PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 12 2018

superman7515
November 17th, 2018, 06:41 PM
Still games to be played and a lot of work to be done on the spreadsheet, but trying to get this out there as early as possible since tonight is OT for everyone on their polls. Games will be updated as scores become finalized, recaps are nice but I'm not going to hold up the whole thing just over that. Realistically, Massey might be updated in the early morning hours, but at the very best, there's a slim window where Sagarin will be available before the poll closes pre-Selection Show. In short, don't wait on that stuff, I'll get it up when I can but it's more for posterity than for being useful before the first cut-off.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EEz8Q5B133hO3D3SawMTc6ldRJQiUUVGjbnRY_6j2f4/edit?usp=sharing

Daytripper
November 17th, 2018, 06:42 PM
You da man!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2018, 07:05 PM
I'm going to ask again here but you voters need to help me out this week. Pay attention to what you are doing. Don't screw up the ballot is my request. If you do, answer any questions you get lickity split . Let's roll!

Drblankstare
November 17th, 2018, 07:07 PM
I'm going to ask again here but you voters need to help me out this week. Pay attention to what you are doing. Don't screw up the ballot is my request. If you do, answer any questions you get lickity split . Let's roll!

Quick reminder about what time the Poll opens and closes?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2018, 07:12 PM

It's open. I sent you guys the email already? Did you not get it? It closes at around 9 am tomorrow morning.

TheKingpin28
November 17th, 2018, 07:12 PM

NVM, UAH answered it.

Drblankstare
November 17th, 2018, 07:14 PM
It's open. I sent you guys the email already? Did you not get it? It closes at around 9 am tomorrow morning.

Yep, got it. Thanks

TheKingpin28
November 17th, 2018, 07:42 PM
This is a tough one. After 18, I am confused.

Catbooster
November 17th, 2018, 08:07 PM
As always, Thanks Supe

Furman says 6-5 on the spreadsheet. They should be 6-4?

FUGameBreaker
November 17th, 2018, 08:21 PM
As always, Thanks Supe

Furman says 6-5 on the spreadsheet. They should be 6-4?

Yep 6-4

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2018, 08:36 PM
Good job so far voters. 18 ballots in. Zero mistakes that I can see at first look.

TheKingpin28
November 17th, 2018, 08:56 PM
Good job so far voters. 18 ballots in. Zero mistakes that I can see at first look.

I passed!

JSUSoutherner
November 17th, 2018, 09:06 PM
I'll have mine in late tonight. Bout an hour from the house still and I'll send it your way hopefully before I pass out from exhaustion.

RootinFerDukes
November 17th, 2018, 09:37 PM
I felt dirty using last week's SOS ranking, but I had no other choice. So many teams had to be ranked that will probably not even make the playoffs or even be on the bubble. No one past maybe 16-18th rank wants to even be ranked. Ranking teams that lost, etc. Feels dirty.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2018, 09:53 PM
I had fun with it.

I want to see how San Diego and Duquesne fair against a middling power conference team in the playoffs. SD will be confident they can win and the Dukes almost always have the most talented roster in the NEC. They get some legit FBS transfers.

POD Knows
November 17th, 2018, 11:48 PM
I had fun with it.

I want to see how San Diego and Duquesne fair against a middling power conference team in the playoffs. SD will be confident they can win and the Dukes almost always have the most talented roster in the NEC. They get some legit FBS transfers.I hate to seem like I am trolling you but didn't San Diego give up 700+ yards of rushing offense against freaking Davidson. Yea, I will be curious to see how they do as well, I hope they show up, I am having a hard time imagining somebody giving up 700 yards of rushing offense to Davidson but, oh well.

Reign of Terrier
November 17th, 2018, 11:56 PM
Davidson is weird this year. Yes, they rack up big numbers, but my conclusion is that's because they have a nack for getting players into open space.Because the athletes in the pioneer are not on par with the rest of the subdivision (sorry), they just can't close in like you see in other conferences.

Just look at Davidson's stat line and how many times players have longs of 75+ yards. The only way Davidson accomplishes the frequent 600+ rushing numbers is if they are scoring quickly and from far away.

Maybe I'm being too ungenerous to pioneer league players, but seeing as high scoring shootouts are common, I really do think it has something to do with tackling in space. A gain that would go for 5-10 in other conferences go for much much more.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2018, 11:57 PM
I hate to seem like I am trolling you but didn't San Diego give up 700+ yards of rushing offense against freaking Davidson. Yea, I will be curious to see how they do as well, I hope they show up, I am having a hard time imagining somebody giving up 700 yards of rushing offense to Davidson but, oh well.

No worries...

Statistical anomaly? Just seems like an outrageous fluke but obviously should raise some concern. All I know is in the last 2-3 years everyone likes to take shots at San Diego (and I can see why) yet they've proven that good coaching, a winning culture, confidence can win you a game against "better competition".

It really comes down to the draw. Give them a trip to Bozeman on a 35 degree day and maybe it's an interesting game. UC-Davis, not so much...

POD Knows
November 18th, 2018, 12:00 AM
No worries...

Statistical anomaly? Just seems like an outrageous fluke but obviously should raise some concern. All I know is in the last 2-3 years everyone likes to take shots at San Diego (and I can see why) yet they've proven that good coaching, a winning culture, confidence can win you a game against "better competition".

It really comes down to the draw. Give them a trip to Bozeman on a 35 degree day and maybe it's an interesting game. UC-Davis, not so much...Actually, I am not taking cheap shots at San Diego at all, NDSU played them twice in the playoffs in the last two years, which means they won their first round games, and both those teams showed up to play but I think they are down this year but we will see.

superman7515
November 18th, 2018, 07:30 AM
Sagarin has not updated yet but everything else is current as of yesterday's games now.

MacThor
November 18th, 2018, 08:25 AM
Sagarin is up, at least on the USAToday site.