PDA

View Full Version : 2018-11/17 AGS GOTW Week 12

Preferred Walk-On
November 12th, 2018, 07:47 PM
Jacksonville State @ Kennesaw State - The Owls' first real FCS competition this year? The Gamecocks have a chance to prove they still belong in the conversation of top 10 teams in the FCS. Neutral field (?) should make this a playoff-like atmosphere.

Elon @ Maine - The Phoenix need this to stay out of the discussion of 6 D1 win teams. A win over Maine should remove any doubt about playoff consideration. The Black Bears look to wrap up a season in which they not only exceeded most's expectations, but they also win the CAA autobid and warrant very serious consideration of a seed.

James Madison @ Towson - Delaware and Maine have avoided the Dukes. Towson does not. This may be a great indicator of whether James Madison is really down heading into the playoffs and whether Towson is ready to make a run after a few year layoff from the playoffs.

Samford @ East Tennessee State - Who'd have thought at the beginning of the season that the Buccaneers could win the Southern Conference? That is what this game represents for ETSU. The Bulldogs can play spoiler.

Indiana State @ Western Illinois - This game is for consideration of a playoff spot for a 6 D1 win MVFC team, plain and simple. The Sycamores have been a great story this year, and the Leathernecks did themselves a disservice losing to South Dakota last week. This is a must-win for both, and they will need some help after that.

Montana State @ Montana - Both are still in the running for 7 D1 wins. Neither team has an exceptional win this season, and it appears that the winner in this game will have to consider this their exceptional win. However, the winner will have 7 D1 wins in an FCS landscape where there will be a 6 D1 win team(s) selected for the playoffs.

Weber State @ Idaho State - The Wildcats want a seed. The Bengals want a spot in the tourney. The winner should get their wish.

Lamar @ McNeese State - The Cowboys are looking for that 7 D1 win threshold. The Cardinals look to reach 6 D1 wins, and if so, would do this while knocking off the likes of Incarnate Word, Sam Houston State, Central Arkansas, and McNeese State in winning their final six games. This would have to warrant some playoff consideration.

FUGameBreaker
November 12th, 2018, 08:07 PM
Samford would only have 5 D1 wins, no playoffs for those boys, but they can help aid my Paladins at claiming that SoCon title xthumbsupx

Preferred Walk-On
November 12th, 2018, 08:13 PM
Samford would only have 5 D1 wins, no playoffs for those boys, but they can help aid my Paladins at claiming that SoCon title xthumbsupx

Thank you for the correction. I had thought this originally, and I must have looked at the schedule incorrectly when writing the description. Fixed it.

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2018, 08:14 PM
Damn, too many good choices for the final week.

Preferred Walk-On
November 12th, 2018, 08:17 PM
Damn, too many good choices for the final week.

I know. I posted the poll, then realized I did not know who I would vote for (first time this year). Went with James Madison @ Towson simply because I need some closure in the CAA.

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2018, 08:34 PM
I know. I posted the poll, then realized I did not know who I would vote for (first time this year). Went with James Madison @ Towson simply because I need some closure in the CAA.

I went with that as well just since I need to know who wants to play for a seed and who wants to play on Thanksgiving weekend.

dewey
November 12th, 2018, 09:23 PM
I picked Jacksonville State vs Kennesaw State.

Rematch of last years playoff matchup.
Two top 15 teams.
Good way to see how good KSU is against a good Jacksonville State team.

However James Madison at Towson is a very interesting matchup as well.

A lot of good games this weekend.

Dewey

woffordgrad94
November 12th, 2018, 09:30 PM
Just gotta go with “The Brawl Of The Wild”. Huge rivalry game that very possibly has strong playoff implications- win to be in.

Scooter
November 12th, 2018, 09:49 PM
I voted JMU vs Towson.
Kenneshaw vs JSU is also a great option.

MTfan4life
November 13th, 2018, 01:37 AM
I picked Jacksonville State vs Kennesaw State.

Rematch of last years playoff matchup.
Two top 15 teams.
Good way to see how good KSU is against a good Jacksonville State team.

However James Madison at Towson is a very interesting matchup as well.

A lot of good games this weekend.

Dewey

This hear is AGS country, good sir. There's only one legitimate poll in these parts. I'd change that to two top 16 teams if I were you! ;)

dewey
November 13th, 2018, 06:26 AM
This hear is AGS country, good sir. There's only one legitimate poll in these parts. I'd change that to two top 16 teams if I were you! ;)Dang it. I throw myself at the mercy of the AGS community for my transgression.

Deweyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181113/89c22ea68ddd7f1d61ded6ebbebcdd04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WestCoastAggie
November 13th, 2018, 09:20 AM
The Florida Classic and the Street Fight in Durham should’ve been on this list.

Preferred Walk-On
November 13th, 2018, 09:29 AM
The Florida Classic and the Street Fight in Durham should’ve been on this list.

Yeah, probably had some FCS playoff implication bias in me when making this list. My apologies. Big implications for Celebration Bowl, minimal implications for FCS playoffs, unless FAMU wins. Then we likely get to see NC A&T open on Thanksgiving weekend.

Appreciate your opinion, and I would be happy to see you vote "Other" and say which game you voted for and why, if you are so inclined.

WestCoastAggie
November 13th, 2018, 11:32 AM
Yeah, probably had some FCS playoff implication bias in me when making this list. My apologies. Big implications for Celebration Bowl, minimal implications for FCS playoffs, unless FAMU wins. Then we likely get to see NC A&T open on Thanksgiving weekend.

Appreciate your opinion, and I would be happy to see you vote "Other" and say which game you voted for and why, if you are so inclined.
When I get in front of my home computer, I will do just that.

Preferred Walk-On
November 13th, 2018, 11:34 AM
When I get in front of my home computer, I will do just that.

Sounds good. I am excited to see how those games turn out this weekend.

BEAR
November 13th, 2018, 11:40 AM
I see Lamar winning the game against McNeese. It will likely be the best rep for the SLC........not to go. xnodx

Mayville Bison
November 13th, 2018, 02:48 PM
Just gotta go with “The Brawl Of The Wild”. Huge rivalry game that very possibly has strong playoff implications- win to be in.

Some big games this week, but this is my reasoning as well.

semobison
November 13th, 2018, 04:11 PM
I remember when Montana-Montana State used to be considered the IAA game of the year. The rivalry has definitely lost some its luster nationally....Anyway, I'll throw them a bone since it's a winner to the playoffs game.

maine612
November 13th, 2018, 05:15 PM
I picked Elon at Maine. 1. Because I am a Maine fan. 2. Because this game has such fantastic ramifications on the CAA title and the FCS playoffs. Maine can win the league, get a bye, or left of of the playoffs altogether (seems likely to get an At large with a loss...but its dicey). Elon can get a bid with a win. Many other team's fortunes also riding on the outcome of this game. Should be a good one.

ksu_owls
November 13th, 2018, 08:40 PM
I wonder if playing with a dirt infield will factor into the KSU/JSU game. My former boss at the braves told me today that they decided not to sod the field. Maybe it’s a nonfactor? Maybe this is a stupid post? Instead of deleting it I’m just going to see what y’all think.

katss07
November 13th, 2018, 09:18 PM
I wonder if playing with a dirt infield will factor into the KSU/JSU game. My former boss at the braves told me today that they decided not to sod the field. Maybe it’s a nonfactor? Maybe this is a stupid post? Instead of deleting it I’m just going to see what y’all think.
No, I think you have a legitimate thought and for good reason. Not sure how much it’ll impact the game but I hate seeing a football player get tackled at second base. Too bad they didn’t sod the field.

Derby City Duke
November 13th, 2018, 09:59 PM
The Raiders, Colts, and other teams that played in multi-use natural grass fields always played with the dirt infield intact -- at least through the end of baseball season. Not sure if they ever added grass once baseball was done. Going old school in the ATL!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2018, 06:15 AM
I picked Ind State and WIU. For both, win and you are in.

BisonBacker
November 16th, 2018, 09:22 AM
I think you can wrap this poll up.