PDA

View Full Version : FBS Transfers for your team

KAUMASS
April 3rd, 2007, 05:55 PM
I am trying to keep a tab on all FBS transfers to FCS schools this year throughout the whole country. Please update your school and I will send out an update for the whole country right before the 2007 season kickoff. Please keep comments about FBS transfers in general to a minimum. We could and should have another full thread about AGS'rs thoughts regarding FBS and JC transfers and how it can affect FCS and FCS playoffs in general. Pro's and (con's, if any) Thanks for the help. xthumbsupx

I will start with UMass this year so far:

1. Jeremy Miles- Navy DB, 6'2", 207. Started a number of games for Navy last year.

2. Jeremy Miles-Boston University-Yes, BU!! 6'8" 285, OL. Was on scholarship for basketball at BU. Was an all western Mass. and Mass. Division 1 all-state for football. Will be interesting to see how this kid works out. Coach Brown must see something in this kid for a full scholarship.

UMass over the last few years also adds another one or two FBS transfers before summer camp opens, will keep up to date.

Seat16Demon
April 3rd, 2007, 06:06 PM
As for the Demons:

1. Rogers Loche -- LB 5'11'' 240 Freshman - Ole Miss; Bastrop HS Bastrop, LA

2. Jasper Edwards -- WR 5'8'' 180 Soph. - ULL; Norhwest HS, Opelousas, LA

3. Leron King -- DE 6'0'' 220 Junior - Ole Miss; Miami Northwestern Sr. HS, Miami, FL

PSUVikings
April 3rd, 2007, 06:16 PM
This years transfers

Brian White QB, Colorado
Zach Tarver WR, Oregon State

more soon....

NDSUFREAK
April 3rd, 2007, 06:21 PM
I think Tony Stauss from either Northwestern or Kansas State. That was still when we were DII.

SuperJon
April 3rd, 2007, 06:22 PM
As of right now:

Rashad Jennings - RB (junior in the fall) - transferred from Pitt due to his father being sick.
Stevie Ray Lloyd - LB (senior in the fall) - transferred from VaTech
Stephen Sene - OL (senior in fall) - Played at South Carolina, was injured and had some family things, went to a JuCo, then came to Liberty
Zach Davis - OL (junior in fall) - Transferred from ECU. Didn't start last year for LU
Eddie Pinigis - OL (senior in fall) - Transferred from UVA for more playing time.
____ Ausberry (can't remember his first name) - OL (senior in fall) - Transferred from UVA. Recieved his diploma from UVA and is enrolled in LU master's program.
Kent Hicks - DB (senior in fall) - Transfer from VT
Vince Redd - LB/DE (senior in fall) - Transfer from UVA. Dismissed from team at UVA, Coach Rocco put his neck on the line for him, has been the model citizen since he's been here (sat out a year due to academics).

Some say there are others coming this summer, some don't. We'll find out later.

It's good to point out that Coach Rocco was the associate head coach at UVA and coached all of the players who have transferred from there. Once the players he recruited graduate, the pipeline may dry up.

TexasTerror
April 3rd, 2007, 06:28 PM
New to the team this year...

Rhett Bomar QB 6-2 215 Jr-Tr Grand Prairie / Grand Prairie (Oklahoma)

Should make a huge impact and is working with the #1 offense. Has already added a lot of PR to Sam including an ESPN feature tomorrow on OTL. Has been really getting on the various offensive units to show up to voluntary workouts in what is being compared to similar fashion of Josh McCown, now a QB in the NFL.

Chris Brown DE 6-3 218 So-Tr Texarkana, TX / Texas (Texas)

Kats were not that great in getting pressure on the QB. Chris Brown was a major impact player in HS and one of the top-rated players coming out of HS in the D-Line department. Should put some pressure on FCS QBs...

Olufemi Ogundare RB 5-8 200 So-Tr Houston / Bellaire (Eastern Michigan)

Ogundare should compete for the top running back following departure of DD Terry. Versatile athlete in college who played QB. Very fast. Named one of top 10 QBs in state of Texas as a senior.

Trey Payne WR 5-9 170 Jr-Tr LaMarque (Baylor)

Already emerging as one of Bomar's favorite targets. Apparently is comparable to some of the Kats receivers from years past last like Jonathan Cooper and Jarrod Fuller.

HENJOHN
April 3rd, 2007, 06:31 PM
Delaware has:

DE Ronald Talley (6-4,267) coming in from Notre Dame
LB Jonathan Smith (6-3,225) coming in from UCONN
RB Jerry Butler (5-8,180) coming in from Wisconsin

patssle
April 3rd, 2007, 06:35 PM
Chris Brown played for the championship Texas team in 2005 in 8 games.

TexasTerror
April 3rd, 2007, 06:39 PM
Chris Brown played for the championship Texas team in 2005 in 8 games.

According to Bearkat Athletics, "played in six game as a true freshman at defensive end before he was sidelined with a broken leg"...still impressive that he got that PT as a true FR for the Horns...

ChickenMan
April 3rd, 2007, 06:43 PM
Ronald Talley.. 6'4.. 265.. Jr.. DE.. Notre Dame.. started some games at ND

Johnathan Smith.. 6'3.. 220.. Soph.. LB.. UConn.. also started some games for UConn

Jerry Butler.. 5'9.. 185.. Soph.. RB.. Wisconsin.. stuck behind Fr sensation PJ Hill.. but was very highly rated coming out of HS

and there are strong rumors that one more LB is on the way

JoshUCA
April 3rd, 2007, 06:44 PM
For UCA:

Chijuan Mack - WR 6-2 185 from Baton Rouge, LA via Oklahoma State
Cedric Logan - WR 6-0 198 from Fayetteville, AR via Arkansas
Zach Logan - FB 6-2 240 from Wilson, AR via Vanderbilt
Justin Snelson - WR 6-3 195 from Rogers, AR via Arkansas
Marc Winston - TE 6-6 260 from Little Rock, AR via Arkansas

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 3rd, 2007, 06:56 PM
I am trying to keep a tab on all FBS transfers to FCS schools this year throughout the whole country. Please update your school and I will send out an update for the whole country right before the 2007 season kickoff. Please keep comments about FBS transfers in general to a minimum. We could and should have another full thread about AGS'rs thoughts regarding FBS and JC transfers and how it can affect FCS and FCS playoffs in general. Pro's and (con's, if any) Thanks for the help. xthumbsupx

I will start with UMass this year so far:

1. Jeremy Miles- Navy DB, 6'2", 207. Started a number of games for Navy last year.

2. Jeremy Miles-Boston University-Yes, BU!! 6'8" 285, OL. Was on scholarship for basketball at BU. Was an all western Mass. and Mass. Division 1 all-state for football. Will be interesting to see how this kid works out. Coach Brown must see something in this kid for a full scholarship.

UMass over the last few years also adds another one or two FBS transfers before summer camp opens, will keep up to date.

I think the former BU Hoopster is:

Ben Coblyn* OL Jr. 6-8 285 Amherst, Mass./Amherst Regional/Boston University

KAUMASS
April 3rd, 2007, 07:23 PM
I think the former BU Hoopster is:

Ben Coblyn* OL Jr. 6-8 285 Amherst, Mass./Amherst Regional/Boston University

You are correct! Thanks for the update..xthumbsupx

GeauxColonels
April 3rd, 2007, 07:26 PM
Nicholls State Colonels
[1] Lance Moore (DB) - 6'1" 190lbs - Leakesville, MS - Southern Mississippi
[2] Solomon Ona (DL) - 6'1" 300lbs - Baker, LA - Mississippi State
[3] Ladarius Webb (DB) - 5'11" 180lbs - Opelika, AL - Southern Mississippi

PDXCat
April 3rd, 2007, 07:52 PM
As of right now:

Rashad Jennings - RB (junior in the fall) - transferred from Pitt due to his father being sick.
Stevie Ray Lloyd - LB (senior in the fall) - transferred from VaTech
Stephen Sene - OL (senior in fall) - Played at South Carolina, was injured and had some family things, went to a JuCo, then came to Liberty
Zach Davis - OL (junior in fall) - Transferred from ECU. Didn't start last year for LU
Eddie Pinigis - OL (senior in fall) - Transferred from UVA for more playing time.
____ Ausberry (can't remember his first name) - OL (senior in fall) - Transferred from UVA. Recieved his diploma from UVA and is enrolled in LU master's program.
Kent Hicks - DB (senior in fall) - Transfer from VT
Vince Redd - LB/DE (senior in fall) - Transfer from UVA. Dismissed from team at UVA, Coach Rocco put his neck on the line for him, has been the model citizen since he's been here (sat out a year due to academics).

Some say there are others coming this summer, some don't. We'll find out later.

It's good to point out that Coach Rocco was the associate head coach at UVA and coached all of the players who have transferred from there. Once the players he recruited graduate, the pipeline may dry up.

Due to the new rule requiring at least 2 years of eligibility remaining in order to play right away, whats with all those seniors in the fall? I guess if they attend graduate school they can still do it. Are they all going to grad school?

Seawolf97
April 3rd, 2007, 08:05 PM
Stonybrook has 3 transfers from FBS programs.

Brandon Mason Running Back 6'2 220 Pitt
Greg Weeks Inside Linebacker 6'0 240 Indiana
Mike Mccoy Corner back 5'10 190 Univ. Kansas
Plus a host fo Junior College transfers.

SuperJon
April 3rd, 2007, 08:09 PM
Due to the new rule requiring at least 2 years of eligibility remaining in order to play right away, whats with all those seniors in the fall? I guess if they attend graduate school they can still do it. Are they all going to grad school?

Lloyd, Pinnigis, and Sene have all been here at least a year.

Ausberry is going to grad school as we speak.

I think Hicks will be a senior next year, I could be wrong.

SuperJon
April 3rd, 2007, 08:10 PM
Also, Vince Redd transferred before the season last year. He lost a year of eligibility due to academic reasons.

McNeese75
April 3rd, 2007, 09:32 PM
None, Nada, Zero xnodx

GoGuins
April 3rd, 2007, 09:39 PM
One I know of

Sian Cotton - DT 6'-4 325 Ohio State
(former HS b-ball teammate of LeBron James at Akron, OH St Vincent St Mary)

I'm hearing rumors of a RB from Miami, Fl coming in

stuperman17
April 3rd, 2007, 09:42 PM
One I know of

Sian Cotton - DT 6'-4 325 Ohio State
(former HS b-ball teammate of LeBron James at Akron, OH St Vincent St Mary)

I'm hearing rumors of a RB from Miami, Fl coming in

We got a juco coming in from cali somewhere. I guess he was like a sophomore when reggie bush was in high school, they went to the same school.

I heard we might get some other guys too, from FBS that is.

TexasTerror
April 3rd, 2007, 09:43 PM
Kats apparently have added...

96 John Richardson DE 6-2 245 Fr-RS Humble / Humble (Iowa St.)

Kill'em
April 3rd, 2007, 10:10 PM
Georgia Southern has a few:

Neal Jones - DL 6-4/253 Soph.
Darius Rawls - DL 6-5/289 Jr
Darrian Felton - WR 5-7/152 Jr
Cory Clemons - LB 6-4/214 Sr
Cliff McGhee - LB 6-2/235 Jr
Jesse Hartley - PK 5-11/202 Jr
Lorenzo Kelsaw - RB 5-10/235 Jr

And the two marquee names:
Mike Hamilton - RB 6-1/215 Jr (from Oklahoma St)
Quentin Taylor - LB 6-0/240 Jr (From Miss St, I believe)

gr8ness97
April 3rd, 2007, 10:15 PM
WSSU

Jarrett Dunston RB/QB Temple
William Wall DE Va. Tech
T.J Sheppard RB N.C. State (ran track only)

appfan2008
April 3rd, 2007, 11:01 PM
For UCA:

Chijuan Mack - WR 6-2 185 from Baton Rouge, LA via Oklahoma State
Cedric Logan - WR 6-0 198 from Fayetteville, AR via Arkansas
Zach Logan - FB 6-2 240 from Wilson, AR via Vanderbilt
Justin Snelson - WR 6-3 195 from Rogers, AR via Arkansas
Marc Winston - TE 6-6 260 from Little Rock, AR via Arkansas

that should be one heck of a recieving corp!

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 3rd, 2007, 11:33 PM
Lehigh has two

Frank Lawler WR 5'11 190 Wake Forrest
Justin Pastore RB 5'11 205 Kent State

Pastore should see significant time this year at RB. He showed a lot of promise last year as a strong between the tackles runner with speed. Not sure about Lawler but Lehigh could use some depth at WR with Yansane, Fitzgerald and Donchez the only returning wr's with experience.

Keeper
April 4th, 2007, 01:52 AM
Been waiting for this thread for weeks !!

MORE MORE !!

Thanks to all you CSers.

Lionsrking
April 4th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Southeastern Louisiana has three...

Jay Lucas (5-11, 220, RB, Baton Rouge, La.) from Texas A&M
Kendrick Perry (6-1, 240, RB, Amite, La.) from Ole Miss
Tyler Unsworth (6-8, 300, OL, Slidell, La.) from Southern Miss

Unsworth technically isn't a transfer since he never attended class at USM and still five years to play four.

My understanding is we may pick up several more before the start of fall practice. One will likely be a QB. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

Tribe4SF
April 4th, 2007, 05:48 AM
W&M

Robert Livingston (6'3" 215 Safety, Hendersonville, NC) Western Michigan

JoshUCA
April 4th, 2007, 09:13 AM
that should be one heck of a recieving corp!
Yeah, they should be pretty good!

JMU2K_DukeDawg
April 4th, 2007, 09:17 AM
None yet. :D

People are still talking about us picking up a possible D lineman or LB, extra depth in the OL is always appreciated at JMU. We'll see, but nothing specific in the rumor mill to my knowledge.

atlGAmocs
April 4th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Chattanooga has one FBS transfer so far...

Tony Pastore QB, 6-2 200 Woodstock, Ga./Kent State University

Did not surpass Antonio Miller for QB 1 during spring practice, however he does have 3 years of eligibility

IaaScribe
April 4th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Kent Hicks at Liberty has two years of eligibility remaining

Ivytalk
April 4th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Harvard still has Richard Irvin, a rising senior QB from Tulane, but he's played very little. Last year, he was 3rd string behind O'Hagan and Pizzotti. I sure hope they get a "hoss" RB transfer this year, because the returning crop is cut from the Clifton Dawson physical mold (5-9 or 5-10, 190-200) but without the speed or talent.

IaaScribe
April 4th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Kent Hicks at Liberty has two years of eligibility remaining

SuperJon
April 4th, 2007, 10:51 AM
That's why you and your pink shirt are my hero.

813Jag
April 4th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Southern has two who played extensively last season Del Roberts and Isiah Thomas both from UNC. I think they got one from USF and Temple this spring.

GoGuins
April 4th, 2007, 11:55 AM
We got a juco coming in from cali somewhere. I guess he was like a sophomore when reggie bush was in high school, they went to the same school.

I heard we might get some other guys too, from FBS that is.

Just read today that RB Maurice Wells from Ohio State is coming in, unofficially.

The Tank
April 4th, 2007, 12:05 PM
USD Toreros:

Existing Transfers:

Michael Crawford 9 DB 6-0 191 JR - Hampton Univ.
Brendan Feliczak 34 RB 6-2 220 RS FR - Hawaii
Taber LeMarr 86 WR 6-2 210 JR - Wyoming
Patrick O'Neill 24 DB 5-11 200 RS SO - Dartmouth
Damian Scott 28 DB 5-9 180 - San Diego State

Losing Transfers:

Spencer Hollison 71 OL 6-6 300 RS SR - Washington State
Chase McBride 2 DB 6-2 210 RS SR - USC

zilla
April 4th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Coastal only has two...

WR Trent Usher R-Jr 6-0 200 (South Carolina)
RB E.J. Rascoe Jr 6-0 260 (Marshall)

Jiggs
April 4th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Chris Evans, RB, UAB
Seth Harkness, QB, UAB
Alex Mortensen, QB, Arkansas
John Weber, OL. UCF
Michael Hall, DE, Arkansas

IaaScribe
April 4th, 2007, 06:54 PM
That's why you and your pink shirt are my hero.

I'm confident in my masculinity. Plus, the ladies dig men who wear pink. xnodx

PrinceofJSU
April 4th, 2007, 09:28 PM
We have two for right now. xpeacex

JSU tigers sign former Miss State QB

Jackson State coach Rick Comegy announced the Tigers have signed former Mississippi State quarterback Tray Rutland.

Rutland, a 6-foot-1, 221-pound sophomore, should be eligible to play at Jackson State immediately and could push incumbent starter Jimmy Oliver for playing time.

Rutland could not immediately be reached for comment. He threw for 151 yards, no touchdowns and four interceptions last season at Mississippi State.

Comegy also said the team has signed a pair of cornerbacks - former University of Missouri starter Domonique Johnson and Compton CC's (Calif.) Renel Tanis.

White, a 6-foot-2, 200-pound junior, transferred from Missouri because of personal reasons, according to a Feb. 23 article in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

White started four games in 2006 for Missouri, finishing with two interceptions and 17 tackles.

Lionsrking
April 4th, 2007, 11:47 PM
n

Lionsrking
April 4th, 2007, 11:49 PM
From what I understand, Tray Rutland inquired about coming to Southeastern but we didn't offer.

JaxStateManager
April 5th, 2007, 12:18 AM
As of right now Jax State has the following on campus and on the field:

Anthony Jones, RB, Troy State
Terrell Johnson, CB, Ball State
Coy Williamson, LB, Middle Tennessee State
Devon May, OT, Louisville....he transfered here and played last season
Al Jefferson, OG, Alabama...he too was here last season
Caleb Haynes, DE, UAB
Logan Hooks, FB, Auburn