PDA

View Full Version : Yale captain left school after sexual assault complaint

Go Green
November 14th, 2018, 08:47 AM
https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2018/11/14/football-captain-withdrew-from-yale-amid-sexual-assault-investigation/

At the beginning of the season, Ivy fans were bewildered that Yale captain Kyle Mullen--widely expected to be an Ivy defensive player of the year candidate--left school. Most assumed that it was academic-related (it happens).

Apparently, he was accused of sexual assault, and opted to leave Yale before the charges were adjudicated before the student board.

Obviously, there are bigger issues at play here for all involved. And I hope that things work out for all. But strictly within the realm of football, his departure was a big reason why Yale underperformed this season. I seriously doubt he returns to Yale next season.

bulldog10jw
November 14th, 2018, 09:13 AM
Like the Jack Montague situation, we will never know the truth

Go Green
November 14th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Like the Jack Montague situation, we will never know the truth

We actually have a pretty good idea about what happened with Montague. He filed a lawsuit against Yale and the pleadings are available on the internet if you care to read them.

Doesn't look like Mullen is going to take that route. Maybe we can draw conclusions from that, maybe not.

kdinva
November 14th, 2018, 09:40 AM
https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2018/11/14/football-captain-withdrew-from-yale-amid-sexual-assault-investigation/

At the beginning of the season, Ivy fans were bewildered that Yale captain Kyle Mullen--widely expected to be an Ivy defensive player of the year candidate--left school.....Obviously, there are bigger issues at play here for all involved. And I hope that things work out for all. But strictly within the realm of football, his departure was a big reason why Yale underperformed this season. I seriously doubt he returns to Yale next season.

Liberty will take him.....seriously I hope the young man gets it together and has a fine adult life.....

bulldog10jw
November 14th, 2018, 09:47 AM
We actually have a pretty good idea about what happened with Montague. He filed a lawsuit against Yale and the pleadings are available on the internet if you care to read them.

Doesn't look like Mullen is going to take that route. Maybe we can draw conclusions from that, maybe not.

Pleadings are not necessarily the truth

walliver
November 14th, 2018, 10:56 AM
At many schools, you are guilty until proven innocent, and even then you may still be guilty.

If he is guilty, Yale's silence may put other women at risk. If he is innocent, an aggressive defense could be more harmful to his reputation than simply walking away.

Unfortunately, two lives have been affected negatively, and we will never know what happened.

Houndawg
November 14th, 2018, 12:25 PM
I thought this thread was going to be some kind of a Kavanaugh joke

IBleedYellow
November 14th, 2018, 12:32 PM

Can we NOT today?

Thanks.

Laker
November 14th, 2018, 02:39 PM

I thought it was about this guy.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRd7CQs9cIDvJFAk-KjavKKGCDPrOrzHw-vPlS7uhkjBHsAeTHngQ

MikeMurphy
February 2nd, 2023, 05:26 PM
The opposing team has a great chance of winning.

JasonCurtis
February 2nd, 2023, 05:52 PM
I think this is a very strange decision. You can't accuse a person of anything until proven guilty. More and more people are filing sexual harassment charges these days, and most of them are false accusations to make money. When I was in the military, a girl accused me of sexual harassment. But I did not commit any wrongdoing, so I went to military law (https://ucmjdefense.com/air-force-military-defense-lawyers-court-martial-attorneys.html) experts and they proved my innocence. The law should punish only those who are guilty.

bulldog10jw
February 2nd, 2023, 06:16 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/us/seaman-kyle-mullen-life-of-navy-seal-candidate-who-died-after-hell-week-training

The high school Navy SEAL candidate Kyle Mullen attended released a statement the day after the Navy confirmed he died after completing "Hell Week" training in California.

"We are all heartbroken to hear of Kyle’s passing. He was an outstanding young man whose dedication to serving our country was commendable. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of Kyle’s family and friends during this difficult time," Superintendent Dr. Charles Sampson told Fox News in a statement.

Manalapan High School in New Jersey had a moment of silence Monday, and counseling services are available to students and staff in need. Mullen will be honored at the upcoming football banquet, a spokeswoman said. The school is also looking into having the football team wear Mullen’s number on their helmets next season and retiring his number.

Mullen was a former football star at Manalapan High School who later played at Yale and Monmouth University, according to the Asbury Park Press.

ElCid
February 2nd, 2023, 11:54 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/us/seaman-kyle-mullen-life-of-navy-seal-candidate-who-died-after-hell-week-training

The high school Navy SEAL candidate Kyle Mullen attended released a statement the day after the Navy confirmed he died after completing "Hell Week" training in California.

"We are all heartbroken to hear of Kyle’s passing. He was an outstanding young man whose dedication to serving our country was commendable. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of Kyle’s family and friends during this difficult time," Superintendent Dr. Charles Sampson told Fox News in a statement.

Manalapan High School in New Jersey had a moment of silence Monday, and counseling services are available to students and staff in need. Mullen will be honored at the upcoming football banquet, a spokeswoman said. The school is also looking into having the football team wear Mullen’s number on their helmets next season and retiring his number.

Mullen was a former football star at Manalapan High School who later played at Yale and Monmouth University, according to the Asbury Park Press.

That's pretty sad, but he obviously had his act together regardless of what life threw at him. He served well and even if it cost him life in training, everyone can be proud of him.