PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento St at UC Davis Game Moved to Reno

BlueGoldAg
November 16th, 2018, 12:44 PM
The Sacramento State at UC Davis game will now be played Saturday at McKay Stadium in Reno due to the continuing unhealthy air quality throughout northern California from the tragic Camp Fire. The game is scheduled for a 12 noon kickoff and all tickets will be honored at the gate.

This is the annual rivalry game known as the Causeway Classic between the two schools. It's great that the schools have found a way to still play the game. The game is very important to the Aggies in regards to the playoff selection and seeding and Sac St would like nothing better than to spoil the party for the resurgent Aggies. The Aggies always honor their seniors with their families before the final home game of the season and I'm sure they'll do that in Reno but, unfortunately, it won't be in front of a packed house on their own field.

The game will be carried on KHTK 1140 AM as usual and the athletic department is working on getting a live video stream.

Go Ags!

JSUSoutherner
November 16th, 2018, 12:46 PM
Great news this game will be played. Especially for the seniors.

Laker
November 16th, 2018, 12:47 PM
I'm glad that they can play the game. Still such a tragedy that is ongoing.

MSUBobcat
November 16th, 2018, 01:01 PM
The Sacramento State at UC Davis game will now be played Saturday at McKay Stadium in Reno due to the continuing unhealthy air quality throughout northern California from the tragic Camp Fire. The game is scheduled for a 12 noon kickoff and all tickets will be honored at the gate.

This is the annual rivalry game known as the Causeway Classic between the two schools. It's great that the schools have found a way to still play the game. The game is very important to the Aggies in regards to the playoff selection and seeding and Sac St would like nothing better than to spoil the party for the resurgent Aggies. The Aggies always honor their seniors with their families before the final home game of the season and I'm sure they'll do that in Reno but, unfortunately, it won't be in front of a packed house on their own field.

The game will be carried on KHTK 1140 AM as usual and the athletic department is working on getting a live video stream.

Go Ags!

Excellent new for Davis! Unfortunate for fans but it's an easy jaunt over to Reno so hopefully a good number of fans make the trip. Make it dual purpose and swing by the Bunny Ranch. The owner won't be there however, as his corpse is preparing to take his seat on the Nevada Assembly, representing the fightin' 36th!

SochorField
November 16th, 2018, 01:33 PM
3 hour road trip from the Bay Area. Looking forward to it.

Free admission for those who did not purchase tickets in advance, but they will be accepting donations. All proceeds will be given to the American Red Cross to support its Camp Fire recovery efforts. Excellent move by all parties involved.

BEAT SAC. GO AGGIES. Score 80.

https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2018/11/16/football-causeway-classic-relocated-to-mackay-stadium-in-reno-nevada.aspx

(https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2018/11/16/football-causeway-classic-relocated-to-mackay-stadium-in-reno-nevada.aspx)

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2018, 01:44 PM
This really helps UC-Davis and their claim to a potential seed.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

BlueGoldAg
November 16th, 2018, 01:46 PM

Free admission for those who did not purchase tickets in advance, but they will be accepting donations. All proceeds will be given to the American Red Cross to support its Camp Fire recovery efforts. Excellent move by all parties involved.

BEAT SAC. GO AGGIES. Score 80.

https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2018/11/16/football-causeway-classic-relocated-to-mackay-stadium-in-reno-nevada.aspx

(https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2018/11/16/football-causeway-classic-relocated-to-mackay-stadium-in-reno-nevada.aspx)

It's really great to hear that the schools are doing what they can to benefit all those who have lost so much: 7,600 homes lost, 63 confirmed dead and 600 still missing. Hell on Earth...

dbackjon
November 16th, 2018, 01:49 PM
Glad they are playing and raising money

AggieFinn
November 16th, 2018, 02:19 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29503&stc=1

Heading up either tonight or tomorrow morning. Getting donations ready.

Aggies played there last in September 2015 if I remember correctly.

Grizalltheway
November 16th, 2018, 02:43 PM

Aggies played there last in September 2015 if I remember correctly.

Love the flag. Wildland firefighters are a very underappreciated bunch.

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2018, 02:46 PM

Aggies played there last in September 2015 if I remember correctly.A buddy of mine had that made into a patch and put that on his backpack from his local station. He has been there for about 20 years. The pictures are just unfathomable.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

AggieFinn
November 16th, 2018, 03:02 PM
We have a serious problem with forest fires in California - every year the same story, no solutions or mediation. Hotshots and all the wildland crews are overworked during the summer/fall.

kdinva
November 16th, 2018, 03:12 PM

All proceeds will be given to the American Red Cross to support its Camp Fire recovery efforts. nevada.aspx

great that the game will be played, and monies donated to the unfortunate..........a quick drive on I-80 east.

BlueGoldAg
November 16th, 2018, 03:35 PM
We have a serious problem with forest fires in California - every year the same story, no solutions or mediation. Hotshots and all the wildland crews are overworked during the summer/fall.

Sadly, this is all so true in California and much of the west. The drought continues year after year and each summer brings more prolonged, record heat creating explosive wildfire conditions and water shortages. This has become the new normal with little relief in sight while the planet continues to warm as carbon emissions increase globally. America needs to be joining forces with the nations of the world and leading the way to do all that can be done to slow global warming and that isn't happening. The alarm has been sounding for a long time about the consequences of continued inaction and what is currently happening in California is a glimpse of the impending environmental disaster which is rapidly underway.

Catbooster
November 16th, 2018, 03:35 PM
Great news all around.

100%GRIZ
November 17th, 2018, 09:52 AM
Sadly, this is all so true in California and much of the west. The drought continues year after year and each summer brings more prolonged, record heat creating explosive wildfire conditions and water shortages. This has become the new normal with little relief in sight while the planet continues to warm as carbon emissions increase globally. America needs to be joining forces with the nations of the world and leading the way to do all that can be done to slow global warming and that isn't happening. The alarm has been sounding for a long time about the consequences of continued inaction and what is currently happening in California is a glimpse of the impending environmental disaster which is rapidly underway.

Only one way to accomplish what everyone wants - Less People = Less Pollution Dah

UpstateBison
November 17th, 2018, 10:34 AM

We have a thread for this on the Poli board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk