PDA

View Full Version : Prediction the Seeds

katss07
November 17th, 2018, 06:30 PM
The KSU/JSU thriller is over, Weber has their game well in hand and the only game left is meaningless to this topic of discussion. We can go on and on all night long arguing about at larges and seeds (and I’m sure we will). Here are my Top 8 (plus 2).

1. NDSU
2. EWU
3. SDSU
4. Weber
5. KSU
6. JMU
7. UC Davis
8. Maine
——————————
9. Colgate
10. Nicholls

JSUSoutherner
November 17th, 2018, 06:32 PM
No way KSU is a 5.

katss07
November 17th, 2018, 06:35 PM
No way KSU is a 5.
MVFC and BSC>Big South

If Sam was a 5 in the weak SLC when they were undefeated few years ago, why isn’t Kennesaw in that 5 slot. Big South is actually terrible.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2018, 06:36 PM
1. NDSU
2. EWU
3. KSU
4. SDSU
5. Maine
6. Weber
7. JMU
8. Colgate

I don't think BSC ends up with 3 seeds. Too many politics involved.

Daytripper
November 17th, 2018, 06:37 PM
MVFC and BSC>Big South

If Sam was a 5 in the weak SLC when they were undefeated few years ago, why isn’t Kennesaw in that 5 slot. Big South is actually terrible.

This.

Lorne_Malvo
November 17th, 2018, 06:38 PM
Any team that takes 5 overtimes to beat JSU is not deserving of a top 4 seed. ;)

Reign of Terrier
November 17th, 2018, 06:40 PM
MVFC and BSC>Big South

If Sam was a 5 in the weak SLC when they were undefeated few years ago, why isn’t Kennesaw in that 5 slot. Big South is actually terrible.KSU has 2 good wins against JSU and Samford. But most of the CAA, MVFC, and SoCon would have gone no worse than 8-3 with their schedule.

They deserve a seed by virtue of going undefeated in FCS and winning 9/10 of those games by 2 scores or more. But they don't deserve a high seed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Daytripper
November 17th, 2018, 06:41 PM
KSU has 2 good wins against JSU and Samford. But most of the CAA, MVFC, and SoCon would have gone no worse than 8-3 with their schedule.

They deserve a seed by virtue of going undefeated in FCS and winning 9/10 of those games by 2 scores or more. But they don't deserve a high seed.

How is Samford a good win?

katss07
November 17th, 2018, 06:43 PM
How is Samford a good win?
My thoughts exactly...

I mean Hodges is good but Samford is your average, inconsistent SoCon team.

Reign of Terrier
November 17th, 2018, 06:45 PM
How is Samford a good win?Because if they don't win that game, Samford would be 7-4 with 4 wins against 3-4 playoff teams. In the playoffs, in other words.

mmiller_34
November 17th, 2018, 06:46 PM
SDSU will be a 4, 5, or 8 seed. 100%

Reign of Terrier
My thoughts exactly...

I mean Hodges is good but Samford is your average, inconsistent SoCon team.Says the Southland conference team???

TheKingpin28
1: NDSU
2: EWU
3: WSU
4: KSU
5: SDSU
6: UC-Davis
7: Colgate
8: Maine
9: JMU

-I know it is only 8 but I think with Maine getting the AQ, they get the bump over JMU, even though, we all know ESPN would love the JMU vs NDSU to be the Saturday feature on Quarterfinal weekend.
-I know WSU has the H-H but I think with the way they have dominated their opponents and if the committee looks at how the game went IN Ogden, they will recognize that had Gubrud been healthy, they would have beaten WSU.
-This would also set up the potential SDSU vs NDSU Friday Night Game for the semis as well.

NDSUKurt
November 17th, 2018, 06:50 PM
Any team that takes 5 overtimes to beat JSU is not deserving of a top 4 seed. ;)

Remember, the committee often sets the bracket in ways that are in the best interest of the travel expense instead of what is right based on team competition and quality (5 MVFC teams all on the same side of the bracket, more).

I can see the committee putting KSU as the 4 seed for travel and also potential Friday night games (ESPN always wants an east coast team playing when they air the Friday night quarterfinal and semifinal game). A NDSU (1) hosting KSU (4) would be a nice draw for ESPN.

kalm
November 17th, 2018, 06:50 PM
Ndsu
KSU
Weber
EWU
SDSU
Davis
JMU
Nicholls
Colgate

mainejeff
November 17th, 2018, 06:58 PM
1. NDSU
2. Eastern Washington
3. SDSU
4. Weber State
5. JMU
6. UC-Davis
7. Maine
8. Kennesaw State
---
Colgate
Nicholls State

JSUSoutherner
November 17th, 2018, 07:00 PM
NDSU
EWU
KSU
Weber
SDSU
Colgate
Davis
JMU

POD Knows
November 17th, 2018, 07:03 PM
SDSU will be fed into Fargo for the semi final game and that game will be the de facto Natty, just like the JMU/NDSU game was in 2016.

mmiller_34
November 17th, 2018, 07:16 PM
Yeah It’s going to be this:

1. NDSU
2. KSU
3. Weber State
4. Eastern Washington
5. SDSU
6. James Madison
7. Colgate
8. Davis

In my eyes this looks like the best scenario to save some $$$ without it being completely obvious.

kalm
November 17th, 2018, 07:16 PM
SDSU will be fed into Fargo for the semi final game and that game will be the de facto Natty, just like the JMU/NDSU game was in 2016.

I’d feel very confident in our chances and Weber’s chances against SDSU. Same for Maine and JMU. Slow your roll, sparky.

mmiller_34
November 17th, 2018, 07:18 PM
I’d feel very confident in our chances and Weber’s chances against SDSU. Same for Maine and JMU. Slow your roll, sparky.

Agreed. EWU and Weber will roll us by at least 30.

FargoBison
November 17th, 2018, 07:24 PM
1. NDSU
2. WSU
3. KSU
4. EWU
5. SDSU
6. JMU
7. Maine
8. Colgate

katss07
November 17th, 2018, 07:27 PM
1. NDSU
2. WSU
3. KSU
4. EWU
5. SDSU
6. JMU
7. Maine
8. Colgate
No Davis?

Gil Dobie
November 17th, 2018, 07:28 PM
I think the committee will do this

NDSU

Kennesaw

Weber St

EWU

SDSU

JMU

UCD

Maine

FargoBison
November 17th, 2018, 07:31 PM
No Davis?

They could slide in but that pummelling EWU gave them hurts.

POD Knows
November 17th, 2018, 07:41 PM
I’d feel very confident in our chances and Weber’s chances against SDSU. Same for Maine and JMU. Slow your roll, sparky.Be nice to me or I will drop some bookit karma your way, I took out both Montana and JSU today in their games, the power is strong. SDSU is tough to figure out, they can drop huge stink bombs at weird times but they always play us tough, I would rather see either Weber or EWU at Fargo but I think you guys get the 2 and 3 seeds. Any of these top 8 or 10 teams can beat anybody in the field, I just happen to think that SDSU is the second or third best team in the country at this point in time.

Schism55
November 17th, 2018, 07:43 PM
They could slide in but that pummelling EWU gave them hurts.
This ^^

My thoughts
1. NDSU
2. Eastern Wash.
3. SDSU
4. Weber St.
5. Kennesaw St.
6. JMU
7. Maine
8. Colgate

JacksFan40
November 17th, 2018, 07:53 PM
If the SDSU defense that showed up against Indiana State shows up, it’ll be a shootout. If SDSU’s defense decides too play good, then SDSU by 10+.

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2018, 07:56 PM
What I think they should be:

1. NDSU
2. Weber St
3. EWU
4. Colgate
5. SDSU
6. UC Davis
7. JMU
8. Maine

What I think they will be:

1. NDSU
2. EWU
3. Weber St
4. Kennesaw
5. Colgate
6. SDSU
7. JMU
8. Maine

Bison56
November 17th, 2018, 07:58 PM

So much this

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2018, 07:59 PM
I just don't see the BSC getting 3 seeds in a season where there's been a ton of parity outside of Fargo. The committee usually tries to be as PC possible.

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2018, 08:01 PM
I just don't see the BSC getting 3 seeds in a season where there's been a ton of parity outside of Fargo. The committee usually tries to be as PC possible.
Yep, I think politics will come into it and the committee will reward the CAA with another seed or maybe even Wofford or Nicholls to get another conference into the seed party.

Drblankstare
November 17th, 2018, 08:01 PM
Maine and JMU are getting seeded. No way CAA doesn’t get 2 seeds this year.

BisonTru
November 17th, 2018, 08:02 PM
My Guess

1. North Dakota St
2. Eastern Washington
3. Kennesaw St
4. Colgate
5. Weber St
6. South Dakota St
7. James Madison
8. Maine

----------------

9. Jacksonville St
10. Wofford
11. Nicholls St

Drblankstare
November 17th, 2018, 08:03 PM
My Guess

1. North Dakota St
2. Eastern Washington
3. Kennesaw St
4. Colgate
5. Weber St
6. South Dakota St
7. James Madison
8. Maine

----------------

9. Jacksonville St
10. Wofford
11. Nicholls St

Id flip Weber and Colgate, but I think your probably pretty close

BisonTru
November 17th, 2018, 08:06 PM
Id flip Weber and Colgate, but I think your probably pretty close

I could see that. Although I personally think Colgate deserves to be even higher than KSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2018, 09:23 PM
1. NDSU
2. Weber State
3. SDSU
4. EWU
5. Kennesaw State
6. Colgate
7. JMU
8. Maine

JacksFan40
November 17th, 2018, 09:26 PM
As long as we don’t face NDSU until Frisco I’ll be happy.

Prime Power
November 17th, 2018, 09:39 PM

Not gonna happen....

Winterborn
November 17th, 2018, 09:42 PM
Be nice to me or I will drop some bookit karma your way, I took out both Montana and JSU today in their games, the power is strong. SDSU is tough to figure out, they can drop huge stink bombs at weird times but they always play us tough, I would rather see either Weber or EWU at Fargo but I think you guys get the 2 and 3 seeds. Any of these top 8 or 10 teams can beat anybody in the field, I just happen to think that SDSU is the second or third best team in the country at this point in time.

The #bookit was strong today. xnodx In fact so strong, it had side affects on the rest of your seating sections karma and a row there actually won something. Maybe next time it will be the 50/50. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2018, 09:45 PM

SDSU deserves the #2 or #3 seed IMO.

If the teams are on opposite sides they meet in Frisco.

Cocky
November 17th, 2018, 09:48 PM
JSU will be seeded on their couch after week one.

Prime Power
November 17th, 2018, 09:50 PM
Maybe....

1. NDSU
2. Eastern Washington
3. SDSU
4. Kennesaw St.
5. Weber St.
6. JMU
7. Maine
8. Colgate

wmmii
November 17th, 2018, 10:08 PM
1. NDSU
2. Eastern Washington
3. Kennesaw St.
4. Maine
5. SDSU
6. Weber St.
7. JMU
8. Colgate

BisonBacker
November 17th, 2018, 10:10 PM
I'm predicting there will be plenty of PO'd people when the seeds are announced. I also think it will be a shame if Kennesaw gets a top 4 seed which I expect to happen.

clawman
November 17th, 2018, 10:13 PM
NDSU
EWU -clearly the second best team.
SDSU -will be a great semi game in Cheney
Weber- lucky to be here
KSU -way way over rated
Colgate
Davis
JMU

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2018, 10:16 PM
I'm predicting there will be plenty of PO'd people when the seeds are announced. I also think it will be a shame if Kennesaw gets a top 4 seed which I expect to happen.

This here.

NDSU and SDSU are the 2 best teams in the FCS.

BisonBacker
November 17th, 2018, 10:18 PM
NDSU
EWU -clearly the second best team.
SDSU -will be a great semi game in Cheney
Weber- lucky to be here
KSU -way way over rated
Colgate
Davis
JMU

I'm not sure it's that clear. Certainly arguable but I'd not say clearly. I think SDSU would have something to say about that. I'd say that game is a toss up with the advantage going to the home team.

katss07
November 17th, 2018, 10:19 PM
This. Couldn’t agree more!

BisonFan02
November 17th, 2018, 10:21 PM
Eagerly looking forward to the "greatest hits" of EWU fans to show back up. :D xlolx

TheKingpin28
November 17th, 2018, 10:33 PM
Eagerly looking forward to the "greatest hits" of EWU fans to show back up. :D xlolx

ScreaminEagle has already resurfaced.

BisonFan02
November 17th, 2018, 10:33 PM

Yay

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2018, 10:44 PM
SDSU deserves the #2 or #3 seed IMO.

If the teams are on opposite sides they meet in Frisco.
Yeah, I'm not seeing this. 8 wins with the best being Montana St and Indiana St in OT just doesn't do it for me. I see both EWU and Weber St over SDSU pretty easily right now. SDSU is #4 at best IMO.

Bison56
November 17th, 2018, 10:47 PM
Spotted him

Red & Black
November 17th, 2018, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I'm not seeing this. 8 wins with the best being Montana St and Indiana St in OT just doesn't do it for me. I see both EWU and Weber St over SDSU pretty easily right now. SDSU is #4 at best IMO.

Agreed.

TheKingpin28
November 17th, 2018, 11:01 PM
Yay

https://i2.wp.com/www.dhunplugged.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/dh_344.jpg?ssl=1

TheKingpin28
November 17th, 2018, 11:01 PM
Spotted him

xbowx

dewey
November 17th, 2018, 11:05 PM

Then it makes you wonder does Kennesaw State, James Madison and or Colgate jump SDSU.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2018, 11:06 PM
Then it makes you wonder does Kennesaw State, James Madison and or Colgate jump SDSU.

Dewey
No, no, and maybe. xtwocentsx

POD Knows
November 17th, 2018, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I'm not seeing this. 8 wins with the best being Montana St and Indiana St in OT just doesn't do it for me. I see both EWU and Weber St over SDSU pretty easily right now. SDSU is #4 at best IMO.You are wrong on SDSU, they are hitting their stride, they will get a 2 or 3 seed and roll through their bracket. Bet the ranch, bet the wife and kids, bet your boat, your car and your soul, #bookit.

Cocky
November 18th, 2018, 07:02 AM

Dewey

JMU shouldnt but the others have a good chance. Colgate was as impressive in their loss to Army as SDSU was to NDSU. (A NDSU v Army game would be a great one.) Kennesaw St only has a FBS loss and will be considered the best team in the SE which will give them a top 4.

BisonBacker
November 18th, 2018, 07:18 AM
JMU shouldnt but the others have a good chance. Colgate was as impressive in their loss to Army as SDSU was to NDSU. (A NDSU v Army game would be a great one.) Kennesaw St only has a FBS loss and will be considered the best team in the SE which will give them a top 4.

Your dream game of NDSU vs. Army would be similar to the NDSU vs Delaware game. NDSU would defeat Army and it wouldn't be close.

mmiller_34
November 18th, 2018, 07:21 AM
You are wrong on SDSU, they are hitting their stride, they will get a 2 or 3 seed and roll through their bracket. Bet the ranch, bet the wife and kids, bet your boat, your car and your soul, #bookit.

Not a chance. Once SDSU plays a team with a real offense things crumble pretty quickly. We won’t win a game in the playoffs

BisonBacker
November 18th, 2018, 07:23 AM
You are wrong on SDSU, they are hitting their stride, they will get a 2 or 3 seed and roll through their bracket. Bet the ranch, bet the wife and kids, bet your boat, your car and your soul, #bookit.

Not a chance. Once SDSU plays a team with a real offense things crumble pretty quickly. We won’t win a game in the playoffs

I don't know which one of you is the bigger bull****ter but it's a close matchup in that regard. Sandbaggers xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 07:28 AM
I don't know which one of you is the bigger bull****ter but it's a close matchup in that regard. Sandbaggers xlolx

This here.

SDSU should be a #2 or #3 IMO. More likely a #3.

Herder
November 18th, 2018, 07:35 AM
This here.

SDSU should be a #2 or #3 IMO. More likely a #3.

Clearly should be a 2 seed. Kennesaw and Colgate ahead, no way by any other bus five measure.

Cocky
November 18th, 2018, 07:35 AM
Your dream game of NDSU vs. Army would be similar to the NDSU vs Delaware game. NDSU would defeat Army and it wouldn't be close.

Never know but I would like to watch.

RabidRabbit
November 18th, 2018, 07:48 AM
Rabid thoughts on Seeds:

Here's the top 10 as of 10/31/18 from the committee

1. NDSU
2. JMU - lost to UNH since Halloween, 8-3 to finish
3. UC-Davis - Blown out by EWU, 9-2 to finish
4. Weber St - no losses, auto of Big Sky
5. Elon - 2 losses since Halloween, out of seeds.
6 KSU - no losses, but 5 OTs needed to beat JSU
7. SDSU - no losses
8. Wofford - lost to Furman
9. EWU - won out. Convincingly.
10. Delaware. 2 losses since Halloween.

So. All those that didn't lose out, move up to their respective slots.

1. NDSU
2. Weber St.
3. KSU
4. SDSU
5. EWU
6. Colgate - played well vs Army, undefeated vs FCS.
7. UC-Davis - Only mar is EWU loss (and Stanford).
8. JMU - best of the CAA.
9. Maine - Yay, auto of CAA, but ugly losses to Yale and W&M.
10. Nicholls or Jax St.

NDSU will end up being tested in Fargo by the very teams that have beat them this decade. Their easiest play-off match is likely to be in Frisco, should they make it. As a Rabbit fan, I don't like this either.

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2018, 07:51 AM

to heck with Army, just go play Alabama!

Hambone
November 18th, 2018, 07:52 AM
NDSU
EWU
KSU
Weber
SDSU
JMU
Colgate
Maine

Last spot is a tossup between Maine, UC Davis and Nicholls St, but I think they give it to the CAA auto.

BisonBacker
November 18th, 2018, 07:56 AM

xlolx I'm not delusional

Cocky
November 18th, 2018, 08:28 AM
NDSU would have won the first half yesterday

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2018, 08:42 AM

Mayhem at it again.