PDA

View Full Version : STONY BROOK NO SURE THING

MUHAWKS
November 17th, 2018, 05:44 PM
With this bad loss to Albany, this makes Stony Brook ( a team thought to be a sure thing) 7-4 with two of those wins coming against Bryant and Fordham.

Answer me this-

You beat Richmond who is sub .500, Nova who was up/down, New Hampshire who was not good combined with wins against not even a good NEC or patriot league team and then you lose to Albany last game of the season. Sprinkle that in with a blowout loss to Towson and are the wins against a non dominant Delaware team and a weird up and down URI team really enough to say Stony Brook should get in?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2018, 05:48 PM
That's a real bad loss.

Outside of Maine and JMU I'm not seeing much from the CAA heading into the playoffs.

mainejeff
November 17th, 2018, 05:50 PM
That's a real bad loss.

Outside of Maine and JMU I'm not seeing much from the CAA heading into the playoffs.

Elon might be #3!

SBUFAN33
November 17th, 2018, 05:55 PM
Still think a mid tier CAA team will beat MOST top tier teams in other conferences

MacThor
November 17th, 2018, 05:56 PM
That's a real bad loss.

This. The 3 7-4 teams and Elon are not sleeping well. Towson is without a bad loss, but they've lost 3 of 4. Elon wishes they'd played W&M. UD and SBU just needed to TCOB and they failed.
Their saving grace is the weak bubble.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2018, 05:56 PM
Elon might be #3!

Elon's probably the CAA's third wheel at this point. To their credit they gave it hell on the road against a Top 10 Black Bear team with the CAA up for grabs. Last week's butt kicking at the hands of Towson can't be ignore though.

I think Maine deserves a high seed. Them, Nicholls and Colgate could be undervalued imo. They have legit potential if awarded a proper route.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 17th, 2018, 07:09 PM
Elon might be #3!

Elon won't be in.

Maine is the autobid, JMU should be a lock, I think Stony Brook is in spot #3, with Delaware likely having the nod over Towson if they give the CAA 4.

KPSUL
November 17th, 2018, 07:24 PM
That's a real bad loss.

I'm going to answer you and the other knucklehead who posted 1st to this thread; you don't have a frigg'n clue what it's like to play in the CAA.

KPSUL
November 17th, 2018, 07:25 PM
Elon won't be in.

If it comes down to Furman vs Elon, they will.

KPSUL
November 17th, 2018, 07:35 PM
I think the NC A&T win and the FAMU loss means A&T will get the Celebration Bowl and there will be no MEAC playoff team. Indiana State's win means that MVFC will likely get 3 total. Idaho State lost so Big Sky will have 4. Bottom line, CAA will see 5 teams in, maybe 6 if it comes down to Furman vs Elon.

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2018, 07:38 PM
Wins over Delaware and URI get Stony Brook in regardless of their ugly week 12 loss to Albany. And they shouldn't have much of a sweat. xtwocentsx

Elon won't be in.

Maine is the autobid, JMU should be a lock, I think Stony Brook is in spot #3, with Delaware likely having the nod over Towson if they give the CAA 4.

Agreed. I think the CAA gets 6 bids with the bubble softening today as A&T, UND, Idaho St, and a few Southland teams all depart the bubble.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2018, 07:40 PM
I'm going to answer you and the other knucklehead who posted 1st to this thread; you don't have a frigg'n clue what it's like to play in the CAA.

You come across so bitter at times. Strange...

The CAA is a fine conference but I don't see the strength at the top this year. It all comes down to who could legitimately challenge for Frisco. I think the CAA has two teams. I'd say the same thing regarding the MVFC, NDSU and SDSU,

FUGameBreaker
November 17th, 2018, 07:42 PM
If you assume these teams are in:

NDSU
EWU
KSU
Weber St.
SDSU
Colgate
UC Davis
James Madison
Stony Brook
Maine
Towson
Delaware
Wofford
JSU
ETSU
Nicholls St.
San Diego
Duquesne
Elon

5 more at-larges up for grabs, updated list:

Furman: (4 losses)(1 FBS lose)(hurricane canceled game)
Top 25 wins - #15 Wofford
Worst loss - (6-5) Samfrod

Incarnate Word: (4 losses)(2 FBS losses)(canceled game on own volition)
Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (7-4) Lamar

UNI: (5 losses)(1 FBS lose)
Top 25 wins - #5 SDSU
Worst loss - (4-7) Youngstown St.

SE Missouri St.: (3 losses)(1 FBS lose)
Top 25 wins - #16 JSU
Worst loss - (5-6) Murray St.

Montana St.: (4 losses)(0 FBS games)
Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (6-5) Idaho St.

Indiana St.: (4 losses)(1 FBS lose)(1 lower division win)
Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (4-7) Missouri St.

Lamar: (4 losses)(1 FBS lose)(1 lower division win)
Top 25 wins - #24 Incarnate Word
Worst loss - (4-7) SE LA

EKU: (4 losses)(2 FBS losses)
Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (5-6) Murray State

PaladinFan
November 17th, 2018, 07:42 PM

I used to think that. Furman's won 6 of 7 and played Elon without their QB. Elon's been without a few key players recently and has gone into a nosedive.

I mean, the game happened and Furman didn't look good. Furman looks a lot better right now than Elon does, though.

KPSUL
November 17th, 2018, 07:54 PM
You come across so bitter at times. Strange...

The CAA is a fine conference but I don't see the strength at the top this year. It all comes down to who could legitimately challenge for Frisco. I think the CAA has two teams. I'd say the same thing regarding the MVFC, NDSU and SDSU,

Post #1, his was particular asinine since he was suggesting Monmouth deserved to be in the playoffs more than Stony Brook. Your post merely displays a total lack of understanding of the reality of the CAA, particularly this season - and you're here enough to know better.

Preferred Walk-On
November 18th, 2018, 07:17 AM
I used to think that. Furman's won 6 of 7 and played Elon without their QB. Elon's been without a few key players recently and has gone into a nosedive.

I mean, the game happened and Furman didn't look good. Furman looks a lot better right now than Elon does, though.

I respectfully disagree. Elon just lost to the CAA champions by one point on the road...and it took two kickoff returns for TDs against them to do so. Furman just beat Mercer (who I'll grant you is no slouch). Elon looks better...right now. Also, I think Elon goes 4-0 against Furman's last four opponents. Furman just appears better due to playing the mid-to-bottom half of the SoCon for the last 4 games, while Elon has had to play the mid-to-top half of the CAA for their last 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk