PDA

View Full Version : Brawl of the Mild

Silenoz
November 13th, 2018, 12:23 PM
Which team gets to eek into the playoffs, beat(?) San Diego, and then get rocked by EWU or NDSU? Discuss.

MSUBobcat
November 13th, 2018, 01:47 PM
Crazy to think that 2 weeks ago, even with assuming both teams would win their next 2 against weaker competition and entering at 6-4, NO ONE would have thought this game had playoff implications. Then, nearly everyone in FCS decided making the playoffs seemed like a lot of work and phoned it in. Now, barring an ISU-o upset over the Grills, the winner stands a pretty decent chance to do as the OP says. Some call in parity in the FCS. I call it inconsistency. Whole lot of teams will be playing in the first round that really have no business being in the playoffs and will make quick and ugly exits against the seeds.

As for the Brawl, it seems like your OL has shored up a bit in the last couple games (albeit vs SUU and Idaho)? The best part of our game seems to be our ability to get to the QB. Oh, and we like to run it once in a while. Probably shouldn't have let that cat out of the bag, but wth, I'm feeling generous. If we can get pressure on Sneed and throw a few wrinkles in the offensive scheme (i.e. implement something other than Troy left, Troy right, Troy middle), I like our chances.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 13th, 2018, 05:10 PM
I question anyones football acumen if they believe either of these teams should be in the playoffs.

dewey
November 13th, 2018, 06:27 PM
Go Griz and FTC!

Sounds like Montana RB Calhoun has decided he doesn't want to play anymore this season and will use this season as a redshirt year.

https://www.google.com/amp/406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-grizzlies-not-altering-approach-as-they-turn-focus-toward/article_a45e372a-50e8-590c-a549-aa4cdd2040ed.amp.html

"Hauck offered a response of “no” when he was asked Monday if he expects senior running back Jeremy Calhoun to play this week.

Calhoun didn’t travel to Idaho for Saturday’s game, and Hauck said afterward that Calhoun “decided not to play anymore.” Asked if Calhoun was still on the team, Hauck said, “I mean, he didn’t want to play anymore, so.”"

Dewey

MSUBobcat
November 13th, 2018, 07:55 PM
I question anyones football acumen if they believe either of these teams should be in the playoffs.

Deserve to be? No. Not even close. Possibly in the running to be a sacrificial lamb to the seeded teams in Round 2? Maybe. We have to see how bad the rest of the FCS implodes again this weekend.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 13th, 2018, 08:17 PM
Deserve to be? No. Not even close. Possibly in the running to be a sacrificial lamb to the seeded teams in Round 2? Maybe. We have to see how bad the rest of the FCS implodes again this weekend.Agreed

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thundar
November 14th, 2018, 05:50 AM
Would love for the Bob kittens to come to the Dome for rd 2

Can you buy out a Playoff game??

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2018, 05:57 AM

xlolx

Either UND, if they win, or one of the light weight Montana schools will be funneled thru Fargo.

Winterborn
November 14th, 2018, 10:01 AM
xlolx

Either UND, if they win, or one of the light weight Montana schools will be funneled thru Fargo.

Would rather have either of the Montana schools than UND. They can go play being road kill for some other team.

JacksFan40
November 14th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Would rather have either of the Montana schools than UND. They can go play being road kill for some other team.
We’ll gladly take them in Brookings over some of the other teams projected to play us in the 2nd.

JacksFan40
November 14th, 2018, 10:05 AM
xlolx

Is rather see NDSU play A&T, then we can see just how good the HBCU’s finest really is.

X-Factor
November 14th, 2018, 10:39 AM
Is rather see NDSU play A&T, then we can see just how good the HBCU’s finest really is.

I doubt A&T could even make it out of turkey weekend

I personally would rather see them get funneled through Brookings because we all know Stig would let it rip on the scoreboard

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2018, 11:12 AM

That would be interesting. IMO, NDSU would boat race them.

- - - Updated - - -

We’ll gladly take them in Brookings over some of the other teams projected to play us in the 2nd.

That could happen also. Bus ride for UND either way.

Silenoz
November 14th, 2018, 11:41 AM

Well if you play us you can enjoy approximately five million fumbles. If you play the Cats you can enjoy five million QB draws. Either way, you're waiting until 2019 for an exciting football game(s) in this field.

Silenoz
November 14th, 2018, 11:45 AM
xlolx

It's FCS, it's all light weight xrotatehx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2018, 11:46 AM
Well if you play us you can enjoy approximately five million fumbles. If you play the Cats you can enjoy five million QB draws. Either way, you're waiting until 2019 for an exciting football game(s) in this field.

SDSU is the only team that can derail NDSU this year just because of familiarity between the teams. IMO.

Derby City Duke
November 14th, 2018, 12:01 PM

NDSU would only be challenged for as long as it would take them to adjust to the Southern heat (and speed) A&T would bring with them...

POD Knows
November 14th, 2018, 12:14 PM
SDSU is the only team that can derail NDSU this year just because of familiarity between the teams. IMO.Agree, SDSU might not be the 2nd best team in the country but they line up against us pretty well.

wapiti
November 14th, 2018, 12:18 PM
xflaggedx

Flagged for derailing this thread.

veinup
November 14th, 2018, 01:32 PM
head says cats, heart says griz. hoping for a good game anyway.

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2018, 02:32 PM
This thread needs some spice....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfRsHuu1vWs&app=desktop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwpQcRfv5UQ

Thundar
November 14th, 2018, 02:56 PM
This thread needs some spice....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfRsHuu1vWs&app=desktop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwpQcRfv5UQ

WOW, forgot about those gems, they almost make Appy and the HOT...HOT...HOT video look good

ALMOST

Herder
November 14th, 2018, 02:59 PM
Bobcats would intentionally throw a game vs. Valpo, at home . . . to avoid a trip to Fargo. They would have plane trouble, a collective sore throat, a death in the family . . . anything to avoid a game in Fargo. They would become HBCU for a day and petition the Celebration bowl, they would join the Ivy. They simply would not show up. Book it.

Seriously, the Brawl should be a good one, it always is.

Silenoz
November 14th, 2018, 03:12 PM
WOW, forgot about those gems, they almost make Appy and the HOT...HOT...HOT video look good

ALMOST

I had to watch Blue Bobcat Cup with the sound off. Only way I could do it.

And lmao at the youtube comments. "Nate O". I know that guy - got ran over so much in the Bozeman adult flag football league that he quit.

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2018, 03:16 PM
Bobcats would intentionally throw a game vs. Valpo, at home . . . to avoid a trip to Fargo. They would have plane trouble, a collective sore throat, a death in the family . . . anything to avoid a game in Fargo. They would become HBCU for a day and petition the Celebration bowl, they would join the Ivy. They simply would not show up. Book it.

Seriously, the Brawl should be a good one, it always is.

Oh Jebus....xdeadhorsex It's been a hot minute, might wanna work on some new material We bought out at a low price and sold high, making a decent amount of money. Was it the neighborly thing to do? Probably not. Are you going to cry about it the rest of your life? Apparently so. In fact, I hope we schedule a game in Fargo with the full intention of buying it out again, just to trigger the myopic Bison fans.

POD Knows
November 14th, 2018, 03:22 PM
Oh Jebus....xdeadhorsex It's been a hot minute, might wanna work on some new material We bought out at a low price and sold high, making a decent amount of money. Was it the neighborly thing to do? Probably not. Are you going to cry about it the rest of your life? Apparently so. In fact, I hope we schedule a game in Fargo with the full intention of buying it out again, just to trigger the myopic Bison fans.You guys are pussies, cowards and whores, congrats. xnodx

Herder
November 14th, 2018, 03:23 PM
Oh Jebus....xdeadhorsex It's been a hot minute, might wanna work on some new material We bought out at a low price and sold high, making a decent amount of money. Was it the neighborly thing to do? Probably not. Are you going to cry about it the rest of your life? Apparently so. In fact, I hope we schedule a game in Fargo with the full intention of buying it out again, just to trigger the myopic Bison fans.

He agrees, they would do anything to avoid a game in Fargo, including a scheduled home/home with no intent of playing it. I rest my case. :)

Seriously, Good luck to Bobcats this week, hope they get a win.

bobcathpdevil56
November 14th, 2018, 03:31 PM
You guys are pussies, cowards and whores, congrats. xnodx

I am shocked, shocked. A thread about the UM/MSU game has been hijacked by NDSU fans. I can't believe they would do something like this.

Grizalltheway
November 14th, 2018, 04:00 PM
I had to watch Blue Bobcat Cup with the sound off. Only way I could do it.

And lmao at the youtube comments. "Nate O". I know that guy - got ran over so much in the Bozeman adult flag football league that he quit.
How does one get ran over in a flag football league?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2018, 04:13 PM

I hope MSU wins this game so they can get funneled thru Fargo to get bitch slapped by NDSU.

This would be one game I would keep the foot on the pedal to win 70-3.

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2018, 04:27 PM
You guys are pussies, cowards and whores, congrats. xnodx

Boy, that was some high quality smack. xboringx

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2018, 04:33 PM
He agrees, they would do anything to avoid a game in Fargo, including a scheduled home/home with no intent of playing it. I rest my case. :)

Seriously, Good luck to Bobcats this week, hope they get a win.

Not so good with reading comprehension, eh? Didn't say a word about doing anything to avoid a game in Fargo. I said we should intentionally schedule a game and then buy it out, just to give a select few of the Bison fans something to harp on for another decade of $#it to b!tc# about.

Thankfully, I no longer live in ND so I have other things to occupy my time with rather than live vicariously through my school's football team.

Silenoz
November 14th, 2018, 04:42 PM
How does one get ran over in a flag football league?

Life finds a way

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Not so good with reading comprehension, eh? Didn't say a word about doing anything to avoid a game in Fargo. I said we should intentionally schedule a game and then buy it out, just to give a select few of the Bison fans something to harp on for another decade of $#it to b!tc# about.

Thankfully, I no longer live in ND so I have other things to occupy my time with rather than live vicariously through my school's football team.

Oh, good one....xrolleyesx

You can say what you want to about the buyout but it was still a bull**it thing to do and it was late in the game for NDSU to get a good replacement. Our old AD said he would never call Montana State again for a game. I don't know about our AD now but most Bison fans would say....sure schedule them but make a 2 or 3 for 1 with the first games in Fargo.

POD Knows
November 14th, 2018, 04:48 PM
Boy, that was some high quality smack. xboringxYea. I will try harder the next time.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2018, 04:57 PM
If you are not a Bobcat then stop whining. I expect more from you.:D

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Oh, good one....xrolleyesx

You can say what you want to about the buyout but it was still a bull**it thing to do and it was late in the game for NDSU to get a good replacement. Our old AD said he would never call Montana State again for a game. I don't know about our AD now but most Bison fans would say....sure schedule them but make a 2 or 3 for 1 with the first games in Fargo.

Wasn't intended as smack. I lived the first 17 years of my life in ND and still have lots of family there. I won't be moving back there. I like hockey and walleye, but that's not enough to leave Montucky.

As for the buyout, I've never defended the move (go back and look). It WAS a bull$#it thing to do. That said..... GET OVER IT. You guys are like a wife nagging about things that happened years ago. Who is still around for either team that had anything to do with that? Players? Nope. Coaches? Maybe some, but don't care enough to look. AD? Nada. So we forgot to open the door for you when we first started dating; either let it go or we want a divorce!

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2018, 05:04 PM
If you are not a Bobcat then stop whining. I expect more from you.:D

You expect the Bizons not to $#it on every thread? Are you new here?????

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2018, 05:09 PM
You expect the Bizons not to $#it on every thread? Are you new here?????

No, but my line would not work if I did not pretend. We've (UM/MSU) been pretty lax on the smacks the last couple years so I needed to get one in where I could.

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2018, 05:12 PM
Anyone that follows the MT teams wanna talk about the game or..........

Seems to me that the Griz OL isn't quite as porous as it was in the middle of the year. Were there injuries? Was it the competition? If we can't get to Sneed, I think we have a hard time beating the Griz. I think you'll figure out our offensive gameplan fairly quickly.... xbangx

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2018, 05:14 PM
No, but my line would not work if I did not pretend. We've (UM/MSU) been pretty lax on the smacks the last couple years so I needed to get one in where I could.

Same xlolx

mvemjsunpx
November 14th, 2018, 05:22 PM
xflaggedx

Flagged for derailing this thread.

Whenever NDSU is not in a thread, all the other posters should be asking "Where's NDSU?"

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2018, 05:25 PM

Seems to me that the Griz OL isn't quite as porous as it was in the middle of the year. Were there injuries? Was it the competition? If we can't get to Sneed, I think we have a hard time beating the Griz. I think you'll figure out our offensive gameplan fairly quickly.... xbangx

We have had only 4 upperclassmen or something like that on offense in total and we have been running 4 freshman on the Oline for the season. Now, they may have gotten just enough experience to be decent but it might also be that they have gotten just enough to beat a couple bad teams with weak pressure. Tough to say but I think with Sneed's mobility and the Oline picking it up a bit we are in way better shape this next Saturday than we have been for a long time.

Troy Anderson is a f'n beast, no doubt about that but with Buss and Olson I think we might be able to hold him to a little bit less than normal and only let him get 3 or 4 70 yd. runs in for Teeders. I think we might be able to exploit your secondary for a fair amount if we are staying on track with Sneed and the receivers like we have lately.

We may not be a good matchup for you guys this year but I've been wrong before on that one so...

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2018, 06:05 PM
Thanks, Ursus. I usually catch the griz games in bars since our games are often offset, but there's no sound so I don't really pick up the personnel.

Anderson is gonna break one or 2. Its just gonna happen. The question is, can we throw enough wrinkles at ya so that, other than a couple big runs, can we stay away from 3'n outs. Snead is definitely throwing a better ball than earlier, so if we can't get pressure, I'm very worried about being picked apart.

If we can get to Sneed and UM stops Troy, it'll be a low scoring affair. If our OC finds some creativity (or someone on the Bobcats says, "hey coach, I played shortstop in Little League. Can I try throwing a pass?") and the Griz OL gives Sneed time, it could be a slugfest.

One thing I DO know.... eat $#it Grizzlies, go Cats go :D

Schism55
November 14th, 2018, 06:14 PM
This is one of my fav games of the year. Pumped there is a probable playoff spot on the line.
Any chance of snow for this game??

Grizalltheway
November 14th, 2018, 06:25 PM
This is one of my fav games of the year. Pumped there is a probable playoff spot on the line.
Any chance of snow for this game??
Looks like rain the night before, then sunny and chilly on Saturday.

woffordgrad94
November 14th, 2018, 06:40 PM
Whenever NDSU is not in a thread, all the other posters should be asking "Where's NDSU?"
Classic. From The Simpsons Episode about Homer playing Poochie in Itchy and Scratchy, right?

caribbeanhen
November 14th, 2018, 07:09 PM
a 6-5 Rhode Island team fresh off a victory over New Hampshire makes a Marty backed push for the playoffs over any 6-5 Valley team that has thoughts of sneaking in

grizband
November 14th, 2018, 07:27 PM

Seems to me that the Griz OL isn't quite as porous as it was in the middle of the year. Were there injuries? Was it the competition? If we can't get to Sneed, I think we have a hard time beating the Griz. I think you'll figure out our offensive gameplan fairly quickly.... xbangxGriz o line has improved some over the season, but the losses before game one were intense. 3 potential starters were either injured, or quit for health reasons.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Grizalltheway
November 14th, 2018, 07:39 PM
a 6-5 Rhode Island team fresh off a victory over New Hampshire makes a Marty backed push for the playoffs over any 6-5 Valley team that has thoughts of sneaking in
Huh?

uofmman1122
November 14th, 2018, 07:40 PM
I don't feel good about this game, but I thought we would be run out of the barn at Idaho last week. It all feels like everything could just go so horribly wrong at any point in any game, but I'll be damned if we didn't blow the doors off of Southern Utah and Idaho.

OL looks better, and Sneed finally looks normal again.

I think if the Griz O keeps rolling, the Griz should win comfortably, as our defense is just good enough to limit MSU, and MSU's offense isn't really built to play from behind. As long as #15 needs to throw the ball, the Griz are in a very good spot.

But If MSU can force our guys to make mistakes, who knows.

One thing is for sure, though. Bobby Hauck was hired to win exactly this game more than any other one before or after, so it'll probably be a battle no matter what.

mvemjsunpx
November 14th, 2018, 07:59 PM
Classic. From The Simpsons Episode about Homer playing Poochie in Itchy and Scratchy, right?

xnodx

I was gonna post the clip, but the only sufficiently pithy one I could find was on some site called "comb.io" xdontknowx

- - - Updated - - -

The New Hampshire teflon has coattails?

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2018, 08:34 PM
Huh?
EXACTLY!

POD Knows
November 15th, 2018, 07:32 AM
So I imagine there is no way to watch this game other than that stupid Root TV that nobody watches or are their other options.

Grizalltheway
November 15th, 2018, 09:11 AM
So I imagine there is no way to watch this game other than that stupid Root TV that nobody watches or are their other options.

Where do you live again? Chances are there's a watch party nearby.

POD Knows
November 15th, 2018, 10:11 AM
Where do you live again? Chances are there's a watch party nearby.By Fargo, but I have a Bison game to go to and wanted to watch a reply. Somebody had sent me a link a while back for a replay of a BSC game and I couldn't get it to work. I have yet to see a BSC game this year, the BSC and the Pioneer are the only conferences for which I have not watched a single game.

Grizalltheway
November 15th, 2018, 10:50 AM
By Fargo, but I have a Bison game to go to and wanted to watch a reply. Somebody had sent me a link a while back for a replay of a BSC game and I couldn't get it to work. I have yet to see a BSC game this year, the BSC and the Pioneer are the only conferences for which I have not watched a single game.

Root Sports' production value is actually very good, but yeah, if you want to watch anything other than the live broadcast it's pretty slim pickings.

Catbooster
November 15th, 2018, 11:15 AM
Scroll down to the bottom of this page and it gives viewing options: https://www.msuaf.org/s/1584/index.aspx?sid=1584&gid=1&pgid=401

But I'm not sure about replay options (other than Root replays the games a few times during the following week - but that won't help if you don't get Root, and it probably won't be until a few days later).

POD Knows
November 15th, 2018, 11:16 AM
Root Sports' production value is actually very good, but yeah, if you want to watch anything other than the live broadcast it's pretty slim pickings.
Christ, I can watch Valpo on ESPN+ or ESPN3 but can't get a BSC game, sucks.

Red & Black
November 15th, 2018, 11:57 AM

Plenty of folks watch it in the Northwest. It’s a good quality production and I watch games all the time with it. And I live in Georgia.

Bohcat
November 15th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Life finds a way

Hahaha! Well done!

semobison
November 15th, 2018, 12:17 PM

I agree, I watch a lot of FCS football and have not been able to watch a Big Sky game either...sucks!

Bohcat
November 15th, 2018, 12:22 PM

I am living out of state now but if you have a FireStick you can buy the WatchATT app which has the Audience Channel. I believe you will get a week free trial. They show the Root Sports Big Sky games. $15 a month. I can stream it through my phone as well. I bought it in October going to cancel it on Sunday.

grizband
November 15th, 2018, 01:27 PM
I agree, I watch a lot of FCS football and have not been able to watch a Big Sky game either...sucks!
Pluto TV and Eleven Sports

Schism55
November 15th, 2018, 02:21 PM
Pluto TV and Eleven Sports
This ^^ Pluto works just fine in any web browser too, don't need to do the app.
Also here, frequently dodgy performance though xeyebrowx
https://bigskyconf.com/sports/2015/11/19/WatchBigSky.aspx

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2018, 02:54 PM

no way, I've been watching Big Sky games down here in Puerto Rico, works on iphone better than laptop google chrome though

TheKingpin28
November 15th, 2018, 03:35 PM
Pluto TV and Eleven SportsYep. I get around to watching a couple of evening Big Sky games each week (unless the marquee is in the afternoon and I'm not at the Fargodome) as well SoCon, Southland, CAA, and Valley games. I probably watch about 6-8 but check out 12 or so a week.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

POD Knows
November 15th, 2018, 04:20 PM
no way, I've been watching Big Sky games down here in Puerto Rico, works on iphone better than laptop google chrome thoughOK, come to Fargo and show me how to watch these games without spending a pile of money. You freaking guys in PR still use ham radios, how are you getting Root down there.

POD Knows
November 15th, 2018, 04:23 PM
Pluto TV and Eleven SportsI have no idea what Pluto or Eleven Sports is, seriously, nobody knows what this is except the gamer hacks that live on the web. Get a decent TV or Web site to broadcast games or live forever in Pluto/Root and Eleven Sports hell.

grizband
November 15th, 2018, 04:28 PM
I have no idea what Pluto or Eleven Sports is, seriously, nobody knows what this is except the gamer hacks that live on the web. Get a decent TV or Web site to broadcast games or live forever in Pluto/Root and Eleven Sports hell.Never claimed it was well known, but its an easyto locate, simple to use source of Big Sky athletics video

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
November 15th, 2018, 05:36 PM
I have no idea what Pluto or Eleven Sports is, seriously, nobody knows what this is except the gamer hacks that live on the web. Get a decent TV or Web site to broadcast games or live forever in Pluto/Root and Eleven Sports hell.

Hey I am not very techno savy but for 49.99 a year ESPN+ subscription and 30.00 for a roko stick you see pretty much ANY FCS game and the replays you want. Not to mention all the basketball , hockey, volleyball etc etc etc. Plus all the ESPN shows etc etc. and more.

MSUBobcat
November 15th, 2018, 05:38 PM

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong or add some details, but I think it has to do with our TV deal with Root?? They might be the only channel that can broadcast BSC nationally. Just spitballing.

nodak651
November 15th, 2018, 05:49 PM
Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong or add some details, but I think it has to do with our TV deal with Root?? They might be the only channel that can broadcast BSC nationally. Just spitballing.

I think that is correct. Pretty sure that's why UND and NAU always have had their home non conference games on fox college sports, but not the regular season. Pretty terrible deal for non Montana/Montana State fans.

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2018, 08:05 PM
OK, come to Fargo and show me how to watch these games without spending a pile of money. You freaking guys in PR still use ham radios, how are you getting Root down there.

Well all I know is google has a Aerostat Ballon on Station over El Yunque and they are broadcasting all kinds of free signals since the Hurricane last year, we all have free cell phone and internet service compliments of the US Tax payer right now which means i can pull up any game in the country on my cell for free

cx500d
November 15th, 2018, 08:18 PM
Well all I know is google has a Aerostat Ballon on Station over El Yunque and they are broadcasting all kinds of free signals since the Hurricane last year, we all have free cell phone and internet service compliments of the US Tax payer right now which means i can pull up any game in the country on my cell for free

Great, another hazard to aircraft...The army used to run aerostats on ships in the caribbean; they had one up in the clouds as we were making our run down past Aves Island to Isla Margarita and points west and damn near ran into the cable because they weren't reporting their posit and we weren't briefed he was out there. A last minute "what the hell is that" call narrowly averted disaster.

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2018, 08:30 PM
Great, another hazard to aircraft...The army used to run aerostats on ships in the caribbean; they had one up in the clouds as we were making our run down past Aves Island to Isla Margarita and points west and damn near ran into the cable because they weren't reporting their posit and we weren't briefed he was out there. A last minute "what the hell is that" call narrowly averted disaster.

The google ballon story was mostly complete BS just to see if POD would take the bait but they did have some hot air ballons over the Island for cell phone signal, but Im very familar with the old Aerostat program, those ships had Coast Guard personnel onboard, maybe the ships were on lease from the Army..... One of them was named the Atlantic Sentry, back in the 80's when the drug war was on, oh Yes, Aves Island, the Venezuelan sand spit and cause of several international incidents

POD Knows
November 15th, 2018, 08:36 PM
Hey I am not very techno savy but for 49.99 a year ESPN+ subscription and 30.00 for a roko stick you see pretty much ANY FCS game and the replays you want. Not to mention all the basketball , hockey, volleyball etc etc etc. Plus all the ESPN shows etc etc. and more.I have that but you can't get Big Sky games via that option. I watch tons of FCS football, just not the Big Sky. Hell, I even watched some Ivy games this years on ESPN+ and the Roku.

POD Knows
November 15th, 2018, 08:39 PM
The google ballon story was mostly complete BS just to see if POD would take the bait but they did have some hot air ballons over the Island for cell phone signal, but Im very familar with the old Aerostat program, those ships had Coast Guard personnel onboard, maybe the ships were on lease from the Army..... One of them was named the Atlantic Sentry, back in the 80's when the drug war was on, oh Yes, Aves Island, the Venezuelan sand spit and cause of several international incidents:D OMFG, I might have bit if I would have had any clue what the hell you were talking about. You can't get technical with me or start dropping military jargon, my eyes glaze over and I start sucking my thumb.

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2018, 08:43 PM
:D OMFG, I might have bit if I would have had any clue what the hell you were talking about. You can't get technical with me or start dropping military jargon, my eyes glaze over and I start sucking my thumb.

remember CX said the Coast Guard was not a military service :D so you wont hear any militray jargon from me

cx500d
November 15th, 2018, 08:46 PM
The google ballon story was mostly complete BS just to see if POD would take the bait but they did have some hot air ballons over the Island for cell phone signal, but Im very familar with the old Aerostat program, those ships had Coast Guard personnel onboard, maybe the ships were on lease from the Army..... One of them was named the Atlantic Sentry, back in the 80's when the drug war was on, oh Yes, Aves Island, the Venezuelan sand spit and cause of several international incidents

They were all named XXXXXX Sentry. I don't remember why, but the mission was transferred from the coast guard to the army somewhere ~ 1990. They killed it in the mid 90's.

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2018, 08:54 PM
They were all named XXXXXX Sentry. I don't remember why, but the mission was transferred from the coast guard to the army somewhere ~ 1990. They killed it in the mid 90's.

yep, Gulf Sentry was another one

as for your mid air incident, yes there where way to many fingers in the Caribbean pot back in those days, to many Commands in the mix and lack of inter agency coordination from one Central Command Point.... it was a cluster****

POD Knows
November 15th, 2018, 09:01 PM
Well, there is more thread drift here but the BSC brought this on themselves with their ****ty TV deal.

BTW, here is the call

Griz 27
Kitties 21

#Bookit

cx500d
November 15th, 2018, 09:07 PM
Well, there is more thread drift here but the BSC brought this on themselves with their ****ty TV deal.

BTW, here is the call

Griz 27
Kitties 21

#Bookit

Oh I'm sorry, is this a football thread?

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2018, 09:08 PM
https://bigskyconf.com/sports/2015/11/19/WatchBigSky.aspx

try that POD, Should be Idaho State at Cal Poly replay

edit - not exactly but you can filter for only football and then go back one week and last weeks games should be there

ElCid
November 15th, 2018, 09:08 PM

Our cable company (a mom and pop outfit) has one or two BSC games every week. And that is in NC. Pretty funny. But I have seen a few this year as a result.

Grizalltheway
November 16th, 2018, 10:13 AM

BTW, here is the call

Griz 27
Kitties 21

#Bookit

I would actually feel pretty comfortable booking this.

POD Knows
November 16th, 2018, 10:19 AM
I would actually feel pretty comfortable booking this.I want the Kitties to win and be routed through Fargo.

MSUBobcat
November 16th, 2018, 10:21 AM
I want the Kitties to win and be routed through Fargo.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29501&stc=1

Living rent free in your head.

Grizalltheway
November 16th, 2018, 10:24 AM
I want the Kitties to win and be routed through Fargo.
Agree to disagree on that one.

POD Knows
November 16th, 2018, 10:27 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29501&stc=1

Living rent free in your head.No butthurt, it would just be nice to get a cupcake in the early rounds.

MSUBobcat
November 16th, 2018, 10:30 AM
Agree to disagree on that one.

I think he thinks MSU getting beatdown would hurt our feelers or something. All but the goldest-shaded glasses wearers had no playoff aspirations from fairly early on this season. If they were to squeak into the playoffs AND win a game, that's all gravy this season. A beating by ANY of the seeded teams is highly likely thereafter.

MSUBobcat
November 16th, 2018, 10:31 AM
No butthurt, it would just be nice to get a cupcake in the early rounds.

Don't have as much confidence in the Bison as, well.... pretty much everyone else on AGS that NDSU cruises to Frisco this year???

POD Knows
November 16th, 2018, 10:33 AM
Don't have as much confidence in the Bison as, well.... pretty much everyone else on AGS that NDSU cruises to Frisco this year???Anything can happen and often does. If the Bison team that showed up in the first half against YSU shows up in the playoffs, it could be a short run although the playoffs in the last couple years has been a break from the conference grind. I also like to have new teams come into the dome and we haven't played you guys for a while.

MSUBobcat
November 16th, 2018, 10:39 AM
Anything can happen and often does. If the Bison team that showed up in the first half against YSU shows up in the playoffs, it could be a short run although the playoffs in the last couple years has been a break from the conference grind. I also like to have new teams come into the dome and we haven't played you guys for a while.

Fair enough. I freely admit we will be a tasty cupcake for someone in Round 2 (provided we win Cat-Griz, get selected AND win in the first round). And for the record, I've ALWAYS been against what we did to NDSU with that buyout. Making some extra cash isn't worth tarnishing your reputation. But what's done is done.

Silenoz
November 16th, 2018, 11:01 AM
Jokes on you guys. In a twist, the Griz win out, and then get shipped to Weber in the second round - where we still lose by 30 - but there's only 10 fans to make us feel bad about it!

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Boosh-Fist-Bump-In-Gif-Hot-Rod.gif

MSUBobcat
November 16th, 2018, 11:05 AM
Jokes on you guys. In a twist, the Griz win out, and then get shipped to Weber in the second round - where we still lose by 30 - but there's only 10 fans to make us feel bad about it!

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Boosh-Fist-Bump-In-Gif-Hot-Rod.gif

xlolx Damn it, they scheduled the game during church service!

Good news is, as long as you score at least a TD, Weber isn't beating ANYONE by 30. Only time they've scored more than 35 was against UNC. And we all know about UNC....

semobison
November 16th, 2018, 12:00 PM
Anything can happen and often does. If the Bison team that showed up in the first half against YSU shows up in the playoffs, it could be a short run although the playoffs in the last couple years has been a break from the conference grind. I also like to have new teams come into the dome and we haven't played you guys for a while.

This years Bison have had 3 games where they have been tied or trailed after 3 quarters. There are other times they have looked unbeatable. Favorites to win it all again? Yes, unbeatable, no.

Reign of Terrier
November 16th, 2018, 12:06 PM
This years Bison have had 3 games where they have been tied or trailed after 3 quarters. There are other times they have looked unbeatable. Favorites to win it all again? Yes, unbeatable, no.

In a normal year I would agree with this. But this year the subdivision just looks weaker

cx500d
November 16th, 2018, 02:49 PM
Fair enough. I freely admit we will be a tasty cupcake for someone in Round 2 (provided we win Cat-Griz, get selected AND win in the first round). And for the record, I've ALWAYS been against what we did to NDSU with that buyout. Making some extra cash isn't worth tarnishing your reputation. But what's done is done.

You may be a tasty cupcake for San Diego

veinup
November 17th, 2018, 01:17 PM
HYPE HYPE HYPE

katss07
November 17th, 2018, 01:19 PM
You may be a tasty cupcake for San Diego
The Big Sky is one...large, fluffy...delicious cupcake for San Diego.

Grizalltheway
November 17th, 2018, 01:37 PM
The Big Sky is one...large, fluffy...delicious cupcake for San Diego.

Who is Sam Houston playing in the first round?

TheKingpin28
November 17th, 2018, 01:41 PM

CSU-Pueblo?

Grizalltheway
November 17th, 2018, 02:12 PM
Griz 22
(Poor) Bobcats 0
8:00 left 2 Q

Grizalltheway
November 17th, 2018, 03:58 PM
Typical 2018 Griz. Look like world beaters in the first half, forget how to play the game in the second.

veinup
November 17th, 2018, 03:59 PM
Yep. We’re doing it again 🤔

Bisonator
November 17th, 2018, 04:11 PM
Wow cats just take the lead 29-25 with 2 minutes left.

dewey
November 17th, 2018, 04:12 PM
What the F? Grizzlies up 22-0 and now down 29-25.

Dewey

Bisonator
November 17th, 2018, 04:15 PM
Griz have a 1st and goal at the 9 with 42 seconds left.

dewey
November 17th, 2018, 04:16 PM
Griz have a 1st and goal at the 9 with 42 seconds left.

Wow! I wish this game was on TV. Come on Grizzlies! More updates please!

Dewey

katss07
November 17th, 2018, 04:16 PM
We’re playing BYE in the first round this year.

Bisonator
November 17th, 2018, 04:19 PM
It's 3rd and goal at the 1 with 14 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -
Nope Time out msu.

Bisonator
November 17th, 2018, 04:21 PM
Griz fumble and the cats are going to win it!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow what a finish.

dewey
November 17th, 2018, 04:22 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Wow what a finish.

Wow! Is that a microcosm of the season for the Grizzlies or what?

Dewey

veinup
November 17th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Wow. A fitting end

Daytripper
November 17th, 2018, 04:23 PM
Crazy finish...

MSUBobcat
November 17th, 2018, 04:28 PM
Not sure I've seen a secondary play that poorly and their team still wins. BUT I'LL TAKE IT. EAT **** GRIZZLIES!

wapiti
November 17th, 2018, 04:29 PM
How did the Cats win this game????? I did not think the Cats played very well, but yet somehow they earn the W.

POOR grizzlies!!!!

veinup
November 17th, 2018, 04:33 PM
how many times this season did we go into the half with a decent-big lead and then score barely any points in the 2nd half? YIKES!

wapiti
November 17th, 2018, 04:45 PM
I would imagine that this one is going to sting a bit for the griz.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2018, 04:47 PM
Congrats Bobcats! The folks at The Hub in Belgrade will be smiling!

Hopefully this punches their ticket!!

veinup
November 17th, 2018, 04:49 PM
it’s stinging me alright.. yeesh. gg cats, you guys have a grittier team than we do, hope you make it to the playoffs. *salute

Grizalltheway
November 17th, 2018, 04:57 PM
I imagine this is how cat fans must have felt in '97. It ain't good.

Silenoz
November 17th, 2018, 05:26 PM
I stopped giving a shot long ago

uofmman1122
November 17th, 2018, 05:49 PM
That was the worst thing I’ve ever experienced as a Griz fan.

I still can’t ****ing believe it.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2018, 06:13 PM
Congratulations to the Bobcats,the fans, etc. Winning that one took some grit as was mentioned and you guys did things right to get it done. Hope you make noise in the playoffs.

wapiti
November 17th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Congratulations to the Bobcats,the fans, etc. Winning that one took some grit as was mentioned and you guys did things right to get it done. Hope you make noise in the playoffs.

Thanks UAH. The turnovers in the 4th Q doomed the griz in this one. I'm sure Hauck will address the turnover issue during spring practices.

The Cat's need to work on their kickoff coverage. I am not sure why every kickoff is not deep into the endzone with our coverage.

Next year should be another dandy for the Cat/Griz game.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2018, 06:42 PM
Thanks UAH. The turnovers in the 4th Q doomed the griz in this one. I'm sure Hauck will address the turnover issue during spring practices.

The Cat's need to work on their kickoff coverage. I am not sure why every kickoff is not deep into the endzone with our coverage.

Next year should be another dandy for the Cat/Griz game.

That is really what we did in every game we lost except UND which we just started doing it way, way earlier. I thought we had shaken it off a bit but we did it again and got what we deserved for it. We were very young and I hope that the 19 returning starters on both sides can learn and progress cuz as we all know your gonna lose if you give a good team some extra chances. Some very impressive players in a lot of spots for you guys.

kalm
November 17th, 2018, 06:55 PM
That is really what we did in every game we lost except UND which we just started doing it way, way earlier. I thought we had shaken it off a bit but we did it again and got what we deserved for it. We were very young and I hope that the 19 returning starters on both sides can learn and progress cuz as we all know your gonna lose if you give a good team some extra chances. Some very impressive players in a lot of spots for you guys.

Great, great college football game. Both teams looked playoff caliber today. Sneed on 3rd down was dynamite.

uofmman1122
November 17th, 2018, 07:11 PM
With Weber and NAU winning, we were that close to finally going back to the playoffs.

I STILL can’t believe we lost that one. This going to hurt for a long, long time.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 17th, 2018, 07:41 PM
Neither of these teams should be in the playoffs, both teams suck and are in a very very weak conference

Catbooster
November 17th, 2018, 08:05 PM
What a great game. The Griz played hard and didn't give up. I think Bobby & staff did a good job this year with what they had to work with.

If the Cats can finally get a solid QB in place next year both teams should be competitive.

I like defense, so to me a goal line stand to win is a great finish.

Thanks God for weak bubbles. I hope we'll be tailgating next week.

Laker
November 17th, 2018, 10:18 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Wow what a finish.

I'm watching the replay on TV now and was wondering how the Cats survived. Quite a game.

Ivytalk
November 18th, 2018, 06:22 AM
Congrats to the Beasts of Bozeman. Good luck in the playoffs!