PDA

View Full Version : The Citadel @ #1 Alabama

JacksFan40
November 17th, 2018, 12:40 PM
This is awesome and deserves its own thread. Citadel and the reigning FBS champs tied at 10 in early 3rd.
Vegas had Bama winning by 53.
Bama driving though, don’t think Citadel will stay in this one. I can only imagine Saban’s halftime speech.

ElCid
November 17th, 2018, 12:43 PM
This is awesome and deserves its own thread. Citadel and the reigning FBS champs tied at 10 in early 3rd.
Vegas had Bama winning by 53.
Bama driving though, don’t think Citadel will stay in this one. I can only imagine Saban’s halftime speech.

Yeah, I am thinking he lowered the boom on them in the locker room. I got a bad feeling now, but who knows. The have been able to move the ball pretty well against bamas D so who knows. This series will tell a lot.

ElCid
November 17th, 2018, 12:45 PM
Ok, Dogs just self destructed. Bama scoop and score.

Why did you jinks by starting a thread?

ming01
November 17th, 2018, 12:45 PM
Well it was fun while it lasted

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2018, 12:46 PM
It's almost like Saban tries to create adversity for his team in these games. Obvious great effort by the The Citadel!

JacksFan40
November 17th, 2018, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I am thinking he lowered the boom on them in the locker room. I got a bad feeling now, but who knows. The have been able to move the ball pretty well against bamas D so who knows. This series will tell a lot.
One team I know that’s loving this is UCF, after being ridiculed for playing a weak schedule and now they can bash Bama even if they win.

ElCid
November 17th, 2018, 12:57 PM
As I thought, he.a pulling away. They score again, 30-10 now. Although the ref missed a block in the back.

Bisonoline
November 17th, 2018, 01:29 PM
As I thought, he.a pulling away. They score again, 30-10 now. Although the ref missed a block in the back.

Yes he did.

ElCid
November 17th, 2018, 01:44 PM
44 yard run TD for The Citadel. Nice run.

Now 43-17 Bama.

Still 17 is more than 7 of Bama's 10 opponents has scored. Small victory.

PaladinFan
November 17th, 2018, 01:46 PM
SoCon teams will play the biggest and the best.

ElCid
November 17th, 2018, 02:00 PM
Kind of knew that Bama would recover in the second half. Still 50-17 loss to the #1 team in the land is not terrible.

Hood
November 17th, 2018, 04:25 PM
I laughed hard when they displayed the tweet from The Citadel's twitter page, throwing shade at some SEC teams and their inability to score.

woffordgrad94
November 17th, 2018, 04:29 PM
They are not known for being a quiet bunch down there in Chucktown...

CID1990
November 17th, 2018, 08:45 PM
Very proud of this team. SEC teams keep paying us to show them that we don't just roll over.

This was definitely the "what could have been" season, but we've got two years of Rainey to go. The future is bright!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gofurman
November 17th, 2018, 09:08 PM
Very proud of this team. SEC teams keep paying us to show them that we don't just roll over.

This was definitely the "what could have been" season, but we've got two years of Rainey to go. The future is bright!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glad we got out of chuck town w a win. You guys look much better now. I know you have a new QB. Granted we were playing our third string QB but point is you all are looking better. Bama can't coach option D

ElCid
November 19th, 2018, 08:11 AM
https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2018/11/18/18100263/college-football-rankings-notre-dame-ucf-washington-state?__twitter_impression=true

Good publicity for my Dogs and FCS in general. Pretty fun article.

walliver
November 19th, 2018, 08:24 AM
Bama ain't South Carolina. When I saw the half-time score, I expected the end result.
But it was still a valiant effort.

FUBeAR
November 19th, 2018, 08:32 AM
SoCon teams will play the biggest and the best....and on most occasions those biggest & best have a fight on their hands for at least a half...then 85 vs. 63 starts to ‘show up.’

The Citadel @ Bama 2018
Samford @ Florida State 2018
Mercer @ Auburn 2017

...are just the recent examples.

But a SoCon Champion isn’t ‘welcome’ in the FCS Playoffs. Selection Committee needs to stop reading whatever misinformation they are using to ‘inform’ their opinions and start watching some #%€*<ing Football games.