the .oney to pay coaches and get fans. The AD ran it into the ground. Stadium needs an overhaul soon too.

BisonBacker
November 23rd, 2018, 02:19 PM
What thread did you see that nonsense? I don't think most fans feel that way. As a matter of fact, our programs were once very similar. Lrge fan bases and smashmouth football. Now it is a shell of what it once was. I believe that people can make the difference......coaches and players. But money is needed too and that is where YSU is falling short. Chicken and Egg paradox. How do you get fans money if you don't have the .oney to pay coaches and get fans. The AD ran it into the ground. Stadium needs an overhaul soon too.

http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php/topic,17363.15.html

Paladin1aa
November 23rd, 2018, 08:20 PM
The cheerleader board owner/ administrator is a clueless jerk. For years he tried to control the board as a propaganda piece for the AD. Dissent was stymied and you were banned as I was when you exposed the shortcomings. Many fail to post there, afraid of the bully. Worse, he knows nothing about football claiming to be an expert on YSU football when he is really a fake . Spews more nonsense expecting everyone to swallow his BS.

He is as responsible for the destruction in YSU athletics supporting an AD who is a moron - AD hiring poor coaches, extending their contracts further destroying the programs, scheduling games of no interest by the fans and poor competition for the teams, treating the money sports as orphans while putting to much money in non revenue sports. The fall of YSU sports rests with the AD, the poor coaches in FB: men’s BB and women’s BB. Many in the area media refuse to be used by the athletic dept. as it appears that they don’t support athletics when in fact it’s a protest against an overbearing bully. The attempt extends to print and electronic media. The arsehole who owns the cheerleader board saluted and follows the orders of the AD. You get nonsense extolled by him about NDSU and other programs deemed a threat against YSU. Total BS.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 25th, 2018, 05:44 PM
I can see it now, some AD will note Pelini's ability to take a team to the title game. But then, they will note the fact he brought a convicted rapist onto his team. Then the AD (unless it's John Currie) will say "hard pass."